PrisonPlanet Forum
July 26, 2014, 05:10:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >>Excluding RP 1/6,FOX loses>$3Bil/State GOP withdraws as FOX debate partner<<  (Read 50946 times)
bigron

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012

« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2008, 03:30:21 AM »

TV networks winnowing field for debates

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071231/ap_en_tv/tv_debate_limits_1

ABC and Fox News Channel are narrowing the field of presidential candidates invited to debates this weekend just before the New Hampshire primary, in Fox's case infuriating supporters of Republican Ron Paul.

The roster of participants for ABC's back-to-back, prime-time Republican and Democratic debates Saturday in New Hampshire will be determined after results of Thursday's Iowa caucus become clear.

Fox, meanwhile, has invited five GOP candidates to a forum with Chris Wallace scheduled for its mobile studio in New Hampshire on Sunday. Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson received invites, leaving Paul and Duncan Hunter on the sidelines.

The network said it had limited space in its studio — a souped-up bus — and that it invited candidates who had received double-digit support in recent polls.

In a nationwide poll conducted Dec. 14-20 by The Associated Press and Yahoo, Thompson had the support of 11 percent of GOP voters and Paul was at 3 percent.

Paul was tied with Thompson for fifth in New Hampshire in the most recent Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll, each with the support of 4 percent of likely voters. Among all New Hampshire voters, Paul led Thompson 6 percent to 4 percent, but that was within the poll's margin of error.

Jesse Benton, Paul's spokesman, said it was a "big mistake" not to include his candidate, especially given Paul's recent success in fundraising. He said the campaign has been trying to reach Fox News to explain the decision, but its calls had not been returned.

"There very well might be some bias," Benton said. "Ron brings up some topics that aren't very popular with Fox News, as in fiscal responsibility and withdrawing from the war in Iraq ... that does leave us scratching our heads a little bit about whether it was deliberate. Based on metrics, I don't see how you can possibly exclude Dr. Paul."

Some livid Paul supporters are distributing e-mails calling for a boycott of Fox advertisers.

A Fox representative did not immediately return calls for comment about the complaints.

Paul has been invited to a GOP forum that Fox News is sponsoring in Myrtle Beach, S.C., on Jan. 10, Benton said.

To participate in ABC's Saturday night debate, Republican and Democratic candidates must meet at least one of three benchmarks: place first through fourth in Iowa, poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four major New Hampshire surveys, or poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four major national surveys.

ABC News anchor Charles Gibson said the criteria were actually quite inclusive. He defended the network taking the initiative in effectively narrowing the field at a point when no actual voters had cast a ballot, except for Iowa caucusgoers.

"You will have had a year's politicking," he said. "You will have had, I think by count, about 641 debates. You will have had national polls and state polls and one state's vote. I think that's pretty indicative."

Gibson said ABC explained the rules for participation in a conference call with all the campaigns and "nobody said, `How dare you!'"

Gibson is moderating both debates, each 90 minutes long, with a brief intermission between the two.

Wintermute

« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2008, 04:23:31 AM »

So Fox is saying that democracy takes a backseat to... a backseat?
How about they try something radical instead of a bus like maybe... a room.   Rooms are often quite large - while Ron Paul is economically proportioned - a perfect fit for many rooms.   

independentWV
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2008, 08:00:43 AM »

Lots of transactions on NWS stock down closed at $21.25 on 12/31/07 now $21.08-$21.17 in the early hours hope it tanks to all time low lets say $1.00. Low for year is $19.68 believe that will change.
independentWV
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »

Dr. Paul 4 page article front page Christian Science Monitor
http://www.csmonitor.com/
bigron

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012

« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2008, 09:38:04 AM »

from the January 02, 2008 edition - http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0102/p01s08-uspo.html

Ron Paul: an absolute faith in free markets and less government
The 10-term congressman from Texas has been a strict constitutionalist since he came into public life some 30 years ago.

By Gail Russell Chaddock | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

Berlin, N.H.
Ron Paul still looks surprised when his calls to follow the Constitution and restore a sound currency set off whoops of approval at a campaign stop.

The 10-term GOP congressman from Texas has been making these points for 30 years, with little to show for it beyond hundreds of House votes on the short end of 434 to 1. Critics called him a crank.

But lately, his views and values – the product of a lifetime of intense, self-directed study – are finding an audience. His message is basic: freedom and limited government. Repeal the welfare-warfare state. Get out of Iraq, now. Abolish the income tax. End the war on drugs. Put the dollar back on a more solid footing.

"Unlike some others, I wasn't really anxious to run for president," he tells supporters at Tea Bird's Café and Bistro in Berlin, N.H. "I didn't believe the country was ready for a strict constitutionalist."

When he says "strict," he means it. As a member of Congress, he refuses to vote for any bill not explicitly set out in the Constitution, earning him the nickname "Dr. No." He routinely votes against new taxes, deficit budgets, government surveillance, gun control, war funding, and the war on drugs. He would abolish the Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Reserve, the US Departments of Education, Energy, and Commerce as well as other "unconstitutional domestic bureaucracies." He has called for America to withdraw from the World Trade Organization and the United Nations.

At the heart of Paul's worldview is a conviction that people are born free and should govern themselves – and that free markets make better decisions than governments do.

"Some people think I don't love governing, but it's different," he says in a Monitor interview. "I believe in self-governing and family governing. The responsibility is put more on the individual than on some huge monstrosity in Washington."

Family Roots

Paul traces his values of personal responsibility and self-reliance to his early family life. His father, Howard, the son of a German immigrant, ran a family dairy business in Green Tree, Pa., near Pittsburgh, where he pasteurized and bottled milk. The third of five sons, Paul learned responsibility and the work ethic at age 5 in the family basement. There, milk bottles were washed by hand, and he and his brothers earned a penny for every dirty bottle they spotted coming down a conveyer belt.

"We learned the incentive system," he says. The boys soon figured out that one of their uncles was a worse bottle washer than the other. "We liked to work for that one uncle, because we got more pennies," he says.

The five boys shared a small bedroom in a four-room house. From spring through fall, they slept outside in a small, screened porch. His grandmother and two uncles lived in the same family compound. His father hoped that all five sons would become Lutheran ministers; two of them did. "Confirmation was a big event in my family; birthdays weren't a big event," Paul says. His mother, Margaret, urged her sons to read and get an education.

"I would say that probably from the cradle, their ethic was work and church. That was it," says Carol Paul, the candidate's wife of 50 years. "They weren't a family that played a lot. Everything was serious."

The family lived two miles from the local high school. Although there was a bus to school, Paul preferred to run. He won the state championship in the 220-yard dash and ranked No. 2 in the 440-yard run in Pennsylvania. "He knew he was obligated to do with his God-given body the best he could," says Mrs. Paul. They met in high school at a track meet and married in his last year at Gettysburg College in Gettysburg, Pa., where he studied biology.

Paul says he briefly considered becoming a Lutheran minister, but opted instead for medicine. He graduated from Duke University Medical School in Durham, N.C., in 1961, and was just starting a residency in internal medicine when he was drafted into the US Air Force. From 1963 to 1965, he served as a flight surgeon, then moved to Texas to practice obstetrics. As an OB/GYN, he has delivered more than 4,000 babies.

Paul doesn't often talk about religion, at least not in the context of a political campaign. There's a reason the Gospels teach praying in secret, he says. Over the years, he has attended an Episcopal church, which "became more liberal than we were comfortable with," as well as an evangelical church. He currently attends Baptist services.

Austrian economics

The most decisive intellectual influence in Paul's life was his discovery, while in medical school, of a passion for economics. It started with two vast novels: Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" and Boris Pasternak's "Dr. Zhivago," a gift from his mother. Both books make a case for the threat that big government bureaucracies pose to creativity and liberty.

Later, he read his way into Austrian economics – the counterweight to Keynesian economic ideas that informed the New Deal. He read Friedrich Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom" – a book that influenced a generation of American conservatives – and especially Ludwig von Mises, a libertarian who extended the influence of the Austrian school of economics in the United States.

For the Austrian school, government intervention in free markets isn't a formula for long-term economic growth. Mises warned that over time it would cripple free markets and lead to state control. Free markets are always superior to a centrally planned economy, he wrote. Mises also advocated a non-inflationary gold standard – an idea that Paul has made his own in his 2007 book "The Case for Gold" and a forthcoming book "Pillars of Prosperity: Free Markets, Honest Money, Private Property."

In 1971, Paul and another local doctor closed their practices for a day and drove 60 miles to the University of Houston to hear Mises give one of his last lectures in the United States.

"I just thought it was fascinating. It made common sense – the sort of thing I would have concluded on my own, but the Austrian economists were a lot smarter," Paul says. He made friends with American economists such as Murray Rothbard, a student of Mises, and often visited Milton Friedman while continuing his own study of economics and world markets.

"He's been a very serious student of economics since medical school, and has read a huge amount of history – constitutional history and monetary history. His philosophical and economic views drive him and everything he does," says Llewellyn Rockwell, a former congressional chief of staff for Paul. Mr. Rockwell is president of the Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Ala., and maintains the popular website, lewrockwell.com.

As a physician, Paul says he came to resent government intervention in his practice. In his years as an OB/GYN, he didn't accept Medicare and Medicaid payments because he felt they represented unconstitutional government overreach. Sometimes, he'd treat patients for free.

"I found that government was interfering with my judgment as a doctor, disrupting the doctor/patient relationship, and making prices go up," he says.

But what drove him into public life was President Richard Nixon's decision in 1971 to break the last link between gold and US currency and impose wage and price controls. "I decided to speak out," he says.

A nation that spends, borrows, and prints too much money inevitably pays a price, he says. Unrestrained by a link to gold, the Federal Reserve can create too much credit, fueling housing and stock bubbles. The result: The dollar continues to goes down in value, the nation becomes ever more dependent on borrowing money abroad, and young people pay the price. A return to the gold standard restrains the government and restores the value of the dollar.

"My influence, such as it is, comes only by educating others about the rightness of the free market," he wrote in a 1984 essay, "Mises and Austrian Economics: A Personal View."

In Congress, Paul often speaks of his own record of consistency in voting against big government and refusing the perks it offers. He says he will not accept a government pension and did not seek government loans to help finance college for his five children. Paul, a longtime Ronald Reagan supporter, even voted against awarding the former president a Congressional Gold Medal in 2000, saying that taxpayers shouldn't be charged the $30,000 to mint the coin.

But critics note inconsistencies in Paul's long public record. For example, while Paul crusades against big government and voted against government funds for victims of hurricane Katrina, he has requested and won billions in special projects for his congressional district, which includes Galveston, Texas.

"I put it in because I represent people who are asking for some of their money back…. And if Congress has the responsibility to spend the money, why leave the money in the executive branch and let them spend the money?" he said on NBC's "Meet the Press" Dec. 23.

At a recent town meeting in Conway, N.H., one audience member said he supported most of Paul's positions, but wondered whether government wasn't needed after all in the cases of monster storms, such as hurricane Katrina. Paul cited the case of the 1900 hurricane in Galveston, which he said rebuilt significantly without help from Washington.

Some libertarian critics also complain that his opposition to abortion rights for women violates libertarian principles of choice. In an interview, Paul says that he came to his views on abortion in part from his experience delivering babies. "From the very beginning, I had a moral and legal obligation to take care of two people, the mother and the child, and if I did anything wrong, I realized that I could be sued for it," he said. "That had an impact on me."

He recalls witnessing an illegal abortion in his first year out of medical school that made an impression, too. "Once I became more firmly entrenched with libertarian beliefs, I realized that another life was involved, I saw this as a principle of nonaggression, which libertarians adhere to. The baby has a choice, too."

For some Washington-based libertarians, Paul's success on the campaign trail is puzzling. "Because Ron Paul is personally a very traditional man, a small town guy, his libertarianism is embedded in a lot more traditionalism that you find in many libertarians," who bristle at his stance on abortion, for example, says Brian Doherty, senior editor at Reason Magazine, the leading libertarian political and cultural journal. "But many financial analysts, who are disproportionate fans of the Paul campaign, say that in their world, the stuff that might strike a normal American as kooky, such as restoring the gold standard, does not strike them as kooky, especially given how the dollar's value is plummeting. There isn't a single other candidate out there talking about their world in an interesting way – or at all," he adds.

A surge of grass-roots support

When Paul first ran for president as the Libertarian Party candidate in 1988, he won 0.54 percent of the vote. In his second presidential bid, he's on track to do better.

While Paul still polls only in single digits nationally and in early primary states, his supporters have raised more than $19 million since October, including a record $6.2 million on one day, Dec. 16. This unofficial, grass-roots campaign is out-organizing all other campaigns over the Internet and recently launched a Ron Paul blimp.

"I'm not surprised that the views are popular, but I'm surprised to the extent that people have rallied and gotten spontaneously involved and done so much in fundraising and campaign events," Paul said in a Monitor interview.

Paul says his campaign is still working out what to do with the last quarter's surge of campaign contributions. "It's a real job figuring out what to do with it," he says. "We're going to budget it out. It just means it's a lot easier planning for super-Tuesday [on Feb. 5], when we have money in the bank."

In Iowa, the campaign has used new funds to quickly ramp up a ground operation. In New Hampshire, it launched new television and radio ads.

Some experts say polls may be undercounting Paul's support, because so many of his backers haven't voted in the past and use cellphones rather than the landlines, which pollsters use. That's why Paul "is likely to do better on election day than polls say he might," said Fergus Cullen, chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party in an interview for C-SPAN's "Newsmakers" on Sunday.

JTCoyoté
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »

Dr. Paul 4 page article front page Christian Science Monitor
http://www.csmonitor.com/

Thanks for this find WV...  Cool

--Oldyoti

"The Bush plan is economic treason against the American worker.
That “civil rights leaders” are silent about the dispossession of
the black working class, that unions are not marching to denounce
this sellout of blue-collar and white-collar America, only tells us
that the amorality of the transnational corporation has infected both.
Solidarity be damned, it is all about money now."

--State of Emergency- ~P.J. Buchanan

independentWV
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2008, 11:07:26 AM »

Glad to Find JT Coyote!

Buyup has failed today NWS moving down down down.

Also, supporters have setup Faux News protest site:
http://www.ronaldholland.com/protestfox.htm

Dig
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.

« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »

Ron Paul Cut from Debates
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/tag/RonPaul/
By David Knowles Jan 2nd 2008 8:14AM

With the primary election season finally (mercifully) about to begin, two networks have given Ron Paul supporters a legitimate issue over which to cry "media conspiracy!" The two conglomerates in question, FOX and ABC, have summarily decided to exclude some candidates from forthcoming debates. While Paul may or may not make the roster for Saturday's ABC debate, he's definitely not being invited to Fox's on Sunday. Though Paul continues to lead the big AOL straw poll, proving that his followers spend more time online than any of the other candidates', the more traditional telephone surveys have not shown him attaining double digit levels of approval. But is that the whole story?

Paul fans are particularly irate with Fox News, who seems to have pulled the plug on their man primarily because they don't agree with his ideas. How else to explain including Fred Thompson, the man who doesn't especially want to be president, at their January 6 round-table forum, while excluding Paul? While out-raising the entire GOP field in 4th-quarter fundraising with a total of over $19 million, Paul positively crushed Thompson, and "The Tennessee Stud's" poll numbers in Iowa and New Hampshire aren't exactly stellar.

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately
Zooamerica

« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2008, 11:23:33 AM »

What are we going to do about this?

I'd suggest following this bus on the road if it is mobile...honk our horns as much as possible, but do not break any laws!  If we can surround this bus with angry Ron Paul voters honking their horns we will disrupt the "forum," and get headlines...."Ron Paul Supporters Honk For Freedom"

If this bus is not mobile, they are sitting ducks.  I've never seen a bus without windows...we should get our signs ready so everybody watching will see us, or at least hear us.

Get your megaphone ready, we're taking Fox news to school! 
Dig

« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »

Market Cap lost another $1.6 Billion today!

Price when word first came out about censoring RP: $21.89   Market Cap: $65.97 Billion   
Price at the time of this post:                                $20.69   Market Cap: $62.36 Billion

Total cost for censoring Ron Paul: over $3.6 Billion

Murdoch owns 52%

Total cost to Murdoch for being a total prick: Almost $1.9 Billion and growing!

[Note: If anybody actually understands any of the crap I am totally winging here, feel free to chime in.]

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately
LIbertAS

System Failure

« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »

Egg the bus...
independentWV
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2008, 01:48:17 PM »

Fire Society Forum today posted Dr. Ron Paul's photo in place of Huckabee's  Smiley on front page and the question, IS Fox Going To Ban? Glad to see management address the injustice and side with Ron Paul supporters on this issue.

http://www.firesociety.com/
paladin

« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »

Isn't their a law somewhere preventing F%@!ng Faux news from trying to influence the outcome of an election by barring canidates from a debate. Especially the #1 fundraiser on the GOP.Fundraising was the all important news,it meant everything!!!Not now when the ONLY PATRIOTIC ,PRO-CONSTITUTION canidate RON PAUL leads ALL of the NEOCONS TRAITORS, and without the special interests groups filthy money.The media's DUTY is to report, not influence the outcome of debates & elections.FAUX news is TRAITOROUS, UNAMERICAN, & THE ENEMY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.The attorney General SHOULD be arresting & charging Faux news Executives with TREASON. I'M MAD AS HELL & I WANT JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!   WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY COUNTRY WHERE THESE SATANIC BASTARDSCAN GET AWAY THIS? Angry Angry Angry

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph"- THOMAS PAINE
Zooamerica

« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »

>>>>Egg the bus

This does seem a bit amateur, but I think it's still a good idea...and funny.

WE NEED TO GENERATE ALOT OF PRESS

We have to make our presence known and seen on television....

Egging may be "illegal," but I do not think it's a serious offense....only drawback is that those who do it might be arrested.

I think a MASSIVE PROTEST in front of the bus would serve us better.  Lots of signs, lots of megaphones, and lot of PEOPLE.

If they want to take this bus on the road, we should NOT block it - we should follow it and have people following the bus with signs.....

HONK FOR FREEDOM 08

Whatever happens, we need a plan and we need to get this plan implemented in order to make our voices heard.

FOX is going down.
Rock
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2008, 02:22:39 PM »

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/02/b-team-republicans-force-top-tier-candidates-to-pay-attention/

"The President of what?"

« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2008, 03:47:15 PM »

For those who can't read Chinese it says Fox News...
Climb aboard Republican hopefuls! Wink

"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37
superfender

« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »

at what time will Ron Paul be on CSPAN tonight?
industria

« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »

This is a preemptive rumor squashing post:

There is a rumor starting to build that ABC may UNinvite Ron Paul form their New Hampshire debate.

Dr Paul just stated on CNN's the Situation Room that he IS included in the ABC debate.

Stay tuned...

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - MLK

industria jewelry
on Etsy
on Trunkt
industria

« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »

at what time will Ron Paul be on CSPAN tonight?

INFO:
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=20402.0

Smiley

industria jewelry
on Etsy
on Trunkt
Dig

« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2008, 09:34:05 PM »

US Senator Sununu (R-NH) on Forum Exclusion in NH
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/19768
Posted January 2nd, 2008 by Jane Aitken in Fox Forum, GOP, R-NH, Senator John Sununu

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 1/2/08
SUNUNU STATEMENT ON UPCOMING NEW HAMPSHIRE PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY DEBATES

WASHINGTON, DC – United States Senator John Sununu (R-NH) today (1/2) issued the following statement regarding the organization of upcoming debates in New Hampshire prior to the January 8th Presidential Primary.

“Through the years, New Hampshire presidential primary debates have provided the opportunity for voters to hear from all the major candidates. Unfortunately, ABC and FOX are using unusual participation criteria to limit who will appear on debate stages this weekend. That may serve them well, but does little to serve the electorate. Our first in the nation presidential primary has historically given Democrats and Republicans a fair shot at a free and open debate – a tradition that should continue.”

EchelonMonitor

« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2008, 11:12:50 PM »

NWS fell 2.59% Wednesday after Fox excluded Ron Paul from their coming debate.

If you're a trader, short-sell NWS and hit 'em where it hurts.  You can feel good about the money you'll make.

Spread the word and let's see bigger declines for them in the coming days.
industria

« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2008, 11:28:59 PM »

Ron Paul O'Reilly 01/02/2008 FOX Nick Gillespie

Nick is from Reason Mag, and the segment is about Fox excluding Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCB6X8IxjE

industria jewelry
on Etsy
on Trunkt
Dig

« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2008, 11:31:08 PM »

Market Cap lost another $1.6 Billion today!

Price when word first came out about censoring RP: $21.89   Market Cap: $65.97 Billion   
Price at the time of this post:                                $20.69   Market Cap: $62.36 Billion

Total cost for censoring Ron Paul: over $3.6 Billion

Murdoch owns 52%

Total cost to Murdoch for being a total prick: Almost $1.9 Billion and growing!

[Note: If anybody actually understands any of the crap I am totally winging here, feel free to chime in.]

EchelonMonitor

« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2008, 11:35:36 PM »

Here's the 1-day report:

Last Trade: 20.70
Trade Time: Jan 2
Change:  0.55 (2.59%)
Prev Close: 21.25
Open: 21.06
Bid: N/A
Ask: N/A
1y Target Est: N/A

Day's Range: 20.59 - 21.19
52wk Range: 19.68 - 25.78
Volume: 2,501,867
Avg Vol (3m): 2,725,370
Market Cap: N/A
P/E (ttm): N/A
EPS (ttm): N/A
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)

Dig

« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2008, 02:45:46 AM »

Fox News Guard Decks Ron Paul Supporter

4 min - Jan 3, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X-SV9VLkb8

This Video was taken a few minutes after a Fox News Guard Decks a guy just for holding a Ron Paul Sign during the "Hannity and Colmes" show in Des Moines Jan 2, 2008. This video is taken outside of the "Racoon Brewery" where Fox News was broadcasting live from.

So you watch these shows on the 24/7 "news" shows and they are run by the corporate fascists commited to keep everyone in slavery.  See the matrix of support RP has.  The commentators on the video do not seem like the more active members of this forum (kind of pacifist gibberish if you ask me), but they are clued into the obvious fraud in the US Presidential Appointment Machine.

Hey Murdoch, you just lost $2 Billion in a week.  You want to make it $100 Billion you fascist piece of shit?!?!?!?!

The Whole World is Watching

[Note: this pic is not from that event.]

The Whole World is Watching

Dig

« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2008, 02:58:37 AM »

What kind of fascist runs the FOX News Facsist network?

http://www.moveon.org/foxad-QT.html

He looooooooooooves race baiting.

Who would have thought?????????????????

Dig

« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2008, 02:59:36 AM »

EchelonMonitor

« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2008, 06:43:44 AM »

I was checking the message boards at Yahoo finance--http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/NWS

Fox is taking a beating Grin

I like this comment:

Re: Really Big RP endorsement- watch him fly and NWS/FOX dive!!      2-Jan-08 02:01 pm     see this pig crash!!!! I love it. Thanks folks. My big Jewish family and all my friends are voting for ron paul with great enthusiasm. lets take america back now 

Topics  Avg Rating    Replies    Latest Post (ET)   
News Corp - their name is SO IRONIC!
by riffmeeste... [16 minutes ago]  Not rated  0  16 minutes ago
by riffmeeste... 
FOX SPONSOR BOYCOTT
by e_z_living... [44 minutes ago]  Not rated  0  44 minutes ago
by e_z_living... 
Strong Buy
by hema_vani2... [60 minutes ago]  Not rated  0  60 minutes ago
by hema_vani2... 
Since we're talking about Strauss
by rpsux [ 2-Jan-08 11:30 pm]  Not rated  5  3-Jan-08 07:34 am
by bocarat3 
Leo Strauss on neocons' perpetual war
by bocarat3 [ 1-Jan-08 10:56 pm]    17  3-Jan-08 07:26 am
by bocarat3 
Really Big RP endorsement- watch him fly and NWS/F...
by dalgais46 [ 2-Jan-08 01:44 pm]    21  3-Jan-08 06:32 am
by dalgais46 
Watch Fox Tonight...
by darwins_du... [ 2-Jan-08 07:32 pm]    2  3-Jan-08 04:48 am
by tvcl5 
Ron Paul protest website ( Keep Bumping to Top)
by email_fox_... [ 2-Jan-08 12:21 am]    8  3-Jan-08 04:05 am
by morlhzd 
Murdoch is SCUM
by outfoxed69 [ 2-Jan-08 11:23 pm]    2  2-Jan-08 11:49 pm
by jbaptiste2... 
NWS getting hit hard. I'm out.
by fkoch1980 [ 2-Jan-08 12:57 pm]    3  2-Jan-08 11:42 pm
by matthyllan... 
NWS Taking a Beating (Article)
by jbaptiste2... [ 2-Jan-08 04:52 pm]    6  2-Jan-08 10:40 pm
by nws_sucks 
Video TRUTH about Fox/NWS
by murdoch_is... [30-Dec-07 01:28 am]    60  2-Jan-08 10:39 pm
by nws_sucks 
Sold before closing bell..
by aybesee123 [ 2-Jan-08 07:48 pm]    1  2-Jan-08 10:38 pm
by nws_sucks 
Selling Shares - FOX Excludes Ron Paul
by andy28277 [29-Dec-07 01:40 am]    92  2-Jan-08 10:38 pm
by nws_sucks 
Sold
by rpsux [ 2-Jan-08 10:29 pm]  Not rated  0  2-Jan-08 10:29 pm
by rpsux 
Who supports Ron Paul
by ihatepauli... [ 2-Jan-08 02:10 pm]    10  2-Jan-08 10:26 pm
by rpsux 
My God The US Is In A Recession And Nobody Knows I...
by jackal7820... [ 2-Jan-08 10:23 pm]    0  2-Jan-08 10:23 pm
by jackal7820... 
filtered news!!
by rika_rika [ 2-Jan-08 05:12 pm]    1  2-Jan-08 10:21 pm
by rpsux 
It Is Truly Unamerican to Keep Dr. Ron Paul From t...
by jackal7820... [ 2-Jan-08 09:43 pm]    1  2-Jan-08 09:47 pm
by csmittle20... 
Ruppert Murdork
by birchbeert... [ 2-Jan-08 09:00 pm]    0  2-Jan-08 09:00 pm
by birchbeert... 

Dig

« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2008, 06:54:46 AM »

DUMP YOUR NEWS CORP STOCK; WAR AGAINST THE MEDIA!

8 min - Jan 3, 2008 -  (3 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrqSRF33d5Y

America Fascist?

2 min - Jan 3, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq3gl07yTl8

Dig

« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »

Flashback FOX:

Ron Paul Ain't Going Out Like That
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m6N53nidw&feature=related

Faux News caught using a Plant!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wu1i6GooQY&feature=related

Dig

« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2008, 07:09:06 AM »

20.70 +0.00 (0.00%)  Jan 2 4:14pm ET
Open:    N/A
High:    20.70
Low:    20.70
Volume:    200
Avg Vol:    2,284,000
Mkt Cap:    62.39B

NYSE data delayed by 20 minutes - Disclaimer
Pre-Market: 20.60 -0.10 (-0.48%)  Jan 3 8:40am ET

total loss in market cap: $3.88 Billion

EchelonMonitor

« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2008, 07:20:48 AM »

Another trader's comments:

This will continue until the punishment sellers run out of supply. Then there will be a short-term upside, until the advertiser boycott starts to bite into their revenues. I've sold short, and will cover and take the quarter calls when it bottoms out in a day or two, then sell the february calls when the snap-back runs out of steam. In the long-run, do not hold NWS, because it's going to get creamed on the revenue side by the advertiser squeeze -- and Fox is just the beginning: Once the boycott spreads from the Republicans who are pissed off now, to the Democrats and Independents who have always hated News Corp., they're going to have a hard time giving away advertising. MySpace is toast, Facebook ++.

