Labeling Deception: Manufacturers Rename ‘Corn Syrup’ To ‘Corn Sugar’

Author Topic: Labeling Deception: Manufacturers Rename ‘Corn Syrup’ To ‘Corn Sugar’  (Read 15962 times)

Offline tritonman

There arrogance knows no bounds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100914/ap_on_bi_ge/us_corn_syrup_image

By EMILY FREDRIX, AP Marketing Writer Emily Fredrix, Ap Marketing Writer – 1 hr 24 mins ago
NEW YORK – The makers of high fructose corn syrup want to sweeten up its image with a new name: corn sugar.

The bid to rename the sweetener by the Corn Refiners Association comes as Americans' concerns about health and obesity have sent consumption of high fructose corn syrup, used in soft drinks but also in bread, cereal and other foods, to a 20-year low.

Approval could take two years, but that's not stopping the industry from using the term now in advertising. There's a new online marketing campaign at http://www.cornsugar.com and on television

Offline larsonstdoc

Poisonous HFCS new disguise: CORN SUGAR <-- Sheep's Clothing
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:47:22 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  They never give up.  They always use the same tactic--CHANGE THE NAME TO FOOL THE SHEEP.

For instance Aspartame--other names

Nutrasweet

Equal

Spoonful

etc.....
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Poisonous HFCS new disguise: CORN SUGAR <-- Sheep's Clothing
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
There arrogance knows no bounds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100914/ap_on_bi_ge/us_corn_syrup_image

By EMILY FREDRIX, AP Marketing Writer Emily Fredrix, Ap Marketing Writer – 1 hr 24 mins ago
NEW YORK – The makers of high fructose corn syrup want to sweeten up its image with a new name: corn sugar.

The bid to rename the sweetener by the Corn Refiners Association comes as Americans' concerns about health and obesity have sent consumption of high fructose corn syrup, used in soft drinks but also in bread, cereal and other foods, to a 20-year low.

Approval could take two years, but that's not stopping the industry from using the term now in advertising. There's a new online marketing campaign at http://www.cornsugar.com and on television

We've got to make sure everyone learns about this new wolf in sheep's clothing:

High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is now going under cover as CORN SUGAR.

These people are just incredibly disgusting.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline birther truther tenther

• Against all forms of tyranny
Re: Poisonous HFCS new disguise: CORN SUGAR <-- Sheep's Clothing
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »
After "corn sugar" runs its course, they might start calling it "natural sugar".

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
Here's the website for the "Corn Refiners Association"
http://www.cornsugar.com/

Say... swastikas much?

This gives new meaning to the word 'subliminal'.

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
Here's the website for the "Corn Refiners Association"
http://www.cornsugar.com/

Say... swastikas much?

This gives new meaning to the word 'subliminal'.

Excellent Pilikia.  I live by cornfields.  NONE OF THEM LOOK LIKE THE ONE'S IN THIS PICTURE.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »
"Approval could take two years, but that's not stopping the industry from using the term now in advertising."

Really?  Two years?  I have already spotted the ingredients 'corn sugar' on some Nabisco products and other name brand products out there!!  Be careful folks these sly bastards are already doing this!

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline LibertyPrevails

Labeling Deception: Manufacturers Rename ‘Corn Syrup’ To ‘Corn Sugar’
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
Labeling Deception: Manufacturers Rename ‘Corn Syrup’ To ‘Corn Sugar’ To Trick Consumers
September 14, 2010

As the morbid health effects of high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) continue to be brought to the forefront of the media, the Corn Refiners Association has decided to give their sinister product a labeling makeover.

The desire for change comes after the consumption of HFCS dropped to a 20-year low. This drop is due to activists and health advocates exposing HFCS as a mercury-filled obesity bomb. The name change could take up to two years to go into effect.

Full article: http://shatterlimits.com/labeling-deception-manufacturers-rename-corn-syrup-to-corn-sugar-to-trick-consumers/

“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―Psalm 94:16

charrington

Goodbye High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hello Corn Sugar (Signed, Corn Industry)
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »

NEW YORK — The makers of high fructose corn syrup want to sweeten its image with a new name: corn sugar.

The Corn Refiners Association applied Tuesday to the federal government for permission to use the name on food labels. The group hopes a new name will ease confusion about the sweetener, which is used in soft drinks, bread, cereal and other products.

Americans' consumption of corn syrup has fallen to a 20-year low on consumer concerns that it is more harmful or more likely to cause obesity than ordinary sugar, perceptions for which there is little scientific evidence.

However, some scientists have linked consumption of full-calorie soda – the vast majority of which is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup – to obesity.

The Food and Drug Administration could take two years to decide on the name, but that's not stopping the industry from using the term now in advertising.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/corn-sugar-high-fructose-corn-syrup_n_716007.html

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »
"Approval could take two years, but that's not stopping the industry from using the term now in advertising."

Really?  Two years?  I have already spotted the ingredients 'corn sugar' on some Nabisco products and other name brand products out there!!  Be careful folks these sly bastards are already doing this!

Wow. Good catch Donnay - they LIE like Rocks.
We need to let everyone know about this bullsh*t - they're so deceitful! Once they realized people were avoiding HFCS, they think changing the name will keep us from finding out? Next they'll be calling fluoride a new name; 'dentalgood' or 'healthytooth".
Do you think they feed their own families HFCS? I doubt it.

Offline donnay

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
Products switching to other sweeteners
Corn syrup under fire as latest food 'bad guy'

Emily Bryson York Chicago Tribune   Arizona Daily Star |  Posted: Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:00 am

First it was calories, then it was fat and sodium. The latest health concern: high-fructose corn syrup, and the trend is accelerating.

As the country struggles with obesity issues, ingredients in food have been under increasing scrutiny, bringing some confusion to the marketplace but also opportunities for companies as they try to differentiate themselves in a competitive grocery store.

Consumer concern has been getting a quick response from food companies, as many remove high-fructose corn syrup from well-known products, replacing it with cane or beet sugar. Downers Grove, Ill.-based Sara Lee Corp. is the latest to jump on board, removing the sweetener from its two best-selling breads.

Among the litany of big-name products that already have undergone recipe overhauls: Hunt's ketchup, Gatorade and everything in Starbucks' pastry case.

High-fructose corn syrup, the widely used and inexpensive sweetener, has been getting a critical look from food scientists and many American families, due at least in part to books, movies and studies looking at why Americans continue to gain weight. First lady Michelle Obama has said she won't feed her daughters products containing the ingredient.

Many medical and nutritional professionals, as well as the Corn Refiners Association, contend that all sweeteners are metabolized the same way.

A Princeton University study, on the other hand, has shown that long-term consumption of high-fructose corn syrup does lead to abnormal increases in body fat, especially around the belly.

Books including "The Omnivore's Dilemma" have added to the debate, charging that widespread use of high-fructose corn syrup is part of what's wrong with the American diet. And movies such as "Food, Inc." have heightened many consumers' skepticism about Big Food.

Last week, officials at Sara Lee, the maker of Jimmy Dean sausages and the well-known frozen cheesecake, announced they would remove high-fructose corn syrup from their Soft & Smooth and 100 percent Whole Wheat bread lines because their consumers - moms in particular - had asked them to.

"We're seeing more and more consumers asking for products without high-fructose corn syrup," said Jeff Dryfhout, director of Sara Lee North American Fresh Bakery.

Over the past few years, Kraft Foods Inc. has removed high-fructose corn syrup from its Capri Sun juice drinks, Wheat Thins, Premium crackers, Nabisco 100-calorie packs and the majority of its salad dressings.

Read more...

"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline Overcast

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »
Wow. Good catch Donnay - they LIE like Rocks.
We need to let everyone know about this bullsh*t - they're so deceitful! Once they realized people were avoiding HFCS, they think changing the name will keep us from finding out? Next they'll be calling fluoride a new name; 'dentalgood' or 'healthytooth".
Do you think they feed their own families HFCS? I doubt it.

That stuff wrecks havoc on my digestive system. I think it causes more issues too - I think I'm just more sensitive to it than most.

I find cutting off of it to the best of my ability really helps with a lot.

But that's ok - name it whatever; I'll still avoid it.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

wvoutlaw2002

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/14/a-new-name-for-high-fructose-corn-syrup/?emc=eta1

Marion Nestle, a professor in New York University’s department of nutrition and a longtime food industry critic (BWHAHAHAHA! More like "apologist", not "critic"), says that Americans consume too much of all types of sugar, but that there is no meaningful biochemical difference between table sugar and high-fructose corn syrup. ("You're a crazy conspiracy theorist to say HFCS is worse than sugar, has hidden MSG, and has mercury. Shut up with your obesity troofer nonsense. Now eat your MSG and GMO foods, drink your aspartame, and SHUT UP, SLAVE!")

I’m not eager to help the corn refiners sell more of their stuff,” Dr. Nestle wrote in an e-mail. “But you have to feel sorry for them. High-fructose corn syrup is the new trans fat. Everyone thinks it’s poison, and food companies are getting rid of it as fast as they can.”

Dr. Nestle says she thinks the plural “corn sugars” is a better description of high-fructose corn syrup, which is actually a mixture of glucose and fructose. But she agrees that the corn refiners “have lots of reasons to want the change.”

“Even I have to admit that it’s not an unreasonable one,” Dr. Nestle said.

Michael Jacobson, executive director of the health advocacy - MY ASS - group Center for Science in the Public Interest Criminals for Slavery in the Pharmaceutical Interest, said he thought the term “high-fructose corn syrup” had misled many into thinking the sweetener was composed mainly of fructose, a simple sugar found in honey and fruit.

Sugar and high-fructose corn syrup are nutritionally the same,’’ (Note the psyop the MIT ZioNazi is spewing here. He's counting on the sheeple to believe HFCS and sugar are one and the same so they will call for ALL sugar - including raw organic cane sugar and raw organic brown sugar - to be banned through either government action - new laws - or government coercion - new taxes) said Dr. Jacobson, who has a doctorate in microbiology. “I don’t know if ‘corn sugar’ is the best term, but it’s better than ‘high-fructose corn syrup.’ ’’

Offline donnay

Avoiding High Fructose Corn Syrup

(...)

High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) ? also called maize syrup or glucose-fructose syrupInformed Choices Blog, see "Edit:" at bottom of article: THE SWEET LIFE: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP/ISOGLUCOSEGlucose fructose syrup: the crack of sweeteners Netmums in the UK, and glucose/fructoseAgriculture and Agri-Food Canada: The Canadian Soft Drink Industry "Glucose/fructose is a generic term for high fructose corn syrup or HFCS" Retrieved November 5, 2009 in Canada ? comprises any of a group of corn syrups that has undergone enzymatic processing to convert its glucose into fructose to produce a desired sweetness. In the United States, consumer foods and products typically use high-fructose corn syrup as a sugar substitute. In the United States, it has become very common in processed foods and beverages, including breads, cereals, breakfast bars, lunch meats, yogurts, soups and condiments.

(...)

B&M Original Baked Beans
Contadina Tomato Paste
Claussen Pickles - Bread and Butter Chips
Yoplait Yogurts
Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
Knott's Boysenberry preserves
Smucker's Grape Jelly
Pepperidge Farm's Puff Pastry sheets
Miracle Whip
Capri Sun Drinks
Wish-Bone Classic Caesar
Oscar Mayer Lunchables
Campbells Vegatable soup (in microwaveable bowl)
Stove Top Stuffing
Hanson's All-Natural Soda (all flavors)
Brownberry Breads
Pepperidge Farm's line of 100% whole grain breads
Sara Lee Heart Healthy Whole Grain Bread.
Thomas English Muffins
Wonderbread
Pop Tarts
Kellog's All Bran Cereal
Frosted Mini Wheats
Raison Bran
Power Bars
Life Savers
Fiber One Bars

More good info..

Offline duckandcover

What's in a name, ya know? I heard that they've found high lead levels in corn syrup anyway. Don't believe the advertising, only 'good' sugars are honey, molasses, rapadura and maybe agave nectar.

wvoutlaw2002

What's in a name, ya know? I heard that they've found high lead levels in corn syrup anyway. Don't believe the advertising, only 'good' sugars are honey, molasses, rapadura and maybe agave nectar.

LMAO! Agave nectar - more like high fructose agave syrup - has an even higher fructose content than HFCS.