Author Topic: Pertussis Vaccine commercials on BET  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Stoplying2me

Pertussis Vaccine commercials on BET
« on: June 26, 2010, 12:49:26 pm »
Has anyone noticed more vaccine commercials on TV? I noticed the H1N1 commercials coming TV on almost every channel last year. Since people did not really get the H1N1 vaccine (like the government and pharma hoped), I have seen more Gardasil commercials, and now almost every hour I see the Pertussis Vaccine commercial on BET. To me, it seems like the commercial is implying that parents are a danger to their own children...and in order for them to be safe, the infant needs to be vaccinated every 2 months with the DTP shot until they are 18 months and the parents need to be vaccinated as well. Isn't the DTP vaccination protection enough against pertussis in infants? Why do the parents have to get vaccinated against pertussis as well as infants? The mere fact that I see the pertussis commercial on BET tells me that they are targeting the young people and the minority audience. I know that the triple threat DTP vaccine is harmful for infants. It is part of the eugenics and population control that Bill Gates was talking about. But, low income communities are totally unaware of eugenics and are scared that there kids will get sick. And in order to get WIC or welfare in some states babies must be vaccinated in order to receive funding. I hope people wake up and do research about vaccinations and make informed decisions on whether to get vaccinated or not! My child has not followed the vaccine schedule and is totally health---not even a cold! So people, don't allow them to scare you into believing that we as parents are threats to our own children!

o

Offline phasma

• Have a H.A.A.R.P.Y DAY !
Re: Pertussis Vaccine commercials on BET
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 03:25:24 pm »
In the UK the pertussis - whooping couch vaccine is given 3x when the child is very young with a booster at 12 or so.

Of course it is entirely un-necessary

My OH is from Malaysia the vaccinate against chicken pox there !

why bother !
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise - Surangama Sutra

Offline Stoplying2me

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 05:31:08 pm »
@ phasma---Thats eye opening the UK is similar to the US, but the US added a few new shots more. The whole world is unnessarily vaccinating there children. I heard the same pertussis commercial on the radio today. This propaganda is really intense in the US.

BTW, the chicken pox vaccine is in the US vaccine schedule too. My homeopathic/natural doctor says that the chicken pox vaccine is a live virus and some children may get the chicken pox anyway!   

Offline phasma

• Have a H.A.A.R.P.Y DAY !
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:33:48 pm »
Exactly !

I had chicken pox twice when i was a kid . . I also had mumps (my sisten had it twice) . . and measles . . I`m ok apart from not being a sheep . . .
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise - Surangama Sutra

Offline RemixNinja

• If you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail!
    • Remixx World!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:47:47 pm »
Has anyone noticed more vaccine commercials on TV? I noticed the H1N1 commercials coming TV on almost every channel last year. Since people did not really get the H1N1 vaccine (like the government and pharma hoped), I have seen more Gardasil commercials, and now almost every hour I see the Pertussis Vaccine commercial on BET. To me, it seems like the commercial is implying that parents are a danger to their own children...and in order for them to be safe, the infant needs to be vaccinated every 2 months with the DTP shot until they are 18 months and the parents need to be vaccinated as well. Isn't the DTP vaccination protection enough against pertussis in infants? Why do the parents have to get vaccinated against pertussis as well as infants? The mere fact that I see the pertussis commercial on BET tells me that they are targeting the young people and the minority audience. I know that the triple threat DTP vaccine is harmful for infants. It is part of the eugenics and population control that Bill Gates was talking about. But, low income communities are totally unaware of eugenics and are scared that there kids will get sick. And in order to get WIC or welfare in some states babies must be vaccinated in order to receive funding. I hope people wake up and do research about vaccinations and make informed decisions on whether to get vaccinated or not! My child has not followed the vaccine schedule and is totally health---not even a cold! So people, don't allow them to scare you into believing that we as parents are threats to our own children!

And coincidentally, there is an announced epidemic in California of whooping cough.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/Pages/NR10-041.aspx

Date:  6/23/2010

Number: 10-041

SACRAMENTO

Urging Californians to get vaccinated now, Dr. Mark Horton, director of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), warned today that the state is on pace to suffer the most illnesses and deaths due to pertussis, also known as whooping cough, in 50 years.

“Whooping cough is now an epidemic in California,” Horton said. “Children should be vaccinated against the disease and parents, family members and caregivers of infants need a booster shot.”

As of June 15, California had recorded 910 cases of pertussis, a four-fold increase from the same period last year when 219 cases were recorded. Five infants — all under three months of age — have died from the disease this year. In addition, 600 more possible cases of pertussis are being investigated by local health departments.

Pertussis is cyclical. Cases tend to peak every two to five years. In 2005, California recorded 3,182 cases and eight deaths.

Pertussis is a highly contagious disease. Unimmunized or incompletely immunized young infants are particularly vulnerable. Since 1998, more than 80 percent of the infants in California who have died from pertussis have been Hispanic.

The pertussis vaccine is safe for children and adults. Pertussis vaccination begins at two months of age, but young infants are not adequately protected until the initial series of three shots is complete at 6 months of age. The series of shots that most children receive wears off by the time they finish middle school. Neither vaccination nor illness from pertussis provides lifetime immunity.

Pregnant women may be vaccinated against pertussis before pregnancy, during pregnancy or after giving birth. Fathers may be vaccinated at any time, but preferably before the birth of their baby. CDPH encourages birthing hospitals to implement policies to vaccinate new mothers and fathers before sending newborns home. CDPH is providing vaccine free of charge to hospitals.

Others who may have contact with infants, including family members, healthcare workers, and childcare workers, should also be vaccinated. Individuals should contact their regular health care provider or local health department to inquire about pertussis vaccination.

A typical case of pertussis in children and adults starts with a cough and runny nose for one-to-two weeks, followed by weeks to months of rapid coughing fits that sometimes end with a whooping sound. Fever is rare.

Offline Stoplying2me

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 01:24:05 am »
 ??? Ok... You quoted a statistic from 2005. What is the current statistic for this "so called epidemic"? Because I heard this same statistic and I need something more recent. That was 5 years ago. And, are you a doctor, a parent, nurse, or what?

Still haven't received an answer of why I only see the commercial on BET. I would think if it is such an epidemic in places like Cali...I would see it on other networks....What if you don't watch BET would adults know to get the adult vax if they didn't see the commercial on their favorite network...

People should at least be able to ask questions and stay informed and not trust the government blindly! Research for yourself and consult a honest doctor!

Offline Stoplying2me

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:45:55 am »
Also, what happened to building immune systems naturally. We all can heal ourselves naturally with use of herbs, vitamins, eating fresh fruits and veggies and not consuming meats. For infants and babies there are excellent supplements to use to build infants immune systems...probiotic powder, cod liver oil, ect. Now, the vaccine is an addition to prevent the disease. I think that if there is an increase of the disease and these people are receiving the vaccine....could the vax be causing the disease? The numbers quoted in June are they people who did not get vaxed? The article didn't mention that...