Cops experimenting on mentally ill in Houston

Author Topic: Cops experimenting on mentally ill in Houston  (Read 14987 times)

Offline Neysanight

• "Take me to your lizard"
Cops experimenting on mentally ill in Houston
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »
HPD Practices On Prisoners For Drawing Blood From Drunk Driving Suspects

http://www.click2houston.com/news/23938401/detail.html

HOUSTON -- Houston City Hall has nixed a plan to have HPD officers draw blood themselves from drunken drivers, and Local 2 Investigates found they practiced on state prison inmates in a psychiatric ward.
"This type of behavior on psychiatric inmates is very, very unethical," said Houston civil rights attorney Randall Kallinen.

Local 2 Investigates first uncovered last year that HPD officers would begin training to become certified phlebotomists. That would allow them to draw blood from suspected drunken drivers without having to rely on hospitals or nurses.

The first seven officers started training, first using artificial limbs and then sticking needles into each other's arms. From there, they started sticking needles into the arms of convicts at the Jester IV Prison, a psychiatric ward off Highway 99 near Richmond.

One officer involved in the training said the inmates were having blood drawn under a doctor's orders as part of "intake" into the prison system. The officer said, "They were not stuck just for us."

In a statement, University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), which administers the medical program in Texas prisons said:

"UTMB’s Correctional Managed Care program has an agreement with Lone Star College involving its Law Enforcement Phlebotomy Program. The participating Houston police officers at the units were there as part of the Lone Star College course they were taking. Having blood drawn is part of the standard intake process at TDCJ and offenders were given the option of having a police officer or a staff phlebotomist perform the procedure. All of the offenders involved chose to allow the police officers to do the procedure."

At HPD headquarters, Executive Assistant Chief Tim Oettmeier said it was a "validated, certified training program."

When asked about the ethics of HPD officers practicing needle prods on inmates, he said, "We looked at it as students involved with a protocol, as opposed to police officers involved in a protocol."

Kallinen said it raises many questions since the officers were not trained or certified medical professionals.

"Are they going to perform the right procedures? Are they going to cause an infection? Are they going to stab the wrong thing to practice medical procedures on inmates, and especially psychiatric inmates?" Kallinen said.

He said those inmates may not be able to understand or provide a meaningful consent to be used for training exercises.

"What you have there is sort of a group of people who can be very easily coerced into doing things that aren't good for them," said Kallinen. "They want to please their captors."

The program was hatched last year under the prior mayor and police chief.

Mayor Annise Parker has now scrapped the entire program, but not because inmates were used as test subjects.

In a statement, Mayor Parker said:

"Chief (Charles) McClelland and I have agreed to halt this program. While I applaud the out-of-the-box thinking that led to this idea, I believe it went too far. I cannot support taking our officers off the street either to draw blood or for deployment in this matter. Of course, drunk driving is a serious problem that we must work together to eradicate, but there are already mechanisms in place to determine whether a motorist is driving under the influence. Additionally, if we choose, there is the option of contracting with civilian professionals to draw the blood."

Oettmeier said the city lost $4,000 by scrapping the program. Those where the costs of giving hepatitis shots and other vaccinations required for the seven officers to begin phlebotomist training.

One officer said, "I just spent five days at TDC drawing blood for nothing."

That officer said blood was drawn from at least 50 inmates at Jester IV and another lockup in Dayton before the program was halted in mid April.

Copyright 2010 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Text SizeHPD Practices On Prisoners For Drawing Blood From Drunk Driving Suspects
By Stephen Dean
POSTED: Thursday, June 17, 2010
UPDATED: 6:18 pm CDT June 17, 2010

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
Re: Cops experimenting on mentally ill in Houston
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
 :o
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:15:15 PM »
the NWO is just going batshit crazy
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline attietewd

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:24:17 PM »
the NWO is just going batshit crazy
you got that right
“Thus, condemnation will never come to those who are in Christ Jesus…”

Offline xopatriot

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 02:43:24 AM »
Wow ... this country looks more and more NAZI every day. These pigs are insane! I have no respect for police, they are simply not needed. The founders did not see them as necessary and neither do I if they had been seen as necessary they would have written them into the constitution. The founders knew however that with people like these (cops/pigs) the opportunity for abuse existed. These parasites are not there to protect anyone, they are simply there to gather info after the fact. After they gather facts they usually go nowhere as they claim to be too busy and overworked to look into every case. Cops are simply roving tax collectors, nothing more. We have the 2nd amendment for a reason but the scum politicians are eroding our basic right to self defense everyday, they are quietly working and scheming against us and our natural rights so they can enslave us and steal everything we work for.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »
So... why aren't they also experimenting on NWO lackeys?
After all - you can't say that someone who devotes their ENTIRE live and existence over power and money is actually sane.

And yes - there's a name for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy."

The narcissist is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, and prestige. Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness.

It's "bingo" - nail on the head diagnosis for them.

So - like it or not NWO rats - you are as insane as those you would euthanize - actually, maybe more.
So do the world's gene pool a favor and don't forget to exclude those with this illness as well.

Otherwise - you simply aren't being true to your own 'science' of 'Eugenics'.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline Neysanight

• "Take me to your lizard"
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
I respect your POV xopatriot, but my father was a state trooper for 20 yrs.  He was a good man and a good cop. A Patriot.

It is easy to generalize but we should try to remember that alot of our cops feel the same way we do about what is happenning. Incidents like this certainly don't help though.  :-\

This article made me sick

Neysanight

Offline TheProxy

• Invalidcookie.net
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:11:36 AM »
Going crazy Implys they were sane at one point in time.. O_O
I bring a message Those who would try to take our freedom... Pray.
-----------------------------------------
http://invalidcookie.net

Offline joeblack

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 06:22:30 AM »
"While I applaud the out-of-the-box thinking that led to this idea, I believe it went too far"
"there's nothing new under the sun, it's only history repeating itself" spaceman

Offline Georgiacopguy

• 'Cause it's a revolution for your mind...K?!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 07:42:41 AM »
Making cops into Josef Mengele, one arm prick at a time.
The resistance starts here. Unfortunately, the entire thing is moving beyond the intellectual infowar. I vow I will not make an overt rush at violent authority, until authority makes it's violent rush at me and you. I will not falter, I will not die in this course. For that is how they win.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 04:13:31 PM »
I respect your POV xopatriot, but my father was a state trooper for 20 yrs.  He was a good man and a good cop. A Patriot.

It is easy to generalize but we should try to remember that alot of our cops feel the same way we do about what is happenning. Incidents like this certainly don't help though.  :-\

This article made me sick

Neysanight

Indeed, a local officer I talked to - is well... Let's say - as cynical as any of us ;)

Good to have someone in your corner - and there's many more in not just local police offices, but the military as well. But don't expect them to be waving a banner saying so.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline RabidSheep

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 04:36:34 PM »
The blood sample laws in Texas are the exact reason I quit drinking and smoking pot. I want no part of the NWO's plans here in Houston. Recently there was a man who begged to have sobriety test due to a fear of needles. They held him down and took it anyway.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/1459858/video_of_blood_draw_draws_questions?wpid=5435

Offline EmeraldCityWanderer

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »
That is great news *sarcasm* We have gone back 100 years to the old sanitariums.

Offline LeftHandPath

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 10:48:28 PM »
it's rather creepy that they didn't need a legal guardians consent to practice on the prisoners.

Offline RabidSheep

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »
Welcome to Texas. We'll  get your blood even if it kills you.

Pasadena man dies in custody after DWI blood draw

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pasadena/news/pasadena-man-dies-in-custody-after-dwi-blood-draw/article_4136101b-b7af-5008-b6a0-a60f1dd9dad8.html

A man has died after being arrested by Pasadena police for drunk driving, Pasadena Police Department spokesman Vance Mitchell confirmed.

Mitchell said Jose Sauceda, 41, died Saturday night (March 24) at Bayshore Medical Center after a mandatory blood draw was performed on him.

Sauceda was taken to the hospital after resisting field sobriety tests at the police station, Mitchell said.

“He didn’t really fight with (the officers), but he got to a point where he just didn’t want to do the field sobriety testing.”

Officers forced Sauceda on the ground and handcuffed him before taking him to the hospital, Mitchell said.

There, he was put on a stretcher and taken inside for the blood draw.

Family seeks answers after man died in Pasadena police custody

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Family-seeks-answers-after-man-died-in-Pasadena-3439649.php

The family and friends of a Pasadena man who died last weekend soon after he was arrested on drunken driving charges said they want someone to tell them how his death could have happened.

Jose Sauceda, 41, died early Sunday morning at Pasadena's Bayshore Medical Center where he had been taken for a mandatory blood draw.

Norma Sanchez, his wife, said she learned Sauceda had been arrested about 1 a.m. Sunday from people who were with him.

"I called the Pasadena Police Department. They said they didn't have him in the system," Sanchez said.

She called several more times that morning and received the same answer: he wasn't in the system.

Two Pasadena police detectives knocked on her door about 8 a.m. Sunday. They asked if Sauceda had any marks on his body. She said no. The detectives then told her Sauceda had "lacerations" on his wrists and ankles and a scratch-like injury on his back. Stunned, Sanchez asked what happened and was told that Sauceda had been taken to Bayshore Medical Center.

Offline Owais

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 12:51:54 AM »
You done a great job go ahead.

Offline Stevie440

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 07:47:09 AM »
Really nice post, but damn these people are crazy. Perhaps also an appropriate post for dehumanization.
"The flame of will power burns in all of us"

Offline lovelesssephiroth

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 12:34:07 PM »
They can steal organs too.
God save the Queen, In God We Trust