Who is really behind the Westboro Baptist Church?

Author Topic: Who is really behind the Westboro Baptist Church?  (Read 6285 times)

Offline Grizzly06

« on: January 11, 2011, 01:50:45 pm »
This is the most obvious case of trying to stir up emotion and controversy to "tune down the rhetoric" that I have seen. Over on Fox they are reporting the fake church is planning on protesting the 9 year old who just died's funeral. The article shows their posters with statements like "Obama is the Antichrist" and "God Hates You", and "Fags Are Beasts". How convenient to unleash these people to piss people off and portray the Tea Party and Christians as far right extremists and shut down free speech. This is almost out of a science fiction film. Who do this organization work for?

outofstate

Re: Who is really behind the Westboro Baptist Church?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:02:17 pm »
as your first post I question your motive for posing this question, who do you work for ;)

why do they need to work for anyone, cant they just be who they are without having been orchestrated?

Offline All4truth

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:15:30 pm »
It's Fred Phelps.  Same people who love to protest at funerals.  Check out what others have uncovered

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=8579

Offline Grizzly06

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »
I've been waiting to post for awhile and just got approved after having to wait for about a week. It's just so obvious that they are trying to piss people off. Everything they seem to do that the MSM reports on, is completely backward. Jesus and his disciples didn't run around protesting "sinners" funeral's and even exploiting tragedy. The point is, the fact they are going to go as far as to protest an innocent child's funeral that wasn't even doing anything against their "beliefs" ? They are taking advantage of the crisis to make people mad and cause division.

A big headline yesterday was "Lawmakers Say Tune Down The Rhetoric", and with this situation lawmakers move fast to stop these people from being 300 feet from the funeral. Everything they are pushing is straight out of a manual on how to play on emotions to push an agenda. I think we can assume at this point the solution for the problem is going to go further than holding protesters back at a certain distance. This story and everything that has been happening lately points to "problem, reaction, solution" to me. Stifle gun rights, at-least for those who have mental issues(Fox News talking heads)...but the government will draw the line on who is mentally sound to own guns? Of course, if you believe any thing similar to this nut you could be a security threat or unstable. Not to mention the push that will come to shut people up who in any way criticize govt. officials.

Offline rabblevox

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:28:12 pm »
as your first post I question your motive for posing this question, who do you work for ;)

why do they need to work for anyone, cant they just be who they are without having been orchestrated?

Well, as someone pointed out on another thread, more "mainstream" protesters on both the left and right are routinely arrested for far less offensive things than those Phelps routinely gets away with.

AND He always seems to show up when the govt. has an interest in keeping people away from the evidence.

Honestly, how many reporters are going to be asking about forensics when the WBC is in town, guaranteeing big fat headlines?

I used to think that Phelps and the WBC were independently disgusting and disturbed, and they might still be.

But he has been uber-convenient for TPTB, you've gotta admit, and I'm starting to wonder.
"It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake."

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sailor

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:58 pm »
It's Fred Phelps.  Same people who love to protest at funerals.  Check out what others have uncovered

Is it? Who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church? I suspect that they are being used to bring in "hate speech" laws. In a very slick way. The case before the Supreme court which they are set to rule in the spring could set the legal precedent that speech can be banned if it is targeted to "hurt" someone which opens the doors to hate speech laws. This is not gonna work I stand for the free speech rights of Rush limbaugh & Westboro just like I stand with the New York Times and Wikileaks. Arizona can't to this it's not American. But the bigger issue is who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church?  Are they a American? Are they a foreigner? Can who is funding them be charged with any crimes? Under the Espionage Act perhaps. Is it treason if a citizen of another nation were to abuse the American legal system in this way? What about an American? Could Westboro be charged with the Sedition Act if they knew the money was not American? Bottom line Who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church? Until we know the Supreme court case should be stopped and so should Arizona.

outofstate

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »
I've been waiting to post for awhile and just got approved after having to wait for about a week. It's just so obvious that they are trying to piss people off.

just razzin you

I support the first amendment and you just cant have it both ways

personally I say f**k politically correct bullshit and believe whiners need to just shut the f**k up

but thats just me sick of hearing all the drivel about this person or that person and their girl feelings being injured

fags are fags and I am happy that church group calls them as they see them

as to protesting anyones funeral, well if the protesters get their ass beat by someone who doesnt want to hear their shit, maybe they will rethink when and where they protest,

as to laws against it, it seems the act alone could be construed as inciting a riot, no?

well if not then maybe it should  ;D

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.ae911truth.org
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »

Perhaps the same one who's behind both the Nazi-style police state and the terroristic war machine:

"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://webofdebt.com
http://schalkenbach.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline All4truth

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 03:14:41 pm »
Is it? Who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church? I suspect that they are being used to bring in "hate speech" laws. In a very slick way. The case before the Supreme court which they are set to rule in the spring could set the legal precedent that speech can be banned if it is targeted to "hurt" someone which opens the doors to hate speech laws. This is not gonna work I stand for the free speech rights of Rush limbaugh & Westboro just like I stand with the New York Times and Wikileaks. Arizona can't to this it's not American. But the bigger issue is who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church?  Are they a American? Are they a foreigner? Can who is funding them be charged with any crimes? Under the Espionage Act perhaps. Is it treason if a citizen of another nation were to abuse the American legal system in this way? What about an American? Could Westboro be charged with the Sedition Act if they knew the money was not American? Bottom line Who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church? Until we know the Supreme court case should be stopped and so should Arizona.

This is the only thing I found so far.

His financial support comes from members of his church, most of whom are members of his family. Three of his thirteen children have repudiated him and have accused him of being an abusive parent, but the others strongly support him with funds gathered from their law practices. Eleven of his children are lawyers.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/112-fred-phelps

outofstate

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 03:17:31 pm »
Perhaps the same one who's behind both the Nazi-style police state and the terroristic war machine:

I wouldn't argue that

and if Eleven of his children are lawyers then it kinda really paints a pretty picture

"Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered."

Offline All4truth

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 03:27:36 pm »
From what I am reading from many different places.  Their money come from suing people, towns, police ect...  They try to make people angry and violent and when the people react they sue them for whatever reason they can come up with.  They will sue police for not protecting their rights to protest, they will sue towns if they try to stop them from going to a protest.

These people aren't christians they are just looking for money and more money!!  ::)

outofstate

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:33 pm »
From what I am reading from many different places.  Their money come from suing people, towns, police ect...  They try to make people angry and violent and when the people react they sue them for whatever reason they can come up with.  They will sue police for not protecting their rights to protest, they will sue towns if they try to stop them from going to a protest.

These people aren't christians they are just looking for money and more money!!  ::)

a scheme I sure don't want any part of

I'd rather let fags be fags than to use a church for such business as that

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Offline Sailor

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 05:31:45 pm »
From what I am reading from many different places.  Their money come from suing people, towns, police ect...  

I don't believe them. The cost of food,gas,attorneys and travel is high. They way these people zip around the country and are always in court makes me doubt their story, They have freedom of religion under the Constitution. What they don't have is the right to subvert the American legal and political system with money from foreign or domestic enemies of the United States in order to impose for those enemies hate speech laws in America or in any other way to subvert the first amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America bottom line who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church?

Offline All4truth

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 05:55:52 pm »
I don't believe them. The cost of food,gas,attorneys and travel is high. They way these people zip around the country and are always in court makes me doubt their story, They have freedom of religion under the Constitution. What they don't have is the right to subvert the American legal and political system with money from foreign or domestic enemies of the United States in order to impose for those enemies hate speech laws in America or in any other way to subvert the first amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America bottom line who is funding the Westboro Baptist Church?

Well that's all I could come up with.  Do some research, maybe you'll come up with the answer you're looking for.

Offline rabblevox

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:02:47 pm »
Hey, good question!
Posted by mark

For better or for worse, the Westboro Baptist church does make headlines and there is no end in sight. Thus, it’s incumbent upon folks in the press to ask some questions about how this congregation operates. (We’ve been doing that a lot more of than usual this week.)

And William Levesque at the St. Petersburg Times asks a good one: “How does hate group fund national protests?”

The group, composed largely of Phelps-Roper’s extended family, claims to have participated in 43,000 protests in the last 19 years without accepting any outside donations.

Church members say they pay the costs themselves. As Phelps-Roper, a church leader, notes: “Who the hell is going to give us anything?”

Public records, interviews and past news coverage reveal a tax-exempt church that appears to have no significant income other than the donations of its 85 members, and the occasional cash generated by the litigation their protests spawn.

The group, which espouses a fire-and-brimstone Calvinist theology embracing a vengeful God, said it spends about $200,000 annually on protests. The Hillsborough trip, Phelps-Roper said, will cost $2,000.

“It’s difficult to figure out how Shirley can raise 10 or 11 children and simultaneously travel the country a great part of the year,” said attorney Sean Summers, who has battled Westboro in court. “It seems nearly impossible.”

The article has some lengthy analysis about whether or not the church makes a substantial amount from it’s legal settlements. The father of a fallen Marine was recently ordered to pay the church $16,510 in legal fees after he sued the church for protesting his son’s funeral. (Bobby looked at the coverage of that story for GR earlier this week.) Most of the church’s family members are related and it turns out there’s a family law firm that does much of the church’s legal work:

The U.S. Northern Command, monitoring protests at military bases, issued an advisory about Westboro in 2005 saying church funding came from litigation.

“This group does employ passive-aggressive techniques intended to provoke a hostile response or offensive reaction from others,” Northern Command wrote. “This group will then file a civil action in an effort to reach a settlement in order to fund future activities.”

On the other hand, the article notes that even church critics have a hard time believing that the church makes too much money through legal settlements. However, here is one more interesting detail about the church that might help explain where the money comes from:

The church now requires members to pay it 30 percent of income, rather than the traditional 10 percent tithe, he said.

An attorney who has sued the family says this is a scam — members of the church give their money to the church tax-free and the church returns it to them. In any event, that’s an interesting detail. One way to judge the validity of that claim would be to look at the church’s theological, biblical justification for this very unusual 30 percent “tithe.”

Alas, the reporter did not ask that question and I wish he would have. But overall it’s an interesting story even if it proves hard to get definitive answers about this, ahem, unique religious institution. The reporter makes a pretty good effort.

Exit question: The article describes the church as having a “a fire-and-brimstone Calvinist theology.” The church itself says it subscribes to Calvinist and Primitive Baptist principles, though other Primitive Baptists are quick to disown the church and I doubt Calvinists are thrilled to be mentioned in the same sentence.
http://www.getreligion.org/2010/04/hey-good-question/
"It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake."

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sailor

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 09:20:30 pm »
http://www.getreligion.org/2010/04/hey-good-question/
    The U.S. Northern Command, monitoring protests at military bases, issued an advisory about Westboro in 2005 saying church funding came from litigation.

“This group does employ passive-aggressive techniques intended to provoke a hostile response or offensive reaction from others,” Northern Command wrote. “This group will then file a civil action in an effort to reach a settlement in order to fund future activities.”

Now I really don't believe it! I didn't know this myth about where the money comes from was coming from U.S. Northern Command!!!!!!!! We really need to find out where they get money from.

Offline Waltraut

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:41:51 pm »
I saw them when they were doing a tour of college football games.

The best document to read is at the website of his son, who left the family cult with a couple of sisters. They all become attorneys and sue people for funds, although maybe somewhere out there is a wealthy religious person who hasn't noticed who divergent they are from any other conservative church. Phelps used to abuse drugs, and when he got healthy, he made it mandatory for all family members including 3rd graders to run marathons and eat all health food etc.

google Nate Phelps
http://www.queerty.com/how-did-fred-phelps-go-from-civil-rights-hero-to-fag-basher-his-son-nate-tells-all-20100405/

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:08 pm »

I vote the CIA.

Offline PepsiCan

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 02:06:08 am »
 I know I don't post often but I just wanted to say I have had my suspicions about Phelps and his clan for at least the past couple of years. Something really stinks here. And it's a very familiar odor, IMHO. It seems like they are always involved in cases that contribute something to the "hate speech" agenda. We know TPTB appear to be quite interested in using the concept of "hate speech" (Which they have slowly and steadily built from scratch in the collective conscious) to curtail political speech. Why would Phelps knowingly assist them by doing exactly the kinds of things that would eventually end with the kind of speech he enjoys being banned?

Offline Sailor

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 07:44:11 am »

I vote the CIA.

I was thinking Soros or a Soros like person. CIA or Russian frankly any intelligence agency could be doing this. 

wvoutlaw2002

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 07:45:39 am »

I vote the CIA.

CIA, FBI, DHS, and FEMA.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 07:49:30 am »

2 posts by Dig concerning this issue below----CIA

Dig
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.

Re: CIA sends in special agent Fred Phelps to the Safeway Massacre to stop inquiry
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
CIA always sends in Fred Phelps after a false flag operation. He is there to cause so much controversy that people forget the lack of any real investigation. Let us look at the record shall we?

Virginia Tech...False Flag and Fred Phelps
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=79865

Flight 3407...False Flag and Fred Phelps
http://forums.pennstateprs.com/index.php?showtopic=13391&st=20

Binghamton massacre...False Flag and Fred Phelps
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1624668/westboro_baptist_church_to_picket_funerals.html

Frankly, if Fred Phelps did not show up at the crime scene, I may actually have a nanoparticle more faith in the investigation.
Report to moderator     Logged
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately
Dig
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.

Re: CIA sends in special agent Fred Phelps to the Safeway Massacre to stop inquiry
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
Oh yeah and this guy is 1,000% protected by the CIA. They throw people in Gitmo for sneezing but this guy spits on fallen soldiers' graves and court cases have awarded him legal fee money if a family member sues him for common harrassment. But what is the point of the NWO operation false flag grave robber Fred Phelps...same as it always is...provoke blowback.

They want him to stir up so much anger that we will give up our own 1st amendment when his issues have nothing to do with the 1st amendment. He is a raving lunatic, an MK Ultra project gone sour.

And if you do not believe me, just ask yourself why Jesse Ventura cannot broadcast from JFK memorial but Phelps can spit on the graves of our fallen soldiers and even gets a SCOTUS case for his fine New World Order provocateuring:

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/05/supreme-court-set-to-hear-westboro-church-case.html
Report to moderator     Logged
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Freeski

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 08:43:04 pm »

The BBC doc is very revealing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735501683185935638&hl=en#
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.