We are Living in an Artificially Induced State of Consciousness

Author Topic: We are Living in an Artificially Induced State of Consciousness  (Read 71647 times)

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
Re: We are Living in an Artificially Induced State of Consciousness
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »
Why are folks glued to these pathetic little screens ?

Psychologically, most adults are still in high school.

If you keep that fact in mind while watching the following, the answer to your question will become obvious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsO9MIaIazM

If cell phones were primarily a communication device, people would not obsessively fondle them even when surrounded by friends and family members.

They're a fashion accessory.

They're everyone's way of saying: "See? I'm cool. I'm trendy. I'm part of the 'in-crowd.'"
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline BlackRoses

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »
Psychologically, most adults are still in high school.

If you keep that fact in mind while watching the following, the answer to your question will become obvious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsO9MIaIazM

If cell phones were primarily a communication device, people would not obsessively fondle them even when surrounded by friends and family members.

They're a fashion accessory.

They're everyone's way of saying: "See? I'm cool. I'm trendy. I'm part of the 'in-crowd.'"

So true. I'm thankful that's one pitfall I managed to avoid. I don't care if I'm trendy, cool, part of the in crowd, etc. I admit I have several issues but that's not one of them. I can't be 30 years old and still acting like I have to sit at the cool kid's table or I might as well be dead.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2014, 03:35:37 AM »
I can go for several days without looking at my mobile phone.

Why are folks glued to these pathetic little screens ?

Why?  ??? folks are glue to their 'pathetic little screens' ? Because they DO NOT Know how to conduct a FACE to FACE Conversation!

When the intimacy of Face to Face conversation is Lost: so is the Human Race!

(I don't own one of the Nazi Tracking Devices  ;) )
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

EvadingGrid

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2014, 10:01:57 AM »
University students spend SIX HOURS a day on Facebook, YouTube and sending texts - even during lectures
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2664782/University-students-spend-SIX-HOURS-day-Facebook-YouTube-sending-texts-lectures.html

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
Re: Our Phone Obsession Is Turning Us Into Zombies
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

Offline Catalina

• Government Censorship, Protecting You From Reality
Restaurant Watches Video Footage On Customers And Uncovers Shocking Truth
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2014, 08:17:09 PM »

This popular NYC restaurant hired a firm to investigate why their customers started complaining about slow service at their restaurant when they actually have increased staff in recent years. They posted their findings to Craigslist, and the results are super revealing.

The following was what was posted to Craigslist:

We are a popular restaurant for both locals and tourists alike. Having been in business for many years we noticed that although the number of customer's we serve on a daily basis is almost the same today as it was 10 years ago, the service just seems super slow even thou we added lot's more staff and cut back on the menu items.

One of the most common complaints on review sites against us and many restaurants in the area is that the service was slow and or they needed to wait a bit long for a table.

We decided to hire a firm to help us solve this mystery, and naturally the first thing they blamed it on was that the employees need more training and that maybe the kitchen staff is just not up to the task of serving that many customers.

Like most restaurants in NYC we have a surveillance system, and unlike today where it's a digital system, 10 years ago we still used special high capacity tapes to record all activity. At any given time we had 4 special Sony systems recording multiple cameras. We would store the footage for 90 days just in case we need it for something.

The firm we hired suggested we locate some of the older tapes and analyze how the staff behaved 10 years ago versus how they behave now. We went down to our storage room but we couldn't find any tapes at all.

We did find the recording devices, and luckily for us, each device has 1 tape in it that we simply never removed when we upgraded to the new digital system.

The date stamp on the old footage was Thursday July 1 2004, the restaurant was real busy that day. We loaded up the footage on a large size monitor, and next to it on a separate monitor loaded up the footage of Thursday July 3 2014, the amount of customers where only a bit more than 10 years prior.

I will quickly outline the findings. We carefully looked at over 45 transactions in order to determine the data below:

2004:

Customers walk in.

They gets seated and are given menus, out of 45 customers 3 request to be seated elsewhere.

Customers on average spend 8 minutes before closing the menu to show they are ready to order.

Waiters shows up almost instantly takes the order.

Food starts getting delivered within 6 minutes, obviously the more complex items take way longer.

Out of 45 customers 2 sent items back that where too cold we assume (given they were not steak we assume they wanted the item heated up more).

Waiters keep an eye out for their tables so they can respond quickly if the customer needs something.

Customers are done, check delivered, and within 5 minutes they leave.

Average time from start to finish: 1:05

2014:

Customers walk in.

Customers get seated and is given menus, out of 45 customers 18 requested to be seated elsewhere.

Before even opening the menu they take their phones out, some are taking photos while others are simply doing something else on their phone (sorry we have no clue what they are doing and do not monitor customer WIFI activity).

7 out of the 45 customers had waiters come over right away, they showed them something on their phone and spent an average of 5 minutes of the waiter's time.

Given this is recent footage, we asked the waiters about this and they explained those customers had a problem connecting to the WIFI and demanded the waiters try to help them.

Finally the waiters are walking over to the table to see what the customers would like to order.

The majority have not even opened the menu and ask the waiter to wait a bit.

Customer opens the menu, places their hands holding their phones on top of it and continue doing whatever on their phone.

Waiter returns to see if they are ready to order or have any questions. The customer asks for more time.

Finally they are ready to order.

Total average time from when the customer was seated until they placed their order 21 minutes.

Food starts getting delivered within 6 minutes, obviously the more complex items take way longer.

26 out of 45 customers spend an average of 3 minutes taking photos of the food.

14 out of 45 customers take pictures of each other with the food in front of them or as they are eating the food. This takes on average another 4 minutes as they must review and sometimes retake the photo.

9 out of 45 customers sent their food back to reheat.

Obviously if they didn't pause to do whatever on their phone the food wouldn't have gotten cold.

27 out of 45 customers asked their waiter to take a group photo.

14 of those requested the waiter retake the photo as they were not pleased with the first photo.

On average this entire process between the chit chatting and reviewing the photo taken added another 5 minutes and obviously caused the waiter not to be able to take care of other tables he/she was serving.

Given in most cases the customers are constantly busy on their phones it took an average of 20 minutes more from when they were done eating until they requested a check.

Furthermore once the check was delivered it took 15 minutes longer than 10 years ago for them to pay and leave.

8 out of 45 customers bumped into other customers or in one case a waiter (texting while walking) as they were either walking in or out of the Restaurant.

Average time from start to finish: 1:55

We are grateful for everyone who comes into our restaurant, after all there are so many choices out there. But can you please be a bit more considerate?

http://sfglobe.com/?id=1658&src=fbfan_1658
Spare no cost for truth's sake, neither depart from it for any gain. -Proverbs 23:23

Bestow not the gifts that God has given you to get worldly riches. -Proverbs 23:4

Offline BlackRoses

Holy crap, narcissism on display. Or should I compare it to how a little kid acts when they get a new toy? I'm sure I wanted to constantly play my Super Nintendo games when I was a kid...but I didn't do it all the time either. Had to sleep, had to go to school, eat, do homework, etc.

Offline Owais

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2014, 01:37:19 AM »
Great job keep it up and go ahead.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »
University students spend SIX HOURS a day on Facebook, YouTube and sending texts - even during lectures
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2664782/University-students-spend-SIX-HOURS-day-Facebook-YouTube-sending-texts-lectures.html
Nice info Mate. ;)!

What an unreality that most folks live in; and do not understand that the Morons in charge are on the Tech-Highway, all day long! (6-8 hours a day? what busy bodies)

This shows me, that, the folks in charge are the Dumb Ones; and Play with the Tech. too much...

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »

"
“When the truth is replaced by silence, the silence is a lie.”

War by Media and the Triumph of Propaganda

By John Pilger
Global Research, December 05, 2014

Why has so much journalism succumbed to propaganda? Why are censorship and distortion standard practice? Why is the BBC so often a mouthpiece of rapacious power? Why do the New York Times and the Washington Post deceive their readers?

Why are young journalists not taught to understand media agendas and to challenge the high claims and low purpose of fake objectivity? And why are they not taught that the essence of so much of what’s called the mainstream media is not information, but power?

These are urgent questions. The world is facing the prospect of major war, perhaps nuclear war – with the United States clearly determined to isolate and provoke Russia and eventually China. This truth is being turned upside down and inside out by journalists, including those who promoted the lies that led to the bloodbath in Iraq in 2003.

The times we live in are so dangerous and so distorted in public perception that propaganda is no longer, as Edward Bernays called it, an “invisible government”. It is the government. It rules directly without fear of contradiction and its principal aim is the conquest of us: our sense of the world, our ability to separate truth from lies.

The information age is actually a media age. We have war by media; censorship by media; demonology by media; retribution by media; diversion by media – a surreal assembly line of obedient clichés and false assumptions.

This power to create a new “reality” has building for a long time. Forty-five years ago, a book entitled The Greening of America caused a sensation. On the cover were these words: “There is a revolution coming. It will not be like revolutions of the past. It will originate with the individual.”

I was a correspondent in the United States at the time and recall the overnight elevation to guru status of the author, a young Yale academic, Charles Reich. His message was that truth-telling and political action had failed and only “culture” and introspection could change the world.

Within a few years, driven by the forces of profit, the cult of “me-ism” had all but overwhelmed our sense of acting together, our sense of social justice and internationalism. Class, gender and race were separated. The personal was the political, and the media was the message.

This inversion of reality is so pervasive that Washington’s military encirclement and intimidation of Russia is not contentious. It’s not even news, but suppressed behind a smear and scare campaign of the kind I grew up with during the first cold war.

Once again, the evil empire is coming to get us, led by another Stalin or, perversely, a new Hitler. Name your demon and let rip.

CONTINUE HERE~~~~>http://www.globalresearch.ca/war-by-media-and-the-triumph-of-propaganda/5418152
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2014, 08:33:16 PM »
How many can call a friend or family without the speed dial ? How many can drive  to an unfamiliar destination with only a road map, ( how many got a road map)? How many can cook a real meal, (how many know  what a real meal is)? How many can tell time via a clock, or do math without a calculator, or write cursive?  Sad world indeed.
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline iamc2

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
How many can call a friend or family without the speed dial ? How many can drive  to an unfamiliar destination with only a road map, ( how many got a road map)? How many can cook a real meal, (how many know  what a real meal is)? How many can tell time via a clock, or do math without a calculator, or write cursive?  Sad world indeed.
How many can Call GOD! GOD! and believe it!

decemberfellow---every one of life's situations you have given folks are correct: and, my friend, Most of Society can DO-- NONE of The Above! [society has been put in a Nazi Zoo of people.]

Tis a SAD DAY---yes indeed!!!

Most folks have No Understanding of Good vs. Evil; and thus they are blinded by Satan; and thus are helpless!

When a man or woman of age see's GOD in their Heart---then they can understand the eternal LOVE that GOD has towards us!

Old saying: Mankind says: 'show me and I will believe.' GOD says: "Believe and I will Show you!"

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2014, 01:23:15 AM »
God the Father the ultimate power. Yesterday today and tomorrow.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I

EvadingGrid

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2015, 08:16:09 AM »
I predict the Zombie apocalypse will only get worse in 2015. Sure, people might get a little tired of Facebook and Twitter - but they will simply reflect movement to other anti-social media.

Heck, it would be nice if 2015 was the year Facebook died, but they would just migrate to another App.

Offline Stevie440

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2015, 05:49:36 PM »
Thanks for all the information! TV is a way to influence the people at home, however if we become conscious of its workings, it won't have an effect anymore, or at least it will be minimized.
"The flame of will power burns in all of us"

Offline Outer Haven

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2015, 01:58:43 AM »
BUMP.
The choice is simple: either God or the world.

Offline truthprobe

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2015, 08:16:41 PM »
Maybe the only reality is the spiritual realm. 8)

Offline Nota Bene

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2015, 04:33:51 AM »
source: http://theweek.com/articles/469386/are-secretly-living-inside-computer-program

Are we secretly living inside a computer program?
Chris Gayomali
New research explores the hypothesis that like Neo, we might be living in The Matrix.

"Whoa." It's the familiar refrain of Neo (Keanu Reeves) in 1999's The Matrix, the celebrated cyberpunk thriller that imagines reality as a grandiose computer simulation. It's also how a few sci-fi fans are reacting to mind-bending new research that suggests the film's conceit might not be so far-fetched after all. Right now, University of Washington physicists are conducting experiments to determine whether or not the universe in which we're living is actually just one, gigantic computer simulation. Here's what you should know:

How could the universe be a computer simulation?
In 2003, a British philosopher named Nick Bostrom from the University of Oxford published a highly controversial but widely read paper in which he suggested, says Ray Villard at Discovery News, that "our far-evolved distant descendants might construct such a program to simulate the past and recreate how their remote ancestors lived." Any supercivilization, argues Bostrom, would inevitably create such a program.

Is that even possible?
Well, we already have simulation games like The Sims. But if you're going to reconstruct reality as we know it, you'd have to start at the most basic, fundamental level. Right now, the planet's most advanced supercomputers use a technique called lattice quantum chromodynamics (LQC) to model subatomic particles — stuff like quarks and gluons. In their paper "Constraints on the Universe as a Numerical Simulation," UW physicists argue that a super-super-super-super computer in the future could stack these basic subatomic building blocks together like Legos to recreate anything: Plants, animals, the human brain, oceans, planets, entire galaxies... you name it. Essentially, such a powerful computer could model space-time as a simulation from the Big Bang forward.

How would we be able to tell if we're living inside a computer-generated universe?
It's really complicated, but essentially UW researchers suggest that we could be living in an intelligently designed reality they're calling The Lattice. Like all software simulations, The Lattice should contain telltale evidence (or "signatures") that the space-time continuum as we know it was being modeled in some sort of omniscient computer. All you'd need to do was identify these "signatures," says Matt Peckham at TIME, say, "something like a limitation in the energy produced by cosmic rays." At the frayed boundaries of The Lattice, for instance, these cosmic rays would behaved in strange, unexpected ways.

How can we test it?
The paper doesn't specify. Physicist Martin Savage, one of the project's researchers, says that if the simulations run long enough, "and have the same laws as our universe, then something like our universe will emerge within that simulations, and the situation will repeat itself within each simulation." In other words, all we have to do is find a simulation within a simulation for evidence that our reality is, indeed, a simulation. You know what that means, says Villard: God could be a computer programmer rather than "a bearded old man living in the sky." Whoa, indeed.

Sources: Discovery News, TIME, ZeeNews
I am a member of this concept:
Reflect Back Mind Control Attacks!
http://www.paripari.n.nu
Protect Your Health with Quantum Knowledge:
http://www.quantumspirithealing.net

Offline Outer Haven

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2015, 05:13:43 AM »
Maybe the only reality is the spiritual realm. 8)
I think MOST people are detached from Reality these days...
The choice is simple: either God or the world.

Offline Nota Bene

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2015, 05:32:39 AM »
Well: the use of free will might be a kind of decision...?
I am a member of this concept:
Reflect Back Mind Control Attacks!
http://www.paripari.n.nu
Protect Your Health with Quantum Knowledge:
http://www.quantumspirithealing.net

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2015, 08:33:18 AM »
I think MOST people are detached from Reality these days...

Antiquated belief systems taught by the establishment are holding them back.

Some try to fit reality into their belief systems. (Dogma)
Other (Us) change our belief systems to fit reality. (Learning)
Watch out for the faithful, they are like machines.

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
These 30+ Cartoons Illustrate How Smartphones Are The Death Of Conversation
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »
Why are a relative handful of ruling-class parasites having such a ridiculously easy time economically gang-raping the masses? Although the following is clearly not the "only" reason, it is without question one of the primary reasons:

http://www.trueactivist.com/these-30-cartoons-illustrate-how-smartphones-are-the-death-of-conversation/

These 30+ Cartoons Illustrate How Smartphones Are The Death Of Conversation

by Amanda Froelich
True Activist
April 30, 2015

Hold that thought,”  your best friend states as he pushes his nose closer to the IPhone in his hand. Even ten years ago such behavior would have been considered rude, but today it’s an everyday occurrence.

But while technology may technically be ‘connecting’ people all over the globe, to what extent is it also separating individuals from having true, present communication with each other? This conundrum is a focus many cartoon artists have sought to bring attention to through illustration.

Whether at a coffee shop where patrons are more interested in their laptops than conversation, or at a family get-together where everyone has to check their cell-phones every 15 minutes,  there is no doubt it is becoming an exception – not the norm – to be able to hold conversation for an extended period of time.

Of course technology has improved all of our lives for the better, but the questions that now beg to be asked are “how much is too much?”, and “what are we going to do about it?”…

[Continued...]

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2015, 08:54:04 AM »
^^^^  Good post Geo.  and here we are on this typing to people we don't know, and then theres FOOTBALL today,  "whats that I heard about a bombing? geeze worlds going...   wait its a touchdown"     Crazy sick world Geo, thats for sure..

Who am I

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2016, 03:31:15 AM »
This is the new normal:

And we're probably all screwed precisely because it's the new normal.