Author Topic: Speculative Radiation Numbers from HAARP/Stuxnet Quake/Nuke False Flag in Japan  (Read 89299 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
It's just a matter of time - the #1 reactor is supposedly 70% warped, melted and wrecked plus both it's geometry and flow is damaged. They'll be lucky if they can SCRAM any of them in time. It only takes a corner or couple scraps of rods in the wrong places or a hydrogen explosion to dislodge a control rod.

The most worrisome are #2 who's containment is shot and #3 about which we know the least.

Wow, after so many days every single prediction of doom and gloom has been 100% wrong. It is obviously understandable given the psychopaths controlling the events. But nothing is outside their control and the more they provoke the plant to meltdown, the more people are exposing how nothing makes sense with the chain of events. So hopefully the Stuxnet joystick operators will back the f**k off!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline KazKru

WOW, radiation numbers just shot up massively in the last 12-24 hours in Ibaraki Prefecture, which is geographically located between Fukushima Prefecture and Tokyo.  Either this is due to shifting winds blowing the radioactive cloud inland, or the Japanese guv is full of shit with their statement that they have stabalized the radioactivity from the plant.....probably a mix of both IMO.

If I was in Tokyo right now I'd be crapping myself.

You can view it here:

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=4870
(note the trend data in Ibaraki)

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
I wonder if the NY Daily News will rerun this front cover:

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
WOW, radiation numbers just shot up massively in the last 12-24 hours in Ibaraki Prefecture, which is geographically located between Fukushima Prefecture and Tokyo.  Either this is due to shifting winds blowing the radioactive cloud inland, or the Japanese guv is full of shit with their statement that they have stabalized the radioactivity from the plant.....probably a mix of both IMO.

If I was in Tokyo right now I'd be crapping myself.

You can view it here:

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=4870
(note the trend data in Ibaraki)

Since the elites have targeted Japan who have refused Western help, do you think that the Pentagon has ordered various dirty bombs to be dispersed to wreak more havoc? The Pentagon probably even has a white paper about how they would be justified in doing such a thing. Sure looks like they never want an investigation over there.

Offline phasma

• Have a H.A.A.R.P.Y DAY !
If it is over your farm land - please take note:

I saw a program that said that radioactivity concentrates in certain foods. Worst are:

MILK, (and milk derived products) and dark green vegetables - esp spinach / watercress.

So, obviously, avoid these. Might be a good time to revert to some of those tin cans you have been storing!

(You have been storing some right?)

x
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise - Surangama Sutra

Offline Cywar

Reading of environmental radioactivity level by prefecture, Time series data(Graph)(English version)

http://www.mext.go.jp/english/radioactivity_level/detail/1303986.htm
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline SanityParty

... negative in it's own little way, and certainly almost each one has something negative to say about something AJ said. I'm not one to bow to the alter of Aj on everything, but it certainly makes me wonder, why are you here exactly?

It's own *little* way, eh?  Clever choice of words.

I am here because I give a damn about many of the issues addressed by AJ and it really irks me to see them mixed with unproven speculation - allowing the important truths to be discarded by the public mind along with the garbage. 

Do you have any evidence about the fuel rods being 'blown sky high'?   That statement, repeated over and over on the show for days, was like giving an ICBM to our enemies in the 'infowar'. 

Waking a fraction of the people up while simultaneously rendering them a "crazy faction" in the public mind only serves the interests of division.  If people like you would join me in immediately denouncing the bull in the mix, this movement would have the credibility it needs to achieve *our* end game.

----
Democracy is like 350,000,000 sheep and 1000 wolves voting on what's for lunch.  Unfortunately, the wolves own the TV networks which the sheep watch, so the sheep vote to have themselves butchered.  But they get to choose which butchers, corporate board of directors or government bureaucrats (both acting on behalf of billionaires) will do the deed.
----

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!
It's own *little* way, eh?  Clever choice of words.

I am here because I give a damn about many of the issues addressed by AJ and it really irks me to see them mixed with unproven speculation - allowing the important truths to be discarded by the public mind along with the garbage. 

Do you have any evidence about the fuel rods being 'blown sky high'?   That statement, repeated over and over on the show for days, was like giving an ICBM to our enemies in the 'infowar'. 

Waking a fraction of the people up while simultaneously rendering them a "crazy faction" in the public mind only serves the interests of division.  If people like you would join me in immediately denouncing the bull in the mix, this movement would have the credibility it needs to achieve *our* end game.

----
Democracy is like 350,000,000 sheep and 1000 wolves voting on what's for lunch.  Unfortunately, the wolves own the TV networks which the sheep watch, so the sheep vote to have themselves butchered.  But they get to choose which butchers, corporate board of directors or government bureaucrats (both acting on behalf of billionaires) will do the deed.
----

If you've read my posts on the matter where it is alleged that Chinese Troops are just over the border in Mexico, you'd see that I too detest some of the info that gets put out there are "truth." I wish far more truthers would be responsible in what they say on forums in articles, and in the public eye. I wish they would only say what can be proven, rather than speculating. But your posts are so overly negative, on every topic you post on, I just question your motives. So no, I don't think I'll be lumping in with you. I'd rather argue the points on my own with no backup than run the risk of being labeled cointel.

AJ's use of that metaphor is yes, a bit unnerving, and questionable. But I think you have a bit too much of a hard-on for that one little detail, as it appears to be the focal of your fixation. It's done and over with now, There no going back and fixing that. All we can do is try to get info-warriors to have better discernment in what they put out there. That could very well be a lesson well learned for you as well.
The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page

Webster Tarpley World Crisis Radio 03-19-2011 Pt. 8

http://www.youtube.com/user/WebsterTarpleyDotNet#p/u/7/FeoKZDLTplE

Webster Tarpley on the Fukushima Meltdown and the human cost of industrial society & affordable power. (First Two Minutes)

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
It's own *little* way, eh?  Clever choice of words.

Do you have any evidence about the fuel rods being 'blown sky high'?   That statement, repeated over and over on the show for days, was like giving an ICBM to our enemies in the 'infowar'.  

Waking a fraction of the people up while simultaneously rendering them a "crazy faction" in the public mind only serves the interests of division.  If people like you would join me in immediately denouncing the bull in the mix, this movement would have the credibility it needs to achieve *our* end game.

----
Democracy is like 350,000,000 sheep and 1000 wolves voting on what's for lunch.  Unfortunately, the wolves own the TV networks which the sheep watch, so the sheep vote to have themselves butchered.  But they get to choose which butchers, corporate board of directors or government bureaucrats (both acting on behalf of billionaires) will do the deed.
----

Seen the close up photos of the plant ?
The ones that show the room which stored the rods ?

The photo I saw a few days back in the daily mail clearly showed the storage area, and the crane used to move the rods. The photo was taken through a MASSIVE BLAST HOLE.

Why don't you check these things out for yourself eh ?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline agentbluescreen

If there's nothing wrong and nothing to be scared of, tell us all why the unconstitutional US Standing-army Pentagon Dictatorship occupiers who we've been paying through the nose to illegally occupy Japan for 60 years (to "protect" it LOL - but obviously for no purpose whatsoever) are suddenly running a way like a bunch of little girls who've seen a spider?  

The Army fodder stationed there were just stationed there to be killed by China or Russia as an excuse to go to war. They aren't (and never were) protecting nor defending Japan LOL

Why would the US Navy, the ultimate authority who actually designed the damn infernal things to hold the economic planet hostage to the Rothschild Bankstering Mafia with their nuclear killer subs, also run off like a bunch of yellow cowards?

What is going on here is not good. It is and will be getting much worse, not better. Fission is a disastrous and idiotic, stupid and moronic anti-technology.

If they accept responsibility for GE's crimes it will bankrupt America

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
If there's nothing wrong and nothing to be scared of, tell us all why the unconstitutional US Standing-army Pentagon Dictatorship occupiers who we've been paying through the nose to illegally occupy Japan for 60 years (to "protect" it LOL - but obviously for no purpose whatsoever) are suddenly running a way like a bunch of little girls who've seen a spider?  

The Army fodder stationed there were just stationed there to be killed by China or Russia as an excuse to go to war. They aren't (and never were) protecting nor defending Japan LOL

Why would the US Navy, the ultimate authority who actually designed the damn infernal things to hold the economic planet hostage to the Rothschild Bankstering Mafia with their nuclear killer subs, also run off like a bunch of yellow cowards?

What is going on here is not good. It is and will be getting much worse, not better. Fission is a disastrous and idiotic, stupid and moronic anti-technology.

If they accept responsibility for GE's crimes it will bankrupt America

I have no idea how to interpret your collapsing of 15 different issues to somehow make a point of some sort. what the point is, i have no clue

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page

Some RAD Information

The "international" standard for radiation measurement is the "Sievert", which is a metric standard.  One thousandth of a Sievert is a "millisievert", which is what the news media has been using to report the  levels of radiation in Japan: "Dose rates of up to 400 millisievert per hour (mSv/hr) have been reported  at the site."

Here in the USA, we have for decades used Rems and Rads, which are based upon an English standard.  The differences are somewhat confusing, so I am going to break this down to more easily understood measurements.

If you have old surplus Civil Defense dosimeters or Radiation Survey Meters (also inaccurately called "Gieger Counters"), these will be in  measurements of Roentgens or Rads, not millisieverts, so knowing how to convert between the two standards will become important very shortly.

No, the following conversion is not scientifically precise, but it is close enough for our purposes on the ground.  Nuclear physicists may split hairs as often as they split atoms, but that does not mean that we, as the  people who actually have our lives on the line, cannot come up with a more useful way of measuring our own level of risk.

A "Rem" and a "Rad" are virtually interchangeable for field measurements.

True, they are not exactly equal, but they are close enough.

One  thousandth of a Rad is called a "millirad".

One thousandth of a Rem is called a  "millirem".

One "Rad" is roughly equivalent to .876 Rem, more than close enough for me to calculate them as equal.  By the time you worked out the exact conversion, you might be cooked, so don't worry about the fine differences when you are trying to calculate whether you should close the door to your  underground shelter.

1 millisievert (mSv) = 100 Millirems (or Millirads)

10 millisieverts = 1000 Millirads = 1 Rad

So, roughly speaking, you need 10 Millisieverts to equal one Rad.
Looking at news reports from the BBC, we see that today the  Japanese were admitting to 400 Millisieverts per hour of radiation on the ground within 20 miles of their former nuclear reactor complex.  That  roughly equates to about 40 Rads per hour.

The effects of radiation are cumulative, so 40 Rads per hour will result  in  a total of 80 Rads of exposure in two hours, 120 Rads of exposure in three  hours, and so on.
100 Rads, or about 1000 Millisieverts, will result in the symptoms  commonly  referred to as "radiation sickness".  200 Rads, or about 2000  Millisieverts, will make you as sicker than the proverbial dog.

Considering that 400 Rads would definitely put you in a hospital, and 600  would absolutely, positively kill you dead, 40 per hour is bad news, folks.

After about ten hours of exposure at that rate you would definitely wind  up deathly ill and would have a 50-50 chance of winding up dead. IF you survived, you would also have about a 50 percent chance of developing some  form of malignant cancer.

After about 15 hours of exposure at that rate, you would not have to worry  about ever getting cancer, because you would be dead in a few weeks to a
month.  600 rads of exposure will be 100 percent fatal. 40 rads per hour will definitely ruin your day.  The level at what used to  be the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex has apparently risen a LOT higher

http://grendelreport.posterous.com/radiation-risks-read-carefully

http://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/Radiation_definitions.html

High-level waste
Nuclear waste is divided into several categories. High-level waste consists mostly of spent nuclear reactor fuel from both commerical power plants and military facilities, as well as reprocessed materials which can emit large amounts of radiation for hundreds of thousands of years. Commercial nuclear power plants in the U.S. alone produce 3,000 tons of high-level waste each year. The amount of spent fuel removed annually from the approximately 100 reactors in the U.S. would fill a football field to a depth of one foot. When spent fuel is removed from a reactor core, it still emits millions of rems of radiation. For more information on units of measurement (such as the rem), see the radiation effects page.

In the absence of high-level waste repositories, nuclear power plants genearlly store their spent fuel rods in lead-lined conceete pools of water. These pools somewhat contain the spread of gamma radiation by keeping the rods relatively cool. They also help prevent fission. The average commercial power plant puts 60 used assemblies into temporary storage each year and will probably continue to do so until the year 2000, when responsibility for spent fuel will be transferred to the Department of Energy. Space is running out at many plants though. The plants have another option of storing their spent fuel at other plants still under construction. It is theoretically possible to reduce the amount of storage space that spent fuel rods require by removing them from their assemblies, bundling them tightly, and then packing them into heavily shielded dry storage, but repacking these highly radioactive rods may present too much of a challenge.

For long-term storage of high-level waste, a waterproof, geologically stable repository and leak-proof waste container is required. Packaging has to be tailored to the volume of the waste, the actual radioactive isotopes of elements it contains, how radioactive it is, its isotopes' half-lives, and how much heat it still generates. One technique for packaging high-level wastes involves melting them with glass and pouring the molten material into impermeable containers. The containers could be buried in soil or in a rock pile and surrounded by fill material and a barrier wall. From the 1940s through the 1960s, barrels of radioactive waste were frequently dumped in oceans. This ended in 1970 when the EPA (Energy Protection Agency) determined that at least one-fourth of these barrels were leaking. A new, possibly safer proposal under consideration for long-term ocean storage includes offshore drilling and a procedure known as self-burial. In offshore drilling, holes would be drilled into the seabed and filled with barrels of waste. In self-burial, specially shaped barrels would be dumped and left to sink to the ocean floor.

Geologic disposal is currently the most popular solution for waste disposal. During the 1980s, the U.S. government invested more than $2 billion into geologic disposal. In this form of disposal, mined tunnels with deep holes for waste canisters would be built using conventional mining techniques. Monitoring and waste retrieval would be relatively easy. In 1987, a site was chosen for the first permanent high-level commercial nuclear waste storage repository in the United States--Yucca Mountain, 100 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada. Expected to cost up to $15 billion, this repository is scheduled to go into operation by the year 2010.

Over the years, a number of other ideas for high-level waste disposal have been proposed and, at least temporarily, abandoned. One was disposal in space, in which sealed containers of radioactive material would be sent up into distant orbits. This would be an expensive and risky operation, as problems on the launchpad or in space could expose the earth and atmostphere to an enormous amount of radiation. Another suggestion was burying waste under the Antarctic ice sheets. However, this would risk irradiating that area and the surrounding sea. A much safer idea, which would render disposal unnecessary, is to bombard radioactive waste with subatomic particles to transform it into less harmful isotopes. Unfortunately, this attractive proposal awaits still unrealized technology.

Mill Tailings
Mill tailings, left over when ore is refined and processed is the largest by volume of any form of radioactive waste. Only 1% of uranium ore contains uranium--the rest is left on-site as sandlike residue. These tailings are generally left outdoors in huge piles, where they blow around, releasing radioactive materials into the surrounding air and water. By 1989, some 140 million tons of mill tailings had accumulated in the United States alone, with 10 to 15 million tons added each year. Although their radiation is generally less concentrated than other types of waste, some of the isotopes in these tailings are long-lived and can be hazardous for many thousands of years.

Until their radioactive risk was known, mill tailings were sometimes used as foundation and building materials, especially in western states. When their risk was discovered, these materials in the buildings had to be monitored. These monitored sites are generally safer, although some groundwater contamination still occurs at them. It has been recommended that tailings be stored underground in clay pits, far from population centers.

Low-Level Waste
Low-level wastes are usually defined in terms of what they are not. They are not spent fuel, milling tailings, reprocessed materials, or transuranic materials. Low-level waste includes the remainder of radioactive wastes and materials generated in power plants, such as contaminated reactor water, plus those wastes created in medical laboratories, hospitals, and industry. Wastes in this category usually, although not always, release smaller amounts of radiation for a shorter amount of time. "Low level" does not mean "not dangerous," though. Although its radioactivity is usually less concentrated than that of high-level waste, low-level waste can be dangerous for up to tens of thousands of years.

Most low-level wastes come from reactors. These wastes can be divided up into two categories:
          o Fuel wastes are fission products that leak out of fuel rods and into cooling water.
          o Nonfuel wastes result when stray neutrons bombard anything in the core other than fuel--such as the reactor vessel itself--and cause them to become radioactive.

The remainder of low-level wastes comes from industry and institutional sources, including pharmaceutical plants, universities, and medical facilities. Instead of going to low-level waste dumps, these wastes are often kept on-site for the short time it takes for them to decay to safe levels. Then they are deposited into sanitary landsfills. However, it is likely that liquid wastes are literally poured down the drain, whether or not they are still radioactive.

