The Shining (1980)

Author Topic: The Shining (1980)  (Read 187976 times)

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
Re: Stunning Secrets Of Kubrick's 'The Shining'
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 05:44:46 PM »
Apollo was the Sun God in Greece.  He rode a flaming chariot across the sky.

Dr. Manhattan riding across the Martian sky in his Clockwork Sun.

Do these people seem to have a fascination with time?

Kubrick changed the ending of The Shining.  The evil hotel survives, while it's minion...Jack Torrance...would appear to have gained some form of immortality.  Stephen King hated the ending.  His story was about alcoholism destroying men...making them susceptible to evil.  In the book both Jack Torrance and the Overlook are destroyed.

You know, Viper, it's quite possible that Kubrick put the Apollo stuff in there because of existing moon hoax theories involving him and Arthur C Clarke.  Or, perhaps, he just had a thing for Apollo...seems to be popular even today.

The New Age will be delicious...

"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Zephiloyd

• Destroy The New World Order
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
according to wiki

The average centre-to-centre distance from the Earth to the Moon is 384,403 kilometres (238,857 mi)

239=237 (?)

+ the actual apollo journey from surface to surface would be less that that

average surface to surface distance is 234 kilomiles. We need someone with "moon-earth distance on a specific day" calculating software  :D

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2010, 06:01:55 PM »

Eating Apollo - precious
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Viper

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »
Thanks for the Apollo /Dr. Manhattan insight 37, which movie is the above pic from please?

"Lost"

Got it.

Offline 37

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »
The television show Lost.

Did you guys catch AJ's interview with Buzz Aldrin.  In the first two minutes Aldrin describes men "coming down out of the trees and making wheels and then cars and then spaceships..."  Straight out of 2001.  He also mentions a monolith...on Phobos.  Mentions ancient egypt, ETs and the possibility of Earth's destruction.  Oh, and he mentioned that he was more than willing to pander to the public's ignorance in order to achieve a goal. 

High Priest...

Channel 37

Viper

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2010, 06:17:38 PM »
..Did you guys catch AJ's interview with Buzz Aldrin...

I'll get that interview and throw it up on this thread, i like your "high priest" reference. :)

Viper

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2010, 06:49:53 PM »
Alex Jones interviews Buzz Aldrin Aug 09 /64k (Direct copy from pp.tv)

Alex on NASA: "I believe we're being lied to."

Offline 37

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
Definitely check out what Alex says after Buzz leaves...Jones definitely felt the vibe Aldrin was putting out. 

He even lists the points I made.

Channel 37

Viper

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »
Definitely check out what Alex says after Buzz leaves...Jones definitely felt the vibe Aldrin was putting out.  
He even lists the points I made.

I caught this one live but it's great to re-visit sometimes for sure.

@17:50 mins Alex: "Are you saying we might be Martians?"  :D

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »

Tesla with King Peter II of Yugoslavia at the Hotel New Yorker July 15, 1942.

It is strange that Tesla, one of the most brilliant inventors ever, would die penniless and his “trusted assistant", according to Otto Skorzeny and some strangely corroborating records, was “George H. Scherff, Sr.” Tesla died January 6, 1943.

George HW Bush is most certainly Prescott's son - Really?
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Edgar

• ye should earnestly contend for the faith
    • Crossover Ministries
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »
very interesting
The King James Bible is not a version. It is the Bible.
Psalms 119:140  Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Viper

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 07:59:57 AM »

The Fifth Dimension "Aquarius /Let The Sunshine In" (1969)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegRh8Z4H-o

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 08:39:39 AM »

The Fifth Dimension "Aquarius /Let The Sunshine In" (1969)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegRh8Z4H-o

Isn't that a total illuminati image?

Anyway, that was from 2001, not the Shining.

Shit this thread gould go supernova if we add 2001.

Anyone second an idea of having a room just dedicated to Kubrick films?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

worcesteradam

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »
is there a film room at the moment?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »
is there a film room at the moment?

there is a video room, could do it as a sub-room of that room.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Djævlen

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »
Isn't that a total illuminati image?

Anyway, that was from 2001, not the Shining.

Shit this thread gould go supernova if we add 2001.

Anyone second an idea of having a room just dedicated to Kubrick films?

shit yes. Kubrick is the master.
“The devil is only a convenient myth invented by the real malefactors of our world”

-R.A. Wilson

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:20 AM »
shit yes. Kubrick is the master.

one more yes vote and it will be done

Offline corbettreport

• The Corbett Report
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »

yes

Offline URpwneddude

• "You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2010, 09:59:34 AM »
Absolutely, yes.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2010, 10:16:57 AM »

"Your money's no good here...orders from the house"
"Orders from the house?"
"Drink up Mr. Torrance"
"I'm the kinda man likes to know who's buying their drinks Lloyd"
"It's not a matter that concerns you Mr. Torrence...at least not at this point"
"Anything you say Lloyd...anything you say"

This conversation also struck me as most remarkable or awkward especially "... at least not at this point" as if there is more to it and has to be revealed later.

You could think about this conversation Stanley Kubrick must have had with some CIA/JPL/NASA spook telling him as an in between contact person in the hierarchy "Orders from the house" in which "The House" is someone at the top of the pyramid organization who usually never show their face so that Kubrick never knew who that was. That's also how these blackop organizations function in reality like in the secret society Masonic tradition.

Because Kubrick was already deeply involved into this project and found out how dangerous these people can be (think about the killing of the three Apollo 1 (Saturn 204 (AS-204) members) he had to go along with it which is totally against his nature: "Anything you say Lloyd...anything you say"
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

Offline 37

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »
Kubrick at 2001 opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKHuyhhyuM

Maybe Jack doesn't have to worry because the Master isn't home, yet.  Perhaps Kubrick chose the Shining for little more than the title.  He changed several key points of the story.  Plus, it plays with time in a way that wasn't in King's book.  As if, Kubrick wasn't satisfied with the ending, he changed it.  The Overlook survives, and Jack Torrance has only lost his life in this time/dimension.  King punished these two characters in his book...they were destroyed, utterly.  And what, it wouldn't have been a more spectacular ending to see the Overlook explode in the snowy darkness?

Perhaps, the real story is about waiting for the Master to return.  Maybe the "Shining" Kubrick is talking about is different than the one King was talking about.  I have no doubt that is the reason Emmerich chose the trailer music he did for 2012.  Perhaps, these people are waiting to see a new star, heralding the return of the Master.  Coming to collect...  This idea could fit into the Planet X/Nibiru propaganda or the Maitreya propaganda...both of which have serious Theosophical Society connections.

Here's a really interesting look at 2001 and the belief that Kubrick hid messages in his films. 

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY meaning of the monolith revealed 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P95NWAHWLrc

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY meaning of the monolith revealed 2 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiXR-pUrldw&feature=related

Channel 37

Offline centexan

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:17 PM »
So, what music did Emmerich use for the 2012 trailer?

As I recall, I thought at the time of reading King's book (before the movie was released), that King had written an allegory about the Anglo-American empire riding roughshod over American Indians.  And I think Kubrick carried some of that over into the movie.

Lloyd the bartender....

When Nicholson & family are being shown around the hotel, the manager says they remove the liquor from the ballroom when they shut down to reduce the insurance they have to carry.  Then later, Jack Torrance goes to that same ballroom bar for his hallucination.  He sees Lloyd the bartender.

Lloyd + insurance makes me think of Lloyds of London, the world's most famous insurance company.

And the center of the financial world is in the City of London, and Lloyd tells Torrance that his money's no good there.

Could be that Kubrick was commenting on how Americans are just carrying the ball for the British Empire, a conclusion I arrived at long ago.  Lloyd is just there as insurance, to make sure the owners of the place are always in control.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2010, 11:53:02 PM »

Since when do we get a vote on anything here?

:D
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline hal 9000

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2010, 03:24:27 AM »
I could talk about this movie all night. It is one of my favorite films of all time. I will never forget seeing it for the first time in the theater back in the summer of 1980 when it was released. I recognized it for the masterpiece it is right off the bat, but had no idea at the time how much information is hidden deep inside it's deceptively simple storyline.

A guy named Rob Ager has done some really fascinating analysis of it http://www.collativelearning.com/the%20shining%20-%20chap%2016.html
 Watch his video's on YouTube sometime. Along with the possible Apollo 11 subliminals, he found a very disturbing hidden storyline suggesting child molestation of the little boy Danny (Danny Lloyd) by his father Jack (Jack Nicholson). An intriguing clue as to Jack Torrence's homosexuality can be seen in a brief shot early on, when the Torrence family first arrives at the hotel. In this shot, Jack is waiting in the lobby for his employers to arrive and show him and wife Wendy around the hotel. Take a look at what magazine Jack is reading as he waits in the lobby -

He is holding a copy of Playgirl magazine! Playgirl magazine, illustrated with photos of naked men, first came out back in the 70's and was ostensibly marketed to women. Advertisers and market researchers soon discovered that a very small percentage of the magazines buyers were actually women. Seems most women are not so turned on by photos of naked men, at least not to the extent that men are turned on by photos of naked women.  ;) The majority of the magazines purchasers are apparently latent and overt homosexuals. I must have see the film at least 40 times, and never noticed this little detail. What a sly genius Kubrick was!

Notice the titles of the articles in this particular edition of the magazine.

The one that pops out the most is the one about parents sleeping with their children - an obvious allusion to the sexual molestation of Danny by his father, but not the only one. Check out Ager's full analysis of the film on his web site collative learning. He also agrees that Kubrick was probably encoding things about the Apollo 11 moon mission, and that Kubrick may have been involved in the faking of the films and photos.

I have long wondered if Kubrick was alluding to the subject of mind controlled killers in this film. It is strange how Jack Torrence seems to be carefully led into this situation, and how several ghostly entities (handlers?) manipulate and encourage him to murder his family. The whole sexual abuse theme also fits into this idea. According to Fritz Springmeier and others, mind controlled victims are often sexually abused as children in order to fragment their psyches so that alter personalities can be created by their victimizers. By certain code words and symbols these alters can then be summoned into appearing and carrying out actions by their handlers without the subject even being aware of what is happening. They are used to carry out actions ranging the gamut of sexual activity to murder (delta alters according to Springmeier). There is a whole lot more going on in this movie than at first appears. It seems the more you look at it, and think about it, the deeper and deeper it becomes.

Offline hal 9000

« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:06 AM »
What is Jack holding in his right hand in the final photo seen at the end of the film?

It looks like some kind of note. Who is the man pressing Jack's arm down, as if trying to keep Jack from revealing the note[?] to the outside world? Just another of the many mysteries contained in this enigmatic and haunting film.

Offline Djævlen

« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »
great stuff posted here guys! check out the Kubrick section for some cool stuff posted about Eyes Wide Shut!
“The devil is only a convenient myth invented by the real malefactors of our world”

-R.A. Wilson

Viper

Re: Secrets Of Kubrick's 'The Shining' (1980)
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2010, 01:04:11 PM »
THE SHINING

1980 /142 mins.

Let me start off by saying to all of you nitpickers out there who think books are better than movies, you need to open your eyes and open your minds. This film is hardly anything like Stephen King's source novel. Does that automatically make the book better? NO!!! If anything, this film, directed by the great Stanley Kubrick, improves greatly upon Stephen King's highly predictable story. In the book, one knows from the third chapter how it's going to end. The third chapter, in a nutshell, is like this: "You've got to dump the boiler three times a day. If you don't, it'll creep and creep until it blows. When it blows, this whole place is going to go 'Rocky Mountain High.' Make sure you dump the boiler. Say it with me, 'I will dump the boiler three times a day.'" Get the point? Not to spoil the ending of the book, or anything. With Stanley Kubrick's beautiful, haunting, and chilling tale, there is no boiler. It's never mentioned. There is a scene with Wendy (Shelley Duvall) in the basement fiddling with what looks like it might be a boiler, but that's it. So, the ending is a much better one that takes the viewer by surprise.

Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) has been hired as the winter caretaker of a hotel in the Colorado mountains. He brings with him his wife Wendy and his son Danny (Danny Lloyd). Danny has "The Shining" - the ability to see things that have already happened or that could happen in the future. Once they arrive at the hotel, the hotel's true face begins to show. The result is a highly entertaining, thrilling, and chilling horror film that scares through implication and suspense rather than cheap scares. This is horror as an art form.
Nominated for KRSJR Productions' 25 Greatest Motion Pictures of All Time.
Rated R

* Original theatrical aspect ratio: 1.66:1
    * Original theatrical release date: May 23, 1980
    * The international version has around 20-25 minutes of footage cut.
    * "When first released, the film had an alternate ending: the party photos shot (now the last shot in the film) dissolves to a scene in a hospital, where Wendy is resting in a bed and Danny is playing in a waiting room. Ullman tells her that they have been unable to locate her husband's body anywhere on the property. On his way out, Ullman gives Danny a ball -- the same one that mysteriously rolled into a hallway earlier in the film, before Danny was attacked in room 237. Ullman laughs and walks away while Danny "shines" the Overlook Hotel. Stanley Kubrick had the scene removed a week after the film was released." - IMDb.com

Starring:
Jack Nicholson + Shelley Duvall + Scatman Crothers + Danny Lloyd + Barry Nelson + Philip Stone + Joe Turkel + Barry Dennen + Manning Redwood + Tony Burton

Based on the Novel by
Stephen King

Screenplay by
Stanley Kubrick & Diane Johnson

Directed by
Stanley Kubrick

Offline N.E.P.

Re: The Shining (1980)
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
The Making of THE SHINING

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4745727919325920852&ei=l-llS_POKsqclAesp8D-Bw&q=kubrick&hl=en&client=firefox-a#

35:00 - 2 years ago
"Stanley Kubrick allowed his then-17-year-old daughter, Vivian, to make a documentary about the production of THE SHINING. Created ... all » originally for the British television show BBC Arena, the documentary offers rare insight into the shooting process of a Kubrick film.

Offline centexan

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »
http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/shining.html

That's a link to the script for The Shining.  I found screenplays for all the movies on the Kubrick forum and will post them, but I'm not sure if they're shooting scripts or post-production scripts.  Shooting scripts can be very different from the finished movie, after edits are made.

If you're not interrupted, it takes about the same length of time to read a screenplay as it does to watch the movie onscreen.

Offline centexan

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.ts.html

Interesting interview with Kubrick, done when he released The Shining.

Piltdown Man

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
I wasn't a moon hoaxer until I heard this on the radio a few months back.  Original footage of the most historic moment in human history accidentally erased? Uhhhh. Bullshit Bingo. Now I'm sold that we never went there. Kubrick is just icing on the cake.

Apollo 11
Houston, we have a problem: original moon walk footage erased

• High-res images of lunar walk probably taped over
• Loss of tapes went unnoticed for 35 years

Compilation of restored Apollo 11 footage released by Nasa today. The original high-resolution film may be lost forever

It was humankind's crowning achievement, with millions around the world glued to their television sets as US astronaut Neil Armstrong took the first steps on the moon 40 years ago.

But in the scientific equivalent of recording an old episode of EastEnders over the prized video of your daughter's wedding day, Nasa probably taped over its only high-resolution images of the first moon walk with electronic data from a satellite or a later manned space mission, officials said today.

It means that the familiar grainy and ghosting images of Armstrong's "giant leap for mankind" are all that remain from the mission, though the space agency has managed to digitally restore the footage into new broadcast-quality pictures that it released today.

"I don't think anyone in the Nasa organisation did anything wrong. It slipped through the cracks and nobody's happy about it," said Dick Nafzger, one of the last Apollo-era video engineers still working for the agency at Maryland's Goddard Space Flight Centre.

In a technological feat that rivalled even putting Armstrong and his shipmate Buzz Aldrin on the lunar surface, and one that has been largely overlooked since, a team of Nasa engineers and contractors fed live video from the moon, via a series of relay stations in Australia and the US, to homes around the world.

While Armstrong, Aldrin and Apollo 11 pilot Michael Collins trained for the mission, Nafzger and his partners were tasked with working out how to broadcast live from 240,000 miles away.
Before and after: Armstrong and Aldrin erect the Stars and Stripes Link to this video

The images of Armstrong and Aldrin stepping on to the lunar surface and planting the US flag in the grey dust were seen by an estimated 600 million people. The tape recordings, taken for backup, were an afterthought, Nafzger told reporters in Washington today.

"We all wish that somebody had said 'those tapes are special, let's pull them aside'," he said.

Instead, their loss apparently went unnoticed for 35 years, until 2004, when an archive in Australia alerted Nasa that it believed it had found the lost tapes from the Apollo 11 mission. It shipped the tapes to Goddard, where Nasa maintains what officials say is the only machine in the world capable of reading the old tape technology. The first tapes did not have moon footage, but touched off a massive search for those that did in archives stored in dusty basements across the world.

Nasa believed the original tapes might contain digital data sent from the moon that could be converted into much sharper pictures of the landing than those broadcast on the day, which were taken by a television camera pointed at a giant wall monitor at mission control in Houston - effectively a copy of a copy.

But a standard Nasa money-saving measure in those days was to reuse the 14-inch tape reels after several years in storage. Agency officials ultimately concluded that the original Apollo 11 tapes were buried among an estimated 350,000 that were recycled in the 1970s and 1980s and the data was lost for ever.

The newly released footage was taken from four copies, including one in a CBS television archive. It is undergoing restoration by a firm that specialises in cleaning up old Hollywood movies.

"I don't believe that the tapes exist today at all," Stan Lebar, the designer of the original lunar camera, told America's National Public Radio. "It was a hard thing to accept. But there was just an overwhelming amount of evidence that led us to believe that they just don't exist any more."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/jul/16/moon-landing-tapes-erased/print

Piltdown Man

« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »
Nixon's "phone call" to the moon eerily shadows the 911 calls impossibly made from the air.
How the hell did Nixon "call" the moon?

How did Nixon telephone the moon? Did they drag a cable along behind the spaceship?

-Mark

Greetings Mark,

Good question. I don't know. Maybe someone will write in with the answer.

I have the July 21st, 1969 Province newspaper edition (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) all about the moon-landing which includes a photo of Nixon allegedly talking to the moon (scanned above).

You can see Nixon phoning the moon and talking to Neil Armstrong on split-screen TV (scanned below) and read the transcript at: Class Brain. The actual phone - seen above - is at the Nixon Presidential Museum & Library. You can listen to the call too.

Moon Phone TV

"Hello Neil and Buzz, I am talking to you by telephone from the Oval Room at the White House, and this certainly has to be the most historic telephone call ever made from the White House.

"I just can’t tell you how proud we all are of what you have done. For every American this has to be the proudest day of our lives, and for people all over the world I am sure that they, too, join with Americans in recognizing what an immense feat this is.

"Because of what you have done the heavens have become a part of man’s world, and as you talk to us from the Sea of Tranquility, it inspires us to redouble our efforts to bring peace and tranquility to earth.

"For one priceless moment in the whole history of man all the people on this earth are truly one—one in their pride in what you have done and one in our prayers that you will return safely to earth.

ASTRONAUT ARMSTRONG. "Thank you, Mr. President. It is a great honor and privilege for us to be here representing not only the United States, but men of peaceable nations, men with a vision for the future. It is an honor for us to be able to participate here today.

THE PRESIDENT. "Thank you very much, and I look forward, all of us look forward, to seeing you on the Hornet on Thursday.

ASTRONAUT ARMSTRONG. "Thank you. We look forward to that very much, sir."

All the best,
Jackie Jura

PS - A new video on You Tube shows footage of Actors Mimicking Astronauts with an explanation by the narrator who is seen in a photo standing on the moon with them:

"There are people on this planet who think we really didn't go to the moon and probably this is one of the pictures that keeps that hoax going. It's a picture of myself on the moon standing with two astronauts. This photograh was taken while the company I was working for, who built the space suits, was simulating what was going on on the lunar surface. And we did it for CBS News so they could show it while the astronauts were on the surface of the moon and would show what the astronauts were doing. We actually did it in a hangar at Grummond Base, Long Island. And in that hangar we had a mock-up of the Lunar Module and we had test pilots in dummy space suits that my company supplied to CBS. So some of the test pilots from Grummond studied what was being done on the moon and they were able to simulate exactly what was going on. While there was a break in the action I stood on the surface with them beside the American flag - in of course civilian clothes - while they were standing on the surface of the moon - which was really inside, like I said, inside a hanger in Grummond Base, Long Island. We did it because in the first couple of flights there were no cameras on the lunar surface to show what the astronauts were actually doing. They only had one camera on Apollo 11 and it was focused to show Neil Armstrong fuzzily stepping on the lunar surface and it wasn't a very good camera at all. Later on - when they got the Lunar Rover - then they had cameras on the surface which could show exactly what they were doing. So we were simulating what they were doing because there were no cameras to show what they were doing at the time."

http://www.orwelltoday.com/readermoonhoaxnixonphone.shtml

Piltdown Man

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »
KUBRICK AND APOLLO
by Scott Wenger

I've been researching the Apollo program for the past two years. Here are a few things I learned on my own that seem to suggest Kubrick may have had some direct or indirect involvement in the Apollo presentations:

- According to researcher Bill Wood, NASA heavily subsidized Stanley Kubrick when he produced the movie "2001". Wood claims 2001 was used to develop the special effects needed to fake a lunar landing and its purpose, when it premiered in 1968, was to show the public what a real lunar landing was supposed to look like.

- Kubrick worked on 2001 with the help of NASA experts Fred Ordway and Harry Lange.

- Ordway had contacts within the aerospace community (including IBM, Honeywell, Boeing, General Dynamics, Grumman, Bell Telephone, and General Electric.) Many of these companies provided documentation and hardware prototypes free of charge in return for "product placements" in the film 2001.

- During a remastering of the film 2001, Senior NASA Apollo administrator George Mueller and astronaut Deke Slayton nicknamed "2001's" Borehamwood, England production facilities "NASA East" after seeing all of the hardware and documentation lying around the studio.

- Ken Adam, production designer on "Dr. Strangelove" and "Barry Lyndon", said he was not asked to work on 2001 because Kubrick had already worked for a year with experts from NASA and had done a lot of research; Adam said he would have been "too far behind." (Note: Ken Adam did production design for the 1971 movie "Diamonds are Forever" that includes a moonscape.)

- In Kubrick's movie "The Shining" there's a scene where the little boy is seen wearing a shirt with the word "Apollo" on the front.

- In Kubrick's movie "Eyes Wide Shut," the main character (and witness to an event) is told that it was "staged, a charade, fake" and he receives a warning to "stop asking questions." There is a theme of secrecy in that movie.

- One of the lines in Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" is as follows:

"Did you never consider the possibility that the whole thing might have been nothing more than a charade?"

- Kubrick wanted his movie "Eyes Wide Shut" released on the 30th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 (July 16, 1999) and the North American release of "Eyes Wide Shut" was July 16, 1999.

- Dustin Hoffman plays a character named Stanley in the movie "Wag the Dog." That movie is about a director who is called upon to do a secret film project for the government. In "Wag the Dog," the director wants -- but is told he cannot have -- "credit" for his work in the secret production. The character named Stanley might be a reference to Stanley Kubrick. The Stanley character in "Wag the Dog" completes a secret film project for the government.

- According to a reviewer, the movie "AI" (Artificial Intelligence), developed by Kubrick but directed by Spielberg, is a sci-fi rendition of Pinocchio with a few "out of place" references to the moon.

- There's a trip to the moon in Kubrick's 2001.

- The dialog in 2001 includes such things as "complete security," a "cover story," and "formal security oaths." In the movie, someone asks how long the "cover story" must be maintained.

- Kubrick's 1968 blockbuster "2001" proved that special effects technology certainly existed prior to the alleged 1969 moon landing.

- Actor Ed Bishop played the part of a Lunar shuttle captain in Kubrick's 1968 movie "2001: A Space Odyssey." Interestingly, Ed Bishop also played the part of Klaus Hergersheimer in the 1971 movie "Diamonds are Forever" (and his part was uncredited in that movie.) Ed Bishop is the actor who hands Sean Connery a dosimeter after Sean Connery (as James Bond) breaks into a secret facility in Nevada where fake moonwalking is being filmed. Some people believe Apollo moonwalking could have been filmed at the Nevada Test Site or inside a hangar at nearby Area 51.

- Douglas Trumbull, head of Trumball Film Effects, and creator of many of the effects for the film "2001: A Space Odyssey" also worked on CBS coverage of the Apollo 11 presentation. Trumball worked in Studio City, California for six weeks to prepare for the Apollo 11 broadcast. Trumbull developed a "graphic display projection system" that composed sentences, created moving diagrams, and simulated events for CBS television news coverage of the Apollo 11 mission. (Source: October 1969 issue of "American Cinematographer" magazine, page 984.) Trumbull's involvement in the Apollo broadcasts means that some of the same talent was involved in 2001 and Apollo.

- I sent an email message to Stanley's widow (Christiane Kubrick) on July 15, 2004. This was the question I asked Christiane:

"Did your husband know any of the Apollo astronauts?"

This was her reply (on July 16, 2004):

"I think he had some letters from two of them. I can not remember who it was."

- Christiane (his widow) claims Stanley had no involvement in the Apollo presentations.

-Scott Wenger

Greetings Scott,

Thanks for sending your thoughts and findings from your personal research.

All the best,
Jackie Jura

PS - Thanks also for subsequently sending the photo above and the article A TRIP TO THE MOON, by Jean Oppenheimer, American Cinematographer magazine, April 1998 edition (Cinamatographer Gale Tattersall lends his skills to HBO's From Earth to the Moon, an ambitious 12-part series, produced with the cooperation of NASA, which traces the history of the Apollo space missions). I'll be reading it ASAP.

http://www.orwelltoday.com/readermoonkubrick.shtml

Piltdown Man

« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »
MORE MOON HOAX QUESTIONS

Aside from the lunar lander being too big for the vehicle that landed on the moon, the small overlooked piece of evidence I noticed was ...Who was left on the moon to use the video cameras to show the thing take off? The camera tracks the thing as it lifts off. That's not possible with the equipment they had then. It was done by hand. So who was left on the moon? If it's possible to see the earth in the background is it always the same view? The earth does rotate, it can't always be the same view. I have not actually looked into that question, but I'm sure there is some interesting details.

--james

Greetings James,

Thanks for the very interesting questions and observations about which I have never given any thought. But now that you mention it, how DID that lunar lander fit into the capsule that went to the moon?

I didn't realize, if what you say is true, that some of the pictures of the Lunar Lander leaving were taken from the vantage point of the moon. If that's the case how DID the astro-not take them or if it was a camera that was left on the moon, how did the film get delivered?

I am not up at all on the earth photos we supposedly saw so don't recall if land masses were evident but if they were then over a time span one would expect to see different ones.

As you can see, I'm no Moon Landing expert but I do find the topic very interesting.

The photo above was sent by a reader a while back. See KUBRICK'S APOLLO MOON CONNECTIONS. It depicts one of HBO's (Home Box Office) movie-sets for their 1997 documentary entitled FROM EARTH TO THE MOON. It's the scene where an astro-not is climbing up or down the Lunar Lander ladder.

I haven't yet had the time to read the eleven-page magazine article that accompanied the photo but now that my curiosity has been aroused, I'll go read it now:

A TRIP TO THE MOON, by Jean Oppenheimer, American Cinematographer magazine, April 1998 edition
Cinamatographer Gale Tattersall lends his skills to HBO's From Earth to the Moon, an ambitious 12-part series, produced with the cooperation of NASA, which traces the history of the Apollo space missions.

All the best,
Jackie Jura

http://www.orwelltoday.com/readermoonquestions.shtml

Piltdown Man

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »
Friday, 8 November, 2002, 16:08 GMT
Nasa pulls Moon hoax book
Apollo crew, Nasa
Not heroes but actors, claim the theorists

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2424927.stm

By Dr David Whitehouse
BBC News Online science editor
The US space agency (Nasa) has cancelled the book intended to challenge the conspiracy theorists who claim the Moon landings were a hoax.

Nasa declined to comment specifically on the reasons for dropping the publication, but it is understood the decision resulted from the bad publicity that followed the announcement of the project.

Criticism that Nasa was displaying poor judgement and a lack of confidence in commissioning the book caused it to abort the project, agency spokesman Bob Jacobs said.

Astronaut on moonwalk, Nasa
Oberg will still write the book
Nasa had hired aerospace writer Jim Oberg for the job on a fee of $15,000.

He says he will still do the work, although it will now be an unofficial publication with alternative funding.

The book will deliver a point-by-point rebuttal of the theory that the Apollo landings were faked in a movie studio, to convince the world that the US had beaten the Soviets to the Moon.

It will explain why in still and video footage of the landings, no stars can be seen in the Moon sky, why a flag appears to ripple on the atmosphere-free satellite and why shadows fall in strange directions - all "facts", conspiracy theorists say, point to a hoax.

Some commentators had said that in making the Oberg book an official Nasa publication, the agency was actually giving a certain credibility to the hoax theory.

Piltdown Man

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
What Happened on the Moon?
DVD/Video Directed by David S Percy ARPS
Behind the official record of Apollo, has the 'hidden hand of history' recorded vital chapters that rightfully belong in the Apollo account?

The majority of us believe we went to the Moon in 1969 – it represents a tremendous achievement for mankind, the first time we have landed and walked upon another celestial body.

But what really happened on the Moon in 1969?

Five years in the making, WHAT happened on the MOON? An investigation into Apollo, is a double DVD (PAL) as well as a two-tape video set (PAL/ NTSC).

This compelling production throws into serious doubt the authenticity of the Apollo missions and features information that challenges the declared abilities of NASA to successfully send a man to the Moon and return him safely to Earth.
Dr B O'Leary

"If some of the film was spoiled, it's remotely possible they [NASA] may have shot some scenes in a studio environment to avoid embarrassment."

Dr Brian O'Leary astronaut

Did the Apollo missions really achieve NASA's aims? This enthralling production presents the flaws in the record of this land mark event in a graphic, dynamic, easy-to-follow way.

What happened on the Moon? examines the problems with rockets and associated technologies as well as the serious dangers-that to date have not been overcome-concerning deep space radiation. Why was faking necessary? Hear what NASA has to say in response to these disturbing findings.

"Of all history's great conspiracy theories – one of the most enduring, and one with which I have particular sympathy, is concerned with men landing on the Moon. Was it all, as some have reasonably opined, not a lunar touchdown but instead a strikingly recreated stunt on a movie sound stage . . . well away from prying eyes?"

Quentin Falk the UK Daily Telegraph

New evidence revealing significant errors in continuity between the Apollo still photos and the 'live' TV coverage suggests that NASA hoaxed the official record of mankind's first visit to the Moon.

These new findings are supported by detailed analysis and the testimony of experts from various disciplines. These include photographer/filmmaker David S Percy ARPS and physicist David Groves PhD. The numerous inconsistencies visible in the images are quite irrefutable.

Recent research indicates that the errors evidenced were deliberately planted by individuals determined to leave clues pointing to the faking of the record of Apollo.

PART 1 Deals with the Apollo still photographs and the TV coverage
PART 2 Looks at the dangers of radiation during deep space travel
PART 3 Explains the problems with rockets and associated technology

During Project Apollo, six highly complex manned craft landed on the Moon, took off and returned to Earth using a relatively low level of technology. An 86% success rate. Since Apollo, twenty-five simple, unmanned craft with increasingly higher levels of technology have attempted to fulfil their missions to Mars. Only seven succeeded.

A mere 28% success rate for Mars.

Were the Apollo missions to the Moon blessed?

http://www.aulis.com/nasa.htm

Offline rio

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2010, 10:46:15 PM »
Faked moon landings and Kubrick's "The Shining"

Quote from:
Everyone at Discovery Space loves a good space conspiracy theory, from Ray Villard's awesome post about NASA airbrushing out moon cities to Ian's weekly battle against whatever the latest cosmic doomsday craze happens to be. We all know these "theories" are just so much bunk, but we can't look away.

To quote John Hodgman: “Truth is stranger than fiction, but never as strange as lies." We love strange things, and the following conspiracy theory is one of the strangest (yet oddly compelling) ones I've ever heard. Are you ready?

The U.S. government hired director Stanley Kubrick to film the fake moon landing and, to protect the lives of himself and his wife, he made 1980's "The Shining" as a veiled confession of his part in the secret project. This would have seen Kubrick filming the landing conjointly with "2001: A Space Odyssey."  

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2010, 02:10:23 PM »
Obama wants flying saucers...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/01/obama-2011-budget-cuts-na_n_444606.html
Obama's 2011 Budget Kills NASA Moon Mission

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is redirecting America's space program, killing NASA's $100 billion plans to return astronauts to the moon and using much of that money for new rocket technology research.

The moon mission, which had already cost $9.1 billion, was based on old technology and revisiting old places astronauts had already been, officials said. The previous NASA chief, in selling the old moon plan, had even called it "Apollo on steroids." The rockets were based on space shuttle boosters.

"Simply put, we're putting the science back into the rocket science at NASA," White House science adviser John Holdren said at a budget briefing Monday.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16676-obama-backs-moon-return-in-nasa-budget.html
Obama backs Moon return in NASA budget
19:06 26 February 2009 by Rachel Courtland

NASA will stay on track to return humans to the Moon by 2020, according to an overview of President Obama's 2010 budget request released on Thursday.

Recently, various groups - including Apollo astronaut Buzz Aldrin and the space advocacy group the Planetary Society - have called for NASA to send astronauts to new destinations, such as asteroids.

But the budget request backs a plan developed under the Bush administration to retire the space shuttle by 2010 and develop a system to return humans to the Moon by 2020.

Offline 37

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:06 PM »
The Russians have reflectors on the moon...

Channel 37