ICELAND of the FREE

Author Topic: ICELAND of the FREE  (Read 54927 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
Re: ICELAND - Goverment by the people and for the Banks
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »

The Goverment by the people...and for the banks in Iceland

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Iceland members of parliament want to save the banks, not the public.

Even after the Iceland's Supreme Court,ruled that the loans based on foreign currency where illegal. Most of the loans had little interests, and the supreme court ruled that using foreign currency , that is , the loan in Icelandic Krona's had little interests but would follow the currency rate on foreign currency when you paid the loan.

But the Supreme court only said that using the foreign currency was illegal, but not anything else in the loan contract.
Which means that the loan should be paid back , in Icelandic krona's,and the interests rate that are in the loan contract.
But at the same time loans in Icelandic krona's, had interests and Price guarantee,using inflation index.
So that interests rate was much higher.

But now members of parliament are trying to add interests rate on the loans , that the supreme court said are illegal.
Financial institutions ,banks and so on in Iceland, are now trying to find ways, to ignore the Supreme court, and add interests rates, so they will get more out of the loan takers.

Does not matter what Political party in Iceland you ask, they are not working for the voters of Iceland , they are working for the Banks , and helping them in any way that they can.

The public in Iceland, is an acceptable loss in the Banking Crisis here in Iceland...

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/06/goverment-by-people-and-for-banks-in.html

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline citizenx

Re: ICELAND of the FREE
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »
If tiny Iceland can stand up to the banksters... Think about it.

If America really stood up we'd have the bastards on the run.

Go, Iceland.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »
Corruption: in good shape in Iceland - video

After the Supreme courts decision on the Foreign currency loans being illegal, the government is now trying to find ways to add interests rates to those loans.

The political parties here in Iceland , are not celebrating that the public is now in a better place financially.
Business minister mr. Gylfi Magnusson, says that , interests rates must go up on the loans, so that the banks dont loose any money.
But a citizen meeting last September 2009 , he said that the Government should follow the Supreme court ruling whatever the ruling might be.

Here you can see a video from the citizen meeting on the 18th of September 2009.

http://www.facebook.com/v/406784507250

It would be best if you understand Icelandic.

Corruption is still going strong in Iceland.
Politicians have accepted big money, to the election funds, and many will not tell who has given them money. It does not matter what political party you talk about, they are all corrupted,some more than the other. Maybe in the next parliment election ,there should be a party , that is likt the Best Party , that won the last local elections in Reykjavik.

If all the 63 members of parliament are are corrupt, then maybe a new party should be formed, and with individuals, that have no skeletons in their closet.

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/06/corruption-in-good-shape-in-iceland.html

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »
Iceland Central Bank does not like the Supreme court ruling

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Now after the Supreme Court ruling,on the loans that are illeagal, Finacial institutions are trying to find ways so that the banks dont loose much money.

And this morning , the Central Bank, had a press conference and said that the interests rates on the loans should be the same as are at the Central Bank.

But the Icelandic law says that when loans are illegal the interests rate should be in for the Loan taker.
Which means that the interests that where on the loan ( 2-4 %) should be used.
But the government and every political member, is trying to find ways to save the banks money and sell the customer short.

Iceland's parliament which is elected by the people, to serve the country and people, is now all in favor of the multinationals and banks, not caring if the public go bankrupt.

It looks like the Supreme Court now has the power, and looks like that they do not have to follow this ruling.

Strange justice system here in Iceland.

Many say that the Central Bank is working for the private banks[ters], and not for the people or the government.

Here is a video ,of when the Central Bank was attacked on december1st 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLi4_eQtbhM

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/06/iceland-central-bank-does-not-like.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
Protests in Reykjavik planned next monday - video

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Government is now trying hard to help the banks,due to the Supreme court ruling about the illegal loans to the public.
Supreme court ruled that loans based on foreign currency is illegal. Now groups of angry loantakers are planning a protest in front of the Iceland's Central Bank at noon on Monday,and another protest in the afternoon in from of the Iceland's Parliament building.
The promises of all political parties to help the public, was just a lie. They are all now helping their friends in the banks.
Most of have accepted money from the banks, some more the the other.

It looks like that corruption is legal here in Iceland. For many it looks like that the members of parliament have accepted bribes. Respect for members of parliament is at an all time low these days. Here below you can see videos from the protests last year.

I have put on Facebook,lots of videos from the protests here in Iceland - the videos are here
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121749387853900

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/07/protests-in-reykjavik-planned-next.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 06:48:55 AM »

Protest in Reykjavik today ,and a singer injured by the police

Monday, July 5, 2010

Today there was a protest in front of the central Bank. It is because that the central bank recommended that the banks increase the interests rate on the loans that the Supreme court said where illegal. But that the Central banks and the politicians did not like. So ,they are trying to find ways to increase the interests rates .

People got angry and today ,they protested at the central Bank. And one of the protesters was Ellen Kristjánsdóttir , a great singer here in Iceland ,and her brother is Kristján Kristjánsson ( KK ) a great musician. And the police forced here from the Central bank building ,with such force, that she had to go to the hospital .

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/07/protest-in-reykjavik-today-and-singer.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 06:55:36 AM »
Public protests the government and central bank in Iceland today

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Today there where protests again in Reykjavik.
First at 9:30 this morning in front of the government house,and protesters made noise when the ministers came to the Government meeting ,and let them know that they do not have much support these days.
The Government has not kept the campaign promise, to help the public, and stand by the people.
Icelandic Government is helping the financial institutions, and pouring money to them,while the public is going bankrupt.

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/07/public-protests-goverment-and-central.html

Then the protesters went to the central bank and protested there again .
The Central Bank , is not taking the Supreme Court ruling on illeagal loans by the banks ,and has challenged the Supreme court ruling.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Iceland minister selling power companys to Magma Energy ?

Magma Energy corp has bought the geothermal power station ( HS Orka ) located near Keflavik in Iceland.
And according to Icelandic law, the only companys that can invest in Iceland power supply, must be located in the Europian union.
But Magma Energy corp. is a Canadian company. So to buy Iceland Power company, the made a little company in Sweden, and bought the Geothermal power company.

The energy , electricity, heating and water, is very cheap in Iceland. It is all owned by the goverment ,or the towns in Iceland. But when you privatize the energy ,the price will go up,and fast. Here in Iceland , people are not paying much for hot water and electricity. In the countries in Europe, they use Oil ,which is not cheap,and electrisity is not cheap either. There is no activity in Magma Energy Sweden ,only a office with two lawyers.

And according to local news in Iceland, the Industry Minister, told Magma Energy , how to get by Icelandic laws,and buy the local power company. Make a dummy company in Sweden ,and then buy the HS Orku in Keflavik.

The Industrial Minister, Katrin Juliusdottir, says that she did not tell Magma, how to bypass Icelandic laws.
But the CEO of Magma in Iceland, says that the Industrial Ministry told them how bypass Icelandic laws.
Many in Iceland look on this, as a treason by the Minister,towards the Icelandic public.

The Enviromental minister,Svandís Svavarsdóttir, is angry at the news about the buying, and says that it is illeagal ,to sell power companys in Iceland to foreign companys.

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/07/iceland-minister-selling-power-companys.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 07:16:40 AM »

Bjork send questions to parliament in Iceland,asking about legality of sale

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bjork Gudmundsdottir , known as, Bjork,has sent the Public Representative of the Icelandic Parliament a complaint and asked him to investigate the sale and negotiating process,in selling the HS Orka power company to a foreign  company ,Magma Energy.
Also signed the letter , Jon Thorisson (the Icelandic assistant to Eva Joly) and the writer Oddny Eir. They also put forward several questions they feel must be asked by the government, by the parliament and by the public.

Björk will hold a press conference with a performance on Monday 19th July at 4.00pm in the Nordic House, Reykjavik.

Another protest was today in front of the IMF office in Reykjavik. This was more peaceful protest ,than the protest yesterday .
Here you can see a video from yesterday,when a protester that threw red paint on the IMF building ,got arrested by police. He was arrested in front of the Govermnet building in Reykjavik.

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/07/bjork-send-questiions-to-parliement-in.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 07:19:14 AM »
Bjork at a press conference in Iceland -video

VIDEO (in Icelandic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USDlMrTn4I

Translation
In two weeks’ time, Magma Energy Sweden Ab will gain exclusive rights to utilize important natural energy sources in Iceland for the next 65 years. Is this sale of utilization rights in accordance with legislation that stipulates that utilization and ownership of Icelandic natural resources should be in the hands of Icelandic authorities?

Should this sale not undergo a systematic review? Don’t we need a report on our natural resources, similar to the report we had about the banks?

Should the Icelandic nation itself not be permitted to decide whether, and if so, how, it wishes to utilize its resources? Do we need to change laws so the nation can participate in a referendum about its own natural resources?

The International Monetary Fund has recommended that Icelanders provide foreigners with increased access to their natural resources. A letter of intent by the government from April last year suggests that those recommendations will be followed. Are we going to pay for the Icesave debt incurred by the oligarchs with our nature?

Is there not a better chance of getting Iceland back on track, and will this country not be able to pay its debts more easily, if we keep our natural resources under our full control and profit from them ourselves?

There is no clear information available on who are Magma’s shareholders.* Is it natural to close such an important deal without this sort of information?

It is said that the sale to Magma Energy will benefit the Icelandic economy since it constitutes foreign investment. And yet 70% of the sale is financed through a domestically-provided bullet loan, with a guarantee in the shares themselves. How does that compute?

Is there anything preventing Magma from removing all its profits from Iceland?

Is there anything to guarantee that this sale will create jobs in Iceland?

How will we profit from this sale? Will the profits possibly go to intermediaries that the Icelandic public, and even to the government, do not know about?

How will further heavy industry plans line up with international commitments to reduce carbon emissions? Are Icelanders not planning to help combat global warming?

Water is likely to be the world’s most precious resource in the future. Will the Magma case set a precedent? Will we lose more resources in this way?

Will our grandchildren be happy with our responses now? Will they be satisfied with the deals we have made and the sale of our natural resources?

Bjork Gudmundsdottir,held a press conference yesterday. There she questioned the sale of the HS Orka power company to a foreign Canadian company,Magma Energy.
" Are we going to pay Icesave Debt by selling our nature resources to foreign companys? " she asked.

Bjork also had more questions,as she introuduced the signing petition ,where people challenge the Goverment to stop the sale of HS Orka to a private company. Yesterday at 22:30 hours, about 4000 people had signed the petition.

No questions where allowed at the press conference.

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/07/bjork-at-press-conference-in-iceland.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
CEO of Magma Energy attempts Bribe to silence Singer Bjork
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »

Bjork offered a share in Iceland power company by Magma Energy

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bjork offered a share in Iceland power company by Magma Energy Ross Beaty,CEO of Magma Energy, that bought the HS ORka powerplant in ICeland,has offered Bjork,a 25 % share in HS Orka. Mr Beaty says that he offers Bjork the share at the same price as Magma Energy got it from HS ORka.

Bjork has seen his offer and answered

"Dear Ross
noticed your message for me
you offering me shares in hs orka shows that you totally miss my point
i feel this company should not be privatized , it should be given back to the people .
therefore i am not interested in shares .
but if i would get the same deal as you , a 70% bulletloan from icelanders to buy usage of their own resources , i might reconsider , who wouldn´t ?
you didn’t really put your money where your mouth is , did you ?

good bye

björk

P.s. I also saw in financial times when you asked me , personally  , to pop over to your office and you would  lower how long magma´s usage of our resources is going to be . This only reveals how willing you are to cut deals outside law and order "

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/07/bjork-offered-share-in-iceland-power.html

~Aldous Huxley

EvadingGrid

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 07:28:28 AM »
In my opinion the initial starting incident was when Iceland decided to switch to using Hydrogen.

The plan was to use Geo-Thermal energy to make Electric that could extract Hydrogen from Water.

So...... this deal seems do ironic....

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 07:28:43 AM »

In Iceland rumors abound that some of the Icelandic oligarchs who originally went after HS Orka and managed to privatize a share of it are now shareholders in Magma.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »

Bjork and CEO in public spat over Iceland energy takeover

Jul 20 03:32 PM US/Eastern

Icelandic singer Bjork and the chief of Canada's Magma Energy company are publicly feuding over Magma's planned purchase of an Icelandic geothermal power group, according to comments published Tuesday.

The artist, who was crowned Best Actress in Cannes in 2000, has led a public campaign against Magma gradually raising its stake Iceland's HS Orka, which produces energy from the island's geothermal power.

At a press conference on Monday, the 44-year-old singer called for a referendum on foreign ownership of energy resources and more transparency in talks around the deal, linking it to Iceland's banking collapse in late 2008.

Magma's chief executive Ross Beaty rebuffed the accusations and invited Bjork herself to buy shares in the company.

"I have a cheeky proposal to Bjork: if she is so worried about foreign investors buying HS Orka, why doesn't she, with all her millions, invest in buying some of HS Orka?," Beaty said, according to comments published on the website of the Reykjavik Grapevine, an English language magazine.

"I offer her a 25 percent stake at no profit to Magma -- she can buy the shares at exactly what it cost us... Let her put her money where her mouth is, as I am personally doing," he added.

On Tuesday, a statement from Bjork was posted on the Grapevine's website.

"Dear Ross. Noticed your message for me. You offering me shares in Orka shows that you totally miss my point," it read.

"I feel this company should not be privatised, it should be given back to the people," the singer said, reiterating she was not interested in shares.

Opponents of the takeover also charge Magma circumvented the law by establishing a Swedish sister company, as Icelandic regulations prevent firms from outside the European Economic Area to own an Icelandic power group.

Goethermal power is one of Iceland's most valuable natural resources.

According to the Financial Times, HS Orka is Iceland's largest privately owned energy producer, and produces nearly a tenth of Icelandic power.

Iceland's financial system nearly collapsed at the end of 2008 when its three major banks -- Kaupthing, Landsbanki and Glitnir -- went under.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.c113d7947d98c59a53508e7088373074.551&show_article=1

~Aldous Huxley

EvadingGrid

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 09:02:01 AM »
The Missing PUZZLE Piece

That the Icelandic Govt had previously declared that it was going to switch from an economy totally dependant on Foreign Energy such as OIL, GAS, etc to producing its own FREE ENERGY.

The Govt, had made a statement to the effect it wished to switch the entire Icelandic fishing fleet to Green Energy.

The plan was sound and simple. The use of free Geo Thermal Energy is already a highly developed industry in Iceland, the plan was to use the Free Geo Thermal power, to spin Turbines to generate enough Free Electric to to separate H2O into Hydrogen for the Fishing Fleet - AND - Capitol Crime EXPORT ENERGY TO EUROPE.

The other Thing Not Really Discussed would be the Icelandic Fishing Fleet, with its vast protected Fishing Rights VERSUS The European Union and its policy which can only be described as designed to Destroy Fishing Fleets of Europe.

• Geo Thermal Free Heat
  • Pump water Down to Heat Source
  • Steam Rises
  • Steam spins Turbine
  • Electricity
  • Electricity used split Hydrogen from Water
  • Hydrogen Economy

EvadingGrid

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
Hydrogen Economy

BBC News

Their ancestors the Vikings are better known for the way they pillaged and despoiled. But now Icelanders are offering to show the rest of the world how best to clean the planet up and protect the fragile resources of the earth.

As world leaders head for the earth summit in Johannesburg, Iceland is embarking on a radical plan to abolish the burning of fossil fuels altogether - by transforming itself into the world's first "hydrogen economy".

It aims to run all its transport and even its huge fishing fleet on hydrogen produced in Iceland itself.

SHIRIN WHEELER:
It's the fourth round of the National Monster Jeep Championships, an unmissable date in any Icelandic car lover's diary. This is a top spectator sport in a country which boasts more cars per head than nearly anywhere else in the world.

But Iceland has a driving ambition, to run these and every vehicle on its roads with clean hydrogen fuel. In Iceland's bubbling volcanic landscape, what once sounded like a science fiction fantasy is now taking shape. Iceland is full of natural energy and by harnessing these resources, its waterfalls and hot springs, it wants to become the world's first hydrogen economy.

Over the next 30 years, it aims to do away with polluting fossil fuels like petrol and diesel altogether and replace them with what could be the cleanest fuel on earth. These plans could reduce Iceland's greenhouse gas emissions by 50%.

To make hydrogen you need water and electricity. Iceland has plenty of water. It can also produce electricity cheaply and cleanly, hydropower from its glacial rivers and waterfalls. From its craters and crevices, huge stores of underground heat. Only 5% of geothermal power has been tapped so far. One day, Iceland thinks it could use it to provide enough green electricity to make hydrogen for itself and to export to other parts of the world.

For years Bragi Arnason was dismissed as a crank. Now they're listening. This is the model he shows to politicians visiting his labs at Reykjavik university, eager to hear how hydrogen could provide answers to global warming and the world's energy problems.

Professor BRAGI ARNASON:
(Chemistry Department, Reykjavik University)
Our vision is that when we have transformed Iceland into a hydrogen economy, then we are completely independent of imported fossil fuel. There will be no greenhouse gas emissions from our fuel.

WHEELER:
When water is zapped with electricity and electrolysed, it splits into oxygen and hydrogen. In Iceland they'll use geothermal and hydropower to make that clean electricity. Other countries could use power from wind or the sun. The hydrogen fuel can then be used to power an electric motor via fuel cells in a vehicle acting like a generator. The only emission is pure water.

Professor Arnason is realistic. Iceland's transformation into a hydrogen society will take time.

Professor ARNASON:
People my age will see the beginning. My children will see the transformation. And this will be the energy system when my grandchildren are grown. It's a good vision.

WHEELER:
Icelanders won't have to wait long to board hydrogen-powered vehicles. Next spring, the first buses fuelled by hydrogen arrive on the streets of Reykjavik. They'll look like this, but equipped with their silent fuel cells, there'll be some critical differences.

MARIA MAACK:
(Icelandic New Energy Ltd)
Equipment will be stored in the back of the bus. The hydrogen fuel itself will be loaded on top of the bus, because if something leaks it would go out into the atmosphere. It is not harming in any way.

WHEELER:
The buses are designed by the car company Daimler Chrysler, one of several foreign companies joining Icelandic business to steer though the big changes ahead.

MARIA MAACK:
Some people think we're being used as guinea pigs. But this idea was an Icelandic initiative. It's not as if the government is paying huge amounts like foreign companies to come in and use us. It's because we want to try it.

WHEELER:
Just off Reykjavik's busiest road, the construction of Iceland's first Hydrogen filling station is about to begin. Vehicles will simply refuel in the forecourt, as in petrol stations. The plans have been finalised with one of the world's biggest oil companies putting up the money.

Why would a company like you want to be involved in this?

MARGRET GUDMUNDSDOTTIR:
(Shell Hydrogen Iceland)
Because we are distributing energy. If you're distributing oil or hydrogen...

WHEELER:
You're distributing fossil fuels, the very thing this project wants to do away with.

MARGRET GUDMUNDSDOTTIR:
Yes, but then we just start distributing hydrogen. We're working with the future as well. We cannot stay behind and just die.

WHEELER:
After buses and private cars, Iceland is looking out to sea. Iceland's fishing fleet is the country's biggest consumer of fossil fuel. Fish is its biggest export. Converting the fleet to hydrogen had seemed decades away. But the whole project is riding on such a big wave of interest from foreign companies, that the money's there to pay for the first hydrogen-powered vessel.

What still eludes the scientists is how to store enough hydrogen, especially on boats that sometimes stay at sea for weeks. The whole project's success could hang on this.

In the meantime, this boat's crew would be delighted to see the end of oil.

HALLDOR THORGEIRSSON:
(Captain, "Adalborg II")
We don't like oil. It stinks. It's expensive. It's made everything dirty. So, if we can use hydrogen, it will be very nice.

WHEELER:
On land, most Icelandic homes are already free of oil, coal and gas. Naturally heated water is piped into to their houses from huge storage tanks.

One of the big reasons that foreign investors think this is the ideal testing ground for the hydrogen project is that it's no stranger to audacious energy changeovers. 50 years ago, the country began a radical transformation of its electricity and heating systems. Now Reykjavik is entirely heated by geothermal power. Built on top of underground molten rock, the water is heated at plants like Svartsengi. In its warm overspill, surrounded by lava fields, locals come to relax in the Blue Lagoon.

Icelanders are enthusiastic about most new technology and people here seem confident the hydrogen project will work.

UNNAMED MAN:
We have steam energy and hydrogen as well. Iceland should be proud of that.

UNNAMED WOMAN:
It's important for a small nation like Iceland to try. We are optimistic people and we like to try new things.

UNNAMED MAN 2:
If Icelanders can do it, everybody can do it. People will look at this small island and think, "They did it, so why not us?"

WHEELER:
But despite its extensive use of geothermal power, Iceland produces quite high carbon dioxide emissions. It was slow to sign up to the Kyoto agreement on limiting greenhouses gases. It wanted, and got, exceptions to allow its aluminium industry to develop. The smelters here emit carbon dioxide but they also use clean hydropower. But if heavy industry and hydrogen production are competing for some of the same natural resources, environmentalists want to be sure that unsightly dams don't damage Iceland's countryside.

OLAFUR ANDRESSON:
(Icelandic Nature Conservation Assoc.)
It's not unlimited. You have to think environmentally when it comes to hydrogen power. We really have to be consistent in minimising the environmental impact. We're going to clean energy. We want a cleaner environment.

WHEELER:
But the country's leaders insist that hydrogen is the best solution. Iceland's President lives in a house which was once the seat of the island's Danish rulers. Now its become a symbol of Iceland's independence. The government says hydrogen would guarantee its economic independence and free Iceland from a reliance on imported oil. But President Grimsson's idea is even bigger.

OLAFUR RAGNAR GRIMSSON:
(President of Iceland)
Iceland is in a way serving us the model of the society of the future. The society which is environmentally sound. Which is based on renewable energy and on a way of life which doesn't really destroy the life or the atmosphere or the bio-system that we have. There's a lot at stake. When they came to me with these ideas about four or five years ago and they there were President's of the foreign companies explained their interests I thought it was a fascinated possibility for Iceland to play a major part in the search for new forms of energy and to save for a better future for mankind.

WHEELER:
Iceland has now begun its journey towards a future free of fossil fuels and greenhouse gases. One day it may export its new clean hydrogen. For now the rest of the world is waiting to see if this small country can show the way ahead.

This transcript was produced from the teletext subtitles that are generated live for Newsnight. It has been checked against the programme as broadcast, however Newsnight can accept no responsibility for any factual inaccuracies. We will be happy to correct serious errors.

Shirin Wheeler reported from Iceland.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »
So, basically the country is already using environmentally-friendly energy and is relatively independent of foreign oil, but the banksters want to push them that much faster into the futrure so they can be the poster children for the new hydrogen economy they want to sell us as cover for the CCX and global carbon taxes.

"See what a shiny new energy system you can have if we force you to change?"

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 04:46:14 PM »
Björk - Declare Independence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P5xSntVWQE
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

EvadingGrid

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »
So, basically the country is already using environmentally-friendly energy and is relatively independent of foreign oil, but the banksters want to push them that much faster into the futrure so they can be the poster children for the new hydrogen economy they want to sell us as cover for the CCX and global carbon taxes.

"See what a shiny new energy system you can have if we force you to change?"

YES

Worse still was the promise of delivering the clean green energy to Europe.

See, its not a case of secret technology or rocket science, the answers already exist but are forbidden.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »
I thought I got it.

What a scam!

Once again, go Iceland.  Fight the bastards.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 02:58:02 AM »

Iceland wake up!

Monday, February 15, 2010
In: Economy, Iceland

This is a wake up call to Icelanders. A wake up call to get out of their shells and do something.

Problem is, they are afraid. So scared that they are like in coma. Like little kids hiding in corners afraid to lift their little heads so they wont be found. It's really sad considering we are talking about the closest descendants of viking known to exist.

Iceland is infested with corruption. That's a fact and everybody knows it. Only few are willing to take some action, not to mention to talk about it, except few independent journalists. The rest is either either deaf, dumb or blind.

It could have been a great opportunity for Iceland to clean its stables and start something new. To get rid of all the mob families that control this country and hold it from its balls. Changing of government was a joke and everybody realize it now. They same corrupt oligarch are still in power, moving things like this place is their private puppet show. Two years have passes since this woman (give me hope Johanna) took over and now what? AbsoF*CKenluley nothing. Icelanders still can't buy foreign currency and the Icelandic Krona is nothing more than a fancy toilet paper with figures of dead people on it.

It's real sad considering the possibilities this small nation has. Running Iceland, is practically like running a business, there are probably companies with more employees than Iceland's work labor...

More here
http://www.9uy.info/2010/02/iceland-wake-up.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2010, 06:16:37 AM »

Arctic Meltdown: The Financial Crisis in Iceland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yckhZj_A2M4
Hildagunnar Hauksdottir, 43, lost her job at one of Iceland's largest banks Landsbanki and never knew how well she had it until it all collapsed. In October 2008, Iceland's financial system toppled, taking with it retirement savings, jobs, and hopes. Now, Icelanders struggle to move forward amidst rising unemployment and soaring prices. What happened?

Iceland Declared a state of Terror by Prime minister Gordon Brown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYOqsQG59c

Was Iceland a Target for Economic Hit Men? - John Perkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYzSDw-3r5I
John Perkins, author of Hoodwinked and Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, blames Iceland's economic collapse on the tactics of economic hit men from multi-national corporations .

JOHN PERKINS - Ex Economic Hitman Icelandic TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMcJflvA7GQ

Max Keiser: Predicting the collapse of Iceland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFzUR1k3ku4

AMERICAN OFFICIAL PROPAGANDA VERSION
The financial crash in Iceland in 6 minutes according to ABC´s 20/20.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X35R_3ZN-t8

IMF OFFICIAL PROPAGANDA VERSION
The Iceland Financial Crisis Explained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQNOL3LL4Q

Iceland's Financial Crisis How it all began (1/2) (NWO ECONOMICS SERIES/ Destruction Of Nations)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPjMt5u3AH4

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2010, 06:06:01 AM »

Magma trying to buy all Iceland energy,according to Bjork in Iceland

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bjork is in Helsinki ,Finnland,where she is promoting a 3d animated film on the Finnish Moomin cartoon characters, for which she composed and sings the theme song.

At the press conference she also said that  "Magma is checking out if they could buy out all Iceland's energy sources," According to Bjork , Magma "has a reputation of working with the International Monetary Fund and buying up the energy sources of countries on the verge of bankruptcy," Bjork said, and claiming  that Magma has "already shown interest in buying up at least five other energy companies in Iceland."

Bjork is leading a campain against foreign take overs of Icelands natural power resources.

More here
http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/08/magma-trying-to-buy-all-iceland.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2010, 06:10:30 AM »

Iceland Parliament Rebels Against Bank Aid as Insolvencies Loom

By Omar R. Valdimarsson - Aug 2, 2010

Iceland’s parliament may block any government attempt to recapitalize the island’s banks after a court ruling threatened to leave some lenders insolvent, opposition party leaders and coalition members said.

Thirty-five lawmakers in the 63-seat Reykjavik-based assembly plan to vote against any government proposal to rescue lenders, according to all opposition party heads and six members of the coalition contacted by Bloomberg. The government, which can’t bail out the banks for a second time in as many years without parliamentary backing, may need to support the industry after a June 16 court ruling made them liable for currency losses on as much as $28 billion in loans.

Iceland’s government debt, which had Moody’s Investors Service top Aaa grade until May 2008, will reach 150 percent of gross domestic product this year, the rating company estimates. Moody’s said last week it may cut Iceland’s credit grade to junk if the state is forced to increase its debt burden to generate cash for the banks. The June court ruling may cost the island’s banks between $1.1 billion and $4.3 billion, the government and the country’s financial regulator estimate...

more here
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/iceland/TIMEE6HRKD96TTQO2

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2010, 05:10:25 PM »

Minister of Industry to Submit Power Privatization Bill

6/8/2010
Words by Paul Nikolov

In response to the Magma Energy controversy, Minister of Industry Katrín Júlíusdóttir told the television news show Kastljósið last night that she intends to submit a bill to parliament which would change the way municipalities do business with private companies.

The bill in question would limit the number of years a private business could be in contract with an Icelandic municipality with regards to power companies. The bill is in response to the length of Magma Energy's contract with the town of Reykjanesbær. Magma Energy has exclusive rights to geothermal exploration and use in the Reykjanes area for the next 65 years - provided the Icelandic government, which has temporarily frozen Magma's purchase of HS Orka, doesn't ultimately kill the deal.

The minister also said that she doesn't necessarily see a reason to fear private enterprise in the energy sector. When the previous conservative government privatized energy companies, they left the door open for private concerns to purchase them. The minister has previously argued that the nationality of the private enterprises in question should not especially matter.

If the minister's bill passes into law, private companies - regardless of national origin - would be much more greatly limited in how long they could engage in contracts with municipalities. The Icelandic Chamber of Commerce has already criticized the government for being too strict when it comes to laws on foreign private investors.

More here
http://www.grapevine.is/News/ReadArticle/Minister-of-Industry-to-Submit-Power-Privatization-Bill

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »

07/08/2010

Hundreds Lose Jobs in Mass Layoffs in Iceland

A total of 430 people have lost their jobs through 18 mass layoffs so far this year. In July alone 89 people were laid off en masse, as stated in a news item on the website of the Directorate of Labor.

Both companies that gave notice to their employees through mass layoffs in July operate in the construction sector. The reason is lack of projects, visir.is reports.

The people who lost their jobs last month will work until September or October, after that they will join the large group of people registered as unemployed; their number is currently 14,360.

More here
http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/?cat_id=29314&ew_0_a_id=366183

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »

06/08/2010 | 16:00

Eighty Kaupthing Bankers Face Charges

Around 80 employees of the now defunct Kaupthing Bank have been sued for buying shares in the bank. These people were served with the lawsuit about a month ago and since then the adjournment has been used to seek other solutions.

Ólafur Gardarsson, chairman of the Kaupthing winding-up committee, told Vidskiptabladid business weekly that most of these employees bought shares for relatively low amounts, under ISK 15 million (USD 127,000, EUR 96,000).

However, there are also examples of much higher amounts, he added. The aim is now to solve individual cases through debt settlement without court intervention.

More here
http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/?cat_id=16539&ew_0_a_id=366180

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

04/08/2010 | 11:28

Committee to Evaluate Legality of Magma Acquisition

Prime Minister of Iceland Jóhanna Sigurdardóttir has appointed a committee to reevaluate the legality of Canadian Magma Energy’s acquisition of Icelandic energy company HS Orka and the work environment of the energy industry in Iceland.

Prime Minister of Iceland Jóhanna Sigurdardóttir. Photo by Geir Ólafsson.

According to ruv.is, the committee will compile an independent report on Magma’s acquisition of HS through a subsidiary in Sweden and determine its legality.

The committee will also provide a legal evaluation of whether the acquisition is in compliance with the Icelandic law and EEA regulations.

In the process, the committee will estimate whether or not it is important in this context if the Swedish subsidiary is involved in any actual operations, whether the buyer is Canadian or Swedish and what part the Canadian parent company plays in taking care of or being responsible for payments because of its trade and operations in Iceland.

Furthermore, the committee is to investigate whether Magma’s acquisition of HS is in compliance with the main regulations and goals of the Icelandic law on natural resources and energy harnessing and especially in regard to the EEA agreement.

On the basis of the investigation, the committee is then to express its opinion on whether there is reason for the Icelandic government to seek ways to interfere with the acquisition.

more
http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/?cat_id=16567&ew_0_a_id=366044

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2010, 05:46:11 PM »

Bitter battle over mackerel quotas hots up
Wednesday, 04 August 2010 17:39

THE EU and Norwegian pelagic industries said today they were joining forces to demand tough action against the "irresponsible” mackerel fishing by Iceland and Faroe.

In a joint statement issued this afternoon, both pelagic sectors said the EU and Norwegian pelagic fleet owners had an urgent meeting yesterday in London to discuss the “very worrying” situation in the mackerel fisheries, caused by the “irresponsible behaviour” of Iceland and the Faroe Islands.

After setting 130,000 tonnes of autonomous mackerel quota by Iceland earlier this year the Faroese government decided last week to set an autonomous mackerel quota of 85,000 tonnes.

But both decisions went directly against the scientific advice for this “most important” pelagic stock in the North East Atlantic.

The EU and Norway  meanwhile, stuck to the agreed management plan for mackerel and have set their quota fully in accordance with the scientific advice.

The statement went on that EU and Norwegian vessel owners welcomed the decision of the Norwegian government to prohibit landings of mackerel by Faroese or Icelandic vessels in Norway and they called upon the European Commission and member states to do the same.

more
http://www.fishnewseu.com/latest-news/world/4025-bitter-battle-overmackerel-quotas-hots-up.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »

Iceland’s mackerel fishery is legal and responsible, say vessel owners

Thursday, 05 August 2010 16:21

THE escalating row over Icelandic and Faroese mackerel quotas went a stage further tonight when the Federation of Icelandic Fishing Vessel Owners maintained that Iceland’s mackerel fishery is “legal and responsible.”

Hard on the heels of a call from a leading Icelandic figure that Iceland should be able to take advantage of changed mackerel migratory patterns, the Icelandic federation moved to assert that accusations being levelled at Iceland were “totally unfounded.”

For the Icelandic vessel owners told fishnewseu.com that they totally rejected the claims that Iceland was acting irresponsibly levelled at them by EU and Norwegian fishery interests again this week.

And they added that Iceland has “every right to fish for mackerel within the Icelandic jurisdiction” just as Norway and the EU have the right to fish for mackerel in their respective jurisdictions. “Iceland’s mackerel fishery is therefore equally as legitimate as the EU’s and Norway’s,” the Icelandic federation contended.

They added that:

As Iceland was not admitted to negotiations for the mackerel fishery of 2010, Iceland set itself a unilateral quota of 130 000 tonnes; this was done prior to the completion of negotiations and decisions by other parties so that they could take responsible account of Iceland’s quota in their own decisions if they wished.

There is no comprehensive agreement for the integrated management of the mackerel fishery. Norway and the EU have seriously undermined the credibility of their own management scheme for more than a decade by unlawfully blocking the participation of Iceland in mackerel negotiations. The current lack of an agreement for the integrated management of mackerel is a direct consequence of this regrettable behaviour by Norway and the EU.

The Norwegian and the EU industries have called for an immediate import ban on fresh and frozen seafood products from Iceland. Norway and the EU do not have the right to ban imports of Icelandic fishery products because of our mackerel fishery.  Such action would constitute a violation of the EFTA, GATT and EEA agreements.

Iceland is a coastal state and fisheries in the Icelandic EEZ are therefore managed by Iceland and not through the North East Atlantic Fisheries Commisson - NEAFC. According to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) and the 1995 UN Fish Stocks Agreement, Norway and the EU have an obligation to negotiate with Iceland.

more here
http://www.fishnewseu.com/latest-news/world/4037-icelands-mackerel-fishery-is-legal-and-responsible-say-vessel-owners.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »

Iceland Economy

GDP (2009): $12.0 billion.
GDP growth rate: (2007) 3.8%; (2008) 1.3%; (2009) -6.5%.
Per capita GDP (2009): $37,622.
Inflation rate: (2008) 18.1%; (2009) 7.5%.
Central government budget: (2009) $4.5 billion; (2010 proposed) $4.5 billion.
Annual budget deficit: (2009 estimated) $1.2 billion; (2010 proposed) $790 million.
Net central government debt: (2007) 10.3% of GDP; (2008 estimated) 41.3% of GDP; (2009 estimated) 78% of GDP.

Natural resources
: Marine products, hydroelectric and geothermal power.

Agriculture: Products--potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, roses, livestock.
Industry: Types--aluminum smelting, fishing and fish processing technology, ferro-silicon alloy production, hydro and geothermal power, tourism, information technology.

Trade: Exports of goods (2009)--$4.0 billion:
marine products 41.7%;
industrial products 48.6%;
agricultural products 1.5%;
and miscellaneous 8.2%.

Partners (2009)--EEA 83.5% (Netherlands 30.7%, U.K. 12.8%, Germany 11.3%, Spain 4.8%, Norway 5.8%); U.S. 3.9% ($155.3 million).

Imports (2009)--$3.3 billion: industrial supplies 30.4%; capital goods, parts, accessories 21.5%; consumer goods 15.6%; transport equipment 9.7%; food and beverages 10.2%; fuels and lubricants 12.4%. Partners (2009)--EEA 64.8% (Germany 8.3%, Sweden 8.1%, Netherlands 8.6%, Denmark 7.3%, U.K. 4.5%, Norway 13.0%); U.S. 6.9% ($248 million); China 5.0%; Japan 3.4%.

more
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3396.htm

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2010, 02:11:04 AM »

Northern Lights activity increases in Iceland

Posted on09 August 2010. Tags: Arctic Circle, Aurora Borealis, Icelandair, Northern Lights, Solar Tsunami

The visibility of the Northern Lights across Iceland is set to grow throughout August and September due to increased solar activity, scientists say.

It has been revealed that increased levels of gas particles caused by a ‘solar tsunami’ from the sun have been interacting with the Earth’s magnetic field. The sun’s own magnetic fields have been dragging open and snapping back the Earth’s magnetic field, creating a continuous loop around the Earth, which then produces electrical currents that excite the gases in our atmosphere, eventually causing them to glow. These green, blue, purple and red colours are know as the Northern Lights, or the Aurora Borealis.

More here
http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2010/08/09/northern-lights-activity-increases-in-iceland/

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Microsoft founder Paul Allen's secret Iceland visit
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 09:37:53 AM »

Microsoft founder Paul Allen in Iceland visit

Paul Allen's yacht Octopus

Posted 08 August 2010.

Paul Allen, one of the world’s richest men and founder of the software giant Microsoft, has been visiting Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, over the past week. He is staying on board his yacht, Octopus and it is said that he and his team have been diving down to shipwrecks just off the coasts of Iceland.

Allen has been seen around town, last Thursday he was seen at one of the local hamburger joints “Hamburgarabullan” and souvenir shops by Skolavordustigur, where his two luxury cars and bodyguards were seen shop hopping, buying memorabilia to take home from Iceland.

As mentioned before on IceNews, Allen’s visit to Iceland been shrouded in secrecy. There have however been stories of him and his team deep diving of the coast of the capital using his private submarines.

IceNews sources claim that expedition members have been securing permission from the Icelandic authorities to use the yacht’s submarines in different spots around country – among other things to examine shipwrecks. Other than that very little is known about Paul Allen’s trip to Iceland.

more
http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2010/08/08/microsoft-founder-paul-allen-in-iceland-visit/

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »

Gulf of Mexico spill giving Iceland cold feet

Posted on11 August 2010. Tags: dragon area, drekkasvæði, gulf of mexico, Iceland, Oil, usa

Katrin Juliusdottir, Iceland’s Minister for Industry says that interest in giving out test drill licences for the oil search in Iceland’s Dragon Area has decreased following the Gulf of Mexico disaster.

The Icelandic government offered tenders on two test drill licences last year but decided not to grant any in the end. Juliusdottir explains that the official plan remains to offer licences again next year; but that the government is not as enthusiastic any more.

She told RUV that she would find it difficult to carry on with the Iceland oil project as if nothing has happened: the Gulf of Mexico oil spill is a very serious matter, she said.

She said that no governmental decision has yet been made on the future of Iceland’s search for black gold; but added that she, as industry minister, cannot carry the project on without looking closely at the project from every angle.

More
http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2010/08/11/gulf-of-mexico-spill-giving-iceland-cold-feet/

~Aldous Huxley

Offline shipgeek

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55:38 AM »
Hmmm... this is very bizarre...

I saw Octopus last Saturday - just a few days back - off the Cape at Cap Ferrat, French Riviera (most upprer-crust scenic area where Paul Allen owns a mansion) along with his second mega-yacht Tatoosh. I had no idea they were heading to Iceland.

I had never seen both mega-yachts at sea at the same time. I was wondering why he needed to have both his mega-yachts cruising in the exact same area by his property, very near to one another.

Mega-yacht Octopus is frequently seen cruising around Monte Carlo. Antibes being its regular mooring location.
E MARE LIBERTAS

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »
Hmmm... this is very bizarre...

I saw Octopus last Saturday - just a few days back - off the Cape at Cap Ferrat, French Riviera (most upprer-crust scenic area where Paul Allen owns a mansion) along with his second mega-yacht Tatoosh. I had no idea they were heading to Iceland.

I had never seen both mega-yachts at sea at the same time. I was wondering why he needed to have both his mega-yachts cruising in the exact same area by his property, very near to one another.

Mega-yacht Octopus is frequently seen cruising around Monte Carlo. Antibes being its regular mooring location.

27/07/2010 | 09:00

One of World’s Largest Cruisers Heads for Reykjavík

The luxury cruiser Octopus, which is among the largest cruisers in the world, is currently on its way to Iceland. It is expected to cast anchors in Reykjavík harbor on Friday.

According to visir.is, Octopus is 126-meters long, 50-60 meters longer than the longest trawlers in the Icelandic fishing fleet.

Octopus ranks as the world’s ninth largest cruiser which is neither owned by a state nor a head of state. There are two helicopters on board and two small submarines.

The cruiser is owned by Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft along with Bill Gates. It is not known what the passengers intend to explore when they get to Iceland.

More
http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/?cat_id=16567&ew_0_a_id=365728

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »

Whole country - earthquakes during the last 48 hours
http://en.vedur.is/earthquakes-and-volcanism/earthquakes/

Time and magnitude of earthquake   13 Aug 00:50 GMT

USGS Earthquake Hazards Program - Iceland Seismicity Map

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/iceland/seismicity.php

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »

Protester arrested in Iceland

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A lady was protesting in front of the Goverment building in Reykjavik,on tuesday.
She was alone,and was feeding the seagulls with bread.

The lady was protesting how the goverment is dealing with the elderly and the disabled.
The elderly and disabled are getting less pension,and are having a bad time here in ICeland.
But the lady ,who was protesting ,leagally in front of the goverment building was arrested.
A police officer,guarding the building came out and told the police to arrest her.
According  to the media in Iceland, the Prime Ministers assistance man,called the police ,and told them to take the protester away.

http://iceland-dori.blogspot.com/2010/08/protester-arrested-in-iceland-video.html

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2010, 04:12:10 PM »

Pressure building on Icelandic minister

Posted on14 August 2010

Pressure is mounting on Iceland’s Minister of Trade, Gylfi Magnusson, to resign over allegations he deliberately misled parliament a year ago.

Magnusson is accused of deliberately hiding material from parliament and the public concerning the discussion on foreign currency indexed car loans when questioned on the matter last summer. Such loans have since been declared illegal by the Supreme Court, meaning a huge bill for the banks, RUV reports.

Magnusson is an unelected government minister drafted in to his post as a respected economist and trusted public figure. He has been a popular appointment overall; but public opinion has swung away from him over this issue.

MPs from The Movement say they will be forced to apply for a vote of no confidence against him when parliament opens again in September if Magnusson fails to resign by himself.

More here
http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2010/08/14/pressure-building-on-icelandic-minister/

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »

Conservatives Polling Stronger Than Ever

Words by Paul Nikolov

The Independence Party is polling high enough to match their previous record in the spring of 2008, while other parties either lose some support or remain unchanged.

According to a poll conducted by Capacent, support for the conservatives in July was at 35%, up two points from June. The Independence Party hasn't polled this high since April 2008. Meanwhile, the Leftist-Greens move in the opposite direction, dropping by two points to 19%.

Other parties remain relatively unchanged. The Social Democrats come in at 24%, the Progressives at 12%, and The Movement at 4%. All others polled said they would vote for other parties, among them The Civic Movement (2%) and The Best Party (2%).

Support for the Social Democrat/Leftist-Green ruling coalition has gone down for the third month in a row, and now ranks at 38%, the lowest support they've had since forming an emergency coalition in February 2009...

http://www.grapevine.is/News/ReadArticle/Conservatives-Polling-Stronger-Than-Ever

~Aldous Huxley