Something else that's come back that the Taliban had pretty successfully banned: Child TraffickingBacha Bazi: Child Trafficking and Exploitation in Afghanistan
International Children's Day
International Children’s Day on June 1st calls attention to the welfare of children around the world. Urging the international community to take steps which will protect and promote children’s rights, International Children’s Day brings awareness to the Convention on the Rights of the Child, one of the most widely accepted treaties ratified by the United Nations. One of many violations of children’s rights globally occurs in Afghanistan to young boys sold into prostitution and slavery in a practice called Bacha Bazi.
Casulaties of War
One of the greatest casualties of war is the abuse and exploitation of children. Children are beaten, raped and recruited as child soldiers in wars around the world. The darker side of America’s commitment to the war in Afghanistan is our support of a government backed by warlords and drug lords that do not actively prosecute crimes against children. Our allies in Afghanistan prey upon the weakest and most vulnerable of Afghan society—children. Reviving the ancient tradition of Bacha Bazi or “boy play,” young Afghan boys are sold into slavery and prostitution and bought by powerful warlords, police officials and drug lords. Afghani government officials whose job it is to investigate reports of abuse and punish abusers are themselves participants in Bacha Bazi.
for more about this story:http://hubpages.com/hub/Bacha-Bazi-Child-Trafficking-and-Exploitation-in-Afghanistan
Again, good work, NATO!
Way to bring back "bitch boys". (I guess you make it clear what your preferences are.)
BTW, just read a story about the heroin trade only being 3B (obviouysly not street price in the west) and how it was being used to help the resurgent Taliban. Ha. What lousy propaganda. I guess the markup though is about 2,000 percent, though. Doesn't really surprise me. Nobody in Afghanistan is making the real money. The farmers get only a third of that 5%. The other two-thirds go to kickbacks in Afghanistan and local distributors. Who's getting the other 95% of the profits?