SK to initiate operation "Solstice/Eclipse False Flag" with live drills tomorrow

Author Topic: SK to initiate operation "Solstice/Eclipse False Flag" with live drills tomorrow  (Read 18492 times)

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Yeonpyeong Island to be site of new firing drill

Exercise will start in next few days
December 17, 2010

South Korea will stage the same live-fire artillery drill off Yeonpyeong Island that it conducted before coming under North Korean attack on Nov. 23 as early as tomorrow, the military announced yesterday.

“The maritime drill has been suspended due to the North’s attack, but we will resume the exercise,” said Army Col. Lee Bung-woo, a spokesman for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. “Taking into account the weather and other conditions, we will pick a date between Saturday and Tuesday. It will be a single-day exercise.”

The firing exercise is part of South Korea’s routine drills aimed at defending the nation’s northwestern islands, the military said. “It is a legitimate exercise that will take place in our territorial waters south of the western maritime border of the Northern Limit Line,” Lee said. “We will follow ordinary procedures. The information will be announced in advance through the Korea Hydrographic and Oceanographic Administration’s navigation warning site.”

According to the site, a warning to civilian vessels to stay out of the waters from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Saturday until Tuesday near Yeonpyeong Island was already updated with the coordinates of the firing exercise site.

More: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2929803
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Seoul to go ahead with live-fire drill

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:55AM
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/155959.html

?

The South Korean military says it will conduct its joint live-fire exercise with the US on an island near the disputed sea border despite North Korea’s warning of a deadly retaliation.

With the threat of a full-blown military confrontation looming large on the Korean Peninsula following the shelling of South Korean Yeonpyeong Island on November 23 by the North’s forces, concerns are running high that Seoul’s live-fire military drill, planned for Dec 18-21, on the island near the disputed sea would further complicate the situation in the region.

“There is no change in our stance with regards to the live-fire exercise,” AFP quoted a South Korean defense ministry spokesman on Saturday. “We cannot confirm… whether we will carry out the exercise today.”

The remarks come as North Korea vowed on Friday that it would immediately hit back with a deadlier attack as compared to its last month’s bombardment, which killed four South Koreans, including two Marines and two civilians.

“It will be deadlier than what was made on November 23 in terms of the powerfulness and sphere of the strike,” reads a statement by the North Korean military.

However, there were no signs of any visible military preparation or noticeable activity by the South Korean marines on Yeonpyeong, one of the five islands in the volatile western waters of the Korean Peninsula.

Yonhap news agency quoted a South Korean military source as saying that the planned drill may be postponed due to bad weather conditions.

“Weather conditions are the most important factor in deciding the time for a drill. Early next week will be the most likely time to hold it because the weather should improve,” the source said.

Meanwhile, China called on the parties to the conflict to practice restraint, saying the regional stability would come under new strains if new clashes break out in the Korean Peninsula.

“The situation on the Korean peninsula is now particularly complex and sensitive, and China is highly concerned,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said on Saturday.

US diplomat Bill Richardson, who is in Pyongyang, also expressed deep concerns over the threat of military confrontation in the region, describing the situation as “a tinderbox.”

He further urged North Korean officials to allow theb South conduct its live-fire exercises, with the United States, which currently has 28,000 troops stationed in South Korea.

The latest development comes as the outburst of enmity between Pyongyang and Seoul has invoked the specter of a full-blown military conflict reminiscent of the 1950-53 Korean War.

The two countries remain technically at war since the Korean conflict ended in an armistice, not a peace treaty.

Offline chris jones

Re: WW3 drills in Korea, NK vows Retaliation
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 04:23:51 PM »
Trust me on this people. World War 3 is no longer fiction.
If you haven't prepared this is the wake up call you've been waiting for.
Wars have allways been the road to domination-controll both foriegn and domestic.
The big bang, if this kicks of another war, this nation and the people are in for suffering the likes of which they have never seen.
 It is a common beleif that WW III will be all out nukes, an acopolypse. I regress & beleive we have been in the initial stages of WWIII since the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions.

Offline Flur

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »
I have a hard time believing a NK/SK skirmish would snowball into WWIII.  These 2 countries have had escalated tension for decades and yet nothing has triggered conflict.  I don't see it pulling in the rest of the world.. it seems very regionalized.
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  - 1 John 2:15

Offline citizenx

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »
People start wars because they think they can get what they want without paying too high a price.

Some times they think wrong.

Offline xereau

• Thread Killer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 05:14:51 PM »
These countries have been going at it since the armistace was signed.

This is nothing new.

And this is not how WW3 starts.

PNAC clearly states that several more Arab nations are to be invaded, which will be used as the 'WTF' moment by the rest of the world, who will collectively jump on America who has been set up as the new bad guy.

The Korea thing is a distraction, imho.
Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex. --  Frank Zappa

Offline citizenx

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »
I, for one, hope you are right.  But I think the motives are more complicated than that.  Has to do with capital flow, methinks.

Offline sharpsteve

• Twitter Me
South Korea plans to carry out a planned firing drill from an island near the border with North Korea from Monday morning, domestic media quoted military officials as saying.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6BI2AP20101219

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
12/21/2010...Solstice-eclipse overlap for Greco Roman occult circle jerks
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=195680.0
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline citizenx

The long, dark night of the soul (Seoul) over here.

Offline citizenx

The drills are set to begin at 11 a.m. local time.  It is almost 10:30 a.m. now.

The Russian offical that called for the security council meeting said that they were not able to "bridge all the bridges" according to the latest reports at the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/12/19/world/asia/AP-AS-Koreas-Clash.html?hp

So, here we go.

Offline LambOfGod

I hope nothing comes of this.

Offline larsonstdoc

So what's happening in SK right now citizenx?  Please keep us posted.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline tritonman

11:00 has come and gone with no beginning to the exersize so far, due to fog?

Offline citizenx

Haven't seen anything confirmed, yet, but hey you guys got the same internet I have. ;D

Offline citizenx

Today, 11:40 PM 
jhpigott 
Senator   Join Date: Apr 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

South Korea's Defense Ministry says the drills haven't started yet due to fog. But maintain they will still happen today.
http://twitter.com/KyungLahCNN

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124165&page=205

Offline tritonman

Maybe they really are gonna wait for the solstice. 

Offline citizenx

You mean the eclipse?

Solstice is the 21 rst at 23:38 UTC.

Offline tritonman

You know , a great deal is being made of this solstice/eclipse, and until you pointed it out I had not noticed they did not in fact coincide .   I have read a bunch on it but this is the first I heard it pointed out.  thanks. ;D

Offline tritonman

Word is that the drill has ineed began, would you be able to hear from your local citizen?

Offline citizenx

Reports on TOL that it has started.

Offline tritonman

Reuters is the source for the claim .  Their reporters have said they heard it but I have not found a source yet.

Offline citizenx

My coworker who is listening to the news says that it hasn't started yet.  I don't know.

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Around here when there's fog they DO drills. I have a hard time believing any news these days.

Damascus

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »
People start wars because they think they can get what they want without paying too high a price.

Some times they think wrong.

Bankers start wars so they can profit from all sides.

Offline grapecrusher1

The long, dark night of the soul (Seoul) over here.

First I have seen of your concern.  Generally, you rightly, dismiss it as sabre rattling bs.

I hope for the same non action for you and the millions that reside on that penisula who are being manipulated as pawns.

This is becoming aggravated and aggravating.
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline citizenx

Normally, I would dismiss it as saber-rattling.  But you have to be careful.  The desensitization all the saber-rattling causes can blind you.  Things might be very different on the other side of the border for instance than they are are here.

The people are very desperate and they have been on a real war-footing for 60 years.  Their situation is very different from the people here and the government there is quite different from the government here.  It is not good to project too much.

Very much agree that the whole peninsula is being manipulated by outside forces -- North and South.

Hopefully things calm down.  It's Christmas week.  A war just isn't good for me right now.  Christmas Dinner Saturday and a party the next Day.  I think we have to be talking about next week at the earliest.  I'm just too busy.  Some time in the next year, maybe. ;D

Offline LambOfGod

I can't confirm this as true. This is what was just posted by a member on AboveTopSecret.com forum.

South Korea's planned live-fire military exercises have started, according to the country's ministry of defense.

Another breaking news :

Russia warn that within hours it could be a serious conflict

Offline LambOfGod

Dec. 20, 2010

(AP)  South Korea says it has launched fighter jets to deter North Korean attacks. South Korea has began live-fire drills from a front-line island bombed last month by North Korea, in defiance of the North's threats to attack again.

The Defense Ministry says the drills started Monday, and an Associated Press cameraman heard the booms of artillery explosions Monday afternoon.

South Korean conducted the one-day live-fire drills from this tiny enclave of fishing communities and military bases only about seven miles from North Korean shores.

The island was shelled by the North after similar drills last month. Two marines and two civilians were killed.

The North considers the waters around Yeonpyeong its own territory and has threatened to retaliate for any new drills.

Offline citizenx

20 December 2010 Last updated at 05:50 GMT

South Korea begins exercises near border with North The South Korean military has begun live-firing exercises on Yeonpyeong island close to the border with North Korea, its defence ministry says.

The move comes despite repeated threats of retaliation from Pyongyang.

Four people were killed when the North shelled the island during an earlier drill last month.

The UN Security Council discussed the situation in New York, but has failed to reach any agreement. Russia called on South Korea to halt the drill.

http://www.bbc.com/

Offline citizenx

Defense Ministry: South Korea starts live-fire drill
By the CNN Wire Staff
December 20, 2010 -- Updated 0559 GMT (1359 HKT)
Tension between the Koreas

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Residents on five islands are told to take cover
North Korea says the drill could ignite a war
No agreement is reached in the Security Council, Russia and the United States say

(CNN) -- South Korea's planned live-fire military exercises started Monday afternoon, the country's ministry of defense said.

North Korea has said the drill could ignite a war and has promised to respond militarily, but has also agreed to a series of actions after former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Bill Richardson urged the North to not take an aggressive response.

On Sunday, South Korea ordered thousands to find shelter in preparation for the drill while the United Nations' Security Council wrangled over growing tensions in the Korean peninsula.

continued:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/12/20/koreas.tensions/index.html?hpt=T1

Offline citizenx

South Korea Starts Live-Fire Drills on Island Near the North
 Ahnyoung-Joon/Associated Press

By SHARON LAFRANIERE and MARTIN FACKLER
Published: December 19, 2010

PYONGYANG, North Korea — South Korea began live-fire artillery exercises on Monday, escalating a confrontation with North Korea even as an American official reported “important progress” in breaking through the North’s isolation in talks here in the North Korean capital.

The South has insisted on its right to go through with the drills in disputed waters around the Yeonpyeong Island, despite threats from the North for massive military retaliation.

But a few hours earlier, Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, a former United States ambassador to the United Nations, said the North had agreed to concessions related to its nuclear program, a main source of tension on the peninsula. Mr. Richardson was on an unofficial trip approved by the State Department, meeting here with high ranking military officials, the North Korean vice president and members of the Foreign Ministry over five days.

continued:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/20/world/asia/20korea.html?hp

Offline citizenx

And as soon as it started, unconfirmed reports the drill is over already.

Offline LambOfGod

twitter.com...

North korea is STANDING DOWN!!!

enorthkorea North Korea has called on the whole nation to oppose war and guard peace in an effort to smash the warmongers' plots http://(link tracking not allowed)/fpyUZR
8 minutes ago via bitly
Retweeted by Korea_Watch and 4 other

Offline tritonman

twitter.com...

North korea is STANDING DOWN!!!

enorthkorea North Korea has called on the whole nation to oppose war and guard peace in an effort to smash the warmongers' plots http://(link tracking not allowed)/fpyUZR
8 minutes ago via bitly
Retweeted by Korea_Watch and 4 other
Correction,North Korea is planning for a time of it's own choosing would be more likely, ::)

Offline citizenx

I'm just glad the drill was completed, according to local accounts, without incident.

Offline grapecrusher1

Correction,North Korea is planning for a time of it's own choosing would be more likely, ::)

Correction, the puppetmasters have not tweaked the puppets to engage.  Quite like a cockfight.
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa