Re: Bavarian Illuminati Book translated into english.. Read communism in its infancy
« Reply #10 on: Today at 07:59:24 PM » Quote
For any whou would like to see this is what the restored ceiling mural was in Illuminati Hall in Ingolstadt...http://www.scribd.com/doc/27953518/Restored-Ceiling-of-the-Illuminati-Hall-in-Ingolstadt-From-Terry-Melanson-via-Frank-Albo
The following is the most complete translated history of Illuminati Hall that I am aware of.
I. History of the Illuminati Order by Leopold Engel 1906 p.118-120
Illuminati Hall arose, which was restored in 1903 and 1904 to its present condition. The room is quite unique because of its artistic baroque ceiling of historical art significance and because of the historical scenes that occurred in this room.
In the old Bavarian monthly magazine, published by the historical society of Upper Bavaria, in the 2nd and 3rd Issue, in 1900, Professor Joseph Hartmann gives the following description of the location* of Illuminati Hall.
The domestic room in which the Illuminati in Ingolstadt were accustomed to hold their meetings, still exists today and is commonly called the Illuminati Hall. He finds himself in a small back building of the house no. 23 on Theresienstrasse, which was used as number 298 on the Wine Market in the possession of University Professors. Thus, it was owned, in 1719 by Professor Dr. Johann Adam Morasch, and in 1762, by Professor Georg Christoph Emanuel Härtel. Around 1777, during the period of Weishaupt, it was already owned by a citizen Franz Riedmaier, the so-called Augsburg messenger.
One could reach Illuminati Hall from two sides, from the wine market, as well as street from the school lane, so that one could leave opposite from where they entered. Without a doubt we are dealing with a former private lecture room, which expedients looked like any university professor to many colleagues, because in the actual university building not enough space was available.
This room was suitable for holding meetings of lodges and records admirably, the window directed towards the court, could be reached by the same two roads, in short, the meetings could be held unobserved.
The decoration was mainly executed in the richly appointed stucco ceiling, the four large and four smaller medallions in stucco have paintings and a 3-meter by almost 2 meters wide center painting (p. 120/21). In the blunt fashion of that age a medallion showing the punishment of curiosity,
• In the article: Professor Adam Weishaupt of Ingolstadt and his Illuminism.
the goose is a symbol of stupidity. This compares the priest before higher Illuminati in the upper medallion; the three dogs represent loyalty, obedience, vigilance. Above him, floats an eagle, representing divine inspiration. The two major side medallions describe spring as a time of sowing and autumn a time of harvesting. The smaller medallions are symbols of security, justice, love and peace.
Also includes on the ceiling are a whole number of minor characters, all of which have a special meaning.
Noteworthy is the artistic arrangement of the decorations. Each part is different and yet the whole thing looks extremely harmonious. Compare the illustrations.
The hall was certainly adorned with a large wall-painting; it closed a gap on the wall side, which probably served to support the frame. Who produced this work of art on stucco in the same place, is unknown, at least it may not have been a layman. The center painting was evident only in weak, but sufficient tones, before the restoration, to allow the painter Oskar Rothe in Dresden to reproduce it again. The aforementioned artist is owed decoration for the especially successful, total production of the ceiling, as well as the whole room. It is, therefore, expressed on this point special thanks to him.
When the Order was abolished in 1785, and the lodges had to be closed, this space was soon forgotten. It decayed, and served the most profane purposes for storage, printing, and finally as a shoemaker's workshop. The patina and the dirt of 118 years had to be removed, so that the clean lines of the stucco work could be visible, and now be enjoyed by the eye. The hall is shown to foreign visitors of Ingolstadt, by a plaque indicating, where one has to go.
After this deviation, we now return to the activity of Knigge. This becomes clearest when extracts from letters Weishaupt and Knigge, are placed in chronological order. It is then also visible.
The High School
The prominent building in the urban high school is essentially characterized by three construction projects: the building from 1434 was rebuilt as Pfündnerhaus, alteration to the first Bavarian university from 1472, and the historical reconstruction in the 1930s by the Ingolstadt-based city planner Franz Schwäbl.
First, the Pfründnerhaus consisted of a three-aisled hall on the ground floor with 14 chambers, a kitchen, pantry, offices and a chapel. On the first floor there was a granary. The outer walls, the arches on the ground floor and the plywood roof construction to go back to that time.
The two-story chapel is preserved by the reconstruction of the university building. In addition, the lecture halls, "Plato", "Aristotle", "Boethius", "Avicenna", "Seneca" and "Albertus Magnus” are established. In 1481 the theater "Boethius” is shared and created a space for physicians. This is probably around the groined vault space of today's restaurant. Excavated in 1924, the late Gothic paintings confirm this hypothesis: they show a scene from Asclepius legend, which refers to specialized medicine.
Over time, various construction projects were undertaken. In 1694 3000 guilders were spent for repairs to the dilapidated, at least 250 year old building (a new building was refused on grounds of cost). In 1750, the roof was radically reconstructed piece by piece, which represents at the time a grand-scale performance.
After further alterations that affected the staircases and the library, the university was finally moved in 1800 to Landshut. The building is in municipal possession and is used as a school and fire station.
In 1933, the high school received its essential present appearance. Much of the renovations of 1800 were historical undone, the doors and the grand staircase with a handrail to go back to 1933. Moreover, the two frescoes created at the front and in the stairwell, show a lecture scene and the "arrival of Peter Canisius, and two brothers in the University of Ingolstadt”. In 1942 the late-Baroque plaster ceiling from the Illuminati Hall (formerly Theresienstraße 23) was installed on the first floor.