Author Topic: Wikileaks co-founder Young: Whoever leaks something leaks it with an agenda  (Read 22698 times)

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Added On July 26, 2010
A co-founder of WikiLeaks tells CNN's Jim Clancy
people should be cautious of Wikileaks document dump.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/07/26/intv.wikileaks.founder.caution.cnn?hpt=T1

Transcript (transcribed by Pilikia):

CNN: "We're joined now by John Young, a Wikileaks co-founder, and someone who left the website a few years ago in a dispute over credibility.  .... Let's talk about why you left Wikileaks.."

John Young: ...They revealed that they were continuing to raise $5,000,000 in the first year, and I had a problem with that scale of money-raising. So I criticized it and said that the only way you can raise that kind of money that fast would be for some corrupt source of money or a government agency, so they booted me off the list.

CNN: ... what is the risk that some of the leaks ...could be coming from intelligence agencies that really, you know, want to see the information leaked?

John Young: That's right... leaks are typically manipulated. There are no clean leaks. Every leak is a form of manipulated information. That's the nature of leaks. That's why they're out there. So that whoever 'leaks' something, and that's a term I don't like very much, but whoever leaks something leaks it with an agenda.

CNN:...when they leak it with an agenda it draws into question why ...

John Young: ..."the main thing you need to check on is whether documents are genuine or not. And I should point out, and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, this is the first leak of digital documents. There are no paper records here. I can't find any paper records; it's all digital. I've looked at the Guardian site, the New York Times site, the Wikileaks sites - as far as I can see - everything is digital. And digital material is notoriously forgeable, manipulable and corruptable. There is no provenance for this information.

Now Wikileaks knows this; they're experts at
authenticating digital documents by cryptography.
They did not do that in this case.

So we actually don't know if anything has been leaked at all that is legitimate. I'm surprised that the New York Times, and the Guardian and der Speigel and ... did not do some true technical authentication - at least they have not revealed it if they have.

... so I say, look at the documents, and in this case we have only digital documents, it's the first time anything like this has been done at this scale of digital documents....

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline squarepusher

What this article should have mentioned also is that John Young is one of the founders of Cryptome - lending some credibility to his opinion.
Infowars Wiki - Help make this become the official wiki of Infowars.com - contribute!

Offline hardrain77

What this article should have mentioned also is that John Young is also one of the founders of Cryptome - lending some credibility to his opinion.

They would rather you know about wikileaks than cryptome.

Red flags go up, EVERYWHERE.
"Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of something. They know there is a power somewhere, so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so pervasive, they had better not speak above their breath."

Woodrow Wilson

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
In case people have not figured it out by now...

Julian Assange is the Hal Turner of the Freedom of Information movement
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

worcesteradam

someone writes on another thread

"Submissions to the Advisory Report on the Asio Legislation Amendment (Terrorism) Bill 2002, listed a Mr Julian Assange President Australian Institute for Collaborative Research.

ASIO is Australias version of the CIA."

Offline agentbluescreen

Not so, the Climategate leaks were all plain ASCII Text documents.

An ASCII TEXT file only has "markers" (Created, Last modified, User, Owner etc) on the disk file system from which it originated, thus provenance can only be established by comparing it (or portions of it) to the source database from which it originated.

Pvt Manning apparently did so for them, and has been exposed and arrested for performing that service.

The plain truth is also an "agenda".

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
someone writes on another thread

"Submissions to the Advisory Report on the Asio Legislation Amendment (Terrorism) Bill 2002, listed a Mr Julian Assange President Australian Institute for Collaborative Research.

ASIO is Australias version of the CIA."

Australian Intelligence Agent....well isn't that just perfect!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Daystrom

Australian Intelligence Agent....well isn't that just perfect!

Here is more info: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/pjcaad/terrorbill2002/terrorindex.htm
Assange is listed number 154 in the document Appendix B: List of submissions.

Interesting article here: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread560001/pg1

EvadingGrid

I remain unconvinced either way, and will keep an open mind.

Offline Guns Equal Freedom

"Wikileaks co-founder Young: Whoever leaks something leaks it with an agenda."

My thoughts exactly when I heard about what was leaked by wikileaks.

I bet you there are people in The Government who don't like Obama at all.
A Peaceful Anarchy would be like Utopia, but a Minarchy is reality.

Offline freedom_commonsense

Not so, the Climategate leaks were all plain ASCII Text documents.

An ASCII TEXT file only has "markers" (Created, Last modified, User, Owner etc) on the disk file system from which it originated, thus provenance can only be established by comparing it (or portions of it) to the source database from which it originated.

Pvt Manning apparently did so for them, and has been exposed and arrested for performing that service.

The plain truth is also an "agenda".

Has that verification been done with these 90,000 documents?

Offline jofortruth

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Irobot

• SHOW HOST WANTED!
    • 12160 SOCIAL NETWORK
John Young (Cryptome )Wayne Madsen on Alex Jones Show about WikiLeaks
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 08:56:54 pm »
John Young (Cryptome ) on Alex Jones Show about WikiLeaks 07 26 10 12160.org:
http://ning.it/9Eaiub

Wayne Madsen Alex Jones WikiLeaks 07 26 1012160.org:
http://ning.it/bAX4iz

12160  "Destroying the NWO"
Check out the blogs, videos, and discussions!!
http://12160.info/

RADIO HOST WANTED!!! 
Trolls R People 2

Offline agentbluescreen

Has that verification been done with these 90,000 documents?

Well on DemocracyNow.org he claimed to  have verified certain unspecified (no doubt key) items for wiki, obviously since there are far more than the huge number already released nobody would bother checking each and every one if they hoped to do so discretely.

But even of all he checked was a small cross section it would serve the purpose

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
... he claimed to  have verified certain unspecified (no doubt key) items for wiki...

Gee. Too bad he didn't 'specify' which documents were 'verified'.
And if Julian Assange cracked that 256-bit encryption, then he's the new hero of the cybersecurity world of geeks who've been trying to break that for years. He's famous for that alone - since he's the only one who has been able to do it EVER.
And I find that hard to believe.
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Obviously backdoored enterprise architecture frameworks that are the foundation for their cyber systems give a fl*ing f*ck about "air gapped networks" when the communications is done through the air via a frequency spectrum that blends in and is indistinguishable from digital noise, making it non-interceptable, and unobservable to any except for those who have access to the backdoors.  I mean seriously, the MIC only spies on the general public, and not people who work for them in the military right?
Really?  You just walk into a military base where there are SIRPNET networked computers with a CD-RW just like that huh?  I know private companies that do IT that search you when you get in the door at work for such things.  So the Pentagon apparently has never witnessed or heard of private companies that enforce more strict security policies for their employees than what they themselves are allegedly lacking.

This smacks of the Center for Strategic and International Studies fascist propagandist James Lewis fearmongering and spouting off about "cyber terrorists" allegedly being the fault of USB thumb drives that the Pentagon allegedly had to ban after the fact as part of some new, bullsh*t "cyber security" measures.

Keep in mind that all of the cyber security legilslation is all about forced compliance with MIC software standards, programming standards, hardware standards.  ANything and everything regarding computers will be under internationalized dicatorial control over what are can and cannot have in any computer or digital media storage system of any kind.  The agenda is another leg of "WMD"--making everyday items that billions use worldwide, "cyber weapons" that must be controlled by the MIC--because it is the very existence of these inanimate devices that threatens national security, the power grid, the banking system-from THEIR insane (lying) point of view.

History proves that the source of leaks from intelligence agencies for the past 30 YEARS has been due the the fact that the military industrial complex set their eyes upon the PROMIS software that the Department of Justice stole from NSA programmer Bill Hamilton's Inslaw company.
Hahahaha, we're expected to take this seriously?  Sounds to me like Manning is a patsy that was carefully molded by the very same people who have spent over 10 years writing 100+ PDF files expressing "concern" for this very type of threat.  It's pretty amazing to me that Manning is playing out the exact threats by these same people who have also wargamed them out.  Who am I talking about?  Why, none other than RAND Corporation, The Markle Foundation, CSIS, and RAND Corporation's DHS (previously Anser Institute of Homeland Security).
OOOPSSS.  Guess what just happened?  This entire story with the Pentagon's FEIGNED outrage, the previous video that was allegedly leaked, and this new upcoming video, is 1000% bullsh*t.

YOU CAN'T DECRYPT 256-BIT AES ENCRYPTION,
NOT IN YOURS OR MINE LIFE TIME
WITH THE AIR FORCE'S 300 PLAYSTATION3 CLUSTER SUPER COMPUTER.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Totally effective isn't it?  Give a pre-warning that is truly a threat to the military industrial complex, for a threat so severe to them (if not intentional), that it would give them more time to search for your thermal signature on the Earth with NRO satellites, 1 Gigapixel UAV cameras, DARPA's Micro and Nano Air Vehicles.  But magically this chic from Iceland keeps in contact with him "somewhere outside of the U.S."?  

Really?  Would that be via Skype or telephone?  Or does she have access to an encrypted, non-eavesdropped military SATCOM phone used by the military?  Skype is 100% insecure over voice chat because they already have the keys to decrypt it on the fly.  Also, they aren't talking over the phone because if they were, he would have already been assassinated or kidnapped by now, period.
Yeah, I don't think they were outraged.  I also don't think that the NSA let him stop by their secret facilities to use their DNA Quantum computers to try to decrypt AES 256 in a few months.

Offline mattj1x

Here is more info: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/pjcaad/terrorbill2002/terrorindex.htm
Assange is listed number 154 in the document Appendix B: List of submissions.

From the Introduction of the document -

The ASIO Terrorism Bill is the most controversial piece of legislation ever
reviewed by the Committee. Over 150 submissions were received most of
which were opposed to the provisions in the Bill.

He may have been one of the people/organizations opposed.

Still, I'm suspicious of this latest leak, seems more like a controlled release.

Offline endof

In case people have not figured it out by now...

Julian Assange is the Hal Turner of the Freedom of Information movement

yeah its pretty damned clear now isnt it. that sob. wonder what he got for it, oh yeah thats right, 5 mill in one year that we know about.
what an asshole.

Offline agentbluescreen

Gee. Too bad he didn't 'specify' which documents were 'verified'.
And if Julian Assange cracked that 256-bit encryption, then he's the new hero of the cybersecurity world of geeks who've been trying to break that for years. He's famous for that alone - since he's the only one who has been able to do it EVER.
And I find that hard to believe.

To my mind the simple fact that neither the Whitehouse nor the Pentagon have denied their authenticity and little if anything raises any eyebrows other than the sheer scope and depth of this massive, catastrophic global rabid corporate ZioNAZI war-criminal disaster makes the whole question irrelevant. I may have mis-heard or misinterpreted the reports, and the key piece of information I made my original point on I cannot directly source at the moment (it was an interview with Manning).

Quote from: http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/26/the_new_pentagon_papers_wikileaks_releases
(Rush Transcript Excerpt)

AMY GOODMAN: Stephen Grey, just to clarify, Dan Ellsberg is talking about Private First Class Bradley Manning, who was in Iraq, had—says he released these documents. He has now been arrested by the military. What did Julian Assange say about Bradley Manning? And this came out in his conversations with Lamo, another blogger online.

STEPHEN GREY: Yeah, I mean, like Daniel Ellsberg, he has, you know, praised what Bradley Manning has said about what he’s doing, but he has not confirmed that he’s the source. I mean, it’s one of the beauties, if you like, of this technology that Julian Assange and his colleagues at WikiLeaks have developed, is that it actually protects the source. So what Julian Assange told me was that he himself does not know who the source is. What they do is verify documents, not sources themselves. So they’re not able to actually verify that that was him. But, I mean, what was striking to me was that Bradley Manning said in his so-called confessions to this informer that he had released 265,000 documents to WikiLeaks. Now, they’ve published 95,000; they say they’ve held back 15,000. Add that up, I think there’s 110,000. So less than half of what he’s handed over has actually been published yet. So there’s—you know, if he indeed is the leak—and I suppose you can—it looks pretty likely—then there’s a lot more to come.

Don't EVER FORGET that this world war is about ONE ISSUE ALONE - robbing Palestine for the U.Z.S.R.'s unconstitutional established-"Jewish"-religionist  51st state.

Offline Aussie Dreadlord

Submissions to the Advisory Report on the Asio Legislation Amendment (Terrorism) Bill 2002, listed a Mr Julian Assange President Australian Institute for Collaborative Research.

ASIO is Australias version of the CIA.

Peace Out!

If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
Kahlil Gibran

Yeah i posted this on another thread but what I found more surreal was the result i got on a quick search for the Institute for Collaborative Research.

Check it out here...

http://www.imb.uq.edu.au/download/large/IMBAnnualReport_sec7.pdf

Peace Out

“In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us.”

Thich Nhat Hahn

Offline agentbluescreen

I remain unconvinced either way, and will keep an open mind.

There are wheels within wheels here, but I honestly do not believe for a minute that Obama bin Soetero is biting the hand of his ZionNAZI masters and leaked these Army deathlogs as a way of disenfranchising their silly "war on terrorists who are us". Sure they may have been doctored, but from all appearances it is the "sanitized self-reporting" U.Z.S.R. invader-occupier war criminal operatives themselves who are doing the (verifiable from comparable civilian account contrasts) doctoring.

Contrary to what Tarpley opined yesterday, the corporate Vietnam-marauding communist-Pentagon NAZIs (Corporatist Rand and it's subcontractors itself) had no greedy, profit-from-mass murdering, self-serving interest to leak the Pentagon Papers, it was the human being, (Daniel Ellesberg's conscience) that did it.

A "honeypot" supports, expands and promotes a criminal conquest, it does not humiliate, discredit and embarrass the invalid and unconscionable, stupid, foolish and self-destructive childishly-psychopathic and violent "false flag mass murder over ideology effort".

The struggles over what different people believe is an intellectual battle that can and will never be resolved by violence.

Offline AnarchyOK

damn, whats happening  ??? , as soon as i think assange is on our side my whole world has being flipped upside down with all this news lol!.
"fear is the virus they use to divide us "