CNN Loses HALF It's Audience! No Surprise.

Author Topic: CNN Loses HALF It's Audience! No Surprise.  (Read 15582 times)

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« on: March 31, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/business/media/30cnn.html?hpw

CNN continued what has become a precipitous decline in ratings for its prime-time programs in the first quarter of 2010, with its main hosts losing almost half their viewers in a year.

The trend in news ratings for the first three months of this year is all up for one network, the Fox News Channel, which enjoyed its best quarter ever in ratings, and down for both MSNBC and CNN.

CNN had a slightly worse quarter in the fourth quarter of 2009, but the last three months have included compelling news events, like the earthquake in Haiti and the battle over health care, and CNN, which emphasizes its hard news coverage, was apparently unable to benefit.

The losses at CNN continued a pattern in place for much of the last year, as the network trailed its competitors in every prime-time hour. (CNN still easily beats MSNBC in the daytime hours, but those are less lucrative in advertising money, and both networks are far behind Fox News at all hours.)

About the only break from the bad news for CNN was that March was not as bad as February, when the network had its worst single month in its recent history, finishing behind not only Fox News and MSNBC, but also its sister network HLN — and even CNBC, which had Olympics programming that month.

CNN executives have steadfastly said that they will not change their approach to prime-time programs, which are led by hosts not aligned with any partisan point of view.

But the numbers are stark: For the network’s longest-running host, Larry King, who has always been regarded at CNN as the centerpiece of prime time because he drew the biggest audiences at 9 p.m., the quarter was his worst ever.

Mr. King’s audience dropped 43 percent for the quarter and 52 percent in March. He dropped to 771,000 viewers for the quarter from 1.34 million in 2009. More alarming perhaps, Mr. King, whose show has been regularly eclipsed by Rachel Maddow’s on MSNBC (and is almost quadrupled by Sean Hannity’s show on Fox), is now threatened by a new host, Joy Behar on HLN (formerly Headline News.)

In her first full quarter competing with Mr. King at 9 p.m. Ms. Behar wound up beating him in the ratings 21 times.

CNN has given no indication that any changes in its lineup are imminent, but recently announced that it would try a series of specials in a talk-show format at 11 p.m. with its current 10 p.m. host, Anderson Cooper. The specials are interpreted by some at the network as a trial run for a new 9 p.m. show with Mr. Cooper.

Mr. Cooper has long been regarded as the strongest host at CNN, but his show has suffered badly as well. For the quarter, Mr. Cooper dropped 42 percent in viewers and 46 percent among the 25-to-54-year-old audience that the news channels use for their sales to advertisers.

In the past, CNN relied on big audiences for Mr. King’s show to deliver viewers to Mr. Cooper. Now Mr. Cooper sometimes finds himself losing to repeats of shows on MSNBC and HLN. (At the other end of prime time, Campbell Brown’s show on CNN at 8 had its worst quarter ever with the 25-to-54-year-old audience.)

Even in the morning, CNN is sliding. Its “American Morning” show dropped behind “Morning Joe” on MSNBC in total viewers for the first time; it still beat the MSNBC show among 25- to 54-year-olds, though it was down 29 percent from a year earlier.

At the same time, Fox News, which had its biggest year in 2009, continues to add viewers. Greta Van Susteren’s show was up 25 percent from a year earlier. Bill O’Reilly, whose show commands the biggest audience in prime time with 3.65 million viewers, was up 28 percent, and Glenn Beck was up 50 percent from a year earlier.
The Crowd Shouted... “Give us Barabbas!” ... and People, The NWO Gave Him To You.
http://www.dominicanajournal.org/give-us-barabbas/

https://www.greatagain.gov

Offline Libertarian Perspective

Re: CNN Loses HALF It's Audience! No Surprise.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »
Hey CNN you know how you can get your ratings back up? Offer to air the full unedited interview with Alex Jones, that should get your ratings up a little bit if only temporarily.
“Good luck to him. I don’t blame him at all, but I just
wish he had not hit me so hard. I know he had to protect
his property, and I probably would have done the
same thing in his position. This has certainly stopped
me committing any more crime.” - British burglar elaborating robbery

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
The entire MSM deserves a Major BOYCOTT from the public! We are sick of their unprofessionalism and their lies! It's disgusting!

I use to be a daily CNN viewer! After Lou Dobbs was kicked out for telling the truth, I had no interest in watching the other liars, so I quit watching. Now I only go back to see what they are lying about today!

The same thing is happening to all of the major LYING NETWORKS! Boyz, until you clean up your act, your gravy train is going to be disrupted by your poor ratings! GET A CLUE!

::)
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
Hey CNN you know how you can get your ratings back up? Offer to air the full unedited interview with Alex Jones, that should get your ratings up a little bit if only temporarily.

+1000

I also think other so-called news outlets are losing their audiences too.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38:05 PM »
+1000

I also think other so-called news outlets are losing their audiences too.

Most people are not as stupid as they think we are.  WE JUST WANT THE TRUTH---WHEREVER WE HAVE TO FIND IT.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline America2

• Romans 10:9-10 King James Version
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »
Now if only this same crowd boycotting the networks can get their eyeballs off ESPN, NFLN, E!, VH1, Lifetime, American Idol, and other garbage networks that's keeping us under the matrix and WAKE UP to all this nonsense around them...

Offline Draskinn

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »
I know I completely stopped watching TV at home at the beginning on 2010 and I haven’t missed it at all. Only time I watch CNN now is in the brake room at work. The day the health care bill passed I turned to a co-worker and said “why is CNN showing video of a skunk with a jar on its head? This is NOT a slow news day and they are showing us children’s videos!”

CNN is dying because they treat their viewers like children.
I’m getting a little tired of living in interesting times.  “Draskinn”

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
Is Larry King even still alive? The last interview I saw him do I was shocked. He seemed barely able to sit up and speak coherently. Seemed out of touch and barely able to follow the teleprompter. Use to be he helped carry CNN, but now they seem to be carrying him in his twilight years.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Xill

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »
I know I completely stopped watching TV at home at the beginning on 2010 and I haven’t missed it at all. Only time I watch CNN now is in the brake room at work. The day the health care bill passed I turned to a co-worker and said “why is CNN showing video of a skunk with a jar on its head? This is NOT a slow news day and they are showing us children’s videos!”

CNN is dying because they treat their viewers like children.

I stopped watching TV in 1998... Still do not miss it at all, actually since then, every time I was "forced" to watch it I found it to be horrible garbage and worse than it used to be.

I don't understand why Americans and Canadians are so addicted to television, it's such a waste of time. I find the average of 4 hours a day of television people watch in America is relative to the amount of retards around. Imagine if they would spend 4 hours a day reading or practising an art: that would be a true revolution.

Offline Nailer

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
I used to check the fraud market at CNN MONEY  except they changed the design of the web page and it's pitiful, looks like someone with ADD  , or cross eyed designed it.

I even senta email to CNN using the same comments as I posted above.

Communist Nation News  is hurting bad..  They really need a good web page designer that has a IQ over 40 as I believe that is about the persons Iq who ruined a great web page ..
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline NastyNorthNyc

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 07:06:36 PM »
It's incredible how they played off Climategate when it came out... Being awake and seeing these networks makes me sick

It's all a fantasy world

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »
Being awake and seeing these networks makes me sick

It's funny how many different people feel that way. :D

I don't think the NWO gang that actually owns these propaganda channels really give a rats behind whether they have numbers, they already have enough money.  What they're 'banking on' is that when they have really big events, staged or otherwise, that's when they will get people to tune into their BS.
The Crowd Shouted... “Give us Barabbas!” ... and People, The NWO Gave Him To You.
http://www.dominicanajournal.org/give-us-barabbas/

https://www.greatagain.gov

Offline xopatriot

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 12:36:36 AM »
I don't think the NWO gang that actually owns these propaganda channels really give a rats behind whether they have numbers, they already have enough money.  What they're 'banking on' is that when they have really big events, staged or otherwise, that's when they will get people to tune into their BS.

You hit it right on the money. Anyone remember what happened during 9-11? News site's servers were overwhelmed. So information starved people turned to the idiot box to get the news. If the web is shut down that is the perfect time to shut it down, during a massive false flag event.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 06:29:02 AM »
It's funny how many different people feel that way. :D

I think that's an excellent observation.  Consider that these mega-rich keep doing what they do, even though they have an insane amount of money, so why keep doing it? Why be bothered with all the headaches of business? Why do Gates, Buffet, Murdoch, etc stay active? Well for some it/s a brand to maintain, but seeing these people have so much personal fortune, why do they even care if the companies tank, they got theirs in massive amounts, yet they continue, regardless of the money, which means these people are in it for things other than earning a check.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline TheHouseMan

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 07:51:57 AM »
At this rate, CNN will be dead within years.

They think putting stupid Twitter messages on screen will reel in the youth...

How about you cover something cutting edge for once?

Offline NEPB

• Renagade
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 01:04:35 PM »
Should not have fvcked with Lou Dobbs, just kidding they suck all around.

Offline hal 9000

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 01:30:33 PM »
Reminds me of that scene in Network where the corporate big shot that controls the news network says the line "I don't care how much money we lose. I want Mr Beale on the air, and I want him kept on the air." This is after Beale (Peter Finch) is brought under control, kind of like how CNN - Controlled News Network is controlled.

Here is the scene where Beale tells it like it really is, before he is brought under corporate control. It says it all - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

Offline Kakumei

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
I had been without TV for 4 years or so, and I didn't miss it at all. Now at my new residence, cable's included. My husband won't turn the stupid box off now whenever he's home. Agh.
No one's going to take me alive / The time has come to make things right / You and I must fight for our lives / You and I must fight to survive - Muse, Knights of Cydonia

Offline Rebelitarian

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
Bring back Lou Dobbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Offline usefulidiot,uselesseater

• Useful Idiot/Useless Eater
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 10:33:48 PM »
Bring back Lou Dobbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Serves CNN right ;)
Lou Dobbs' revenge!
"The central challenge of our time is posed not by global terrorism, but rather by the intensifying turbulence caused by the phenomenon of global political awakening. That awakening is socially massive and politically radicalizing."-Zbigniew Brzezinski

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »
Good for truth, good for freedom.

Both will prevail!
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »

Amen!

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
CNN = Controlled News Network.
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline al0152

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 09:25:13 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/business/media/30cnn.html?hpw

CNN continued what has become a precipitous decline in ratings for its prime-time programs in the first quarter of 2010, with its main hosts losing almost half their viewers in a year.

The trend in news ratings for the first three months of this year is all up for one network, the Fox News Channel, which enjoyed its best quarter ever in ratings, and down for both MSNBC and CNN.

CNN had a slightly worse quarter in the fourth quarter of 2009, but the last three months have included compelling news events, like the earthquake in Haiti and the battle over health care, and CNN, which emphasizes its hard news coverage, was apparently unable to benefit.

The losses at CNN continued a pattern in place for much of the last year, as the network trailed its competitors in every prime-time hour. (CNN still easily beats MSNBC in the daytime hours, but those are less lucrative in advertising money, and both networks are far behind Fox News at all hours.)

About the only break from the bad news for CNN was that March was not as bad as February, when the network had its worst single month in its recent history, finishing behind not only Fox News and MSNBC, but also its sister network HLN — and even CNBC, which had Olympics programming that month.

CNN executives have steadfastly said that they will not change their approach to prime-time programs, which are led by hosts not aligned with any partisan point of view.

But the numbers are stark: For the network’s longest-running host, Larry King, who has always been regarded at CNN as the centerpiece of prime time because he drew the biggest audiences at 9 p.m., the quarter was his worst ever.

Mr. King’s audience dropped 43 percent for the quarter and 52 percent in March. He dropped to 771,000 viewers for the quarter from 1.34 million in 2009. More alarming perhaps, Mr. King, whose show has been regularly eclipsed by Rachel Maddow’s on MSNBC (and is almost quadrupled by Sean Hannity’s show on Fox), is now threatened by a new host, Joy Behar on HLN (formerly Headline News.)

In her first full quarter competing with Mr. King at 9 p.m. Ms. Behar wound up beating him in the ratings 21 times.

CNN has given no indication that any changes in its lineup are imminent, but recently announced that it would try a series of specials in a talk-show format at 11 p.m. with its current 10 p.m. host, Anderson Cooper. The specials are interpreted by some at the network as a trial run for a new 9 p.m. show with Mr. Cooper.

Mr. Cooper has long been regarded as the strongest host at CNN, but his show has suffered badly as well. For the quarter, Mr. Cooper dropped 42 percent in viewers and 46 percent among the 25-to-54-year-old audience that the news channels use for their sales to advertisers.

In the past, CNN relied on big audiences for Mr. King’s show to deliver viewers to Mr. Cooper. Now Mr. Cooper sometimes finds himself losing to repeats of shows on MSNBC and HLN. (At the other end of prime time, Campbell Brown’s show on CNN at 8 had its worst quarter ever with the 25-to-54-year-old audience.)

Even in the morning, CNN is sliding. Its “American Morning” show dropped behind “Morning Joe” on MSNBC in total viewers for the first time; it still beat the MSNBC show among 25- to 54-year-olds, though it was down 29 percent from a year earlier.

At the same time, Fox News, which had its biggest year in 2009, continues to add viewers. Greta Van Susteren’s show was up 25 percent from a year earlier. Bill O’Reilly, whose show commands the biggest audience in prime time with 3.65 million viewers, was up 28 percent, and Glenn Beck was up 50 percent from a year earlier.

If at first you don't succeed, lie and lie again??................
Live free....or DIE HARD!!!

There is no right in war.....only one that is left - Bertrand Russell

What goes up does not necessarily go down, and vice versa.......

Xill

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
Just a thought, but with CNN and MSNBC seriously hurt by how their lies were exposed, we are realizing just now how much of a success the information war really has been for the truth; and consequently, we should double our effort at commenting even more on their BS propaganda story, calling in their shows every time we disagree,  and de-constructing their propaganda on Youtube and such.

All good news except for Fox.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 03:49:21 AM »
It's funny how the article doesn't even mention the loss of the guy who was on that channel from the start.
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass