Soetoro's New Policy: No Miranda Rights for American "Terrorism" Suspects

Author Topic: Soetoro's New Policy: No Miranda Rights for American "Terrorism" Suspects  (Read 10245 times)

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Obama curtails Miranda rights for American terrorism suspects

By David Edwards
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 -- 11:10 am

The Obama administration has created a new policy that allows investigators to waive Miranda warnings for domestic-terror suspects, even when there is not an "immediate threat," a report said Thursday.

The rule was revealed by an FBI memorandum obtained by The Wall Street Journal. It says that in "exceptional cases," investigators can hold suspects without informing them of their rights.

The policy applies where investigators "conclude that continued unwarned interrogation is necessary to collect valuable and timely intelligence not related to any immediate threat."

A 1966 Supreme Court ruling said that law-enforcement officials must notify suspects of their right to remain silent and have an attorney present for questioning. Another decision, 1n 1984, gave law enforcement the ability to question suspects for a limited time without a Miranda warning where public safety was at stake.

The 1984 exception has been used to justify interrogating domestic-terror suspects for hours without reading them their rights.

With the new rules, that exception has been significantly expanded.

More: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/24/obama-curtails-miranda-rights-for-american-terrorism-suspects/
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Holder Seeks to Kill Miranda Rights and Give Police More Interogation Powers

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=170368.0

* MAY 9, 2010, 11:15 A.M. ET

US Attorney General: Regulators To Seek Miranda Law Change
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100509-702362.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

By Fawn Johnson

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--Regulators are preparing to ask Congress to modify the Miranda law that requires law enforcement officials to inform criminal suspects of their rights.

"We need to give serious consideration to at least modifying the public safety exception" to the Miranda law to give enforcement officials "the necessary flexibility" to question suspects, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on ABC News's "This Week" on Sunday.

The administration has been criticized for reading Miranda rights to the suspect in the Times Square car-bombing attempt and to the suspect in the Christmas Day attempt to blow up an airliner overDetroit.

Holder said there were a number of possibilities for modifying the law, and that regulators would be discussing those with Congress. He did not provide further details. 
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline kerrymti

• The truth will set us free..and..open their eyes.
and it continues...papers please!

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!
So if they would argue they need "reasonable flexibility" to question a terror suspect, who's to say they won't decide they need "reasonable flexibility" to question Joe "Doper", Jim "Speeder", or Tony "Black guy standing on a corner minding his own business?" If they are willing to circumvent one portion of rights which are inherently part of this countries history because it is inconvenient and troublesome, then they are likely to say the same thing about us later on. Then couple that with the fact that at one point, they saw torture as being "reasonable and necessary."
The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline larsonstdoc

This draconian crap has to be stopped because someday soon we will be considered to be the terrorists---any decent law abiding citizens that truly believes in the Constitution and the rule of law.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!

This draconian crap has to be stopped because someday soon we will be considered to be the terrorists---any decent law abiding citizens that truly believes in the Constitution and the rule of law.

We already are considered terrorists.
The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors

Just for context, let's include the definition of "domestic terrorism"...

18 U.S.C. § 2331(5)

the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—

(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(B) appear to be intended—

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

Notice there is no and/or conjunction between subparts (A) and (B).  This means, from a constructive standpoint, that each of these definitions stand on their own... with the conditional restriction added to (B) in (C).

In short, this means that ANY activity that involves "acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State" regardless of where the activity occurs, as well as the specific items laid out in subpart B (so long as they occur within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States), shall be considered "domestic terrorism".

Sloppy construction, imo, and provides far too broad of a definition to avoid the implication that murder is terrorism, or that a peaceful citizen march in opposition to political policy is terrorism.

Now, on top of that, they want to avoid affording those in custody for such "domestic terrorism" their rights?

Each and every alphabet agency of the federal government can eat a dick... and Congress should be fired for both allowing retarded laws like this to make it to codification and for not cinching the Executive beast back down to its strict Constitutional mandate.

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
Miranda Warning is given because every single word pertains in it's most literal sense:

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?
Right to An Attorney Present (even free if you cannot afford one)

Miranda Warning
Right to a Speedy Trial (can't just be thrown in jail indefinitely)
Knowing Who Your Accusers Are (how can defense be made if not even knowing who/what?)
Knowing the Charges Against You.

~ And, considered innocent until proven guilty ~

The above were all put in place to protect people from Tyranny -- for a reason!

Love, e

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Rumsfeld, Kissinger, Nye, Lute, Lynn, Boot get no Miranda rights? That is not constitutional! Give them their Miranda rights and then do an actual non-noosphere investigation.

3 legal interns, 1 week of work, and a Windows 95 machine hooked up to a 56K baud modem will be enough resources to gather enough evidence to prosecute these trilateral terrorists!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Nailer

No, It is actually part of the  "Patriot act "  that  CONgress passed after 9-11 without even reading a single word of it.

If you are charged as a enemy combatant or domestic terrorist then they ( Feds,FBI,CIA ,DHS,etc ) can hold you in a jail cell for as long as they want  and you get no phone calls no lawyers .

I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline chris jones

So if they would argue they need "reasonable flexibility" to question a terror suspect, who's to say they won't decide they need "reasonable flexibility" to question Joe "Doper", Jim "Speeder", or Tony "Black guy standing on a corner minding his own business?" If they are willing to circumvent one portion of rights which are inherently part of this countries history because it is inconvenient and troublesome, then they are likely to say the same thing about us later on. Then couple that with the fact that at one point, they saw torture as being "reasonable and necessary."
  Bingo, this is how it begins

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
There are zero "perfect" justice systems.  There never has been, nor will there be *any* perfect justice system.    In any society, mistakes will be made when it comes to justice.  There will always those who go free, that are guilty. There will always be those who go to jail, who are innocent.  This is a fact of Life.

America's unique Innocent Until Proven Guilty is the most fair justice system there is.  Tyranny is not about having a say in your defense, knowing your accusers or knowing why you are put into jail.  Tyranny is about being rounded up and thrown in jail to rot, on just suspicion or accusation.  It is a very convenient tool to round up those who are against your regime -- don't you think?  We have seen these attempts through CPS, already, to do this to known patriots.

I have heard argument in the past where prosecutors don't like "innocent until proven guilty" because perpetrators "get off" with a slick attorney and loopholes.  I don't agree that the basic system should be done away with.  My take is tougher penalties for crimes committed & to re-instill mental institutions instead of using our over-crowded prisons as mental facilities.

However, Tyranny is already here.  It takes the forms of:

1.  Child Protective Services:  Total snitch system where "reports" can be made by anonymous callers to a "hotline" who never have to identify themselves (never know your accuser).  Upon any report (social wreckers call these anonymous "tips" in for each other on the hotline).  There is no suspect.  Instead, there is a victim of CPS who is Guilty -- EVEN IF -- proven innocent.  People sit in jail, as we speak.  They do not get to go before the judge and hear "charges" (do not know the crime committed).  The public defender never comes by.  Phone call is not allowed for an attorney (no attorney is ever present).  They sit while CPS tries to drum up a case against the victim "after-the-fact-of-arrest."  The supposed child abuser sits in jail while every dirty trick is played by CPS to create a case, after-the-fact of arrest.  The victim sits in jail for a long time (last I heard of one case in GA, he was still there after over a year).  This is because CPS cannot afford to *not* make a case and get sued for false imprisonment and the rest of their unconstitutional actions.  Better they just sit, huh?  (Hence, the Right to a Speedy Trial).

2.  Active & Well Snitch System aka "See Something, Say Something"  Right Now.  Everywhere you go, there are people assigned the task of looking for suspicious persons.  They wander around the stores with hearing devices.  They hang out in the bookstores, restaurants and libraries.  The bank clerks and tellers are "looking" for people who fit the profile of a terrorist (MIAC's definition of terrorists = common American People).  Have you ever been asked that "odd" question lately while going about your normal errands & activities?  CPS social wreckers have two jobs -- one with CPS, and the other in your local pet store (grocery store --any store) to spy on you.  They spy everywhere children might be.  The  job of CPS is not about protecting children -- it is about catching child abusers.  In CPS's own words and mindset "every single person is a child abuser who hasn't been caught yet."  Victims of CPS wind up "plea bargaining" to stay out of jail and support their families.  Believe me, there is not a sex-offender around every corner.  This is globalist terrorism on the family.

The true purpose of Tyranny is to destroy the family.  The Family is the fabric of community: Our city/county/State.  And, Our Country.  Family is the building block of any society.  Destroy families, and humankind is destroyed.  Plain & simple to see.

Can it be any plainer that Family is perpetrated upon by Federal Government terrorism?  How much propaganda is out there where the family and parents are bad?  The school system openly declares that the children are not the parent's children while they are in school.  Parental permission is not needed for anything.  Children are encouraged to "choose" their sexual orientation at about 8 years old.  huh?

There is a barrage of nwo "new thinking" to make things better in society with regard to jobs, responsibilites & roles in community.  This new thinking is supported by the problem/reaction/solution model.  Society has purposely been degraded in ways that have worked in the past.  It is hard to make a living.  Kids, who are natural "reformers" are given by the system --parents -- to blame.  They are further won over by the system using a strong influence -- sex.  Kids are further influenced in the idea that parents are bad and that kids should be able to do whatever they want.

Do we really need something "new" to fix the nwo influence?  I say no.  A good starting point is to simply go back to the way things "were."  This means perpetrators of terrorism on the family need to be taken down.   People do care about the planet and pollution -- but, we are not allowed to take care of these things along with the many woes (famines) afflicting humankind?

If family and parents are "bad," it doesn't make sense.  Humanity has survived and thrived and grown for how many years?  It was the result of traditional family, parents -- and kids.

Love, e

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
un-freakin-believable!
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson