10,000 IU Vitamin D per day, is it safe?

Author Topic: 10,000 IU Vitamin D per day, is it safe?  (Read 42622 times)

Offline _CREATIONIST_

• 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB.
10,000 IU Vitamin D per day, is it safe?
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:12:36 pm »
I try to make sure I have the proper Vitamin D in my diet. I know that it's possible to take too much, I'm wondering how much Vitamin D per day that you all take. For example, today I took 10,000 IU plus my multivitamin I take has 1,000 IU. I normally take 6,000 IU of vitamin d per day, but for some reason took more today. How much Vitamin D per day should we be taking?
" In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." - General Robert E. Lee

Offline grapecrusher1

Re: 10,000 IU Vitamin D per day, is it safe?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:17:56 pm »
Apparently Vit D toxicity is very hard to attain.

Although long this vid is superb and packed full of facts not airy fairy speculation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1t9WqOD-0&feature=player_embedded
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:19:49 pm »
I try to make sure I have the proper Vitamin D in my diet. I know that it's possible to take too much, I'm wondering how much Vitamin D per day that you all take. For example, today I took 10,000 IU plus my multivitamin I take has 1,000 IU. I normally take 6,000 IU of vitamin d per day, but for some reason took more today. How much Vitamin D per day should we be taking?

I've been taking 10K iu per day for almost 1 year - recently had my vitamin D level checked: no problem.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine, A Dissertation on the First Principles of Government, 1795

Offline BranstonPickle

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 05:21:52 pm »
Get your blood work done to find out your vit D levels before taking anything like 10,000IU.  The daily recommended dose is 200-400IU, which is pretty low.  You can have too much vit D.  I am mega vit D deficient (12ng/ml) because I am not synthesizing it properly due to thyroid disease, and I take 50,000IU twice a week.  Before anyone doses themselves up, you should know what your levels are first.

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 05:47:40 pm »
Get your blood work done to find out your vit D levels before taking anything like 10,000IU.  The daily recommended dose is 200-400IU, which is pretty low.  You can have too much vit D.  I am mega vit D deficient (12ng/ml) because I am not synthesizing it properly due to thyroid disease, and I take 50,000IU twice a week.  Before anyone doses themselves up, you should know what your levels are first.

I've been taking 6,000 IU a day for close to 6 months and no problems. It probably wouldn't hurt to get my Vitamin D levels checked next time I go to the doctor.
" In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." - General Robert E. Lee

independentWV

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 06:09:02 pm »
There are some toxicity problems related to hypervitaminosis D. These usually occur with high doses of more than 1,000-1500 IU daily for a month or longer in adults. These are not exact numbers and may vary between individuals, time of year and specific needs; however, it is wise to be careful with supplemental vitamin D. I personally think 1,000 IU D/24,000 IU A formulas are potential trouble if taken at all regularly. If there is poor fat digestion and assimilation, might be able to handle more oral vitamin D.

Excessive thirst, diarrhea, nausea, weakness and headaches are the milder symptoms of vitamin D toxicity. There are also increased levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood and urine, and abnormal calcification of soft tissues may occur. Also, there is some suggestion that excess vitamin D speeds the atherosclerosis process. Most symptoms clear up after excessive doses of vitamin D are discontinued.

Vitamin D is best utilized with vitamin A.

Offline BranstonPickle

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 06:09:46 pm »
I've been taking 6,000IU a day for close to 6 months and no problems. It probably wouldn't hurt to get my Vitamin D levels checked next time I go to the doctor.

iirc, 6,000IU (maybe somewhat less) is closer to what the daily dose should be instead of the paltry few hundred they recommend.  Be interested to see what your levels are when you get them checked.  I'm convinced that the sun being blocked by chemtrails has something to do with the increase in vit D deficiencies.

Offline Kaz

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:30:44 pm »
Get plenety of early sun/daylight and eat products from naturaly raised animal sources

Supplements are second best

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 06:35:07 pm »

Although long this vid is superb and packed full of facts not airy fairy speculation.

Freakin' incredibly informative video.  Thanks!

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 07:54:16 pm »

great video, watched all of it. Very informative. I guess I'm in the clear then. The one case where a patient was Vitamin D intoxicated was due to the fact he was taking 1 Million IU of Vitamin D per day. The doctor in the video said 10k IU isnt gonna hurt.

Offline BranstonPickle

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 08:52:06 pm »
One million IU?!?!?  :o

Going to watch the vid later.

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 09:33:17 pm »
One million IU?!?!?  :o

Going to watch the vid later.

It wasn't intentional. He thought that he was consuming 2000 IU per day. The problem is the company he bought the Vitamin D from forgot to dillute it. He was consuming a powered form of vitamin D

Offline BranstonPickle

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 12:40:44 am »
Just watched the vid.  Cringed a little at the evolution angle, especially when he went on to talk about design.  Apart from that, superb and enlightening info.

Offline LibertyPrevails

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 10:35:51 pm »
I was taking about 7,000 IU and my blood test said I was still below the optimal levels. Everyone is different, but this is just an example. Some health experts recommend taking 20,000 IU per day. Keep in mind, however, that getting sun is the best way to get Vitamin D. Overdose pretty much *only* occurs if you're using extreme supplementation. Since its summer try and get the most from the sun, then maybe a 5,000 IU supplementation support. Your skin turns bright pink when it has enough Vitamin D (hardly ever see this because you need so much). Vitamin D also cannot be produced if the sunlight is going through glass.
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―Psalm 94:16

Offline seven_deviations

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 08:56:38 am »
Eat plants and animals that contain vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and don't contain toxins.

Pretty simple. 

Don't need pill form vitamins, they are not absorbed properly anyway.

Pretty simple.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »

I got Hypo-thyroidism ... probably from 50 years of fluoride.   >:(

... anyway, I take a pill daily ... and my doc (who I trust on MOST things)

says take 2,000 IU ... levels are good.

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Online decemberfellow

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 06:45:56 pm »
Jackson  if you can find raw milk you can ween yourself off

the pill consumption.  sunshine and raw milk  Gods medicine  loaded with vitamin d
Mark12:
4And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
 5But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »
Jackson  if you can find raw milk you can ween yourself off

the pill consumption.  sunshine and raw milk  Gods medicine  loaded with vitamin d

Thanx december:

I love my milk ... raw milk when possible, otherwise non-RBGH from the only
dairy in our town that has it. I was recently diagnosed w/type 2 diabetes, too ...
though I am skinny and eat as natural as possible ... it's genetic. I declined the
medication! No thank you please.

Almost NO sugar, very low carb diet ... mostly salads, quinoa, white chicken, fruit in moderation, soy,
oatmeal, etc. I monitor my blood sugar 3-4 times daily, take long walks after meals,
and so far, so good ... and I have never felt better!

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 09:43:01 pm »
1) Get your blood tested (TEST: 25 hydroxy Vit D3)

2) 4,000 iu is a good one to start with, if your test comes back low.

3) Take a good quality D3. (All are not equal. Some brands are a waste of money)

4) A quality brand is Carlson.

5) Take it a few months, then get another test! If ok, keep taking that level.

6) If out in the sun a lot, you will get some D naturally, so consider that also!

7) If you take it and your blood tests are still not good, you may have another issue whereby your body can't synthesize the D3. You need to figure out what that may be and correct it. You could be deficient in other nutrients.

8 ) D3 level should be over 60 ng/ml or 86 - 122 nmol/L

9) A deficiency can take 2-6 months to correct.

10) D3 is important for all to take.

11) Drugs can deplete many vitamins, so ask pharmacist which ones your drugs deplete and then supplement after talking to doctor about any conflicts.

Source of info: Dr Sherry Rogers
http://prestigepublishing.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/apps/cartcompanion/category.html

I personally have been been following her advice and see results! Read her books and find what helps you!

FYI

:)

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline _CREATIONIST_

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 09:50:45 pm »
Can't believe it's been 2 years since I made this thread. Anyways, I take my Vitamin D regularly and also have added Apple Cider Vinegar to my regimen

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 09:52:51 pm »
Can't believe it's been 2 years since I made this thread. Anyways, I take my Vitamin D regularly and also have added Apple Cider Vinegar to my regimen

Apple cider vinegar is also good for you!

Can you tell us how you take it? I haven't tried that yet, but have read about it! Thx!

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:49 pm »

jofortruth:
D3 level should be over 60 ng/ml or 86 - 122 nmol/L

Thanks jo ... good info. I just checked my last
blood test (late November) ... the D3 was 31.
That was when the doc doubled the dose from
1,000 to 2,000 ... I have another test upcoming
in a month or so ... if the numbers are no better
I will up that dose on my own.

... yeah, I was just scanning some threads for vit 'd' info.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:48 pm »

jofortruth:
Thanks jo ... good info. I just checked my last
blood test (late November) ... the D3 was 31.
That was when the doc doubled the dose from
1,000 to 2,000 ... I have another test upcoming
in a month or so ... if the numbers are no better
I will up that dose on my own.

... yeah, I was just scanning some threads for vit 'd' info.

That is low! I would take more until you get the level up to over  90 for sure! Mine is normal now and I still take 3,000 daily.

A friend whose was 35 took 4,000iu for 3 months and got it up to 113.

She had been on drugs that I think depleted her Vit D as well as other nutrients.

Vit D3 creates Re-differentiation & Apoptosis! Look up those words and you will see why everyone should be taking a GOOD  Vit D3. Also we have Vit D receptors in nearly every tissue in our bodies. So important to keep your level up!

Also, very important in flu season!

Offline Committed

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »
Dr Mercola, who is an advocate of Vitamin D3, has posted articles about the importance of taking Vitamin K2 along with D3.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/26/the-delicate-dance-between-vitamins-d-and-k.aspx

Vitamins D and K: "The Gatekeeper and the Traffic Cop"

One of the undisputed benefits vitamin D provides for you is improved bone development by helping you ABSORB calcium. This is not news -- we have known about vitamin D and the absorption of calcium for many decades.

But there is new evidence that it is the vitamin K (specifically, vitamin K2) that directs the calcium to your skeleton, while preventing it from being deposited where you don't want it -- i.e., your organs, joint spaces, and arteries. A large part of arterial plaque consists of calcium deposits (atherosclerosis), hence the term "hardening of the arteries."

Vitamin K2 activates a protein hormone called osteocalcin, produced by osteoblasts, which is needed to bind calcium into the matrix of your bone. Osteocalcin also appears to help prevent calcium from depositing into your arteries.

You can think of vitamin D as the gatekeeper, controlling who gets in, and vitamin K as the traffic cop, directing the traffic to where it needs to go.

Lots of traffic -- but no traffic cop -- means clogging, crowding and chaos everywhere!

In other words, without the help of vitamin K2, the calcium that your vitamin D so effectively lets in might be working AGAINST you -- by building up your coronary arteries rather than your bones.

There is even evidence that the safety of vitamin D is dependent on vitamin K, and that vitamin D toxicity (although very rare with the D3 form) is actually caused by vitamin K2 deficiency.
General Douglas MacArthur:
"I am concerned for the security of our great nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."

www.oathkeepers.org

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 12:55:08 am »
EEEh I wouldn't go above 4000 I.U. a day to be honest.
At 10,000 IU your taking something like 2500% the daily dose.
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 10:57:36 am »
http://touchendocrinology.no-ip.org/system/files/private/articles/11797/pdf/heaney.pdf

Studies have shown 10,000 units daily are safe and could be considered a normal daily intake for many folks, so certainly 4,000 iu is not harmful (Garland, CF "Vitamin D supplement doses and serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (the blood test you use to test your Vit D levels) in the range associated with cancer prevention, Anticancer Res 31:607-12, 2011)

SOURCE: Dr Sherry Rogers book "How to Cure Diabetes" (2013) She says everyone should be taking a GOOD QUALITY Vit D, and not grocery store cheap brands that do nothing for you. A good brand is CARLSON!

IMO, once you get your D level in the normal range (see what I posted above earlier) then to maintain that use 2,000 - 4,000 iu daily. IMO, the higher doses are for people sick, with cancer or have other illnesses. IMO!

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 11:15:27 am »
Where you can find Dr Rogers books and newsletters:
http://prestigepublishing.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/apps/cartcompanion/category.html

She is an MD who finally came around to how medicine has no interest in curing you, but only keeping you on drugs. A friend of mine is following her BP protocols and she is off most of her meds now (those the drs prescribe because PROTOCOL says ONE SIZE FITS ALL, but doesn't) and her BP is normal.

Dr Rogers is brilliant and I bet many of you could get help from her, IF YOU ARE WILLING TO READ. I HAVE SPENT THE LAST YEAR READING HER WORK AND YOU CAN CURE MANY THINGS YOUR DOCTORS TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T CURE BECAUSE THEY ARE TRAINED TO PUSH DRUGS FOR LIFE AND MANAGE ILLNESS, NOT TO FIND CURES. WHY? BECAUSE CURES MAKE NO MONEY FOR BIG MEDICINE AND BIG PHARMA. PRETTY DISGUSTING ISN'T IT?

