Satanism/Black Magic/Celebrities

Author Topic: Satanism/Black Magic/Celebrities  (Read 35430 times)

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
Re: Satanism/Black Magic/Celebrities
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 06:13:49 am »
EyesOpen, by any chance, have you ever heard of the New Apostle Reformation?

It was founded by Bill Bright and another guy in 1975, but it wasn't until the late 80's when C. Peter Wagner got it off the ground. It consists of a LARGE network of "evangelicals", radical ones at that, that believe that God lost dominion over the earth after the fall of man in Genesis 3, and power is given to "modern day apostles" to clean up the earth, build the church, and make peace throughout the world so that Jesus can make his return.

I started learning about it recently, and there are names in this group that I was shocked to hear about - Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, CHARLES STANLEY(ie-I got saved when I started watching his sermons, rarely were they "seeker sensitive"), Franklin Graham(ie-I never thought Billy's kids were bad at all), Anne Graham Lotz, just to name a few.

Ultimately, the NAR is really NEW AGE - they've adopted alot of the teachings in New Age/Theosophy, but they just don't want to admit it(as they've been infiltrating churches, and even have played both sides of the fence by putting out "liberal" Jim "social justice" Wallis).

Offline EyesOpen

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 06:14:15 am »
Under the figure of "King of Tyrus," Ezekiel declares that this great created being "had the seal of perfection, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." Ezekiel 28:12–19 describes Satan’s original state as the anointed cherub who was not only a created being, but created perfect (vss. 12-13). He enjoyed the highest position and honor in the presence of God (28:14, 16). Further, Isaiah spoke of him as Lucifer, “star of the morning , son of the dawn” - Isaiah 14:12-15. He was on the holy mountain of God and every precious stone was his covering. He was set there as "the anointed covering cherub" by God and walked up and down in the midst of stones of fire. He was perhaps the appointed guardian of the holiness of God, probably over this original planet earth. The inspired record says, "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee" - Ezekiel. 28:12-15.

Scriptures relating to Lucifer/Satan's fall:

But what exactly was the character or nature of Satan’s iniquity? As suggested by 1 Timothy 3:6-7 and Ezekiel 28:17, though created perfect by God (Ezek. 28:13-15), it was conceit or pride that welled up in his heart because of his beauty and high position that led to arrogant aspirations and to his sin and fall. In Isaiah 14:12-15 and in Ezekiel 28:12-19, we have a remarkable account of the original place which Satan once had as "Lucifer, son of the morning." His fall from this original, exalted place, of perhaps the greatest of created angelic beings, is given in these Scriptures. These arrogant aspirations are described for us in Isaiah 14:12-17 : pride, selfwill, iniquity, rebellion, and violence are the reasons. Because of his pride and aspirations to be like God, he became God’s chief adversary (Heb. Satan). After this, he is never again called by any of these prestigious titles. Instead, he is called by terms that reflect his fallen character and hostility to God and men, like liar, murderer, Satan (adversary), the evil one, Abaddon (destruction), Apollyon (destroyer), Belial (worthless), serpent, and dragon.

Scotus, however points out that this sin was not pride properly so called, but should rather be described as a species of spiritual lust.

Although nothing definite can be known as to the precise nature of the probation of the angels and the manner in which many of them fell, many theologians have conjectured, with some show of probability, that the mystery of the Divine Incarnation was revealed to them, that they saw that a nature lower than their own was to be hypostatically united to the Person of God the Son, and that all the hierarchy of heaven must bow in adoration before the majesty of the Incarnate Word; and this, it is supposed, was the occasion of the pride of Lucifer.

Offline EyesOpen

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 06:14:58 am »
EyesOpen, by any chance, have you ever heard of the New Apostle Reformation?

It was founded by Bill Bright and another guy in 1975, but it wasn't until the late 80's when C. Peter Wagner got it off the ground. It consists of a LARGE network of "evangelicals", radical ones at that, that believe that God lost dominion over the earth after the fall of man in Genesis 3, and power is given to "modern day apostles" to clean up the earth, build the church, and make peace throughout the world so that Jesus can make his return.

I started learning about it recently, and there are names in this group that I was shocked to hear about - Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, CHARLES STANLEY(ie-I got saved when I started watching his sermons, rarely were they "seeker sensitive"), Franklin Graham(ie-I never thought Billy's kids were bad at all), Anne Graham Lotz, just to name a few.

Ultimately, the NAR is really NEW AGE - they've adopted alot of the teachings in New Age/Theosophy, but they just don't want to admit it(as they've been infiltrating churches, and even have played both sides of the fence by putting out "liberal" Jim "social justice" Wallis).

Can't say that I've heard of that one my friend.

Offline EyesOpen

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 06:17:09 am »
Furthermore, we learn from Ezekiel 28 that Lucifer engaged in a multitude of traffic, which means "going about." He is said to have filled heaven with violence and rebellion.

"Thou has defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic"

Thus Lucifer instigated violence and rebellion among the heavenly hosts before man was created, and those who followed him became his angels or demons. Seeking to overthrow God and rule heaven, Lucifer assembled an army of apostate angels and initiated a war in heaven.

In the book of Revelation we read about a war in heaven between Michael and the angels who remained loyal to God and the dragon, "called the Devil, and Satan," and his angels. Then Satan and his angels were defeated by Michael, and were thrown down from heaven to hell.

“And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. And the dragon and his angels waged war, and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.” Revelation 12:7-9

Offline America2

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 06:18:34 am »
Can't say that I've heard of that one my friend.

This pretty much explains why there's been so much church infiltration over the last 20 years - Constance Cumsby(sp) warned about it in the 80's, and the same conservatives who heeded her warnings then, are straying away from her now(I guess they too have fallen for NA teachings).

The whole thing with the NAR is MINDBLOWING, to say the least.

Offline America2

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 06:19:02 am »
BTW - welcome to the board, EyesOpen! :)

Offline EyesOpen

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 06:20:19 am »
Thanks for the welcome and by the way I do agree with you on much church infiltration these days America 2.

The Five “I Wills” of Rebellion

Isaiah points us to five “I wills” coming from the proud and boastful heart of Satan that describe the nature of his aspiration (Isa. 14:13-14). In each of these “I wills” Satan pitted his will against the will of God. He substituted his will for God’s will and, significantly, these five statements expressed by Satan manifest the very essence of sin: it is the will of the creature set against the will and appointment of the Creator.

Satan's "I Wills":

I will ascend to heaven.

I will raise my throne above the stars of God.

I will sit on the mount of the assembly in the recesses of the north.

This describes Satan’s ambition to control all the affairs of the universe as the assembly of Babylonian gods supposedly did. Often in Scripture, mountain and hills refer to authority or the right to rule.

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds.

According to Exodus 16:10 and Revelation 19:1, clouds are often associated with God’s glory and presence. This “I will” expressed Satan’s desire to usurp the glory that belonged to God.

I will make myself like the Most High.

Lucifer was not satisfied with the exalted place he had in the creation of God. Ezekiel says, "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness" (Ezek. 28:17). So he purposed to exalt himself and his throne and aimed to be like God Himself. Note the contradiction in Satan’s own thinking here. To become like God was first of all to admit that he was not God. He was only a created being, one created by the Creator.

Isaiah 2:2 reads:

“Now it will come about that in the last days, the mountain of the house of the Lord will be established as the chief of the mountains, and will be raised above the hills; and all the nations will stream to it.”

This anticipates Messiah’s rule or kingdom, called here “the mountain of the house of the Lord,” and all the other kingdoms, mountains and hills, will be under His kingdom. So this “I will” of Satan expressed his determination to rule over the affairs of the entire created universe.

Pentecost writes:

“When Lucifer said, “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,” he was saying, “I will take to myself a greater glory than belongs to God Himself.” You will remember that Ezekiel described the beauty and the glory that belonged to Lucifer in terms of the sun shining on polished gems. But the glory that belonged to Lucifer was not inherently his; it was a reflected glory. God, who is the author of glory, God, who is the all glorious One, revealed his glory through the work that came from His hand.… How insane the thinking of this one that he could add glory to the infinite glory of God. It suggests that there was a deficiency in the glory of God and that Lucifer could complete that which was lacking.…”

Here his counterfeit is crystal clear. Satan wanted to be like, not unlike, God. The name Elyon for God stresses God’s strength and sovereignty (Gen. 14:18). Satan wanted to be as powerful as God. He wanted to exercise the authority and control in this world that rightfully belongs only to God. His sin was a direct challenge to the power and authority of God.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 05:00:35 am »

Jimmy Roland Talks Devil Worship In Music Industry [1:20]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySg1uLPf2o

R&B/dance singer Jimmy Roland stops by Jeff's SUV/house. Jimmy mentions how certain entertainers get into devil worship.

FULL VIDEO [quote at 32:00]
Singer Jimmy Roland & Jeff 4 Justice Conversations For Connecting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqbeHSEAH5A

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline tinfoiltruth

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 09:51:08 am »
bumping for research, lots of stuff in this thread I want to go through

Offline empire

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 07:46:41 am »
I'm amazed how many of them call themselves "Christians" - Britney did for awhile, until she slowly got exposed. Denzel Washington says he is, but in his last movie "The Book of Eli", that corrupted New King James Bible version was advertised. I always thought Andy Griffith was(was a fan of the "Matlock" tv show), but in one of his recent movies(I believe it was called 'Waitress' with Kerri Russell), there were references to 'Aquarius'(i.e. the New Age is anticipating the coming of the Age of Aquarius with a one world false messiah teacher).

I actually enjoyed The Book of Eli. At least it showed a degree of respect for the Christian faith, unlike a large majority of films these days that feature religion in one way or another. What was your major objection to it?

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 10:58:25 am »
I actually enjoyed The Book of Eli. At least it showed a degree of respect for the Christian faith, unlike a large majority of films these days that feature religion in one way or another. What was your major objection to it?

I think you missed the point of that movie...the final scene has the book being translated and then packed away with a lot of other things "from the past".  It's like the final scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline empire

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 12:46:19 pm »
I think you missed the point of that movie...the final scene has the book being translated and then packed away with a lot of other things "from the past".  It's like the final scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Well that's a fair point. Though my angle was slightly different, in that the movie treated the subject with a little more respect than usual, and the central character was by and large a fair reflection of what one might expect.

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »
Well that's a fair point. Though my angle was slightly different, in that the movie treated the subject with a little more respect than usual, and the central character was by and large a fair reflection of what one might expect.

Really?  Is the main character a good example of a follower of Christ?  How many men did Christ kill?  Who did the main character heal?  He had dedicated himself to memorizing words that were lost on him.  Rarely did he share them, except when it served his purpose..."wandering blindly".  He is cruel in his punishment and merciless in using his his power.

And, in the end, he dies..the last Christian.  You notice they only print one of the books and it is put away.  The end of the "religious" chapter that nearly lead to the destruction of man and earth.

But, I can see your point...if I squint hard enough.  Sorry to be nit-picky but the movie is a complete condemnation of religion.  And, it is probably designed by some atheist to have a surface appeal to Christians in particular.
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 06:53:41 am »

no, the point was to show a FALSE Bible as the Word of God. Through out the whole movie he was supposed to be carrying Gods Word, and at the end of the movie he has a New King James Bible, which is not a King James Bible at all. Over 10% of the text has been changed on purpose. For the Christian that was a very clear message. I can also see your point also, but the people on Alcatraz were more for preserving the knowledge for the future, or the guardians of secrets...  ;)
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline empire

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 07:05:36 am »
no, the point was to show a FALSE Bible as the Word of God. Through out the whole movie he was supposed to be carrying Gods Word, and at the end of the movie he has a New King James Bible, which is not a King James Bible at all. Over 10% of the text has been changed on purpose. For the Christian that was a very clear message. I can also see your point also, but the people on Alcatraz were more for preserving the knowledge for the future, or the guardians of secrets...  ;)

Hmm, interesting take..

So what is the difference between a New King James Bible and a King James Bible?

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 07:19:58 am »
Hmm, interesting take..

So what is the difference between a New King James Bible and a King James Bible?

a lot, but this isnt the thread for that discussion. you can look through here.
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=167251.0

or i can send you more information.
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)