Bertrand Russell: 'wipe out major cities to redesign planet'

Author Topic: Bertrand Russell: 'wipe out major cities to redesign planet'  (Read 15351 times)

Offline metalfan_9

Bertrand Russell: 'wipe out major cities to redesign planet'
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
In the video:

Global Warming Alarmist Calls For Eco-Gulags To Re-Educate Climate Deniers - Alex Jones Tv 1/2
http://www.youtube.com/thealexjoneschannel#p/u/41/j5FipVfEWGw

At about 5mins30secs he states: "Bertrand Russell, he said wipe out major cities to redesign the planet."

I'd like to see the source of that quote or paraphrase. Anyone?

thanks

Offline stangrof

• http://www.ipernity.com/home/stangrof
You have to read his books , i think it is in " impact of science on society "
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
Oscar Wild
twitter :https://twitter.com/stangrof

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
I hate scribd now, with its 'recast' and 'sign in with facebook' and 'you cant save this because you have to pay for a subscription' its all a bunch of garbage.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
I hate scribd now, with its 'recast' and 'sign in with facebook' and 'you cant save this because you have to pay for a subscription' its all a bunch of garbage.

I agree. It is a pain since they changed it.

Here's the ebook at another source:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xd858vx2adiabbm

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
thank you Sir

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Pg 103 (pg 55 on pdf): (This is a quote that AJ mentions from time to time also)

"I do not pretend that birth control is the only way in which population can be kept from increasing. There are others, which, one must suppose, opponents of birth control would prefer. War, as I remarked a moment ago, has hitherto been disappointing in this respect, but perhaps bacteriological war may prove more effective. If a Black Death could be spread throughout the world once in every generation survivors could procreate freely without making the world too full."

pg 76: (pg 42 pdf)

But if human life is to continue in spite of science, mankind will have to learn a discipline of the passions which, in the past, has not been necessary. Men will have to submit to the law, even when they think the law unjust and iniquitous. Nations which are persuaded that they are only demanding the barest justice will have to acquiesce when this demand is denied them by the neutral authority. I do not say that this is easy; I do not prophesy that it will happen; I say only that if it does not happen the human race will perish, and will perish as a result of science.

A clear choice must be made within fifty years, the choice between Reason and Death. And by "Reason" I mean willingness to submit to law as declared by an international authority. I fear that mankind may choose Death. I hope I am mistaken.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
pg 111 (pg 59 pdf):

Second, as regards population. If there is not to be a permanent and increasing shortage of food, agriculture must be conducted by methods which are not wasteful of soil, and increase of population must not outrun the increase in food production rendered possible by technical improvements. At present neither condition is fulfilled. The population of the world is increasing, and its capacity for food production is diminishing. Such a state of affairs obviously cannot continue very long without producing a cataclysm.

To deal with this problem it will be necessary to find ways of preventing an increase in world population. If this is to be done otherwise than by wars, pestilences, and famines, it will demand a powerful international authority. This authority should deal out the world's food to the various nations in proportion to their population at the time of the establishment of the authority. If any nation subsequently increased its population it should not on that account receive any more food. The motive for not increasing population would therefore be very compelling. What method of preventing an increase might be preferred should be left to each State to decide.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
pg 50 (pg 29 pdf):

Fichte laid it down that education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. But in his day this was an unattainable ideal: what he regarded as the best system in existence produced Karl Marx. In future such failures are not likely to occur where there is dictatorship.

Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce
the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable
, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible. Even if all are miserable, all will believe themselves happy, because the government will tell them that they are so.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
In the video:

At about 5mins30secs he states: "Bertrand Russell, he said wipe out major cities to redesign the planet."

I'd like to see the source of that quote or paraphrase. Anyone?

thanks

I'm not positive, but I think this is the one he is referring to:

pg 102 (pg 55 pdf)

There must be a very general lowering of the standard of life in what are now prosperous countries. With that lowering there must go a great diminution in the demand for industrial products. Detroit will have to give up making private cars, and confine itself to lorries.

Such things as books, pianos, watches will become the rare luxuries of a few exceptionally powerful men-notably those who control the army and the police. In the end there will be a uniformity of misery, and the Malthusian law will reign unchecked. The world having been technically unified, population will increase when world harvests are good, and diminish by starvation whenever they are bad. Most of the present urban and industrial centers will have become derelict, and their inhabitants, if still alive, will have reverted to the peasant hardships of their medieval ancestors. The world will have achieved a new stability, but at the cost of everything that gives value to human life.

Lorries:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lorries

Detroit is now a ghost town and its car industry ripped apart. Do a search on DETROIT and see what you find! This is not the only big city that is struggling financially.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Mirrored @ Impact of Science on Society by Bertrand Russell

Thanks, MonkeyPuppet!  Another book that should be read.   :)   

It's amazing how these guys think they are so superior to the rest of the human race (I should say these creatures). Their arrogance in thinking THEY get to make our decisions, and those of the planet, is outrageous! The way these guys think, they belong in straight jackets, not in key policymaking places!
  ::)

In addition to MonkeyPuppet's direct link, here are the rest to the book:

Ebook: "Impact of Science on Society" by Bertrand Russell
http://www.scribd.com/doc/30042334/The-Impact-of-Science-on-Society-by-Bertrand-Russell

Here's the ebook at another source:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xd858vx2adiabbm

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Check here for further excerpts of the Malthusian nutjob who wrote this book. There are a few more I will be posting:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=8552&hl=

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Pg 34 (pg 61 pdf): (POWER OF THE VOTE - DESPITE WHAT SOME TELL YOU)

Suppose you are an American, interested in a Presidential election. If you are a Senator or a Congressman, you can have a considerable influence, but the odds are about 100,000 to I that you are neither. If you are a ward politician you can do something. But if you are an ordinary citizen you can only vote. And I do not think there has ever been a Presidential election where one man's abstention would have altered the result. And so you feel as powerless as if you lived under a dictatorship. You are, of course, committing the classical fallacy of the heap, but most people's minds work that way.

ANY TRUE AMERICAN WILL VOTE, PERIOD! NOVEMBER 2, 2010 IS ONE OF THE MOST URGENT VOTES IN A LONG TIME. GET INFORMED, AND VOTE!

WE MUST VOTE OUT INCUMBENTS UNLESS YOU ARE DEAD SURE THEY WORK FOR YOU. THEN HOLD ANY REPLACEMENTS FEET TO THE FIRE! THIS IS A NECESSITY! YOUR VOTE DOES HAVE POWER, AND IT'S THE WAY WE GET THE ATTENTION OF DC. IF YOU GIVE UP THIS RIGHT BECAUSE SOME SAY IT'S USELESS, YOU ARE A FOOL AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING.

YES, THERE ARE SOME CHEATERS IN ELECTIONS, BUT THERE ARE ALSO GOOD POLLING STATIONS WITH PEOPLE WHO ACT RESPONSIBLY. CAST YOUR VOTE. IT IS YOUR POWER AS A CITIZEN! IT IS NEEDED IN NOVEMBER 2010! AND PLEASE DO IT FROM AN EDUCATED STANCE, INSTEAD OF JUST VOTING FOR "A PARTY". GET INFORMED BECAUSE THEN YOUR VOTE COUNTS FOR EVEN MORE!

Offline birther truther tenther

• Against all forms of tyranny
Re: Bertrand Russell: 'wipe out major cities to redesign planet'
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »

If you have read Squarepusher's Cybernetics/Venus Project Exposed  "sticky" thread, then you have came across my reply on there where I analyze Venus Project's FAQ.

#24 What would be done with the old cities?

Most of the old cities would be leveled and mined for their resources. They are too inefficient to maintain. Some of the cities would be set aside as museum cities.

Hey, that sounds like Detroit, Michigan right now! Remember this article? (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/5516536/US-cities-may-have-to-be-bulldozed-in-order-to-survive.html)

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »

Detroit is now a ghost town and its car industry ripped apart. Do a search on DETROIT and see what you find! This is not the only big city that is struggling financially.

I think (again) oddly that it was Tacitus in his speech for the Caledonians (the united Highland Scots Chieftain Calgacus) in 98 AD who best described how (and why) nothing is ever safe from Imperial Corporatists:

"Whenever I consider the origin of this war and the necessities of our position, I have a sure confidence that this day, and this union of yours, will be the beginning of freedom to the whole of Britain. To all of us slavery is a thing unknown; there are no lands beyond us, and even the sea is not safe, menaced as we are by a Roman fleet. And thus in war and battle, in which the brave find glory, even the coward will find safety. Former contests, in which, with varying fortune, the Romans were resisted, still left in us a last hope of succour, inasmuch as being the most renowned nation of Britain, dwelling in the very heart of the country, and out of sight of the shores of the conquered, we could keep even our eyes unpolluted by the contagion of slavery.

To us who dwell on the uttermost confines of the earth and of freedom, this remote sanctuary of Britain's glory has up to this time been a defence. Now, however, the furthest limits of Britain are thrown open, and the unknown always passes for the marvellous. But there are no tribes beyond us, nothing indeed but waves and rocks, and the yet there still come more terrible Romans, from whose oppression escape is vainly sought by obedience and submission.

Robbers of the world, having by their universal plunder exhausted the land, they rifle the deep. If the enemy be rich, they are rapacious; if he be poor, they lust for dominion; neither the east nor the west has been able to satisfy them. Alone among men they covet with equal eagerness both poverty and riches. To ravage, to slaughter, to usurp under false titles, they call it empire; and where they make a desert, they call it peace."

Tacitus - "Agricola"

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
Yep, the same old story, just a new day! These people are the lowest of the low. They are exposed!

Viper

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 04:48:28 PM »
I think (again) oddly that it was Tacitus...

Thanks, the ol' brain fired up for a moment theres, well done. ;D