Low-level waste landfills were first built in the 1960s. In near-surface land burial, containers of waste fill a trench and are covered and surrounded by compacted earth. There are currently a few burial grounds in the U.S. to which most commercial low-level waste materials emitting detectable amounts of radiation are sent. A few other landfills are currenly inactive due to severe waste-containment problems and radioactive leakage. Waste containers in near-surface landfills are prone to corrosion, particularly in moist climates. Landfills provide a false sense of comfort because they are "out of sight, out of mind." More worthwhile alternatives include above-ground landfills and to store waste at existing nuclear plant sites.

There are a number of unresolved issues regarding disposal of low-level wastes. The current institution control period (the amount of time a waste site must remain under guard after it has been filled and closed) is only 100 years. Yet the hazards presented by some low-level wastes can continue for thousands of years. What will keep future generations from uncovering and being contaminated by these substances?
http://library.thinkquest.org/3471/nuclear_waste.html

Zeolite Clay

The unique structure of clays gives them unusual filtering capabilities for absorbing toxic wastes, including radioactive contaminants. In just one gram of zeolite clay, for instance, the three dimensional structure of the channels in its crystalline structure provide up to several hundred square meters of surface area on which absorption (and channel reactions) can take place. The zeolites are particularly useful for removing heavy metals and radioactive species from water.

While you can take an Epson salt or Clorox bath, you can also take a radiation detox bath of zeolite clay that’s formulated with special herbs for the process.

Zeolites are natural, inert, non-toxic, environmentally friendly substances that are known to remove toxic metals from waste water, land, septic systems and the air. Zeolites can adsorb huge amounts of materials such as ions or gas molecules. Zeolite clay has an unusual crystalline structure and is tetrahedral in shape, similar to a honeycomb appearance. The channels and holes in the sponge-like structure of zeolite have a uniform shape and size. It is this unique crystalline structure that gives zeolite clay such unusual capabilities of filtering, mineralizing, and absorbing toxic wastes. In one gram of zeolite, the channels in its structure provide up to several hundred square meters of surface area on which adsorption and chemical reactions can take place. Its unique structure acts like sieves, or “shape-selective catalyst,” catching only molecules small enough to fit into the cavities, while excluding larger molecules.

There are around 50 different kinds of natural zeolites and about 150 synthetic versions with varying physical and chemical properties.  Natural zeolites were discovered as major constituents of numerous volcanic tuffs in saline-like deposits. Zeolite contains the minerals potassium, calcium, silicon, hydrogen, oxygen, aluminum and sodium. Zeolite clay has been beneficial in remineralizing and re-establishing pollution control in the soil and for use in hydroponic plant growth. The high purity of the natural deposits has aroused considerable commercial interest in the United States and abroad. The name “zeolite” literally means “boiling stones.”

Zeolite clay has been a medium for air filters, water filters, and odor control.  It is environmentally friendly for waste dump sites and has been used as a filter medium for the removal of radioactive wastes and for the removal of heavy chemical toxins and heavy metals such as iron, zinc, cadmium, lead, and copper, deemed hazardous by the government, from individuals as well as from mining and water waste sites. Zeolite clay has been used successfully for the extraction of radionuclides from human beings and animals.

The natural zeolites can absorb up to 30% of their dry weight of gases, such as nitrogen or ammonia. Toxic gases, chemicals, mold, mildew, formaldehyde, and other toxins are drawn by the natural negative electrical charge into the crystal micro pores of the clay. The odors and gases are removed, not merely covered up. Research is now being done by several companies for its use as an absorbent of excess moisture, molds, and fungi. “Pouches” of zeolite clay are now available for, not only odor control, but the elimination of toxic gases and chemicals, smoke, and radioactive gases. These “pouches” are placed in a room, and act like a magnetic sponge.

The British Nuclear Fuels (BNF) uses this specific type of zeolite to remove radioactive strontium and cesium and, therefore, reduces the radioactivity of liquid waste discharged into the Irish Sea . The Hanford , Washington nuclear weapons facility, uses this same kind of zeolite to prevent contamination. This type of zeolite also had a role in the cleanup after the atomic energy plant accident at Three Mile Island . A Swedish study showed another kind of zeolite could decontaminate live animals and meat affected by the Chernobyl disaster.

http://www.tuberose.com/Radiation.html

Units of measurement

rad
The rad represents a certain dose of energy absorbed by 1 gram of tissue. It is a unit of concentration. So if we could uniformly expose the entire body to radiation, the number of rads received would be the same whether we were speaking of a single cell, an organ (e.g., an ovary) or the entire body (just as the concentration of salt in sea water is the same whether we consider a cupful or an entire ocean).

rem
Some forms of radiation are more efficient than others transferring their energy to the cell. To have a level playing field, it is convenient to multiply the dose in rads by a quality factor (Q) for each type of radiation. The resulting unit is the rem ("roentgen-equivalent man"). Thus, rem = rad x Q. X rays and gamma rays have a Q about 1, so the absorbed dose in rads is the same number in rems. Neutrons have a Q of about 5 and alpha particles have a Q of about 20. An absorbed dose of, say, 1 rad of these is equivalent to 5 rem and 20 rem respectively.

The sievert (Sv) and gray (Gy)
Despite the years of high-quality research reported in rems and millirems (mrem, 10-3 rem), the International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements wants us to give up the rad in favor of the gray (Gy), a unit 100 times larger. Similarly, the rem is to be replaced by the sievert (Sv), again so that 100 rem = 1 Sv. So I will try to express all radiation doses in a single unit, the millisievert (mSv).

Estimated average annual radiation exposure from various sources (in millisieverts) of an inhabitant of the United States (total = 5.86 mSv). Individual exposures, especially to radon and medical sources, vary widely from these average values. The use of medical imaging in the United States (some 67 million CT scans were performed here in 2006) has increased greatly in recent years. As for radon, only the lungs are exposed as the alpha particles emitted by radon cannot penetrate other tissues. (Data from the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, Bethesda, MD.)

Background Radiation
About 27% of our annual exposure to radiation is from background radiation:

• cosmic radiation (0.27 mSv). The value increases with altitude, so the dose for people in Denver, Colorado is about 0.50 mSv.
  • rocks and soil (0.28 mSv). This value varies with the geology of a region: people in Louisiana get as little as 0.15 mSv/yr; people on the Colorado plateau (incl. Denver!) get 1.4 mSv/yr.
  • from within the body (0.4 mSv). Most of this comes from potassium-40. About 0.02% of the potassium in nature is in the form of the radioactive isotope 40K. Living tissue cannot discriminate between radioactive and nonradioactive versions, so the same 0.02% of the total potassium in the body (about 1.7 g in a 70-kg person) is radioactive.
Code: [Select]
http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/R/Radiation.html

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline larsonstdoc

http://www.prisonplanet.com/fukushima-radiation-release-rivals-chernobyl.html

This article kind of throws out the .002% of Chernobyl story out the window.

Fukushima Radiation Release Rivals Chernobyl

Despite media spin downplaying severity of crisis, Fukushima is likely to be a worse catastrophe than 1986 disaster
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Thursday, March 24, 2011
The radiation released by the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant already rivals and in one sense exceeds the Chernobyl catastrophe according to Austria’s Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics, even as media spin downplays the severity of the crisis despite the fact that the problems at the plant show no signs of abating.

“The release of two types of radioactive particles in the first 3-4 days of Japan’s nuclear crisis is estimated to have reached 20-50 percent of the amounts from Chernobyl in 10 days, an Austrian expert said on Wednesday,” reports Reuters.
Iodine-131 released in the first 3-4 days of the crisis was about 20 percent of that released from Chernobyl during a ten-day period, whereas the amount of Caesium-137 released amounted to about 50 percent, according to the institute’s Dr Gerhard Wotawa.
Despite the fact that the story appears under the euphemistic Reuters headline, Japan radiation release lower than Chernobyl, as Tyler Durden points out, when you consider the fact that the amount of Caesium-137 released at Fukushima in the first 3-4 days of the crisis amounted to 50% that released by Chernobyl over 10 days, the real run rate of the radiation released at Fukushima is now about 120-150% the figure released by the Chernobyl explosion – and that’s not even factoring in ongoing radiation leaks from Fukushima, which many experts have estimated could go on for much longer.
As the New York Times reported, “Experts….suggest that radioactive releases of steam from the crippled plants could go on for weeks or even months.” Even if Fukushima technicians manage to stop radiation leakage after one month, estimated Caesium-137 emissions would be at least 500 percent more than those released by Chernobyl, whereas iodine-131 levels could be 200 percent worse.
A further complication is the fact that we don’t even know how much if any plutonium emissions have leaked from Fukushima reactor number 3, which runs on MOX or Mixed Oxide fuel, a mixture of plutonium and uranium. Plutonium is the most deadly radioactive isotope known to man, and MOX is two million times more deadly than normal enriched uranium. The Half-life of Plutonium-239 in MOX is 24,000 years and just a few milligrams of P-239 escaping in a smoke plume will contaminate soil for tens of thousands of years.
In the case of Chernobyl, the vast majority of the plutonium was not released during the explosion and subsequent fire. Japanese authorities and the establishment media seem reticent to even discuss the potential release of plutonium from reactor number 3 at Fukushima.

Offline grapecrusher1

This article kind of throws out the .002% of Chernobyl story out the window.

One more title that should have been modified long ago about a subject that is shaping up to be the disaster of the century.
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline kerrymti

• The truth will set us free..and..open their eyes.
bump.

Offline Georgiacopguy

One more title that should have been modified long ago about a subject that is shaping up to be the disaster of the century.

The deniers would have to admit they were off a little... But they are too busy saying it's a false flag via stuxnet. They seem to think that the existence of the event, coupled with the existence of stuxnet, plus its previous use against Iran, that that somehow equates to it being used this time around against Japan. They are like a kid with a brand new toy..."Ooh ooh, look, I have a brand spanking new theory, let me throw it at everything."
The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline Seroquel XR

The deniers would have to admit they were off a little... But they are too busy saying it's a false flag via stuxnet. They seem to think that the existence of the event, coupled with the existence of stuxnet, plus its previous use against Iran, that that somehow equates to it being used this time around against Japan. They are like a kid with a brand new toy..."Ooh ooh, look, I have a brand spanking new theory, let me throw it at everything."
+1
“Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.”-R. D. Laing
Making a Killing:The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging.

Offline grapecrusher1

Haha

Actually I am not totally dismissive of that theory, how this unfolded (ing) is uncanny and I recall reading right at its outset, in a number of articles, "that the backup systems were not working for reasons unknown, inexplicably malfunctioning, despite seemingly being undamaged by quakes or water, etc."

But to be positively certain that the radiation issue is some joke -- I dont get.  Perhaps someone would enlighten us OR just retitle threads appropriately, especially ones loaded with relevant links so people interested can source them more easily in a sprawling forum that is difficult to navigate by its nature.

Like this thread:  http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203343.400#lastPost

Offline Seroquel XR

Seems some people already have their minds made up before we get all the info.
It causes them to only focus on one aspect instead of looking at the whole picture.
They seriously can't say they know for a fact it was a false flag HAARP, stuxnet attack.
It's a theory.
“Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.”-R. D. Laing
Making a Killing:The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging.

Offline grapecrusher1

Seems some people already have their minds made up before we get all the info.
It causes them to only focus on one aspect instead of looking at the whole picture.
They seriously can't say they know for a fact it was a false flag HAARP, stuxnet attack.
It's a theory.

And when theoretical numbers like 0.00002% become OBVIOUSLY WRONG it is time to modify the title that more suitably applies to the reality.

As things develop those theories may or may not become validated but as it stands the radiation issue is REAL.  As it is should now be clearly understood that this is a significant issue, threads related to it should likewise be appropriately titled.

There are radiation levels 1600 X more than normal 40 km away from Fukushima.  Speculative?  NO

I have read many times titlemaker/changers say they can be wrong.  This is one of those times.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page

Some interesting maps...

Maps of radionuclide deposition

Download detailed maps from the UNSCEAR 2000 report

* Surface ground deposition of caesium-137 on the territories of Belarus, Russian and Ukraine ( 1.1 MBytes)
    * Surface ground deposition of caesium-137 in Europe ( 2.2 MBytes)

http://www.unscear.org/unscear/en/chernobylmaps.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Georgiacopguy

Haha

Actually I am not totally dismissive of that theory, how this unfolded (ing) is uncanny and I recall reading right at its outset, in a number of articles, "that the backup systems were not working for reasons unknown, inexplicably malfunctioning, despite seemingly being undamaged by quakes or water, etc."

But to be positively certain that the radiation issue is some joke -- I don't get.  Perhaps someone would enlighten us OR just retitle threads appropriately, especially ones loaded with relevant links so people interested can source them more easily in a sprawling forum that is difficult to navigate by its nature.

Like this thread:  http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203343.400#lastPost

Nor am I totally dismissive of it. I use to poo poo the idea that HAARP could cause an earthquake, of late, I'm on the fence, still not sure, but I'm more open minded towards the idea than I used to be admittedly. And its not like I do not believe that stuxnet exists. We know it was used in Iran. The problem I have in this case, is a lack of evidence. Like I said earlier, a reactor fails, after an earthquake combination tsunami, and they just equate the failure to stuxnet, despite agent blue screen posting repeatedly how those systems work, and how stuxnet could not influence the systems that failed and more importantly, stuxnet could not have affected the backup systems. Taking a series of coincidences, and labeling it is reckless in my opinion. If they were billing it as their opinions, great, super, but they keep billing it as fact. Then they say things like, "Well they probably did it because of this, or they did it because of that." If they have to postulate the motive, then they really do not have enough evidence to say with any certainty that it was a conspiracy.

In my case, the court is still out if that earthquake was HAARP or not. But I have no doubt about the reactor at this point, because nothing substantial has been brought forward which clearly indicates stuxie was involved. I've seen this thread retitled twice, once when the threat to Japan diminished in an exaggerated fashion, and then later when they diminished the exaggeration, but would not yield to the facts that Japan is in dire radioactive straits. I guess they just don't like asian people...See, I can make up facts too.

Offline Freeski

It's amazing that whether or not HAARP or Stuxnet did Japan is actually less critical than the radiation "risk" itself, which could be nothing or everything. You even have to ask yourself if such radiation is dangerous, or if it's just another boogeyman? Toss in wall-to-wall propaganda and Bob's your uncle.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Flur

And can we stop calling EVERYTHING a "false flag"..?  This isn't a false flag (even if stuxnet, etc) was involved as it's not being used to blame something on a different country to gather support for military action.  I'm so tired of every.single.thing being termed "false flag"
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  - 1 John 2:15

Xill

And can we stop calling EVERYTHING a "false flag"..?  This isn't a false flag (even if stuxnet, etc) was involved as it's not being used to blame something on a different country to gather support for military action.  I'm so tired of every.single.thing being termed "false flag"

That's the exact reason why I stop coming here a few months ago. I guess it brings a "childish touch" to the website with terms being used regardless of their meanings.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

If it was Stuxnet, it is the biggest false flag in the history of the world. the ability to cause nuclear meltdowns in hundreds of plants around the world. A false flag does not have to blame a country...the goal is to blame something other than the one that caused it (preferably for political/economic gain). A false flag could blame global warming as the BP oil spill and the canadian blackout did. It could blame incompetence, lack of regulation, capitalism, greed, etc. Anything to shift blame form the ones who caused it for the purpose of gaining political/economic power or to pass any type of anti-constitutional legislation like the carbon tax.

Offline feeditup

i don't know how people cant say it wasn't a harrp type set up . There is allot of information showing it was . i wouldn't say it was a false flag but it was a f**king set up man
Facebook is the Barn of the sheep, time to break in, Tare some f**king wool up

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
Disclaimer: take all these measurements as relative cause some covering up is going on especially with Unit 3

Regarding the result of analyzing the samples from the seawater around Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Station of Tokyo Electric Power Co.
http://www.nisa.meti.go.jp/english/files/en20110322-2-3.pdf

Among those nuclides detected, Iodine-131, Cesium-134 and Cesium-137 exceeded “the concentration criteria in the liquid effluents outside the surrounding area given by the notification of radiation dose.”

Major radioactive nuclides detected/ Concentration of radioactive nuclide (Bq/cm3)/ Allowable concentration of radioactive nuclide in the liquid effluents (Bq/cm3)

Cobalt-58 6.0 x 10-2 1.0 x 100
Iodine-131 5.1 x 100 4.0 x 10-2
Iodine-132 2.1 x 100 3.0 x 100
Cesium-134 1.5 x 100 6.0 x 10-2
Cesium-136 2.1 x 10-1 3.0 x 10-1
Cesium-137 1.5 x 100 9.0 x 10-2

Radiation at Fukishima - Dai-ichi March 24-25, 2011
http://www.nisa.meti.go.jp/english/files/en20110325-2-4.pdf

Puddle in underground of turbine building Unit 3
http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/press/corp-com/release/11032503-e.html

Regarding the result of concentration measurement in the stagnant water on the basement floor of the turbine building of Unit 1 of Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Station
Regarding the issue above, as the result of concentration measurement of each radioactive nuclide was reported from Tokyo Electric Power Company, it is informed as attached
http://www.nisa.meti.go.jp/english/files/en20110325-6.pdf

Radioactive Nuclide/ Concentration (Bq/cm3)

Cl-38 1.6×106

As-74 3.9×102

Y-91 5.2×104

I-131 2.1×105

Cs-134 1.6×105

Cs136 1.7×104

Cs-137 1.8×106

La-140 3.4×102

Bogus Water levels for Unit 3!

Unit 3 - 25 March, 2011
http://www.nisa.meti.go.jp/english/files/en20110325-5-3.pdf
Fuel range A:-1,900mm
Fuel range B:-2,300mm
(As of 16:10 March 25th)

FEPC Information Sheet for Fukushima Daiichi on March 16 2011
16 March 2011
, by Rod Adams (Atomic Insights)
http://atomicinsights.blogspot.com/2011/03/fepc-information-sheet-for-fukushima.html

Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 reactor: At 9:55AM on March 16, The water level inside the reactor core was measured at 1.9 meters below the top of the fuel rods.
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

charrington

According to an international scientific group monitoring radiation around the world, the Fukushima reactors are emitting nuclear toxins at levels approaching those seen in the "aftermath" of Chernobyl. The Chernobyl disaster began with an explosion, Fukushima is a smoldering cauldron of toxins. Chernobyl had 180 tonnes of nuclear fuel on site. Fukushima has 1700 tonnes of nuclear fuel on site. (Image)

This isn't the beginning of the end as hoped. It's looking like the end of the beginning.

CounterPunch ran an interview wit Japanese nuclear industry author Hiroshe Takashi just yesterday in which the author lamented the poor reporting of the tragedy in the Japanese press:
    "Really, they talk this nonsense, trying to reassure everyone, trying to avoid panic. What we need now is a proper panic. Because the situation has come to the point where the danger is real." Hiroshe Takashi, March 22
Just two days later, the "proper panic" is on its way.

The Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics of Vienna, Austria has a world wide monitoring system set up to monitor the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty. They are well positioned to monitor the effects of the Fukishima disaster.

The group told New Scientist that:

Japan's damaged nuclear plant in Fukushima has been emitting radioactive iodine and caesium at levels approaching those seen in the aftermath of the Chernobyl accident in 1986. Austrian researchers have used a worldwide network of radiation detectors – designed to spot clandestine nuclear bomb tests – to show that iodine-131 is being released at daily levels 73 per cent of those seen after the 1986 disaster. The daily amount of caesium-137 released from Fukushima Daiichi is around 60 per cent of the amount released from Chernobyl. New Scientist, March 24

The concerns about spent fuel rods and cooling polls in the reactor have materialized. The Chernobyl event was more discrete and identifiable with a major explosion but damaged reactors at Fukushima are toxic nonetheless. The Austrian scientists point out that Chernobyl had 180 tons of nuclear on hand while Fukushima has nearly ten times that amount at 1700 tons.

"When the fuel is damaged there is no reason for the volatile elements not to escape," and the measured caesium and iodine are in the right ratios for the fuel used by the Fukushima Daiichi reactors. Also, the Fukushima plant has around 1760 tonnes of fresh and used nuclear fuel on site, and an unknown amount has been damaged. The Chernobyl reactor had only 180 tonnes. New Scientist, March 24

In his interview on the 22nd, Takashi was blunt about the health risks. He distinguished between radiation in the atomsphere and radioactive particles carried in the atmosphere, then ingested into the body.

Yoh: So making comparisons with X-rays and CT scans has no meaning. Because you can breathe in radioactive material.

Hirose: That’s right. When it enters your body, there’s no telling where it will go. The biggest danger is women, especially pregnant women, and little children. Now they’re talking about iodine and cesium, but that’s only part of it, they’re not using the proper detection instruments. What they call monitoring means only measuring the amount of radiation in the air. Their instruments don’t eat. What they measure has no connection with the amount of radioactive material. . . .

Yoh: So damage from radioactive rays and damage from radioactive material are not the same.

Hirose: If you ask, are any radioactive rays from the Fukushima Nuclear Station here in this studio, the answer will be no. But radioactive particles are carried here by the air. When the core begins to melt down, elements inside like iodine turn to gas. It rises to the top, so if there is any crevice it escapes outside. Hiroshe Takashi, CounterPunch, March 22

The Austrian Institute scientists also pointed out that the spread of radioactive isotopes from Chernobyl are still causing thyroid cancer today:

While in the body the isotopes' radioactive emissions can do significant damage, mainly to DNA. Children who ingest iodine-131 can develop thyroid cancer 10 or more years later; adults seem relatively resistant. A study published in the US last week found that iodine-131 from Chernobyl is still causing new cases of thyroid cancer to appear at an undiminished rate in the most heavily affected regions of Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. New Scientist, March 24

National Public Radio (NPR) did an interview with Green anti nuclear activist Aileen Mioko Smith yesterday that brought out the immediate concerns of the Japanese public

Smith pointed out that the Japanese government's evacuation zone was far from optimal and exposed women and children, in particular, to serious dangers:

Yesterday, the Japanese government admitted that 30 kilometers outside—this is not an evacuated zone—a person could have been exposed to as much as 100 millisieverts of radiation. That would be twice the amount of the evacuation threshold established by the International Atomic Energy Agency and the World Health Organization. And yet, the Japanese government refuses to evacuate people from beyond a 20-kilometer—that’s a 12-mile—area. And just an hour ago, up to 23 Diet members of the Japanese national parliament have issued a statement saying that immediate evacuation, drastically increasing the area outside of that 30-kilometer zone right now, should happen. And immediately, at the very beginning, pregnant women and preschool-aged children should be evacuated from this area that still hasn’t been evacuated. It’s about a 20-mile area right now. Aileen Mioko Smith, March 24

The radioactive contamination has been found in 11 foods in the fertile prefectures surrounding Fukushima. The more immediate area is showing alarming levels of soil contamination.

And the soil contamination is really high. Soil found 40 kilometers away—now, remember, it’s still 30 kilometers indoors, stay indoors; 20 kilometers, evacuation. So, beyond that area, for example, north-northwest in Imatate, the levels on the soil were very high—in fact, a thousand times iodine, 4,000 times the cesium standard. And we just got a report from the Kyoto Research Reactor Institute, Dr. Tetsuji Imanaka, that said that—he had to look a little bit more into the sampling of the Japanese government, but depending on how the sampling was done, this level of contamination in the soil could be twice the amount that was compulsory evacuation for Chernobyl. Aileen Mioko Smith, March 24

After discussing what she called the "travesty" of Japanese earthquake standards for nuclear facilities, Smith provided a clue to what people in nation's across the world will face from the nuclear industry PR machine:

I think that, you know, the Japanese public is very concerned about radiation, of course, because they know what happened—you know, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the latent effects—and so, there was a concern. But the PR, the ability of the utilities, like Tokyo Electric, putting on full-page ads in the papers and on TV all the time, all the time, about how nuclear was safe and how it was necessary, that I think the Japanese public, a lot of them, felt that—well, one is, it was a necessary evil in a country that didn’t have energy, its own energy source, or that Japanese nuclear power must be safe. But that really wasn’t the case. Aileen Mioko Smith, March 24

There will be much more information available as events unfold and a wider public begins to ask the hard questions about their safety and that of their children and the causes of this emerging tragedy.
END
This article may be reproduced entirely or in part with attribution of authorship and a link to this article.
themoneyparty.org RSS
MORE

http://warisacrime.org/content/they-said-it-wasnt-chernobyl-and-they-were-wrong

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
This is starting to look more and more like the BP oil rig. There was little oil in comparison to the media fearmongerers but there was over 5 million gallons of COREXIT poison dumped into the gulf to exterminate all of the fisheries and water systems. The goal seems to be to use false flags and media hypes to cover for actual environmental crimes like dumping COREXIT or nuclear waste into the oceans. As far as the radiation numbers...they could be fake (likely many are - they go up, down, up, down - just like during the BP oil spill...they kept saying "10% contained", 20% contained", etc.) and they could also be covering up actual radiation issues caused by cell phone systems, medical diagnostic testing, naked body scanners, DHS radiation vans, DU, not properly disposed of nuclear waste, HAARP, chemtrails, etc

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Helicopter Footage from March 27th 2011 http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ac_1301263689

Drive through the tsunami-wrecked town of Onagawa http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b73_1301253905

charrington

TOKYO, March 28, Kyodo

The government believes highly radioactive water detected at the No. 2 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is due to a partial meltdown of fuel rods there, its top spokesman said Monday.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told a news conference that the government believes that the meltdown was only temporary.

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/81431.html

carlee

you can move this later to off topic but I thought it was kinda strange this was posted on ats The movie "Knowing" predicts Japan Nuclear Disaster (on top of Gulf Oil Spill)   http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread680912/pg1   " Clock strikes midnight: It says Japan on the clock

Nicholas Cage: says "81" (81 is the area CODE for Japan) "

Reporter: "Problem with the Cooling System."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PAJPAtmywY&feature=player_embedded
 " Interesting that the numbers after the 81 are 424 as the epicenter for the quake was 142.4 degrees East longitude. But with that many numbers thrown together there are certain to be several coincidences" this was page 5

Offline themandylion

Fukushima Radiation Release Rivals Chernobyl

I dare to say that this will make Chernobyl look like a picnic when the full facts come out.

The number of fatalities at Fukushima is unknown, because that information is being suppressed.  The Daily Mail had reported about a week ago that there were five dead as of that time, and several injured from radiation.  We may not see a dramatic increase in fatalities until the burial of the plant, with the consequent extreme exposure to workers, occurs.

Offline themandylion

you can move this later to off topic but I thought it was kinda strange this was posted on ats The movie "Knowing" predicts Japan Nuclear Disaster (on top of Gulf Oil Spill)   http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread680912/pg1   " Clock strikes midnight: It says Japan on the clock

Nicholas Cage: says "81" (81 is the area CODE for Japan) "

Reporter: "Problem with the Cooling System." 

Wow, just wow!

Hidden in plain sight.  A requirement for the Satanic occultists.  They tell us if everything if we pay very close attention.

Offline Wicked Jester

• It's ashame that stupidity isn't painful
    • WatchDog Media
This is starting to look more and more like the BP oil rig. There was little oil in comparison to the media fearmongerers
???

Offline Cywar

The Radiation Network is showing 146 to 116 in Alabama ???

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline agentbluescreen

TOKYO, March 28, Kyodo

The government believes highly radioactive water detected at the No. 2 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is due to a partial meltdown of fuel rods there, its top spokesman said Monday.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told a news conference that the government believes that the meltdown was only temporary.

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/81431.html

Temporary? Until what? LOL

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
Article: “Water in an underground trench outside the No. 2 reactor had levels exceeding 1 sievert an hour”

From: Hazardous Radiation Detected Outside Damaged Japanese Reactor 28 March 2011 (Bloomberg)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-28/hazardous-radiation-levels-stall-efforts-to-cool-reactors-prevent-leaks.html

1 Sv/ Hour= 1000 mSv/Hour = 1,000,000 μSv/Hour!!!

Upper limit of radiation dose permitted for radiation workers, police , and firefighters who engage in disaster prevention:

100,000μSv (=100 mSv) over 5 YEARS with a maximum of 50,000 μSv/YEAR (=50 mSv/y).

Upper limit of radiation dose permitted for people who engage in emergency work: 250,000 μSv/YEAR (=250 mSv/y).
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-