Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

Author Topic: Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!  (Read 10317 times)

kushfiend

Re: Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:12:29 am »
when i worked at papa johns I knew a guy who worked on the "inside" (i was a delivery driver) who took a dump in the pepperoni.  things like that were common there, yet another reason I always cook my own food.

you DON'T want to know how much food you order is messed with!  trust me!

Offline WebDeveloperForTruth

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:17:11 am »
yup. It's called "half and half" cheese. 50% cheese, 50% other. All major pizza chains use it. only eat at your local chains. If the cheese turns to plastic looking stuff after a few hours of cooking, it's not real cheese.

Pizza Hut cheese always looked more plastic-like (even right after it gets out of the oven) than any other pizza chain though.

Offline rawiron1

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 10:23:50 am »
Tip well and never mess with the staff.  If you do you will get the "special sauce".

:D

Jason
Jason the Fed

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 10:25:02 am »
So when do the class action lawsuits begin?

http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=4855
Silicone Based Chemical in Pizza Huts Cheese is Polymethylsiloxane

Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

In this issue, writer John Bunting details how Pizza Huts cheese supplier Leprino Foods uses a silicone-based industrial chemical in the patented manufacturing of Pizza Cheese

That chemical Polymethylsiloxane has no FDA approval for use as a food ingredient.

Polymethylsiloxane is sold by Dow-Corning as Antifoam FG 10 .

THIS MATERIAL IS APPROVED BY FDA FOR USE IN FOOD PLANTS ONLY AS AN ANTI-FOAMING AGENT FOR BOILER WATER.

In its patented manufacturing process, Leprino Foods liberally sprays Polydimethylsiloxane on cheese granules . Leprinos Pizza Cheese supplied to Pizza Huts contains about 900 parts per million of Polymethylsiloxane: 90 times higher residue concentration than FDA allows when Polymethylsiloxane is used as a boiler water anti- foaming agent.

Repeat: Polydimethylsiloxane has no FDA approval as a safe food ingredient. It is a violation of FDA rules to use an unapproved ingredient in human foods. Silicone is amazing stuff.

In its various forms, silicone may enhance the female anatomy (ala amply-endowed actress Pamela Anderson). Silicone products can caulk seams around the bathtub to seal out water. Silicone compounds are used for lubricants. However, using silicone products in human foods is a novel, if extra-legal, application.

Leprino Foods, the worlds largest Italian cheese manufacturer, is the nearly exclusive supplier of Pizza Cheese to the 6000+ Pizza Hut restaurants in the U.S. Leprino is based in Denver, Colorado. To control costs (and boost profits), Leprino Foods uses patented manufacturing processes that add large volumes of water, salt and food starch to so-called granules of Pizza Cheese prior to flash-freezing.

Food starch is a particularly profitable addition to processed foods, since food starch holds ten times its own weight in water.

All that food starch, water and salt in the Leprinos Pizza Cheese creates problems for both cooking and refrigerated shelf-life. To solve these cooking problems, Leprinos patented process for making cheese granules sprays 1.75 parts of a water-based spray containing 0.05% Dow-Corning Antifoam FG 10 for each 100 parts cheese.

Yield: 900 parts per million of Antifoam FG 10 (generically known as Polydimethylsiloxane) in the Pizza Cheese that Leprino sells to Pizza Hut. Polydimethylsiloxane is approved by FDA in food industry use only as an anti-foaming agent for boiler water in plants processing non-standardized foods. FDApermits no use of Dow-Corning Antifoam FG 10 directly in or on foods. FDA does allow up to 10 parts per million of Polydimethylsiloxane residues in food products, as residue from the products use as a boiler water anti-foaming agent. The 900 ppm of Polydimethylsiloxane in Leprinos Pizza Cheese that Pizza Hut puts on its pizzas is 90 times FDAs legal limit for indirect residues of that chemical in food products.

Follow the trail of evidence … Trace the evidence … from Pizza Hut back to Leprino Foods patents. Start with an empty box of Pizza Cheese liberated from a dumpster behind a Pizza Hut. The contents were Pizza Huts Pizza Cheese Weight (when full): 15 lbs.

The box contains a statement noting the product is packaged exclusively for use by Pizza Hut Inc., its franchises and licensees Leprino Foods is obviously the supplier. The USDA plant number (identifying the cheese plant at which the product was made) is Plant No. 26-930

Thats Leprinos plant at Allendale, Michigan. The box also notes U.S. Patent No. 4894245 and other patents pending Leprino Foods received U.S. patent #4894245 for coated cheese granules in 1990 (among many other cheesy patents that Leprino holds). That patents abstract states: Coated frozen cheese granules are prepared by freezing the granules and applying an aqueous coating containing one or more modifying additives.

On baking the cheese the additives in the frozen coatings distribute throughout the cheese to obtain modifications of flavor and other properties The abstract from Leprino patent #4894245 clearly states that the aqueous coating (Polymethylsiloxane) is contained in the cheese of the finished, cooked pizza silicone-based substance in the cheese atop Pizza Hut pizzas. Leprino patent #494245 reveals detailed information about the role of the cheese emulsifiers:

When the coated frozen cheese is applied to pizzas and baked thereon, the coatings will liquify first. This permits the flavor additive and/or emulsi- fier to spread over and into the cheese particles as their outer surfaces become thawed . . . Cheese emulsifiers applied in this way can function to soften the outer portions of the cheese granules. This will improve melting and fusing of the granules

Leprino patent #494245 targets the emulsifier: A silicone emulsifier (Dow Corning FG-10) is mixed with water to form a 0.05% emulsifier solution. This solution is sprayed on the frozen cheese granules at a rate of 1.75 parts of solution per 100 parts by weight of cheese. This should achieve a final content of around 0.09% emulsifier on the cheese No compliance with mandatory GRAS rules The federal Food and Drug Administration re- quires ingredients used in human foods to comply with the Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) rules, which specify that each food ingredient developed after 1958 must meet exacting safety tests. Polydimethylsiloxane does not appear on FDAs Web site as a GRAS-approved food ingredient.

A call to Dow-Corning headquarters in Midland, Michigan yielded the statement that no Dow products complied with GRAS. However, information faxed by a Dow-Corning representative stated: Dow-Corning Antifoam FG 10 complies with FDA regulation 21 CFR.173.310, which covers secondary direct food additives used as defoaming agents and allows concentration of up to 10 parts per mil- lion active silicone (Polydimethylsiloxane) in non standardized foods

Section 173.310 is limited to boiler water additives in food processing plants and has nothing to do with cheese or cheese-type products that a consumer might ingest.

Clearly, Leprino Foods use of Dow-Corning Antifoam FG 10 as an agent contained in an aqueous solution sprayed directly on cheese granules does not conform with FDAs rules governing ingredients used in human foods.

More on the link
 http://www.themilkweed.com/Feature_06_Jan.pdf

and
 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=Ldh&q=Polymethylsiloxane+cheese&btnG=Search

"A simple trip the to Dow Corning website shows that this product complies with FDA Regulation 21 CFR 173.340, which covers secondary direct food additives used as degoaming agents. 21 CFR 173.310 is indeed for boiler additives. 21 CFR 173.340 is for Defoaming Agents.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/FCF173.html)

Additionally, I think the data sheet on the website says the product has only 10% actives. So instead of 900ppm (which per the above should be 875ppm) using the above calculation it would only be 87.5ppm.

Additionally, is there loss of this during spraying or evaporation somewhere in the process? Etc. Etc.

I don't know if the above is correct, but there are enough errors in the above article (including the name of the active ingredient), that I'd follow the facts if you can find them, not the "evidence" listed above.
By chemwatson: posted on 17-1-2009"

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 10:51:58 am »
Hmmm, the article that is from is almost two years old, and the original article the info was taken from is almost 4 years old.

So I guess nothing has been done about this.
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline powderfinger

• Back in the USSA
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:55:15 am »
http://www.themilkweed.com/Pizza_Cheese_Update_March_2006.pdf

Leprino Foods: No Polydimethylsiloxane in Pizza Cheese
by Pete Hardin

Leprino Foods senior vice president for marketing and sales, Robert D. Boynton, has asserted that
his company is not using polydimethylsiloxane in the manufacture of Leprino’s “Pizza Cheese” sold to
Pizza Hut. Boynton’s assertion was made in a terse, February 17, 2006 letter sent to The Milkweed. The
entire letter is reprinted on this page.

Boynton’s letter was written in response to an article appearing in the February 2006 issue titled,
“Clean Up Pizza Hut’s Silicone-Laden Cheese!”

Boynton claims that Leprino is not using polydimethylsiloxane in “Pizza Cheese” produced under
U.S. Patent #4,894,245. Boynton claims that the 18-year old patent (issued to Leprino Foods), which is
listed on boxes of “Pizza Cheese”, is not relevant.

“Your false statements appear to be based on your reading of an eighteen year old Leprino patent,
and a factually baseless leap to the conclusion that Leprino must practice every facet of any patent ever
granted to it,” Boynton’s letter steamed.

Boynton implicitly threatened legal action by Leprino if The Milkweed did not act in a manner considered
appropriate to Leprino Foods.

Boynton’s letter did not acknowledge or deny prior use by Leprino Foods of polydimethylsiloxane
in manufacture of its “Pizza Cheese.” Based upon what further information The Milkweed has gleaned
about polydimethylsiloxane, it is good that Leprino Foods is not presently using that chemical in its “Pizza
Cheese”. (See accompanying article.)

Thus, we may conclude that Pizza Hut’s “Pizza Cheese” has been cleaned up. Therefore, any consumer concerns about polydimethyl-siloxane in foods should not be directed at Pizza Hut. Instead, concerns should be directed at the FDA, which has approved use of that chemical in food.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 11:01:57 am »
I get genuine Red Leicester and real Stilton

The answer is to buy real cheese from the market.

Give your money to real people, not some Corp.
Support your local farmers etc... Oh incidentally its cheaper, tastier as a bonus.

Don't get brainwashed into visiting these mega corp run stores / pizza hut or what ever.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 11:03:40 am »
Awesome, not not only do they run a full search on your phone, home, person, for any collections activities to then submit to  police for 50% incentive on recovery, they also poison your food.

We can only guess when they will be getting a bailout.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 11:04:22 am »

Around here Pizza Hut Pizza has gone down hill in the last 5 years.  We don't buy it because their sauce is too sweet ( high fructose corn syrup).  Of course there are all the gmo's in the flour (crust)

http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/PDF/ph_ingredients.pdf
  Sweet Pizza Sauce (Pizza Hut)
Tomato paste, water, high fructose corn syrup, salt, dry garlic, spices, and citric acid.

kushfiend

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 11:05:18 am »
I get genuine Red Leicester and real Stilton

The answer is to buy real cheese from the market.

Give your money to real people, not some Corp.
Support your local farmers etc... Oh incidentally its cheaper, tastier as a bonus.

Don't get brainwashed into visiting these mega corp run stores / pizza hut or what ever.

my point exactly EG!  Learn to cook your own pizzas!  Twice as cheap, twice as delicious, and ten times as fun to eat!  Cooking your own food also leaves you feeling accomplished.  

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 11:07:00 am »
my point exactly EG!  Learn to cook your own pizzas!  Twice as cheap, twice as delicious, and ten times as fun to eat!  Cooking your own food also leaves you feeling accomplished.  

Your quiet right 'Grizzly Adams', Ill just add that home made pizza contains roughly 50% less FAT.
A home made pizza is good for you, and not junk food.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline Edgar

• ye should earnestly contend for the faith
    • Crossover Ministries
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 11:08:46 am »
Great job, thanks for the heads up. SHTF
The King James Bible is not a version. It is the Bible.
Psalms 119:140  Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Offline SpeakUpFightBack

• voxOnox.com
    • voxOnox.com
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 12:02:39 pm »
yup. It's called "half and half" cheese. 50% cheese, 50% other. All major pizza chains use it. only eat at your local chains. If the cheese turns to plastic looking stuff after a few hours of cooking, it's not real cheese.

I always wondered how they got the crust to puff up so high!

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4894245.pdf

http://www.wikipatents.com/4894245.html

Wow... and thanks!!!

Tip well and never mess with the staff.  If you do you will get the "special sauce".

:D

Jason

I think the point here is that you get the 'special' eugenics sauce regardless of how you tip/treat the service.

when i worked at papa johns I knew a guy who worked on the "inside" (i was a delivery driver) who took a dump in the pepperoni.  things like that were common there, yet another reason I always cook my own food.

I worked at McDonalds for three summers circa 1994-1996. I worked in the 'back'. Among our many exploits, we loved tossing a frozen hamburger or sausage patty on the floor and shooting them with broomsticks down the hallway to the storage area. Occasionally, the cover to the giant ice maker, which sat in the 'sink alcove' between the back/grill area and storage, would be open and we would take aim, which required a trajectory including ricochet. Only once on my shift did we ever hit the mark. Needless to say I never used ice in my drinks going forward. And we were the 'morning' crew. The good guys. We were mostly pranksters. The stories from the night crews were so outrageous - hershey squirts on the grill, pouring cat urine in the fry vacs, etc - I eventually stopped eating out for about 5-6 years, my healthiest years.

"To revolt is a natural tendency of life. Even a worm turns against the foot that crushes it. In general, the vitality and relative dignity of an animal can be measured by the intensity of its instinct to revolt." - Mikhail Bakunin

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 12:09:18 pm »

This is shocking.  I lived in a town where the workers spit their chewing tobacco into the cheese but this is off the charts.

Yes, the best pizza is homemade---unless you are Tiger Woods.

carlee

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 12:14:33 pm »

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 12:16:01 pm »
It's people!  Soylent Green is people!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline trailhound

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 12:33:50 pm »
Tastes like shit, makes sense. Good pizza and pizza hut bear no resemblance.

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Devotional Soul

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 12:35:24 pm »
Well, I'm glad I never ate that stuff because I thought it had cow stomach lining in it (aka rennet).  Most cheeses have rennet in them.  

Making cheese is so simple, all you need is milk and lemon juice and salt.  

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 12:36:48 pm »
Tastes like shit, makes sense. Good pizza and pizza hut bear no resemblance.

The crust on that shit is so greasy it turns my stomach.

I can't remember the last time I had Pizza Slut pizza.

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 12:37:40 pm »
Well, I'm glad I never ate that stuff because I thought it had cow stomach lining in it (aka rennet).  Most cheeses have rennet in them.  

Making cheese is so simple, all you need is milk and lemon juice and salt.  

GMO-Microbial rennet (see below) is used more often in industrial cheesemaking in North America today because it is less expensive than animal rennet, whereas cheese from Europe is more likely to be made from animal rennet due to tradition.

Global Gulag

Piltdown Man

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 12:44:05 pm »
imho
there is nothing edible in any convenience store either...

sometimes on the road, i have a craving for something when i stop for gas...i go in a convenience store and just stare at the shelves.  am/pm 7/11, center markets; you name it; nothing in there to eat.

there is literally nothing recognizable as food on the shelves.
sadly many live off this "food"

i end up going hungry and happy to get home to a forest of kale ready to pick and steam

carlee

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 01:02:36 pm »
imho
there is nothing edible in any convenience store either...

sometimes on the road, i have a craving for something when i stop for gas...i go in a convenience store and just stare at the shelves.  am/pm 7/11, center markets; you name it; nothing in there to eat.

there is literally nothing recognizable as food on the shelves.
sadly many live off this "food"

i end up going hungry and happy to get home to a forest of kale ready to pick and steam

I know what you mean luckly the ones where I live do carry bananas .

Piltdown Man

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 01:08:21 pm »

nice
 i don't think they've gmo'd bananas  :)

Offline Joe(WI)

• Knowledge
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 02:18:20 pm »
Any word on what Little Seizures Pizza is made of? *shudder* THAT stuff is EPA toxic, and needs a MSDS! Gawd, I guess kids eating glue is better than that stuff. Sauce is more like paint, Red dye #3, etc...

And thanks so much for putting me off further from Jabba the Hut products  :-X

btw, the least toxic item in my pantry is a mousey. Nobody adulterated that, but I think I'll take a pass on it all the same. Please pass the squirrel.
The number, 666, has been changed. The new number is, 999.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 02:42:12 pm »

You don't happen to live in Wawa Land, do you?

???

—Thomas Jefferson

luckee1

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 03:41:51 pm »
When I worked for Pizza Hut, I would go home and the only way to clean my skin was to take one of those green scrub pads and scrub myself near raw to get the ick off.  I knew then that there was a serious problem with the product.

Offline SUPREMEMASTER

• Commander
    • http://www.activismoverdrive.comze.com
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 03:44:20 pm »
...OMG...That's news to me. :-X

Isn't silicone not meant to be edible? Or.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicone

Cool mobile phone case!

Seriously though, WTF?!  :o

Putting silicone in food?! That's just plain WRONG!
Automatic User Post Signature:
The message has to be put out in the right way.
Website Still Needs to be updated |ActivismOverDrive.comze.net|

Offline 7D7

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 03:53:23 pm »
 I know what you mean luckily the ones where I live do carry bananas .

Exactly! thats all I can ever bring myself to buy while in one of these stores. I find it hilarious that in some of the Mobiles, the cashier tries to suggestive sell me candy as I purchase a Banana. All I have to do is shoot a look and I get the overly rehearsed speech about "I know, I know, but it's my job to ask" and we share a laugh.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 05:06:33 pm »
They put it in your french fries also. Approved by the WHO! Check this out:
http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v06je42.htm
http://bigspud.com/files/pfriesbestoil.htm

Today they use.
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.categories.ingredients.index.html#2

French Fries: French Fries, Salt
French Fries: Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor
(beef source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural
color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain
partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil
and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or
sunflower oil and/or corn oil). TBHQ and citric acid added to help preserve
freshness. Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an anti-foaming agent.

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Devotional Soul

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 06:25:48 pm »
McDonald's fries can stand the test of time, lol!  Vegetarians may be grossed out by this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnvzLU1I1o

Offline portuguese anarchist

• Union of European Socialist States prisoner
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 06:41:39 pm »
One thing I remember, when I went to pick up a pizza at the local Pizza Hut, some years ago, is seeing a guy there spraying something from an aerosol can over the pizza before putting it in the box and delivering it to me.
I think the person I went there to pick up the pizza for told me it was just to make it more "shiny".
Does anyone know what the hell that aerosol is?

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 07:05:36 pm »
McDonald's fries can stand the test of time, lol!  Vegetarians may be grossed out by this video.

Very interesting! It's called preservatives!
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline trailhound

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 11:19:22 pm »

The 1/4 pounders do too! My buddy left a 1/2 eaten one in his garage underneith a chilton manual for like a month and it looked the same as the day he was eating it. :P

At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 11:41:32 pm »
The 1/4 pounders do too! My buddy left a 1/2 eaten one in his garage underneith a chilton manual for like a month and it looked the same as the day he was eating it. :P

Some guy has a "museum" of McDonald's food.  Some of the burgers are years old but they look just like fresh ones.

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline trailhound

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 11:45:01 pm »
Some guy has a "museum" of McDonald's food.  Some of the burgers are years old but they look just like fresh ones.

:P I'll bet that crap gets stuck in the intestines

Offline NWOSCUM

• "Yuppie Scum"
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2009, 11:46:56 pm »

I tried it personally with some McD's cheesburgers for 3 months.   They indeed look like fresh ones. Scary......
"The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, and their power of forgetting is enormous." --Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf"

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2009, 12:24:20 am »
I tried it personally with some McD's cheesburgers for 3 months.   They indeed look like fresh ones. Scary......

http://www.bionicburger.com/

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline NWOSCUM

• "Yuppie Scum"
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2009, 12:39:42 am »
http://www.bionicburger.com/

That's what inspired me.  It really was disgusting.  But they do taste good fresh.  :-\
"The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, and their power of forgetting is enormous." --Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf"