Is the Government Shutdown an Effort to Declare Martial Law?

Author Topic: Is the Government Shutdown an Effort to Declare Martial Law?  (Read 4262 times)

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
Re: Is the Government Shutdown an Effort to Declare Martial Law?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:51:54 pm »
Hard to say - but it's a step...

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:59:40 pm »
How can they declare Martial law when they are shut down?

IMHO, they can stay shut down indefinitely--that is how you balance the budget--no government to waste our money!!
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 11:00:38 pm »
It makes me think of a disfunctional person trying "the behave or I'll leave you and you will die without me".
In Americas case that may be correct as the MIC 9/11 FF has made America pretty well hated around the globe.
For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
From The Declaration of Arbroath 132

Offline WakeUpAmerica

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 12:17:45 am »
Well this should also be noted, Senator Mike Lee thinks Obama may have planned it: http://endthelie.com/2011/04/07/senator-says-obama-planned-the-government-shutdown/

Offline America2

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 01:15:07 pm »
Less than 12 hours and counting...

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:52 pm »
Essential gov workers will still be paid.  soldiers are in that category if I'm not mistaken.
Mark12:
4And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
 5But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him

Offline Freeski

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »
LOL - someone bought some time.

Washington (CNN) -- Budget negotiators are working on a proposal to keep the federal government open for another week while Democratic and Republican leaders put together a broader deal, a senior Republican close to the talks told CNN Friday night.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/08/congress.budget/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline decepticon

• Bury the past, rob us blind, leave nothing behind.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 09:23:48 pm »
as i understand it the gov. decides who is essential and who isn't, and in this case has apparently decided military is non-essential. during the shutdowns of bush I and clinton, i believe the military was considered essential and paid as they should be.

perhaps many of our soldiers will start to question uncle sam once the blood money stops trickling down, and stay on the peoples side when the hammer falls. 

like someone said earlier, if you are trying to establish martial law, not paying your troops would not boost morale. 

delay another week if they want. the cards are coming down, not by accident for one moment.
Ron Paul 2012...because Liberty is too big to fail.
Beat Bailout Barry!!!!!!!!

Offline Freeski

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 09:27:20 pm »
as i understand it the gov. decides who is essential and who isn't, and in this case has apparently decided military is non-essential. during the shutdowns of bush I and clinton, i believe the military was considered essential and paid as they should be.

perhaps many of our soldiers will start to question uncle sam once the blood money stops trickling down, and stay on the peoples side when the hammer falls. 

like someone said earlier, if you are trying to establish martial law, not paying your troops would not boost morale. 

delay another week if they want. the cards are coming down, not by accident for one moment.

Maybe they'll just print more money to appease the military? Or punch digits into their accounts, at least at the beginning, then one day they'll stab them all in the back. Freaky time to be aware!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline WakeUpAmerica

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 09:34:37 pm »
Maybe they'll just print more money to appease the military? Or punch digits into their accounts, at least at the beginning, then one day they'll stab them all in the back. Freaky time to be aware!
This is how I see it happening. The Fed is private so it definitely will not shut down the money presses. Therefore I have no doubt military and police personnel will keep getting fiat currency. I think it would take a total economic collapse and complete devaluation of the dollar to make most of the military wake up and stand for the constitution and the people instead of serving the banksters wishes.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 09:39:06 pm »
This is how I see it happening. The Fed is private so it definitely will not shut down the money presses. Therefore I have no doubt military and police personnel will keep getting fiat currency. I think it would take a total economic collapse and complete devaluation of the dollar to make most of the military wake up and stand for the constitution and the people instead of serving the banksters wishes.

Ah, the critical mass.

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »
The military, mail carriers, air traffic controllers and border security guards would still be expected at work, although paychecks could be delayed.

full article
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SPENDING_SHOWDOWN?SITE=NCKIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Keyword phrase from above quote ...paychecks could be delayed  That would make it tough for the soldier.  mail carriers and the others should just not go to work, unless  they get a paycheck.

But no mail no bills,  think about that,  they'll get paid.
Mark12:
4And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
 5But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »
This whole charade brings to mind this scene from "Glory"

Tear it up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Mx9HvrDJY
I AM POLITICALLY AGNOSTIC AND PROUD OF IT - John Tsul

Offline Freeski

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 09:49:51 pm »

full article
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SPENDING_SHOWDOWN?SITE=NCKIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Keyword phrase from above quote ...paychecks could be delayed  That would make it tough for the soldier.  mail carriers and the others should just not go to work.

Could means will in governmentspeak.

Offline WakeUpAmerica

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 09:54:38 pm »
Exactly. If they give ANY wiggle room in their official statement, you can rightly expect them to make use of it. Just like they did with Libya and NATO did as well: http://endthelie.com/2011/04/07/rebels-in-libya-accuse-nato-of-airstrikes-on-their-personnel/

Offline Freeski

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 09:58:03 pm »
Exactly. If they give ANY wiggle room in their official statement, you can rightly expect them to make use of it. Just like they did with Libya and NATO did as well: http://endthelie.com/2011/04/07/rebels-in-libya-accuse-nato-of-airstrikes-on-their-personnel/

Yup. And "plausible deniability" is another choice example.

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 10:10:41 pm »

Yes it does,  If that is there plan, however if the postal workers get tough and do not go to work  then we will not get the bills that feed those idiots, so to speak. I do not think they want the chaos that would bring on, massive layoffs etc as the higher ups in the utility companies or credit card companies dump it on there employees.   At least not yet.

Mark12:

Offline WakeUpAmerica

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:02 pm »
Yes it does,  If that is there plan, however if the postal workers get tough and do not go to work  then we will not get the bills that feed those idiots, so to speak. I do not think they want the chaos that would bring on, massive layoffs etc as the higher ups in the utility companies or credit card companies dump it on there employees.   At least not yet.

But keep in mind the printing presses wont stop so the connected corporations will likely have no problems whatsoever. In fact it could assist them in a massive takeover. I have to reiterate the article I posted earlier about the Senator thinking Obama planned this last year and I tend to agree. Of course WE all know that it wasn't Obama and that he is just a teleprompter reading shill who they use to be able to accuse any detractors of being racist.  This much is obvious: if this happened, the NWO agenda would get a pretty big opportunity to come into full effect.

Offline America2

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:57 pm »

Yahoo News says a basic deal has been reached, while CNN TV says it hasn't.

Just so much confusion with less than 2 hours to go.

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 10:25:10 pm »
Even without the frontmen, the shadow government grinds out it's agenda. Canada is supposedly at war with Libya at the moment; so who's running the op while the shills are out campaigning? It's all behind closed doors of course.

Offline Flur

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 10:31:41 pm »
I'm gonna throw this out there, and even I don't think it's probable (and we'll know within an hour or two).. BUT..

I was just reading the Elenin thread on here (not even sure how I feel about that).. but what if it was realized by TPTB that a comet/nibiru/elenin.. etc were going to impact earth in the near future, wouldn't a government shutdown be the PERFECT smokescreen/excuse for politicians to disappear before TSHTF?

(ok, even i think that's probably bs)   

thoughts?
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  - 1 John 2:15

Offline Freeski

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 10:32:44 pm »
Even without the frontmen, the shadow government grinds out it's agenda. Canada is supposedly at war with Libya at the moment; so who's running the op while the shills are out campaigning? It's all behind closed doors of course.

Yeah, I asked that a week ago - is the Queen running the Libya slaughter? Who's "running" Canada right now?

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 10:33:11 pm »
Thousands of troops and their families have been worried that if the government shuts at midnight, they would receive half a check next week and not see another paycheck until May 1 -- if the government shutdown is resolved by then.

Live blog: Latest developments on a possible shutdown

However, if the shutdown lasts past Tuesday, the senior defense official said, the Pentagon is making plans to have an emergency payday and troops may not have to wait until May 1.

The official said, "We're already working to 'trick' the computer systems to come up with a special payday" that could come within a few days to a week of when the government goes back to work.

full article:http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/08/military.shutdown.pay/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

I don't think tptb want to piss off the military. Or should I say WAKE up the military
Mark12:

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41:09 pm »
This has taken me by surprise! (In a way)

To a foreigner of the crown  ::), what does a Gov't shutdown mean? Essential services stop for a day, weekend, week?

And wouldn't this make people fly into a panic thereby justifying the need for martial law?

Thanks.
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 10:47:59 pm »
[

Yahoo News says a basic deal has been reached, while CNN TV says it hasn't.

Just so much confusion with less than 2 hours to go.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-pn-shutdown-deadline-20110409,0,822139.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fnationworld%2Fnation+%28L.A.+Times+-+National+News%29

y.
Reporting from Washington—
Just hours before a midnight deadline, congressional leaders and White House officials were “on the way to resolving” a key sticking point in a budget dispute that has threatened a government shutdown this weekend, a senior Democratic official said Friday.

The deal was not final, but the two sides have agreed on cuts of $38 billion, up from $34.5 billion being considered a day earlier, the official said, discussing the negotiations on condition of anonymit

Sounds like there won't be a shutdown.
Mark12:

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »
Yeah, I asked that a week ago - is the Queen running the Libya slaughter? Who's "running" Canada right now?
Well, if we've got aircraft over Libya and troops on the ground in Afghanistan, I would say NATO is running our foreign policy show at the moment.

Offline America2

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 11:20:25 pm »
Doesn't matter - either way, they will continue to make massive cuts until the old_world_order gets dissolved...

Offline Flur

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 11:33:05 pm »
Guess my ramblings were incorrect. 
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  - 1 John 2:15

Offline Freeski

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 11:35:31 pm »
Guess my ramblings were incorrect. 

One never knows.