Analyzing Larry Silverstein's "Pull It" Comment ...

Author Topic: Analyzing Larry Silverstein's "Pull It" Comment ...  (Read 23152 times)

Offline hooky

Analyzing Larry Silverstein's "Pull It" Comment ...
« on: August 16, 2007, 09:45:35 AM »
Analyzing Larry Silverstein's "Pull It" Comment
Lucus Drador
Friday, August 3, 2007

"I remember getting a call from the fire department commander telling me that they were not sure they were going to be able to contain the fire. I said you know we've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is, is "Pull It", ahhh, and they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse" ---Larry Silverstein

We all know that he meant WTC Building #7 when he said that demolition term "Pull It", but let's look at this even deeper.

In June of 2005, almost three and one half years after 9/11, after repeated questioning by a concerned public, Mr. McQuillan, Larry Silverstein's spokesperson finally stated that "by “it,” Mr. Silverstein meant the contingent of firefighters remaining in the building."

Now here is the $10,000 Question;

Why would the fire commander call Larry Silverstein and ask Mr. Silverstein what the fire department should do with their own firefighters?

The fire department does not answer to a property owner. The fire commander makes his own decisions on how to protect his own men. He does not call the property owner and ask him "Hey Larry, what should I do with my men?"

The ONLY person who a fire commander would answer to is a Fire Chief, not some greedy property owner who has no insight into firefighting.

If this was the case, then firefighters everywhere would be putting themselves at risk every time the go to a fire call by being at the mercy of the property owner.

Does Larry think we are that stupid that we would believe that the New York City fire department answers to him?

Is Larry Silverstein a Fire Chief? I think not.

Larry Silverstein, your rebuttal to the "Pull It" comment has officially been debunked!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2007/030807_b_pullit.htm

There's a small problem with this analysis. The '$10,000 question' can be answered quite cost-effectively by reading Larry Silversteins quote in the same article ...

I remember getting a call from the fire department commander telling me that they were not sure they were going to be able to contain the fire

They didn't call Larry Silverstein to ask him what to do with the firefighters.

Regarding the chain of command, Larry Silverstein agrees with the author of this article, again, in his own words ...

I said you know we've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is, is "Pull It", ahhh, and they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse

The Fire Dept made the decision to 'pull' the building, not true of course but these are Larry's words.

I think I've already heard AJ mention this one on the radio, so too late now, any damage is done - but I wouldn't go confronting Larry Silverstein on this one.

strgzr

Re: Analyzing Larry Silverstein's "Pull It" Comment ...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »
It's much the same as GW saying he watched the plane go into the first building before the school children read him the goat story. He couldn't have seen it on tv. The only known video surfaced days later. He should learn to read, and think for himself. He may be the decider, but he's not much of a thinker.

Offline hooky

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 10:20:10 AM »
It's much the same as GW saying he watched the plane go into the first building before the school children read him the goat story. He couldn't have seen it on tv. The only known video surfaced days later. He should learn to read, and think for himself. He may be the decider, but he's not much of a thinker.

No its nothing like that at all, the premise of this article is that the Fire Chief would be in charge of the FireFighters.
Larry Silverstein confirms this, in the same article.
It's like Seinfeld - its an article about nothing.

strgzr

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:05:07 AM »
What I ment is that bothLarry and George let their mouth get ahead of their brain.

Offline hooky

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
What I ment is that bothLarry and George let their mouth get ahead of their brain.

Oh thats true of Bush, though I think Silverstein probably put some more thought into his excuses.
I think Bush gets away with it because he knows he has a compliant media.
They do not put his statements into even a basic context - like comparing them to what he said yesterday that contradicts what he says today. Things are a bit better now, but back then they had it sewn up 100%.

Offline Gator

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »
You know, when the heat is turned on too much, I'd pull it too !   ;D ;D ;D

Look at the Stock Market, everyone is working, unemployment is down, and the stocks market is crashing ?  That's because the trillionaires are into Hedge Funds and they want their returns !  They are not regulated and all they have to do is call the chairman and tell him, "today, the Stock Market is going to crash, so you can send us our money !"

Offline WhoCares

• THe Active Patriot
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:12:04 AM »

Look at the Stock Market, everyone is working, unemployment is down, and the stocks market is crashing ?  That's because the trillionaires are into Hedge Funds and they want their returns !  They are not regulated and all they have to do is call the chairman and tell him, "today, the Stock Market is going to crash, so you can send us our money !"

~~~
well
only fear the crash, if china pulls out ...of our money system...
"simplistically is bliss and often missed"
Pacis per Vires
AL-CIA-Da is your Natzi enemy'
911 was an inside job
http://www.myspace.com/activepatriot

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 06:26:09 PM »
Yes, that's the truth.....We owe China over 2 Trillion Dollars !  Just multiply that by 7.8 and that's what it's worth in China !  No wonder they're the fastest growing country in the World.....the U.S. is paying for it ! 

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 07:53:12 AM »
This is very true; the Fire Department answers to No One !  They can physically break down your door to get to the fire, and no one may dictate to them in the performance of their duties to save life and property.  I don't believe the Fire Department Commander asked anything of Larry, he made that shit up !  When there's a disaster at the Trade Tower Complex, the Commander doesn't look for the Owner or Management ?  During a disaster, the Fired Department OWNS it ! 

Offline jbrid1138

• Governments don't care, individuals do. MARK TWAIN
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
Maybe so, but old Mr. Larry didn't pull this shit off by himself, either.  It's usually the head of the snake that bites, not the ass end.  Understand?
We refuse to let our knowlege, however limited, be informed by your ignorance, however vast.
-- David Ray Griffin

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
 -- James Madison (Fourth President USA 1809-1817)

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 11:06:13 PM »
"I remember getting a call from the fire department commander telling me that they were not sure they were going to be able to contain the fire. I said you know we've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is, is "Pull It", ahhh, and they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse" ---Larry Silverstein

In Chapter 5.5.3 Fires at WTC 7 it reads. "In addition, the firefighters made the decision fairly early on not to attempt to fight the fires, due in part to the damage to WTC 7 from the collapsing towers." This decision was made sometime around 11:00am. WTC 7 collapsed at 5:20pm. Thats almost 6.5 hours after the firefighters were told to leave. So his comment on "pull it" referring to pulling out firefighters is an outright lie. He makes it sound like he made the decision to pull right before the building collapsed. Theres a 6.5 hour time difference.
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline jbrid1138

• Governments don't care, individuals do. MARK TWAIN
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »

In Chapter 5.5.3 Fires at WTC 7 it reads. "In addition, the firefighters made the decision fairly early on not to attempt to fight the fires, due in part to the damage to WTC 7 from the collapsing towers." This decision was made sometime around 11:00am. WTC 7 collapsed at 5:20pm. Thats almost 6.5 hours after the firefighters were told to leave. So his comment on "pull it" referring to pulling out firefighters is an outright lie. He makes it sound like he made the decision to pull right before the building collapsed. Theres a 6.5 hour time difference.
Now that about says it all.  The guy screwed up saying what he did on camera, lied about it later trying to cover up his screw up -- got caught doing it.  These guys live and breath lie, cover up, and then lie some more.

Only thing I question is why (??) hasn't he been prosecuted for this?  Where's the public defender, where's the prosecutor in this single example of lie and cover up?  Where's Joe Friday?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7RKKqoIbc

We refuse to let our knowlege, however limited, be informed by your ignorance, however vast.
-- David Ray Griffin

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
 -- James Madison (Fourth President USA 1809-1817)

Offline africknamerican

• Born "Truther"
A comment that proves nothing
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 02:15:16 PM »
I wrote an email to Infowars years ago when Alex first started using this out-of-context quote in an attempt to prove Silverstein ordered FDNY to demolish the building.

Basically I said "Whatchu talkin' bout? If that's what he did, why the hell would he say it publicly on PBS??

Of course he didn't say "pull the building" -- he meant " pull the operation." and he didn't "order" the commander, he suggested it. The commander presumably made his own decision.

http://politicalfilm.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/truth-proof/

Silverstein stood to gain large insurance settlements from the attacks, and his authority would likely have been a factor if the buildings were pre-wired for demolition ahead of the attacks. Silverstein is a suspicious character, but not for the reason usually cited.

The famous Silverstein quote, which first circulated widely due to its inclusion in the film “Loose Change,” goes as follows:

“I remember getting a call from the fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, ‘We’ve had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.’ And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse. (America Rebuilds…)”

It is highly problematic to claim that Silverstein meant “pull the building,” as if this was an admission of controlled demolition. That is completely out of context, and in fact makes zero sense for several reasons. Now, I have argued this point previously and was confronted by the irrational rather than by any analytical approach to this issue.

If Larry Silverstein was a co-conspirator in demolishing his buildings, then he had no incentive to admit this on a taped interview for public television. How stupid can people imagine him to be? He can’t be a brilliant criminal mastermind and a complete idiot simultaneously. That’s cognitive dissonance.

But the logistical specifics of his conversation are glaring and at odds with that claim anyway. Silverstein talked to a “fire department commander,” not to a demolition company. Fire department commanders fight fires. They do not blow up buildings in the middle of the greatest terrorism attack in US history. If anyone demolished Building 7 it was certainly not a NY City fire department commander.

The fire department commander discussed “loss of life” as in thousands of dead firemen, those actual victims of these overwhelming attacks. Silverstein acknowledged this loss of life in the call and proceeded to suggest they stop, as the building was of less value than the lives.

The entire out-of-context claim against Silverstein is that the single word “it” refers to “the building,” as opposed to the word “it” meaning “the firefighting operation.” The two competing statements would read, “…maybe the smartest thing to do is pull the building,” or conversely, “…maybe the smartest thing to do is pull the firefighting operation.”

Silverstein’s full quote clearly implies that “it” refers to the firefighting operation and not to controlled demolition, and that is what Silverstein himself clarified in a press release shortly after the controversy spread. The claim that he meant something other than what he himself says he meant is specious, and that claim certainly would not count for anything in an actual court of law. It is a red herring then, proof of exactly nothing.

Further, the final phrase of that exchange, “…and we watched the building collapse,” is the official story! There is nothing incriminating about this exchange whatsoever. Using it as some kind of gotcha blurb can only destroy the credibility of the person making the claim.

Credibility counts when pressing for the truth in a sea of misinformation and disinformation. That is a battle I have fought tooth and nail for over a decade now. Weak claims are just that: weak. False claims are the worst, and unfortunately this Silverstein “pull the building” claim is demonstrably false on its face. This is the type of mistake, or sloppy reasoning, that the “debunkers” capitalize on to discredit the entire 9/11 Truth Movement. If you care about the integrity and credibility of the movement and want it to actually succeed then reexamine what evidence you push out there on the world and what exactly it proves or does not prove.
[/bold]

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »
And let's not forget...

"We're getting ready to pull Building 6." -- http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/silverstein_pullit.html

The burden of proof is on those who insist that "pull it" meant "pull the operation," not on those who assume that -- in the absence of compelling evidence to the contrary, and in light of the fact Building 7 was never even hit by a plane, and collapsed symmetrically at virtual free fall speed into the path of most resistance -- it meant the same thing "pull Building 6" did.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 04:31:39 PM »
Infographic for those lurkers who have been living in a cave for 13 years…

Or

For those that were too young at the time to know what this thread is talking about.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.