Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say

Author Topic: Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say  (Read 9559 times)

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say
« on: February 20, 2011, 06:28:44 pm »

WASHINGTON (AFP) A growing, more affluent population competing for ever scarcer resources could make for an "unrecognizable" world by 2050, researchers warned at a major US science conference Sunday.
The United Nations has predicted the global population will reach seven billion this year, and climb to nine billion by 2050, "with almost all of the growth occurring in poor countries, particularly Africa and South Asia," said John Bongaarts of the non-profit Population Council.
To feed all those mouths, "we will need to produce as much food in the next 40 years as we have in the last 8,000," said Jason Clay of the World Wildlife Fund at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
"By 2050 we will not have a planet left that is recognizable" if current trends continue, Clay said.
The swelling population will exacerbate problems, such as resource depletion, said John Casterline, director of the Initiative in Population Research at Ohio State University.

(more http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110220/ts_afp/scienceuspopulationfood )

Offline agentbluescreen

Re: Planet could be 'unrecognizable' by 2050, experts say
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:38:51 pm »
Without immediate worldwide mature adult nuclear disarmament it could easily, very well, much more likely look "unrecognizable"  ten minutes from now.

C'mon childish idiots, remove the certain threats, expenses and dangers you can change, before you start worrying about pie-in-the-sky far off "maybe-c^ap" you can't!!

Offline g1rlg0ne

• Charly
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:54:06 pm »
They really just killed it with this one. I mean, FEAR of over population, FEAR of global warming, FEAR of not having enough food, FEAR of running out of resources...my goodness, they even fear more money! Though it is true, as we've all learned: mo' money, mo' problems.

Offline kerrymti

• The truth will set us free..and..open their eyes.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 01:09:25 pm »
I know...make it more profitable for families to have more children...give them increasingly more benefits per child...that will make them have fewer children and help with population...being sarcastic here.  If we stopped these kinds of 'benefits', the lower income families (here in the US and maybe Brittan) AND the illegals, will stop having so many children and/or coming to the US to have them!  In their own countries, they don't get benefits for having children, they actually have to work to feed them, therefore, they don't have as many. 

BUT, overpopulation is debatable from what I have read...now food shortages is another story...

Offline preparation88

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:57:48 am »
What would you have the Scandinavians do regarding family benefits?
Are they a failing society?  Do you see them dying as a civilization?

I know...make it more profitable for families to have more children...give them increasingly more benefits per child...that will make them have fewer children and help with population...being sarcastic here.  If we stopped these kinds of 'benefits', the lower income families (here in the US and maybe Brittan) AND the illegals, will stop having so many children and/or coming to the US to have them!  In their own countries, they don't get benefits for having children, they actually have to work to feed them, therefore, they don't have as many. 

BUT, overpopulation is debatable from what I have read...now food shortages is another story...

Offline Rebelitarian

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:31:00 pm »
More BS Globalist news just like the whole world without people series on TV.

TOTAL GLOBALIST PROPOGANDA !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline theoph

• Secret History of the International Court
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 02:03:50 am »
Nobody here believes overpopulation is a problem. When the "elites" see this forum, they'll freak out, and shout, "That's why whenever we have a plan to save (or develop) the planet, we have to disguise it and tell people we are trying to do something else. For ordinary people just can't understand that we even have a problem."

I have no idea if our planet can support 7 billion people when the oil runs out. Maybe, maybe not. I just see that it's inevitable that the elites will look at ordinary people who couldn't be convinced of their numbers and calculations (which of course will be tied up with their own profits at the same time) as their enemies as well as their children.

Offline Patrick Jordan

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 04:13:34 am »
Page 137 of Joe Spenner's 1992 epic: Rockefeller Regionalism, the Shadow Behind Oregon's LCDC:  "Oregon, a rather small state by comparison to others in the United States, has a total of 95,607 square miles inside its borders.   The world has approximately 4,000,000,000 (four billion) inhabitants.  If the entire population of the world moved to Oregon, all four billion, and left the remainder of the world completely devoid of human life, a family of four would have a piece of Oregon approximately 50' by 53'.  This is about half the size of a typical residential lot in a subdivision."

I read that once in 2006 and never paid attention to any BS on overpopulation again.

Although I admire James Burke's work his predictive programming called After The Warming hammered the topic of the world needing to massively change by 2050.  That was repeated throughout the series.  I'm surprised this cesspool has made it this long, but it seems that they are working on their Long Game.

Offline insanegarciaboy

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 12:08:10 am »
Maybe if we planted something other than corn in the midwest, we wouldn't have a food shortage.

Offline Patrick Jordan

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:05 am »
Ah, but we do, my friend.

As the Blues Brothers might say: We have corn AND beans!

If they could turn the cellulosic biomass, that is all that GMO corn is, into waffled girders then it would solve the housing crisis as well.