TIME TO LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES, FOLKS. DR ROGERS TELLS YOU HOW TO DO THAT, AND I KNOW FIRST HAND THAT IT WORKS!

GET OUT OF THE DRUG SYSTEM AND INTO HEALTH! START READING!

Offline sentinelscout

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 02:08:36 am »
http://touchendocrinology.no-ip.org/system/files/private/articles/11797/pdf/heaney.pdf

SOURCE: Dr Sherry Rogers book "How to Cure Diabetes" (2013) She says everyone should be taking a GOOD QUALITY Vit D, and not grocery store cheap brands that do nothing for you. A good brand is CARLSON!

IMO, once you get your D level in the normal range (see what I posted above earlier) then to maintain that use 2,000 - 4,000 iu daily. IMO, the higher doses are for people sick, with cancer or have other illnesses. IMO!

Well yea if you have a deficiency to start , starting with a higher dosage to get back up to normal levels is good, I would agree with that statement, but I think it would be a waste of supplements to overdose on 10,000 iu a day for say months on end.

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 06:57:24 am »
Well yea if you have a deficiency to start , starting with a higher dosage to get back up to normal levels is good, I would agree with that statement, but I think it would be a waste of supplements to overdose on 10,000 iu a day for say months on end.

I agree! That's what she is saying!

It's also about telling people Vit d3 is good for you  (as long as you are taking a quality brand) and safe!

Offline OrganicObiwan

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 01:46:12 pm »
Loved the video. Coming from Louisiana and Texas to Michigan was a hard move esp in winter where we get hardly any real sunshine during winter months. Most winters i get exhausted and depressed and just seem to lose any drive that i have during spring or summer.I blame that just from lack of sunshine and vitamin d. I now sit for a few minutes each day by a vitamin d light. Haven't had any depression but still sucks being stuck in your house for 5 months outta the year.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »

I got Hypo-thyroidism ... probably from 50 years of fluoride.   >:(

... anyway, I take a pill daily ... and my doc (who I trust on MOST things)

says take 2,000 IU ... levels are good.

2000 IU is what I would take.  That's what I use to tell my patients.

10,000 is way out of line.  Vit D is broken down by your liver and kidneys.  If you take too much, you are over working your organs and therefore wearing them down.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2013, 05:06:23 pm »

2000 IU is what I would take.  That's what I use to tell my patients.

10,000 is way out of line.  Vit D is broken down by your liver and kidneys.  If you take too much, you are over working your organs and therefore wearing them down.

Thanks larsonstdoc ... I have been sticking w/2,000 for now ...
I have another blood test upcoming ... we'll see what happens
w/the Vit.E and the new diabetic diet.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2013, 05:16:43 pm »

You are welcome Jackson Holly.

You might be wise to listen to Ben Fuchs on www.gcnlive.com   There are a lot of archived shows there.  He's been on Alex's show 
                       http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/brightSide/archives.php

He has excellent ideas on diabetes.

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 05:21:16 pm »
Where you live and how often you’re outside can have a lot to do with how much is needed to supplement as well. A little beam of sunshine peeking through a workplace window doesn’t cut it. I would imagine those way up in northern Canada would need to supplement a lot. Even the summer wouldn’t produce the sunlight needed. Whereas living in Austin, TX wouldn’t be a problem at all.

Except during the summer months, the skin makes little if any vitamin D from the sun at latitudes above 37 degrees north (in the United States, the shaded region in the map) or below 37 degrees south of the equator. People who live in these areas are at relatively greater risk for vitamin D deficiency.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/time-for-more-vitamin-d.htm
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Online donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:02 am »
During the winter I take 10,000 IU's.  I had my blood tested last year and I was 39.  I was only taking 2000 IU's a day then.  I have been in Texas where there is a huge epidemic of Influenza B and have been able to escape it's wrath--Thank God.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 01:50:12 am »
I've been taking it this winter, and it worked for me.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Online donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 11:12:01 am »
Want to reduce your Type II diabetes risk? Get some sunshine and up your vitamin D intake

Friday, February 22, 2013 by: PF Louis

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039206_type-2_diabetes_sunshine_vitamin_D.html#ixzz2Le2ND3Mu

It's amazing how many different meta-analysis papers and epidemiological studies keep popping up associating vitamin D3 with lower disease occurrences for heart disease, breast cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and Type II or onset adult diabetes.

An earlier Japanese meta-analysis "...found a correlation between calcium levels, low vitamin D status and insulin resistance (IR). (...) Findings suggest that low vitamin D and low calcium status may be associated with IR." (http://www.vitasearch.com/get-clp-summary/40508)

Denmark really got into vitamin D research also. The Danes recently published one for rheumatoid arthritis (RA), associating low vitamin D levels with RA. Now, another Danish epidemiological study was submitted on vitamin D's health merits.

The focus of this study was to determine an association of low vitamin D3 to Type II diabetes, a theme similar to the Japanese study.

The Danish vitamin D3 Type II diabetes epidemiological study
A vitamin D3 population study is done with the most standard blood level test, the 25(OH)D3 or serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D blood test. The only problem with the Danes in this diabetes/D3 study might be the problem they had with their epidemiological rheumatoid arthritis/D3 study.

It seems that Denmark's normal level is too low. This makes the study results more ominous. Subjects with Danish established normal D3 levels are already low. This translates to a bunch of pre-diabetic individuals slipping through with what they consider normal D3 levels.

In other words, the impact of D3 deficiency should be even higher than their results. It appears, after converting different measuring systems, the Danes consider 20 ng/ml (nanograms per milliliter) normal.

Even mainstream medicine in the U.S. has begun to consider 30 ng/ml more desirable than their previous 20ng/ml standard of normal. Holistic practitioners and researchers think your 25(OH)D3 serum level should be 50 ng/ml to be optimally healthy and disease free.

The Danish study included 9,841 participants from the general Copenhagen population, of whom 810 had developed Type II diabetes during 29 years of follow-up. Despite their shortcoming on what is a normal D3 blood level, the Danes came up with the conclusion that there is "...an association of low plasma 25(OH)D with increased risk of Type II diabetes. This finding was substantiated in a meta-analysis."

But a higher normal may have revealed an even higher risk factor with the probability of noticing more IR (insulin resistant) cases of prediabetic or metabolic syndrome among several who hadn't fully developed Type II diabetes.

Ensuring your vitamin D3 levels are high

Keeping your 25(OH)D3 count at or around 50 ng/ml requires a good deal of bare skin to sunshine exposure. It's the UVB rays that interact with your skin's cholesterol to initiate a conversion process that creates the pre-hormone called vitamin D3 to promote other hormonal activity throughout the body.

If sunshine exposure is limited and you can't sunbathe for 20 minutes daily four times a week, a UVB tanning bed is an option. Both of those procedures allow your body to shut down vitamin D3 conversion when it senses there's enough.

Many experts suggest that you not bathe the exposed skin areas with soap too soon after sun bathing. It's possible that your skin's oils may be washed off before completing the initial conversion phase of UVB ray to vitamin D3.

The last option is supplementing. In lieu of sunshine, 4,000 to 10,000 IU (international units) is a common intake of cholicalciferol vitamin D3 supplements.

Although it's rare, it's possible to overdose using vitamin D3 supplements with high daily dosing over time. Finding a local or online lab to measure your levels is wise if you don't have the wherewithal to deal with a holistic practitioner.

Sources for this article include:

"Low 25-Hydroxyvitamin D and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: A Prospective Cohort Study and Meta-analysis," (The Danish study summary)

http://www.vitasearch.com/get-clp-summary/40570

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23232064

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23318705

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Donovan

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 01:15:06 pm »
How much Vitamin D per day should we be taking?

Natural Vitamin D .... unlimited. 

Synthetic Vitamin D ... be very careful.

Much like pharmaceuticals, you have to be really careful with what you willingly ingest. A lot of the vitamin manufacturers and raw material suppliers, are quietly owned and operated by major pharmaceutical companies.

The buyouts began occurring roughly 6-7 years ago, so you have question what are actually in the vitamins and supplements nowadays.  Simply do a google search on vitamins and new side effects, vitamins making people ill (with things like gastrointestinal problems, headaches, chest pains, joint pains, etc etc) the list goes on and on.

I used to take a multivitamin/multimineral every day for more than 16 years (the same one all those years), then a few years back, I noticed I began feeling different when I took them, versus when I missed one. Instead of feeling better and more energy, it was doing the exact opposite and it got worse with time. So I began looking online for similar stories, and that lead me to find that the original vitamin company was sold to a pharma company, then I knew why it began feeling the way I felt after taking them.