PrisonPlanet Forum
April 17, 2014, 06:32:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conplan 3501/3502 Exposed - SECRET US PLANS FOR DOMESTIC MILITARY CRACKDOWN  (Read 26715 times)
HongPong

« on: November 21, 2010, 04:12:30 AM »

Hey everyone please check this out right away! I found new evidence of CONPLAN3502 - please check it out!! I tried to send it into the AJ crew but no answer right now (sorry to spam yr forums but I *gotta* flag this)... My quick video explanation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaacTx9oi1A

http://tc.indymedia.org/2010/nov/tc-indymedia-exclusive-secret-trigger-blueprint-emergency-domestic-military-crackdown-plan-
http://hongpong.com/archives/2010/11/20/tc-indymedia-exclusive-secret-trigger-blueprint-emergency-domestic-military-crac
National Level Exercise 2011 docs found on Army Corps fileserver prove upgrade for Secret 'Civil Disturbance Operations CONPLAN 3502' the Master Pentagon Blueprint for RNC/G20 Lockdowns, Policing Disasters & More

By Dan Feidt for Twin Cities Indymedia — Digital presentations posted on an Army Corps of Engineers server, about military operations in a giant FEMA-simulated earthquake drill called National Level Exercise 2011, inadvertently reveal crucial new info about another 'Secret' Pentagon plan, Northcom CONPLAN 3502, including the “trigger” for domestic military 'Civil Disturbance Operations.' CONPLAN 3502 and CONPLAN 3501, 'Defense Support of Civil Authorities,' are the two main military plans used to design the Pentagon's 'footprint' at National Special Security Events like the 2008 Republican National Convention.

Exactly as the Pennsylvania National Guard took over the G20 protester jail operation, other docs show 'Secret' CONPLAN 3502 specifically plans for military-operated detention and search operations within our country. In context, the new material is the most troubling I have ever discovered, and proves anew that underneath Constitutional limited government, a more brutal martial framework is secretly, constantly, extending its reach. DHS/FEMA doesn't like it at all when NLEs get publicized so check it out right away. Full URLs below.
citizenx

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:03:09 AM »

Wonder what level of CivCon we are at right now?

Very interesting stuff.  Good work newbie.
Kilika

Thank you Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 06:48:51 AM »

They are a crafty lot that's for sure. They think it's some kind of legal move to have the military provide "material response" to national civil events, which is actually the job of the militia within a given state, not the standing army. But their little unconstitutional trick is to name the National Guard the militia, all the while coopting them under the command of the regular army, thus "federlizing" them. That's the key; federalize. That's how the federal government takes control of a situation by "federalizing" non-federal agencies.

And they wrap it all up under the umbrella of "national emergency", which they try to justify via their illegal laws they passed such as the Patriot Act, etc. All of which is under the ruse of a "war on terror". Their mentality is that a war has completely different legal issues, very different, and makes the military the lead, whereas if it were a civil matter such as a crime of murder, that would be a police action, and not one of war, and would block the military's involvement in any way domestically. The so-called war on terror would instead be headed up by the Attorney General, and not the Executive Branch and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

It's no wonder they didn't get any convictions on the recent terror suspect, other than one charge. It's because the guy was taken into custody under the rules of engagement, a military action, and not arrested for a crime, and so evidence-gathering, interrogations, etc are totally legally different, and then they try to convict him in a civil criminal court? Not going to happen.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)
Anti_Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 07:11:11 AM »

They are a crafty lot that's for sure. They think it's some kind of legal move to have the military provide "material response" to national civil events, which is actually the job of the militia within a given state, not the standing army. But their little unconstitutional trick is to name the National Guard the militia, all the while coopting them under the command of the regular army, thus "federlizing" them. That's the key; federalize. That's how the federal government takes control of a situation by "federalizing" non-federal agencies.

And they wrap it all up under the umbrella of "national emergency", which they try to justify via their illegal laws they passed such as the Patriot Act, etc. All of which is under the ruse of a "war on terror". Their mentality is that a war has completely different legal issues, very different, and makes the military the lead, whereas if it were a civil matter such as a crime of murder, that would be a police action, and not one of war, and would block the military's involvement in any way domestically. The so-called war on terror would instead be headed up by the Attorney General, and not the Executive Branch and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

It's no wonder they didn't get any convictions on the recent terror suspect, other than one charge. It's because the guy was taken into custody under the rules of engagement, a military action, and not arrested for a crime, and so evidence-gathering, interrogations, etc are totally legally different, and then they try to convict him in a civil criminal court? Not going to happen.
Outstandingly well worded,  You hit the nail on the head with a freight train.  This is the culmination of all the shit that the real terrorists at RAND corporation and the CSIS have engineered for decades.
HongPong

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 06:35:31 PM »

Thanks for the interest guys! If there is anywhere else to push this out to let me know!
XeNoHighspeed

Soldier

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:47:53 AM »

Northcom always ready for everything

It is this soldiers option that NORTHCOM is more or less controlled by the political party and less by the Military.

We (the Military) have always had Civil disobedience counter measures since everyone knows how humans would behave upon learning of a national catastrophe level event. This became more evident after the movie the Day After and (if you remember) the  many TV shows that are so realistic that they have to prompt banners explaining that What you are watching is not real. Radio shows like War of the worlds, And other TV shows that are so real that they require banners to let the viewer know what they are seeing in fiction. I saw one in 95, I don't remember the name But my grandma called me and asked what was going on as a news channel played a key role  in advising people to take cover a an asteroid was in coming.
I think these are social experiments so that the powers that be know how people would react and how to prepare for that reaction.
I don't think it is right but again we (soldiers who march top a differant beat and don't answer to a typical chain of command) must be prepared to help the public as we are trained to organize, train, negotiate, and prepare for those who just follow orders blindly and will walk a mind filed if ordered.
Please don't think that we are all bad if I come to house I am coming to warn and this will be noted as my rifle will be slung. So remember that. If a soldier ever approaches one home in a disaster you will know the good one who first announces themselves, weapon slung, unit is pulling security as one individual approaches with food or water.

A very big majority of us take our jobs to uphold and defend the constitution VERY serious. Nobody i know has ever joined to harm any fellow American.
citizenx

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 04:22:39 AM »

Dec

17:28
MUST READ: SECRET US PLANS FOR DOMESTIC MILITARY CRACKDOWN LEFT UNGUARDED, FOUND BY INDYMEDIA
By: femalefaust
Tags: COVER-UP/DECEPTIONS/PROPAGANDA CURRENT EVENTS DICTATORSHIP GULF OIL DISASTER HIDDEN HISTORY PROTESTS/REVOLUTION RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS TORTURE/WAR CRIMES WAR/DRAFT/VETERAN AFFAIRS WHITE HOUSE WMD
This scoop on the Military Industrial Complex is about as good -- and terrifying -- as it gets.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

http://whatreallyhappened.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secret Plans for Domestic Military Crackdown Published by Mistake

I would have been skeptical too, upon reading such a headline -- had I not come across this absolute gem on Cryptome.

Sitting down? Why don't you get something to drink, make yourself comfortable, forget about going anywhere for a while. Smoke 'em
if you got 'em. Better yet, make sure there is room on your hard drive or server. Send off a few emails and tweets. This Indymedia scoop on the Military Industrial Complex is about as good -- and terrifying -- as it gets.

Secret 'Trigger'

& blueprint for

emergency

domestic

military

crackdown

plan revealed

An Exclusive Twin Cities IndyMedia Scoop:

PLEASE VISIT THE INDYMEDIA LINK TO SELECT TEXT.
THANK YOU.

my snapshot of the page was disabled.

Um,

Be seeing you.

http://femalefaust.blogspot.com/2010/12/secret-plans-for-domestic-military.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TC Indymedia Exclusive: Secret 'Trigger' & blueprint for emergency domestic military crackdown plan revealed

Submitted by TCIMC on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 15:31
National Level Exercise 2011 docs found on Army Corps fileserver prove upgrade for Secret 'Civil Disturbance Operations CONPLAN 3502' the Master Pentagon Blueprint for RNC/G20 Lockdowns, Policing Disasters & More

By Dan Feidt for Twin Cities Indymedia — Digital presentations posted on an Army Corps of Engineers server, about military operations in a giant FEMA-simulated earthquake drill called National Level Exercise 2011, inadvertently reveal crucial new info about another 'Secret' Pentagon plan, Northcom CONPLAN 3502, including the “trigger” for domestic military 'Civil Disturbance Operations.' CONPLAN 3502 and CONPLAN 3501, 'Defense Support of Civil Authorities,' are the two main military plans used to design the Pentagon's 'footprint' at National Special Security Events like the 2008 Republican National Convention.

Exactly as the Pennsylvania National Guard took over the G20 protester jail operation, other docs show 'Secret' CONPLAN 3502 specifically plans for military-operated detention and search operations within our country. In context, the new material is the most troubling I have ever discovered, and proves anew that underneath Constitutional limited government, a more brutal martial framework is secretly, constantly, extending its reach. DHS/FEMA doesn't like it at all when NLEs get publicized so check it out right away. Full URLs below.

New Video explanation! Below the fold: CONPLAN 3502 & Garden Plot - 40 years of domestic military plans in context - G20 Pennsylvania Military Operations - Real structure of National Special Security Events - CONPLAN 3501 Designs Gulf Oil Spill Response & Media Spin -

The Big Break: FEMA NLE Regional Readiness Workshop files (indexed on Google)
The NLE2011 presentations & material show a domestic military command system that's accelerated quite a bit since the 1960s. The new documents are in these directories & URLS - all from a planning meeting in March called the Regional Readiness Workshop (RRW).

Google "USARNORTH CONPLAN 3501" and it should take you directly to http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=usarnorth+conplan+3501

...This is the key presentation! https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/RSC/NewMadrid/Document%20Library/1/11.%20FINAL%20ARNORTH_Dovey_NMSZ%20RRW.ppt

You have to 'accept security certificate' i.e. bad encryption, for your browser to connect to it. [I think this is one reason no one has noticed!] The rest of the files can be located at URLS like

https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/RSC/NewMadrid/Document%20Library - The whole filestash for the New Madrid Seismic Zone National Level Exercise 2011 Regional Readiness Workshop. This has the index for the other RRW presentations. (All interesting)

The notes in here portray a FEMA & emergency management system in confusion, overall an alarming state of earthquake preparation for a New Madrid Seismic Zone event. The 11th presentation, from US Army North, was apparently never given due to time constraint (See 'After Action Report'). Don't miss the presentation which maps out which fiber optic cables that would snap in a New Madrid epic heartland earthquake!

Presentation #11 is about CONPLAN 3501, the sunny-faced all-sized military program working between FEMA and NORTHCOM to set up joint commands. It's the same plan as the Gulfwater Horizon Joint Command (more below). They put out a happy 400-page DSCA handbook recently to lay out the nice Joint Task Force / Northcom disaster civil support logistics stuff. No riot control gear suggested in 3501. No checkpoints, etc.

But seemingly accidentally, an entirely different intro notes annotation or text was left in the Army's title slide.

Chilling stuff / details below: the notes show incremental updates to the ultimate “bad cop” Northcom mega-plan, CONPLAN 3502, with the apparent approval of US 5th Army Chief of Staff Richard Francey. CONPLAN3502 is the replacement for the post 1960s Army lockdown plan, GARDEN PLOT. So this note gives us a new totally concrete view of the Army's recent 'Changelog' of the same damn plan that's been there all along – yeah, it includes military detention centers for US citizens, other official material proves.

The rest of the URLS worth checking out, besides the RRW folder:

Reference materials here:

https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/EmergencyManagement/default.aspx
https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/EmergencyManagement/Shared%20Documents/Forms/DOD%20and%20Army%20Regulations%20and%20Directives.aspx

1994 version of domestic ops (dod 3025.1) manual here, not seen elsewhere?

https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/EmergencyManagement/Shared%20Documents/DoD%203025.1M.pdf

Calendar has training events etc :

https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/RSC/Lists/Calendar/DispForm.aspx?ID=479&Source=https%3A%2F%2Feportal%2Eusace%2Earmy%2Emil%2Fsites%2FRSC%2FLists%2FCalendar%2FCalendar%20RSC%2Easpx%3FCalendarDate%3D12%252F18%252F2010
https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/RSC/trainingexer/Civil/level1/default.aspx
https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/RSC/trainingexer/Civil/level1/Pages/ConOps.aspx  

Some files are like this - in segments, you can get them together with a ZIP app

https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/SLS2010/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsites%2FENGLink%2FSLS2010%2FShared%20Documents%2FNYC%20Pres&View=

Check into these folders - they have FEMA reportbacks - the Senior Leadership Seminar 2010:

https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/SLS2010/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?

Local emergency managers freakin out over giga-planfail. For Public Safety concerns this is just grim :

https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/SLS2010/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsites%2fENGLink%2fSLS2010%2fShared%20Documents%2fBO1&FolderCTID=
https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/SLS2010/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsites%2fENGLink%2fSLS2010%2fShared%20Documents%2fBO3&FolderCTID=
https://eportal.usace.army.mil/sites/ENGLink/SLS2010/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsites%2fENGLink%2fSLS2010%2fShared%20Documents%2fBO2&FolderCTID=

I think that covers all the interesting folders.

To understand where CONPLAN 3502 & the new info fits, we have to briefly go back to its roots, back to Kent State and the riots of the 1960s - now these plans are core to the domestic military system's new generation.

Quick History - From GARDEN PLOT & Kent State to (S)ecret 3502, NORTHCOM & More

The US Northern Command, NORTHCOM, near Colorado Springs & the post-Cold War NORAD command center, was set up in 2002 as a Department of Defense counterpart to the Department of Homeland Security. NORTHCOM is a global 'combatant command' with responsibility for all of North America, like CENTCOM handles the Middle East, EUCOM Europe, AFRICOM Africa, etc. (By the way, PACOM, the Pacific Command, has 'CONPLAN 7502' setup for Asian Civil Disturbance Operations - i.e. almost certainly ready-to-go on US bases during the Seoul G20).

CONPLANs are Concept of Operations Plans, basically abstract templates, around 200 to 300 pages long in some cases, which can be turned into OPLANs, specific local operations plans. Other operations like exercises (exercise orders or EXORDs) can be generated from CONPLANs as well. CONPLANs are numbered in sets for each combatant command - NORTHCOM got the 2500s and 3500s, PACOM the 7500s etc.

Before NORTHCOM, the US military labeled its plans differently. The urban riots of the 1960s prompted the blue-ribbon Kerner Commission to recommend a more coherent approach for the military to intervene in domestic emergencies. So the Pentagon secretly drafted and deployed 'GARDEN PLOT,' also known as Plan 55-2.

Four versions of GARDEN PLOT have been released recently via FOIA. (More @ globalsecurity.org) At the US Social Forum this summer, an activist attorney who's been dealing with west coast military ops said to me that they thought GARDEN PLOT was 'just a conspiracy theory' all those years, but of course it turned out to be very real.

GARDEN PLOT laid out the National Guard plan at the Watts Riots, the 1968 Democratic National Convention, the LA Riots and Kent State. Just like 3502, it kept getting revised after every 'lab test' on Americans. It's really the main foundation, and in the 1980s infamous Oliver North-related tests like REX84 and in California, Louis Guifrida's CABLE SPLICER were essentially GARDEN PLOT type exercises, with Pentagon & FEMA-based communications & control.

An early-1990s domestic operations manual was also on USACE server, so it shows the pre-NORTHCOM/DHS way the Pentagon & FEMA were connected.

Once tiny authorities & connections have grown into bureaucracies with thousands of operatives & staff. GARDEN PLOT was last modified in 1996, and in 2002 it was replaced with CONPLAN3502. That's the main idea-what's new here is the latest revision info & the “trigger”.

CONPLAN 3502 = GARDEN PLOT For 21st Century Military Control Ops in America

NORTHCOM has now set a whole series of CONPLANs. One particularly creepy one, CONPLAN 3591, the master plan for Influenza Pandemic operations, (PDF) has already been published but heavily redacted. Skimming 3591 illustrates the deeply spooky and exhaustive nature of CONPLANS – not to mention the bulk, more than 250 pages with many annexes!

CONPLAN 3502 is, at a minimum, the classified (S)ecret NORTHCOM replacement for GARDEN PLOT – this means it replaces the major secret Army domestic crackdown plan of the 20th Century. Careful comparison of all official CONPLAN 3502 references with the GARDEN PLOT editions – dating from the 1960s to 1996 – proves that certain features like “Civil Disturbance Conditions” or CIDCONs are in both. CIDCONs are a stages of readiness for an Army units with Civil Disturbance gear to fly out to US cities. (Like this set of Army gear eerily advertised right now on the Metrodome - a pic from the 2008RNC!)

GARDEN PLOT lists Army staging areas or 'bases' for domestic military operations such as the military fields by the Minneapolis/St Paul International Airport, which is exactly where they staged to crush the Highway 55 Coldwater resistance protest camp in 2002. The 'bases' are key to understanding what turned up.

There they were, already indexed on Google for “NLE 2011” and “USARNORTH CONPLAN 3501” etc - files on the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) server. Inside the NLE2011 Powerpoint slides from US Army North, the 5th Army under NORTHCOM, supposed to just be about CONPLAN 3501, 'Defense Support of Civil Authorities' which includes all big disasters, hurricanes, earthquakes etc.

Instead the title slide's 'notes' or annotation field has a whole bunch of explanation about CONPLAN 3502 including Army revisions and 'base' changes! This must have been accidentally left within the PowerPoint - as almost nothing else references 3502. It proves the 5th Army Chief of Staff is approving refinements to 3502, apparently (by the date) after they deployed it in Pittsburgh.

This proves beyond the shadow of a doubt a Colonel Francey, i.e. Chief of Staff (CofS) Richard Francey of the US 5th Army, influenced the revisions to CONPLAN 3502 - it proves where this thing is getting tweaked.

Why is this here? The military is choked by transmitting all its material in PowerPoints, and soldiers are constantly throwing presentations together from existing slides, so it's no surprise the presentation about approving revisions to CONPLAN 3502 leached into the CONPLAN 3501/NLE2011 Earthquake presentation. According to meeting notes this presentation was never actually given as they ran out of time – the actual National Level Exercise 2011 planning conference process seemed quite messy in execution.

Another major CONPLAN 3502 fact was included to be presented, no less than the “TRIGGER” condition itself. A slide with very pixellated layout (via MS Paint?) shows the “3502 TRIGGER = CDO EXCEDES T32 CAPIBILITIES” [sic]. Civil Disturbance Operations exceed Title 32 Capabilities, it seems likely, a reference to the different sections of US Code delineating domestic military operations authorities.

There it is, one heck of a droid many have been looking for. But let's look for further reference hooks to codes of martial law-like behavior. Turns out there are plenty.

Cross Reference: CONPLAN 3502 Outlining Domestic Searches, Crowd Control & Detention Facilities Match Pittsburgh G20 Terrors

The frightening dimension of what must be contained in the full version of CONPLAN 3502 is indicated by footnotes in a manual for Judge Advocate Generals and military lawyers - Chapter 5 of the Domestic Operational Law Handbook. (PDF 3MB)

The entire JAG manual is frightening, really, for anyone that assures themselves the Posse Comitatus Act really restricts domestic military operations.

A series of footnotes authoritatively point to USNORTHCOM CONPLAN 3502 as containing everything from handling insurance claims to domestic military-controlled detention facilities, and domestic military searches and seizures. Yes, really. (And no one seems to have noticed!)

The same conditions described in JAG manual sections footnoted to CONPLAN 3502 happened in the 2009 G20 Conference in Pittsburgh, in particular military detention operations at the Allegheny County Jail, and fully armored-up riot control style crowd control.

Here are some key supporting references from Ch 5:

Here's a part about CONPLAN3502 and citizens detained by the military:

And well, just look at all these footnote references... Clearly the authoritative source for p99 (PDF #116) - which includes Riot Control Agents and civilian detainment.

The G20 was a military-supported National Special Security Event (NSSE) like the 2008 Republican National Convention. CONPLAN 3501, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities” is described in some docs as the basis for NSSE plans, since it provides the planning template for the 'Joint Information Center' and 'Multi Agency Communications Center' structures. But CONPLAN 3501 doesn't include aggressive military-backed crowd control or anything beyond – thus, the harsher military planning elements seen at the G20 must actually spring from CONPLAN 3502 or similiar & related plans.

Military Intelligence gathering on Americans is another topic addressed in the JAG manual – but until we see the full text of CONPLAN 3502 the full truth won't be known about this. If major disasters happen, a mixture of CONPLAN 3501-based command and CONPLAN3502-based repression would be one likely pattern if there's an aggressive military reaction.

continued:

http://tc.indymedia.org/2010/nov/tc-indymedia-exclusive-secret-trigger-blueprint-emergency-domestic-military-crackdown-plan-

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VTqHlCUsEYIJ:tc.indymedia.org/2010/nov/tc-indymedia-exclusive-secret-trigger-blueprint-emergency-domestic-military-crackdown-plan-+http://tc.indymedia.org/2010/nov/tc-indymedia-exclusive-secret-trigger-blueprint-emergency-domestic-military-crackdown-plan-&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will save more of this to Prison Planet Forum when I have the time!
reddog801

MOLON LABE!

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 04:42:21 AM »

WOW! A lot to read there and I guess we already knew about the Military Industrial Complex, now the plot just thickened! Thanks for the link.

Eric
We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.  ~William Faulkner

Twitter: exposingamerika.
Exposing AmericaWebsite : http://exposingamerica.info
citizenx

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 05:09:47 AM »

You're welcome.

Good to hear from you.

Yup, the rabbit hole goes pretty deep.  I think NLE11 is going to be a mother from what I can see here, and I think there is a good chance that it is going to go live in terms of the police state, and broadened martial law, Which we have already experienced on the local level in places and for which TSA harassment and molestation were both preparation and testing.
Dig
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 05:16:58 AM »

NORAD and NORTHCOM Operations Plans Summary
http://publicintelligence.net/norad-and-northcom-operations-plans-summary/
August 4, 2009 in U.S. Northern Command

U.S. Northern Command
BG Bob Felderman, Deputy Director J, Plans, Policy & Strategy
26 pages
For Official Use Only
September 30, 2009

NORAD Missions

• Aerospace Warning: Detect, validate, characterize, assess and warn of attacks against North America, whether by aircraft, missiles or space vehicles
• Aerospace Control: Detect and respond to unauthorized and unwanted air activity approaching or operating within North American airspace
• Maritime Warning: Process, assess and disseminate intelligence/information to warn of maritime threats or attacks against North America
USNORTHCOM Missions

Conduct military operations to:
• Anticipate, deter, prevent and defeat threats to the United States, its territories and interests within assigned area of responsibility
• Provide civil support and other assistance to U.S. civil authorities as directed

Family of Plans

• NC Theater Campaign Plan
• CONPLAN 3310 -Aerospace Defense & Maritime Warning
• CONPLAN 3400 -Homeland Defense
• Combined Defense Plan
• CONPLAN 3475 -Regional War on Terrorism
• CONPLAN 3600 -Emergency Preparedness in the NCR
• CONPLAN 3501 -Defense Support of Civil Authorities
• CONPLAN 3500 -CBRNE Consequence Management
• CONPLAN 3502 -Civil Disturbance Operations
• CANUS Civil Assistance Plan
• CONPLAN 3551 -Pandemic Influenza -Global
• CONPLAN 3591 -Pandemic Influenza -Regional
• CONPLAN 3505 -Nuclear Weapon Accident Response Plan

Theater Campaign Plan

• Purpose: Long-range plan to operationalize the NC Theater Strategy, and synchronize Global and Theater campaign planning, security cooperation, contingency planning, strategic communication, resources and forces
• Highlights:
• Ensures Command objectives aligned with NDS and NMS
• Achieve Guidance for Employment of the Force and JSCP end states
• Link and synchronize steady state, shaping, and security cooperation activities with our contingency plans
• A Capstone document that will drive activities in the HQ’s

Emerging National Planning Initiatives

• Homeland Security Presidential Directive 8, Annex I
• Integrated Planning System
• National Homeland Security Plan
• National Interagency Concept Plans

Impacts

• Codified planning processes for Interagency Planning
• National Planning Scenarios binned into 8 mission sets
• Additional appendices to CONPLAN Operations Annex
• CONPLAN 3501 for DSCA
• CONPLAN 3500 for CBRNE-CM
• Possible revisions to CONPLAN 3400 for HD

• We at NORAD and USNORTHCOM include:
-US Government, State, Tribal, and Local Agencies (e.g. Dept of Homeland Security, State, Transportation, Health and Human Services, etc)
-Non-Governmental Agencies (e.g. Red Cross, Humanitarian Int’l Service Group, etc)
-Private Sector Organizations (Academic, business, professional)

Related posts:
Joint Task Force Civil Support (JTF-CS) Brief
(U//FOUO) U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM) and CONPLAN 3500 CBRNE Response Overview
NORAD-NORTHCOM SG: PM/OEHS Roles in Natural Disaster Support – Hurricane Katrina Perspective
FEMA Draft Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101: Producing Emergency Plans
USNORTHCOM Antiterrorism (AT) Operations Order (U) 05-01

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately
Dig

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 05:17:21 AM »

Martial Law in America - Conplan 3502 Exposed - NORTHCOM FEMA RNC G20 Civil Disturbance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaacTx9oi1A

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately
Dig

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:12 AM »

Conplan 3502, US Prepares for Civil Disturbance
http://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/conplan-3502-us-prepares-for-civil-disturbance/

Dig

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 05:20:00 AM »

JTF-CS 101 Brief
http://www.npstc.org/meetings/IO-Barber-JTFCS%20101%20Brief-readahead-20081119.pdf

larsonstdoc

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 05:42:36 AM »

I remember that NLE2009 was cancelled (suppose to have been in Vegas).  Let's hope NLE2011 is cancelled.  WE need to get the word out.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=165714.0;wap2

votewritein:
Did Senator Reid cancel the false flag on Vegas?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2010/0330/Terrorist-attack-on-Las-Vegas-canceled-Politics-over-preparedness

'Terrorist attack' on Las Vegas canceled: Politics over preparedness?

posted March 30, 2010 at 3:01 pm EDT

At Sen. Harry Reid's request, the Obama administration canceled a mock 'dirty bomb' terrorist attack exercise in Las Vegas. Critics say the administration is playing politics with national preparedness, but others say a shift to secret surprise tests is a better way to prepare for the worst.

One thing is definite about this year's federal play-acting exercise to assess national emergency preparedness: A faux radioactive nuke, or "dirty bomb," will not be blowing up the Las Vegas Strip in May.

Reminiscent of Stephen King's "The Stand" featuring a similar cataclysmic showdown in Vegas, the preparedness exercise proved too much for many Nevadans, already battered by a poor economy and worried about a PR nightmare.

Sen. Harry Reid (D) of Nevada, in the midst of battling for the White House's healthcare reforms, wrote late last year that to "simulate a nuclear detonation in the heart of the city would unacceptably harm the Southern Nevadan economy."

More recently, President Obama had rankled Nevadans when he suggested that gambling on the Vegas Strip wasn’t the wisest move “when you’re trying to save for college." When Senator Reid complained about the comment, Mr. Obama was quick to apologize.
Dig

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 06:03:48 AM »

I remember that NLE2009 was cancelled (suppose to have been in Vegas).  Let's hope NLE2011 is cancelled.  WE need to get the word out.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=165714.0;wap2

votewritein:
Did Senator Reid cancel the false flag on Vegas?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2010/0330/Terrorist-attack-on-Las-Vegas-canceled-Politics-over-preparedness

'Terrorist attack' on Las Vegas canceled: Politics over preparedness?

posted March 30, 2010 at 3:01 pm EDT

At Sen. Harry Reid's request, the Obama administration canceled a mock 'dirty bomb' terrorist attack exercise in Las Vegas. Critics say the administration is playing politics with national preparedness, but others say a shift to secret surprise tests is a better way to prepare for the worst.

One thing is definite about this year's federal play-acting exercise to assess national emergency preparedness: A faux radioactive nuke, or "dirty bomb," will not be blowing up the Las Vegas Strip in May.

Reminiscent of Stephen King's "The Stand" featuring a similar cataclysmic showdown in Vegas, the preparedness exercise proved too much for many Nevadans, already battered by a poor economy and worried about a PR nightmare.

Sen. Harry Reid (D) of Nevada, in the midst of battling for the White House's healthcare reforms, wrote late last year that to "simulate a nuclear detonation in the heart of the city would unacceptably harm the Southern Nevadan economy."

More recently, President Obama had rankled Nevadans when he suggested that gambling on the Vegas Strip wasn’t the wisest move “when you’re trying to save for college." When Senator Reid complained about the comment, Mr. Obama was quick to apologize.

actually most of it went on and many false flag were done during it. just the nuke attack was moved to parts unknown.

NLE 09/10 is an over 100,000 person government exercise to conduct false flag terror attacks and evaluate them
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?board=416.0

Dig

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 06:05:32 AM »

Garden Plot Gets an Upgrade:’Civil Disturbance Operations CONPLAN 3502′
http://axiomamuse.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/garden-plot-gets-an-upgradecivil-disturbance-operations-conplan-3502/
Posted on November 19, 2010 by AxXiom| Leave a comment

National Level Exercise 2011 docs found on Army Corps fileserver prove upgrade for Secret ‘Civil Disturbance Operations CONPLAN 3502′ the Master Pentagon Blueprint for RNC/G20 Lockdowns, Policing Disasters & More

Dan walks us through it-

By Dan Feidt for Twin Cities Indymedia —

Digital presentations posted on an Army Corps of Engineers server, about military operations in a giant FEMA-simulated earthquake drill called National Level Exercise 2011, inadvertently reveal crucial new info about another ‘Secret’ Pentagon plan, Northcom CONPLAN 3502, including the “trigger” for domestic military ‘Civil Disturbance Operations.’ CONPLAN 3502 and CONPLAN 3501, ‘Defense Support of Civil Authorities,’ are the two main military plans used to design the Pentagon’s ‘footprint’ at National Special Security Events like the 2008 Republican National Convention.

Exactly as the Pennsylvania National Guard took over the G20 protester jail operation, other docs show ‘Secret’ CONPLAN 3502 specifically plans for military-operated detention and search operations within our country. In context, the new material is the most troubling I have ever discovered, and proves anew that underneath Constitutional limited government, a more brutal martial framework is secretly, constantly, extending its reach. DHS/FEMA doesn’t like it at all when NLEs get publicized so check it out right away. Full URLs below.

oin Dan on Axxiom For Liberty Radio – RuleOfLawRadio.com – 6:30PM Friday. Below the fold: CONPLAN 3502 & Garden Plot – 40 years of domestic military plans in context – G20 Pennsylvania Military Operations – Real structure of National Special Security Events – CONPLAN 3501 Designs Gulf Oil Spill Response & Media Spin -
The Big Break: FEMA NLE Regional Readiness Workshop files (indexed on Google)

Read More (links for CONOP 3501 3502 documents)

Background info.
Continuity of Government Plan

Timeline

Army Civil Disturbance Plan Garden Plot-Declassified documents

citizenx

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 06:31:11 AM »

Training documents linked to the Garden Plot / 3502 doctrines have been released as well, and the 1985 / 2005 Army Field Manuals for Civil Disturbances - with amazing artwork and the same Army tactics used on the streets of St. Paul and Pittsburgh. (Crazy art after article's conclusion)

Various handbook footnotes reference other DoD Directives & policies, but the CONPLAN obviously fills the broad role of planning, the sketch of the repeatedly-activated patterns of force and organizational logic, including seemingly every main tactic needed to enforce “martial law” like conditions. If CONPLAN 3502 is not a martial law plan, what more would you need? Beats me.

Military Template in Action: CONPLAN 3501 & The BP Gulf Oil Disaster

The story's already way too long here, but we recently witnessed another key example to understand this system. The Deepwater Horizon oil disaster kicked in the CONPLAN 3501-based emergency response planning system. CONPLAN 3501 dictated exactly what type of structure would control the emergency response: a Joint Command based on 3501 blueprints. To forcibly evacuate a city: just kick in CONPLAN 3502.

The CONPLAN3501 USARNORTH presentation lays out in perfect clarity how the main domestic emergency military / Homeland Security FEMA framework actually functions – pretty crazy stuff in itself, not widely understood.

Main feature: NORTHCOM and teams in each FEMA Region HQ Office, called Defense Coordinating Officers / Elements (DCO / E) are the go-betweens for NORTHCOM, FEMA and locals. (People gotta check these out!)

So in National Level Exercise 2011 the military proposes, under CONPLAN 3501-based plan, to have some Deepwater Horizon-type joint command set up and run military operations through the DCO offices in each FEMA region converging on the Ohio/Mississippi river valleys, attempting a simulation of controlling the government in that large multi-state area through a military task force structure. (Weird but true)
7877 reads Printer-friendly version

continued:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will post more as I am able.
citizenx

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 06:58:22 AM »

This is the modern federal military plan, no doubt about it. We saw how aggressively the propaganda blackout worked, with avid & seamless corporate pressure, on the Gulf disaster. Locals from the Twin Cities know all too keenly how intense and strange the federal-led information warfare campaign from 2008RNC was. So it's no surprise that CONPLAN 3501 includes crucial features used for media control, including talking points and embedding journalists in DoD operations, in 'rescue' like contexts, in order to strategically control the narrative.

And right below the nasty “3502 TRIGGER”, no less.

The remaining NLE 2011 material is quite interesting, but these words run long. Researchers should dig in already!

Quick Conclusion: Unconstitutional Martial Supremacy of Military Operations, A Dark Horizon and Bleak Plans

Minnesota Constitution, Article I - Bill of Rights Sec. 14: "Military power subordinate. The military shall be subordinate to the civil power and no standing army shall be maintained in this state in times of peace."

This isn't the first time people have noticed CONPLAN 3502, but it was earlier labeled CONPLAN 2502. GlobalSecurity.org already has expansive details on Garden Plot & 2502. Here we add the 3502 TRIGGER, and determine it's being updated by the military in certain, classified (S)ecret ways. This NLE2011 material gives us the 'home address' of a linchpin plan and its Army updaters, more of its context, as well as key parts of the military/civil control framework like the ten FEMA/NORTHCOM DCO teams sure to play a role in anything.

With a strong chance the 2012 Democratic National Convention will be deployed to Minneapolis based upon a CONPLAN 3501 / CONPLAN 3502 military footprint for Civil Disturbance Operations, many troubling questions could surface. The post-Civil War Minnesota Constitution specifically declares that the military shall "subordinate" to the civil power, but with mysterious players like the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency involved in NSSE security, who can answer if secret military protocols (and even satellites!) are "subordinate" to civil authority? How is a classified Secret plan for crowd control and detention not "superior"? Aren't they trying to "set an example" at each event and security circumstance, by expanding and extending tactics, most recently at the G20 the LRAD noise cannon and even in Los Angeles, a prison-scale directed microwave pain cannon?

By and large, public officials, let alone the general public, proceed oblivious to the actual content of plans like these. Unforgettable and frightening – widely recognized, that's the experience of those who've seen these types of plans in action. The trauma of seeing a dark, different system in full action on American streets, a true antithesis of the original national dream. The brutal roar of the war machine makes one feel like an insect on their windshield.

Military on our streets, not just filling flood sandbags anymore. It shifts perspectives, it hardens people, it erases doubts and soft shadings about the nature of power in America. CONPLAN 3502, as a secret code, is as good a Secret bootup kernel for martial law as you'll ever find. But that is its weakness: if it was so powerful, so potent, so worth keeping preciously tucked away, under (S)ecret wraps, then a clear, open evaluation of its Constitutional soundness, in public, wouldn't be shirked, wouldn't really shake national security. If it were safe (or merely sound), it would be public, not Secret. There is no justification for secret CONPLANs in a free society. Period.

Dan has been stressing about this way, way too much - Plz Tell the internets - The details go on and on :-( Docs browser @ scribd.com/hongpong Contact: hongpong@hongpong.com. G20 Indymedia Photos by Can't Kettle Wes! Please share - Creative Commons - With Attribution

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:  there are a bunch of other great images here which I will upload later.  Thanks again, hongpong.

I think I would have dug into this a lot earlier if there weren't so many other things going on.  This site is fantastic, and we really do need to get the word out there -- and, of course, people need to continue to research the gov't.s plans for NLE11 and CONPLAN 3502.
HongPong

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »

So glad people are finding this helpful! Please if there is any other infos which could help, hit me up hongpong AT hongpong.com . I would love to keep getting this into the mix, I think it is crucial intel which helps explain things.

I think I forgot to put this before, I appeared on a segment on the Alex Jones show immediately after the G20, it is here in 2x parts. As you will notice I was very concerned about the military/ jail operations in Pittsburgh, and this report is quite directly a consequence of my interest in determining its freaky roots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0_ag7CuOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXl1-O5rzs4
Dig

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 08:13:42 PM »

Could this "drill" have anything to do with justifying the need for Boeing's Future Combat Systems?

This scenario presentation demonstrates how Future Combat Systems (FCS) technology will strengthen the responsiveness of the Army in the aftermath of a catastrophic earthquake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4zNTXRTM3I

A depiction of how the Army's Future Combat System (FCS) could be used in the aftermath of a large earthquake in Southern California. This video was made in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaVex0QZXV4

Boeing FCS Aftershock (7:02). This video was produced by Digital Park for The Boeing Company and the United States Army to promote the Future Combat System.
www.sparkmedia.com/site.html

Dig

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »

Boeing expands satcom network during Haiti's critical hour
http://www.boeing.com/Features/2010/04/bds_feat_BBSN_031210.html
By Randy Jackson

Since Jan. 12, when a devastating 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck the tiny nation of Haiti, and killed more than 150,000 people according to Haitian officials, a wave of planes carrying food, water, medical supplies, and search and rescue teams, has been flooding into the country.

With much of the country’s infrastructure in disarray, communicating with the flight crews and coordinating air traffic was a near-impossible task during the initial days immediately following the quake.

Today though, as a U.S. Air Force VIP/ Special Air Mission flight turn onto final approach at Haiti’s Toussaint L’Ouverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, the crew members know they can depend on the plane’s global broadband communications system thanks to a dedicated Boeing team.

In the days following the quake, the Boeing Broadband SatCom Network (BBSN) program realized the need to expand communications coverage in the quake ravaged area.

“We had solid coverage over the northern part of the country,” said BBSN program manager Mike Turner. “It’s the southern part of Haiti we wanted to bolster. There is a lot of margin built into the robust system so by fine tuning our satellite signal patterns from our Network Operations Center in Kent, Washington, we were able to adjust coverage and make sure all of our flights stayed connected when they needed to the most.”

U.S. Air Force Photo Master Sgt. J.C. Woodring

Colonel John Long, 316th Mission Support Group commander, left, helps repatriated U.S. citizens with their luggage as they disembark from an 89th Airlift Wing C-32 Jan. 17, 2010. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton traveled to Joint Base Andrews with 22 survivors of the 7.0-magnitude earthquake that hit Haiti Jan. 12 aboard the U.S. Air Force Special Air Mission C-32 aircraft.

The BBSN system is operated and maintained by Boeing’s Defense & Government Services Information Services business and provides broadband internet, television and communications services for the Air Force’s fleet of 13 VIP/Special Air Mission aircraft. Formerly called “Connexion by Boeing,” the BBSN service was added to this fleet following Sept. 11, when the need for airborne communications on special Air Force planes became paramount.

Ed Laase, a director with Boeing’s Defense & Government Services, Information Services said efforts by BBSN engineers and regulatory staffers who work through diplomatic and jurisdictional challenges, enabled the coverage expansion within hours.

“When we got the go-ahead from our U.S. Air Force customer at Air Mobility Command at Scott Air Force Base, Ill., our team responded quickly and efficiently with no extra cost to the customer,” said Laase. “I think it shows how much our team cares about providing this service, and it also illustrates the maturity and agility of our BBSN system.”

U.S. Air Force Maj. Aaron Gibson, program manager for the Air Mobility Command’s Executive Airlift Communication Network, said in a letter to the Boeing BBSN organization, “I truly appreciate this effort by your entire team.  I am honored to know that you look to assist where possible in time of crisis.”

“The Boeing Broadband Satcom Network can be found supporting the United States’ senior leadership on their global missions,” said Greg Deiter, vice president of Boeing’s Defense & Government Services. “It’s become the ‘gold standard’ of mobile aeronautical broadband communications worldwide, and we are proud of our team for finding a way to use BBSN to support the U.S. Air Force as they help the people of Haiti in their time of need.”

Last Updated: April 19, 2010 |

Dig

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »

Boeing Awards Multiple Contracts for First Phase of FCS Class II and III Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Development
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2005/q3/nr_050726m.html
ST. LOUIS, July 26, 2005 -- Boeing (NYSE: BA), teamed with Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) as the Lead Systems Integrator (LSI) for the U.S. Army's Future Combat Systems (FCS) program, today awarded four multimillion-dollar contracts to three premier industry partners to participate in the first phase of development for two classes of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The UAVs -- a key battlespace asset and integral part of the FCS system-of-systems solution -- are slated for fielding in 2014 with the first fully-equipped FCS brigade-sized combat teams.

Boeing and FCS Partners Announce the Kick-off of Non-Line-of-Sight Cannon Work in Elgin, Okla.
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2007/q3/070822b_nr.html
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 22, 2007 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and partner Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), Lead Systems Integrator for the U.S. Army's Future Combat Systems (FCS) program, with industry teammates BAE Systems and General Dynamics, have selected Elgin, Okla., as a principal site for FCS Manned Ground Vehicle (MGV) integration and assembly work.

Future Combat Systems Program Completes Integrated Mission Test-1
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2009/q1/090226b_nr.html

ST. LOUIS, Feb. 26, 2009 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Science Applications International Corp. [NYSE: SAI], together the Lead Systems Integrator for the U.S. Army's Future Combat Systems (FCS) program, have successfully completed Integrated Mission Test-1 (IMT-1), verifying that the integration of FCS systems and Battle Command software is proceeding as planned. The test, conducted in January at the FCS Common Control Node at White Sands Missile Range, N.M., caps more than two years of software development, integration and testing involving nearly every FCS Integrated Product Team and One Team Partner, as well as soldiers from the Army Evaluation Task Force (AETF) at Fort Bliss, Texas. The AETF is evaluating and testing FCS capabilities for incremental fielding and the development of full FCS Brigade Combat Teams.  "Integrated Mission Test-1 marks another milestone toward the program's goal of allowing soldiers to operate in an information-rich battlespace where threats can be identified more rapidly, understood more fully and targeted more precisely," said Boeing Vice President and FCS Program Manager Gregg Martin. The test involved nearly 400 computers, 30 unique mock-ups of FCS Manned Ground Vehicles, 45 soldiers, and more than 120 industry, Army and other government personnel.  During the test, soldiers crewed mock-ups of Manned Ground Vehicles during simulated operational missions that used advanced simulations of FCS systems and network capabilities. The purpose was to validate early prototypes of FCS Battle Command and System software by soliciting soldier feedback and analyzing how they executed the missions. Feedback was also obtained on FCS Warfighter Machine Interface displays, which provided soldiers with a common operating picture of the operational environment as they conducted simulated operational tasks.

"During this integrated mission test, soldiers from the AETF worked with our engineers on the design and functionality of FCS Battle Command software as they executed tactical missions in a simulated, contemporary operational environment cluttered with military and civilian vehicles as well as vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices," said Rick Greenwell, Boeing FCS director for Integrated Phases, Simulation and Test. "Through participation in these exercises and their relevant combat experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan, the soldiers provided invaluable recommendations on everything from FCS vehicle ergonomics to how we display and move information within the Battle Command network."

The FCS program consists of eight new Manned Ground Vehicles, unmanned air and ground vehicles, precision weapon systems, and advanced tactical and urban sensors that are connected by a state-of-the-art wireless network. Working together, these systems will help soldiers share real-time information across the battlefield. Overall, FCS will provide soldiers vastly increased situational awareness, survivability and lethality, ensuring they can take the fight to the enemy before the enemy has time to react. More information on FCS is available at https://www.fcs.army.mil/.

SAIC is a FORTUNE 500 scientific, engineering and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure and health. The company's approximately 44,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. SAIC had annual revenues of $8.9 billion for its fiscal year ended Jan. 31, 2008.

A unit of The Boeing Company, Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is one of the world's largest space and defense businesses specializing in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world's largest and most versatile manufacturer of military aircraft. Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is a $32 billion business with 70,000 employees worldwide.

Boeing-SAIC Team, Future Combat Systems Program Play Key Roles in Joint Expeditionary Force Experiment 2008
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2008/q2/080519b_nr.html

ST. LOUIS, May 19, 2008 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Science Applications International Corp. [NYSE: SAI], the Lead Systems Integrator (LSI) for the U.S. Army's Future Combat Systems (FCS) program, today announced that FCS played a pivotal role in the U.S. Air Force-led Joint Expeditionary Force Experiment 2008 (JEFX 08), marking an important step toward integrating critical FCS technologies into the current force.  JEFX, conducted biennially in select lab and field environments at U.S. military facilities across the United States, is a multinational, multi-service military experiment intended to accelerate the research, development and fielding of new combat systems. The experiment, divided into four separate events, or "spirals," culminated in April with a field demonstration designed to test full joint connectivity and situational awareness in an operational setting.  FCS represented the Army's main effort in JEFX 08, forming the ground component of JEFX by enabling near real-time threat data to be made available on the network and enabling shared situational awareness between ground and air assets. The joint exercise provided one of the first opportunities to test the functionality and applicability of FCS technologies designed for the first "spin out" of capabilities to the current force in 2008. It also tested the maturity of network systems in a realistic environment.  "JEFX 08 provided an assessment that informs the FCS program of accomplishments and issues in mitigating both program and technical risk," said Craig Brown, FCS LSI experiment lead for Boeing. "All experiment objectives were successfully met or exceeded, FCS system and network maturity were validated, and we were able to demonstrate the tremendous leap in capabilities that FCS will provide compared with the current force."  One of the greatest FCS successes was shared situational awareness and the ability to call for joint network fires to engage a target that FCS sensors acquired in real- and near real-time, spanning the joint and coalition tactical, operational and strategic operating picture.

Army, Boeing Sign Agreement to Increase Funding for Future Combat Systems Program by Up to $6.4 Billion
http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2004/q3/nr_040809s.html

ST. LOUIS, Aug. 09, 2004 -- Boeing and the U.S. Army have signed an agreement to provide up to $6.4 billion in additional funding for the System Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase of the Future Combat Systems (FCS) program.

The modification to the existing agreement for the SDD phase and additional funding enables the FCS program to expand its scope and to accelerate delivery of FCS technologies and capabilities to current forces.

"This agreement underscores the importance of the new capabilities we are developing for the nations' warfighters, "said Roger Krone, senior vice president, Boeing Army Systems. "In our role as the Lead Systems Integrator team for FCS, we will continue working closely with our defense industry partners to help the Army address current and future challenges."

The expansion of the program's SDD phase will be accomplished by adding four distinct "spirals" of capabilities for current forces. It also will fully fund the FCS network and its 18 core systems including four systems which were previously deferred. The changes to the program will allow the Army to field accelerated capabilities beginning in 2008, to add FCS capabilities to more than 30 modular brigades through 2014 and to field the first fully-equipped FCS Unit of Action in 2014.

"This is a strong endorsement of our partnership with the Army and our performance on FCS," said Dennis Muilenburg, vice president and general manager of FCS for Boeing. "Our new task requires us to get these critical capabilities to our warfighters even faster. Working closely with our FCS One Team industry partners, we have demonstrated we are ready for the challenge."

Boeing and Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) are partnered as the Lead System Integrator (LSI) team for FCS. In this role, Boeing and SAIC function as a "general contractor" for the Army and are responsible for total system-of-systems engineering and integration, development of the core network and architecture, and identification, selection and procurement of the program's major systems and subsystems.

In May 2003, the Defense Acquisition Board approved the FCS program's entrance into the SDD phase. In December 2003, Boeing and the U.S. Army signed a definitized $14.78 billion Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) for the SDD phase of the FCS program following six months of effort by a U.S. Army/Boeing team to complete detailed planning and establish programmatic and technical baselines. The agreement announced today sets a ceiling of $6.4 billion for the modification of the existing OTA. Program officials expect the agreement to be definitized in early 2005.

FCS is a networked "system-of-systems" combining advanced communications and technologies to link soldiers with both manned and unmanned ground and air platforms and sensors. As the basis for the Department of Defense's visionary transformation plan, FCS will significantly increase the Army's agility and reduce logistics requirements, allowing it to go anywhere and to overcome any adversary. FCS is also designed from the ground up to enhance joint operations and coordination between U.S. and coalition forces.

A unit of The Boeing Company, Integrated Defense Systems is one of the world's largest space and defense businesses. Headquartered in St. Louis , Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is a $27 billion business, providing systems solutions to its global military, government and commercial customers. It is a leading provider of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; the world's largest military aircraft manufacturer; the world's largest satellite manufacturer and a leading provider of space-based communications; the primary systems integrator for U.S. missile defense; NASA's largest contractor; and a global leader in launch services.

SAIC is the nation's largest employee-owned research and engineering company, providing information technology, systems integration and eSolutions to commercial and government customers. SAIC engineers and scientists work to solve complex technical problems in national and homeland security, energy, the environment, space, telecommunications, healthcare, transportation and logistics. With annual revenues of $6.7 billion, SAIC and its subsidiaries have more than 43,000 employees at offices in more than 150 cities worldwide. More information can be found at the SAIC web site.

Dig

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »

http://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers/archive/2006/august/ts_sf07.pdf

Dig

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »

Boeing and SAIC Announce Accelerated Testing of FCS Early Prototype Systems
http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/boeing-and-saic-announce-accelerated-testing-fcs-early-prototype-systems
Posted January 3rd, 2009 by Boeing in Aerospace & Defense , NYSE, Missouri

ST. LOUIS, Jan. 17, 2008-- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and partner Science Applications International Corporation [NYSE: SAI], the Lead Systems Integrator for the U.S. Army's Future Combat Systems (FCS) program, today announced that the Army has accelerated test schedules for two FCS robotic prototypes based on current readiness levels and positive feedback from soldiers who are using early versions of the systems in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Beginning this month, 25 FCS Small Unmanned Ground Vehicle (SUGV) units developed jointly with iRobot Corporation and 11 Class I (Block 0) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) developed jointly with Honeywell will be delivered in increments to Army Evaluation Task Force soldiers at Fort Bliss, Texas. The soldiers will train with the equipment before conducting user testing in the summer. Deliveries will occur between January and June 2008 with testing expected to conclude in September. Based on soldier feedback, a recommendation will be made to senior Army leadership whether to field the platforms or continue with system development under the core FCS program.

"The acceleration of the SUGV and Class I (Block 0) UAV prototypes and testing underscores the Army's commitment to enhancing soldier survivability and mission effectiveness by getting the capabilities into their hands as soon as possible," said Dennis Muilenburg, vice president-general manager, Boeing Combat Systems, and FCS program manager. "The decision to accelerate, driven in part by feedback from soldiers in theater, also confirms that we are on the right track to deliver a crucial capability that is needed and desired by our soldiers currently serving in combat operations."

The 30-pound SUGV is a small, lightweight, soldier-portable unmanned ground vehicle that is capable of conducting military operations in high-risk environments, including urban terrain, tunnels, sewers and caves, without exposing soldiers directly to potential hazards. The Class I (Block 0) UAV, a platoon-level asset and the smaller of the two FCS unmanned vehicle classes, will provide dismounted soldiers with unprecedented reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition capabilities on the battlefield. The Class I UAV can operate in complex urban and jungle terrains with vertical takeoff, hover and landing capability, and can be operated autonomously or controlled by dismounted soldiers.

Although they will occur in parallel, acceleration activities are considered separate from "Spin Out 1," the first of three planned infusions of FCS capabilities to the Current Force. Spin Out 1 consists of equipment and technologies that will provide enhanced situational awareness and communication capabilities through technology insertions to Abrams battle tanks, Bradley fighting vehicles and HMMWV vehicles. Spin Out 1 elements include network integration "B" kits consisting of an Integrated Computer System, System-of-Systems Common Operating Environment, Battle Command and Network Management software and communications system including the Joint Tactical Radio System Ground Mobile Radio. Also included are Tactical and Urban Unattended Ground Sensors to provide real-time threat information in complex terrain and the Non-Line-of-Sight Launch System for remotely controlled precision fires. Deliveries of Spin Out 1 equipment and technologies are well under way in preparation for field testing later this year.

SAIC is a leading provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the U.S. military, agencies of the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and other U.S. Government civil agencies, as well as to customers in selected commercial markets. With more than 44,000 employees in over 150 cities worldwide, SAIC engineers and scientists solve complex technical challenges requiring innovative solutions for customers' mission-critical functions. SAIC had annual revenues of $8.3 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2007. SAIC: FROM SCIENCE TO SOLUTIONS™.
A unit of The Boeing Company, Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is one of the world's largest space and defense businesses specializing in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions. Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is a $32.4 billion business with 72,000 employees worldwide.

Dig

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »

*The Annexation of Haiti-SOUTHCOM running drill of Haiti disaster the day before the earthquake-How did they know?
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?board=444.0

infowarrior_039

explosions in the sky

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »

Conplan 3501 should also be investigated:  (NLE11 Tie-In)

http://search.usa.gov/search?sc=0&query=Conplan+3501+filetype%3Apdf&locale=en&m=&commit=Search

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA518754&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

Defense Support of Civil Authorities
(CONPLAN 3501) describes DOD support
to civil authorities during natural disasters
and civil emergencies.

This plan is aligned to
support the National Response Plan and is a
generic umbrella plan for domestic support.

infowarrior_039

explosions in the sky

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 12:03:06 AM »

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA478314&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

****http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/nomi/nami/usnac2009/Documents/0915%20part%201%20AAOS.ppt

USNORTHCOM
Role in
Homeland Security (HLS)/
Homeland Defense (HLD) & Defense Support of Cilvilan Authorities (DSCA)

another good one:

http://www.npstc.org/meetings/IO-Barber-JTFCS%20101%20Brief-readahead-20081119.pdf

http://www.scribd.com/doc/43717734/NORAD-NORTHCOM-Plans-Summary-Interagency

Freeski

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »

So glad people are finding this helpful! Please if there is any other infos which could help, hit me up hongpong AT hongpong.com . I would love to keep getting this into the mix, I think it is crucial intel which helps explain things.

I think I forgot to put this before, I appeared on a segment on the Alex Jones show immediately after the G20, it is here in 2x parts. As you will notice I was very concerned about the military/ jail operations in Pittsburgh, and this report is quite directly a consequence of my interest in determining its freaky roots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0_ag7CuOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXl1-O5rzs4

Great call dude.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dig

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »

NATIONAL COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND DISASTERS
SUBCOMMITTEE ON EVACUATION,
TRANSPORTATION AND HOUSING

MAY 10, 2010 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
AEROSPACE BUILDING
901 D STREET, SW, WASHINGTON, D.C.
MULTIPURPOSE ROOM, 7TH FLOOR WEST

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/nccd/NCCD%20Subcommittees/20100510_ETHSubcommitteeReportFINAL.pdf

Commissioner Bruce Lockwood began the meeting by introducing Stephanie Rondenell, who gave a presentation on information sharing. Ms. Rondenell explained that the Center for Network Development has been working with the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention since 2000 on the Juvenile Information Sharing (JIS) Initiative. As a result of providing technical assistance and training in the field, this collaboration has produced guidelines on information sharing between agencies. Ms. Rondenell explained that many inhibitors to sharing information on youth have been identified, including lack of clarification of who needs information and when; conflicting messages and interpretations of federal, state and local policies on what can or cannot be shared; the need for a legitimate statement of purpose for information sharing, and; a lack of trust between agencies. Three components to successful and effective information sharing were identified: effective multi-system collaborations, agreement on privacy and confidentiality practices, and the use of appropriate technology. Ms. Rondenell explained that the issue of trust remains a constant and consistent issue, as a huge burden is placed on agencies to protect privacy and confidentiality. Two pilot programs are currently being run in Colorado to address this issue. The National Information Exchange Model, which works in multiple domains and identifies standards for information commonly shared between agency systems, is currently being used in the two pilot programs. It uses XML technology to facilitate information sharing from different platforms.

JIS is currently working with a variety of agencies involved with children and families. It takes a practical approach from beginning to end, and its desired outcomes include enhancing decision making, providing consistency between agencies, increasing the understanding of privacy and confidentiality protection, identifying gaps and developing policy, and creating partnerships and improved coordination. Ms. Rondenell suggested their work could help the work of the ETH subcommittee in information sharing, and stated that technical assistance and lessons learned materials are available on the JIS project website, www.juvenileis.org.

In response to a question on governance of data, Ms. Rondenell explained that a governance structure has been established, which brings the many agencies, organizations and people that work with children to the table. She added that several other states, including Missouri and Florida, are moving in the same direction. She offered to forward information on these programs to the Commission. Mr. Lockwood asked if there has been a need to pursue legislative change to privacy rules or if they were able to facilitate information sharing through policy interpretation. Ms. Rondenell stated that both routes have been taken. Executive orders and legislative changes at the state level have been enacted to address certain situations. She also cited differing interpretations of FERPA and HIPAA as major barriers, for which subject matter experts were identified to speak to the involved agencies about interpretation of these acts.

Jeanne-Aimee De Marrais asked about challenges of sharing information across state lines. Ms. Rondenell explained that there are interstate compact agreements in place to facilitate this type of information sharing, as it is required when children move between states. Ms. De Marrais stated that there are currently about five registries for missing persons, and explained that the Commission has discussed recommending a hub site that will be able to search these various sites. But since this gets very complicated when it comes to who has access, she asked if the work of JIS can address this. Mr. Lockwood explained that Ms. Rondenell was asked to present on this system not because it does exactly what the Commission is looking for, but that it can serve as a model, as pilots have been established and they are already working through privacy issues. This system demonstrates the ability to share data without needing to define data field requirements, as it allows the sharing of information between legacy systems without the need for the creation or purchase of entirely new systems. The subcommittee then transitioned to a discussion on new recommendations for the next report. Under evacuation and transportation, a recommendation on an oversight body has been formulated. Mr. Lockwood explained that in addition to an oversight body for information sharing issues, the Commission has been considering a more holistic oversight body as well. The oversight body in this recommendation could stand alone, or be a subcommittee or working group under this more holistic body. Paul Schwartz agreed that a larger oversight body with authority should be the priority, and lower level bodies can address specific subjects. He added that it is important that this body has shared ownership, with representation from the federal, state and local levels.  The importance of identifying what data is needed, by whom and when, was also discussed, and it was stressed that those with more contact with children needed more specific and timely information. Regarding the recommendation language, Ms. Rondenell stated that systems do not need to be interoperable, but they simply need to have the ability to share information. To reflect this, the wording of the recommendation now reads:

I. Establish a fully authorized oversight body to ensure that federal, state and local evacuee tracking systems can facilitate the sharing of data utilizing an agreed-upon data sharing protocol. This body would oversee the coordination and governance of data collection, provide related policy and guidance, enforce accountability, and seek requisite legal authorities. Moving onto the second recommendation in this section on transportation needs, Mr. Lockwood stated that he thought this overarching recommendation is good as is. Ms. Johnson added that additional information on the need for appropriate modes of transportation will be addressed in the text.

II. Federal, state and local disaster plans should specifically address the evacuation and transportation needs of children with disabilities and other special healthcare needs in coordination with child congregate care facilities such as schools and child care.

Shifting to the topic of family reunification, Ms. Johnson asked about progress on working with Google in creating a platform to assist in these efforts. Ms. De Marrais stated that this process has slowed, as the need to identify the current gaps, which could circumvent the need for the creation of a new system, must first be explored. Trevor Riggen agreed that identifying the gaps is the first step, and added that Google was very receptive to working with the American Red Cross and Save the Children on family reunification efforts. He added that it is important to ensure meeting with Google occur. Ms. De Marrais stated that she will push for setting up a meeting with Google, and will be sure to include Ms. Rondenell in the conversation.

In response to questions on the JIS system, Ms. Rondenell stated that both private and public access is available in some portals, and there is a system with school information that acts as a “pointer system,” were people will be pointed to the appropriate entity to provide information. She added that oftentimes in information sharing, the focus tends toveer toward technology, but it is important to focus on procedures and policies at the same time as well.

Turning the discussion to housing, Ms. Johnson stated that the Commission has not yet received the next draft of the Implementation Plan of the National Disaster Housing Task Force, though the last draft that the Commission saw seems to align with the outcomes desired by the Commission. She added that temporary housing issues need to be looked at as well, and based on the language that was changed in the Pediatric Medical Care subcommittee meeting, the bullet on environmental health will need to be reworded. Ms. De Marrais asked if some of the bullets could be more specific, citing “the provision of basic social activities” and “address transportation needs” as examples. Mr. Lockwood responded that the Commission staff will include examples of specific needs in the text of the report.

III. Federally-funded temporary disaster housing communities erected after disasters must provide a safe environment for children to live and play, and provide access to services that will expedite the long-term recovery of families and their transition into permanent housing. Temporary housing
communities should:
• Create a meeting space for parents and children, for activities as well as child care;
• Ensure the provision of basic social activities;
• Improve the physical environment, including security;
• Maintain environmental health standards; [to be re-worded]
• Address transportation needs;
• Facilitate integration of families into the local community; and
• Improve children’s integration into schools.

Shifting to disaster management, Ms. Johnson asked if there is any more information available on the 2011 National Level Exercise (NLE). Lauralee Koziol said that planning for the exercise will probably start moving forward in June, but recommended that the Commission speak more generally to all exercises. Mr. Lockwood agreed, stating that the Commission wants to reinforce a holistic approach, ensuring the incorporation of children’s issues into all appropriate exercises, and specifically point out the NLE as well. Ms. Rondenell asked if information sharing should be incorporated into exercising. While Mr. Lockwood feels it should, he stated that the Commission would probably not be that specific in the recommendation.

Finally, Mr. Lockwood updated the subcommittee on his recent trip to Nashville, where he visited two shelters set up in light of the recent flooding. These shelters provided the opportunity to evaluate the use of the Commission’s Standards and Indicators for Disaster Shelter Care for Children and the Supplies for Infants and Toddlers in Mass Care Shelters and Emergency Congregate Care Facilities. In one of the shelters, there were three infants but no cribs, pointing out that the indicators do not speak about the need for child specific beds. The indicators document should be amended to address this need. Another area of concern was that while the indicators document noted that parents are to be responsible for their children, there will be cases where parents are totally uninvolved with their children, as Mr. Lockwood saw in one of the shelters. The question of how to address this arises.

Mr. Riggen stated that disasters provide the best opportunity to train shelter workers, and this event has helped identify additional needs and already led to additions for future orientations for shelter workers, including how to address special situations, like the parenting issue noted by Mr. Lockwood. He added that this situation also demonstrated the need for local ARC chapters to have agreements in place to obtain necessary resources should shipping abilities become a problem, as the local FedEx facility flooded, delaying shipments of resources. Mr. Lockwood indicated that these shelters did a great job demonstrating that addressing children’s needs in shelters is moving in the right direction. Ms. Johnson asked subcommittee members if there were any additional issues that should be addressed should by the Commission in the future, stating that evacuee tracking is one issue that will need continued attention. With no other issues raised, Mr. Lockwood thanked subcommittee members for their participation, and stated that Ms. Johnson will contact members about the next subcommittee call. Ms. Johnson stated that this will probably take place during the summer to go through draft chapters for the next report.

Participant list:
Bruce Lockwood, Chair
Lawrence Tan, Commissioner
Andy Garrett, NDMS/HHS
Paul Schwartz, formerly of Department of Homeland Security
Lauralee Koziol, FEMA
Jeanne-Aimee De Marris, Save the Children
Trevor Riggen, American Red Cross

infowarrior_039

explosions in the sky

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 12:30:28 AM »

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/415/third-congress-neubauer.pdf
http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3-28.pdf

This publication has been prepared under the direction of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
of Staff. It sets forth joint doctrine to govern the activities and performance of the Armed Forces
of the United States in civil support operations and provides the doctrinal basis for interagency
coordination during domestic civil support operations. It provides military guidance for the
exercise of authority by combatant commanders and other joint force commanders (JFCs) and
prescribes joint doctrine for operations, education, and training.

It provides military guidance for use by the Armed Forces in preparing their appropriate plans. It is not the intent of this
publication to restrict the authority of the JFC from organizing the force and executing the
mission in a manner the JFC deems most appropriate to ensure unity of effort in the
accomplishment of the overall objective.

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_27.pdf

Transitioning Between Homeland Defense and Civil Support.............................. A-1

CIVIL SUPPORT OPERATIONS

https://rdl.train.army.mil/soldierPortal/atia/adlsc/view/public/25529-1/FM/3-28/FM3_28.PDF

PURPOSE

This field manual (FM) provides keystone Army doctrine for civil support operations. It expands on the
discussion of civil support operations, the fourth element of full spectrum operations, in FM 3-0. This manual
focuses on the planning, preparation, execution, and assessment of civil support operations, which are
conducted within the United States and its territories. It discusses the role of Army forces cooperating with and
supporting civilian organizations in domestic operational environments, with particular emphasis on how
operations conducted by Army forces within the United States differ from full spectrum operations conducted
overseas.

All civil support operations buttress the capabilities of civil authorities within the United States. The
mechanisms that regulate civil support come from law, policy, regulation, and directive. Civil support
operations require Army leaders to understand an environment shaped primarily by federal, state, local, and
tribal agencies, and circumscribed by law. Nowhere is this more striking than in the roles of the National
Guard. In sharp contrast to stability operations, Army forces may conduct civil support operations with
National Guard forces responding under the direction of a governor or alongside active duty forces as part of a
coordinated national response. FM 3-28 explains the reasons for the division of forces and provides
considerations for the entire Army, including all three components: Regular Army, Army Reserve, and Army
National Guard.

The proponent has made every effort to keep Army civil support doctrine consistent with appropriate laws,
policies, regulations, and directives of the federal and state governments, the Department of Defense, the
Department of the Army, and the National Guard. In any case where Army doctrine differs, the laws, policies,
regulations, and directives take precedence.

scott

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 02:43:30 PM »

BETTER DOWNLOAD THESE FILES WHILE YOU CAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SaacTx9oi1A
citizenx

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »

UPDATE: Power Point Presentation Reveals Secret Plans for Domestic Military Crackdown

http://femalefaust.blogspot.com/2010/12/update-power-point-presentation-reveals.html
Dig

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »

Pentagon Forecast: Cloudy, 80% Chance of Riots
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007/11/lockheed-peers/
By Noah Shachtman  November 9, 2007  |  6:02 am

The Pentagon is paying Lockheed Martin to try to predict insurgencies and civil unrest like the weather.  It’s part of a larger military effort to blend forecasting software with social science that has some counterinsurgency experts cringing.

Lockheed recently won a $1.3 million, 15-month contract from the Defense Department to help develop the "Integrated Crises Early Warning System, or ICEWS.  The program will "let military commanders anticipate and respond to worldwide political crises and predict events of interest and stability of countries of interest with greater than 80 percent accuracy," the company claims.  "Rebellions, insurgencies, ethnic/religious violence, civil war, and major economic crises" will all be predictable.  So will "combinations of strategies, tactics, and resources to mitigate [against those] instabilities."

DARPA, the Pentagon’s bleeding-edge research arm, laid out the case for ICEWS this summer at its conference, held outside of Disneyworld.  "Commanders will always need to have an accurate picture of enemy positions, as well as friendly units and allies," David Honey, who heads the agency’s Strategic Technology Office, told confab-goers in Anaheim, California.
"But increasingly it’s social, cultural, political and economic information, foreign language capabilities and other clues – that are proving essential."

Figuring out how to find those clues won’t be easy, his colleague, Sean O’Brien, warned.
He has a three-part plan for how ICEWS might get it done, however.  It tracks, roughly, to how meteorologists piece together long-range weather forecasts.  

Step one: dump everything we know about a country like Iraq, and “create [software] agents that mirror the actual communities.”  

Not only does that mean identifying "government leaders[']
propensity to defuse or exacerbate potentially volatile situations,"
O’Brien explained in a call for proposals.
It also requires a determination of "how a country’s macro-structural conditions (social, demographic, economic) affect the way in which the country’s citizens interact with its government."  

What’s more, according to an
article in the Military & Aerospace Electronics trade journal, the ICEWS system should be designed to "capture and process vast quantities of data from digitized news media, Websites, blogs, and other sources of information that reflect the dynamic and rapidly changing character and intensity of interactions between people and governments."

Step two in the ICEWS plan: make these agents even more realistic, by “leverag[ing] the hundreds of social, cultural, and behavioral theories” about why people act the way they do.  Step three: let commanders run mock battle plans against these modeled Iraqis, to see how they might react.

Experts on counterinsurgency are, to say the least, skeptical.  

“Wait a minute, you can’t tell me who’s going to a win a football game. And now you’re going to replicate free will?” Lieutenant Colonel
John Nagl, who helped write the Army’s manual on defusing insurgencies, tells DANGER ROOM.

“They are smoking something they shouldn’t be," retired Lieutenant General Paul Van Riper recently quipped to Science Magazine.

The military has been trying, for decades, to use social science data to forecast what might happen next on the battlefield — or around the world.  In 1976, for example, Pentagon-funded researchers put together a "integrated crisis warning system… comprised of (1) quantitative military, political, and economic crisis indicators; (2) quantitative indicators of U.S. military, political, and economic interests abroad;
(3) a unified multi-method forecasting capability; and (4) a computer base."  

More recently, DARPA has funded efforts to "anticipate the societal/regional indicators that precipitate instability."

For these projects, the agency turned to Carnegie Mellon University professor Kathleen Carley and  Massachusetts research firm Aptima, Inc.  VISualization of Threats and Attacks in Urban Environments, or "VISTA," was their company’s attempt to "utiliz[e] cultural models and other social network analysis techniques to assess and forecast nation state instability and conflict."  The "Anticipatory Culture-Based Modeling Environment," or ACUMEN, toolkit created a "simulation engine" based on "theories from psychology, social psychology, sociology, organization science, political science, and economics."

ACUMEN modeled political, military, social, religious, and insurgent groups as agents, along with their relationships regarding hostility, support, membership, and more. ACUMEN modeled the profiles of agents and geographic regions (at the state and province levels)
within specific test states using a set of social, political, economic, health, and demographic indicators. In all there were 150 indicators for the state, 60 indicators for each province, and 30 indicators for each agent.

But that was all in the lab.  The goal of ICEWS is to eventually bring the tool to war. As Military & Aerospace Electronics notes, "The third phase will involve a live, in-theater test of the system."

ALSO:

* Army Association Blasts Army’s "Human Terrain"
* Mapping Human Terrain "Enables the Kill Chain"?
* Pentagon Science & Technology: The Human Problem
* When Anthropologists Go to War
* When Anthropologists Go to War (Against the Military)
* When Anthropology Gets Ugly
* Report: Military Should Double Social Science Cash
* Can Social Science Win the War on Terror?

Dig

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »

ARLINGTON, Va., 5 Jan. 2006. Scientists at the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, Va., are asking industry for ideas on how to develop an advanced computer system called the Integrated Crisis Early Warning System (ICEWS) that is able to predict global wars and other political instability.

The goal is to develop a system to monitor, assess, and forecast crises throughout the world to support decisions on how to allocate resources to mitigate them, officials say. The ICEWS will provide military commanders with a powerful capability to anticipate and respond to worldwide political crises and track their success in near-real time.

Officials of the DARPA Information Processing Technology Office (IPTO) released a broad agency announcement for the ICEWS program Jan. 5 (BAA07-10). Companies interested in participating have more than a year -- until Jan. 18, 2008 -- to respond.

Companies who respond to the solicitation should propose end-to-end solutions for the development of state-of-the-art computational modeling capabilities that can monitor, assess, and forecast -- in near-real time -- a variety of phenomena associated with country instability, such as riots and rebellions, regime changes, major economic collapses, violent anti-state insurgencies, major acts of government repression, civil wars, and conflicts between two or more countries

The 2005 National Security Strategy outlined two priorities for the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), DARPA officials explain. First, military leaders should have early warning of international crises so they can mitigate them before they become more threatening. Second, the military needs a way to assess the risks of responding to international crises. The ICEWS program is DARPA's response.

This new system should yield technology that enables military commanders to identify the countries that are likely to become more or less unstable in the near-, mid-, and long-term; the factors driving instability; and the strategies, tactics, and resources likely to have the greatest influence.

DARPA leaders will pursue the ICEWS program in three phases, and now only are working on the first phase, which is to build and test computational social science models for forecasting various forms of country instability with an ability to forecast several kinds of events that can produce political instability.

The second phase will develop the decision support analytical and technical foundation for ICEWS, with a key goal of developing the capability to generate strategies and tactics for any set of circumstances that are driving the instability.

In the second phase, DARPA and its contractors will explore ways to map diplomatic, informational, military, and economic actions to various political stability challenges, and update model parameters resulting from worldwide changes. The third phase will involve a live, in-theater test of the system.

The ICEWS should use the latest information-processing technologies that can capture and process vast quantities of data from digitized news media, Websites, blogs, and other sources of information that reflect the dynamic and rapidly changing character and intensity of interactions between people and governments.

The system is to receive database information that will flow through the integrated model, and produce results users can visualize through a user interface. Once data goes to the system, the ICEWS should process it, run the models, generate the output, and alert the user that forecasts are ready.

Through the user interface, the user should be able to review forecasts at national and regional levels. The ICEWS also should automatically generate explanations for each forecast as step-by-step descriptions of the computations performed to generate the forecast.

Finally, ICEWS should provide a simple "what-if" capability that enables the user to change the values of original input data and rerun the models to determine whether the forecast will change based on altering input data.

To ask questions, or for more information, contact the DARPA Information Processing Technology Office by post at DARPA/ITO BAA Coordinator, Attn: BAA07-10, 3701 North Fairfax Drive, Arlington, Va. 22203-1714.

Dig

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »

Third International Conference on Computational Cultural Dynamics
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/conferences/icccd2009/program.html

Reasoning About Diverse Cultures Using Multi-Disciplinary Teams and Computer Technology in the Human Social Culture Behavior (HSCB) Modeling Program by Cmdr. Dylan Schmorrow

The Human Social Culture Behavior (HSCB) Modeling program vision includes developing unbiased, objective, valid science-based approaches to enable DoD Operations Planning, Information Operations, Analysis, Intelligence, Experimentation, and Training. Specifically, quantitative models and shaping tools that provide assessments, forecasts, options for courses of action, and decision support for understanding and reasoning about the human terrain of battlespaces. Multi-disciplinary research is necessary in developing computational models for cultural dynamics. HSCB performers have addressed this need by forming multi-disciplinary teams in the same organization, subcontracting to organizations with the necessary skills, or hiring consultants. In addition, the HSCB Modeling program is taking advantage of advances in computer technologies to support data gathering, tool/model/training environment development, system integration, and results visualization and interpretation. An illustrative mission thread will be used to highlight how multi-disciplinary teams and advances in computer technology are supporting the collection of data-to use of that data in tools/models-through visualizing and interpreting results. Finally, HSCB success stories of computational models for cultural dynamics that enhanced cultural sensitivity will be shared.

Biography
Commander Schmorrow is a U.S. Naval Officer in the Navy’s Medical Service Corps and serves as the Specialty Leader of the Aerospace Experimental Psychologist community. He is also an Acquisition Professional in the Naval Acquisition Corps and is currently serving in the Office of the Director, Defense Research and Engineering as Biosystems Associate Director, Human Systems. He is responsible for S&T programs in the Human Systems (HS) Technology area, which includes DoD programs in personnel selection, training and leadership, cognitive sciences, interface design, personnel protection, combat feeding, human systems integration and human performance. He monitors S&T planning and programming to facilitate applicable insertion into military acquisition programs supporting U.S. warfighters. He also serves as the Program Director for the OSD Human, Social, Culture and Behavioral Modeling research and development program that is focused on providing DoD and the US Government with the ability to understand and effectively operate in human/social/culture terrains inherent to non-conventional warfare missions. His interests include advancing information technology, neuroscience, human-factors, training, autonomy, and decision upport technologies to maximize human performance. He frequently collaborates with the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Homeland Security, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), and the DoD Services to improve warfighting capabilities and to support academic and industry performers in advancing science and building new technologies.

Trends and Challenges in Political Event Data Analysis by Philp Schrodt

Political event data -- brief records recording when who did what to whom in a political system -- were originally developed in the 1960s under DARPA and NSF funding, and are one of the most common formal methodologies used for forecasting political developments. In recent years, the field has experienced a resurgence due to the availability of near-real-time data produced using automated methods working with news stories available on the Web and from commercial sources such as Factiva and Lexis-Nexis, as well as a substantial expansion in the types of forecasting methods that are used. This talk will survey the current state of the art in event data production and analysis, with a focus on conflict forecasting, and outline a number of challenges that might be addressed by work in cognate fields.

Biography
Dr. Philip A. Schrodt is a professor of political science at Pennsylvania State University. He received an M.A. in mathematics and a Ph.D. in political science from Indiana University in 1976. Prior to coming to the Penn State, he taught for twenty-one years at the University of Kansas, and eleven years at Northwestern University, where he helped develop Northwestern's programs on Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences and the multidisciplinary program in international studies. Dr. Schrodt has also taught at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, the American University in Cairo, the University of California at Davis, Bir Zeit University in the West Bank, and spent a year at the University of Lancaster (England) on a NATO Postdoctoral fellowship.

Dr. Schrodt's major areas of research are formal models of political behavior, with an emphasis on international politics, and political methodology. His current research focuses on predicting political change using statistical and pattern recognition methods. He teaches a variety of courses in international relations, with an emphasis on international conflict, and U.S. defense policy. Dr. Schrodt has published more than 75 articles in political science, served as president of the Society for Political Methodology, and his Kansas Event Data System computer program won the "Outstanding Computer Software Award" from the American Political Science Association in 1995.

Mixed Methods Stability Forecasting and Mitigation for the DARPA ICEWS Program by Brian Kettler, PhD

The DARPA Integrated Crisis Early Warning System (ICEWS) program seeks to develop a comprehensive, integrated, automated, generalizable, and validated system to monitor, assess, and forecast national, sub-national, and international crises in a way that supports decisions on how to allocate resources to mitigate them. ICEWS will provide Combatant Commanders (COCOMs) with a powerful, systematic capability to anticipate and respond to stability challenges in the Area of Responsibility (AOR); allocate resources efficiently in accordance to the risks they are designed to mitigate; and track and measure the effectiveness of resource allocations toward end-state stability objectives, in near-real time. This talk will describe the mixed-methods approach and progress by the LM ATL ICEWS team for stability forecasting and our initial investigations into modeling of stability mitigating actions.

Biography
Dr. Brian Kettler is the ISX Lab Chief Scientist and a Principal Research Engineer for Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (LM ATL). He has over 12 years experience leading research and development efforts and over 22 years experience in software engineering. At LM ATL and previously at ISX Corporation, Dr. Kettler the Principal Investigator on a number of advanced technology, applied R&D programs sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA), and the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL). Recent programs include the DARPA Integrated Crisis Early Warning System (ICEWS) and IARPA Collaborative Analyst/System Effectiveness program. As PI on the ICEWS program – DARPA’s flagship computational social science effort – Dr. Kettler has been coordinating the technical R&D activities of a 10 organization team of universities and commercial companies for the past two years to develop model-based decision aids for country instability forecasting and mitigation. Dr. Kettler received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Maryland College Park in 1995 with dissertation work in Artificial Intelligence (case-based planning systems). He received his BS in Computer Science from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 1987 with a concentration in natural language processing and a minor in Linguistics. Besides LM ATL and ISX Corporation, he has held software engineering positions at Brightware, Inc., IBM, and Digital Equipment Corporation. His research interests include context-aware computing, semantic web technologies, computational social science, intelligent agents, AI planning systems, case-based reasoning, and cognitive science.

Accepted Papers

Agent-based modeling of counterinsurgency operations
Jason Martinez and Ben Fitzpatrick

The Cultural Geography Model: An Agent Based Modeling Framework for Analysis of the Impact of Culture in Irregular Warfare
Jonathan Alt and Leroy Jackson

SCARE: A Case Study with Baghdad
Paulo Shakarian, V.S. Subrahmanian and Maria Luisa Sapino

Designing Maximally, or Otherwise, Diverse Teams: Group-Diversity Indexes for Testing Computational Models of Cultural and Other Social-Group Dynamics [THIS IS IN PREPARATION FOR MULTI-NATION UN TROOPS TO TOUCHDOWN ON SOVEREIGN LANDS INCLUDING US AND CANADA]
Rik Warren

Using Fuzzy Decision Trees and Information Visualization to Study the Effects of Cultural Diversity on Team Planning and Communication
Yan Liu and Rik Warren

AutoMed - An Automated Mediator for Multi-Issue Bilateral Negotiations
Michal Chalamish and Sarit Kraus

Near-Optimal Play in a Social Learning Game
James Carr, Eric Raboin, Austin Parker and Dana Nau

Piracy Model: Understanding Emergence of Piracy and Ensuring Maritime Security
Abdul Ahmed

Mapping Socio-Cultural Dynamics in Indonesian Blogosphere
Shamanth Kumar, Huan Liu, Nitin Agarwal and Merlyna Lim

A Trend Pattern Approach to Forecasting Socio-Political Violence
Kurt Rohloff, Robert Battle, Jim Chatigny, Rick Schantz and Victor Asal

s3d1t0r

F̱̹̳̖o̤llow the mon̐ͫ͂̓̊̓͊ë́͐͒̍ȳ̏ͨ̾͆

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »

Quick Conclusion: Unconstitutional Martial Supremacy of Military Operations, A Dark Horizon and Bleak Plans

Minnesota Constitution, Article I - Bill of Rights Sec. 14: "Military power subordinate. The military shall be subordinate to the civil power and no standing army shall be maintained in this state in times of peace."

That says it right there.

I'm not saying it's right or legal, but the U.S. being at war (seemingly perpetually) negates any state law that has the term "in times of peace" as a condition to that law, correct?

So logically the next step would be to examine the justification, legality, and morality of exactly why the U.S. is at war.  If the conclusion of that examination is anything other than bona fide -- friends, we are in deep, deep trouble.  (<<-- rhetorical statement that was)

“go to work, send your kids to school
follow fashion, act normal
walk on the pavement, watch T.V.
save for your old age, obey the law
Repeat after me: I am free
Freeski

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »

I'm not saying it's right or legal, but the U.S. being at war (seemingly perpetually) negates any state law that has the term "in times of peace" as a condition to that law, correct?

So logically the next step would be to examine the justification, legality, and morality of exactly why the U.S. is at war.  If the conclusion of that examination is anything other than bona fide -- friends, we are in deep, deep trouble.  (<<-- rhetorical statement that was)

It has to be so complex that an entire industry builds up around it, just to explain it and help you deal with it. Bureaucracy and the law, what a joke! Without this we wouldn't have the military industrial complex.

Keep it simple.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dig

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »

So logically the next step would be to examine the justification, legality, and morality of exactly why the U.S. is at war.  If the conclusion of that examination is anything other than bona fide -- friends, we are in deep, deep trouble.  (<<-- rhetorical statement that was)

That is their so called logical explanation, but it is a complete failure. There is no constitutional war adn they know it. If they thought they could trick us into thinking domestic military presence were justified...THEY WOULD HAVE DONE IT BY NOW

Freeski

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 06:45:48 PM »

Actually it's a good point. Just because some law says the state promises to respect your right to this, that and the other thing, unless we're not "in times of peace", well then, that doesn't give them the authority to do Anything They Want just because we're not in a "time of peace". How insane!

citizenx

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 02:24:12 AM »

There should have to be a declaration of war.  At least Lincoln had such a declaration when he suspended habeas corpus and instituted marital law.

They don't have the balls or moral courage to decalre war on anybody (the U.S. Congress).  Even though the Americna people would probably have supported it, the war in Afghanistan was never decalred as such.  Nor was the war in Iraq.

They have no right to deploy troops in Minnesota evidently or any other state in the union.

Moreover, Lincoln notwithstanding, it is not clear to me that even an offical war abrogates our consitutional and legal rights or the rights of the states.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: