How can Rand Paul possibly win......?

Author Topic: How can Rand Paul possibly win......?  (Read 10642 times)

Offline TheCaliKid

• What can we do about it, really?
How can Rand Paul possibly win......?
« on: May 11, 2010, 02:25:15 PM »
..........when his opponent is the Secretary of State who "certifies" the election?!?!?!?!? 

I smell massive vote fraud coming this November. The powers that be are really piling on the big names and big money to keep him out. It's amazing when you think about it - they are so scared and paranoid that they can't deal with the idea of having just ONE Senator who would oppose them in the Senate. Just ONE freakin' Senator! Can we say "full spectrum dominance"?

What say you, can he win in November?
Better to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
Re: How can Rand Paul possibly win......?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »
How can anyone possibly think that having the same person who certifies an election running in the same election is a good thing?
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Overcast

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »
..........when his opponent is the Secretary of State who "certifies" the election?!?!?!?!? 

I smell massive vote fraud coming this November. The powers that be are really piling on the big names and big money to keep him out. It's amazing when you think about it - they are so scared and paranoid that they can't deal with the idea of having just ONE Senator who would oppose them in the Senate. Just ONE freakin' Senator! Can we say "full spectrum dominance"?

What say you, can he win in November?

Curious - you guys read this and tell me what it appears to say: http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/117-00/015.PDF

(2) The board shall consist of the Secretary of State and six (6) members to be appointed by the Governor as provided in this subsection. The Secretary of State shall serve as the chairman of the state board and the chief election official for the Commonwealth. The members shall serve for a term of four (4) years or until their successors are appointed. Members shall be at least twenty-five (25) years of age and qualified voters of this state. No appointed member shall be a candidate for public office, have been a candidate for public office for two (2) years prior to his appointment, or have been convicted of any election law offense.

Am I missing something or is his running illegal?

I got that link right off his page too: http://www.sos.ky.gov/secdesk/duties.htm
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
Curious - you guys read this and tell me what it appears to say: http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/117-00/015.PDF

(2) The board shall consist of the Secretary of State and six (6) members to be appointed by the Governor as provided in this subsection. The Secretary of State shall serve as the chairman of the state board and the chief election official for the Commonwealth. The members shall serve for a term of four (4) years or until their successors are appointed. Members shall be at least twenty-five (25) years of age and qualified voters of this state. No appointed member shall be a candidate for public office, have been a candidate for public office for two (2) years prior to his appointment, or have been convicted of any election law offense.

Am I missing something or is his running illegal?

I got that link right off his page too: http://www.sos.ky.gov/secdesk/duties.htm

Sure sounds illegal to me, but when has that ever stopped the scumbags from doing what they want to do?
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Overcast

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 03:41:20 PM »
Sure sounds illegal to me, but when has that ever stopped the scumbags from doing what they want to do?

Perhaps when I email his opponent that info? :)
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

H0llyw00d

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
Perhaps when I email his opponent that info? :)

it'll just end up in the "recycle bin"

Offline Overcast

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »
it'll just end up in the "recycle bin"

Maybe - maybe not.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/
Perhaps if enough of us send that message to his campaign office, they'll notice.

It's KRC (Kentucky Revised Code) 117.015: http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/117-00/015.PDF
"No appointed member shall be a candidate for public office" - that seems pretty dang clear to me.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 04:01:39 PM »
Never mind - he's elected.

"The Secretary of State, an elected constitutional officer, serves as the Chief Election Official of the Commonwealth.  The Secretary of State is the filing official for all candidates seeking an office to be voted for by the electors of more than one (1) county, members of Congress, members of the General Assembly and for all candidates seeking an office of the Court of Justice."

But that's a horrible conflict of interest, indeed.

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
HE HAS ALREADY BEEN INVOLVED IN SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Grayson's first term was marked by a controversy involving Grayson's purging of approximately 8,000 Kentucky voters from the registry of voters. Grayson and his office were defendants in a lawsuit filed by the Kentucky attorney general's office which was resolved when a state judge ruled that Grayson's actions were illegal and ordered Grayson to restore the voters to the registry. Grayson later admitted to National Public Radio that he had made a mistake in purging the voters."

Inhabitants of Kentucky - flush this turd already!!!!!!

The primary is in just 7 days! This is it folks, I'm telling you, the Establishment has thrown BIG names and BIG money at this piece of sh*t. I don't care how far ahead Rand is in the polls, anything can happen. Keep your fingers crossed!

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »
if rand paul does not win, then 5 million more people will wake up.

heads they lose, tails we win
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Overcast

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »
if rand paul does not win, then 5 million more people will wake up.

heads they lose, tails we win

I live in KY - for every Grayson sign, I see 10 Rand Paul signs.
Not even being partisan, just honest. At least in my area.

Even the people half asleep can't help but to notice the corruption of career politicians.

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »
I live in KY - for every Grayson sign, I see 10 Rand Paul signs.
Not even being partisan, just honest. At least in my area.

Even the people half asleep can't help but to notice the corruption of career politicians.

This is encouraging news. Let's hope for the best.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
Defeat is not to participate.

Offline blackbeagle

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Grayson is a scumbag and you didn't need for me to tell you that. I live in MN and have donated money to RP, just like I did with his father. I hope that Rand is smart just like his father and will totally have his eyes wide open for a cheating crook like Grayson and what he can potentially do with the votes.

The dude sounds like crook. He looks like a crook. If I even stand next to the guy, I'm sure I know what he will smell like.

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »
Rand is leading in the polls so any tampering with ballots giving Grayson a win would undoubtedly cause a huge outcry amoung Paul's supporters. I think it might just be too dangerous and obvious to attempt to steal this one.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »
How can anyone possibly think that having the same person who certifies an election running in the same election is a good thing?

Perhaps the same way they can believe that a steel-structured building which was never even hit by a plane can collapse symmetrically into the path of most resistance at virtual free-fall speed without the aid of preplanted explosives: because God the banker-owned political establishment tells them it can.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 06:25:02 PM »

RAND PAUL will win because by October, most everybody in Kentucky will know that his dad (Ron Paul) is right and the worst thing that Kentucky can have is a do nothing politician as their senator.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »
They need a Statesmen - not a politician.

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
Maybe - maybe not.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/
Perhaps if enough of us send that message to his campaign office, they'll notice.

It's KRC (Kentucky Revised Code) 117.015: http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/117-00/015.PDF
"No appointed member shall be a candidate for public office" - that seems pretty dang clear to me.

Having a chief election officer that apparently cannot read appears to be the least of the problems facing Kentuckians...

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »

(2) The board shall consist of the Secretary of State and six (6) members to be appointed by the Governor as provided in this subsection. The Secretary of State shall serve as the chairman of the state board and the chief election official for the Commonwealth. The members shall serve for a term of four (4) years or until their successors are appointed. Members shall be at least twenty-five (25) years of age and qualified voters of this state. No appointed member shall be a candidate for public office[/b], have been a candidate for public office for two (2) years prior to his appointment, or have been convicted of any election law offense.

The Secretary of State KY is an ELECTED office. Part of his job is to Chair the Elections Commission. If you read the first line closely (which I had to look at several times to figure this out) the 6 members are the appointed ones by the Gov. So that only applies to those 6 appointed members.

That's how I read it, after reading it at least 6 times. It is confusing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_of_State_of_Kentucky

However, if he is himself a candidate for an office he should recuse himself, IMO, from running the election! That to me should be common sense and the ethical thing for Trey buddy to do. If he can't even be honest in this area, how could you trust him to be your Senator? 
 ::)
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Freeski

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 11:47:05 PM »

and... apply the spirit of the law - not the letter.  ;)
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

H0llyw00d

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 11:54:22 PM »

Totally concur!!!

Offline Freeski

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 12:05:43 AM »
Maybe we should all run for office at the same time, as locally as possible. I sure as hell don't want to do it, but maybe if we ALL gave it up - just this once - we could infiltrate every city council on the planet with freedom lovers. We could even boo the NWO-loving nutjobs in meetings and stuff.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 10:51:32 AM »

The Secretary of State KY is an ELECTED office. Part of his job is to Chair the Elections Commission. If you read the first line closely (which I had to look at several times to figure this out) the 6 members are the appointed ones by the Gov. So that only applies to those 6 appointed members.

That's how I read it, after reading it at least 6 times. It is confusing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_of_State_of_Kentucky

However, if he is himself a candidate for an office he should recuse himself, IMO, from running the election! That to me should be common sense and the ethical thing for Trey buddy to do. If he can't even be honest in this area, how could you trust him to be your Senator? 
 ::)

Yeah, I corrected that above - or well intended to.. lol

But yes, he should recuse himself if he wishes to display 'ethics'.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 10:53:19 AM »
The purpose of voting is not to try and guess the winner.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 03:02:58 PM »
Check it out.

Poll: Paul tops Grayson; Dems duel

"The Republican race is virtually unchanged from earlier Bluegrass Polls, which also had Paul with a 15-point lead. The latest poll found Paul, who has never previously run for public office, leading Secretary of State Trey Grayson by 16 percentage points."

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 07:00:15 PM »
Check it out.

Poll: Paul tops Grayson; Dems duel

"The Republican race is virtually unchanged from earlier Bluegrass Polls, which also had Paul with a 15-point lead. The latest poll found Paul, who has never previously run for public office, leading Secretary of State Trey Grayson by 16 percentage points."

With the primary a mere 5 days away, I think it's way too obvious for them to try to pull any stunts. Looks like Rand is going to win Round 1..........now the Pentagon-run media can use the next 6 months as a demonization campaign. They really don't want even 1 out of 100 to be a decent person in their exclusive "Crook Club" that we know as the U.S. Senate.

Who's the Democommunist challenger going to be?

Offline Overcast

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »
With the primary a mere 5 days away, I think it's way too obvious for them to try to pull any stunts. Looks like Rand is going to win Round 1..........now the Pentagon-run media can use the next 6 months as a demonization campaign. They really don't want even 1 out of 100 to be a decent person in their exclusive "Crook Club" that we know as the U.S. Senate.

Who's the Democommunist challenger going to be?

The poll found that Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo leads Attorney General Jack Conway by just 1 percentage point, foreshadowing an intense campaign in the last week before Tuesday’s election.

Dunno.

But yeah, they hate "scrubs" in their exclusive club, lol

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »
The poll found that Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo leads Attorney General Jack Conway by just 1 percentage point, foreshadowing an intense campaign in the last week before Tuesday’s election.

Dunno.

But yeah, they hate "scrubs" in their exclusive club, lol

It's amazing to think that 3 out of the 4 candidates running in the primary are sitting incumbent government leeches. I love my Plutocracy, don't you? 

Offline Overcast

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 12:06:50 PM »
It's amazing to think that 3 out of the 4 candidates running in the primary are sitting incumbent government leeches. I love my Plutocracy, don't you? 

Yeah, like I love maggots.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »
Yeah, like I love maggots.

Hey, now, let's not go insulting maggots!
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Overcast

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
Hey, now, let's not go insulting maggots!

hehe, good point - they do have a legitimate use.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
hehe, good point - they do have a legitimate use.

Yes they do!

Intro/trailer for a b-film made by fellow forum member Pupil. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjvRoMwaPkM
http://www.departure-productions.com/maggotman/