San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom to Veto Happy Meal Ban

Author Topic: San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom to Veto Happy Meal Ban  (Read 953 times)

Offline LibertyPrevails

« on: November 12, 2010, 04:06:25 am »

Mayor Gavin Newsom has announced that he will veto San Francisco’s ban on Mcdonald’s toy-containing Happy Meals. The news comes after city’s Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to ban the Happy Meal, deciding that toys cannot be included with meals that include excess calories, sodium and fat.

Full story with his quote as to why: http://shatterlimits.com/san-francisco-mayor-to-veto-happy-meal-ban/
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―Psalm 94:16

Offline Michal Ptacnik

Re: San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom to Veto Happy Meal Ban
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:16:37 am »
Shouldn't this be... I don't know, up to the parents?

I mean, IF the meals were given out for free, Zeitgeist style, of course there should be a commission that deals with their contend, but since we have to pay for it, shouldn't we be allowed to make that choice...?

Offline XR500Final2

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:29:40 am »
Should be every parents right to feed their kids dog food if they so choose, it should also be everyone else right to stand outside the McDonalds restaurant with a sign that says 'I don't feed my kids dog food do you?''

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:22:34 am »

He was probably told by the FDA that he needs to veto the ban because the Elites need to slow kill more kids in SF.  (sarcasm)

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 09:12:00 am »
He should veto it. If the parents dont want the food dont go. its that simple. And it just isnt McDonalds, its every food chain, every food chain offers something with kids meals. Even Dennys. Most restaurants offer crayons and coloring paper in the restaurant. That can be considered a toy.

What we need is less Government CONTROL, and more personal responsibility.
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

blackwater

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 01:21:34 pm »
The news said he will veto it, but it will pass anyway because they have the votes to override the veto....

He's only vetoing it to look good since he's the new Lt. Governor of California....

The Happy Meal Nazis have won!!!

Offline LibertyPrevails

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 03:47:31 pm »
He should veto it. If the parents dont want the food dont go. its that simple. And it just isnt McDonalds, its every food chain, every food chain offers something with kids meals. Even Dennys. Most restaurants offer crayons and coloring paper in the restaurant. That can be considered a toy.

What we need is less Government CONTROL, and more personal responsibility.

Not to mention they cite calories, fat, and sodium as the dietary offenders, but what about the GM food, the aspartame, the PLASTICS, etc. All of those are found in McAbominations worldwide.
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―Psalm 94:16