As Sane pointed out, already .48% down in pre-market
Pupil

« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2008, 08:02:57 AM »

Damn, look at that line plummet!  Must be all those spam bots selling their shares.

EchelonMonitor

« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2008, 08:26:07 AM »

lol, already down 1.26% and the day has just begun.

Last Trade: 20.44
Trade Time: 10:04AM ET Jan 3
Change: down 0.26 (1.26%)
reenie

« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2008, 09:33:51 AM »

Toucker Carlson had Pat Buchanan on his show yesterday.  They discussed the fact that Fox was excluding Ron Paul from their debate on Jan 6/08.  They both were in agreement that this was out of line especially to a candidate who had raised the most money every in a twenty-four hour period!  I feel it is time to get on to the phones again with Fox.  Better still lets start calling their sponsors and letting them know, in a respectful way, how we feel.  We CAN change their minds!
EchelonMonitor

« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2008, 10:06:30 AM »

Call your broker--this is easy money today.

Btw, you don't have to own NWS to short sell it.

This is more fun than sticking needles in a Rupert Murdoch doll.
Stan

« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »

Toucker Carlson had Pat Buchanan on his show yesterday.  They discussed the fact that Fox was excluding Ron Paul from their debate on Jan 6/08.  They both were in agreement that this was out of line especially to a candidate who had raised the most money every in a twenty-four hour period!  I feel it is time to get on to the phones again with Fox.  Better still lets start calling their sponsors and letting them know, in a respectful way, how we feel.  We CAN change their minds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk7ZrfjjHeI
Dig

« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »

level1online

Attack Pattern Delta

« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2008, 12:37:51 PM »

Hi folks! I'm responding to this article:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/010308_urges_boycott.htm

My question is, where is a somewhat complete list of Fox News sponsors?

The only sponsor I can think of are those annoying Head-On commercials.  And no... I'm not plugging in my cable box in to find out, it's been collecting dust for six months  Grin

please help, thanks!
Dig

« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2008, 02:19:19 PM »

Ron Paul Rising (and Winning the Black Vote) in New Hampshire?
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/122900.html

David Weigel | October 9, 2007, 11:45am
RealClearPolitics gives us the latest Insider Advantage poll of New Hampshire with Rep. Ron Paul at his highest-ever support level: Six percent. That puts him in the running for fourth place, only slightly behind eight-percenters Fred Thompson and Mike Huckabee. (That's also higher than the 3 percent most polls give him.) The breakdowns:

- Paul scores around 8 percent with 18-29 year olds and 30-44 year olds, but most GOP primary voters are over 45.

- Paul wins the biggest chunk of the black vote, 22.2 percent, topping Mitt Romney's 18.5 percent. One problem: There aren't very many black New Hampshire Republicans. Only 27 were sampled in this poll, and Paul won six of them. Hey, he gets bragging rights.

- Paul wins 10.4 percent of moderate voters, better than Fred Thompson or Mike Huckabee.

That last number's interesting because of the X-Factor in the race: whatever New Hampshire's independents do. They've largely soured on Republicans, especially John McCain (who wouldn't have won the 2000 primary without them), and two-thirds of them say they'll vote in the Democratic race. If Barack Obama or John Edwards wins Iowa, they probably will keep their word. But if Hillary Clinton wins Iowa and the Democratic race stops being interesting, how many anti-war independents will vote for Paul? I'm not predicting a Paul win by any means, but it's getting easier to see a New Hampshire primary where the gap between 1st and 2nd place is smaller than Paul's vote... with the loser having made no effort to steal Paul voters away by talking about his issues.

I talked with New Hampshire Republicans about the race back in June. (That picture was taken outside the June CNN debate.)

In related (old) news, Paul won't be at the Republican Jewish Coalition's candidate forum next week. The first reason given: They only invited the "top" candidates. The second reason given, since they included the never-serious Sam Brownback: Paul votes against aid to Israel.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: