Author Topic: any way to neutralize fluoride in bath water?  (Read 13498 times)

Offline DeepDeepLethe

any way to neutralize fluoride in bath water?
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:00:20 pm »
Hey everybody,

Does anyone know how to reduce or neutralize fluoride in water? We cannot afford a home fluoride filtration system, and I am very concerned about my child bathing in our nasty fluoridated water. I ordered a bath filter, but cannot find any that filter fluoride. I read somewhere a pinch of borax works...is this true?

Any stories or suggestions are very appreciated!!

Offline truth_addict

• peace keeper
Re: any way to neutralize fluoride in bath water?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:06:03 pm »
if you have a combination shower/bathtub, they make shower-head filters that would be a lot cheaper then a home filter.  look into it!
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:16:58 pm »

This page has some info on fluoride in shower/bath water...

http://www.friendsofwater.com/Shower_Filters.html

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Offline DeepDeepLethe

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:51 pm »
if you have a combination shower/bathtub, they make shower-head filters that would be a lot cheaper then a home filter.  look into it!

hey, the problem was I couldn't find any that removed fluoride, just everything else. Do you know of any brand that sells one that removes fluoride instead of filtering everything else instead? Thanks for the reply

Offline DeepDeepLethe

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 02:28:58 pm »
This page has some info on fluoride in shower/bath water...

http://www.friendsofwater.com/Shower_Filters.html

HI, thanks for the link...I'd already checked out that site, and I'm afraid paying for an expensive filter that only removes "up to 40%" of fluoride sounds bogus to me, combined with the fact that they say this: "However, most information that we have been able to find is clear in the opinion that fluoride causes health problems through ingestion, not through showering or bathing."

I'm just not buying that line of thinking. Anything you put on your skin is absorbed; bathing in it you are being utterly saturated with the poison. I don't believe that this is not going to lead to major absorbtion into the body...

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 02:39:37 pm »
HI, thanks for the link...I'd already checked out that site, and I'm afraid paying for an expensive filter that only removes "up to 40%" of fluoride sounds bogus to me, combined with the fact that they say this: "However, most information that we have been able to find is clear in the opinion that fluoride causes health problems through ingestion, not through showering or bathing."

I'm just not buying that line of thinking. Anything you put on your skin is absorbed; bathing in it you are being utterly saturated with the poison. I don't believe that this is not going to lead to major absorbtion into the body...

Yeah, it wasn't an endorsement.  I just thought the info was a good summary.  I agree that anything in the water has the potential for entering your system in some way when showering.

Fluoride is an extremely tiny particle.  This is why most filters can't remove it.

The difficulty with filtering fluoride in a pressurized water system is that the water is not in contact with the media long enough.  I know my KDF filter doesn't remove fluoride from my shower, but the filters in the lower chamber of my Berkey do... because the filtering is gravity-fed and the water spends a lot of time in contact with the media.

I would imagine that someone some day will figure it out, but so far there are no truly effective fluoride filters for forced water sources.

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Offline Lannister

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 02:40:55 pm »
Regular intake of Iodine will keep your Thyroid Gland topped up and prevent it from absorbing Flouride.  This is the best solution barring filtering your entire bath water.  You could always sponge bath from your Flouride filtered water as an alternative.  Also use cold water in the shower as your skin will not absorb as much Flouride in the cold.

Hope this helps.

Offline DeepDeepLethe

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 03:10:56 pm »
Yeah, it wasn't an endorsement.  I just thought the info was a good summary.  I agree that anything in the water has the potential for entering your system in some way when showering.

Fluoride is an extremely tiny particle.  This is why most filters can't remove it.

The difficulty with filtering fluoride in a pressurized water system is that the water is not in contact with the media long enough.  I know my KDF filter doesn't remove fluoride from my shower, but the filters in the lower chamber of my Berkey do... because the filtering is gravity-fed and the water spends a lot of time in contact with the media.

I would imagine that someone some day will figure it out, but so far there are no truly effective fluoride filters for forced water sources.

Hi, thanks for the reply and I do appreciate it. The best remedy would be if they would stop putting it in our water!

Offline DeepDeepLethe

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 03:15:55 pm »
Regular intake of Iodine will keep your Thyroid Gland topped up and prevent it from absorbing Flouride.  This is the best solution barring filtering your entire bath water.  You could always sponge bath from your Flouride filtered water as an alternative.  Also use cold water in the shower as your skin will not absorb as much Flouride in the cold.

Hope this helps.

thank you! But can I give iodine to my little one? I was reading here from a nutrition expert that you can use regular iodine and put in on your skin to see if you need it. But I don't know if that would be ok for my 4 year old. And he won't go for a cold bath, so I have figure out something. His teeth came in with fluorosis stains, and I want to minimize any more exposure. We cook and drink pure spring or distilled water. But the bath/shower is a problem. He has eczema too so I am worried the water aggravates it. Maybe we should reduce the amount of baths, but he's a boy so he gets super dirty fast! I guess I'll have to try your sponge bath suggestion; it might be the only solution. Thanks to you and everyone who replied

Offline truth_addict

• peace keeper
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 06:16:27 am »
in the case of such a young child, i would go for a fluoride-free sponge bath.  good recommendations, everyone.  other then a complete de-fluoridation system for your home, i can't really think of a way to keep the bathing water fluoride free.  i wish i could afford a full home de-fluoridation system, myself.  i do the best i can with the filters for drinking water.  good to see you watching out for your child though.   ;D

i try to stay away from the shower too much...until my girlfriend yells at me.  haha.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 07:02:11 am »
Hey everybody,

Does anyone know how to reduce or neutralize fluoride in water? We cannot afford a home fluoride filtration system, and I am very concerned about my child bathing in our nasty fluoridated water. I ordered a bath filter, but cannot find any that filter fluoride. I read somewhere a pinch of borax works...is this true?

Any stories or suggestions are very appreciated!!

Another option is to have a home solar distillation system. No electric needed, just sun and gravity. Reasonably small panels can produce 2-5 gallons per day easily. And what you end up with is pure distilled water, flouride-free. And they are easy and cheap to build. The basic idea is to create heat inside a dark-colored box with a glass lid that condensation collects on and then drains into a food-safe container. These systems can even produce clean water from grey water.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline seven_deviations

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 12:17:35 pm »
Don't use tap water.  Set up a barrel to catch rain water.

H0llyw00d

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 12:21:38 pm »
Don't use tap water.  Set up a barrel to catch rain water.

I wouldn't be too positive about rain water anymore either....this isn't 1922 anymore, Industrial pollution and chem trails have ruined the sky
I USED to have a underground pure spring on other property, about 2 years ago, had the water tested, fecal bacteria level was @ a all time high in it, I no longer use it...

PS: Interesting note, the towns OLD sewage treatment plant was about 1/2 mile from that spring, back when they WERE using this facility, everything seemed ok. But now after they abandoned it and made a new one elsewhere, is when i started having the water problem

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 07:00:48 pm »
I wouldn't be too positive about rain water anymore either....this isn't 1922 anymore, Industrial pollution and chem trails have ruined the sky
I USED to have a underground pure spring on other property, about 2 years ago, had the water tested, fecal bacteria level was @ a all time high in it, I no longer use it...

PS: Interesting note, the towns OLD sewage treatment plant was about 1/2 mile from that spring, back when they WERE using this facility, everything seemed ok. But now after they abandoned it and made a new one elsewhere, is when i started having the water problem

Set up a basic distilation system and then have that watered tested again after distilling and see what happens. I think you'll find you have a usable water source.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline Lannister

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 09:44:22 am »
Children use Iodine in their bodies the same as adaults, though they don't need as much of it because of their size.  Keeping the Thyroid topped up will prevent it from using chemically simaler compounds such as Chlorine and Flouride from being distributed throughout the body by this gland.  This gland cannot tell the difference between checmicals int he same family.  I use a drop Iodine in my water bottle every couple of days and it's a night and day difference.  I used to suffer from fatigue and required to much sleep, and things are much better now.

Offline gram3x7

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 09:05:14 pm »
Through some extensive research (none of which was easily found) I have come to the conclusion that they have made sure fluoride is near impossible to remove from your water; however I have found that these three clays have proven successful in absorption if put into the bath water, and let to sit for 15 min prior to getting into the bath yourself; Kaolinite, Bentonite, Red clay (MOROCCAN Clay). Activated alumina has also proven to be successful in the removal of fluoride.

Zeolite is an effective way to remove fluoride from the body that has already been absorbed.

Offline Joseon

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 11:32:21 pm »
take a cold, bath, which is painful to say but that will prevent you from breathing in the fluoride vapors from the toxic water.
http://www.H20labs.com
http://www.Mercola.com/article/mercury/mercury_elimination.htm

Drink distilled water for Pure Health:

Detox with cilantro:

Omura determined that cilantro could mobilize mercury and other toxic metals rapidly from the CNS.96 97

Spread the Word.

Offline CmdrSoCal

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »
you can get get r.o. water at a water store for 35 cents a gallon and use that in a camping shower. cheaper than a $5,000 whole house r.o. system.
http://www.amazon.com/Seattle-Sports-Solar-Shower-4-Gallon/dp/B001F1ZPOO/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp