Trans-Humanist documentary recommended by Joe Rogan via Twitter

Author Topic: Trans-Humanist documentary recommended by Joe Rogan via Twitter  (Read 26744 times)

Offline s3d1t0r

• F̱̹̳̖o̤llow the mon̐ͫ͂̓̊̓͊ë́͐͒̍ȳ̏ͨ̾͆
    • Seditious Blasphemy doth appear here!

I follow Joe Rogan on Twitter (http://twitter.com/joerogan) and he posted this:

"Incredible video on the conversion of human beings and technology: http://bit.ly/8JfbSy 11:53 PM Jul 8th via TweetDeck"

and then this:

"Here's part 2 of the video I posted yesterday about humans and technology: http://bit.ly/bcCfbZ     12:18 PM Jul 9th  via TweetDeck"

Now I sat down and watched both parts yesterday and it was interesting but what really caught my attention was in PART 2 when pro-Transhumanist named Richard Seed (physicist, human cloning researcher) says @ the 18:44sec mark, and I quote:

"We are going to become Gods... period.  If you don't like it, get off.  You don't have to contribute, you don't have to participate. But if you're going to interfere with ME becoming God, we're going to have big trouble. And we'll have warfare."

He continues @ the 19:41sec mark...

"The only way you can prevent me is... uh... [unintelligible] to kill me.  And you kill me, I'll kill you."

TechnoCalyps - Part I - TransHuman --> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7141762977713668208#

TechnoCalyps - Part II *(the one quoted above)* - Preparing for the Singularity --> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2258529707984107504#
“go to work, send your kids to school
follow fashion, act normal
walk on the pavement, watch T.V.
save for your old age, obey the law
Repeat after me: I am free

Offline oyashango

• 43 Trillion and counting
Re: Trans-Humanist documentary recommended by Joe Rogan via Twitter
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 05:02:48 PM »
These people are out of their FRICKING MINDS! They are the children not of Gods but of demons. I bet this is where the AIDS virus and other bio-germ warfare began. Does anyone know who funds this diabolical monstrosity?

Offline jeremystalked1

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:09:39 PM »
These people are out of their FRICKING MINDS!

They're part of the control grid for (smart, atheist) techies and scientists.  The techies and scientists can't be controlled with the established religions, so the control grid has produced something that has all the trappings of religion (immortality for 'believers', for instance) but yet is cloaked in acceptable scientific dogma.

Offline simpleblend

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »
@ OP

Thanks for the link, I've never seen this one before.

Right now my stance on technology is that I believe it's a neutral force in human affairs. It can be used as good and evil. I truly think that with great power comes great responsibility.

The problem is that I don't hesitate to conclude that most people (especially westerners) are children at heart, and having monumental responsibility on their shoulders is something that scares the shit out of them. So it's easier to place this responsibility on the back of governments which will act as our benevolent daddies, right?

If we weren't under a world totalitarian system, I wouldn't fear this coming of trans-humans quite as much ya know? What do you guys think?

Offline s3d1t0r

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:12:40 PM »

If we weren't under a world totalitarian system, I wouldn't fear this coming of trans-humans quite as much ya know? What do you guys think?

You are right.  The fact that a world wide totalitarian system is being built up by an elite which is actively seeking God-hood status and real life extension tech while sweeping away any opposition or resistance to their power trip is exactly what we find ourselves faced with.

Also, the quotes from my original post of the pro-Transhumanist Richard Seed, in which we threatens warfare upon any who stand between him and God-hood, are much more frightening when they are heard in his own very menacing voice because of how dead serious he is, which would lead one to assume that his colleagues would be just as deadly serious as he is.

Offline simpleblend

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:03:52 AM »
You are right.  The fact that a world wide totalitarian system is being built up by an elite which is actively seeking God-hood status and real life extension tech while sweeping away any opposition or resistance to their power trip is exactly what we find ourselves faced with.

Also, the quotes from my original post of the pro-Transhumanist Richard Seed, in which we threatens warfare upon any who stand between him and God-hood, are much more frightening when they are heard in his own very menacing voice because of how dead serious he is, which would lead one to assume that his colleagues would be just as deadly serious as he is.

I just finished watching.

I can't believe the naivete of everyone in that documentary. Not one of them mentions the possibility that they themselves won't get the technology, but rather the powers that be will.

Not one of them mentions the role government, and more specifically, corrupt government will play in this debate.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 03:02:23 AM »
The promise of anything like physical immortality in the near future is an utter lie.

For anybody even considering this absurd promise, I suggest you study the myth of Endymion.

Hey, Rogan --

Good luck, grasshopper.

Would I even try to prevent you from being sold a bill of goods by the gods of the new transhumanism?

Not a chance in hell.

Have at.

I don't "twitter" though, so I won't deign to respond to this kind of crap directly.

How many characters was that?

Offline Valerius

"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline xereau

• Thread Killer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 03:48:44 AM »
Note that he did give you the choice to not participate.

However, given his threatening tone later in the interview, I am willing to go out on a limb and surmise that such a personality would force said technology on everyone else once he himself was augmented into a 'god'.

There is no doubt that technology has, does, and will continue to make us better beings.

Reacting dialectically to this topic , as with any, is dangerous.  Remember Ted Kaczynski?

Science and technology, both good and bad, are going to grow.  Both have, do, and will continue to be used for both purposes.

I will continue to advocate the good and fight the bad.

I do not want to merge with machines, myself.

I do not have the right to stop Richard Seed from doing so. 

Richard Seed does not have the right to force his technology on me. 

There has to be some kind of happy medium on this topic.

Here are some questions:

Is it right to stop Richard Seed from merging with machines?

Is it right to stop Richard Seed from merging with machines, if at some point The Augmented Richard Seed will force said machines on everyone?

Perhaps a summit regarding these issues and a subsequent agreement would be a lot more productive than dialectic threats on either side?

Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex. --  Frank Zappa

Offline citizenx

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:09:12 AM »
The problem is these "transhumanists" increasingly seem to have little stake in the future of humanity.  If they are not constrained by conventional morality, they are probably acting right now to undermine and sabotage our freedom and survival.

I would not be too naive about this.

What eugenics and population control were to the twentieth century, many of these transhumanists may be to the twenty-first.

F#@* the Borg.

Offline s3d1t0r

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 05:07:40 AM »
Deus Ex 3 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JTvzrpBy0

Just watched this...

It's the future Alex Jones has been warning everybody about where corporations have more power than governments.

Now it's a video game.

Offline jeremystalked1

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:09 AM »
If it helps, just imagine that Dick Cheney designed the chip that's going into your head.

Or if you love Dick Cheney, imagine it's Rahm Emmanuel.

Obviously neither of those guys could design the chip, but they are a product of a system, and that system is going to be guiding the choices of the people who create the brain chips.

Corporate/fascist-transhumanism is unacceptable.

Offline Tactics

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »

Hey, Rogan --

Good luck, grasshopper.

I don't "twitter" though, so I won't deign to respond to this kind of crap directly.

How many characters was that?

Joe Rogan was not the person who said that, Richard Seed was.  Joe Rogan suggested that people watch the documentary in
which Richard Seed said that.

Offline Michal Ptacnik

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »
If it were not to become a new religion, I guess there would be nothing exactly wrong I could say about this concept. Eyes for the blind, hands for the maimed, stronger people... sure, it would bring new, potentially hazardous social situations, but hey, what does NOT? The real problem is that we do not know what is it exactly that makes humans human and the problem is that we might very well need some parts of our body intact, like glands or other things, in order to be fully aware.

But for people who have already lost some body parts? Or who are disabled? I think to deny them this would be cruel. Total body transfer, though, is I think yet a stuff of science fiction, for better or worse.

For the religious people out there, consider this: Any real science must confirm any true religion, or one of them is not real and true. Therefore to fear scientific progress on religious grounds is ludicrous. The problem is not to overstep ourselves and I am afraid we need to know much, much more about psychology and biology and other things in order to tackle total body transfer. But as I'd said, I am strongly for artifical transplants provided for those who had lost their body parts, organs, etc.

Offline Michal Ptacnik

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 11:05:06 AM »
Let me say it this way: The real problem is that we are ignorant of many facets of our existence and we can, by rapidly progressing with replacements of organs, etc., accidentally ruin parts of it because we will be, when the first prototype is done, ignorant, both the prototype and the scientists, that something is wrong, though I believe there will be some indications that there is a problem regardless, though it might not be enough, tragically, for many atheistic people who don't believe in a tangible soul.

But I don't think wings, longer lives, etc. would probably be so problematic, the genome would stay the same at it's core, the organs would stay the same, etc. The only difference would be by addition or by leaving away some parts of the cells, etc. Substraction is the real challenge.

All in all, though, I don't share the pessimism of those transhumanist scientists. I don't think we are just machines and thus there must be caution. Not superstition, but caution.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »
Just watched this...

It's the future Alex Jones has been warning everybody about where corporations have more power than governments.

Now it's a video game.

The first in the series had many interesting aspects and trivia of interest to people who read this forum.
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline Valerius

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
From the first version of the game in 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOyPitqJg8

Offline simpleblend

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 04:28:10 PM »
How do people expect to deal with the new responsibilities of superhuman abilities when they can't even keep their own governments under control?

I find it hard to believe that humanity will be "freed" by this technology being magically dropped into the consumers laps when most of humanity still hasn't grown up.

Offline Michal Ptacnik

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »
The same way as we'd dealt with any such situation of life changing progress in the past I reckon, unless a miracle happens. Some will use it for relative good, some, perhaps more, will abuse it. This is the curse and the blessing of progress, it gives us ATB and washing machines and it gives us the machine gun and the nuke. You can't have one without the other and man won't stop progressing his knowledge and it's application just because that is true.

However, it could be argued that even if it were possible, progress should not be stopped. It would mutilate what's left of man's soul if someone came and did that by force of law or arms, and I guess he would not stay in power for too long after that, even if his motives were pure. Even though what we truly seek we'll never find with technology, and even though many kinda passively know that, it will continue on and on nevertheless as a testament to this seeking.

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 05:49:50 PM »
saved for ltr

Offline Valerius

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »
How do people expect to deal with the new responsibilities of superhuman abilities when they can't even keep their own governments under control?

I find it hard to believe that humanity will be "freed" by this technology being magically dropped into the consumers laps when most of humanity still hasn't grown up.

I don't think so, either. Neither did a lot of science fiction writers.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »
Dystopia not utopia, for the most part.

Parts are parts, pieces are pieces, right?

I am not the sum of my parts.  I am a whole.

And some people (Rogan) are just a-holes.

Offline s3d1t0r

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
From the first version of the game in 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOyPitqJg8

The only thing missing from that interrogation of the doctor in the white coat is the cop guy accusing him of being an Alex Jones listener.

Also, I "acquired" Deus Ex (2000) yesterday and just started playing it last night.

Offline Cywar

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
The only thing missing from that interrogation of the doctor in the white coat is the cop guy accusing him of being an Alex Jones listener.

Also, I "acquired" Deus Ex (2000) yesterday and just started playing it last night.

I'm gona watch later, thanks
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline jeremystalked1

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »
Know thy enemy:

Vernor Vinge is considered one of the grand-daddies of modern transhumanist "thought".

Read his science fiction trilogy, Across Realtime (a republishing of the Peace War, Marooned in Realtime, and the novella The Ungoverned).

Key assumptions here - the technocrats will be overrun by small networked bands of anarchists ("ungoverned") who are really libertarians, but without all that baggage about corporate personhood and stuff.  No secret societies - events unfold far too fast for the Ancient Ones to get control.  No manipulators behind the scenes.  No psychological warfare, mind control, brain-chip back doors, or other dirty tricks that States play.  Personal invulnerability ("bobbles"), immortality, superintelligence due to mind/computer interfaces.  No directed energy weapons.

What people who read these books come away with is the positive outcomes - the fairy tales - and eagerly try transplanting the touted technologies into today's highly corrupt and fascist-controlled environment.  Telling them they're mind control victims is like telling a first grader there's no Santa Claus.

Offline simpleblend

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »
Know thy enemy:

Vernor Vinge is considered one of the grand-daddies of modern transhumanist "thought".

Read his science fiction trilogy, Across Realtime (a republishing of the Peace War, Marooned in Realtime, and the novella The Ungoverned).

Key assumptions here - the technocrats will be overrun by small networked bands of anarchists ("ungoverned") who are really libertarians, but without all that baggage about corporate personhood and stuff.  No secret societies - events unfold far too fast for the Ancient Ones to get control.  No manipulators behind the scenes.  No psychological warfare, mind control, brain-chip back doors, or other dirty tricks that States play.  Personal invulnerability ("bobbles"), immortality, superintelligence due to mind/computer interfaces.  No directed energy weapons.

What people who read these books come away with is the positive outcomes - the fairy tales - and eagerly try transplanting the touted technologies into today's highly corrupt and fascist-controlled environment.  Telling them they're mind control victims is like telling a first grader there's no Santa Claus.

Interesting, thanks for link.

Offline konstantin.neo

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 05:40:29 PM »
I deduce that the main goal of trans-humanism is to achieve permanent life of the body, all of the other goodies like prosthetics are byproducts which are definitely fine but who will be getting the immortality? Not us of course, and who wants it? If the soul is immortal then it is not the goal to live indefinitely in this body.

It seems that we are barely beginning to evolve, barely, we have no concrete notion of what is after death, if the consciousness is or not immortal and we play with biology with absolute devoid of spirituality and/or understanding of life itself. Its like a mechanic who throws wrenches at the engine and sometimes it breaks and sometimes it appears to work better, now the mechanic have found that he can actually put a wrench on a nut and twist it side to side. This 'mechanic' is the medic/biologist.

Maybe they will succeed in creating a life form devoid of Alma,  perhaps it will be the Antichrist.

I hope I still be alive to see the second coming. Someone needs to come down here are sit with us to explain things before we kill everything.

By the way guys/gals, do you know about the "New Chronology" by Anatoly Fomenko?
His research points to 1253 as the actual year of Christ's birth.

Offline 1mavhere

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:59 PM »
THANKS FOR THE LINKS ILL COMMENT WEN IM DONE PEACE :'(

Offline feeditup

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
This whole film is F cked . welcome to Nazi Germany . Because Nature was wong -----
Facebook is the Barn of the sheep, time to break in, Tare some f**king wool up

Offline feeditup

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »
bump for todays show

Offline dmsthneez

• Anti-State Anti-War Veteran
    • free paradigm
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »
Sure, the global elite will try to use transhumanist level technology to rule the world, but they could lose control of it just like they have with the internet. Either way it just seems to me that the development of these technologies is inevitable. Instead of fearing it we should learn it and find ways to use it to our advantage, just like with the internet.

Offline feeditup

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 05:25:21 AM »
I dont understand why people are hell bent on living forever, or fear death that much. it just showes me that people are so empty inside , materialistic , and have this ongoing competition with there fellow man to be smarter then his brother. Then you ask well where are they trying to go ? space ? and for what ?  If you cant find happyness in your bodie what makes you think you will find it in a computer or traviling threw space? These great minds should be working on betering are planet instead or trying to leave it or inslave there brother. I would also have to say living forever would have to be a living hell for the fact that if they are empty now nuting will change that .

Offline Freeski

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »
I follow Joe Rogan on Twitter (http://twitter.com/joerogan) and he posted this:

"Incredible video on the conversion of human beings and technology: http://bit.ly/8JfbSy 11:53 PM Jul 8th via TweetDeck"

and then this:

"Here's part 2 of the video I posted yesterday about humans and technology: http://bit.ly/bcCfbZ     12:18 PM Jul 9th  via TweetDeck"

Now I sat down and watched both parts yesterday and it was interesting but what really caught my attention was in PART 2 when pro-Transhumanist named Richard Seed (physicist, human cloning researcher) says @ the 18:44sec mark, and I quote:

"We are going to become Gods... period.  If you don't like it, get off.  You don't have to contribute, you don't have to participate. But if you're going to interfere with ME becoming God, we're going to have big trouble. And we'll have warfare."

He continues @ the 19:41sec mark...

"The only way you can prevent me is... uh... [unintelligible] to kill me.  And you kill me, I'll kill you."

TechnoCalyps - Part I - TransHuman --> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7141762977713668208#

TechnoCalyps - Part II *(the one quoted above)* - Preparing for the Singularity --> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2258529707984107504#

Incredible stuff for sure. I just finished part 1 and this is fascinating, scary and unstoppable. Like one of the guys near the end said: this won't solve the problems of humanity, but create all sorts of new ones.

The nanotechnology concept is the most amazing of all, with auto assemblers, atom by atom -- and self-replicating.

The key issue, IMO, is that much of this will be designed and implemented in a top-down do or die fashion, meaning the age old problem of tyranny vs. liberty will continue -- except that this time around, they will be able to identify and simply delete those who understand and crave their freedom. The freedom/truth movement could be made extinct, although it may very well re-emerge after a century or two.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »
@ OP

Thanks for the link, I've never seen this one before.

Right now my stance on technology is that I believe it's a neutral force in human affairs. It can be used as good and evil. I truly think that with great power comes great responsibility.

The problem is that I don't hesitate to conclude that most people (especially westerners) are children at heart, and having monumental responsibility on their shoulders is something that scares the shit out of them. So it's easier to place this responsibility on the back of governments which will act as our benevolent daddies, right?

+1
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »
Man, scary times ahead. Just finished part two of this.

So when do you become one? What about a pacemaker?