Girl, 6, Handcuffed, Committed Because Of Classroom Behavior!!!

Author Topic: Girl, 6, Handcuffed, Committed Because Of Classroom Behavior!!!  (Read 25138 times)

Offline rawiron1

Girl, 6, Handcuffed, Committed Because Of Classroom Behavior!!!
« on: February 12, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »
http://www.wpbf.com/mostpopular/22526263/detail.html

Girl, 6, Handcuffed, Committed Because Of Classroom Behavior
Parents Call Measures Extreme, But Sheriff's Office Report Says Daughter Out Of Control

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- A Port St. Lucie first-grade student was handcuffed and committed to a mental health facility because of her classroom behavior, and her parents are furious that the school took such extreme measures.

Mickey Shalansky explained Wednesday what he said happened to his 6-year-old daughter at Parkway Elementary.

"She couldn't put her in two handcuffs because her wrists are that small, so she put them both in the same handcuff and left marks on my daughter's arms," Shalansky told WPBF 25 News' Bob Kaple.

But a St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office report paints a much different picture.

Deputies said his daughter, Haley, got upset and stormed out her classroom when her teacher asked her to do something. The report said it then escalated into a temper tantrum in the principal's office.

According to the incident report, a deputy said Haley was out of control. It said she "kicked the wall, went over to the desk and threw the calculator, electric pencil sharpener, telephone, container of writing utensils and other objects across the desk."

She was then handcuffed.

"I don't think it should have had to come to this -- you know, to put a little girl, 6 years old, 37 pounds in handcuffs and take her away in a police car," Shalansky said.

Even worse is what happened the next day, Haley's parents said.

A deputy was called to the school again after Haley had another tantrum in the classroom and principal's office.

The sheriff's report said she was yelling, throwing things and hit the principal, who is eight months pregnant. This time, she wasn't handcuffed. She was committed to a mental facility.

"I was terrified," mother Kathy Franklin said. "I left work crying, terrified. Where is my baby? What are they doing with my baby?"

Haley's parents said their daughter has a temper problem, but has no history of mental illness. Her mother said the school should have called her so she could pick up her daughter rather than have her committed.

"They have looked at her here," Franklin said of the New Horizons mental health facility. "There is absolutely nothing wrong with my child. I work in daycare. I know what a child that has problems -- you know, I know how to deal with them. I know what they act like."

Shalansky said to have his daughter committed is "just wrong."

The report also said the school has contacted Haley's parents several times about setting up a meeting to discuss her behavior, but they have never shown up.

Franklin said she was supposed to meet with school officials Tuesday but had to cancel because she had car problems.

Meanwhile, her parents have kept Haley and her sister home from school.

Copyright 2010 by WPBF.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Jason the Fed

Offline Unknown

Re: Girl, 6, Handcuffed, Committed Because Of Classroom Behavior!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:52:02 AM »
Get your children out of public skoolz! Home schooling only takes a few hours a day and you don't have to worry about your children being in the custody of these scum. I only wish my parents had home schooled me, saving me from years of trauma and second-class education. In the time your family spends watching TEEVEE every night, you could be educating your children. It amazes me how so many people entrust the welfare of their children to strangers.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »
By mental facility, I assume they mean something other than a modern public school?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline Paranoid Puppet Master

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 12:01:07 PM »

"She couldn't put her in two handcuffs because her wrists are that small, so she put them both in the same handcuff and left marks on my daughter's arms," Shalansky told WPBF 25 News' Bob Kaple.

Maybe they'll come out with kiddie hand cuffs for the cops to bring to schools.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »

Homeschooling is a good idea, that is if the authoritys don't outlaw them.
They have solitary cells in some schools now, a kid acts up, he is locked up. I beleive that in one case a kid suicided.

The ol Gov will get on this, waterboarding may be the answer.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »
Yes, homeschooling is a good idea. My wife is working and most of the money that she makes goes to private school. We would have a lot easier time paying the bills if our daughter went to public school, but I'd rather have less money.

Offline uwaf

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
Yes, homeschooling is a good idea. My wife is working and most of the money that she makes goes to private school. We would have a lot easier time paying the bills if our daughter went to public school, but I'd rather have less money.

Does "private school" have different curriculum, or just higher paid teachers. If they use the same history books and civics, they are lying to the kids too. Do they talk, "saving the planet" stuff? Do they tell conspiracy theories like, God is going to save you, just believe...................in him?

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »
Does "private school" have different curriculum, or just higher paid teachers. If they use the same history books and civics, they are lying to the kids too. Do they talk, "saving the planet" stuff? Do they tell conspiracy theories like, God is going to save you, just believe...................in him?

It's not a religious school.

Offline TheHouseMan

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
People spend 8 hours at school, for often 12 years. That would make you go insane. If it doesn't, it's because you're programmed.

Offline RSHACKLEFORD

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
WHY ARE SCHOOLS CALLING POLICE BEFORE THEY CALL THE PARENTS?
I would sue the hell out of the school and teachers and anyone connected to this bullshit.

Offline unitedstrokesofamerica

• DOMO SMASH DA NWO!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »
Sick f**ks. What kid does not act up at one or more points in their lives.  1ST F###ING GRADE, WTF.  School = Prison. We used to joke about it but now it is fact.
"You gotta remember, establishment, it’s just a name for evil. The monster doesn’t care whether it kills all the students or whether there’s a revolution. It’s not thinking logically, it’s out of control."
— John Lennon (1969)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEej1feA9N8

PullMyFinger

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 07:14:46 PM »
WHY ARE SCHOOLS CALLING POLICE BEFORE THEY CALL THE PARENTS?
I would sue the hell out of the school and teachers and anyone connected to this bullshit.
That is something that bothers me a LOT. If there is a # on record for a parent/guardian it gets USED unless the child requires emt .

Anti_Illuminati

Girl-6, Handcuffed, Committed to Mental Institution for temper tantrum in class
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- A Port St. Lucie first-grade student was handcuffed and committed to a mental health facility because of her classroom behavior, and her parents are furious that the school took such extreme measures.

Mickey Shalansky explained Wednesday what he said happened to his 6-year-old daughter at Parkway Elementary.

Deputies said his daughter, Haley, got upset and stormed out her classroom when her teacher asked her to do something. The report said it then escalated into a temper tantrum in the principal's office.

According to the incident report, a deputy said Haley was out of control. It said she "kicked the wall, went over to the desk and threw the calculator, electric pencil sharpener, telephone, container of writing utensils and other objects across the desk."

She was then handcuffed.

"I don't think it should have had to come to this -- you know, to put a little girl, 6 years old, 37 pounds in handcuffs and take her away in a police car," Shalansky said.

A deputy was called to the school again after Haley had another tantrum in the classroom and principal's office.

The sheriff's report said she was yelling, throwing things and hit the principal, who is eight months pregnant. This time, she wasn't handcuffed. She was committed to a mental facility.

"I was terrified," mother Kathy Franklin said. "I left work crying, terrified. Where is my baby? What are they doing with my baby?"

Haley's parents said their daughter has a temper problem, but has no history of mental illness. Her mother said the school should have called her so she could pick up her daughter rather than have her committed.

"They have looked at her here," Franklin said of the New Horizons mental health facility. "There is absolutely nothing wrong with my child. I work in daycare. I know what a child that has problems -- you know, I know how to deal with them. I know what they act like."

The report also said the school has contacted Haley's parents several times about setting up a meeting to discuss her behavior, but they have never shown up.

Franklin said she was supposed to meet with school officials Tuesday but had to cancel because she had car problems.

Offline xereau

• Thread Killer
Girl-6, Handcuffed, Committed to Mental Institution for temper tantrum in class
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 09:57:08 AM »
This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to do bad things.
Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex. --  Frank Zappa

Offline EchelonMonitor

• Infowars Ning Network--upload your photos for posting in the forum
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 02:57:35 AM »
School officials and the parents are insane--not the little girl.

Why would the parents send the girl back to the same school the day after she had been put in handcuffs?

Offline al0152

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 04:42:27 AM »

Why would the parents send the girl back to the same school the day after she had been put in handcuffs?

AGREED!!!
Live free....or DIE HARD!!!

There is no right in war.....only one that is left - Bertrand Russell

What goes up does not necessarily go down, and vice versa.......

Offline al0152

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 02:02:08 PM »

Parents Call Measures Extreme, But Sheriff's Office Report Says Daughter Out Of Control

THIS IS INSANE!!!!! She's just a LITTLE KID!!!!

She was then handcuffed.

Copyright 2010 by WPBF.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Live free....or DIE HARD!!!

There is no right in war.....only one that is left - Bertrand Russell

What goes up does not necessarily go down, and vice versa.......

sambru

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 02:03:51 AM »
People spend 8 hours at school, for often 12 years. That would make you go insane. If it doesn't, it's because you're programmed.

Offline gloryofspring

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
My mother is working as a teacher for 3-4th graders. One girl there has some kind of autism or whatever it is, runs around throwing airplanes, disturbing the other classmates instead of doing the assignemnts. One day she apparently chased another student with a needle. Her parents seem to be equally as mental.

The school here in Sweden doesn't allow a teacher to do anything with the children, apparently not even to send them out.

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 02:05:57 PM »
New Link cause site migrated:

10 February 2010
, Port St. Lucie, Fla. (WPBF)
http://www.wpbf.com/news/south-florida/Palm-Beach-County-News/Girl-6-Handcuffed-Committed-Because-Of-Classroom-Behavior/-/8815578/9217304/-/11ldyfrz/-/index.html
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

Offline Owais

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 02:33:26 AM »
Parents should Admitted their children any Home School.

Offline BluePhoenix729

• `Don´t focus on death, for you won´t live life.`
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »
There has to be a reason why the girl was spacing out like that. I wonder if she was involved in some kind of occult scheme. . . . .
`Don´t focus on death, for you won´t live life.`