Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?

Author Topic: Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?  (Read 337010 times)

Offline xTruthSeekerx

Re: Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?
« Reply #880 on: November 18, 2008, 03:41:27 pm »
hmm bike i can't ride a bike and i have knee problems
always be a need for photographers ftfw

Online donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #881 on: November 18, 2008, 04:08:02 pm »
Learn to preserve it as well!

Absolutely!

Also learn other skills.  Get DIY books.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

shirteesdotnet

« Reply #882 on: November 18, 2008, 04:42:04 pm »
Not exactly on topic, but for those looking for help and a free community to talk about gardens (men & women). Theres a google map feature if you want to list your locale and find other like-minded people near you. Its nifty and Im in contact with a few people in my area already...

http://freedomgardens.org/

Their homepage says,,,

Freedom Gardens is an online social community of gardening enthusiasts who are fed up with foreign oil, frequent food miles and high food prices.

Gardeners of all types of gardens are welcomed. from the acreage farmer to the apartment windowsill herb cultivator. And from the classroom gardens, to community gardens.

Not a gardener? Not a problem! Join anyway. This site is also for people interested in sustainable, local, and organic food or those just dreaming and scheming for a garden of their own.

Offline jkm1864

• I drink Cool-Aid
« Reply #883 on: November 18, 2008, 05:27:42 pm »
Well I work in the offshore oil industry so its going to be a while before I get laid off especially since they need to power their war machine. The way I look at it when I get laid off its time to head for the hills. I have been stocking up on food and guns for a while now and hopefully I'll be prepared. I intend to go to the woods and plant my food if I have to. I am not really worried about loosing my job but its best to be prepared for anything isn't it?

Offline Overcast

« Reply #884 on: November 18, 2008, 06:41:49 pm »
You're being sarcastic, right?

Actually, no - not at all. I guess if you don't really have the faith... well, I think that's the largest part of it.
But I digress, I don't want it to spin into a religious debate. I respect the opinion of those who think that's 'kooky'. :)

But at one point, I answered a small, obscure ad in the paper, and it turned into a job with a fortune 100, with a pension. They ended up buying a new business and are kinda in a corner needing to keep our department intact in spite of the economy now.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline releasethebonds

• 2+2=5
« Reply #885 on: November 18, 2008, 06:47:46 pm »
Backup Plan: ANALYZE MAD MAX MOVIES .. then I will get back to you.
" The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." --J. Edgar Hoover

Offline paladin

« Reply #886 on: November 18, 2008, 06:52:34 pm »
I got laid off 2 months ago with no savings and a bunch of debt.
I'm worried to death. I've got about 500 rounds but my gun is in the pawn shop.Hopefully I can get it out before jan 20th. I'm trying to sell a car and head to the Rockies from IN.
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph"- THOMAS PAINE

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.ae911truth.org
« Reply #887 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:52 pm »
Actually, no - not at all. I guess if you don't really have the faith... well, I think that's the largest part of it.
But I digress, I don't want it to spin into a religious debate....

But at one point, I answered a small, obscure ad in the paper, and it turned into a job with a fortune 100, with a pension.

I don't want to turn this into a religious debate either, but I can't resist mentioning that, for every person who lands a desirable job after praying, there are countless others who don't. So I wouldn't go mistaking luck for divine intervention, nor would I make the critical mistake of thinking that prayer can ever be a substitute for decisive action:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=50756.msg248087#msg248087
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://webofdebt.com
http://schalkenbach.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Overcast

« Reply #888 on: November 18, 2008, 07:06:03 pm »
Backup Plan: ANALYZE MAD MAX MOVIES .. then I will get back to you.

Got those memorized :) Was always my favorite moives - at least Mad Max and The Road Warrior - the 3rd's not bad either.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice

Offline getch36

« Reply #890 on: November 18, 2008, 08:34:45 pm »
I'm getting chickens in the spring.
Ron Paul is my hero.

shirteesdotnet

« Reply #891 on: November 19, 2008, 03:51:32 pm »

I used to have 3 chickens in the back of my family biz in Los Angeles. Had them a good couple years and they were very nice to lay eggs all the time. One sweet girl would lay two eggs a couple times a week. Anyhow, right before Thanksgiving they all went missing.

Offline citizenofdarepublic

« Reply #892 on: November 19, 2008, 03:54:25 pm »
when the depression finally hits me in the face....my back-up plan is to starve to death!!!

:)

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #893 on: November 19, 2008, 04:07:14 pm »
when the depression finally hits me in the face....my back-up plan is to starve to death!!!

:)

Actually, that raises an interesting philosophical question.

Which is better -- to be a well-fed slave, or a starving free person?

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

« Reply #894 on: November 19, 2008, 04:18:01 pm »

well what i mean by that is......

i will prepare while i can....but there's no way im gonna be able to put away 10 yrs worth of necessities (sp)......

and living in the area i live in.....i will not be able to be independant.....

im not saying im gonna just give up and die.....but i am mentally preparing myself for the worst....which is more likely than the best

but to answer your philosophical question.....I WOULD RATHER DIE A FREE PERSON THAN BE A WELL-FED SLAVE!!!!!!

Offline Rak HaEmet

• Liberty Council
« Reply #895 on: November 19, 2008, 04:40:18 pm »
and living in the area i live in.....i will not be able to be independant.....

but to answer your philosophical question.....I WOULD RATHER DIE A FREE PERSON THAN BE A WELL-FED SLAVE!!!!!!

I confess I'm a bit aghast at times that red-pill folks are expecting to carry out an existance in urban areas. Citizen, don't you have an aunt or cousin out in the sticks somewhere? Likely you'll be able to determine an early bug-out timetable, and wouldn't you prefer to live in an area where you won't have to *buy* the things you'll need for 10 years- instead you can grow/produce/engineer them!

Geo- very good question. I'd like to say I'd prefer to be a starving freeman, but I don't know how long I'd be able to take watching my family be starving freefolks with me... At some point, it would be hard. I don't think many of us know a real hunger pain. I feel confident I could stomach (pun intended) a fair share, but I got chitlins- and it would be hard to see them with rickets or scurvey.

... maybe cannibalism would be a happy medium ;-)

Offline paladin

« Reply #896 on: November 19, 2008, 05:01:33 pm »
Don't forget the $20 microchip per chicken. You don't want to be afowl of the law! ;D
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph"- THOMAS PAINE

Offline Calvin

« Reply #897 on: November 19, 2008, 07:04:30 pm »
kinda hard to get laid off when u own a business....

Offline Neo

• The constitution is my guide.
« Reply #898 on: November 19, 2008, 07:10:44 pm »
Stand out in front of the federal reserve  ::) (private) and hold a sign saying, "You did this and we know who you are criminals!" In reality when jobs diminish and the ones available provide no financial structure, you're a day away from being homeless. So, might as well harass them.
"It is discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and
how few by deceit"

« Reply #899 on: November 20, 2008, 08:52:50 am »
I confess I'm a bit aghast at times that red-pill folks are expecting to carry out an existance in urban areas. Citizen, don't you have an aunt or cousin out in the sticks somewhere? Likely you'll be able to determine an early bug-out timetable, and wouldn't you prefer to live in an area where you won't have to *buy* the things you'll need for 10 years- instead you can grow/produce/engineer them!

nope...no way out for me....its cool though...its my own fault for allowing myself to be domesticated....if only i knew about the new world order 10 years ago...

;)

Offline peepnklown

• Rabbi Minarchist
    • FJPX2
« Reply #900 on: November 21, 2008, 07:49:45 am »
Iím going to find a sugar-momma. 
FJPX2 = Experimental Electronic Music

Offline Triadtropz

• Gods army is real..join up..
« Reply #901 on: November 21, 2008, 07:51:27 am »
Iím going to find a sugar-momma. 

lol..be a couch daddy.
one man with courage makes a majority..TJ

Offline Gensonic

« Reply #902 on: November 21, 2008, 02:21:29 pm »

I'm in full support of that idea. I mean I woke up not too long ago and am in a more developed area but I'm putting a lot of my focus on a bug-out-bag and planning. Luckily there are some woods behind my house I can escape too and I'm not a stranger to being out in the woods. But every day you can do something to be prepared for anything. Be it reading a survival book, learning new skills, picking up at least a knife.

My shopping since waking up has been more fun now too. I mean if I'm going to be giving these nwo people my money at least I'm getting something that will help me escape them at the same time, that alone is some funny irony. You'll look at products differently too imagine how they would of use to you now as well as in the future.

Even living in the city you can make plans. Just make sure to get out sooner. No worldly position is worth giving compliance too so you may obtain it.
"Not as tyrants have we come, but as liberators." - Adolph Hitler

"We will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." - Dick Cheney

Offline nedc

« Reply #903 on: November 21, 2008, 02:41:14 pm »
Have a small cottage on a quite lake.  Will sell the house and get what we can get and move to the cottage.  Have 6 months of stored food for the wife and myself (efoodsdirect).  Will hunt and fish (I am currently a vegetarian) and plant a garden with the hierloom seeds we have.

The rest of our family thinks we are going to take care of them.  Planning to have a talk with all of them when we are together for the holidays.  Kids will be welcomed, adults that didn't listen are on their own.

Offline Rak HaEmet

• Liberty Council
« Reply #904 on: November 21, 2008, 05:18:57 pm »
I'm in full support of that idea.

If one is already somewhat geared up, trained and feeling alone- there are posts of folks who are looking to network.

http://www.survivalistbooks.com/survivalistgroups.htm

Offline Overcast

« Reply #905 on: November 21, 2008, 08:27:20 pm »

I'd have to answer with my favorite quote from Patrick Henry:

It is in vain, sir, to extentuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Offline aLLyOuRbAsE

• Free Man
« Reply #906 on: November 21, 2008, 09:12:44 pm »
i guess it all depends on what you want out of life, but personally, i think any move toward sustainable living is a good move.

*thread stickied, as requested*
Peace and Love.

If I don't, who will?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcx9BJRadfw

The ends do NOT justify the means...

Offline thrashbassist

« Reply #907 on: November 21, 2008, 09:16:09 pm »
I guess I could teach guitar or something... f**k, I don't know.

That's why I'm learning to farm, and I'm polishing up on my marksmanship skills.
Non Serviam

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #908 on: November 21, 2008, 09:18:40 pm »

Good idea.

Another good idea is a beehive. I started this last year and it is fun after the first few times dealing with thousands of bees buzzing at the same time. Each good hive can make up to 150 lbs of honey a year and you don't need a lot of room. The bees never bother you unless you mess with their colony without a smoker. The neighbors never know they are there. They pollinate up to a 5 mile radius.

Offline pmq

« Reply #909 on: November 22, 2008, 12:17:35 am »
We can always join the military. :)

Well,I have been living my backup plan for several years here in the bush of Alaska.I hunt,raise much of my own veggies and paid cash for the land and built the cabin almost entirely with wood from my land.I still have my pickup,4 wheeler and snow machine and I have had to go to Sat systems for the net and TV and phone as well as Ham radio,but I am living better for less with no crime.

You are living the dream, my friend. Alaska, the last frontier, right? Patriot friendly?

Offline Gensonic

« Reply #910 on: November 22, 2008, 10:21:54 am »
If one is already somewhat geared up, trained and feeling alone- there are posts of folks who are looking to network.

Coolbeans, thanks for the site. Found one group in my area, looks like it's militia but I was interested in joining anyway. I don't see how people can be too domesticated and awake and still not do anything about it. I'm going back to my roots fast and doing every little thing to prepare now. I may have only been fully awake for a month or so now, but now I know where my priorities are now and the only time it's too late is after the fact.

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #911 on: November 22, 2008, 05:55:51 pm »

This is an informative list of networking people, and often touching. Thanks for posting this. I don't sense that most of these people are prioritizing militia operations other than as part of being practically prepared in all ways conceivable and practical. Government sleuths take note and blow off.

God Bless the United states. And protect her people from the traitors.

Offline Gensonic

« Reply #912 on: November 22, 2008, 08:56:07 pm »
I don't sense that most of these people are prioritizing militia operations other than as part of being practically prepared in all ways conceivable and practical.

Well I said that because of the one in my area (MS) was MississippiMinuteMan. If I'm still seeing my girl in Texas I'll just join up with you guys, I know there is no way ya'll will be going down without a fight.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #913 on: November 22, 2008, 09:01:05 pm »
God Bless the United states America. And protect her people from the traitors.

Fixed.  8)

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #914 on: November 23, 2008, 06:44:41 am »
Fixed.  8)

LOL. Thanks. Reminds me grade school.

Offline theoceanse

« Reply #915 on: November 26, 2008, 12:13:29 am »
everybody stop paying taxes, stop buying, stop spending, turn off your phone, just have a cell phone and a laptop for communication, go vegetarian, park the car, cancel your insurance, OUT OF IRAQ NOW, OUT OF AFGANISTAN NOW, OUT OF PALESTINE NOW, SCREW OFF ILLUMINATI, SCREW OFF FREEMASONS, SCREW OFF ZIONISTS, SCREW OFF NEOCON, SCREW OFF OBAMA O BOMB YA ZIONIST DUPE BUSH CLONE

Offline Byrne0ut

« Reply #916 on: November 26, 2008, 12:19:16 am »
ok.

Offline dkwannabe

• Patriot Panda's Xanga
« Reply #917 on: November 26, 2008, 12:22:53 am »
o_O k
"Free societies are not meant to be safe, they are meant to be free. Quit being a victim and learn to defend yourself."

chirhonius

« Reply #918 on: November 26, 2008, 12:30:55 am »
Thats alot of advice to fit in one paragraph

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #919 on: November 26, 2008, 12:31:39 am »
everybody stop paying taxes, stop buying, stop spending, turn off your phone, just have a cell phone and a laptop for communication, go vegetarian, park the car, cancel your insurance, OUT OF IRAQ NOW, OUT OF AFGANISTAN NOW, OUT OF PALESTINE NOW, SCREW OFF ILLUMINATI, SCREW OFF FREEMASONS, SCREW OFF ZIONISTS, SCREW OFF NEOCON, SCREW OFF OBAMA O BOMB YA ZIONIST DUPE BUSH CLONE

easier said than done my friend. Stop buying? Stop spending? Most of us here do not live in a hippy commune or would want to.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra