How old is the Earth? ( old as dirt of course :-)

Author Topic: How old is the Earth? ( old as dirt of course :-)  (Read 48108 times)

Offline Vinyard

• Make $500 on FaceBook
Re: How old is the Earth? ( old as dirt of course :-)
« Reply #400 on: December 01, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »
I was once a believer in the 4.6 billion year old Earth but now I believe the Earth is 6000 years old. I really, really researched the subject and now I'm 100% sure that our planet is around 6000 years old. Do you guys really believe that 3 billion years ago it rained on our planet for millions of years which created life somehow which then evolved for no reason to the humans we are today? Do you guys believe that? That's SPECULATION at best, that's not even a good theory. I can rant all day long about how many errors that theory has. Don't forget that the Elites infiltrated our school system a long time ago, they can tell our kids anything and they will believe it. The best piece of information and research I can give you about a young Earth is from Dr. Kent Hovind. Visit his website at www.drdino.com and watch all 8 seminars. It's about 17 hours in total but it's worth it! Totally!
He also talks a lot about Illuminati, NWO, chemtrails etc etc. He's a very wise man.

For those of you who believe our world is 4.6 billion years old. At least research what young earthers are saying. Starting with Kent Hovinds' seminars is a good start. Slowly you will realize that everything we know about the big bang theory/evolution theory is nothing but a big hoax to demoralize humans and they did a good job. If our kids learn in school that we started out as slime which evolved over 3 billion years, what will the effect be? They will feel worthless. They will feel like we don't have any special mission on Earth. We weren't put here for any reason. We might as well commit sins and hurt other people. That's the effect it has. And meanwhile, Hollywood keeps spewing out filth and violence every day which DOES have an effect on the human mind. Trust me folks, the elites have already won. We pay these crooks every month and we know it's going into their pockets. If the elites haven't won we would've risen up against them a long time ago. But they have already won, they're just placing the last pieces of puzzles back together. We know we're paying our hard earned money to them every month but we can't do anything about it. One can tell if he is beaten if he volontarily pays someone which he is not obliged to do.
Just take care of yourself and your family, stock up on food and water, have lots of gasoline ready and be prepared for what's coming.
" Some say they expect Illuminati take my body to sleep
N***** at the party with they shotties just as rowdy as me
Before I flee computer chips I gotta deal wit brothas flippin'
I don't see no Devils bleedin' only black blood drippin' "

Tupac Shakur

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #401 on: December 01, 2011, 07:59:50 pm »
a really good post.  :)
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline global_fiefdom

« Reply #402 on: December 01, 2011, 09:20:25 pm »
The really scary thing about young earth theory is how quickly Pangaea allegedly separated (post Babel, during Peleg's time).

Evolutionists in general say drift occurred over millions of years.
Young earthers say drift occurs quickly during short periods of extreme upheaval.

Someone is wrong and I have a feeling weather warfare deployment could accelerate an already unexpectedly rapid drift schedule.

Get my drift? lol  ::)

Also, History channel can blahblahblah all they want about aliens making underground research facilities in South American mountains...
But there is not evidence that some very strange human culture didn't do this, or that we don't have all the technical data from the past,
or the Nephilim have been here in the flesh all along, doing research in remote places, hiding in plain sight from sheeplike humanity.

@.@

Offline Femacamper

• LIVE FREE OR DIE!
    • PLANET INFOWARS
« Reply #403 on: December 03, 2011, 04:12:51 am »
I was once a believer in the 4.6 billion year old Earth but now I believe the Earth is 6000 years old. I really, really researched the subject and now I'm 100% sure that our planet is around 6000 years old. Do you guys really believe that 3 billion years ago it rained on our planet for millions of years which created life somehow which then evolved for no reason to the humans we are today? Do you guys believe that? That's SPECULATION at best, that's not even a good theory. I can rant all day long about how many errors that theory has. Don't forget that the Elites infiltrated our school system a long time ago, they can tell our kids anything and they will believe it. The best piece of information and research I can give you about a young Earth is from Dr. Kent Hovind. Visit his website at www.drdino.com and watch all 8 seminars. It's about 17 hours in total but it's worth it! Totally!
He also talks a lot about Illuminati, NWO, chemtrails etc etc. He's a very wise man.

For those of you who believe our world is 4.6 billion years old. At least research what young earthers are saying. Starting with Kent Hovinds' seminars is a good start. Slowly you will realize that everything we know about the big bang theory/evolution theory is nothing but a big hoax to demoralize humans and they did a good job. If our kids learn in school that we started out as slime which evolved over 3 billion years, what will the effect be? They will feel worthless. They will feel like we don't have any special mission on Earth. We weren't put here for any reason. We might as well commit sins and hurt other people. That's the effect it has. And meanwhile, Hollywood keeps spewing out filth and violence every day which DOES have an effect on the human mind. Trust me folks, the elites have already won. We pay these crooks every month and we know it's going into their pockets. If the elites haven't won we would've risen up against them a long time ago. But they have already won, they're just placing the last pieces of puzzles back together. We know we're paying our hard earned money to them every month but we can't do anything about it. One can tell if he is beaten if he volontarily pays someone which he is not obliged to do.
Just take care of yourself and your family, stock up on food and water, have lots of gasoline ready and be prepared for what's coming.

Words well-timed and well-spoken.

Offline ex_nihilo

• YHWH prevails Rev 20:10
« Reply #404 on: January 12, 2012, 09:36:57 am »
The really scary thing about young earth theory is how quickly Pangaea allegedly separated (post Babel, during Peleg's time).

Evolutionists in general say drift occurred over millions of years.
Young earthers say drift occurs quickly during short periods of extreme upheaval.

Someone is wrong and I have a feeling weather warfare deployment could accelerate an already unexpectedly rapid drift schedule.

Get my drift? lol  ::)

Also, History channel can blahblahblah all they want about aliens making underground research facilities in South American mountains...
But there is not evidence that some very strange human culture didn't do this, or that we don't have all the technical data from the past,
or the Nephilim have been here in the flesh all along, doing research in remote places, hiding in plain sight from sheeplike humanity.

@.@

The "division" in peleg's time most likely refers to the division of people by language barriers.

From a young earth creationist webpage:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/cm/v22/n1/peleg

Quote from: AnswersInGenesis.org

Four generations after Noah, Genesis 10:25 records the birth of Peleg (meaning division) “for in his days was the earth divided”. Some suggest the continents of the earth were divided at this time. However, this seems unlikely, as such a process would have had to occur within a very confined time period. The resultant geological violence would be overwhelmingly catastrophic—like another Noahic Flood all over again. Any continental separation thus likely occurred during the Flood. 1

The traditional interpretation, which seems more reasonable, relates this verse to the division of people/nations at the Tower of Babel event in Genesis 11. (Just like the English “earth” can have a variety of meanings, the Hebrew erets can also mean nation(s)—thus erets Yisrael, the land (nation, people) of Israel.) According to the biblical chronology as deduced by Archbishop Ussher, the Flood occurred in 2349–2348 BC, and Peleg was born in 2247 BC about a hundred years later. Do ancient writers shed any light on when this happened? The answer is a resounding yes.

An open mind, like an open wound, is prone to infection. -ex_nihilo

Offline ex_nihilo

« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2012, 09:59:04 am »
The best piece of information and research I can give you about a young Earth is from Dr. Kent Hovind. Visit his website at www.drdino.com and watch all 8 seminars. It's about 17 hours in total but it's worth it! Totally!

Other good resources for Young Earth are:

www.answersingenesis.org  They don't talk about NWO or Illuminati or anything, but they do talk alot about the distortion of history and have a specific focus on "Biblical Authority and Accuracy". They have a current article series disputing supposed contradictions. AIG also built the creation museum in Kentucky. www.creationmuseum.org  and are currently building a full scale Noah's Ark attraction.

www.icr.org  Institute for Creation Research

Offline Lannister

« Reply #406 on: January 12, 2012, 11:11:08 am »
Hate to break this to people but when you justify the existence of dinosaur bones and other nick-knacks obviously older than recorded history that we have by saying God put them there to test our faith your entire argument no matter how convincing or laughable it is falls completely apart. 

In other words, when the foundation of your scientific belief system rest solely on the existence of God and His actions it is no longer scientific. 

Find another way.

Offline ex_nihilo

« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2012, 12:35:20 pm »
Hate to break this to people but when you justify the existence of dinosaur bones and other nick-knacks obviously older than recorded history that we have by saying God put them there to test our faith your entire argument no matter how convincing or laughable it is falls completely apart. 

Did anyone use this obviously flawed argument?

In other words, when the foundation of your scientific belief system rest solely on the existence of God and His actions it is no longer scientific. 

Find another way.

You're wrong. The only reason science, the study of the natural universe and its laws and systems, is possible is because Yahweh created it with an orderly fashion in which to understand it.

If your statement were correct, Issacc Newton and Johannes Kepler and MANY other scientists of the day who based their beliefs on God creating the universe and sustaining it would not have been able to perform science in any way.

Offline Dok

« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2012, 12:53:06 pm »

The "division" in peleg's time most likely refers to the division of people by language barriers.

From a young earth creationist webpage:

isnt there a 2 generation gap between the Tower of Babel and Peleg? just saying...
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline ex_nihilo

« Reply #409 on: January 12, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »
isnt there a 2 generation gap between the Tower of Babel and Peleg? just saying...

You're counting from Noah to Nimrod who founded Babel. There's two reasons why that doesn't work.

1. Babel was already established when the division occurred. It couldn't have occurred at the founding of babel, you have to allow enough time to build the tower.

2. A "generation" does not give a definite time duration.

Shem is likely the eldest son as his name always comes first in the list of Noah's sons and would have had more time to have children.

Lengths of time are not given to Japeth or Ham's generations because they are not the line from which the Christ Jesus would decend.

From the time of the Flood to Peleg's birth is about 200 years, but Peleg was already born when the division happened as it occurred "in his days" meaning at some point during his lifetime of 239 years.

Here is a good visual timeline for reference: http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/pdf/2005/TimelineOfTheBible.pdf

Offline Dok

« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »
uhm, its about 200 years after the dispersion from Babel for languages that the dispersion of Peleg happens.
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline Dok

« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2012, 02:44:08 pm »
Babylon begins
The year was 331 BC. After Alexander the Great had defeated Darius at Gaugmela near Arbela, he journeyed to Babylon. Here he received 1903 years of astronomical observations from the Chaldeans, which they claimed dated back to the founding of Babylon. If this was so, then that would place the founding of Babylon in 2234 BC, or about thirteen years after the birth of Peleg. This was recorded in the sixth book of De Caelo (“About the heavens”) by Simplicius, a Latin writer in the 6th century AD. Porphyry (an anti-Christian Greek philosopher, c. 234–305 AD) also deduced the same number.2

That is from Answers in Genesis, im a little taken aback that they would use such a source for their interpretation.
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline ex_nihilo

« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2012, 02:47:29 pm »
uhm, its about 200 years after the dispersion from Babel for languages that the dispersion of Peleg happens.

Eh? I don't understand how you get that.  ???

That is from Answers in Genesis, im a little taken aback that they would use such a source for their interpretation.

The title of the article is "Ancient Documents Are Consistent with the Total Accuracy of the Bible’s Chronology." That doesn't mean they agree with the entirety of the source, only that their histories are consistent.

Offline Lannister

« Reply #413 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:35 pm »
In answer to both your statements I will leave you with this.

Yes, someone did use this flawed argument earlier in the thread.  In addition, after your own admission that this is flawed you go on to use the same circular logic to make your case.

Again, the "God created it thusly" argument rears its head.

"You're wrong. The only reason science, the study of the natural universe and its laws and systems, is possible is because Yahweh created it with an orderly fashion in which to understand it. "

"Did anyone use this obviously flawed argument?"

Did anyone use this obviously flawed argument?

You're wrong. The only reason science, the study of the natural universe and its laws and systems, is possible is because Yahweh created it with an orderly fashion in which to understand it.

If your statement were correct, Issacc Newton and Johannes Kepler and MANY other scientists of the day who based their beliefs on God creating the universe and sustaining it would not have been able to perform science in any way.

Offline ex_nihilo

« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2012, 12:01:23 pm »
In answer to both your statements I will leave you with this.

Yes, someone did use this flawed argument earlier in the thread.  In addition, after your own admission that this is flawed you go on to use the same circular logic to make your case.

Again, the "God created it thusly" argument rears its head.

"You're wrong. The only reason science, the study of the natural universe and its laws and systems, is possible is because Yahweh created it with an orderly fashion in which to understand it. "

"Did anyone use this obviously flawed argument?"

The flawed argument I referred to was "the existence of dinosaur bones and other nick-knacks obviously older than recorded history that we have by saying God put them there to test our faith". Nowhere did I say or support this argument.

Please explain how "God created" is circular logic. You, with your intelligent mind, created a message to post on this forum to convey a particular viewpoint in a coherent ordered manner which is understandable by others. Is this also circular logic?

If you want to talk about bad logic we certainly can. How about the tired argument "matter comes from nothing" of the big bang, and "life comes from non-life" violating the LAW of biogenesis. These arguments are not just bad logic, they're incredibly stupid.

stupid
— adj
1.    lacking in common sense, perception, or normal intelligence

Offline Dok

« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2012, 10:01:49 am »
Age of the Earth Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hh8h3fD3O4&feature=youtube

How old does the Bible say the earth and universe is? Is there evidence for a young earth? Are there any problems with the evidence for billions of years? Is there any reason to question that the earth is billions of years old? Should we have a blind faith? A blind faith in billions of years or are there valid questions that should be asked?
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline Lannister

« Reply #416 on: January 31, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »
Sorry, I with my intelligent mind don't exist.  God thought that message and this one into existence to test your faith.  Therefore God exists and the Earth is only 6000 years old. 

Circular logic, round and round....

Yes God uses Sarcasm....

The flawed argument I referred to was "the existence of dinosaur bones and other nick-knacks obviously older than recorded history that we have by saying God put them there to test our faith". Nowhere did I say or support this argument.

Please explain how "God created" is circular logic. You, with your intelligent mind, created a message to post on this forum to convey a particular viewpoint in a coherent ordered manner which is understandable by others. Is this also circular logic?

If you want to talk about bad logic we certainly can. How about the tired argument "matter comes from nothing" of the big bang, and "life comes from non-life" violating the LAW of biogenesis. These arguments are not just bad logic, they're incredibly stupid.

stupid
— adj
1.    lacking in common sense, perception, or normal intelligence