PrisonPlanet Forum
July 29, 2014, 10:58:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Our nation will fall from within"  (Read 2992 times)
Infowarrior.45

« on: December 10, 2009, 08:01:22 AM »

Does anybody know of the exact quote (from our founding fathers, I believe) that says our country will not fall from outside threats, but will only fall from within?  Thanks!
luckee1
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:19:36 AM »

This quote is taken from a speech Nikita Khrushchev made before the U.N. in the early years of the Cold War. "America will fall without a shot being fired. It will fall from within."

Infowarrior.45

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:24:59 AM »

Thanks!  I do believe though, and I'm quite certain that there was a somewhat similar quote by one of the founding fathers.  It was probably in a slightly altered form, but the general idea was that America was strong enough to stand up against any attacks from the outside...the danger was from the inside.  I believe I saw it not that long ago while scanning through some quotes. 
rawiron1

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:30:26 AM »

Thomas Jefferson perhaps?

"a republic, if you can keep it"

Jason

Jason the Fed
ThomasPaineUSA

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:32:59 AM »

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison

Infowarrior.45

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »

Yes, actually I do believe the quote I'm looking for was by Thomas Jefferson.  However, the quote you cited was actually by Benjamin Franklin just after the close of the Constitutional Convention, and it's not exactly the one I was thinking of.  Thanks though...I appreciate it!!  
Infowarrior.45

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 08:36:24 AM »

Thanks "ThomasPaineUSA"!  Those were definitely the types of quotes I was looking for. 
William Rausch

I am not a number. I am a free man!

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 08:39:41 AM »

luckee1:

Khrushchev was, hopefully, wrong about the US, but his own USSR fell, from within, first.

No. 6:  What do you want?

No. 2:  Information.  Information.  Information.

No. 6:  Well, you won't get it.

No. 2:  By hook or by crook, we will.
luckee1
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »

I understand all that, I was helping find the actual quote.  Was not forming opinion or anything on the matter.
William Rausch

I am not a number. I am a free man!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »

luckee1:

I didn't say you were forming an opinion on the matter, and I understand that you were just trying to find the quote.  I wasn't arguing with you.  I was just pondering the irony of Khrushchev's statement concerning the US in the light of the subsequent history of his own state.

No. 6:  What do you want?

No. 2:  Information.  Information.  Information.

No. 6:  Well, you won't get it.

No. 2:  By hook or by crook, we will.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: