Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific

Author Topic: Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific  (Read 42427 times)

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
Re: Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2010, 05:26:38 am »
Now I'm hearing on the BBC that the USA / S.Korean are planning an exercise as a show of strength, classic cover for an attack - (irritating in the extreme)

What is it with these people huh ?

By printing more money they are effectively stealing from those with big piles of dollars
Its no mystery why they would get a vassal scum state to provocateur

If you don't realise that this incident is connected to the rogue submarine launched ICBM, I suggest you give it some thought. Possibly rethink your previous position and analysis.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline shipgeek

Re: Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2010, 06:05:33 am »
Do they know what a tactical nuke is? DU ain't nothing compared to so caled "tactical" nukes.

I believe there is a 100% ban on use of nukes under international treaties.

I also believe that Obama recently signed onto new treaties which allowed some exceptions. Congress is not agreeing with the new treaty so far.

Can't help it. Some of these guys in the armed forces are really blood thirsty - pilots especially.
They want to kill. It doesn't matter to them if they hit civilians.
I doubt they know much of anything. They are brainwashed and maybe on drugs too.
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2010, 06:07:19 am »
Can't help it. Some of these guys in the armed forces are really blood thirsty - pilots especially.
They want to kill. It doesn't matter to them if they hit civilians.
I doubt they know much of anything. They are brainwashed and maybe on drugs too.

do the pilots know that Raytheon is planning on making their jobs disappear?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline citizenx

« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2010, 06:11:05 am »
And the best way to get that system sold is to show how ineffective human pilots are... by making some of them disappear/crash/get shot down.

"Deal of the Century"

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:04 am »
do the pilots know that Raytheon is planning on making their jobs disappear?

Oh.. very true... you are so right...

citizenX you are right also - think of the F-22 crash in Alaska...
we will probably never really know how or why.

all fighter planes will be un-manned more and more in the future...
and we will get to a point where civilian planes will be also.

One test pilot at the Airbus test flight center once told me that the big A380 could be flown without pilots and entirely ground controlled as we know it now. The only reason they don't do this is the fear that passengers won't want to fly on these un-manned aircrafts. There will be a time soon enough where they will have guys on the flight deck just for mere surveillance that the systems dont go bust.

Look at the Space Shuttles how every single command that is taken is dictated from the ground.
It's interesting to watch them on NASA TV and the same applies with Space Walks.
The Astronauts are just objects. They apply what they are being told by ground control 100% of the time.
No personal power of decision if any at all.
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
  • The banksters are steaming piles of dog shit!
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2010, 09:45:14 am »
U.S. to Send Carrier for Joint Exercises Off Korea
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/25/world/asia/25korea.html

By DAVID E. SANGER and MARK McDONALD
Published: November 24, 2010

WASHINGTON — President Obama and South Korea’s president agreed Tuesday night to hold joint military exercises as a first response to North Korea’s deadly shelling of a South Korean military installation, as both countries struggled for the second time this year to keep a North Korean provocation from escalating into war.

The exercise will include sending the aircraft carrier George Washington and a number of accompanying ships into the region, both to deter further attacks by the North and to signal to China that unless it reins in its unruly ally it will see an even larger American presence in the vicinity.

More...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2010, 03:52:28 pm »
U.S. to Send Carrier for Joint Exercises Off Korea
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/25/world/asia/25korea.html

By DAVID E. SANGER and MARK McDONALD
Published: November 24, 2010

WASHINGTON — President Obama and South Korea’s president agreed Tuesday night to hold joint military exercises as a first response to North Korea’s deadly shelling of a South Korean military installation, as both countries struggled for the second time this year to keep a North Korean provocation from escalating into war.

The exercise will include sending the aircraft carrier George Washington and a number of accompanying ships into the region, both to deter further attacks by the North and to signal to China that unless it reins in its unruly ally it will see an even larger American presence in the vicinity.

More...

Naval Readiness Exercise Announced
Story Number: NNS101124-01 Release Date: 11/24/2010 6:01:00 AM

By 7th Fleet Public Affairs Office

YOKOSUKA, Japan (NNS) -- The USS George Washington carrier strike group will join Republic of Korea (ROK) naval forces in the waters west of the Korean peninsula from Nov. 28 to Dec. 1 to conduct the next exercise in the series announced at the 2+2 meetings in July.

