The Ugly Elephant in the Room: Tea Party Commentary by Olberman & Maher

Author Topic: The Ugly Elephant in the Room: Tea Party Commentary by Olberman & Maher  (Read 2145 times)

Offline oyashango

• 43 Trillion and counting
I know the flame war will probably start with the posting of this. But, here again, I feel it is necessary to note how others are perceiving the hidden agenda of the Tea Party.

I have yet to hear any insightful commentary on this issue other than the usual defacto censures or dismissives of discrediting the sources as being either “racists, divide-and-conquer monsters, Neocons, ignorant etc.,”  I find this troubling from members of this PP Forum who claim to be steeped in the reality of what is really going-on, as oppose to the “others” who have blindly “drunk the kool-aid.” 

I am not implying that wanting less government interference and demanding accountibility by our elected officials, and taking this government back from the banksters etc., is not a novel goal that we are all trying to aspire. However, if it looks like a duck, and common folks are calling it a duck, shouldn’t it at least be given some productive analysis? 

To put our heads in the sand and pretend that the comments being made by other affected groups and others is not important, I think would be a big mistake.
==========================

Keith Olberman: Racial discrimination inherent in the Tea Party movement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0y4L_Ue5HY

Bill Maher: The Tea Baggers Pining for the 1950s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqOZ-i3ISX4

Offline Triadtropz

• Gods army is real..join up..
Re: The Ugly Elephant in the Room: Tea Party Commentary by Olberman & Maher
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »
The Tea party has been hijacked by the neo-con republicans...let's get them in office so we can attack Iran God dammit.... ::) they saw a group of angry voters and just said, your with us!
one man with courage makes a majority..TJ

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:03:09 AM »
It's pretty easy to form rock solid opinions from inside your studio...  ::)

Might believe these two if I thought they had ever attended a tea party.

Could really care less what Mr. General Electric or Mr. Time Warner thinks. 

These two have become just as irrelevant as O'Reilly. 

They have basically divided the Titanic into Right and Left and are arguing over what lifeboat would be better.

"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Triadtropz

• Gods army is real..join up..
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 09:05:19 AM »

They have basically divided the Titanic into Right and Left and are arguing over what lifeboat would be better.

great analogy ...
one man with courage makes a majority..TJ