COMCAST/Bilderberg/GE/NBC/Universal plan for mind control...IT IS COMCASTIC!

Author Topic: COMCAST/Bilderberg/GE/NBC/Universal plan for mind control...IT IS COMCASTIC!  (Read 9992 times)

Offline James

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comcast Corp struck a deal to buy a majority stake in NBC Universal from General Electric Co, creating a media superpower that would control not just how TV shows and movies are made, but how they are delivered to the home.

The deal has been discussed for months and brought to light deep divisions within the media business over its future, with some lauding Comcast Chief Executive Officer Brian Roberts as a visionary and others calling it the most foolhardy acquisition since AOL bought Time Warner Inc in 2001.

Under the terms of the deal, Comcast, the largest U.S. cable service provider, will contribute $6.5 billion in cash and its own cable TV networks to take a 51 percent stake in NBC Universal, which owns TV networks, a movie studio, theme parks and local TV stations. GE will keep a 49 percent stake.

The two sides said in a release on Thursday that the deal valued NBC Universal businesses at $30 billion. They valued the Comcast businesses that will be part of the deal at $7.25 billion.

GE cleared the way for the deal by getting Vivendi SA's agreement to sell its 20 percent stake in NBC Universal for $5.8 billion.

(Reporting by Paul Thomasch; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)

Offline James

Re: Comcast, GE unveil NBC Universal deal
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:04:28 AM »
WTF is the FCC doing? Nothing as usual? sigh.

Offline TheHouseMan

The Bilderberg/GE/NBC/Universal plan for mond control...IT IS COMCASTIC!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:11:51 AM »
So.... it's still corporate media, but it's no longer owned by a military contractor. This may, I cross my fingers, lead to less fake liberal "anti-war before Bush", "pro war after Bush" BS. But I doubt it.

http://gizmodo.com/5416431/comcast-buying-nbc-from-ge-is-a-done-deal

Comcast Buying NBC From GE is a Done Deal

Comcast's acquisition of NBC from GE is a done deal reports David Faber on CNBC. All that needs to be done is paper work at this point. The deal should be announced Thursday morning, says Faber.

This is hardly a surprise. After yesterday's news that GE would buy its NBC stake from Vivendi for $5.8 billion, the closing of the deal was basically a formality.

Now comes the next phase of hard work. The deal is expected to take a year to fully close, as the government scrutinizes it.

Offline wfy9621

Just want to say: FU TWCable. I killed my TV yesterday. Had the cable shut off. I'll be using the internet--only real info is there, and only place I can learn about what really matters in life.

FU TW Cable--starve the beast

I am an American citizen, not an "American consumer".

PullMyFinger

Just want to say: FU TWCable. I killed my TV yesterday. Had the cable shut off. I'll be using the internet--only real info is there, and only place I can learn about what really matters in life.

FU TW Cable--starve the beast

Congrats:D We still have ours,no control over that but I don't watch it.More important things to do.