This exercise is defensive in nature. While planned well before yesterday's unprovoked artillery attack, it demonstrates the strength of the ROK-U.S. Alliance and our commitment to regional stability through deterrence. It is also designed to improve our military interoperability.

U.S. Navy ships scheduled to participate include the USS George Washington (CVN 73) with an embarked carrier air wing (CVW 5), USS Cowpens (CG 62), USS Lassen (DDG 89), USS Stethem (DDG 63), USS Fitzgerald (DDG 62).

U.S. and allied operations are built on an already strong foundation of cooperation and this exercise is intended to further enhance interoperability. The U.S. and ROK forces will conduct air defense and surface warfare readiness training.

The U.S. Navy routinely operates in the waters off the Korean peninsula and has conducted numerous operations and exercises in this area. In October 2009 the George Washington strike group conducted similar operations in the international waters west of the Korean peninsula. U.S. aircraft carriers frequently visit the Korean peninsula and conduct port visits in Busan; such as USS George Washington in 2010, USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74)in March 2009, USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), USS Nimitz (CVN 68) and USS George Washington in 2008.

Read more: http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=57375

Compromise on drill by U.S., Korea

To calm China, joint exercises with aircraft carrier will be done in East Sea

Joon Gang Daily
July 16, 2010

South Korea and the United States will push ahead with a joint naval exercise to warn North Korea against making attacks on the South, officials in Seoul and Washington said.

But a defense ministry official told the JoongAng Ilbo that the two countries have arrived at a compromise to avoid angering China, which objected to the exercise being held in the Yellow Sea near its own territorial waters.

“We will hold drills in both the Yellow Sea and the East Sea,” the official said.

In addition, the U.S.S. George Washington, a U.S. Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, will participate in the exercise in the East Sea, not the Yellow Sea, the source said.

“The first stage of the drill will take place in the East Sea with the aircraft carrier, and more exercises will follow in the Yellow Sea,” he said. “The aircraft carrier cannot participate in all drills. Last year, it joined the drill in the Yellow Sea. This year, it will participate in the exercise in the East Sea.”

The official admitted that China’s objection to the drill was a factor in changing the plan.

“We first discussed a plan of holding the exercise in the Yellow Sea, but changed the location to the East Sea taking into account the development in the United Nations Security Council,” he said. On July 9, the UN Security Council issued a presidential statement deploring the sinking of the naval warship Cheonan on March 26, but didn’t say North Korea was behind the attack as South Korea and the U.S. believe. China and Russia objected to North Korea being blamed.

A Pentagon official said Wednesday that foreign affairs and defense policy makers from Seoul and Washington will meet next week to discuss and likely approve the joint drills. U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will meet their South Korean counterparts, Defense Minister Kim Tae-young and Foreign Minister Yu Myung-hwan, in Seoul next Wednesday to discuss the drill and other security matters.

The joint drills, which involve a wide range of military assets, will “augment already planned bilateral exercises, such as the Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise that takes place annually,” Defense Department spokesman Geoff Morrell said in a briefing in Washington.

“All of these exercises are defensive in nature, but will send a clear message of deterrence to North Korea and demonstrate our steadfast commitment to the defense of South Korea,” Morrell said.

Asked about China’s objection to the drill, Morrell said China was a country “whose opinion we respect and consider. But this is a matter of our ability to exercise in the open seas, in international waters. Those determinations are made by us, and us alone.”

“Where we exercise, when we exercise, with whom and how, using what assets and so forth, are determinations that are made by the United States navy, by this - by the Department of Defense, by the United States government,” Morrell continued.

A total of about 10 packages of the joint drills are planned in the waters surrounding the peninsula, he added.

Read more: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2923285

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2010, 04:09:04 pm »
South thwarts even bigger attack

Military says strike by howitzers took out equipment

November 25, 2010

North Korea had planned to fire more shells than the roughly 170 rounds that fell on Yeonpyeong Island and the waters around it, but a counterattack by South Korea damaged their equipment, South Korean military officials said yesterday.

The South, however, did not describe the extent of the damage, adding to the list of unanswered questions over the first inland skirmish between the two Koreas since the Korean War.

The attack by the North left two marines and two civilians dead.

“After the North Korean military fired roughly 150 rounds in the first 12 minutes of the attack, they prepared for a bigger attack but were unable to do so once our military retaliated with K9 howitzers,” said a South Korean military official. Another 20 rounds were fired after the initial attack.

The K9 is a South Korean self-propelled howitzer developed for the South Korean military by Samsung Techwin. The weapon can fire six 155-millimeter rounds per minute.

“Because the K9 is very accurate, the North Korean military bases were probably reduced to rubble,” said the official.

South Korean Minister of National Defense Kim Tae-young said during a hearing at the National Assembly’s Defense Committee yesterday that images of the North Korean coastline were hard to obtain “because of the clouds in that direction.”

The military could not confirm how much damage had been done by the South’s retaliatory response. The defense minister said military officials were working to determine the extent of the damage...

Read more: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2928852

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

It looks like the U.S.S. George Washington was not supposed to participate in the Yellow Sea exercises but was called in at the last minute.

US warships head to Yellow Sea for military drills
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/24/koreas.crisis/index.html?hpt=T1

~Aldous Huxley

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »
It looks like the U.S.S. George Washington was not supposed to participate in the Yellow Sea exercises but was called in at the last minute.

US warships head to Yellow Sea for military drills
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/24/koreas.crisis/index.html?hpt=T1

That I can believe !
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »
George Washington Strike Group
GWSTRKGRU / GWCSG
George Washington Battle Group
GWBATGRU

CVN-73 George Washington
"Spirit of Freedom"

Since commissioning, George Washington made three Mediterranean / Arabian Gulf deployments. During GW's maiden deployment the ship proudly served as the backdrop for the 50th anniversary of D-Day.

USS George Washington (CVN 73) made its historic arrival at Fleet Activities Yokosuka, 25 September 2008, as the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier to be permanently forward deployed outside of the United States. GW’s two nuclear reactors allows it to rapidly sail great distances without ever needing to refuel and adds extensive capacity in jet fuel for its air wing. GW also has the latest upgrades to an aircraft carrier’s self defense systems by adding a Cooperative Engagement Capability.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/batgru-73.htm

The nuclear-powered USS George Washington leaves Yokosuka U.S. Naval base in Yokosuka, south of Tokyo, November 24, 2010. The U.S. aircraft carrier will join a U.S.-South Korean military drill in waters off the west coast of the Korean peninsula, Yonhap news agency said on Wednesday, quoting the South Korean Defense Ministry.

I AM POLITICALLY AGNOSTIC AND PROUD OF IT - John Tsul

Offline Rebelitarian

« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2010, 05:53:15 pm »
Lets see Dec 7th "Infamy Day" is coming up so one has to wonder if another false-flag is in the works.

They should just give it up already.

No one is buying their lies anymore.

Offline wouldntyouliketoknow

« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »
Lets see Dec 7th "Infamy Day" is coming up so one has to wonder if another false-flag is in the works.

They should just give it up already.

No one is buying their lies anymore.

WE aren't buying their lies but the majority of the sheeple are CLUELESS. I bet if you went a local mall and asked people what was going on in Korea-you would walk out deflated and disgusted. I know because I have done it with many topics and am always amazed by the level of completely clueless people and how they just believe what they are done or worse-don't even know what the hell is going on.

Offline kerrymti

• The truth will set us free..and..open their eyes.
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2010, 08:30:16 pm »
WE aren't buying their lies but the majority of the sheeple are CLUELESS. I bet if you went a local mall and asked people what was going on in Korea-you would walk out deflated and disgusted. I know because I have done it with many topics and am always amazed by the level of completely clueless people and how they just believe what they are done or worse-don't even know what the hell is going on.

You are exactly right.  Even when I talk to my family, who hear me talk about this all the time, they just don't seem to get it.  I wish we could all just turn the 'boob toobs' off for a month and make everyone read!

Offline Freeski

« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2010, 09:12:46 pm »

Which begs the questions: Why not just snuff us out? They'd have total psychological control. Why even let a small number of instigators exist?
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2010, 09:41:09 pm »
If they could, they would. The mere fact that we exist is proof they aren't ready for that yet.  Doesn't mean they aren't trying.  You've got to grant that these bastards do have ambition.

If a fraction of us had their ambition, they would be no longer have any power, and IMO we are getting there soon and they know that.

"The devil knows he has but a short time..."

Offline wouldntyouliketoknow

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2010, 12:40:25 am »
Which begs the questions: Why not just snuff us out? They'd have total psychological control. Why even let a small number of instigators exist?

They dismiss us by calling us the "lunatic fringe," "conspiracy nuts," "tin hat followers," and everything else under the sun. They expose that we are the minority and therefore not to be trusted. It's kind of like high school-they are the cool kids and they know everything-we are the outsiders who are angry and just want to be let inside.

They know that if they have the dumbed down, insecure, fluorinated masses believing what they sell, they can point to us and laugh. Problem is that more of us are "waking up" daily around the world and they didn't expect that to happen so quickly which is why they are trying to shut down the web-our main source of spreading information and communicating with each other.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2010, 12:46:27 am »
A trapped rat will fight.

When the masses are really on the verge of "waking up" all the way, I do not put it past the elite bastards to start trying to kill some of the leaders (influencers) of the truth/anti-globalist movement.  They have ,after all, been getting rid of whistle-blowers this whole time.  It won't stop any man or woman, though, worthy of their salt and they can't get us all, not in time.  Really, they are doomed.  We may not have really even seen their ugly side yet, though.

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2010, 01:05:12 am »
I'll post this from a friend of mine who took a teaching job in South Korea teaching English a couple of years ago, he just sent this today. I'm not saying they won't use this exercise to their advantage, but this is what he said from South Korea:

I'll use my dinner experience to explain where all the fuss ain't:

When I went to dinner with my wife, we walked up to the restaurant and I saw that everyone in the restaurant had their eyes fixed on the TV. My first thought was, "Uh oh. Something else besides the artillery exchange happened." We walked into the restaurant and I saw what had everyone's attention: The Asian Games.

My wife is Korean, born and bred. Her reaction is the same as most Koreans and probably closest to the truth: Kim Jong-Il is being Kim Jong-Il. Every few months to half a year he rattles his saber to show his power and everyone understands it's his f-ed up way of showing just how little power he actually has. Koreans aren't worried about an impending war because it's the same deal that's been happening for fifty years, and it may happen for the next fifty years if Kim Jong-Il's son is anything like him.

There's nothing to see here. It's business as usual, and things will probably stay relatively quiet until the next "incident."

This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2010, 01:10:34 am »
That is tru.  The anxiety has pretty much completely died down from the first day.  These sort of skirmishes (both sides are really partly responsible, whether they admit it or not) are fairly routine.  People here are desensitized as a matter of fact, one day they may wake up very surprised that such an action has escalated to the status of a real (hot) war again, whih most Koreans now (in their life) have never experienced.  For most South Koreans the war is not real in some ways and is "forgotten about, even though it never really ended.  North Koreans probably live more like a nation at war and have for sixty years.  Constant war footing.  Why not?  Cut off from the rest of the world.  Daily having to worry about mere survival.  It is the complete opposite of here, I imagine.

Most South Koreans are really not necessarily conscious that North Koreans may think completely differently from them.

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2010, 06:20:17 am »
I have my doubts of any real conflict between the two. In fact, I see North Korea opeing up in the near future, most likely once Kim the Elder dies. Then Kim the Younger, who's in his twenties, I suspect will start changing things there to conform to the globalist plan. I bet the kid even has an iPhone and listens to Ricky Martin or something. :D

No question NK has a history of regular saber-rattling and I think this is just that as the kid was just announced succesor.

One thing though I got to say about S. Koreans; those people have protesting down to an organized contact sport! Precision chaos all done in colorful uniforms and hardhats and banners. I wouldn't be surprised if they have classes that teach people how to protest properly.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline citizenx

« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2010, 06:54:06 am »
Actually Kim Jong Il renounced communism in principle long ago and just released a market reform advocate from prison.  Like the Chinese they are already opening up to markets, just not democracy in any form.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:50 pm »

Another Fox Fallon?

S. Korean defense minister resigns; North threatens additional attacks
Kim Tae-young was criticized after the North Korean shelling of the South's Yeonpyeong Island.

By Andrew Salmon, For CNN
November 25, 2010 -- Updated 1955 GMT (0355 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* NEW: N. Korea says it was provoked and defending itself on Yeonpyeong
    * S. Korean defense minister resigns
    * N. Korea indirectly referred to a planned U.S.-South Korean military drill as provocation
    * S. Korea says marine forces based in five islands will be reinforced

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-young resigned Thursday, according to the South Korean presidency, two days after North Korea shelling left four South Koreans dead.

"The president has just accepted the defense minister's resignation," according to a spokesman for the Presidential Blue House.

Kim, a former general, came under heavy criticism after the March sinking of the South Korean war ship Cheonan and again after North Korea struck the South's Yeonpyeong Island on Tuesday.

North Korea has been blamed by the South and other nations for the Cheonan incident, in which 46 sailors were killed, but has denied responsibility. North Korea has blamed South Korea and the United States for the Yeonpyeong incident, in which two South Korean marines and two civilians were killed and 15 others injured...

Read more: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/25/koreas.crisis/index.html?hpt=T1

~Aldous Huxley

Offline infowarrior_039

• explosions in the sky
    • Truth Archive
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2010, 02:18:34 am »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/8161433/Artillery-fire-heard-near-South-Korea-island.html

Artillery fire has been heard off the South Korea's Yeonpyeong island - the scene of shelling by North Korea earlier this week.

6:53AM GMT 26 Nov 2010

South Korea's military said two explosions were heard on Friday and it was checking the source of the sounds.

The two blasts were heard off Yeonpyeong island near the disputed border in the Yellow Sea, a Joint Chiefs of Staff spokesman told AFP.

"We're checking the origin of the sounds," he said.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2010, 02:25:35 am »
It just figures. I gotta go back to the dentist with the wife.  Weird.

Hope no one was hurt.

Offline infowarrior_039

• explosions in the sky
    • Truth Archive
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2010, 02:52:59 am »
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTOE6AP04D20101126

Nov 26 (Reuters) - South Korea's military said sounds of distant artillery fire were heard on Friday from within North Korea, but no shells landed in South Korean territory.

A Reuters witness on Yeonpyeong island heard what he said sounded like artillery fire. (Reporting by Kim Do-gyun; Writing by Jack Kim; Editing by Nick Macfie)

Offline Freeski

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2010, 02:55:00 am »
Stay safe!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2010, 03:10:54 am »
The US have no business being in South Korea and mingling in their internal affairs.

Let the two Koreas deal with this by themselves. If the US wasn't there I am sure the situation between the two countries would be solved in no time. The US are acting as agent provocateur. They are looking for a new war theater somewhere on the planet so they can take control. They are showing themselves as a neo-colonialist power using war under any pretext they can find. They have no business doing these drills with their armada.

If a war breaks out in Korea it will be the US sole responsibility.
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2010, 04:03:19 am »
The US have no business being in South Korea and mingling in their internal affairs.

Let the two Koreas deal with this by themselves. If the US wasn't there I am sure the situation between the two countries would be solved in no time. The US are acting as agent provocateur. They are looking for a new war theater somewhere on the planet so they can take control. They are showing themselves as a neo-colonialist power using war under any pretext they can find. They have no business doing these drills with their armada.

If a war breaks out in Korea it will be the US sole responsibility.

Well, no question the US has it's sins, but the MSM line is that S Korea wants the US right where it is as a buffer against the aggressive North. You also have to remember there was never any peace offically made, but instead something like an agreed cease-fire, but technically speaking, the Korean War is still on. So while I understand your anti-US point, they aren't there just to get iin other people's business as you alledge. Staged, planned by the NWO or whatever, when the US wasn't there, the North attacked the South, so you figure it out.

It's not like the US just dropped in on South Korea and decided to stay. The S. Korean government wants the US there( or so it's claimed), and of course the US wants to be there.

And yes, they do have rights to do military exercises with their allies. Your comment that they can't comes across as ignorant whining.

IF war breaks out between the Koreas, it will be the US's fault? Uh, no, it will be the fault of the parties at war. There is no war when there is no return fire!
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline endof

« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2010, 04:19:34 am »
how long before the strikeforce gets there?

oh right yeah, i mean, 'exercise'. "is this real world? or exercise?"

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2010, 04:30:51 am »
Well, no question the US has it's sins, but the MSM line is that S Korea wants the US right where it is as a buffer against the aggressive North. You also have to remember there was never any peace offically made, but instead something like an agreed cease-fire, but technically speaking, the Korean War is still on. So while I understand your anti-US point, they aren't there just to get iin other people's business as you alledge. Staged, planned by the NWO or whatever, when the US wasn't there, the North attacked the South, so you figure it out.

It's not like the US just dropped in on South Korea and decided to stay. The S. Korean government wants the US there( or so it's claimed), and of course the US wants to be there.

And yes, they do have rights to do military exercises with their allies. Your comment that they can't comes across as ignorant whining.

IF war breaks out between the Koreas, it will be the US's fault? Uh, no, it will be the fault of the parties at war. There is no war when there is no return fire!

Thank you for sharing your comments.
This seems to be more like the "official" version coming from South Korea and the US, i.e. the agreement they have made during/after the Korean war. This seems more like "NWO" plan to me than anything else.
What does China and Russia think of this? Don't they have the right to give their stance? Why should only the US have the right to speak out? Is this because South Korea "wants them to be there"? Hasn't the US pushed this and still are?

???
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline citizenx

« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2010, 05:32:32 am »
The South has admitted to firing the first shots earlier this week.  They were conducting artillery drills in the Yellow Sea before the North shelled Yeonpyeong-do (Yeonpyeong Island).  It was fairly predictable.  As the U.S. is in control of military forces here in S.K. it must have been done with U.S. blessing.  The North was provoked and they responded as would be expected with real (non-warning) shots.

That was a U.S. insitigated attack.  The U.S. and S.K. intentionally poked the bear.

As for today, (Friday) we don't know what the explosions today were, or who caused them yet.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2010, 05:40:07 am »
S. Korea and U.S. military drill pushing toward war, N. Korea says
By the CNN Wire Staff
November 26, 2010 4:51 a.m. EST

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
North Korea apparently targets key sites on Yeonpyeong Island, a South Korean lawmaker says
The drill is a "reckless plan" by "trigger-happy elements," the North says
The exercise is to start Sunday in the Yellow Sea
South Korea says it still hasn't picked a defense minister

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- South Korea and the United States are recklessly pushing the Korean peninsula "closer to the brink of war" by scheduling a joint military drill for this weekend, North Korean state media said Friday.

"The situation on the Korean peninsula is inching closer to the brink of war due to the reckless plan of those trigger-happy elements to stage again the war exercises targeted against [North Korea] in wake of the grave military provocation they perpetrated against the territorial waters of [the North Korean] side in the West Sea ... " said the North's KCNA news agency.

The West Sea is the part of the Yellow Sea that's closest to the Koreas, and it was the scene of Tuesday's shelling of a South Korean island by North Korea. The attack on Yeonpyeong Island killed four South Koreans and injured 15 others.

continued (with video link):

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/26/koreas.crisis/index.html?hpt=T2

Offline citizenx

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2010, 05:45:40 am »
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
South Korea Fired the First Shot

While North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is a madman, and while North Korea was the first to kill anyone in today's skirmish, it was actually the South Koreans who fired first.

As AP notes:

The skirmish began when Pyongyang [i.e. North Korea] warned the South to halt military drills in the area, according to South Korean officials. When Seoul [i.e. South Korea] refused and began firing artillery into disputed waters, albeit away from the North Korean shore, the North retaliated by bombarding the small island of Yeonpyeong, which houses South Korean military installations....
And see this.

In addition, the two South Koreans killed were marines, not civilians, stationed in a military town.

Obviously, firing artillery into the water and actually killing people are very different, and I am in no way defending North Korea or its crazy leader. I am simply trying to point out that the headlines can't be taken in a vacuum.

http://georgewashington2.blogspot.com/2010/11/south-korea-fired-first-shots.html

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2010, 06:10:05 am »
The South has admitted to firing the first shots earlier this week. 
That was a U.S. insitigated attack.  The U.S. and S.K. intentionally poked the bear.

+1000

People are so totally brainwashed by the MSM that they no longer figure out the truth.

:o
E MARE LIBERTAS

T0RN

« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2010, 05:00:59 pm »
Defiant North Korea fires artillery warning shots

YEONPYEONG ISLAND, South Korea, Fri Nov 26, 04:32 PM
 North Korea warned Friday that planned U.S.-South Korean military drills are pushing the peninsula to the brink of war.

A defiant flash of North Korean artillery within sight of the island that it attacked this week sent a warning signal to Seoul and Washington: The North is not backing down.

The apparent military drill Friday came as the top U.S. commander in South Korea toured Yeonpyeong island to survey the wreckage from the rain of artillery three days earlier. As a U.S. nuclear-powered aircraft carrier headed toward the Yellow Sea for exercises next week with South Korea, the North warned that the joint maneuvers will push the Korean peninsula to the "brink of war."

South Korea's government, meanwhile, struggled to recoup from the surprise attacks that killed four people, including two civilians, and forced its beleaguered defense minister to resign Thursday. President Lee Myung-bak on Friday named a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to the post.

Tensions have soared between the Koreas since the North's strike Tuesday destroyed large parts of Yeonpyeong in a major escalation of their sporadic skirmishes along the disputed sea border.

The attack - eight months after a torpedo sank a South Korean warship, killing 46 sailors - has laid bare Seoul's weaknesses in defense 60 years after the Korean War. Lee has ordered reinforcements for the 4,000 troops on Yeonpyeong and four other Yellow Sea islands, as well as top-level weaponry and upgraded rules of engagement.

http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?fmId=50927199

Offline Nailer

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2010, 05:53:10 pm »

U.S.-South Korean Naval Drill Aimed Only at North Korea, Pentagon Assures China

Responding to China's first official protest over plans by the U.S. and South Korea to hold joint military exercises, the Pentagon assured the communist country Friday that the naval drill is aimed only at North Korea, Reuters reported.

The Pentagon also said that the U.S. military has routinely operated in waters off the Korean peninsula "for years," Reuters reported.

The exercise involves the aircraft carrier USS George Washington and is planned to happen on Sunday in the Yellow Sea.

Beijing's protest, in a statement from the Foreign Ministry Friday, was noticeably more restrained than when the U.S. announced similar plans, involving the same aircraft carrier
, in July.

"We hold a consistent and clear-cut stance on the issue," the statement quoted Hong Lei, a Foreign Ministry spokesman, as saying. "We oppose any party to take any military actions in our exclusive economic zone without permission."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/26/china-raises-concern-plan-hold-joint-military-exercises-south-korea/
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »
China criticises US Korea war games
China criticised US plans to hold war games off the coast of South Korea in the same terms used to rebuke North Korea after it bombarded a South Korean island on Tuesday killing four people.

China's refusal to condemn Kim Jong-il's regime for Tuesday's attack pointed to a deepening rift between China and the United States

Peter Foster
By Peter Foster, Beijing 4:41PM GMT 25 Nov 2010

China's foreign ministry said it was concerned after the US said it would send a carrier battle-group into the Yellow Sea.

"We oppose any act that undermines peace and stability on the (Korean) peninsula," said a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman, echoing the words of China's premier Wen Jiabao who urged "restraint" and an end to "provocative military acts" on all sides.

Kim Tae-young, South Korea's defence minister resigned after coming under intense criticism over the attack both from the public and within parliament.

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/8160176/China-criticises-US-Korea-war-games.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2010, 07:08:35 pm »
And all this is happening as the 2010 Asian Games open in Guangzhou China...reminiscent of the South Ossetia, Georgia false flag and the Beijing Olympics

Spectacular opening ceremony of the Asian Games 2010 in Guangzhou, China
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/picturegalleries/8129236/Spectacular-opening-ceremony-of-the-Asian-Games-2010-in-Guangzhou-China.html

~Aldous Huxley