Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific

Author Topic: Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific  (Read 79521 times)

Offline grapecrusher1

I am sorry to say that Polaris is dead to rights on this one. And the only thing keeping those pieces of shit in power is the fricking DMZ and the appeasements of Billions of dollars funneled from the US federal reserve + the European central banks through front companies like Hyundai directly to those intergenerational crew of psychopaths. The concentration camps in North Korea and the suffering would bring tears to Pope Innocent (and I do not say that lightly). It is an abomination and the only thing keeping it in place is the DMZ IMO.

We need to get the F out of there and NK will collapse on itself. South Korea can then do what they wanted to do for over 50 years...re-unify the fricking peninsula while there is an ounce of humanity left north of the border!

We need to stop sending bullshit New York Philharmonic Orchestras, Bill Richardson, Jimmy Carter, Al Gore's journalists, or Bill Clinton to save them from peril! We need to let South Korea defend themselves in the face of the most ruthless regime on the planet. And the ruthlessness is to their own people. Anyone who looks at the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps as a positive sign in the face of darkness cannot help but feel something similar when the Kim nutballs are finally out of power. The only thing keeping them in power is the US "boogyman" theory.

In Iran, the people are ousting Achmadinajad (another US/CFR/NATO puppet). Hopefully, natural forces in the peninsula will allow the locals to do the right thing with Kim Jung Il and his MK Ultra offspring trained to rule with the same insanity for the Bilderberg elite.

One of the glaring differences in the wars you mention is that there was no local concern with those imperialistic ventures for elite profiteers. South and North Korea are being divided purposefully, unnaturally, and by outside forces. It could be looked at like the years prior to unification between East and West Germany. Without the continued funding of East Germany, the wall was destined to come down.

I also agree with Polaris that as long as other countries stay out, there will be no WWIII. I would even go further to say that the sooner the unnatural evil scourge is dealt with as a fuse, locally, the less power it has to be used for the neocons/MIC's agenda as a way to spark WWIII.

Sure if there werent 38,000 american troops in South Korea alone constantly doing provactive exercises,  and all other powers stood aside in a non-interfering way, and the North Koreans didn't have nuclear weaponry and the means of delivering them, and for certain some hardcore biologicals, maybe then maybe there could be the scenario of a fair conventional fight which would still be extremely bloody and brutal.  Heck maybe we could just get both power structures to arm wrestle.

But that is as ridiculous as the whimsical musing that a conflict wouldn't turn into a conflagration.

One of the only "just" wars in my recollection was when the Vietnamese cleaned out the NWO Khmer Rouge and then turned around and went home -- didnt even loot Phnom Penh or demand compensation.  This is a dreamy scenario that is not reality based in hoping for in this Korean situation.

"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline Freeski

Paul speculated that the US military-industrial complex was, “Doing it deliberately, and sort of orchestrating this in order to have the military-industrial complex benefit and the dollar temporarily benefit.”

The question then is: "Would they do such a thing?" And the answer is, in their own words, "Yes". In fact, doing so is a matter of policy and nothing substantial in politics happens by chance.

So the next question is: "Why do we pull our hair out trying to inform the sheeple that "Yes, they do this kind of thing as part of their business as usual"? Just imagine how different it would be if people just woke up, read, studied history and thought for themselves. That's it, and they know it, and so they have all kinds of schemes to ensure we don't wake up, read, study history and think for ourselves. The perfect plan, and they have unlimited resources to keep it going for as long as we let them.

Here's a good article from 2003 about stuff like this being SOP.

Leo Strauss' Philosophy of Deception
http://www.alternet.org/story/15935/
May 19, 2003

Many neoconservatives like Paul Wolfowitz are disciples of a philosopher who believed that the elite should use deception, religious fervor and perpetual war to control the ignorant masses.

What would you do if you wanted to topple Saddam Hussein, but your intelligence agencies couldn't find the evidence to justify a war?

A follower of Leo Strauss may just hire the "right" kind of men to get the job done – people with the intellect, acuity, and, if necessary, the political commitment, polemical skills, and, above all, the imagination to find the evidence that career intelligence officers could not detect.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Sure if there werent 38,000 american troops in South Korea alone constantly doing provactive exercises,  

We have no money, we borrow from China to have troops in DMZ. WTF is that? How does that make sense?

and all other powers stood aside in a non-interfering way,

If US does not get involved, no other country can. One thing that Kuwait proved.

and the North Koreans didn't have nuclear weaponry and the means of delivering them, and for certain some hardcore biologicals,

They do not have anything which does not have a NATO/DoD receipt attached to it, a GPS, RFID, and KILL switch as well. You better believe it. They are a boogie man created out of the Pentagon to be used for distracting the slaves while conducting the most horrid crimes against humanity.

maybe then maybe there could be the scenario of a fair conventional fight which would still be extremely bloody and brutal.

South Korea would simply see the North implode into themselves. They had a chance in the past to take over during their last famine, but NATO said "NO! We need NK for geopolitical goals." Please try and learn about NK. It is worse than the Nazi death camps, it is intergenerational. Anyone who thinks that more philharmonic orchestras will help the millions conditioned to rampant canibalism and perpetual slavery is nuts.

Heck maybe we could just get both power structures to arm wrestle.

There is no dual power structure. There is a flourishing civilized democracy bordering a mass MK Ultra killing room.

But that is as ridiculous as the whimsical musing that a conflict wouldn't turn into a conflagration.

Obviously that is the main reason we are there, to use any conflict toward larger geopolitical Kissinger type sadistic goals. And that is a further reason why "we the people" should demand that we get the f out of there ASAP.

One of the only "just" wars in my recollection was when the Vietnamese cleaned out the NWO Khmer Rouge and then turned around and went home -- didnt even loot Phnom Penh or demand compensation.  This is a dreamy scenario that is not reality based in hoping for in this Korean situation.

And why not? They are brothers, they have more akin than Vietnamese did (granted the Vietnamese may have a higher moral standing). It would be like North Carolina being in a perpetual FEMA camp controlled by a handful of nuts and South Carolina looking at it every day for 50 years as an outside protective force stops any interaction.

Imagine what would happen if that outside force went away. It is natural, it is inevitable. It is also just my opinion.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline grapecrusher1

I know much more than the average about NK.

I doubt we really disagree on this fundamentally. 

This situation would be very ugly on any level should it escalate on any trajectory , whether it be the dreamy local war or otherwise.
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
I know much more than the average about NK.

I doubt we really disagree on this fundamentally.  

This situation would be very ugly on any level should it escalate on any trajectory , whether it be the dreamy local war or otherwise.

RE: words in bold...Absolutely, that is the entire purpose of our massive build up in NK. To stop any natural method of cooperation (according to Ron Paul, we are doing the exact same thing in Israel/Gaza, and I believe there is much evidence of this), control the provocations, and if any massive engagement were to transpire, that this would allow escalations that the MIC has been praying for.

I believe that if US troops get the hell out of there, even for a short period, this TRUMP CARD being held by the global elite will be rendered impotent. This is what I pray for. I do agree it may be pie in the sky, but the more broke we are, the less possibility we have to sustain such a global force. Eventually we will need to reel in the troops. Hopefully we can expose the globalist usurpers while there is still time to get our boys home in one piece to a country that still has an ounce of wealth.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page

US President Barack Obama pledges US to defend South Korea

* From correspondents in Washington
    * November 24, 2010 11:35AM

US President Barack Obama has pledged the US will defend South Korea after what the White House branded an outrageous attack by North Korea on its neighbour.

"South Korea is our ally. It has been since the Korean War," Mr Obama said in his first comments about the North Korean shelling of a South Korean island.

"And we strongly affirm our commitment to defend South Korea as part of that alliance."

The President, speaking to America's ABC News, would not speculate when asked about military options.

He was expected to telephone South Korean President Lee Myung-bak today, and he met into the evening with his top national security advisers to discuss next steps.

Mr Obama joined the meeting at the White House, after returning from a trip to Indiana, and was briefed on the fallout from Pyongyang's artillery assault on a South Korean island, officials said.

"The President reiterated the unshakeable support of the United States for our ally, the Republic of Korea, and discussed ways to advance peace and security on the Korean peninsula going forward," a White House statement said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/us-president-barack-obama-pledges-us-to-defend-south-korea/story-e6frfku0-1225960090888#ixzz169k9GWeD

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Freeski

RE: words in bold...Absolutely, that is the entire purpose of our massive build up in NK. To stop any natural method of cooperation (according to Ron Paul, we are doing the exact same thing in Israel/Gaza, and I believe there is much evidence of this), control the provocations, and if any massive engagement were to transpire, that this would allow escalations that the MIC has been praying for.

I believe that if US troops get the hell out of there, even for a short period, this TRUMP CARD being held by the global elite will be rendered impotent. This is what I pray for. I do agree it may be pie in the sky, but the more broke we are, the less possibility we have to sustain such a global force. Eventually we will need to reel in the troops. Hopefully we can expose the globalist usurpers while there is still time to get our boys home in one piece to a country that still has an ounce of wealth.

Well said!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Freeski

Manage the optics. That's all you need to do.

T0RN

US sees diplomatic, not military response to Korea

The United States denounced North Korea on Tuesday for what it called an outrageous attack on its close ally South Korea but sought a diplomatic rather than military response to one of the most serious military clashes between the Koreas in decades.

President Barack Obama met into the evening with his top national security advisers to discuss next steps, and emphasized his unshakable support for South Korea, the White House said. Obama was expected to telephone South Korean President Lee Myung-bak late Tuesday night.

Earlier, Defense Secretary Robert Gates phoned South Korea's defense minister to express sympathy for the deaths of two of the South's marines in the artillery shelling of a small South Korean island and to express appreciation "for the restraint shown to date" by the South's government, a Pentagon spokesman said.

Working to head off any escalation, the U.S. did not reposition any of its 29,000 troops in the South or make other military moves after North Korea fired salvos of shells into the island, setting off an artillery duel between the two sides.

More here

Offline citizenx

Manage the optics. That's all you need to do.
Perspective, I think, is the key here.

People can choose to make a war out of a(n) (engineered) skirmish -- or they can choose not to.

Offline Freeski

Perspective, I think, is the key here.

People can choose to make a war out of a(n) (engineered) skirmish -- or they can choose not to.

Yup, and I guess a big part of our job is to expose them as soon as possible.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page

Just out of general interest and for the record.

White House Schedule - Tuesday, November 23 2010 (All Times ET)
http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/complete

9:15 am

The President receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
Oval Office
Closed Press

9:55 am    
The President departs the White House en route Andrews Air Force Base
South Lawn
Open Press
Pre-set 9:25AM - Final Gather 9:40AM – North Doors of the Palm Room

10:10 am    
The President departs Andrews Air Force Base en route Peru, Indiana
Andrews Air Force Base
Travel Pool Coverage
Call Time 8:45AM – Virginia Gate, Andrews Air Force Base

11:45 am    
The President arrives in Peru, Indiana
Grissom Air Reserve Base
Open Press

1:20 pm    
The President and the Vice President tour the Chrysler Indiana Transmission Plant II
Chrysler Indiana Transmission Plant II, Indiana, Kokomo
Travel Pool Coverage

1:35 pm    
The President and the Vice President deliver remarks to workers
Chrysler Indiana Transmission Plant II, Indiana, Kokomo
Open Press

3:45 pm    
The President departs Peru, Indiana en route Andrews Air Force Base
Grissom Air Reserve Base
Open Press

5:10 pm    
The President arrives at Andrews Air Force Base
Andrews Air Force Base
Travel Pool Coverage

5:25 pm    
The President arrives at the White House
South Lawn

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Freeski

Not to mention the $500/hr for everyone involved in protecting the president.

Offline citizenx

Good thing I had to take my wife to the dentist yesterday.  I left school at 2:30 to do that.

The shelling started at 2:34.

Some teachers had to stay at their schools until 11, some until 1 a.m.

Here, they are gov't. officials and cannot leave their posts, so to speak.  Good thing my wife had a toothache!  (Don't tell my wife I said that.  ;))

Hopefully, no fighting today, knock on wood.

Offline veritaze

Vietnamese?  You mean Cambodians, right?

Offline Freeski

Be safe but stand for truth!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Vietnamese?  You mean Cambodians, right?

The Vietnamese rescued the Cambodian people from Kissinger's puppet...Pol Pot and his psycho torturing demons, the Khmer Rouge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian-Vietnamese_War

The Cambodian–Vietnamese War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh biên giới Việt Nam–Campuchia, literally Vietnam-Cambodia border war) refers to the 1978 invasion of Cambodia by the Vietnam People's Army, resulting in the removal of the Khmer Rouge regime from power and the establishment of the People's Republic of Kampuchea.[1] The conflict is also commonly referred to as the Third Indo-China War.[2] Under the Khmer Rouge’s rule from 1975-1979 the state was known as Democratic Kampuchea (DK).[3] The Kampuchean United Front for National Salvation was formed by a faction of the Khmer Rouge that trained in Vietnam and had been outlawed by Pol Pot in 1976 when he began searching for those to blame for the failing of his grandiose plan of an agrarian society.[4] The war ended the Cambodian genocide from 1975–1979 under the rule of Pol Pot who is considered more ruthless than any King in the history of Cambodia.[5]

It is in debate how "humanitarian" the ultimate goals were, but the results speak for themselves. They pillaged nothing, raped nothing. They did put a halt to any Chinese expansionist ideals (again put into the heads of the Chinese elite by Rockefeller/Kissinger). But, the methods of occupation and return are on record as a stark contrast to imperialist devouring of sovereign lands historically attributed to Western foreign policies.

Offline James Madison

Obama to consult with Seoul on response to North Korea

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AN01S20101124

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday he would consult with South Korea's president on a response to North Korea's artillery attack and declined to speculate on possible military action.

Obama also said that China, North Korea's only major ally, must communicate to Pyongyang that "there are a set of international rules they must abide by."

hmm this could get interesting...
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                                            -Benjamin Franklin-

T0RN

hmm this could get interesting...

Let's pray it doesn't.

Offline James Madison

Counsel on Foreign Relations/Rockefeller/Kissinger

http://www.cfr.org/publication/23492/north_koreas_escalating_aggression.html

Featured Briefing November 23, 2010

North Korea's Escalating Aggression

North Korea's strike on Yeonpyeong Island is part of a military escalation designed to strengthen the authority of leader-in-waiting Kim Jong-Un, say experts, and underscores Washington's frustrations with Pyongyang and Beijing.

Just days after delegations to North Korea confirmed that the country is expanding its nuclear capabilities with a new, 2000-centrifuge enrichment facility at Yongbyon, Pyongyang appears to be escalating hostilities with Seoul. South Korea placed its military on its highest non-wartime alert (BBC) on Tuesday, returning fire and scrambling F-16 fighters after North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells at Yeonpyeong Island in the Yellow Sea. More than sixty buildings on the border island were set ablaze. It was the first artillery strike on South Korean soil since the Korean War ended without a peace treaty in 1953. North Korea blamed South Korea for starting the incident (Xinhua) and claimed it was responding with "determined military measures."

Some analysts believe North Korea's provocations are linked to the leadership transfer underway (BBC), as ailing leader Kim Jong-Il passes the dynastic baton to his son Kim Jong-Un. In September, North Korea's ruling party held a rare congress in which Kim Jong-Un was given major roles in the party and the Central Military Commission. Recent belligerence and military posturing could be a way to bolster the authority of Kim Jong-Un (FT). Analysts have noted that the last handover of power in North Korea was also accompanied by a series of aggressive acts (Telegraph) intended to strengthen the new leader's relationship with the army. An internal power struggle in North Korea, between hardliners and reformists, is also thought to be underway, and could have sparked military action.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                                            -Benjamin Franklin-

Offline citizenx

Re: Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2010, 12:21:33 AM »
Why North Korea attack is not a crisis

By Joe Cirincione and Paul Carroll, Special to CNN
November 23, 2010 -- Updated 2248 GMT (0648 HKT)

Joe Cirincione, left, and Paul Carroll

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
North Korea's artillery barrage was serious, but this is not a crisis, say co-authors
They say the action fits pattern of North Korea's behavior and doesn't preclude progress
Revelation of a uranium enrichment plant doesn't signal escalation in its weapons capability, they say
U.S. needs to try economic and diplomatic measures to move ahead, they say
Editor's note: Paul Carroll and Joe Cirincione are program director and president of Ploughshares Fund, a global security foundation that seeks to make progress toward a world free of nuclear weapons. It funded last week's scientific delegation trip to North Korea.

(CNN) -- Headlines and pundits once again declare that we have a crisis on our hands in the wake of discovering that North Korea is building a new nuclear reactor and a uranium enrichment plant.

More ominously, Tuesday brought news of direct artillery barrages between North and South Korea, heightening tensions and costing lives. But as provocative and serious as this is, neither is a crisis. Both fit a clear pattern of North Korean behavior -- a pattern that ultimately holds out the opportunity for progress.

Unfortunately, so far the U.S. response also fits a pattern of rhetorical condemnation but little in the way of creative or effective engagement. Some key lessons need to be re-learned in light of these developments.

continued:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/11/23/carroll.cirincione.korea/index.html?hpt=C1

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Re: Artillery fire on Korean border coincides with Artillery Tests in the Pacific
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
KPA Supreme Command Issues Communique

November 23. 2010 Juch 99

Pyongyang, November 23 (KCNA) -- The Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army Tuesday released the following communique:

The south Korean puppet group perpetrated such reckless military provocation as firing dozens of shells inside the territorial waters of the DPRK side around Yonphyong Islet in the West Sea of Korea from 13:00 on Nov. 23 despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK while staging the war maneuvers for a war of aggression on it codenamed Hoguk, escalating the tension on the Korean Peninsula.

The above-said military provocation is part of its sinister attempt to defend the brigandish "northern limit line," while frequently infiltrating its naval warships into the territorial waters of the DPRK side under the pretext of "intercepting fishing boats."

The revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK standing guard over the inviolable territorial waters of the country took such decisive military step as reacting to the military provocation of the puppet group with a prompt powerful physical strike.

It is a traditional mode of counter-action of the army of the DPRK to counter the firing of the provocateurs with merciless strikes.

Should the south Korean puppet group dare intrude into the territorial waters of the DPRK even 0.001 mm, the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK will unhesitatingly continue taking merciless military counter-actions against it.

It should bear in mind the solemn warning of the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK that they do not make an empty talk.

There is in the West Sea of Korea only the maritime military demarcation line set by the DPRK.

Copyright (C) KOREA NEWS SERVICE(KNS) All Rights Reserved.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

NOTE

November 23. 2010 Juch 99

DPRK, China Sign Agreement on Economic and Technical Cooperation
Pyongyang, November 23 (KCNA) -- An inter-governmental agreement on economic and technical cooperation was signed between the DPRK and China in Pyongyang Tuesday.

Present at the signing ceremony were Vice-Minister of Foreign Trade Ku Pon Thae and officials concerned from the DPRK side and the members of a Chinese government economic and trade delegation headed by Vice-Minister of Commerce Wang Hemin and Wang Zhilin, economic and commercial councilor of the Chinese embassy here, from the opposite side.

Ku Pon Thae and Wang Hemin inked the agreement.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Guns Equal Freedom

« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »
South Korea admits first strike:

S.Korea says it test-fired in area before N.Korea firing
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTOE6AM05P20101123
SEOUL | Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:27am EST

Nov 23 (Reuters) - South Korea said it was conducting regular military drills off the west coast before North Korea started firing dozens of shells, but that its firing exercises did not aim to the North. "We were conducting usual military drills and our test shots were aimed toward the west, not the north," a South Korean military official said. North Korea said on Tuesday that Seoul had initiated firing of shells, prompting it to take an instant military action.

I come here just to learn stuff like this when The Mainstream Media makes a big deal about something.

The news only wants people to hear and see what they want.

Just like the Natalee Holloway Case.

They found jaw bones on the beach that could have been Natalee Holloway's Jew Bones, but when they found it wasn't Natalee Holloway's Jaw Bones, they never said, "if they aren't Natalee Holloway's Bones, then who's jaw bones are they then".

The Mainstream News doesn't want you start thinking outside the box they want you be in.
A Peaceful Anarchy would be like Utopia, but a Minarchy is reality.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2010, 01:46:51 AM »
Twin Aims of Yeonpyeong Island Assault

DailyNK
By Kim Yong Hun
[2010-11-23 22:01 ]      

Experts on North Korea have painted this afternoon’s North Korean attack on Yeonpyeong Island as a drastic attempt to generate dialogue with the U.S.

President of the Sejong Institute Song Dae Sung told The Daily NK in a phone interview, “North Korea’s extreme action can be seen as a threat by which to generate dialogue with President Obama,” and added, “Even though they displayed centrifuges through which they could produce uranium weapons, there was no change in the U.S. attitude, so they carried out the attack on us.”

Kim Yeon Su, a professor with Korean National Defense University, explained, “Even though the uranium enrichment program was shown off recently, an atmosphere for dialogue was not created, so this is to get through the current situation by generating a crisis on the Korean Peninsula.”

Cho Myung Cheol, a researcher with Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, interpreted, “North Korea committed this provocation in order to strengthen internal solidarity for the stability of the succession system and particularly to show off internationally that there are no problems in the succession.”

On the succession system, Professor Kim agreed, saying, “Since there have been criticisms of the succession system and public opinion has become unstable in the process of the establishment of the Kim Jong Eun succession, the North attacked the South in order to cover for its internal instability.”

Meanwhile, another analysis has it that North Korea wants to lead the South towards an appeasement policy by raising inter-Korean and military conflict.

An anonymous expert on diplomacy and security said, “It was to report that the Lee Myung Bak administration’s policy on North Korea has failed by sending a warning to the South, ‘It is up to South Korea’ to choose either war or peace.”

http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?cataId=nk00400&num=7050

~Aldous Huxley

Offline citizenx

« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2010, 01:48:03 AM »
Eh, just some poor Aruban girl's jawbone, apparently.  Heaven forbid, people should be just as concerned about the possible murder of some total stranger IN THE THIRD WORLD.

Not Natalee's jawbone.  Sorry to wake you America.  Go back to sleep, now.

(We'll let your know when we found the real one.)

Good point, guns.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2010, 01:53:22 AM »
Aircraft carrier headed for Korea

A US aircraft carrier headed toward the Korean peninsula on Wednesday, a day after North Korea launched dozens of artillery shells on a South Korean island.

The nuclear-powered USS George Washington, which carries 75 warplanes and has a crew of over 6,000, left a naval base south of Tokyo on Wednesday morning and would join exercises with South Korea from Sunday to the following Wednesday, US officials in Seoul said.

Read more: US aircraft carrier heads for Korean waters - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/US-aircraft-carrier-heads-for-Korean-waters-/articleshow/6980202.cms#ixzz16BF5ZJMC

Original post
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=193107.0;topicseen

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/US-aircraft-carrier-heads-for-Korean-waters-/articleshow/6980202.cms#ixzz16B2MT2c2

"When word of a crisis breaks out in Washington, it's no accident that
the first question that comes to everyone's lips is: 'Where's the nearest carrier?'"

President Bill Clinton
March 12, 1993

CVN-73 George Washington
25Jul-28Jul2010,
    combined alliance maritime and air readiness exercise
    "Invincible Spirit"
    in the seas east of the Korean peninsula

28Jul2010,
completed "Invincible Spirit"

http://www.gonavy.jp/CVLocation.html

~Aldous Huxley

« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2010, 02:00:39 AM »
Back to topic of thread.

If The United States and Chinese are smart, being they have a weird relationship anyway with selling exports to each other, but still technically being enemies, also. China is just that big. You need to tame that wild beast before it gets lose on The World.

The United States and China should make a deal to split North Korea with South Korean after South Korea goes to war with them again, or technically just continuing the same war since The Korean War started in 1950.

« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2010, 02:05:02 AM »
Aircraft carrier headed for Korea

A US aircraft carrier headed toward the Korean peninsula on Wednesday, a day after North Korea launched dozens of artillery shells on a South Korean island.

The nuclear-powered USS George Washington, which carries 75 warplanes and has a crew of over 6,000, left a naval base south of Tokyo on Wednesday morning and would join exercises with South Korea from Sunday to the following Wednesday, US officials in Seoul said.

Read more: US aircraft carrier heads for Korean waters - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/US-aircraft-carrier-heads-for-Korean-waters-/articleshow/6980202.cms#ixzz16BF5ZJMC

Original post
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=193107.0;topicseen

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/US-aircraft-carrier-heads-for-Korean-waters-/articleshow/6980202.cms#ixzz16B2MT2c2

Now, this is the part that gets more interesting.

Offline James Madison

« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2010, 02:07:16 AM »
Fox News terrorism ‘expert’: Act ‘like a superpower’ and attack North Korea

By Diana Sweet
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 -- 11:33 pm

Michael Scheuer, a Fox News 'terrorism expert,' during a discussion on Fox and Friends this evening called for the U.S. to act "like a superpower," and "destroy" North Korea's Navy.

While discussing North Korea's attack on a South Korean island, Scheuer also said that the U.S. should have attacked North Korea "months ago" when "they sank that North Korean or South Korean boat."

Host Brian Kilmeade begins by asking, "Michael, first off, what message did North Korea send, and what message can we send back as the chief ally to South Korea, this morning after they sent fire into that island last night?"

cont. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/fox-news-terrorism-expert-act-like-superpower-attack-north-korea/

Looks like the warmongering has begun...
                                                            -Benjamin Franklin-

Offline citizenx

« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2010, 02:13:58 AM »
The Geo. Washington was supposed to take part in a drill on the exact location where the Cheonan was sunk, but that exercise was delayed/post-poned because it was believed that that would have been to provocative at the time (several months ago).  Are they getting ready to park it like a sitting duck right there again?  Are they getting ready to make another USS Cole out of the Geo.Washington? What exactly do they plan on doing with it?  Doubtless they will send it into the Yellow Sea, near the NLL where the drills took place and where the shelling occured.  This is madness.   If it is not a set-up for a (another) false-flag attack (like the Cole, Cheonan, Liberty etc.) it is a way of putting a big enough chip on our shoulders that the North Koreans are almost certain to try to knock it off, and it may not be nearly as invulnerable as the folks back in D.C. think (or do they just think carriers are expendable now?)

My suggestion:  abort, abort, abort!

Oh, and Scheuer -- if you like eternal war so much, go to Israel finally and get your fill.

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2010, 04:16:50 AM »
This is madness.   If it is not a set-up for a (another) false-flag attack (like the Cole, Cheonan, Liberty etc.) it is a way of putting a big enough chip on our shoulders that the North Koreans are almost certain to try to knock it off, and it may not be nearly as invulnerable as the folks back in D.C. think (or do they just think carriers are expendable now?)

My suggestion:  abort, abort, abort!

It seems obvious that the US are looking for confrontation between the two Koreas and will push for it.

NK are the US useful idiot (idiot utile).
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline citizenx

« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2010, 04:18:47 AM »
Well, we didn't help them get those nukes for no reason. ;)

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2010, 04:20:38 AM »
Well, we didn't help them get those nukes for no reason. ;)

Please keep us informed of the situation as it is.
I don't trust any of the media to tell us the truth.

I am following this closely.

E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline citizenx

« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2010, 04:33:47 AM »
Well, really most of the time I don't have any special knowledge.  I'm a teacher here.  Spend most of my day in classes or with my family at home.  I don't watch a lot of TV news here, and get most of my news from a lot of the same sources y'all do.

I wish my co-workers were more interested in what's happening, but they are like a lot of American workers in that regard -- too busy or not interested enough in matters "political".  Lao Tzu said, "Time is a created thing.  To say you don't have time is really to say you don't want to do something."

Whatever I find out or hear, I'll definitely share here though.

Bottom line, I agree with a lot of the posters here.  We (U.S.) provoked this one with our joint exercises/artillery drills.  We are still in command of military forces on the peninsula, in fact, hand-over of command has recently been postponed.  It was to take place in 2012.  So, we did have the final say so.  The South Koreans did not just choose unilaterally to poke the bear (antagonize Pukan).

You lob enough shells near the North Koreans and they are going to lob some back and they don't just take warning shots.  That's how it is.  Everyone knows this.  Not rocket science.

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2010, 04:38:36 AM »
I see a lot of people are advocating the use of tactical nukes to destroy the NK equipment.
This is crasy IMO. It would most probably trigger a large scale conflict.
I doubt China and Russia would comply and say "Amen" if the US/SK ever did this.
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2010, 04:47:41 AM »
I see a lot of people are advocating the use of tactical nukes to destroy the NK equipment.
This is crasy IMO. It would most probably trigger a large scale conflict.
I doubt China and Russia would comply and say "Amen" if the US/SK ever did this.

who the f**k is saying use tactical nukes?

Offline Ruth

« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2010, 04:51:58 AM »
Is this real world or exercise?

Interesting question.  I was wondering why no governments the world over had asked: "Which nitwit started this?  Who gave the order?" Of course it would be very hard for an Asian nation to 'own upto' some silly fool starting a war, as they do have a lot of trouble being honest when circumstances dictate that 'saving face' should be seen as more important

Its a cultural thing.

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2010, 05:03:42 AM »
who the f**k is saying use tactical nukes?

25-35 age range US forces service men. Crazy.
Seems that these blood thirsty dudes never have enough - they always want more wars.

:o
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2010, 05:18:55 AM »
25-35 age range US forces service men. Crazy.
Seems that these blood thirsty dudes never have enough - they always want more wars.

:o

Do they know what a tactical nuke is? DU ain't nothing compared to so caled "tactical" nukes.

I believe there is a 100% ban on use of nukes under international treaties.

I also believe that Obama recently signed onto new treaties which allowed some exceptions. Congress is not agreeing with the new treaty so far.