Does smoking cause cancer?

Author Topic: Does smoking cause cancer?  (Read 80022 times)

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Re: Does smoking cause cancer?
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
Ramicio,

I had an uncle that smoked a pipe for decades. He ended up dying of cancer. A grandfather also died of cancer and he was a regular smoker back in 1900s.

I think you should look into your theory further. I don't think it's right!

Smoking leaves your body full of heavy metal toxins which cripple your body from working properly (as does eating bad, etc). These toxins cause all kinds of health problems, then Drs put you on drugs to manage them, and those drugs deplete nutrients in the body which in turn causes many other problems. It's like a snowball effect. These toxins also stay in your body long after quitting. A friend quit in 1998, and she is still full of toxins from smoking for 2 decades. The only way to get rid of these types of toxins is with a Far Infrared Sauna (FIR). You sweat them out. You must watch out for those made with toxic wood however. Two of the best are High Tech Health (Colorado, USA) and SaunaRay (Ontario, Canada). They don't use toxic wood. Many of the rest are made in China and use toxic parts. Beware of those. They are also usually much cheaper, than the good ones. Another tip off!

To learn about the FIR Sauna, read "Detox or Die" by Dr. Sherry Rogers (I know first hand this Dr. knows what she is talking about RE: health. I have followed many of her guidelines.)

http://www.prestigepublishing.com

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline ramicio

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2013, 09:29:11 AM »
Where did he get the tobacco?  Burning a pure plant doesn't put any "toxins" into your body.  The heavy metals you speak of are added by the tobacco industry, they don't naturally occur in a tobacco plant.  Same with the "toxins."  They add all of that crap to make it more addictive.  The Amish grow their own tobacco and smoke it, and you don't see them dropping from cancer.  They also grow their own food, chemical free.  Also, unless you can observe a parallel universe where your uncle didn't smoke, you can't prove that the smoking was the cause of his cancer.  This is just another lesson to not consume anything from gigantic industries.

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
There really is no proof that smoking tobbaco causes cancer and never have been any true studies saying it does, and if the government says its bad then I wonder if it really is.
What do you under-stand?

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2013, 01:07:22 PM »
Ramicio,

I had an uncle that smoked a pipe for decades. He ended up dying of cancer. A grandfather also died of cancer and he was a regular smoker back in 1900s.

I think you should look into your theory further. I don't think it's right!

Smoking leaves your body full of heavy metal toxins which cripple your body from working properly (as does eating bad, etc). These toxins cause all kinds of health problems, then Drs put you on drugs to manage them, and those drugs deplete nutrients in the body which in turn causes many other problems. It's like a snowball effect. These toxins also stay in your body long after quitting. A friend quit in 1998, and she is still full of toxins from smoking for 2 decades. The only way to get rid of these types of toxins is with a Far Infrared Sauna (FIR). You sweat them out. You must watch out for those made with toxic wood however. Two of the best are High Tech Health (Colorado, USA) and SaunaRay (Ontario, Canada). They don't use toxic wood. Many of the rest are made in China and use toxic parts. Beware of those. They are also usually much cheaper, than the good ones. Another tip off!

To learn about the FIR Sauna, read "Detox or Die" by Dr. Sherry Rogers (I know first hand this Dr. knows what she is talking about RE: health. I have followed many of her guidelines.)

http://www.prestigepublishing.com

Thanks nice post about the best sauna to use for health....

http://www.bowdiges.org/documents/files/FIRS_for_detoxification.pdf

interesting company non toxic wood mp3 on sale :

http://www.qualitysaunawarehouse.com/product_view.asp?id=1505

low cost fir:

http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Portable-Foldable-Sauna-Detox/dp/B002POAYDW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

blanket:

http://www.healthandmed.com/p-2346-far-infrared-sauna-blanket-with-3-zone-digital-controller.aspx?utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=AmazonProductAds&utm_campaign=CSEMGMT

http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Sauna-Blanket-Digital-Controller/dp/B005FQ2X1S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2

FIR WRAP

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Far-Infrared-Slimming-Siut-Cellulite/dp/B009BJAG3W/ref=sr_1_8?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1361815557&sr=1-8&keywords=FIR+SAUNA
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline JonnyDeath

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »
There's too much on this thread for me to read so I will just throw in my theory which a few years later because of the internet, a lot of people got behind.

The HEAT of the smoke irradiating the lung tissue is probably the primary reason people get cancer. The absorption of the toxins in the smoke is amplified. You can also create lesions which means even greater absorption, scar tissue and large pieces of crap that can get into the circulatory system and end up who knows where!

So does smoking cause cancer.
DUDE, it's F'ing SMOKE!!

There's nothing anyone or any scientific study can say that will convince me smoking doesn't tear you up then down with tobacco being hands down the worst.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2013, 02:49:20 PM »
Death from building fires is usually from the smoke, not the fire.

Therefore, I say to inhale smoke is a deadly practice, at best.

Not only that.  Take how you make lye.  Lye is a highly-caustic substance.    Lye is made by taking wood ashes and mixing them with water....

Smoke is comprised of ashes (it is merely super-fine = smoke).  Our lungs are moist.  Do you think lye made in the lungs from inhaling smoke (along with the poisons in a house fire, and those added to cigarettes) might cause death, or cancer?

Instead of justifying a habit - start justifying quitting.

worcesteradam

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »
University professor, 37, dies from lung cancer after doctors diagnosed 'anxiety and depression'

Lisa Smirl, from Brighton, saw three different doctors with a range of symptoms over a year-long period. By the time the cancer was diagnosed, it was terminal. Shortly after her diagnosis, she wrote on her blog: 'How is it possible that a health conscious, occasionally social smoking, middle class, fiance of a doctor can develop metastatic lung cancer unnoticed. How?!?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2290128/University-professor-37-dies-lung-cancer-doctors-dismissed-symptoms-anxiety-depression.html

Offline ramicio

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
There's too much on this thread for me to read so I will just throw in my theory which a few years later because of the internet, a lot of people got behind.

The HEAT of the smoke irradiating the lung tissue is probably the primary reason people get cancer. The absorption of the toxins in the smoke is amplified. You can also create lesions which means even greater absorption, scar tissue and large pieces of crap that can get into the circulatory system and end up who knows where!

So does smoking cause cancer.
DUDE, it's F'ing SMOKE!!

There's nothing anyone or any scientific study can say that will convince me smoking doesn't tear you up then down with tobacco being hands down the worst.

Are you implying that heat is like ionizing radiation?

worcesteradam

« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2014, 05:52:01 AM »
According to cancer research UKs website, smoking is linked statistically to 14 different types of cancer.

According to the same website though there are over 200 types of cancer.

Thar must mean that smoking is not correlated or negatively correlated to 186 types of cancer.

Statistically could these correlations not just be random?

Offline iamc2

« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2014, 04:21:43 AM »
 My Granddad died at 86 and never smoke nor drank!

His brother, my Granduncle died at 96 and he smoked and drank all his adult life!

does this prove anything; not Really; But neither do Government studies.. ;)
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
I still believe Nicotine has many protective properties--the more and more I research the convinced I become.  Again, not advocating smoking cigarettes but the nicotine is key.

Alzheimer's is on the rise.  ...food for thought.

NICOTINE BENEFITS

By Wanda Hamilton

Researchers have long been aware that fewer smokers get Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases than non-smokers.Up to April l992, of the 17 studies on Alzheimer's and smoking which had been published in peer-reviewed journals, 13 reported a reduced risk for smokers and only four found no difference between smokers and non-smokers.Similar findings have been published on the effect of smoking and Parkinson's disease.

In an article in The Times of London (9/7/93), Dr. James Le Fanu provided an examination of the research on smoking and its apparent protective effect for certain diseases. Dr. Le Fanu stated unequivocally:"Smokers have a 50 per cent reduced risk of developing Alzheimer's--and the more smoked the greater the protection."He also noted that emerging research points to a similar effect of smoking on Parkinson's disease.

So striking was the apparent protective effect of smoking on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's that increasingly biomedical researchers are experimenting with nicotine to treat the symptoms of these dread disease in-patients who have been diagnosed as having them. Results from these experiments have all showed promise in alleviating the symptoms of these diseases with the administration of nicotine.

The mechanism by which the nicotine in tobacco works to protect smokers is that it increases the number of so-called "nicotinic" receptors in the brain, which in turn influence the production and release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.Those who come down with Alzheimer's show a marked loss of "nicotinic" receptors in their brains and thus have reduced levels of acetylcholine, which is necessary for memory and other brain functions.

Research has shown that tobacco smoke (and the nicotine therein) inhibits the activity of monoamine oxidase B (MAOB).Experiments on mice which were genetically engineered to be without the gene for MAOB "were resistant to the neurodegenerative effects of MPTP, a toxin that induces a condition reminiscent of Parkinson's disease," (Dr. Jean C. Shih researcher at the University of Southern California, as reported in Reuters, 10/7/97, "Isoenzyme Inhibited by cigarette Smoke May Have Role in Aging and Neurodegeneration").The findings of Dr. Shih and her colleagues point to a protective effect from smoking on the aging of the brain.

Other diseases for which smoking and nicotine appear to be protective are ulcerative colitis, Tourette's Syndrome, and possibly rheumatoid arthritis and colorectal cancer.

Below are excerpts from some recent articles and studies on nicotine, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cognitive abilities, Tourette's and ulcerative colitis.

"In human studies, reported performance improvements with post-trial administration of nicotine have all involved associated learning (Mangan and Golding l883; Colrain et al, l992; Warburton et al, l992).... Nicotine improves performance by increasing the attentional resources available for such strategic processing," [Rusted JM, et al, "Facilitation of memory by post-trial administration of nicotine: evidence for attentional explanation," Psychopharmacology, 108(4):452-5, l992].

"1. Nicotine improves attention in a wide variety of tasks in healthy volunteers.2. Nicotine improves immediate and longer-term memory in healthy volunteers.3.Nicotine improves attention in patients with probable Alzheimer's Disease," [Warburton D M, "Nicotine as a cognitive enhancer," Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, 16(2): 181-91, Mar l992]

"Researchers observed lessening of tic frequency and severity 3 minutes after subjects chewed [nicotine] gum, even more so at 10 minutes." [Rickards E H, "Nicotine gum in Tourette's disorder," American Journal of Psychiatry, 149(3):417, Mar l992.Note:the subjects were all children with Tourette's disorder].

"In humans, nicotine-induced improvement of rapid information processing is particularly well documented.... Preliminary studies have found that some aspects of the cognitive deficit in Alzheimer's disease can be attenuated by nicotine." [Levin E D, "Nicotinic systems and cognitive function," Psychopharmacology, 108(4):417-31, l992]

"Improvement in attention, learning, reaction time, and problem solving have been reported.... Different processes, including attention, stimulus evaluation, and response selection, appear to be involved in the effect of nicotine on human information processing." [Le Houezec J, Benowitz N L, "Basic and clinical psychopharmacology of nicotine," Clinics in Chest Medicine, 12(4):681-99, Dec l991].

"Despite the absence of change in memory functioning, these results demonstrate that DAT [Alzheimer's disease] patients have significant perceptual and visual attentional deficits which are improved by nicotine administration." [Jones G M, Sahakian B J, et al, "Effects of acute subcutaneous nicotine on attention, information processing and short-term memory in Alzheimer's disease," Psychopharmacology, 108(4):485-94, l992].

"When you look at people who smoke, and people who don't smoke...you find those who smoke cigarettes are about half as likely to get Parkinson's disease." [Dr. David Morens of the University of Hawaii School of Public Health as quoted in "Stunned docs discover cigarettes stop Parkinson's," by Roger Field, New York Post, 6/15/95.Dr. Morens and colleagues examined 34 studies on smoking and Parkinson's.Their study was published in the June, l995 issue of Neurology].

According to a study conducted at Surrey University and published in the journal Psychopharmacology, smokers are more mentally alert at night than non-smokers.Rosemary Brook, spokeswoman for Surrey University's psychopharmacology unit, said, "The results showed that smokers were subsequently able to perform various tests of reaction, memory recall and other related tasks consistently better than the non-smokers," [Reported on the BBC News, 4/8/98, "Cigarettes 'keep you sharp after dark'."

In a presentation at the 151st annual meeting of the American Psychiatric Association (June 8, l998 in Toronto), Dr. Paul Newhouse of the University of Vermont reported on his research on treating Parkinson's disease with nicotine."Preliminary analysis shows improvements after acute nicotine administration in several areas of cognitive performance."These areas included reaction time and central processing speed.The researchers also reported that after chronic use of nicotine on Parkinson's patients, motor function and the ability to move also improved. [Reported by Reuters, 6/8/98, "Nicotine patch promising for Parkinson's"].

"The influence of smoking on the risk of developing ulcerative colitis is well documented.Compared with lifetime nonsmokers, the risk is reduced in smokers...." [Tysk C, Jarnerot G, "Has smoking changed the epidemiology of ulcerative colitis"" Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, 27(6):508-12, Jun l992].

"When association between cigarette smoking and UC [ulcerative colitis] are examined, never-smokers are approximately three times more likely to develop UC than smokers.A consistent finding from study to study is that quitters have a mildly increased risk of developing UC which suggests that cigarette smoking may have a protective effect," [Lashner B A, "Inflammatory bowel disease: family patterns and risk factors," Comprehensive Therapy, 18(8):2-4, Aug l992].

"It is beyond doubt that smokers are protected against ulcerative colitis, and the more that is smoked the greater the protection--so those on 25 cigarettes a day or more have a risk as little as one-tenth that of non-smokers," (Dr. Martin Osbourne, surgeon at the Royal Free Hospital in London, as quoted in the Daily Telegraph, 9/7/93).

http://www.forces.org/evidence/hamilton/other/nicotine.htm
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

worcesteradam

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »
Thank you for that ^

Because of course it's not just one ailment we should be comparing it to. Every disease should count.

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2014, 01:38:45 PM »
Thank you for that ^

Because of course it's not just one ailment we should be comparing it to. Every disease should count.

The key is to not smoke commercial cigarettes or tobacco which is produced with chemical fertilizers and then processed with dozens of chemicals in packaging. The cure for this is to smoke organically grown and chemical free tobacco.

The curative agent in tobacco smoke is the nicotine, a light oil. The bad component of tobacco smoke aside from the chemical additives, even in organic tobacco, is the thick unburned tar produced by the smoldering ember the packed tobacco becomes in the smoking process. To remove the tar completely from the smoke requires a Ventura filter... The permanent cleanable filters made by Tar-Gard are the best... I have been using them for 42 years now... even before Hunter S.Thompson made them famous.

JTCoyoté

"Fashion for the most part is nothing
but the ostentation of riches."

~John Locke

Offline Owais

« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2014, 02:02:33 AM »
Absoulatly smoking is cause of cancer we should escape from this bad habbit.

Offline Owais

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2014, 01:27:21 AM »
Smoking is very dangerous for our heath.

Offline lisacolnett

• Doctors Health Press
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2015, 06:55:09 AM »
Nicotine is the real cause of cancer...

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »
Nicotine is the real cause of cancer...

Lulz...

Better quit eating potatoes then...
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »
Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt, who smoked 60 a day since he was a teenager, dies in hospital aged 96
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3312054/Former-German-Chancellor-Helmut-Schmidt-smoked-60-day-teenager-dies-hospital-aged-96.html
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

worcesteradam

« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2015, 07:13:04 PM »
An infection transferred during oral sex could overtake smoking as the main cause of mouth cancer, a clinic has said.

While smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and chewing tobacco were once the primary risk factors for mouth cancer, recent years have seen an increase in cases caused by HPV, or the human papillomavirus, according to online health clinic Euroclinix.

The HPV virus currently accounts for 25% of all mouth cancers gloabally and 35% of throat cancers, compared to two thirds attributed to smoking – though it is difficult to quantify the effect precisely, due to the testing methods available and the other risk factors involved.

As outlined by the NHS, detecting HPV cells in a patient with oral cancer does not mean HPV caused the cancer.

‘Smoking is linked to about 65 per cent of mouth cancers in the UK, whereas only 8 to 14 per cent of cases are thought to be linked to HPV,’ Fiona Osgun, Cancer Research UK’s health information officer, told Metro.co.uk.

‘Around 90 per cent of mouth cancer cases are preventable – things like staying smokefree, cutting down on alcohol and making sure you get your 5-a-day can all help reduce the risk.’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/16/unprotected-oral-sex-expected-to-overtake-smoking-as-the-main-cause-of-mouth-cancer-5505389/

Offline One Revelator

Re: Does smoking cause cancer? EPA:Radioactive Tobacco Report
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2016, 01:23:32 AM »
Boom! This confirms what I've suspected!

Radiation in Tobacco

Every year 440,000 people die in the US from tobacco use and smoke-related diseases, which is approximately 20% of all deaths in the United States. Cigarettes kill more Americans than alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined.

While not an obvious source of radiation exposure, cigarette smokers inhale radioactive material that, over time, contribute large radiation dose to the lungs. Worse, smokers are not the only ones affected by the radiation in cigarettes. Breathing second-hand smoke can be just as harmful to nearby non-smokers.

Naturally occurring radioactive minerals accumulate on the sticky surfaces of tobacco leaves as the plant grows, and these minerals remain on the leaves throughout the manufacturing process. Additionally, the use of the phosphate fertilizer Apatite – which contains radium, lead-210, and polonium-210 – also increases the amount of radiation in tobacco plants.

The radium that accumulates on the tobacco leaves predominantly emits alpha and gamma radiation. The lead-210 and polonium-210 particles lodge in the smoker’s lungs, where they accumulate for decades (lead-210 has a half-life of 22.3 years). The tar from tobacco builds up on the bronchioles and traps even more of these particles. Over time, these particles can damage the lungs and lead to lung cancer.

Source: EPA
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline One Revelator

Re: Does smoking cause cancer? EPA: Radioactive Tobacco Report
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »
Bump for the EPA.  :)

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2016, 03:09:48 PM »
If ya listen to all the reports it all boils down to if you are living then ANYTHING will cause cancer.    So only solution don't do anything, oh wait theres a report about not doing anything is bad,  Aw hell with  it, going to light up now if someone bitches then just telling em to get the hell out of my space and go stand at their local mayors office and bitch about  the fumes from that chimney.
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2016, 03:30:30 PM »
It's not necessarily tobacco, nor is it nicotine. This confirms it's the way tobacco is produced.

Totally explains why people in foreign countries smoke like chimneys and don't get cancer.
Also explains why native Americans smoked and didn't get cancer.

Nicotine, by itself, is proving to have some beneficial properties.

The new research into the potential medical benefits of nicotine has certainly been gaining momentum and seems worthy of further exploration. Research has shown that nicotine can provide pain relief, grow new blood vessels, and help treat Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, depression, schizophrenia and address other mental and physical health problems:

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/10/nicotine-are-we-wrong.html

Offline Sloan Ranger

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »
It's not necessarily tobacco, nor is it nicotine. This confirms it's the way tobacco is produced.

Totally explains why people in foreign countries smoke like chimneys and don't get cancer.
Also explains why native Americans smoked and didn't get cancer.

Nicotine, by itself, is proving to have some beneficial properties.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/10/nicotine-are-we-wrong.html

I read about this (radioactive tobacco) a few years years ago and smoked organic for a while until I quit. My understanding is that the fertilizer is pretty much the whole ball game when it comes t radiation in tobacco. However its not just cancer to think about smoking ,the burnt substances also affect the heart and liver, kidneys, you name it. Ecigs are prob the best bet for nicotine.

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »
The thing I find outrageous is that both the government and Big Tobacco know/knew about it and did/are doing nothing. Ergo, it's an intentional population control program.

Add Big Pharma into the mix and they all knowingly make money from causing disease and death.

Offline Dude447

« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2016, 07:39:44 PM »
Ok as a smoker . I find the topic title a bit misleading at best .

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2016, 12:17:07 AM »

Australia: The truth about tobacco plain packaging - The 3.4% myth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW4_4ed4QSQ

Topher looks into the 'numbers BEHIND the numbers' on tobacco consumption rates, to see if tobacco consumption really did drop after the introduction of plain packaging... or if the 3.4% myth is just... a myth!

Ref.
Department of Health telling porkies on Plain Packaging
Posted on 9:41 pm, August 19, 2015 by Sinclair Davidson   
http://catallaxyfiles.com/2015/08/19/department-of-health-telling-porkies-on-plain-packaging/

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline iamc2

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2016, 02:31:02 PM »
 Heaven is a 'No Smoking' place...

But: on earth we do smoke!

In my opinion: GOD will not kick ya out ; Because ya smoke!

...Does smoking mess ya up/ Yup!

...so---do not smoke---But a smoke will never keep ya from going to Heaven!
  8)
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline notravelingfellows

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2017, 02:54:52 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus

From wikipedia (sourced)...

Since snus is not inhaled it does not affect the lungs as cigarettes do. Because it is steam-pasteurized rather than fire-cured like smoking tobacco or other chewing tobacco, it contains lower concentrations of nitrosamines and other carcinogens that form from the partially anaerobic heating of proteins - 2.8 parts per million for Ettan brand, compared to as high as 127.9 parts per million in some American brands.

https://www.industrydocumentslibrary.ucsf.edu/tobacco/docs/#id=yxvk0150

When I first started looking into snus more, I found how chewing/dipping did seem more dangerous and this quote seems to explain why very well and just makes sense to me. It's fire that's causing the most problems. Snus (at least the good stuff) is steam-pasteurized, not fire roasted.
So I tried it, and I loved it. General Snus from Sweden. Really not trying to sell anything here. But I go to a specific tobacco shop, bypass probably about five "tobacco shops" along the way, to buy a little can thing for 5-6 dollars depending on the cashier. It can last me a week easy compared to smoking a pack a day. I do love to smoke. I quit earlier this year because I was on two or three of those pouches a day. For heavy smokers, pop one in in the morning after you've made your coffee and opened the paper and just wait for the buzz to onset in about ten minutes.
I'm planning on quitting smoking again soon, using General Snus full portions. Man, that third picture down on the wikipedia page, the dark moist pouch on the left, is making my mouth water. I did go down to one a day eventually because the onset isn't immediate like smoking, but you still really get a buzz, more so than smoking I'd say.
Hopefully I've helped someone really trying to quit. I'm quitting again for more lung capacity.
Berthed and stamped No. *************

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
https://youtu.be/l6tEWWmdOyI?t=23
Father Guido Sarducci (smoking) - Talks to "Letterman" (late 1980s)

Heaven is a 'No Smoking' place...
But: on earth we do smoke!
 In my opinion: GOD will not kick ya out ; Because ya smoke! ...Does smoking mess ya up/ Yup!

...so---do not smoke---But a smoke will never keep ya from going to Heaven!
  8)
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5