Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?

Author Topic: Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?  (Read 601111 times)

Rock

Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:32 PM »
I propose we use this thread to divulge tricks, plans, ideas on how we can survive after the crap hits the fan.

Lets make this the ultimate survival thread.

Rock

Rock

Re: Tips To Survive: What Will You Do When The Crap Hits The Fan?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:38:41 PM »
Can someone recommend a good radio that can handle moisture and has good battery life.  Also, a hand crank in case battery goes.

I recommend getting a hand crank flashlight with LED lights.  I have 4 of them. 

Rock

Offline Mindflow

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:45:17 PM »
MAGNIFYING GLASS: For making fire.
Also, a piece of ICE can be formed into a magnifying glass.

Rock

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:55:34 PM »

Forgot about the magnifying glass.  Ice?  Good idea.  Save me from rubbing sticks..lol

I forgot to mention I bought two Berkey Lights with the fluoride filters.  Been using them for 6-months.  Dang, they are great!  I think that will be the first thing I defend!

Rock

Rock

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:40 PM »
Buy all the guns and amo and all sorts of shit like that as you can. When they come around to take away guns you shoot em in the neck, which is where their armor is weak. Then when and if you are successful in that fight you get in your military gear and go outside and do gorilla warfare.Hide in the bushes and trees and fight em !! I'm serious, you gotta fight em as hard as you can. Get frying pans and beat the shit out of them. But seriously, I had a dream bout this not too long ago. It was like my friend and I saw a bunch of tanks and troops marching over the hill and they were in white suits and my friend and I were fighting them, we were out in the desert and we were shotting them and ran back to my house where we had a huge stockpile of amo and guns and all sorts of heavy weaponry and we fought em off for atleast a day, but then we got killed. I had that dream about a week ago. I also had another dream, which was the military was coming around taking people away and gangs were fighting the military off and they were saving civilians and when I woke up, I was like whoa, what if the gangs are gonna be our allies. Because who hates the government as much as gangs do ?! Gangs are like screw the government, I don't need them. Gangs also have huge stockpiles of untraceable weapons and stuff. So what if the gangs are gonna be our allies ? Think about it. MS13 will be a great help here in Vegas, they have alot of power, they own half the prison in El Salvador. But yeah survival. I've been thinking of plans myself. The gun thing is a plan but a bad one, it's not strong enough. Also, maybe it would be smarter to let them kill us. Because I mean, would you want to be alive ? Which when this next false flag operation happens, if they nuke Vegas, I hope I die in the blast, instead of suffering from radiation. But I will not give up without a fight. If they kill me, so be it, but I'm not gonna go down easy. I hardly sleep at night man, Alex is lucky, he's got his wife next to him to help him sleep. But man, a whole city like Vegas needs to all wake up and join together and meet at city hall and make a huge plan to fight em' off.

Left the City a year ago.  I live where the deer and the antelope play.  And I will shoot one for food come October.

Get out of those City's People.  The sooner the better,

Rock

Offline Tramik

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:58 PM »
Taking a rifle and going north into the wilderness. I'll try to survive naturally. I'll have some stuff. Seeds, tools, food supply/water filters. When they find me, I'll die fighting.

Rock

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 12:02:51 AM »
Realistically we can carry only so much.  I would like to know what you consider the absolute basics?  And I would like to compare it to mine.

I will start to make my list to post,

Rock

Offline Horatio_Bunce

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 12:08:55 AM »
This might help...

I have plenty of books on this topic, I'm pretty well covered, except for a shortwave.

And if an EMP hits, that won't work anyway...

But check this out, good info...

http://www.survival-center.com/guide/

Offline Mindflow

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 03:24:08 AM »
A couple of field guides to Wild Edible Plants.

Rock

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »
This might help...

I have plenty of books on this topic, I'm pretty well covered, except for a shortwave.

But check this out, good info...

http://www.survival-center.com/guide/

I started reading some of those warnings from that site and it got me thinking.  When we had the great market crash almost 80-years ago, the banks closed their doors over night.

Question:  What would you do if, just after a major event, the banks closed their doors?  Do you have emergency spending money?

See, I don't think money will matter at that point.  Goods will matter but money will be worthless.  What do you think?

Rock

Rock

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 09:02:28 AM »
A couple of field guides to Wild Edible Plants.

Mindflow: Do you have a link to a good one?

Rock

Offline Bossgator

• Patriot in Arizona
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 09:18:23 AM »
Agreed that cash may well be useless, and it eventually will be eliminated anyways, so the real question is what to do when cash goes away? Assuming of course you make it beyond the "roundup". If you decide the ID card is not for you, then what? Planning on how to function without an ID is the real issue.

Till then, living off the land, and sharing supplies amongst ourselves is how we'll get through this. A book on plants, and hunting without firearms is a very good idea. Guns draw way too much attention when your trying to stay low.
In the end, all that's left is the truth! - Bossgator

When in politics and faced with two men who are both evil, do you choose the lesser of those two evils? NO! Execute them both and find someone who is *not* evil.

Offline Cherie

• Rothscum = Eco-hypocrite
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »
A Survival forum should pop up today.

Rock

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 09:30:04 AM »
Agreed that cash may well be useless, and it eventually will be eliminated anyways, so the real question is what to do when cash goes away? Assuming of course you make it beyond the "roundup". If you decide the ID card is not for you, then what? Planning on how to function without an ID is the real issue.

Till then, living off the land, and sharing supplies amongst ourselves is how we'll get through this. A book on plants, and hunting without firearms is a very good idea. Guns draw way too much attention when your trying to stay low.

I have a friend who is going to teach me how to snare a deer so I won't need a gun.  I already got the knives for cleaning venisin.

Even though I have been a bird hunter for years, I know thats out of (don't want that kind of noise to draw attention to myself) the question.  I could get Turkey with a bow.

Rock

Offline Marmalade

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 09:40:32 AM »
I would say plot at least three escape routes to get out of your town/city, should you need to use them.

Offline squandertime

• robin gordon
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
you have to have a generator-
must have (10) 5 gallon gas container to get you to the next gas station
must have a couple of water drums

get you a diesel 250 truck... and get that convertor put into it for alternate choices of fuel

you have to have an rv trailer-

ideally a solar power generator as big as you can afford to build

cash

pocket knife

ham radio perhaps (at least a c.b. radio and police scanner)

antobiotics, of course

information is the only true way to defend yourselves (by offense)
so, i wish every town would get together and hash this whole subject out......

actually i am against violence fighting violence..........
a huge sit down across america for months on end would be nice..........
no one working "in the machine" would slow the  "machine" (it would also show who is on which side)

personally though - i think they will wait until there is a
man-made earthqauke (west), hurrincane (south), terrorist strike (east)
simutaneously happening to call for nation-wide martial law..........

and as far as escaping out into the woods- never to see a grocery store again- i think you have the wrong mental image about what it will be like-- yall will be the first to get caught and raped.  nice and quite round ups- of people way out in the woods......  campfires show up very bright .......... saftey in numbers in front of cameras or voiced on radio waves is a better way to get through this as long as we can.....

the first duty of a revolutionary .... is to get away with it

Offline Veda

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 02:48:09 PM »
Cheri, the survival forum is a great idea...

we can start fillin' that baby up w/great info that we can all use.

"I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays."  Lance

Rock

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 06:36:38 AM »

and as far as escaping out into the woods- never to see a grocery store again- i think you have the wrong mental image about what it will be like-- yall will be the first to get caught and raped.  nice and quite round ups- of people way out in the woods......  campfires show up very bright .......... saftey in numbers in front of cameras or voiced on radio waves is a better way to get through this as long as we can.....

Emmmm, I don't think a campfire at night is a good idea,

Rock

Offline dxguy

• Free your mind!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »
Can someone recommend a good radio that can handle moisture and has good battery life.  Also, a hand crank in case battery goes.

I recommend getting a hand crank flashlight with LED lights.  I have 4 of them. 

Rock

Don't overlook your local Checker or similar automotive supply house. I got an 85 LED steel flashlight from
Checker a few weeks ago, on sale, at $20. It's so bright it will blind you. Uses two D batts. LED's
use just a tiny bit of energy, last 10x longer than conventional incandescent bulbs.

Also, Good 2 Way FRS/GMRS radios can be found at just about any Radioshack in this country. They have
them up to 25 mile range now for around $80 (less via the web).

Offline Max

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »
This might help...

Try making a Faraday cage out of wire-mesh and keep the electrical stuff inside it. You must have a really good earth though.

Offline Mindflow

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 01:49:59 PM »
On 9-11, many people panicked in this town and formed lines at the gas stations.

I now habitually fill my tank when it gets halfway empty, for peace of mind.

Offline citizenofdarepublic

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 04:11:47 PM »
whats a good, simple, and somewhat affordable gun somebody would want to get that knows nothing about guns?

Offline Matt_Infowarrior

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 04:27:04 PM »
whats a good, simple, and somewhat affordable gun somebody would want to get that knows nothing about guns?

Personally, I recommend either a Remington 597 or Ruger 10/22. Some may disagree, but they're both relatively quiet, minimal kickback, and can still kill a small to medium-sized game with a well-placed bullet. Both are quite cheap as well.

Rock

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 06:19:41 PM »
Ruger 10/22

I love that gun.  I had one at 14 years old and I could hit a coke bottle at 200 yards - no problem.  Be careful with mis-target, that bullet will cross a city....lol

Rock

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 06:54:13 PM »
thanks for the info

Rock

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 06:57:41 PM »
thanks for the info

citizenofdarepublic,

You can pick up a pump Mossberg 12 gage shotgun cheap ($100.00).  Its a great gun and can take a beating.

Rock

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 07:05:07 PM »
thanks for the info

citizenofdarepublic,

You can pick up a pump Mossberg 12 gage shotgun cheap ($100.00).  Its a great gun and can take a beating.

Rock

i will look into it
thanks

Offline Mindflow

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 07:12:28 PM »
FISHHOOKS and FISHING LINE

Cheap, lightweight, and priceless in the survival bag.

Rock

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »
FISHHOOKS and FISHING LINE

Cheap, lightweight, and priceless in the survival bag.

I got 6 poles and enough tackle to have many fishing at the same time.  Learn how to get red worms to come out of the ground.  Just take a steal rod and drive it into wet ground.  Then take a 12 volt battery (with protective gloves and shoes) and connect cables to rod.  The worms will feel the jolt of electricity and come to the surface.

Number 12 hook for small fish.

Rock

Offline spiritwolf

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 08:01:06 PM »
get you a truck 4wheel drive if you are one that has to bugg out.  convert it to the ole point system- - you'll be able to travel then. i have
    also place you a minerial trace lick for your deer . get them starting to come to it now.
those with bows can hang on thier trails that lead to the lick.bows are silent.

Offline waronabstraction

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 08:09:35 PM »
wow rock, that's amazing worm terrorism.
so what do we have in our kit now?
crank lights.
crank shortwave.
edible plant books.
weapon of choice and ammo.
line and hooks.
batteries.
fire making tools. magnifying glass, ice?, flint...
----
are we on foot?
----
what clothing are you taking.
do you have good boots?
insulation from the weather?

Rock

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 08:23:30 PM »
I have some serious clothing.  If your in the north, get cloths that handle temperatures below zero in a still position.  Patagonia (capilene) for starters.  It will allow you to sweat as you run from authorities but the sweat will not stick to your skin.  The material is designed to move moisture to the outer layers.

Water proof jacket.

Water proof boots.

End

I need a good suggestion on an outdoor water proof sleeping bag that can handle cold temps?  Anyone?

Rock

Offline PGAJAMIE411

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 01:09:35 AM »
Some kind of water filtration kit or knowledge of how to purify water beyond boiling.

Rock

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 09:22:40 AM »
Some kind of water filtration kit or knowledge of how to purify water beyond boiling.

Berkey Light baby!

This is all you will ever need to filter the nastiest water.  Go here and get you one http://www.berkeywater.com/start.main.html

I own this model and love it!  It will be the first thing I defend,

Rock

Offline RWS

• A PPTV Member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 10:17:22 AM »
The Swiss also have made Water Purification systems a daymn long time, and are good at it. Check out this website... http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CAMP154-41778-632.html
 This is by far the best water purification system around, and very light weight and small size makes it perfect for packing away in your BOB (Bug-out Bag). It will produce 1 quart of pure drinking water per minute and will purify up to 13,000 gallons, dependant upon quality of water source.

RWS
A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 22:3

Offline RWS

• A PPTV Member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 10:37:40 AM »
A magnifying glass is definately the poorest choice in order to create fire. Magnifying glasses are easily breakable. Here are three items which would be way better than a freaking magnifying glass, so check them out thoroughly, and buy at least two of these, so you will have a backup.

The first Item...A Magnesium Fire Starter, can be found here... http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZWA745-347-1391.html
The price for this item is only $9.97 not including shipping, and can be used thousands of times, and this item is about the same size as an ordinary bic lighter.

The second item is called a Strike Force Fire Starting system, and can be found here...
http://hqcompany.com/fire_starters.htm
 This item only costs $14.60 each, not including shipping, and can also be used thousands of times. Forget about buying up their tender packs, because tender can be found out in nature everywhere, one just has to know where to look.

The third item is called a Fresnal Lens, and can be found here at this site...
http://kensolar.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jnnqiml8
 This item will light a large log on fire in seconds, and creates so hot a beam (3000) to the point that one can melt some metals (zinc, aluminum, brass & copper). This item is also extremely lightweight and small, as is non-breakable. It sells for $12.95 not including shipping, and is a great backup device to the above items. Course, this item requires the sun to work, just as a magnifying glass does.

Oh, and good luck with trying to start a fire with an ice cube.

RWS
A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 22:3

Offline RWS

• A PPTV Member
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 10:44:10 AM »
The next item to think about is shelter.

The best that I have ever found on the market is a 3 man hexagonal camoflaged tent, and can be found here for only $29.95, not including shipping. It measures 7'8"x6'8"x48" tall. Weighs in at only 6.44 lbs.
http://www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=00&category=7&subCategory=0&catLevel=1&prodID=TI01113
 The hex shape and camoflage of this tent will help you to blend in with your surroundings more efficiently. For under $100, one could buy three of these, so you would have sleeping quarters, and storage quarters all in one small encampment.

RWS

Offline RWS

• A PPTV Member
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »
Now, as far as transportation goes....

Look into an ARGO. These can be found here... http://www.argoatv.com
The prices of these are in par with all other off road capable vehicles, but ARGO's are the ultimate BOV (Bug-out Vehicle) in that you can haul more people and gear than any other vehicle on the market today. When bugging out, you will want to stay completely away from all roads, because if Martial Law gets implemented, all roads and trails will be heavily patrolled by the NWO goonsquads. Argo's don't need roads, as they can easily make their own trails thru any terrain, including over bodies of water. Yes, they ARE Amphibious!
 Argo's also use engines that finding parts for is easy. They are extremely gas efficient, very quiet running, machines. They are slower than a 4x4, but can easily travel thru the densest woods, where a 4x4 will have no luck in. There are only two types of terrain that an Argo cannot travel over, fast moving water and lava, all else can be conquered! When it comes to bugging out safely, speed is not an option to consider. Being as safe as you can is the only option, not running full bore thru the woods, in a 4x4.

Go to the website and enter your contact information on the website, and a local dealer will get in touch with you and you can even get free test rides to check them out. The dealer will also quote you on the prices. The company that makes Argo's have been making them since 1967, and they are the true workhorse of the amphibian atv world. These things are tuff as nails! The company does not sell or share your contact details with anyone, ever!  The two best models to date, are the Frontier 6x6 and the Avenger 8x8, but stay away from the Avenger EFI 8x8, as parts would be harder to find for this model.
 The Frontier can seat 4 + Gear, and the 8x8 Avenger can seat 6 + gear, and both models can tow trailers thus increasing the amount of gear carrying capability.

Got fallen trees? Got snow? Got water? Got Bogs and swamps? Got sand? Got Mud? Got Boulders? Then get yourself the Ultimate in off-road vehicles, an ARGO!

RWS

Offline RWS

• A PPTV Member
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »
Now, lets talk about Hunting for food, and what you should use to get the job done...

In a survival situation, where there will be others looking for you, never, ever use your guns for hunting. Your guns and ammo should only be used for self-defence. Using guns to hunt with, will only get you caught faster.

There are many other not so common items that you can hunt with...
Bows & arrows.
Crossbows, both pistol and rifle models.
Blowguns.
BB or Pellet Guns.
Slingshots/Wristrockets.
Snare Traps using piano wire.
Handmade spears.
Bolo's.
These are just a few items that will allow you to hunt in silence. You should pack in your BOB (Bug-out Bag) at least two rolls of piano wire. Piano wire has a great many other uses other than making snare traps. It could also be used in making shelter, hanging pots over a fire for cooking, strapping together logs for making a raft, etc....the list could go on and on.

Another item that can silence a rifle, is to put a rubber baby nipple off a baby feeding bottle, over the barrel's end. Depending upon what caliber is being fired, one can silence between 1-3 shots, using this simple silencing device. But, I suggest strongly not ever using a firearm to hunt with, because you have to think about ammo availability and supply.

RWS

Offline jbrid1138

• Governments don't care, individuals do. MARK TWAIN
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 11:39:51 AM »

My suggestion is get some water proof container to store matches inside // Your idea of using ice to start a fire seems to me the melting effect ice would do better at putting out the fire.

Water, always a good idea to have plenty of potable water on hand.  And plenty of batteries for flashlights and radio (rechargeables probably not a good idea under certain circumstances).  Blankets, shovel, and a first aid kit are some more good advice, things to have on hand just in case, I think.

The list of important things is many but not such a good idea to allow that many to get out of control where it becomes too much to carry with you in the event you need to relocate.  It also invites others unwanted attraction in your direction (having too much stuff) and becomes a burden of trying to safe-guard the same.  A sharp knife, a good strong hammer; maybe one of those multi-purpose folding tools with pliars, screwdriver, toothpick, etc.  And of course a pistol or rifle with plenty of ammo.

If things get too bad a nice clean set of undershorts can come in handy -- always better when you have to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.  I'm not sure where that last thought came from, sorry for that.  Smile, if you can.       
We refuse to let our knowlege, however limited, be informed by your ignorance, however vast.
-- David Ray Griffin

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
 -- James Madison (Fourth President USA 1809-1817)