Author Topic: >>>FBI 2006: "We need a cyber ENRON scandal to boost cybercrime awareness"<<<  (Read 15950 times)

Anti_Illuminati

THIS IS TRULY BLACKLISTED NEWS, AND I RECOVERED IT FROM A CYBERATTACKED SITE (WHAT A COINCIDENCE A SITE WOULD GET SHUT DOWN THAT WAS THE ONLY OTHER SOURCE IN THE WORLD THAT HAD THIS ARTICLE.)

I will not say where I got this info to protect the current source from being cyber false flagged off the net (you will not find it in a search engine, trust me) (I will be doing this frequently with such information).  This article is almost impossible to find, it is ONLY referenced here: (but I have the full article for you below =) )

http://buysinc.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_archive.html

FBI Hopes 'Digital Enron' Will Boost Cybercrime Awareness
Though the FBI is gradually making progress in prosecuting online criminals, the agency is still waiting for a major, newsworthy case like the Enron scandal to bring cybercrime to the forefront of public attention. Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, FBI special agent Shana Boswell-Crowe said

By Tom Sanders
VNUNet.com
07/22/06 5:00 AM PT
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/51940.html

Though the FBI is gradually making progress in prosecuting online criminals, the agency is still waiting for a major, newsworthy case like the Enron scandal to bring cybercrime to the forefront of public attention. Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, FBI special agent Shana Boswell-Crowe said.

Fighting cybercrime requires an Enron-like scandal to force the hand of legislators, the FBI argued Friday.

Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, according to FBI special agent Shana Boswell-Crowe.

"My theory is that computer crime is kind of like white collar crime before Enron," Boswell-Crowe said during a presentation at the McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, Calif.

'Large Event' Needed
"White collar crime used to be the bank [employee] sifting some money off, or some corporate guy who was going to get rich anyway," Boswell-Crowe went on.

"I do not think that [cybercrime] has had its day. There has not been something that's large enough to generate large-scale awareness. Awareness is increasing, but we have not had that large event that makes people think: 'This is really bad.'"

Boswell-Crowe complained that, while online crimes are committed within seconds, it still takes large amounts of evidence to obtain a search warrant.

There also is no clear legislation that defines when adware is installed illegally. Unless law enforcement officers are able to prove an intent to cause harm, botnet operators can get away with installing adware on computers.

Consumers, in the meantime, are carrying the burden if they become the victim of key-loggers, because they have technically given up their log-in and password information voluntarily.

Kids First, Pros Next
Boswell-Crowe claimed, however, that the FBI is making progress in tracking down and prosecuting online criminals.

Early cases have mainly involved teenagers looking to make a quick buck, but forgetting to clean up their tracks.

Tracking down professional organized cybercriminals takes more time, but the FBI is building cases against such organized groups.

Boswell-Crowe declined further comment because the FBI does not discuss cases before they are brought before a judge.

WHAT THE F*CK, SO, JAY ROCKEFELLER, HOW MUCH CREDIBILITY DO YOU THINK YOU WILL HAVE WHEN THIS ARTICLE GETS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF INFOWARS.COM PROVING THAT THE U.S. GOVT. HAS MADE IT PAINSTAKINGLY CLEAR THAT YOU ARE CALLING FOR FALSE FLAG INSIDE JOB CYBER ATTACKS TO DESTROY FREEDOM OF SPEECH?  YOU HAVE BEEN BUSTED, NOW SHUT THE F*CK UP WITH YOUR LIES, BOTH YOU AND THAT TRAITOR MCCONNEL, BOTH OF YOU NEED TO BE ARRESTED!!!

http://www.crime-research.org/news/23.07.2006/2137/

Fighting cybercrime
Date: July 23, 2006
Source: TechNewsWorld
By: Tom Sanders

Fighting cybercrime requires an Enron-like scandal to force the hand of legislators, the FBI argued Friday.

Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, according to FBI special agent Shana Boswell-Crowe.

"My theory is that computer crime is kind of like white collar crime before Enron," Boswell-Crowe said during a presentation at the McAfee Latest News about McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, Calif.

Offline Bacchanea

Offline RoadRunner

Re: *WTF!* FBI ADMITS NEED FOR CYBER FALSE FLAG FOR CYBERSECURITY!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:59:29 am »
THE ONLY OTHER SOURCE IN THE WORLD THAT HAD THIS ARTICLE.

I will not say where I got this info to protect the current source from being cyber false flagged off the net

You lost my interest when I realized you were citing some anonymous single source, which cannot be cross-referenced or have its legitimacy investigated by anyone, including yourself.
you can do anything you want
think anything you like
but you cant change human nature

sociostudent

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 01:13:10 am »
THIS IS TRULY BLACKLISTED NEWS, AND I RECOVERED IT FROM A CYBERATTACKED SITE (WHAT A COINCIDENCE A SITE WOULD GET SHUT DOWN THAT WAS THE ONLY OTHER SOURCE IN THE WORLD THAT HAD THIS ARTICLE.)

I will not say where I got this info to protect the current source from being cyber false flagged off the net (you will not find it in a search engine, trust me) (I will be doing this frequently with such information).  This article is almost impossible to find, it is ONLY referenced here: (but I have the full article for you below =) )

http://buysinc.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_archive.html

Though the FBI is gradually making progress in prosecuting online criminals, the agency is still waiting for a major, newsworthy case like the Enron scandal to bring cybercrime to the forefront of public attention. Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, FBI special agent Shana Boswell-Crowe said.

"My theory is that computer crime is kind of like white collar crime before Enron," Boswell-Crowe said during a presentation at the McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, Calif.

'Large Event' Needed
"White collar crime used to be the bank [employee] sifting some money off, or some corporate guy who was going to get rich anyway," Boswell-Crowe went on.

"I do not think that [cybercrime] has had its day. There has not been something that's large enough to generate large-scale awareness. Awareness is increasing, but we have not had that large event that makes people think: 'This is really bad.'"

Boswell-Crowe complained that, while online crimes are committed within seconds, it still takes large amounts of evidence to obtain a search warrant.

There also is no clear legislation that defines when adware is installed illegally. Unless law enforcement officers are able to prove an intent to cause harm, botnet operators can get away with installing adware on computers.

Consumers, in the meantime, are carrying the burden if they become the victim of key-loggers, because they have technically given up their log-in and password information voluntarily.

Kids First, Pros Next
Boswell-Crowe claimed, however, that the FBI is making progress in tracking down and prosecuting online criminals.

Early cases have mainly involved teenagers looking to make a quick buck, but forgetting to clean up their tracks.

Tracking down professional organized cybercriminals takes more time, but the FBI is building cases against such organized groups.

Boswell-Crowe declined further comment because the FBI does not discuss cases before they are brought before a judge.

WHAT THE F*CK, SO, JAY ROCKEFELLER, HOW MUCH CREDIBILITY DO YOU THINK YOU WILL HAVE WHEN THIS ARTICLE GETS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF INFOWARS.COM PROVING THAT THE U.S. GOVT. HAS MADE IT PAINSTAKINGLY CLEAR THAT YOU ARE CALLING FOR FALSE FLAG INSIDE JOB CYBER ATTACKS TO DESTROY FREEDOM OF SPEECH?  YOU HAVE BEEN BUSTED, NOW SHUT THE F*CK UP WITH YOUR LIES, BOTH YOU AND THAT TRAITOR MCCONNEL, BOTH OF YOU NEED TO BE ARRESTED!!!

http://www.crime-research.org/news/23.07.2006/2137/

Fighting cybercrime
Date: July 23, 2006
Source: TechNewsWorld
By: Tom Sanders

"My theory is that computer crime is kind of like white collar crime before Enron," Boswell-Crowe said during a presentation at the McAfee Latest News about McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, Calif.

Hope you don't mind. I did a little PR. We need to get this in the media. Jon Stewart covered the FBI's last attempt to call for false-flag terror, ON-AIR:
Sorry about the title of the youtube video (I didn't hear him say anything ABOUT illegals, so I'm assuming it's already been tainted with a little disinfo to kind of put people's minds on immigration, when the real issue is FFT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQJVhNH99c&e
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/02/jon-stewart-blasts-glenn_n_224766.html

Offline lavosslayer

• This is what happens after cats watch Obama...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:28:07 am »
You lost my interest when I realized you were citing some anonymous single source, which cannot be cross-referenced or have its legitimacy investigated by anyone, including yourself.

its not like its a hard thing to find its just that its the only place on the web to find it once you do. It used to be posted at technewsworld.com but is no longer there. Very interesting how that works...its not anonymous, the name of the writer and the article itself are all there for you...and seriously...sometimes there is only one source...I mean if someone broke a story with absolute facts straight from an inside source and they were the only one with that info, would you just discount it's validity just because its the only article saying so?
"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" -- Benjamin Franklin

Offline Cryptvill

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 01:54:14 am »
thanks for this AI, redistributed i did
Babylon-->Battycon-->Batikon-->Vatican

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 02:04:21 am »

This is a ridiculous comment.  There are THREE different sources with excerpts of the original article shown on this thread so far (that all match for the text that they quote), no one else had bothered to fully copy the article over to another site.  All of them point back to the exact same original source, which is impossible to access, even WITH the archives.  The full article that I posted was from a blog itself, to where someone at the time copied the original source and pasted it onto that blog.  THere is nothing to be gained by posting the link that I got the article from itself, because then someone could just say the same thing about where I got it from, because they did nothing different than what I did.  There is no official NEWS SITE that carries this anymore.  If you actually think that this cannot be trusted, then quite frankly you are wasting your time on this forum.  This is an off the charts huge story, and the MIC has and is cyber attacking sites, defacing them and trying to destroy info.  Let's expose all of our tricks and sources so that the NWO can destroy them and make them unusable thenceforth.  Makes a lot of sense.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 05:00:53 am »
"[T]he process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event––like a new Pearl Harbor".
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 05:06:35 am »

this is some kind of a joke right?

please take some time and read through AI's threads to get a general idea of what the f is going on. thanks
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

nofakenews

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 08:06:49 am »
this is some kind of a joke right?

please take some time and read through AI's threads to get a general idea of what the f is going on. thanks

Yup and the last part of this video should be all you need...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exr-cOJ_4Fw

FBI special agent talks about the organisation's crime fighting efforts and argues that it requires a digital "Enron" to force legislation and reform that can effectively fight cyber crime

Damascus

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:41:16 am »
I've always said Comcast is the Enron of the internet. I've had too much personal experience from them. The sad thing is the black lady behind the counter says "It's just Business" kind of like "I'm just following orders" or "I'm just doing my job". With all the things that have been done to them they should know better. I guess it feels good when somebody else gets screwed for a change.

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 10:51:05 am »
How many pieces of the puzzle have to be found before the picture is understandable?

I see it
You see it

but

Those that have not been following closely have no clue.  They get a one piece of the puzzle and it does not make sense.  They may event get two three or four but still, they can not see the picture.

How do we remedy this?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 11:02:40 am »
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=524

David Rockefeller said:

"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crises and the nations will accept the New World Order."

They use "terror" "crises" to do all of their dirty work, and they've done it for decades. They thrive on "chaos" which is why they create it. Then our weak-kneed Congressmen can be manipulated into doing ANYTHING under a crises never realizing THEY'VE BEEN MANIPULATED INTO "REACTING" VERSUS "ACTING SENSIBLY".

You can expect to see more false flags while these IDIOTS push for TOTAL RULE OVER THE PEOPLE! We must fight them the whole way, and keep exposing every dirty deed they pull, or they win, PERIOD!
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 11:19:21 am »
It's like reading the PNAC document, oh lordy lord.

Offline NWOSCUM

• "Yuppie Scum"
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 11:31:12 am »
I'd say this is HUGE f**king news.  And yea, it was a coinkidink that it was blacklisted.......lol.   ::)
"The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, and their power of forgetting is enormous." --Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf"

Offline TheHouseMan

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 11:38:42 am »
This seems to be the control of cyberspace spoken of in PNAC, which appears to be the Bible of the New World Order.

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 02:29:18 pm »
Don't the the wrong idea that I was blowing out of proportion saying that this was blacklisted outright, it certainly appeared to be, but AFAIK, this has never been talked about in any forum other than some blogs years ago.  I have managed to find other sources of this, since the original post--that did not come up initially.

Now this can be sourced when it is posted anywhere else:

By Tom Sanders
at McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, CA,
vnunet.com
21 Jul 2006

Cyber crime fighting effort requires an Enron-like scandal to force the hand of legislators, the FBI argued today. Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, special agent Shna Boswell-Crowe with the Federal Bureau of Investigation said.

"My personal theory is that computer crime is kind of like white collar crime before Enron," Boswell-Crowe said during a presentation at the McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, California

"It hasn't necessarily gone boom. White collar crime used to be the bank [employee] who was sifting some money off, or some corporate guy who was going to get rich anyway."

"I don't think [cyber crime] has had its day. I there hasn't been something that's large enough that there's a large-scale awareness. Awareness is increasing, but have we had that large event that makes people think: 'This is really bad'?"

Boswell-Crowe complained that, while online crimes are committed within seconds, it takes large amounts of evidence to obtain a search warrant.

There also is no clear legislation that defines when adware is installed illegally. Unless law enforcement officers are able prove an intent to cause harm, botnot operators could easily get away with installing adware on computers in his control.

Consumers in the meantime are carrying the burden if they become the victim of keyloggers, because technically they have voluntarily given up their login and password information.

Boswell-Crowe however added that the agency is making progress in tracking down and prosecuting online criminals.

Early cases have mainly involved teenagers who were looking to make a quick buck, but forgot to properly clean up their tracks. Tracking down professional organised cyber criminals takes more time, but the FBI is building cases against such organised groups.

She declined further comment because the bureau does not discuss cases before they are brought before a judge.

FBI needs 'digital Enron' to fight cyber-crime

Major online scandal needed to create awareness
Tom Sanders at McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, CA, vnunet.com
21 Jul 2006

Fighting cyber-crime requires an Enron-like scandal to force the hand of legislators, the FBI argued today.

Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, according to FBI special agent Shéna Boswell-Crowe.

"My theory is that computer crime is kind of like white collar crime before Enron," Boswell-Crowe said during a presentation at the McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, California.

"White collar crime used to be the bank [employee] sifting some money off, or some corporate guy who was going to get rich anyway.

"I do not think that [cyber-crime] has had its day. There has not been something that's large enough to generate large-scale awareness. Awareness is increasing, but we have not had that large event that makes people think: 'This is really bad.'"

There also is no clear legislation that defines when adware is installed illegally. Unless law enforcement officers are able prove an intent to cause harm, botnet operators can get away with installing adware on computers.

FBI needs 'digital Enron' to fight cyber-crime

http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/news/2160793/curbing-cyber-crime-requires

Major online scandal needed to create awareness

Tom Sanders at McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, CA

vnunet.com, 21 Jul 2006

Fighting cyber-crime requires an Enron-like scandal to force the hand of legislators, the FBI argued today.

Only after such an event could the necessary reforms be made to allow authorities to effectively battle online criminals, according to FBI special agent Shéna Boswell-Crowe.

"My theory is that computer crime is kind of like white collar crime before Enron," Boswell-Crowe said during a presentation at the McAfee Avert Labs Day in Mountain View, California.

"White collar crime used to be the bank [employee] sifting some money off, or some corporate guy who was going to get rich anyway.

"I do not think that [cyber-crime] has had its day. There has not been something that's large enough to generate large-scale awareness. Awareness is increasing, but we have not had that large event that makes people think: 'This is really bad.'"

There also is no clear legislation that defines when adware is installed illegally. Unless law enforcement officers are able prove an intent to cause harm, botnet operators can get away with installing adware on computers.

Tracking down professional organised cyber-criminals takes more time, but the FBI is building cases against such organised groups.

The current state of computer insecurity obviously isn't enough of a problem.

Otherwise companies wouldn't leave laptops with confidential information behind in taxis, they wouldn't fail to encrypt confidential data when it's transmitted over the internet.

Governments in certain rice eating or vodka drinking countries wouldn't tolerate organised cyber crime rings to operate, and western governments would realise that police has a tough time battling crimes that are committed in mere seconds if it takes weeks to obtain a search warrant.

A "digital Enron" (a high profile crime that makes lots of victims) however could change all that, argued FBI special agent Shéna Boswell-Crowe at a McAfee event.

Below you can view excerpts of her presentation.

Waiting For A Digital Disaster
from the no-silver-lining dept

There's no question that the current model of law enforcement isn't adequate to deal with cyber-crime, with all its complexity. While there are occasionally high-profile cases, it's a lot harder to patrol an area and prevent day-to-day crimes. At least one FBI agent believes the government won't make the sweeping changes necessary to fight cyber-crime until there's a "digital Enron", an event severe and shocking enough to force the government's hand. It's true that the government tends to react to major events (Enron, 9/11, Katrina) to make changes instead of doing so proactively, and it's disturbing that such critical legislation tends to be made in a time of panic. Rushing Sarbanes-Oxley through, at a time when people were outraged over Enron, clearly had major unseen consequences. It's scary to think what the equivalent of a digital Sarbanes-Oxley would look like, should we ever have a digital Enron.

Official reprimanded in DOE hacker case

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1152AP_File_Theft.html

http://archive.cert.uni-stuttgart.de/isn/2006/07/msg00084.html

By H. JOSEF HEBERT
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER
July 20, 2006

WASHINGTON -- Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman has reprimanded a senior official because 1,502 nuclear weapons workers were not told for nearly 10 months that their Social Security numbers and other information had been stolen by a computer hacker.

The action came as the department's inspector general blamed a breakdown in communications and poor management judgment for the failures to properly respond to the theft.

The IG report also said there was a "lengthy delay in the department's assessment of the impact" of the improper penetration of the National Nuclear Security Administration's computers at a service center in Albuquerque, N.M., last September.

The incident was not made public, nor were the individuals whose information had been compromised informed, until June.

"These employees were not well served this department," said Bodman, who apologized to them.

The senior official who was reprimanded was not identified.

NNSA Administrator Linton Brooks, who was interviewed extensively by the IG investigators and named in the report, has acknowledged that he learned of the computer file theft last September but did not tell his superiors at the DOE.

The IG report said Brooks, a former ambassador and nuclear arms negotiator, "took full responsibility" for the failure to inform Bodman and his deputy about the theft and acknowledged that he was the most senior official responsible for not following up to ensure the workers were notified of the theft.

The IG investigators identified seven other senior officials "who shared some level of responsibility for the way in which the matter was handled," said a summary of the report.

Bodman said there may be further disciplinary action, but he added that with the changes he has ordered - based on the IG's recommendations - "the department is putting this incident behind it and moving forward."

The NNSA is a semiautonomous agency within the department and oversees the nuclear weapons programs. The workers whose information was compromised worked for contractors at NNSA facilities around the country.

The incident was first made public at a June 9 congressional hearing. Bodman has said he and his top deputy first learned of the theft two days before the hearing.

At the time, Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee, demanded that Brooks, the No. 3 official at the Energy Department, be fired for not promptly informing his superiors of the theft.

The IG report said the "department's handling of this matter was largely dysfunctional" and blamed the communications breakdown on "questionable management judgments" and confusion among some managers about lines of authority as they involved the semi-independent NNSA and other DOE offices.

It's not known whether any of the information on the files has been used improperly. Nor has there been a great deal of information made public about the theft. Although the theft occurred from the NNSA's unclassified computer system - and not the weapons-related classified system - the full IG report remains classified and only a brief summary was released.

Brooks told the congressional hearing in June that the file contained names, Social Security numbers, date-of-birth information, a code where the employees worked and codes showing their security clearances.

The IG report called on the department to establish a clear and unambiguous policy on notifying employees of such thefts in the future.

It also said it needed to more clearly define who among various DOE offices - some of which are duplicated within NNSA and other parts of the DOE - is responsible for briefing the secretary and deputy in such matters.

Offline gEEk squad

• You're World Delivered... to the NSA
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 04:34:29 pm »
Harvard Professor Lawrence Lessig is told by Richard Clarke there will be an internet-9/11 event which will allow them to pass an "i-patriot act"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnete-dlXS0

-------------------

http://www.infowars.net/articles/august2008/050808i911.htm

Law Professor: Counter Terrorism Czar Told Me There Is Going To Be An i-9/11 And An i-Patriot Act

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Amazing revelations have emerged concerning already existing government plans to overhaul the way the internet functions in order to apply much greater restrictions and control over the web.

Lawrence Lessig, a respected Law Professor from Stanford University told an audience at this years Fortune’s Brainstorm Tech conference in Half Moon Bay, California, that "There’s going to be an i-9/11 event" which will act as a catalyst for a radical reworking of the law pertaining to the internet.

Lessig also revealed that he had learned, during a dinner with former government Counter Terrorism Czar Richard Clarke, that there is already in existence a cyber equivalent of the Patriot Act, an "i-Patriot Act" if you will, and that the Justice Department is waiting for a cyber terrorism event in order to implement its provisions.

During a group panel segment titled "2018: Life on the Net", Lessig stated:

There’s going to be an i-9/11 event. Which doesn't necessarily mean an Al Qaeda attack, it means an event where the instability or the insecurity of the internet becomes manifest during a malicious event which then inspires the government into a response. You've got to remember that after 9/11 the government drew up the Patriot Act within 20 days and it was passed.

The Patriot Act is huge and I remember someone asking a Justice Department official how did they write such a large statute so quickly, and of course the answer was that it has been sitting in the drawers of the Justice Department for the last 20 years waiting for the event where they would pull it out.

Of course, the Patriot Act is filled with all sorts of insanity about changing the way civil rights are protected, or not protected in this instance. So I was having dinner with Richard Clarke and I asked him if there is an equivalent, is there an i-Patriot Act just sitting waiting for some substantial event as an excuse to radically change the way the internet works. He said "of course there is".

Lessig is the founder of Stanford Law School's Center for Internet and Society. He is founding board member of Creative Commons and is a board member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and of the Software Freedom Law Center. He is best known as a proponent of reduced legal restrictions on copyright, trademark and radio frequency spectrum, particularly in technology applications.

These are clearly not the ravings of some paranoid cyber geek.

The Patriot Act, as well as its lesser known follow up the Domestic Security Enhancement Act 2003, also known as USA Patriot Act II, have been universally decried by civil libertarians and Constitutional scholars from across the political spectrum. They have stripped back basic rights and handed what have been described by even the most moderate critics as "dictatorial control" over to the president and the federal government.

Many believed that the legislation was a response to the attacks of 9/11, but the reality was that the Patriot Act was prepared way in advance of 9/11 and it sat dormant, awaiting an event to justify its implementation.

In the days after the attacks it was passed in the House by a majority of 357 to 66. It passed the Senate by 98 to 1. Congressman Ron Paul (R-Tex) told the Washington Times that no member of Congress was even allowed to read the legislation.

Now we discover that exactly the same freedom restricting legislation has already been prepared for the cyber world.

An i-9/11, as described by Lawrence Lessig, would provide the perfect pretext to implement such restrictions in one swift motion, as well as provide the justification for relegating and eliminating specific content and information on the web.

Such an event could come in the form of a major viral attack, the hacking of a major city's security or transport systems, or some other vital systems, or a combination of all of these things. Considering the amount of unanswered questions regarding 9/11 and all the indications that it was a covert false flag operation, it isn't hard to imagine such an event being played out in the cyber world.

However, regardless of any i-9/11 or i-Patriot Act, there is already a coordinated effort to stem the reach and influence of the internet.

We have tirelessly warned of this general movement to restrict, censor, control and eventually completely shut down the internet as we know it, thereby killing the last real vestige of free speech in the world today and eliminating the greatest communication and information tool ever conceived.

Our governments have reams of legislation penned to put clamps on the web as we know it. Legislation such as the PRO-IP Act of 2007: H.R. 4279, that would create an IP czar at the Department of Justice and the Intellectual Property Enforcement Act of 2007: S. 522, which would create an entire ‘Intellectual Property Enforcement Network’. These are just two examples.

In addition, we have already seen how the major corporate websites and social networks are decentralizing and coming together to implement overarching identification, verification and access systems that have been described by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg as "the beginning of a movement and the beginning of an industry.”

Some of these major tech companies have already joined efforts in projects such as the Information Card Foundation, which has proposed the creation of a system of internet ID cards that will be required for internet access. Of course, such a system would give those involved the ability to track and control user activity much more effectively. This is just one example.

In addition, as we reported yesterday, major transportation hubs like St. Pancras International, as well as libraries, big businesses, hospitals and other public outlets that offer wi-fi Internet, are blacklisting alternative news websites and making them completely inaccessible to their users.

These precedents are merely the first indication of what is planned for the Internet over the next 5-10 years, with the traditional web becoming little more than a vast spy database that catalogues people’s every activity and bombards them with commercials, while those who comply with centralized control and regulation of content will be free to enjoy the new super-fast Internet 2.

We must speak out about this rampant move to implement strict control mechanisms on the web NOW before it is too late, before the spine of the free internet is broken and its body essentially becomes paralyzed beyond repair.

kushfiend

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 05:08:07 pm »
but what will the cyber false flag attack be?  internet shutdown/censorship?

complete firebomb like in live free or die hard?

what are we talking about here?

sociostudent

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 02:12:02 am »
but what will the cyber false flag attack be?  internet shutdown/censorship?

complete firebomb like in live free or die hard?

what are we talking about here?

We're talking about:

being partly-censored on the web at sites like youtube or googlevid, or having your poster deleted from your facebook photos or something

vs

having every single thing you say, do, or research (including your porn-watching stats) studied intently by computer systems that are about 40 years ahead of ours as far as AI capability and will be forwarded to even MORE capable systems if/when they raise ANY red flags of ANYTHING at all (even if you're just researching innocuous things like we do exposing the NWO) and having people who are just trying to expose the nwo be tracked, traced, and databased, to later be "taken out" if necessary or something like that (That's just what I'm getting from it--they're talking about complete, 100% GODLIKE power on the web --along with the economic infrastructure crumbling underneath us while the trillions in debt are on top of us, crushing us--and it's disgusting.)

Offline squarepusher

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 01:05:05 am »
NOTE TO ANTI_ILLUMINATI: They've scrubbed this article, it can no longer be read on TechNewsWorld:

By Tom Sanders
VNUNet.com

'Large Event' Needed

Kids First, Pros Next

Here is the same article but on a different site:

http://www.newsty.com/world/id_40293/
Infowars Wiki - Help make this become the official wiki of Infowars.com - contribute!

luckee1

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 10:40:20 am »
He is right this is what it reads:
We're sorry...

The requested document: www.technewsworld.com/story/51940.html is no longer archived or does not exist. You may wish to use the search box below to locate articles on a particular topic.

I hope you all downloaded it and or copied it.

Offline squarepusher

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 02:27:03 am »
Guys from now on - as a safety precaution measure - whenever you come across an article you feel has EXPLOSIVE INFORMATION, run it through this:

http://backupurl.com/

This is Google Cache + Tinyurl rolled into one - it backs up the page AND it creates a shortened, easy to type URL for you.

That way they can't pull this 'Orwellian memory hole' con on us.
Infowars Wiki - Help make this become the official wiki of Infowars.com - contribute!

luckee1

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 01:09:34 pm »
I agree to do that. 

But as the old adage goes:  A bird (or information) in the hand (on your physical files, disks, paper), is worth more than two in the bush (sitting on a web page we cannot access when they pull the plug on the internet)!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
New Defense Bill: Pentagon authorized to Launch Clandestine Cybernetic Warfare

No judge, jury, etc.

If you are seen as a threat via anything they fabricate concerning your Internet usage or anything you own's internet usage, you are a lawful target for the full force of the United States military as well as HAARP, STUXNET, fake identification blackmail/extortion operations, and anything John Yoo authorized George Bush to do "in a time of war."

This is what RAND Corporation said would be the objective of the Internet...to use it as a way to circumvent Posse Comitatus.

New Defense Bill Authorizes Pentagon To Launch Clandestine Warfare via Cybernetics on American Citizens
http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-defense-bill-authorizes-us-government-to-launch-defensive-cyber-attacks.html
Suzanne Kubota
Federal News Radio
Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Within the chairman’s mark of the 2012 Defense Authorization bill is language that would allow DoD to carry out clandestine operations in cyberspace against targets located outside the United States and to defend against all attacks on DoD assets. “In particular, this section (962) would clarify that the Secretary of Defense has the authority to conduct clandestine cyberspace activities in support of military operations pursuant to the Authorization for the Use of Military Force….outside of the United States or to defend against a cyber attack on an asset of the Department of Defense.” According to the mark up, terrorists “are increasingly using the internet to exercise command and control,” and to spread technical information enabling attacks on U.S. and coalition forces, often from the relative safety of “distributed sanctuaries throughout the world. As a result, military activities may not be confined to a physical battlefield, and the use of military cyber activities has become a critical part of the effort to protect U.S. and coalition forces and combat terrorism globally.” The section of the bill expressly “includes the authority to conduct clandestine military activities in cyberspace in support of military operations,” where Congress has authorized the use of “all necessary and appropriate force” or to defend against a cyber attack on a DoD asset. Within the bill, there are more than a dozen items slated for funding labeled “cyber”. The largest amount goes to DISA with $24,085,000 requested and authorized by the House.