Zombies, cowards, and self-appointed know-it-alls

Author Topic: Zombies, cowards, and self-appointed know-it-alls  (Read 29724 times)

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
Zombies, cowards, and self-appointed know-it-alls
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »
I often hear people in the anti-NWO/pro-America movement express frustration at their inability to get their friends and family members to realize just how criminal, illegitimate and predatory the banker-owned "U.S." government has become.

If you're one of those people, then allow me to alleviate your frustration by explaining why your inability to awaken others is -- in all or most cases -- not your fault, but that of the individuals to whom you're trying to reach out.

First, I'd say roughly 1/3 of the population (perhaps more, but no less than that) are in too much of a zombified mental state -- due to the combined effect of compulsory schooling, habitual TV-watching and chemical lobotomization -- to even qualify as human anymore.

You can easily find such "people" sitting in pubs and taverns, staring glassy-eyed at God the almighty television. These are the ones who, if on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg, would -- upon being informed of the urgency of the situation -- respond with something moronic like: "Huh? Iceberg? Freezing cold water? Life boats? Oh, uh, well, I'm just not interested in any of that 'oceanography' stuff." (Sound familiar?)

Then, after looking at you like you're a weirdo for even having an interest in the matter, they'd go right back to watching the ball game.

The reason you can't awaken them is that there is simply nothing to wake up.

As for the remaining 2/3, the vast majority are either:

* moral and intellectual cowards who fear losing the emotional comfort that their delusional, myth-based, ruling class-approved worldview affords them more than they do anything else (this category includes both "rapture" cultists and coincidence theorists); or

* self-righteous, self-appointed know-it-alls who have too much of their precious egos invested in the presumed legitimacy of the parasitic, eugenics-obsessed political establishment to admit to just how badly they've allowed themselves to be deceived, manipulated and betrayed over and over again by the bought-off politicians who front for -- and the media whores who shill for -- that criminal establishment, and to what arrogant pricks they've been in childishly ridiculing and demonizing anyone who dared criticize their beloved establishment in a (gasp!) meaningful, factual, non-partisan way.

In either case you're dealing with people who don't want to know what's really going on. Whether due to intellectual cowardice or self-righteous arrogance, these are the types who'd rather climb Mount Everest to be told yet another comforting lie by the establishment in which they've invested so much blind faith over the years than stand still and be told a discomforting truth by an informed critic of that establishment.

(That's not to say you should never try to reach out to them, just that, once it becomes obvious you're merely casting pearls before swine, it's best to just say "enjoy the bliss" and move on to someone with eyes to see and ears to listen.)

It's worth noting that, despite their differences, all three types -- the zombies, the cowards, the self-appointed know-it-alls -- have the same general reaction upon being told about such things as false flag terrorism, banker-engineered depressions, and the NWO agenda: they blindly dismiss them as (you guessed it) "conspiracy theories."

Through what I can only describe as a form of media-based mind control, hundreds of millions of Americans have been literally "conditioned" to have just that sort of mindless knee-jerk reaction.

If you're unfamiliar with Pavlovian conditioning, allow me to provide a brief introduction:

------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning

The original and most famous example of classical conditioning involved the salivary conditioning of Pavlov's dogs. During his research on the physiology of digestion in dogs, Pavlov noticed that, rather than simply salivating in the presence of meat powder (an innate response to food that he called the unconditioned response), the dogs began to salivate in the presence of the lab technician who normally fed them. Pavlov called these psychic secretions. From this observation he predicted that, if a particular stimulus in the dog’s surroundings were present when the dog was presented with meat powder, then this stimulus would become associated with food and cause salivation on its own. In his initial experiment, Pavlov used a metronome to call the dogs to their food and, after a few repetitions, the dogs started to salivate in response to the metronome. Thus, a neutral stimulus (metronome) became a conditioned stimulus (CS) as a result of consistent pairing with the unconditioned stimulus (US - meat powder in this example). Pavlov referred to this learned relationship as a conditional reflex (now called Conditioned Response).

[Continued...]

------------------------------------

I assume everyone now knows what I mean when I say there are countless millions of people in this country who, no matter how well-documented and fact-based the viewpoint in question is, all have the same Pavlovian response to that viewpoint the moment they sense that it challenges the very legitimacy of the establishment in which they've been conditioned almost from birth to have blind faith:

"That's just a conspiracy theory [and is thus, by definition, baseless, irrational and untrue]."

Does not the eery cult-like uniformity of this mindless reaction in itself constitute smoking-gun evidence of mass mind control?

IMHO, it most certainly does.

So keep all this in mind the next time you find yourself unable to persuade someone with hardcore facts and information, lest you wrongly blame yourself for what is in fact the other person's fault.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Freeski

Zombies, cowards and self-appointed know-it-alls
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:05:43 AM »
Awesome post Geolib!

So are you ultimately saying that we need to fight the implementers of the mind control, rather than waste time waking up its subjects?
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Blowback

• Info-Salvo
Zombies, cowards and self-appointed know-it-alls
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:14:20 AM »
\
-the zombies, the cowards, and the self-appointed know-it-alls-

You mean everyone over at reddit.com....?

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Re: Zombies, cowards, and self-appointed know-it-alls
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:05:26 PM »
You mean everyone over at reddit.com....?

I mean anyone on whom the shoe fits.

So are you ultimately saying that we need to fight the implementers of the mind control, rather than waste time waking up its subjects?

Yes, although I prefer not to use the term "subjects," since we're all "subjected" to various methods and degrees of mind control.

As Alan Watt said two years ago on Alex's show, since predatory plutocrats are essentially waging an offensive "war" against us, we must not allow ourselves to be distracted by the "casualties" of this war (at least not if we hope to have any chance of defeating said plutocrats and bringing them to justice), but must instead focus on those who -- despite whatever mind control techniques they've been subjected to over the years -- still have eyes to see and ears to listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgi2JoTSSU (Alan Watt on the Alex Jones Show, 8/5/08, pt 3)

And, in my view, that's all the people described above -- those who either can't be awoken or don't want to be -- really are at this point: casualties.

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

Offline shy69iskrazy

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »
Great post!  I totally am feeling you on this one. I'm sick of people on here making it all about them and not getting the correct info out. 

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Mental Ghettos Weaken the US: People Who Lie to Themselves
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
http://www.globalresearch.ca/mental-ghettos-weaken-the-us-people-who-lie-to-themselves/22238

Mental Ghettos Weaken the US: People Who Lie to Themselves

by Joel S. Hirschhorn

Global Research
December 3, 2010

So many intelligent Americans believe, say and do stupid things. When a large fraction of the population is like this, a nation rots from the inside and succumbs to external forces.

I have always searched for the simplest yet best ways to explain what I see as a multi-decade decline of every aspect of the United States , especially its political system and government. I keep coming back to the inescapable logic that a large fraction of Americans, regardless of their education, economic status and political alignment, must suffer from delusion. This delusion produces denial about hugely important subjects and issues.

Like a law of physics, this combination makes people seem incredibly stupid to others disagreeing with their positions. Stupid, because they are unable to accept facts and truths that conflict with their views.

This special kind of stupidity is independent of inherent intelligence. In this case brain power is overpowered by psychological deficiency, namely self-delusion.

This delusion is not genetically produced, but is a result of external influences, notably political, government, media and corporate propaganda intentionally designed to produce delusional beliefs and thinking. Who does this? All sorts of commercial and political interests. The result is a series of biases and blocks, such as cognitive dissonance, to objective facts and information that creates denial about very important conditions affecting the planet, the nation and individuals. People afflicted with this deadly combination appear stupid to those outside their mental ghetto that they gladly inhabit, along with similarly afflicted people.

National unity breaks down with countless mental ghettos that span economic, political and geographic boundaries.

Conservatives see liberals as stupid and vice versa. Democrats see Tea Party adherents (who only support Republican candidates) as stupid and vice versa. Those seeing climate change and global warming as serious phenomena posing real threats see deniers as stupid. People who give a high priority to tax cuts that mainly benefit the rich and superrich seem stupid to those who recognize that the wealthiest Americans have hijacked the US economy, as shown by endless statistics that reveal their preferential financial benefits. Those who reject religions think the religious stupid. People who shun social networking sites see those addicted to them as stupid. Growing numbers of obese people seem stupid to those eating healthy and exercising regularly to maintain healthy weights.

A prime example of a mental ghetto is the collection of radical, terrorist Muslims sharing hate and violence and blocking out teachings from authentic Muslims about peace and love.

You surely can think of classes of people who seem stupid, because of a particular belief or viewpoint rather than across-the-board limited intelligence. With conversations that have nothing to do with their position (or maybe several), you would likely think of them as reasonably intelligent and smart, not stupid. In other words, stupidity is often topic or issue specific.

Here are two examples of what I call psychological stupidity with their powerful implications for understanding why the nation is seen on the wrong track by so many Americans who cannot unite behind solutions.

There is no mystery why the top 20 percent of the population in terms of wealth votes for Republicans, but they are not enough to win elections. What makes far less sense is why many more middle class Americans vote for Republicans. They seem stupid in voting against their own economic interests because Republicans pursue policies that preferentially reward the richest Americans. This behavior can only be explained by the success of Republican propaganda (mainly trickle down prosperity), lies and deceptions that instill a set of biases and beliefs that enable Republicans to win elections. A prime example is obtaining broad support for keeping taxes on really rich people low.

On the other side, are millions of people who vote for Democrats because they have been sold rhetoric about reforming the government system, as if Democrats are not also in the pockets of a number of special interests that will not accept truly needed deep reforms. Why have we not seen President Obama pursue punishment of many people and companies in the banking, mortgage and financial sectors that caused the economic meltdown? He had received huge campaign contributions from them and then surrounded himself with cabinet officials and advisors from them. Otherwise intelligent people vote for Democrats because of their psychological stupidity based on false promises of change and reform that they have succumbed to.

Psychological stupidity has become a kind of cultural epidemic that no one is addressing, so it just gets worse. It invites manipulation and the continuing corrosion and corruption of government. The rich and powerful know how to take advantage of this stupidity, obtaining government policies and programs they want, selling products and services that consumers do not really benefit from, and grabbing more of the nation’s wealth.

Those afflicted with psychological stupidity are also likely to exhibit moral superiority, making it even more difficult to have intelligent and productive conversations with them. Such arrogance strengthens their defenses against facts and information that conflicts with their cherished views.

[Continued...]

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 11:28:03 AM »
The only flaw I find with the move on to others arguement is I can't move on from my in laws, friends , parent who I see often, for example my in laws got the flu shot the other day, doesn't matter how many times I tried to convince them otherwise, technically I should just move on and don't waste my breath on them, but  I can't , now that they're both sick all I cando is keep hammering away at their conditioning that they must obey their idiotic doctor , maybe now that they're sick hey will start to listen...all be it probably too late...for others who I don't see often I agree, move on and don't waste your time after you have tried to wake them up as best you could

Protean

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
Want those sheeple to wake up? Take away their orgasmatron (TV)

Woody Allen's Sleeper - cue to 8:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmh-abe-1_U

Offline rebel thinker

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »
Whats even worse is knowing that the closest to us are accurately described as part of the 2/3's of that population

"Common sense isn't so common"

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 02:48:22 PM »
http://www.alternet.org/story/149262/are_we_too_dumb_for_democracy_the_logic_behind_self-delusion

Are We Too Dumb for Democracy? The Logic Behind Self-Delusion

When faced with facts that do not fit seamlessly into our individual belief systems, our minds automatically reject (or backfire) the presented facts.

By Stephen Dufrechou
AlterNet
December 19, 2010 

A recent cognitive study, as reported by the Boston Globe, concluded that:

"Facts don’t necessarily have the power to change our minds. In fact, quite the opposite. In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger."

In light of these findings, researchers concluded that a defense mechanism, which they labeled “backfire”, was preventing individuals from producing pure rational thought. The result is a self-delusion that appears so regularly in normal thinking that we fail to detect it in ourselves, and often in others: When faced with facts that do not fit seamlessly into our individual belief systems, our minds automatically reject (or backfire) the presented facts. The result of backfire is that we become even more entrenched in our beliefs, even if those beliefs are totally or partially false.

“The general idea is that it’s absolutely threatening to admit you’re wrong,” said Brendan Nyhan, the lead researcher of the Michigan study. The occurrence of backfire, he noted, is “a natural defense mechanism to avoid that cognitive dissonance.”

The conclusion made here is this: facts often do not determine our beliefs, but rather our beliefs (usually non-rational beliefs) determine the facts that we accept. As the Boston Globe article notes:

[Continued...]

Offline rebel thinker

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »
"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality, ever enlarging and refining and redefining their understanding of the world and what is true.”

Does anyone realize how lucky they are to even be able to comprehend half of this stuff on the forum? Most peoples minds would completely fry if they even tried to grasp how strongly controlled their world is around them.

If you've ever felt like maybe your wandering too far down the rabbit hole, read this quote and remember we're the front lines of human progression. Its a responsibility to yourself and your loved ones around you to continue spreading info to those who have yet to be "Awakened".

Awesome post Geo  8)

Offline africknamerican

• Born "Truther"
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 06:49:41 AM »
<i>"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality ..."
Does anyone realize how lucky they are to even be able to comprehend half of this stuff on the forum? Most peoples minds would completely fry if they even tried to grasp how strongly controlled their world is around them.

If you've ever felt like maybe your wandering too far down the rabbit hole, read this quote and remember we're the front lines of human progression. Its a responsibility to yourself and your loved ones around you to continue spreading info to those who have yet to be "Awakened".
</i>

Although it sounds awfully elitist to say this, I have to say I agree with the above. Of course, I keep in mind what Paul said about knowledge "puffing up" your pride ... and that without love, knowledge is nothing.

But yes, I do believe that the normal condition of mankind is that only a few people, a remnant, are capable of really seeking, accepting and understanding truth.

In that sense, only a few of us are fully human ... or fully in possession of our human qualities.

Most of mankind -- at least most of the time -- are like clever animals. Monkeys who can use tools, parrots who can, well, parrot what they hear. Just because they can use tools or form words doesn't make these animals humans, with all the intelligence and other qualities humans possess.

So it is with most of the humanoid-appearing beings on this planet. At least, at this time.

Is this a permanent condition? I don't know. I hope not. Albert Jay Nock was of the opinion that most of mankind was actually of a lower race. God, I hope not. I lean toward the view that anyone can potentially awaken.

However, we can definitely say this. The majority of people in existence today are herd creatures. They like being in the middle of the crowd and not being able to see anything but the other herd  members. It makes them feel cozy and safe.

Those of us outside of the herd are capable of (psychological) independence and seeing danger approaching.

You can see the herd instinct as an unqualified bad thing, which to us non-herd types, is natural. The herd can be led anywhere by the evil human-herders, those who are truly intelligent but evil. 

However I take comfort in the fact that there is a Good Shepherd who promises to guide and protect his flock. I am part of that flock. Maybe you are too.

If they are faithful, the members of the flock, in turn, are supposedly being raised up to teach and lead others.

I don't know about you, but I am doing a terrible job of this. But, it is getting down to crunch time. Those of us who are awakened, or believe we are, are going to have to start taking our responsibility seriously.

Offline yope

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
This is the first post to read since found this forum and I'm really glad about that - great writing. Can't wait to read some more posts on this site :)

Offline rebel thinker

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »
<i>"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality ..."

</i>

Although it sounds awfully elitist to say this, I have to say I agree with the above. Of course, I keep in mind what Paul said about knowledge "puffing up" your pride ... and that without love, knowledge is nothing.

But yes, I do believe that the normal condition of mankind is that only a few people, a remnant, are capable of really seeking, accepting and understanding truth.

In that sense, only a few of us are fully human ... or fully in possession of our human qualities.

Most of mankind -- at least most of the time -- are like clever animals. Monkeys who can use tools, parrots who can, well, parrot what they hear. Just because they can use tools or form words doesn't make these animals humans, with all the intelligence and other qualities humans possess.

So it is with most of the humanoid-appearing beings on this planet. At least, at this time.

Is this a permanent condition? I don't know. I hope not. Albert Jay Nock was of the opinion that most of mankind was actually of a lower race. God, I hope not. I lean toward the view that anyone can potentially awaken.

However, we can definitely say this. The majority of people in existence today are herd creatures. They like being in the middle of the crowd and not being able to see anything but the other herd  members. It makes them feel cozy and safe.

Those of us outside of the herd are capable of (psychological) independence and seeing danger approaching.

You can see the herd instinct as an unqualified bad thing, which to us non-herd types, is natural. The herd can be led anywhere by the evil human-herders, those who are truly intelligent but evil. 

However I take comfort in the fact that there is a Good Shepherd who promises to guide and protect his flock. I am part of that flock. Maybe you are too.

If they are faithful, the members of the flock, in turn, are supposedly being raised up to teach and lead others.

I don't know about you, but I am doing a terrible job of this. But, it is getting down to crunch time. Those of us who are awakened, or believe we are, are going to have to start taking our responsibility seriously.

Very interesting insight into our potential as a species. I've also had a theory where consciousness in our species varies just as it does in the animal kingdom. Have any links on articles/vids related to this?, it would be an awesome read :)  '

Awesome post though, sometimes everyone has to take a step back and see that its not just about me or you, but "us" as a human species. ;)

Offline Cywar

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
I often hear people in the anti-NWO/pro-America movement express frustration at their inability to get their friends and family members to realize just how criminal, illegitimate and predatory the banker-owned U.S. government has become.

awesome post Geo
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline africknamerican

• Born "Truther"
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 01:57:38 AM »
Very interesting insight into our potential as a species. I've also had a theory where consciousness in our species varies just as it does in the animal kingdom. Have any links on articles/vids related to this?, it would be an awesome read :)  '

Awesome post though, sometimes everyone has to take a step back and see that its not just about me or you, but "us" as a human species. ;)

Forgot about this one in all the hoopla about Tuscon.

But okay, devil's advocate  ...

Are All Men Human?
(Terrible white-on-grey color scheme ... small text ... you may have to highlight the text to make it readable, or copy into a text doc)

Albert Nock (late 19th/early 20th c.)was terribly pessimistic. He was classically educated at a time when that tradition was fading. He felt education (even what we would call "excellent" education today, which would have been a mediocre education 80 years ago) is wasted on most people. As my ambivalent post above suggests, sometimes I feel like Nock -- you can't deny that his description of people are spot on, at least, for most people, most of the time. But  sometimes I'm more hopeful.

As a Christian, the pessimism is also grounded in the Bible, or a predominant understanding of it, which seems to say there is an "elect" group (Nock spoke of the "Remnant") who are enlightened, and then there are all the rest of mankind. The majority are sinners, they are idolaters, they worship the Beast and take his mark and they love it! And there is nothing we believers can do, except pray and wait. Just like Revelation says...

--Or maybe that's all wrong. Maybe if you're a Christian, you should be paying attention to the prophecies that worked rather than the ones that didn't. Jonah told the people of Ninveh that they would be destroyed. Instead, they repented of their sins, and they lived. The Bible records a few other prophecies that actually worked. So maybe, just maybe, we do not have to accept that everything must go to hell first before it gets better. Maybe the Way really is a revolutionary faith, maybe the Kingdom of heaven really does grow like a mustard seed growing into a tree, maybe it really does change one heart and mind at a time, maybe in its ultimate form it leads men to awaken and to cast away all masters but the true Master, and maybe that is how (or one way how) it makes the captives free, like Yahshua promised. Maybe the Word, the Good News, is that Satan's world system is doomed, it's over, it is fallen. Maybe if we actually believe that, and start behaving as if it is true, maybe this nightmare will end.

Maybe you don't believe in the Bible at all, in which case none of that makes sense....

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-failure-to-stand-up-to-evil-leads-to-insanity-poverty-and-the-loss-of-all-our-rights.html

The Failure to Stand Up to Evil Leads to Insanity, Poverty and the Loss of All Our Rights

Washington’s Blog
March 24, 2011

Preface: I am using the word “evil” in its secular sense in this essay, as in a horrible, destructive act … religion is beyond the scope of this essay.

When someone fails to stand up to a heinous act, that leads to a whole chain of events.

It Enables More Destructive Acts

Initially, by failing to stand up to the bad act, we are enabling the person who committed it to do bigger and worse things in the future.

Army psychiatrist and Christian philosopher M. Scott Peck wrote extensively on evil in People of the Lie (since Peck was a psychiatrist and an empirical researcher, his investigation of the dynamics of those who commit heinous acts and the subsequent attempts to cover them up is very interesting, even for atheists who will disregard all religious overtones). As Peck wrote:

It is necessary that we first draw the distinction between evil and ordinary sin. It is not their sins per se that characterize evil people…The central defect of the evil is not the sin but the refusal to acknowledge it.

And a longer passage:

We lie only when we are attempting to cover up something we know to be illicit. Some rudimentary form of conscience must precede the act of lying. There is no need to hide unless we first feel that something needs to be hidden. We come now to a sort of paradox. Evil people feel themselves to be perfect. At the same time, however, they have an unacknowledged sense of their own evil nature. Indeed, it is this very sense from which they are frantically trying to flee. The essential component of evil is not the absence of a sense of sin or imperfection but the unwillingness to tolerate that sense. At once and the same time, the evil are aware of their evil and desperately trying to avoid the awareness. Rather than blissfully lacking a sense of morality like the psychopath, they are continually engaged in sweeping the evidence of their evil under the rug of their own consciousness (or attempting to redefine their evil as good). The problem is not a defect of conscience, but the effort to deny the conscience its due. We become evil by attempting to hide from ourselves. The wickedness of the evil is not committed directly, but indirectly as a part of this cover-up process. Evil originates not in the absence of guilt but in the effort to escape it. Since they will do almost anything to avoid the particular pain that comes from self-examination, under ordinary circumstances, the evil are the last people who would ever come to psychotherapy. The evil hate the light – the light of goodness that shows them up, the light of scrutiny that exposes them, the light of the truth that penetrates their deception.

So when people fail to stand up to the heinous acts of a bad person, they are empowering that person’s cover up, the very core of their propensity to do further bad acts in the future.

It Destroys Our Ability to Think Rationally

Moreover, failure to stand up to the bad act requires people to rationalize their failure to act, which in turn ends up literally warping their thinking process.

As I’ve repeatedly pointed out, people will go to extreme lengths to rationalize their failure to recognize bad actions by those in power:

---------------

Sociologists from four major research institutions investigated why so many Americans believed that Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11, years after it became obvious that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

The researchers found, as described in an article [.pdf] in the journal Sociological Inquiry (and re-printed by Newsweek):

*  Many Americans felt an urgent need to seek justification for a war already in progress.

*  Rather than search rationally for information that either confirms or disconfirms a particular belief, people actually seek out information that confirms what they already believe.

*  “For the most part people completely ignore contrary information.”

*  “The study demonstrates voters’ ability to develop elaborate rationalizations based on faulty information.”

*  People get deeply attached to their beliefs, and form emotional attachments that get wrapped up in their personal identity and sense of morality, irrespective of the facts of the matter.

*  “We refer to this as ‘inferred justification, because for these voters, the sheer fact that we were engaged in war led to a post-hoc search for a justification for that war.

*  “People were basically making up justifications for the fact that we were at war.”

*  “They wanted to believe in the link (between 9/11 and Iraq) because it helped them make sense of a current reality. So voters’ ability to develop elaborate rationalizations based on faulty information, whether we think that is good or bad for democratic practice, does at least demonstrate an impressive form of creativity.

An article … in Alternet discussing the Sociological Inquiry article helps us to understand that the key to people’s active participation in searching for excuses for actions by the big boys is fear:

Subjects were presented during one-on-one interviews with a newspaper clip of this Bush quote: “This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al-Qaeda.” The Sept. 11 Commission, too, found no such link, the subjects were told.

“Well, I bet they say that the commission didn’t have any proof of it,” one subject responded, “but I guess we still can have our opinions and feel that way even though they say that.”

Reasoned another: “Saddam, I can’t judge if he did what he’s being accused of, but if Bush thinks he did it, then he did it.”

Others declined to engage the information at all. Most curious to the researchers were the respondents who reasoned that Saddam must have been connected to Sept. 11, because why else would the Bush Administration have gone to war in Iraq?

The desire to believe this was more powerful, according to the researchers, than any active campaign to plant the idea.

Such a campaign did exist in the run-up to the war…

He won’t credit (politicians spouting misinformation) alone for the phenomenon, though.

“That kind of puts the idea out there, but what people then do with the idea … ” he said. “Our argument is that people aren’t just empty vessels. You don’t just sort of open up their brains and dump false information in and they regurgitate it. They’re actually active processing cognitive agents”…

The alternate explanation raises queasy questions for the rest of society.

“I think we’d all like to believe that when people come across disconfirming evidence, what they tend to do is to update their opinions,” said Andrew Perrin, an associate professor at UNC and another author of the study…

“The implications for how democracy works are quite profound, there’s no question in my mind about that,” Perrin said. “What it means is that we have to think about the emotional states in which citizens find themselves that then lead them to reason and deliberate in particular ways.”

Evidence suggests people are more likely to pay attention to facts within certain emotional states and social situations. Some may never change their minds. For others, policy-makers could better identify those states, for example minimizing the fear that often clouds a person’s ability to assess facts …

The Alternet article links to a must-read interview with psychology professor Sheldon Solomon, who explains:

A large body of evidence shows that momentarily (raising fear of death), typically by asking people to think about themselves dying, intensifies people’s strivings to protect and bolster aspects of their worldviews, and to bolster their self-esteem. The most common finding is that (fear of death) increases positive reactions to those who share cherished aspects of one’s cultural worldview, and negative reactions toward those who violate cherished cultural values or are merely different.

Investors – as with politicians or Americans in general – believe that “when (they) come across disconfirming evidence . . . . they tend to … update their opinions”, but in reality, they cling to the beliefs they formed during certain heightened emotional states, such as fear.

As NPR noted last July:

New research suggests that misinformed people rarely change their minds when presented with the facts — and often become even more attached to their beliefs.

A new body of research out of the University of Michigan suggests … that we base our opinions on beliefs and when presented with contradictory facts, we adhere to our original belief even more strongly.

The phenomenon is called backfire, and it plays an especially important role in how we shape and solidify our beliefs on immigration, the president’s place of birth, welfare and other highly partisan issues.

It’s threatening to us to admit that things we believe are wrong. And all of us, liberals and conservatives, you know, have some beliefs that aren’t true, and when we find that out, you know, it’s threatening to our beliefs and ourselves.

This isn’t a question of education, necessarily, or sophistication. It’s really about preserving that belief that we initially held.

Torture as a Quintessential Evil of the Last Decade

A good example of this dynamic is with torture.

Americans were first told by our government that we were not torturing anyone. Then, the government admitted it did a “little” waterboarding, but said that’s not torture, and that it was necessary to prevent more Al Qaeda attacks.

The truth, however, is that top experts in interrogation say that:

*  Torture doesn’t work in providing information which will keep us safe.

*  Torture actually reduces our national security and creates new terrorists.

*  Most of those tortured were innocent.

*  Torture has been used throughout history – not to gain information – but as a form of intimidation, to terrorize people into obedience. In other words, at its core, torture is a form of terrorism.

More importantly, the specific type of torture which was used the the U.S. in Iraq and Guantanamo was tailor-made to extract false confessions.

As I previously pointed out:

---------------

Senator Levin revealed that the the U.S. used torture techniques aimed at extracting false confessions.

McClatchy subsequently filled in some of the details:

Former senior U.S. intelligence official familiar with the interrogation issue said that Cheney and former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld demanded that the interrogators find evidence of al Qaida-Iraq collaboration…

For most of 2002 and into 2003, Cheney and Rumsfeld, especially, were also demanding proof of the links between al Qaida and Iraq that (former Iraqi exile leader Ahmed) Chalabi and others had told them were there.”It was during this period that CIA interrogators waterboarded two alleged top al Qaida detainees repeatedly — Abu Zubaydah at least 83 times in August 2002 and Khalid Sheik Muhammed 183 times in March 2003 — according to a newly released Justice Department document…

When people kept coming up empty, they were told by Cheney’s and Rumsfeld’s people to push harder,” he continued.”Cheney’s and Rumsfeld’s people were told repeatedly, by CIA . . . and by others, that there wasn’t any reliable intelligence that pointed to operational ties between bin Laden and Saddam . . .

A former U.S. Army psychiatrist, Maj. Charles Burney, told Army investigators in 2006 that interrogators at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, detention facility were under “pressure” to produce evidence of ties between al Qaida and Iraq.

“While we were there a large part of the time we were focused on trying to establish a link between al Qaida and Iraq and we were not successful in establishing a link between al Qaida and Iraq,” Burney told staff of the Army Inspector General. “The more frustrated people got in not being able to establish that link . . . there was more and more pressure to resort to measures that might produce more immediate results.”

“I think it’s obvious that the administration was scrambling then to try to find a connection, a link (between al Qaida and Iraq),” [Senator] Levin said in a conference call with reporters. “They made out links where they didn’t exist.”

Levin recalled Cheney’s assertions that a senior Iraqi intelligence officer had met Mohammad Atta, the leader of the 9/11 hijackers, in the Czech Republic capital of Prague just months before the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

The FBI and CIA found that no such meeting occurred.

In other words, top Bush administration officials not only knowingly lied about a non-existent connection between Al Qaida and Iraq, but they pushed and insisted that interrogators use special torture methods aimed at extracting false confessions to attempt to create such a false linkage. See also this and this.

Paul Krugman eloquently summarized the truth about the type of torture used:

Let’s say this slowly: the Bush administration wanted to use 9/11 as a pretext to invade Iraq, even though Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. So it tortured people to make them confess to the nonexistent link.

There’s a word for this: it’s evil.

---------------

Indeed, one of the two senior instructors from the Air Force team which taught U.S. servicemen how to resist torture by foreign governments when used to extract false confessions has blown the whistle on the true purpose behind the U.S. torture program.

As Truth Out reported yesterday:

Jessen’s notes were provided to Truthout by retired Air Force Capt. Michael Kearns, a “master” SERE instructor and decorated veteran who has previously held high-ranking positions within the Air Force Headquarters Staff and Department of Defense (DoD).

Kearns and his boss, Roger Aldrich, the head of the Air Force Intelligence’s Special Survial Training Program (SSTP), based out of Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Washington, hired Jessen in May 1989. Kearns, who was head of operations at SSTP and trained thousands of service members, said Jessen was brought into the program due to an increase in the number of new SERE courses being taught and “the fact that it required psychological expertise on hand in a full-time basis.”

Jessen, then the chief of Psychology Service at the US Air Force Survival School, immediately started to work directly with Kearns on “a new course for special mission units (SMUs), which had as its goal individual resistance to terrorist exploitation.”

The course, known as SV-91, was developed for the Survival Evasion Resistance Escape (SERE) branch of the US Air Force Intelligence Agency, which acted as the Executive Agent Action Office for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Jessen’s notes formed the basis for one part of SV-91, “Psychological Aspects of Detention.”

Kearns was one of only two officers within DoD qualified to teach all three SERE-related courses within SSTP on a worldwide basis, according to a copy of a 1989 letter written Aldrich, who nominated him officer of the year.

The Jessen notes clearly state the totality of what was being reverse-engineered – not just ‘enhanced interrogation techniques,’ but an entire program of exploitation of prisoners using torture as a central pillar,” he said. “What I think is important to note, as an ex-SERE Resistance to Interrogation instructor, is the focus of Jessen’s instruction. It is exploitation, not specifically interrogation. And this is not a picayune issue, because if one were to ‘reverse-engineer’ a course on resistance to exploitation then what one would get is a plan to exploit prisoners, not interrogate them. The CIA/DoD torture program appears to have the same goals as the terrorist organizations or enemy governments for which SV-91 and other SERE courses were created to defend against: the full exploitation of the prisoner in his intelligence, propaganda, or other needs held by the detaining power, such as the recruitment of informers and double agents. Those aspects of the US detainee program have not generally been discussed as part of the torture story in the American press.”

Jessen wrote that cooperation is the “end goal” of the detainer, who wants the detainee “to see that (the detainer) has ‘total’ control of you because you are completely dependent on him, and thus you must comply with his wishes. Therefore, it is absolutely inevitable that you must cooperate with him in some way (propaganda, special favors, confession, etc.).”

Kearns said, based on what he has read in declassified government documents and news reports about the role SERE played in the Bush administration’s torture program, Jessen clearly “reverse-engineered” his lesson plan and used resistance methods to abuse “war on terror” detainees.

So we have the two main Air Force insiders concerning the genesis of the torture program confirming – with original notes – that the whole purpose of the torture program was to extract false confessions.

They Got the False Confessions They Wanted

And false confessions were, in fact, extracted:

---------------

The Miami Herald ran a story entitled “Alleged 9/11 mastermind: `I make up stories’”, noting:

Accused al Qaeda mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed complained that interrogators tortured lies out of him…

”I make up stories,” Mohammed said …

In broken English, he described an interrogation in which he was asked the location of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

”Where is he? I don’t know,” Mohammed said. ‘Then he torture me. Then I said, ‘Yes, he is in this area or this is al Qaeda which I don’t know him.’ I said no, they torture me.”

This is not new. It has already been documented that Mohammed confessed to crimes which he could not have committed, and that he said that he gave the interrogators a lot of false information – telling them what he thought they wanted to hear – in an attempt to stop the torture.

Indeed, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told the Red Cross:

During the harshest period of my interrogation I gave a lot of false information in order to satisfy what I believed the interrogators wished to hear in order to make the ill-treatment stop. I later told the interrogators that their methods were stupid and counterproductive. I’m sure that the false information I was forced to invent in order to make the ill-treatment stop wasted a lot of their time and led to several false red-alerts being placed in the U.S.

And see this Washington Post report.

Dick Cheney claimed that waterboarding Khalid Shaikh Mohammed stopped a terror attack on L.A., but as the Chicago Tribune notes:

The Bush administration claimed that the waterboarding of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed helped foil a planned 2002 attack on Los Angeles — forgetting that he wasn’t captured until 2003.

(see this confirmation from the BBC: “Khalid Sheikh Mohammed … was captured in Pakistan in 2003″).

---------------

And as I pointed out last year:

---------------

[A]ccording to NBC news:

*  Much of the 9/11 Commission Report was based upon the testimony of people who were tortured.

*  At least four of the people whose interrogation figured in the 9/11 Commission Report have claimed that they told interrogators information as a way to stop being “tortured.”

*  One of the Commission’s main sources of information was tortured until he agreed to sign a confession that he was NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO READ.

*  The 9/11 Commission itself doubted the accuracy of the torture confessions, and yet kept their doubts to themselves.

Remember, as discussed above, the torture techniques used by the Bush administration to try to link Iraq and 9/11 were specifically geared towards creating false confessions (they were techniques created by the communists to be used in show trials).

The above-linked NBC news report quotes a couple of legal experts to this effect:

Michael Ratner, president of the Center for Constitutional Rights, says he is “shocked” that the Commission never asked about extreme interrogation measures.

“If you’re sitting at the 9/11 Commission, with all the high-powered lawyers on the Commission and on the staff, first you ask what happened rather than guess,” said Ratner, whose center represents detainees at Guantanamo. “Most people look at the 9/11 Commission Report as a trusted historical document. If their conclusions were supported by information gained from torture, therefore their conclusions are suspect.”…

Karen Greenberg, director of the Center for Law and Security at New York University’s School of Law, put it this way: “It should have relied on sources not tainted. It calls into question how we were willing to use these interrogations to construct the narrative.”

---------------

I also pointed out:

---------------

The official 9/11 Commission Report states:

Chapters 5 and 7 rely heavily on information obtained from captured al Qaeda members. A number of these “detainees” have firsthand knowledge of the 9/11 plot. Assessing the truth of statements by these witnesses-sworn enemies of the United States-is challenging. Our access to them has been limited to the review of intelligence reports based on communications received from the locations where the actual interrogations take place. We submitted questions for use in the interrogations, but had no control over whether, when, or how questions of particular interest would be asked. Nor were we allowed to talk to the interrogators so that we could better judge the credibility of the detainees and clarify ambiguities in the reporting.

In other words, the 9/11 Commissioners were not allowed to speak with the detainees, or even their interrogators. Instead, they got their information third-hand.

The Commission didn’t really trust the interrogation testimony. For example, one of the primary architects of the 9/11 Commission Report, Ernest May, said in May 2005:

We never had full confidence in the interrogation reports as historical sources.

As I noted last May:

Newsweek is running an essay by [New York Times investigative reporter] Philip Shenon saying [that the 9/11 Commission Report was unreliable because most of the information was based on the statements of tortured detainees]:

The commission appears to have ignored obvious clues throughout 2003 and 2004 that its account of the 9/11 plot and Al Qaeda’s history relied heavily on information obtained from detainees who had been subjected to torture, or something not far from it.

The panel raised no public protest over the CIA’s interrogation methods, even though news reports at the time suggested how brutal those methods were. In fact, the commission demanded that the CIA carry out new rounds of interrogations in 2004 to get answers to its questions.

That has troubling implications for the credibility of the commission’s final report. In intelligence circles, testimony obtained through torture is typically discredited; research shows that people will say anything under threat of intense physical pain.

And yet it is a distinct possibility that Al Qaeda suspects who were the exclusive source of information for long passages of the commission’s report may have been subjected to “enhanced” interrogation techniques, or at least threatened with them, because of the 9/11 Commission….

Information from CIA interrogations of two of the three—KSM and Abu Zubaydah—is cited throughout two key chapters of the panel’s report focusing on the planning and execution of the attacks and on the history of Al Qaeda.

Footnotes in the panel’s report indicate when information was obtained from detainees interrogated by the CIA. An analysis by NBC News found that more than a quarter of the report’s footnotes—441 of some 1,700—referred to detainees who were subjected to the CIA’s “enhanced” interrogation program, including the trio who were waterboarded.

Commission members note that they repeatedly pressed the Bush White House and CIA for direct access to the detainees, but the administration refused. So the commission forwarded questions to the CIA, whose interrogators posed them on the panel’s behalf.

The commission’s report gave no hint that harsh interrogation methods were used in gathering information, stating that the panel had “no control” over how the CIA did its job; the authors also said they had attempted to corroborate the information “with documents and statements of others.”

But how could the commission corroborate information known only to a handful of people in a shadowy terrorist network, most of whom were either dead or still at large?

Former senator Bob Kerrey of Nebraska, a Democrat on the commission, told me last year he had long feared that the investigation depended too heavily on the accounts of Al Qaeda detainees who were physically coerced into talking. …

Kerrey said it might take “a permanent 9/11 commission” to end the remaining mysteries of September 11.

---------------

This essay will not go too far down the rabbit hole of 9/11.

The point is that the government used a specific set of torture techniques created to extract false confessions which would support a rationale for the Iraq war and the war on terror and which would allow a superficial reading of September 11th itself.

If we fail to stand up to this act of evil – the use of torture to obtain false confessions – we are not only complicit, but we will also eventually drive ourselves crazy in trying to rationalize what was done in our name.

It Disempowers Us and Leads to the Loss of All of Our Rights

As Yves Smith writes today about the Truth Out article:

This revelation raises troubling questions about how programs like this relate to the coarsening of American society. Some readers will no doubt argue that trying to connect the dots between programs designed for use in combat settings and broad social trends is overreaching. Yet look at the themes Jessen stresses: control, dependency, compliance and cooperation. To use one pet example, why are people so apathetic in the wake of widespread abuses by banks, first the extortions that took place during the bailouts, and now the continued flouting of the law in mortgage servicing and foreclosures?

Although there was no single architect like Jessen for the various elements of our current economic paradigm, they do seem to work to weaken, and perhaps in some cases, to break the will of ordinary citizens to stand up to their tormentors large and small. A policy preference for higher levels of unemployment (to keep inflation down and workers in their place) have reduced many if not most individuals’ sense of control of their own destiny and increased their sense of dependence. When job tenures are short and replacement work at the same level of pay can be hard to get, that alone produces a good deal of the sought-after state, compliance.

Add to that an information apparatus which allows employers to see minor transgressions like late payment and misdemeanors such as getting arrested at protests, and you have effective mechanisms for social control. And there are those who look at the abuse of Bradley Manning, which would have seemed inconceivable fifteen years ago, and wonder who else might be deemed to be enough of a threat to merit similar mistreatment.

In other words, the failure to stand up to a heinous act not only destroys our ability to think, but also makes it less likely we will stand up to future bad acts … thus disempowering us.

That is the road to poverty, and a complete loss of all of our rights …

Offline Ambriel

• Dare to resist
    • Consfearacynewz
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »
Garbage in Garbage out.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
Sadly, I agree Geolibertarian.

There is nothing to wake up.  And, I have experienced those same people.  I experience more & more that politics is viewed as simply a "source of entertainment."  One, that those types have no interest in, as it does not entertain them.  Go figure.  Even after explaining, they don't get it.

It is a tragedy to waste a Life through lack of education.

I agree there is mass mind control.  Normal societal interactions of kindness, respect & consideration of fellow human beings is not a part of that mass mind control equation, either.

Love, e

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
The gullible mind explained
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »
http://www.naturalnews.com/032293_gullible_minds.html

The gullible mind explained

by Mike Adams
NaturalNews.com
May 05, 2011

(NaturalNews) In light of the string of the blatant falsehoods being announced by the U.S. government these days (FDA, DHS, White House, etc.) it's interesting that so many people still believe whatever they are told by "official" sources. It brings up the question of the functioning of their brains: How could a person swallow official information so gullibly and so completely without even asking commonsense questions about the reliability or factual basis of that information?

These people, it turns out, are operating from what I called The Gullible Mind. It is a psychological processing malfunction that filters out information based on its source rather than its integrity. People who operate from The Gullible Mind tend to have misplaced trust in governments, institutions, mainstream news networks, doctors, scientists or anyone who wears the garb of apparent authority.

Whereas a normal, intelligent person would raise commonsense questions about information they receive from all sources, the Gullible Mind wholly accepts virtually any information from sources that occupy the role of apparent authority in society.

Governments never lie

But how does this work inside their heads? It's an interesting process. Gullible Mind people do believe it is possible for a government (or institution) to lie; but they believe that governments, institutions and doctors choose NOT to lie even when it would serve their own self interests to do so.

Follow this carefully, because this is the fascinating part. These Gullible Mind people effectively believe that even though a government official could lie about something, they would never actually do so. And why wouldn't they? Because, ultimately, the Gullible Mind crowd believes that governments, institutions and mainstream media outlets operate from a sort of honor code. So even if it were in the interests of our own government to lie to us, it would never happen because that would violate this imaginary honor code.

Where does this honor code exist? Where is it written down? Nowhere, of course. It is imaginary. But to The Gullible Mind, it seems real. Interestingly, even though this "honor code" only exists in the imagination of The Gullible Mind person, they project this honor code onto sources of authority, imagining that they abide by it.

Extreme gullibility

This is how The Gullible Mind person believes that network news always reports the truth. The news networks have a sense of "honor," they believe, and this sense of honor requires them to always report the truth and never manipulate the news for any nefarious purposes. So news networks never "shape" the news and they only report what is factually true without any consideration whatsoever of politics or advertiser profits.

This view of the world is, of course, laughably naive. And yet it is the core belief system of at least half the population -- the Gullible Mind half that believes everything it is told by its own government, media or authority figures.

Interestingly, the Gullible Mind is also inwardly gullible because it does not recognize its own gullibility. Instead, it believes it is operating as a Rational Mind. This false Rational Mind believes it functions as a critical filter of incoming information, but even this is self deception. In truth, this false Rational Mind is on "auto filter" so that it filters out any information that conflicts with the information it is receiving from official sources.

This is the key to understanding the Gullible Mind -- it isn't the quality of the information itself that matters; it is the confirmation of the story from official sources that "makes it real" in the Gullible Mind.

[Continued...]

Offline freedom_commonsense

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »
When they're encouraging the police state antics and reciting Patriot-Act-style laws as though they were legitimate, the person's long past convincing. Sadly, the voting system here only needs a small minority (around 15-20%) of these authority worshipping Hitler-wannabes to elect and re-elect the same scumbags perpretrating the evil system.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
 Geo. +++bump++Bullseye++
             Question for ya..Its popular to beleive that humans beings in general have a conscience, the quality that sets man apart from the animals, that distinguishes right from wrong. Do you agree?
             I realize that there are those who consider a conscience a disease,malignancy, a thing to be laughed at, a peonic mentalty. I'm not getting into religion here, just a suposedly basic human trait.
             I have spoken with people, average types, ordinary folk, who could care a twit about the slaughter of innocents, babys, children, mothers, familys slaughtered in the hundreds of thousands.
I'm serious, after mentioning some truth of this genocide to one woman in particular, a mother in her fiftys, appearing to be entirely human, she replied, with a shrug of the shoulders, well thats war isn't it. I could not respond to this thing, I simply stared into her eyes as if seeking a twinge of soul. She too remained with a gaze into my eyes, one of defiance..I left in a daze, no reply no nothing ZIP.
           I'm an old bag of bones, I have had to deal with my conscience, still do, I get emotional moreso than when I was younger, but my question is simply that of the human trait we refer to as conscience.
           Where is your take on this.

Offline zathras

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
This topic is the very thing I struggle with. The majority of people ARE delusional in so many ways that it makes me wonder if the elite who seek to control everything...are right. Good gravy we are as easy to control as sheep and don't give a damn about anything save our own righteousness. Had I been born into a position of power, I might look down on the human herds and think by controlling them I am not only securing my prosperity, but saving them from themselves. Mind you, I am not agreeing with anything they are doing, I am simply stating that it has crossed my mind. Unfortunately I am down here meandering with the general herd LOL I may be a blacksheep, but I am wedged in and when the rest of the herd falls off the cliff...my views are not going to save me.

Offline zathras

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 10:23:53 AM »
But what is it that makes the 1 in one hundred people able to see through the BS ? If it's not intelligence, what then ? Perhaps an aspect of intelligence, like correlative ability or abstract thinking. I was brainwashed from birth like everyone else. Perhaps if we could identify the exact reason for the success of a few to overcome the barrage of mind control methods used by the elite, we could use that information to enable others and render the elite's methods impotent. ( although it's probably too late )

Offline zathras

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »
Well, THEY put together psychological studies, why can't WE ? Why can't everyone donate some money, have Alex Jones hire a behavioral psycholgist team to study this very issue ? I'd donate. Speculating on a message board isn't helping anyone but the choir. Why can't we use the same tactics the elite use on us, back on them ? Study the elite's behaviour and use it against them. Study those of us who are not effected by the mind control methods and use it like an innoculation into the general public. DO something. Most people want to rise up and rebel..but that is exactly what the elite want us to do right now. Let's do something they don't expect, like using their own techniques against them.

Offline zacherydtaylor

• Review and summation of my best blogs
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 01:17:29 PM »
Well, THEY put together psychological studies, why can't WE ? Why can't everyone donate some money, have Alex Jones hire a behavioral psychologist team to study this very issue ? I'd donate. Speculating on a message board isn't helping anyone but the choir. Why can't we use the same tactics the elite use on us, back on them ? Study the elite's behavior and use it against them. Study those of us who are not effected by the mind control methods and use it like an inoculation into the general public. DO something. Most people want to rise up and rebel..but that is exactly what the elite want us to do right now. Let's do something they don't expect, like using their own techniques against them.

Part of the reason so many people believe what they're told blindly without question is the way they're raised at an early age. There has been research done into this by many good scholars and one of the leading theories among those that I think are the best is, to put it bluntly, that the truth is beat into the heads of little children so they're too afraid to doubt the authority figures that dictate the truth to them. They become accustomed at an early age to believing what they're told and this pattern stays with them for life. The best scholars put it a little more diplomatically but that is essentially what it comes down to. Some of them include Philip Greven, Alice Miller, Murray Straus and Barbara Coloroso.

Offline zathras

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »
Indeed. But I was raised by a flag waving republican and the Mormon church. Why am I here on prison planet while my older brother is still in bed with Reuters ? That is what needs to be studied.

Offline Constitutionary

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
Cuz money is the Pavlovian conditioner when it comes to people.

Much like bells and dog food condition dogs.

Money and the sounds of profit excite humans.

Bankers are just engaging in fractional-reserve Pavlovinomics.

Offline zacherydtaylor

• Review and summation of my best blogs
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »
Indeed. But I was raised by a flag waving republican and the Mormon church. Why am I here on prison planet while my older brother is still in bed with Reuters ? That is what needs to be studied.

I don't know the answer to that; but perhaps if you think about it you might have some idea. According to Alice Miller people that have some help getting over early indoctrination or abuse do much better to recover. She has done some studying on this and so have others most of whom agree that further study would be helpful, but it isn't always easy to figure out I'm sure. 

Offline spookfu

• Fight the Good fight and we will - Triumph
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 02:37:06 AM »
yes it does, they've had 50 yrs of tv to play with , we all know about that,   via tv US Patent 6506148 - Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors
US Patent Issued on January 14, 2003
Estimated Patent Expiration Date: June 1, 2021
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6506148.html

a hd tv is a monitor
i think theres a battle in court over the patent now
With the Universe Truth and Justice
Love , freedom,

Offline africknamerican

• Born "Truther"
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 05:42:53 PM »
Since we're talking about zombies, let's add a laff or two.

I caught part of this on TV last nite and laughed so hard I cried . . .

Kung Fu Zombie

::)

Offline White Rose Sophie

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-failure-to-stand-up-to-evil-leads-to-insanity-poverty-and-the-loss-of-all-our-rights.html

The Failure to Stand Up to Evil Leads to Insanity, Poverty and the Loss of All Our Rights

Washington’s Blog
March 24, 2011

Preface: I am using the word “evil” in its secular sense in this essay, as in a horrible, destructive act … religion is beyond the scope of this essay.

When someone fails to stand up to a heinous act, that leads to a whole chain of events.

GEO- it also depends on one's definition of "EVIL".  There is "religious'  definition of "Evil", but there are also the belief that 'the end justifies the means', no?

IMHO, the guiding belief system of the NWO is that they are merely 'hastening' man's evolutionary process into "GODHOOD", and for that reason, they may very well see their eugenics agenda, mind control programming, mass genocides, etc. as tools for mankind's  ultimate 'good', and not evil.

Of course, you know I cannot take "you know who" out of this equation, because HE said  "Woe to them who call evil good, and good evil".   Sorry... :P

In answer to WHY more people don't wake up to what is now most obviously in front of their face.........

1.  Pride  (nobody wants to realize/accept/acknowledge that they've been fooled, and that almost everything they have believed since birth was a LIE)
2.  Selfishness  (until it PERSONALLY affect them, they don't care......)
3.  Projection  - To me, EVERYONE projects their own belief system onto others......we all think that EVERYONE should think as we do, and so because I personally would never do what someone tells me the NWO is doing.....I refuse to believe they ARE.

;D

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Truth Is Offensive
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »
http://www.prisonplanet.com/truth-is-offensive.html

Truth Is Offensive

Paul Craig Roberts
Natural News
April 1, 2013

In America truth is offensive. If you tell the truth, you are offensive.

I am offensive. Michael Hudson is offensive. Gerald Celente is offensive. Herman Daly is offensive. Nomi Prins is offensive. Pam Martens is offensive. Chris Hedges is offensive. Chris Floyd is offensive. John Pilger is offensive. Norm Chomsky is offensive. Harvey Silverglate is offensive. Naomi Wolf is offensive. Stephen Lendman is offensive. David Ray Griffin is offensive. Ellen Brown is offensive.

Fortunately, many others are offensive. But how long before being offensive becomes being “an enemy of the state”?

Throughout history truth tellers have suffered and court historians have prospered. It is the same today. Gerald Celente illustrates this brilliantly in the next issue of the Trends Journal.

Over the past 35 years I have learned this lesson as a columnist. If you tell readers what is really going on, they want to know why you can’t be positive. Why are you telling us that there are bad happenings that can’t be remedied? Don’t you know that God gave Americans the power to fix all wrongs? What are you? Some kind of idiot, an anti-American, a pinko-liberal-commie? If you hate America so much, why don’t you move to Cuba, Iran or China (or to wherever the current bogyman is located)?

The ancient Greeks understood this well. In Greek mythology, Cassandra was the prophetess who no one believed despite her 100 percent record of being right. Telling the truth to Americans or to Europeans is just as expensive as telling the truth to the Greeks in ancient mythology.

In America and everywhere in the Western world or the entire world, telling the truth is unpopular. Indeed, in the USA telling the truth has been criminalized. Look for example at Bradley Manning, held for two years in prison without bail and without a trial in violation of the US Constitution, tortured for one year of his illegal confinement in violation of US and international law, and now put on trial by corrupt prosecutors for aiding “enemies of the US” by revealing the truth, as required of him by the US military code. US soldiers are required to report war crimes. When Bradley Manning’s superiors showed themselves to be indifferent to war crimes, Manning reported the crimes via WikiLeaks. What else does a soldier with a sense of duty and a moral conscience do when the chain of command is corrupt?

Julian Assange is another example. WikiLeaks has taken up the reporting function that the Western media has abandoned. Remember, the New York Times did publish the Pentagon Papers in 1971, which undermined the lies Washington had told both to the public and to Congress to justify the costly Vietnam War. But today no newspaper or TV channel any longer accepts the responsibility to truthfully inform the public. Julian Assange stepped into the vacuum and was immediately demonized, not merely by Washington but also by left-wing and right-wing media, including Internet. It was a combination of jealousy, ignorance, and doing Washington’s bidding.

Without WikiLeaks and Assange the world would know essentially nothing. Spin from Washington, the presstitute media, and the puppet state medias would prevail. So the word went out to destroy Julian Assange.

It is amazing how many people and Internet sites obeyed Washington’s command. Assange has been so demonized that even though he has been granted political asylum by Ecuador, the British government, obeying its Washington master, refuses to allow him safe passage out of the London Ecuador Embassy. Is Assange destined to live out his life inside the Ecuador Embassy in London?

Will Assange be a replay of Cardinal Jozsef Mindszenty who on November 4, 1956, sought asylum in the US embassy in Budapest as Soviet tanks poured into Hungary to put down the anti-communist revolution? Cardinal Mindszenty lived for 15 years in the US embassy. Today it is “freedom and democracy” amerika that is copying Soviet practices during the cold war.

In contrast with “freedom and democracy” US and UK, the “authoritarian,” “communist,” “oppressive” Chinese government when confronted with Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng’s defection to the US embassy in Beijing, let him go.

It is an upside down world when America and the British refuse to obey international law, but the Chinese communists uphold international law.

Insouciant americans are undisturbed that alleged terrorists are tortured, held indefinitely in prison without due process, and executed on the whim of some executive branch official without due process of law.

Most americans go along with unaccountable murder, torture, and detention without evidence, which proclaims their gullibility to the entire world. There has never in history been a population as unaware as americans. The world is amazed that an insouciant people became, if only for a short time, a superpower.

The world needs intelligence and leadership in order to avoid catastrophe, but america can provide neither intelligence nor leadership. America is a lost land where nuclear weapons are in the hands of those who are concerned only with their own power. Washington is the enemy of the entire world and encompasses the largest concentration of evil on the planet.

Where is the good to rise up against the evil?

Offline Tlion714

• Readings
Re: Zombies, cowards and self-appointed know-it-alls
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
Awesome post Geolib!

Well Played!!!!!

Offline MAquino

• Baron of Rachane
    • Barony of Rachane
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »
O.K., let's talk about real zombies ... :o

Quote from: author M.A. Aquino, MindWar, Chapter 1
For details of zombification see Wade E. Davis , The Serpent and the Rainbow (New York: Warner Books, 1987), concerning Haitian Voodoo and actual zombie creation - not by supernatural means, but by the secret use of poisons. The book is based upon field research by the author, who holds undergraduate degrees from Harvard University in Ethnobotany and Biology, and a Ph.D. in Ethnobotany.

Specifically MindWar-relevant cf. Daniel W. Drezner, Theories of International Politics and Zombies (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2011). Professor Drezner teaches International Politics at Tufts University.

There is no truth whatever to the rumor that the National Security Agency is completely staffed by zombies, though misapprehensions in this regard based upon rare survived encounters are perhaps understandable.

Zombies lurching around munching on people continue to be an annoying social problem, but you will be glad to know that your Army has it well in hand.

In the PSYOP community we too are doing our part: (PO = PSYOP Objective, SPO = Supporting PSYOP Objective, TA = Target Audience)

PO A: Decrease the # of zombie attacks worldwide
SPO 1: TA kills zombies by decapitation
SPO 2: TA reports zombies to local authorities
SPO 3: TA cooperates with authorities during zombie cordon searches
SPO 4: TA joins the anti-zombie alliance
SPO 5: TA attend classes on zombie awareness
SPO 6: TA conducts training on how to fight zombies

PO B:  Reduce the # of zombie viral outbreaks within a given year
SPO 1: TA seeks medical attention after any encounter with a zombie
SPO 2: TA donates money for anti-zombie research
SPO 3: TA prepares emergency kits to survive the zombie apocalypse
SPO 4: TA removes and properly disposes of zombie corpses
SPO 5: TA starts a local chapter of the anti-zombie alliance to educate the public of the zombie threat
SPO 6: TA develops a zombie apocalypse management plan

Contingency PO for worst-case scenario

PO C: Increase the # of cities that have disaster management plans that can minimize the effects of a class 3 zombie outbreak
SPO 1: TA establishes a zombie command post
SPO 2: TA declares a state of emergency and enacts martial law
SPO 3: TA restricts travel into the contaminated area
SPO 4: TA avoids entering contaminated zones
SPO 5: TA immediately burns zombie corpses where they lay
SPO 6: TA evacuates contaminated areas

Additional PO for the NORTHCOM disaster assistance plan

PO D:  Increase the # of cities that have zombie outbreak containment, preparation, and survival safeguards in place
SPO 1: TA attends anti-zombie alliance disaster planning meetings
SPO 2: TA stocks five gallons of water for each family member (one gallon per person x 5 days)
SPO 3: TA builds a family survival kit adhering to Red Cross guidance (food, medical, hygiene, etc)
SPO 4: TA reports developing a family plan for an emergency
SPO 5: TA secures their homes in accordance with zombie survival guide
SPO 6: TA trains with a weapon capable of killing a zombie

So now you can sleep better at night ... at least until you hear your door rattling and a slavering outside ...  :o
Michael A. Aquino, Ph.D.
Lt. Colonel, PSYOP, USA-Ret.