Sir Edward Kennedy, Knight Commander to the British Empire has fallen

Author Topic: Sir Edward Kennedy, Knight Commander to the British Empire has fallen  (Read 30153 times)

Offline ChristSavage

Re: Sir Edward Kennedy, Knight Commander to the British Empire has fallen
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2009, 12:35:33 am »
Pretty much agreed. He was literally dealt all the cards at birth and did nothing other than make himself and his family richer at the expense of the rest of us. Personally I'm sick to death with this country's "Cult of Camelot" that jizzes all over the Kennedys every move. They were the ultimate worthless eaters, who did nothing for the average person, but sadly the average person is mesmerized by them. Truly sad.
Lets hope and pray that a significant celebrity dies so we can be spared a month of a Teddy lovefest in the media.   

I think the clock may be ticking on Patrick Swayze, he has been very ill for as long as I can remember... 

Offline TheCaliKid

• What can we do about it, really?
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2009, 01:22:27 am »
He was 77 when he died on the 25th which is 7 so now we have 777 only putting this here because the news really shoved these numbers down our throats today.

Indeed.

Better to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission

JBS

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2009, 03:19:04 am »
Those poor Kennedys, the whole family is nothing but a punching bag for the NWO freaks.

Offline BLACKKNIGHT

« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2009, 05:39:02 am »
I think the clock may be ticking on Patrick Swayze, he has been very ill for as long as I can remember... 

Swayze as far as I know hasn't skirted the law (molesting children, murder, drug dealing etc) enough to have a personality cult like Jacko did. We need someone a little bigger and badder who especially is an icon to the morons in the media. 

Even better would be if the Skynyrd thing could happen to Madonna. We've lost enough real talent to airplane crashes, maybe karma can throw us all a bone in her case.

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2009, 05:57:58 am »

'ol David is 94 years old......Satan can't wait forever.........

Then again, he doesn't have mass appeal.

Hmmmmm....

Offline LibertyPrevails

« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2009, 06:17:45 am »
I just wrote an article pertaining to Ted Kennedy called "Thoughts of a Dying Conman". It's sure to get me a lot of hate mail. Check it out if you want. http://www.americareclaimed.com/thoughts-of-a-dying-conman
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?” ―Psalm 94:16

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57:50 am »
Ted Kennedy: The Senator of Sleaze who was a drunk sexual bully... and left a young woman to die
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1209313/Ted-Kennedy-The-Senator-Sleaze-drunk-sexual-bully--left-young-woman-die.html
By Charlie Laurence
Last updated at 8:12 AM on 27th August 2009

Senator Edward 'Ted' Kennedy stood for sleaze. Bloated and drunken, he used his standing in the Kennedy clan to chase vulnerable women  -  which brought his dream of reaching the White House to a shameful end.

He was the youngest of the four Kennedy brothers, and by far the longest lived.

Incredibly, he was in line to inherit his brother John F. Kennedy's legendary presidency, but his chances were dashed following the drowning of the pretty, young campaign assistant Mary Jo Kopechne.

The hope of America that went so wrong: (From left) Jack, Bobby and Ted Kennedy in July 1960

Forever known as the Chappaquiddick Incident after the Massachusetts island where it took place, the scandal in 1969 broke the Kennedy grip on the White House.

A drunk Ted had been driving back from a party to the family 'compound' on Martha's Vineyard when he veered off a bridge and into a deep tidal dyke.

Drowned: Mary Jo Kopechne was killed after Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge with her inside

Mary Jo was in the back seat and, while he claimed he was just giving her a lift back to her hotel, it was widely thought that he had picked her up for sex. Kennedy swam ashore to save himself, but left Mary Jo to drown  -  in fact, it was even worse than that.

It was nine hours before he reported the accident. In the meantime, he walked back to his motel, complained to the manager about a noisy party, took a shower, went to sleep, ordered newspapers when he woke up and spoke to a friend and two lawyers before finally calling the police.

Divers later estimated that if he had called them immediately, they would have had time to pull out Mary Jo. She had not drowned, but had survived in an air pocket inside the car  -  she was asphyxiated only when the oxygen ran out several hours later.

As always, Ted used the family name to save his neck. In any other state but Massachusetts, the Kennedys' home turf, and with any other name, he would have been charged with homicide.

Instead, he escaped with a slap on the wrist: a two-year suspended sentence and the loss of his driving licence for a year. He had been allowed to plead guilty to no more than the charge of leaving the scene of an accident.

Kennedy lawyers arranged for him to pay £55,000 to the Kopechne family from his own pocket with a further £30,000 from his insurance. Mary Jo's mother later said: 'I don't think he ever said he was sorry.'

More...
RUTH DUDLEY EDWARDS: Ted Kennedy loathed Britain - so why did Gordon Brown knight him?
End of a dynasty: As Ted Kennedy dies a 'heartbroken' Obama leads tributes to 'the greatest U.S senator of our time'

At the height of the scandal, Kennedy went on TV to explain himself in an extraordinary 13-minute address in which he denied driving drunk and rejected rumours of
'immoral conduct' with Kopechne.

He said he was haunted by 'irrational' thoughts immediately after the accident, and wondered 'whether some awful curse did actually hang over all the Kennedys'.

He said his failure to report the accident right away was 'indefensible'.

Yet the tragedy and his actions appalled millions of Americans.

Tragic: The wreckage of Ted Kennedy's car in which he left Mary Jo

Edward Moore Kennedy was born on February 22, 1932, and took over the U.S. Senate seat once held by JFK in 1962. He was 30, the youngest age allowed.

By this point in the family's extraordinary history, JFK  -  John Fitzgerald Kennedy  -  was President and the next in line, Robert 'RFK' Kennedy, was Attorney General. Their eldest brother, Patrick, had died in World War II.

Ted at first impressed his family and his electorate with hard work and legislative skill in the Senate.

When JFK was assassinated just a year later, Ted was at work on a committee and reportedly stood stunned and unable to move when he heard.

The assassination would prove to be the opening shot in the destruction of the family that in 1960 had held the promise of an era of unprecedented hope in the U.S.

Less than a year after the assassination, Ted experienced his own brush with death in a plane crash. The pilot and one of his Senate aides were killed. He was left with a permanent back injury, broken ribs and a punctured lung.

He was immobilised for seven months, but the family's dominance of Massachusetts politics was so powerful that he nevertheless easily won his first re-election.

In 1964, as his brother 'Bobby' Kennedy began to prepare for his own accession to the White House in the 1968 election campaign, the younger Kennedy made his name in the Senate by steering crucial reforms through Washington with President Lyndon Johnson.

But then RFK was gunned down in Los Angeles and Ted Kennedy became de facto head of the family.

The shattering blow left him barely able to deliver his brother's funeral eulogy in New York's St Patrick's Cathedral. He retreated from politics to spend the next ten weeks brooding and sailing alone off Cape Cod.

Eulogised: Ted Kennedy has been fondly remembered by politicians all over the world after his death

But then he stood before the TV cameras once again to announce: 'Like my brothers before me, I pick up the fallen standard. Sustained by the memory of our priceless years together, I shall carry forward the special commitment to justice, excellence and courage that distinguished their lives.'

It was not to be. The steamroller Kennedy political machine, combined with his popular opposition to the then raging Vietnam War, made him favourite for the 1972 presidential election, but the drunken drive that killed Mary Jo snuffed out his bid.

Edward Kennedy's character flaws would have sidelined any man from a lesser family before his career had begun. Schooled in the height of privilege, like his brothers, at exclusive boarding 'prep' schools, Kennedy went on to Harvard.

But he was expelled from that Ivy League bastion for persuading another undergraduate to take his Spanish exams for him. It was an episode that should have served as a warning to the voters.

Kennedy joined the Army to redeem himself and was later readmitted to Harvard. He followed the classic path of the American elite to law school, graduated and was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar.

Irish support: Kennedy with Sinn Fein's Gerry Adams - for years the Democrat was seen as a cheerleader for American Irish supporters of the IRA

But he did not take a single case. He believed that, like his brothers, he was destined for greatness. As he could not stand for the Senate until he was 30, the Kennedy machine arranged for a 'stooge' candidate to hold the family seat for two years, when JFK left it for the White House.

Ted won his first election easily, but not before his rival for the Democratic nomination remarked with prescience: 'If your name was simply Edward Moore instead of Edward Moore Kennedy, your candidacy would be a joke.'

As he entered the Senate, Kennedy was admired for his commanding 6ft 2in stature and the good looks that seemed a family blessing. But he was already drinking and womanising with the greed that has become known as a vice of Kennedy men.

Keeping such a vice under wraps seemed to run in the blood (as did charisma). His father, Joe, the patriarch who had got away with bootlegging in the Prohibition years to establish the family fortune, had also behaved that way.

While Ted drank and took advantage of compliant women in Washington, his wife Joan stayed at home in Boston to look after his three children. Like her sister-in-law Jacqui, she seemed to have learned that Kennedy women had to put up with humiliation.

The effort ruined her health, however. Kennedy's unending philandering turned her into an alcoholic and, in 1983, she could take no more.

She could no longer stand the hypocrisy of her husband posing for the public as if he lived for family values. She divorced, publicly confessed to her alcoholism and helped shatter what was left of the Kennedy aura.

Charisma, political skill, good timing and ruthlessness had enabled the family to dominate U.S. public life, despite foibles from links with Chicago gangsters to the sexual arrogance that had, according to legend, seen both JFK and RFK seduce Marilyn Monroe.

A writer once noted: 'Ted Kennedy born and bred to act like the last of the Regency rakes: to be a boor when it pleases him, to take what he wants, to treat women as score markers in the game of sexual sport and to revel in high stakes risks.'

University days: Ted Kennedy (right) playing football at Harvard in 1955

His brothers got away with it, but Ted Kennedy's divorce removed the last bounds of shame and he plunged into a life that left him looking like a Saturday night drunk, waving a bottle and calling for any woman who could tolerate him. He staggered from scandal to scandal, reduced to fodder for lurid ' supermarket' tabloid newspapers.

One congressional aide, just 16, told of being propositioned by Kennedy from the back seat of his limousine in Capitol Hill. She testified that he leaned from the window, waved a wine bottle and asked whether she or a friend she was with wanted to join him.

He reeked of drink by nine in the morning and could be relied on to be bawling drunk at four in the afternoon. In Washington's top La Brasserie restaurant, he once threw a waitress over a table in a private room and tried to have sex with her.

His face, once handsome, became as round as a football, bloated and criss-crossed with the broken veins of an out-of-control drinker.

Remarkably, he held on to his political clout and his legislative skills. He won re-election after reelection, dying in office as America's second-longest serving senator.

He was also responsible  -  or credited by the Left  -  for an unrivalled body of 'liberal' legislation. He reformed immigration and labour laws, supported 'pro-choice' abortion rights, voted for tougher gun laws and against the Iraq war, and supported gay marriage.

It wasn't long before he became embroiled in another Kennedy family scandal. In 1991, the U.S. was outraged when clan-member William Kennedy Smith was accused of a date rape.

The Kennedy men had gathered at the family's winter beach house in Florida. Smith (Ted's nephew) was accused of taking a young woman, Patricia Bowman, on to the beach late at night and forcing her to have sex against her will.

Smith was found not guilty after building a defence of 'rough', but consensual, sex.
But at the young man's trial, Kennedy was left, once again, with his trousers down. Witnesses testified that he had been lounging in his boxer shorts as Smith coaxed Bowman on to the beach, and did nothing to intervene.

It had been Kennedy who had earlier woken the younger men in his party and insisted that they go out to a nightclub to hunt for women.

After that, Kennedy seemed to seize a final chance to gain a measure of personal control. He offered a mea culpa in which he said he recognised his 'shortcomings, the faults in the conduct of my private life'.

He married a second time, to Washington lawyer Victoria Reggie, who survives him, and said of her: 'She has enriched my life beyond measure.'

At 60, his Kennedy mane still thick but snow white, it finally seemed as if the youngest brother had learned his lesson.

Indeed, it was another tragedy that devastated the family and the nation that partly rehabilitated Kennedy in the public mind: the death in the light aircraft of John Kennedy Jnr, the son of JFK and the heir presumptive to his Camelot.

He was the little boy photographed saluting his father's coffin, and who had become a handsome young man with true potential. America was heartbroken.

Edward Kennedy, for once, rose above his own character defects to preside over the mourning at the funeral.

In his eulogy for John, he said: 'We dared to think, in that other Irish phrase, that this John Kennedy would live to comb grey hair. But like his father, he had every gift but length of years. He had a legacy and he learned to treasure it. He was part of a legend and he learned to live with it.'

In his own right, Ted Kennedy was a legend, too  -  but for all the wrong reasons.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Fenian

• CONSPIRACY SCOPE
Re: Another Senator gone....
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2009, 01:21:39 pm »
I think Kennedy was set up at Chappaquiddick... they wanted him out of the political picture. Didn't work completely, but he'd never get beyond Senator. They were saying "NO" to presidential bid in the future.
I think he sold out - went along with the PTB... minded his own agenda and never pursued his brothers' murderers. Fear I think.. they would have killed him too .. tried with a plane crash, destroyed his political career with Chappaquiddick, and rendered him politically impotent beyond his role in the senate. And he was allowed to keep that role because he became a useful tool for the left/right paradigm.

John Dean summed it up when he said to Richard Nixon as recorded on the White House tapes in 1973: "If Teddy knew the bear trap he was walking into at Chappaquiddick. . . .

THE TAKING OF AMERICA, 1-2-3

by Richard E. Sprague
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToA.html#TOC

Chapter 7

The Control of the Kennedys
Threats & Chappaquiddick
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToAchp7.html

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Another Senator gone....
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »
  John Dean summed it up when he said to Richard Nixon as recorded on the White House tapes in 1973: "If Teddy knew the bear trap he was walking into at Chappaquiddick. . . .

THE TAKING OF AMERICA, 1-2-3

by Richard E. Sprague
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToA.html#TOC

Chapter 7

The Control of the Kennedys
Threats & Chappaquiddick
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToAchp7.html

I am sorry to say that Ted, although completely compromised and in fear of his life became a willing conspirator.

the icing on the cake is the knighthood.

He was not Jack and he sure as hell had no commonality with Bobby.

I do agree about Chappaquiddick with John Dean, but I do not agree that he helped this country.  I may never know what he might have done for this country, but even his nephews have done more in my opinion than ever would had he lived another 100 years.  His last stellar achievment was raising the minimum wage during a recession. back asswards does not even begin to describe his legislative failures.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2009, 01:48:24 pm »
'ol David is 94 years old......Satan can't wait forever.........

Then again, he doesn't have mass appeal.

Hmmmmm....

This is David Rockefeller in a few years from now:

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2009, 02:09:28 pm »
The Press Democrat, owned by The New York Times, has their front story headline today honoring Ted Kennedy and saying something like "Will the loss of his vote/influence end the health care struggle?"

I just saw the damn thing at the store but can't remember the exact headline. That paper is so libtard it's not even fit for bird cage liner.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2009, 02:29:14 pm »
The Press Democrat, owned by The New York Times, has their front story headline today honoring Ted Kennedy and saying something like "Will the loss of his vote/influence end the health care struggle?" ...

I saw it on the ticker - that they will keep his seat vacant for several months - so one less vote for DeathCare

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2009, 02:35:17 pm »
I saw it on the ticker - that they will keep his seat vacant for several months - so one less vote for DeathCare

That's good news.. I was sure Deval Patrick would rush to fill it.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine, A Dissertation on the First Principles of Government, 1795

Online chris jones

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2009, 03:08:54 pm »

I beleive that after his brothers were killed, his plane crash, and so called accident he should Have left the public office.

He never did have the stuff of his brothers, but I do beleive had they remained alive he could have been a different man.

Got to say it, we can kick the living shiite out of this guy for his many of his career activites, but there are those of us who see the other side of the coin. After loosing his family to the murdering bastards, then remaining in politics with the knowledge of what could very well happen to him, and I feel sure he was aware of the killers and their crew.

Nixon called it a beartrap, I have the feeling that when his big brother had his head shot, the beartrap was set,  Ted was effected. On top of that his other brother was killed in the same manner.

Had he left public office and gone private, put his head together, he may have accomplished more as a plain ol citizen.

I met this man many years ago in Hyannis, only one night as a call in guard. All I can tell you from that experience is he treated me and the others with respect and concern, his heart was in there, it was his brain and emotions the big dogs feeded upon.

Offline SUPREMEMASTER

• Commander
    • http://www.activismoverdrive.comze.com
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2009, 03:24:33 pm »
This is David Rockefeller in a few years from now:

He looks slightly... younger
Automatic User Post Signature:
The message has to be put out in the right way.
Website Still Needs to be updated |ActivismOverDrive.comze.net|

luckee1

« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:55 pm »
That is his clone, that is why

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2009, 03:43:56 pm »
That is his clone, that is why

Yes awaiting the download of his digitized brain via the neural interface. 10101001001001

Offline Lin Kuei

« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2009, 04:38:56 pm »
He was 77 when he died on the 25th which is 7 so now we have 777 only putting this here because the news really shoved these numbers down our throats today.

Hmm dunno about that... not as in-your-face as the alleged impact of Flight 77, hitting the 77ft high Pentagon wall traveling at 777ft per second (= 530mph, as per Official 9/11 Commission speed), while E-4B doomsday aircraft with callsign 'Venus 77' flies overhead.

Offline Angry Patriot

« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2009, 06:10:51 pm »

"I am very well known, a United States senator. My family is incredibly powerful. There are allegations that I had been drinking heavily hours up to the time I got into the vehicle with the passenger. I deny this for the rest of my life. That at no point did I make an attempt to call for rescue would probably be considered by many people to be outrageous and horrible, perhaps a crime that would carry a prison sentence. Can you imagine what the parents of the deceased would be going through when they found out that their 28-year-old daughter died alone in total darkness? I serve no time. Not inconvenienced by the burdensome obstacle of incarceration, I seek to maintain my elected position. I am successful and remain a senator for the next four decades. Would any deed I performed in that time, besides going to prison for the negligent homicide I committed all those years ago, be enough to wipe the slate clean? After my passing, would you fail to mention the incident and the death of this innocent person in reviewing the events of my long and lauded life? You wouldn’t forget about her, would you? That would be negligent."

-Henry Rollins

"The most important lesson of History is that nobody ever learns History's lesson"

Aldous Huxley

Offline Scootle

« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2009, 06:31:23 pm »
No this is david rockefeller in a few years...

With crazy Jay Rockefeller, top right, going "Teh Internetz, tehy r everywhere!"
The truth will set you free
From global tyranny
Wake up American slobs
9/11 was an inside job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntBg2qwk_M&fmt=35

Century of Manipulation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujq-C1UAw0

... Here's Tom with the weather!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCIcjIngLA

Offline psy0ps

• Groom of the Stool
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2009, 06:39:23 pm »
WARNING: Opening volley in the Ted Kennedy Memorial Health Care Bill:

Dodd: "Maybe Teddy's Passing" Will Spur GOP To Act On Health Care

Senator Ted Kennedy's closest friend and ally in the Senate urged Republican lawmakers on Wednesday to take a renewed and sincere interest in passing health care legislation in light of Kennedy's death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/26/dodd-maybe-teddys-passing_n_269581.html

Dodd has GOT to GO in 2010.

Local news just showed congressman Carson say that this health care bill was T. Kennedy's baby and it was their responsibility to make sure it passes now or it would be a disservice to him...He also used the lion talking point. Ill try to find this video.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2009, 06:57:42 pm »
^ *barfs* in their general direction

Offline hardrain77

« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2009, 06:59:51 pm »
"I am very well known, a United States senator. My family is incredibly powerful. There are allegations that I had been drinking heavily hours up to the time I got into the vehicle with the passenger. I deny this for the rest of my life. That at no point did I make an attempt to call for rescue would probably be considered by many people to be outrageous and horrible, perhaps a crime that would carry a prison sentence. Can you imagine what the parents of the deceased would be going through when they found out that their 28-year-old daughter died alone in total darkness? I serve no time. Not inconvenienced by the burdensome obstacle of incarceration, I seek to maintain my elected position. I am successful and remain a senator for the next four decades. Would any deed I performed in that time, besides going to prison for the negligent homicide I committed all those years ago, be enough to wipe the slate clean? After my passing, would you fail to mention the incident and the death of this innocent person in reviewing the events of my long and lauded life? You wouldn’t forget about her, would you? That would be negligent."

-Henry Rollins

Awesome quote. 

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2009/08/wheres-mary-jo-kopechnes-eulogy.html
"Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of something. They know there is a power somewhere, so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so pervasive, they had better not speak above their breath."

Woodrow Wilson

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2009, 07:05:58 pm »
Ted Kennedy: The Senator of Sleaze who was a drunk sexual bully... and left a young woman to die
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1209313/Ted-Kennedy-The-Senator-Sleaze-drunk-sexual-bully--left-young-woman-die.html
By Charlie Laurence
Last updated at 8:12 AM on 27th August 2009

Senator Edward 'Ted' Kennedy stood for sleaze. Bloated and drunken, he used his standing in the Kennedy clan to chase vulnerable women  -  which brought his dream of reaching the White House to a shameful end.

He was the youngest of the four Kennedy brothers, and by far the longest lived.

Incredibly, he was in line to inherit his brother John F. Kennedy's legendary presidency, but his chances were dashed following the drowning of the pretty, young campaign assistant Mary Jo Kopechne.

The hope of America that went so wrong: (From left) Jack, Bobby and Ted Kennedy in July 1960

Forever known as the Chappaquiddick Incident after the Massachusetts island where it took place, the scandal in 1969 broke the Kennedy grip on the White House.

A drunk Ted had been driving back from a party to the family 'compound' on Martha's Vineyard when he veered off a bridge and into a deep tidal dyke.

Drowned: Mary Jo Kopechne was killed after Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge with her inside

Mary Jo was in the back seat and, while he claimed he was just giving her a lift back to her hotel, it was widely thought that he had picked her up for sex. Kennedy swam ashore to save himself, but left Mary Jo to drown  -  in fact, it was even worse than that.

It was nine hours before he reported the accident. In the meantime, he walked back to his motel, complained to the manager about a noisy party, took a shower, went to sleep, ordered newspapers when he woke up and spoke to a friend and two lawyers before finally calling the police.

Divers later estimated that if he had called them immediately, they would have had time to pull out Mary Jo. She had not drowned, but had survived in an air pocket inside the car  -  she was asphyxiated only when the oxygen ran out several hours later.

As always, Ted used the family name to save his neck. In any other state but Massachusetts, the Kennedys' home turf, and with any other name, he would have been charged with homicide.

Instead, he escaped with a slap on the wrist: a two-year suspended sentence and the loss of his driving licence for a year. He had been allowed to plead guilty to no more than the charge of leaving the scene of an accident.

Kennedy lawyers arranged for him to pay £55,000 to the Kopechne family from his own pocket with a further £30,000 from his insurance. Mary Jo's mother later said: 'I don't think he ever said he was sorry.'

More...
RUTH DUDLEY EDWARDS: Ted Kennedy loathed Britain - so why did Gordon Brown knight him?
End of a dynasty: As Ted Kennedy dies a 'heartbroken' Obama leads tributes to 'the greatest U.S senator of our time'

At the height of the scandal, Kennedy went on TV to explain himself in an extraordinary 13-minute address in which he denied driving drunk and rejected rumours of
'immoral conduct' with Kopechne.

He said he was haunted by 'irrational' thoughts immediately after the accident, and wondered 'whether some awful curse did actually hang over all the Kennedys'.

He said his failure to report the accident right away was 'indefensible'.

Yet the tragedy and his actions appalled millions of Americans.

Tragic: The wreckage of Ted Kennedy's car in which he left Mary Jo

Edward Moore Kennedy was born on February 22, 1932, and took over the U.S. Senate seat once held by JFK in 1962. He was 30, the youngest age allowed.

By this point in the family's extraordinary history, JFK  -  John Fitzgerald Kennedy  -  was President and the next in line, Robert 'RFK' Kennedy, was Attorney General. Their eldest brother, Patrick, had died in World War II.

Ted at first impressed his family and his electorate with hard work and legislative skill in the Senate.

When JFK was assassinated just a year later, Ted was at work on a committee and reportedly stood stunned and unable to move when he heard.

The assassination would prove to be the opening shot in the destruction of the family that in 1960 had held the promise of an era of unprecedented hope in the U.S.

Less than a year after the assassination, Ted experienced his own brush with death in a plane crash. The pilot and one of his Senate aides were killed. He was left with a permanent back injury, broken ribs and a punctured lung.

He was immobilised for seven months, but the family's dominance of Massachusetts politics was so powerful that he nevertheless easily won his first re-election.

In 1964, as his brother 'Bobby' Kennedy began to prepare for his own accession to the White House in the 1968 election campaign, the younger Kennedy made his name in the Senate by steering crucial reforms through Washington with President Lyndon Johnson.

But then RFK was gunned down in Los Angeles and Ted Kennedy became de facto head of the family.

The shattering blow left him barely able to deliver his brother's funeral eulogy in New York's St Patrick's Cathedral. He retreated from politics to spend the next ten weeks brooding and sailing alone off Cape Cod.

Eulogised: Ted Kennedy has been fondly remembered by politicians all over the world after his death

But then he stood before the TV cameras once again to announce: 'Like my brothers before me, I pick up the fallen standard. Sustained by the memory of our priceless years together, I shall carry forward the special commitment to justice, excellence and courage that distinguished their lives.'

It was not to be. The steamroller Kennedy political machine, combined with his popular opposition to the then raging Vietnam War, made him favourite for the 1972 presidential election, but the drunken drive that killed Mary Jo snuffed out his bid.

Edward Kennedy's character flaws would have sidelined any man from a lesser family before his career had begun. Schooled in the height of privilege, like his brothers, at exclusive boarding 'prep' schools, Kennedy went on to Harvard.

But he was expelled from that Ivy League bastion for persuading another undergraduate to take his Spanish exams for him. It was an episode that should have served as a warning to the voters.

Kennedy joined the Army to redeem himself and was later readmitted to Harvard. He followed the classic path of the American elite to law school, graduated and was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar.

Irish support: Kennedy with Sinn Fein's Gerry Adams - for years the Democrat was seen as a cheerleader for American Irish supporters of the IRA

But he did not take a single case. He believed that, like his brothers, he was destined for greatness. As he could not stand for the Senate until he was 30, the Kennedy machine arranged for a 'stooge' candidate to hold the family seat for two years, when JFK left it for the White House.

Ted won his first election easily, but not before his rival for the Democratic nomination remarked with prescience: 'If your name was simply Edward Moore instead of Edward Moore Kennedy, your candidacy would be a joke.'

As he entered the Senate, Kennedy was admired for his commanding 6ft 2in stature and the good looks that seemed a family blessing. But he was already drinking and womanising with the greed that has become known as a vice of Kennedy men.

Keeping such a vice under wraps seemed to run in the blood (as did charisma). His father, Joe, the patriarch who had got away with bootlegging in the Prohibition years to establish the family fortune, had also behaved that way.

While Ted drank and took advantage of compliant women in Washington, his wife Joan stayed at home in Boston to look after his three children. Like her sister-in-law Jacqui, she seemed to have learned that Kennedy women had to put up with humiliation.

The effort ruined her health, however. Kennedy's unending philandering turned her into an alcoholic and, in 1983, she could take no more.

She could no longer stand the hypocrisy of her husband posing for the public as if he lived for family values. She divorced, publicly confessed to her alcoholism and helped shatter what was left of the Kennedy aura.

Charisma, political skill, good timing and ruthlessness had enabled the family to dominate U.S. public life, despite foibles from links with Chicago gangsters to the sexual arrogance that had, according to legend, seen both JFK and RFK seduce Marilyn Monroe.

A writer once noted: 'Ted Kennedy born and bred to act like the last of the Regency rakes: to be a boor when it pleases him, to take what he wants, to treat women as score markers in the game of sexual sport and to revel in high stakes risks.'

University days: Ted Kennedy (right) playing football at Harvard in 1955

His brothers got away with it, but Ted Kennedy's divorce removed the last bounds of shame and he plunged into a life that left him looking like a Saturday night drunk, waving a bottle and calling for any woman who could tolerate him. He staggered from scandal to scandal, reduced to fodder for lurid ' supermarket' tabloid newspapers.

One congressional aide, just 16, told of being propositioned by Kennedy from the back seat of his limousine in Capitol Hill. She testified that he leaned from the window, waved a wine bottle and asked whether she or a friend she was with wanted to join him.

He reeked of drink by nine in the morning and could be relied on to be bawling drunk at four in the afternoon. In Washington's top La Brasserie restaurant, he once threw a waitress over a table in a private room and tried to have sex with her.

His face, once handsome, became as round as a football, bloated and criss-crossed with the broken veins of an out-of-control drinker.

Remarkably, he held on to his political clout and his legislative skills. He won re-election after reelection, dying in office as America's second-longest serving senator.

He was also responsible  -  or credited by the Left  -  for an unrivalled body of 'liberal' legislation. He reformed immigration and labour laws, supported 'pro-choice' abortion rights, voted for tougher gun laws and against the Iraq war, and supported gay marriage.

It wasn't long before he became embroiled in another Kennedy family scandal. In 1991, the U.S. was outraged when clan-member William Kennedy Smith was accused of a date rape.

The Kennedy men had gathered at the family's winter beach house in Florida. Smith (Ted's nephew) was accused of taking a young woman, Patricia Bowman, on to the beach late at night and forcing her to have sex against her will.

Smith was found not guilty after building a defence of 'rough', but consensual, sex.
But at the young man's trial, Kennedy was left, once again, with his trousers down. Witnesses testified that he had been lounging in his boxer shorts as Smith coaxed Bowman on to the beach, and did nothing to intervene.

It had been Kennedy who had earlier woken the younger men in his party and insisted that they go out to a nightclub to hunt for women.

After that, Kennedy seemed to seize a final chance to gain a measure of personal control. He offered a mea culpa in which he said he recognised his 'shortcomings, the faults in the conduct of my private life'.

He married a second time, to Washington lawyer Victoria Reggie, who survives him, and said of her: 'She has enriched my life beyond measure.'

At 60, his Kennedy mane still thick but snow white, it finally seemed as if the youngest brother had learned his lesson.

Indeed, it was another tragedy that devastated the family and the nation that partly rehabilitated Kennedy in the public mind: the death in the light aircraft of John Kennedy Jnr, the son of JFK and the heir presumptive to his Camelot.

He was the little boy photographed saluting his father's coffin, and who had become a handsome young man with true potential. America was heartbroken.

Edward Kennedy, for once, rose above his own character defects to preside over the mourning at the funeral.

In his eulogy for John, he said: 'We dared to think, in that other Irish phrase, that this John Kennedy would live to comb grey hair. But like his father, he had every gift but length of years. He had a legacy and he learned to treasure it. He was part of a legend and he learned to live with it.'

In his own right, Ted Kennedy was a legend, too  -  but for all the wrong reasons.

But yet, he's a Liberal Hero.

I say, dig a ditch and bury the bitch.
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2009, 12:42:41 pm »
Just watched RFK Must Die.. and was reminded of what we lost when he and JFK were murdered by the 'shadow' government. We lost our republic a long time ago.

This media-saturation concerning Ted Kennedy is a farce. He was a Kennedy in name only - he did not have even an ounce of the integrity of his two brothers.

He MUST have realized that Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan were patsys - and he did NOTHING. He sat in comfort for decades in his senate seat and just looked the other way as our country was hijacked and raped by the bastards who murdered his brothers. He sullies the graves of the actual heroes buried at Arlington Cemetery. He was a coward, and he doesn't belong there.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine, A Dissertation on the First Principles of Government, 1795

Offline freeyrmind

As the media praises Ted Kennedy...lets not forget a few things.
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2009, 07:07:47 pm »
As soon as his cancer was detected, I noticed the immediate attempt at the "canonization" of old Teddy Kennedy by the mainstream media. They are saying what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear & not twist the facts to change the real history.

1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a
classmate to cheat for him.
2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops! The man can't count to
four! His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea , where a war was raging. No preferential treatment for him!  (like he charged that President Bush received).

3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris , never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged.. Imagine a person of his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private!

4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia , he was cited for reckless driving four times, including once when he was
clocked driving 90 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally, he passed the bar exam in 1959. Amazing!

5.. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at
the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's
when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear about that from the unbiased media, did we?

6. On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his
chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.

7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party, passing several houses and a fire station. Two friends then returned with him to the
scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew - that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car.  The Kennedy family began "calling in favors", ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight.  Since the accident, Kenn! edy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF
TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills... a "token of friendship"?

8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism". In his very first Senate roll, he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries.

9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of an increase in immigration, up to and including the
latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the pious grilling he gave the last two Supreme Court nominees, as if he was the standard bearer for the nation in matters of "what's right". What a pompous ass!

10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than "great American". "A blonde in every pond" is his motto.

Let's not allow the spin doctors make this jerk a hero -- how quickly the American public forgets what his real legacy is. Let's keep this
going for truth, justice and the American way!
"It is said the eskimos have 22 words for snow. Immortal has 23.."

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2009, 07:30:23 pm »
St. Ted will now be known as the patron Saint of lies.

Offline N.E.P.

« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2009, 07:42:23 pm »
Monday, Feb. 27, 2006 11:34 a.m. EST

Ted Kennedy Wants Windmills Killed

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/27/113830.shtml

Self-proclaimed alternative energy proponent Sen. Ted Kennedy has strongly opposed an environmentally friendly "wind farm” off the coast of Massachusetts – and now it appears Kennedy will have his way.

A proposal before Congress would limit the construction of wind turbines and most likely doom plans for the Cape Wind Project, the nation’s first offshore wind farm. [Editor’s Note: Read the book that first exposed Sen. Kennedy’s hypocrisy -- Go Here Now.]

Story Continues Below

"This is a dire moment for us,” declared Mark Rodgers, a Cape Wind Associates spokesman, who said the proposal "would be totally fatal” for the project.

The Cape Wind Project would erect 130 windmills in Nantucket Sound and could provide three-fourths of the power needed by Cape Cod and nearby islands, which is now largely supplied by coal-fired plants.

But Rep. Don Young, R-Alaska, chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, has called for a ban on all wind turbines within 1.5 nautical miles of shipping and ferry lanes, The Washington Post reports.

Young cited research in Britain suggesting that the wind turbines’ huge blades could interfere with shipboard radar, and he singled out the Cape Wind site – close to sea routes between the Cape and the islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard – as especially unsafe.

Cape Wind officials call Young’s concerns a "pretext” for killing the project, according to the Post, and point out that in 2003 a contractor for the Army Corps of Engineers stated that the wind farm "is not expected to create negative impacts to navigational safety.”

But the project had a powerful enemy in Sen. Kennedy, who has voiced strong support for alternative energy projects – as long as they are not in his backyard.

In his book "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy,” author Peter Schweizer first disclosed: "Senator Kennedy has introduced dozens of pieces of legislation over the years to encourage the development of solar, hydrogen, and wind as alternatives to oil and coal.”

Why, then, would Kennedy oppose the Cape Wind Project?

"The wind turbines would be built in Nantucket Sound, about six miles off the coast from the Kennedy compound in Hyannis,” Schweizer explains.

"The problem was not aesthetic; the Kennedys wouldn’t be able to actually see the turbines from their home. Instead Robert Kennedy Jr., who had been beating the drum for alternative sources of energy for more than a decade, complained that the project would be built in one of the family’s favorite sailing and yachting areas.”

Sen. Kennedy publicly called for further study of the project – but "privately, he tried to get the study canceled,” Schweizer writes.

The federal Minerals Management Service is expected to issue a final verdict on the project early next year.

Nathanael Greene, a senior policy analyst at the Natural Resources Defense Council, told the Post: "This is sort of backdoor politics at its worst, for the worst possible reasons.”

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2009, 07:45:16 pm »

The Ly'in of the Senate is dead.

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2009, 08:02:37 pm »

The Ly'in of the Senate is dead.

+ 10,000

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2009, 08:23:57 pm »
Monday, Feb. 27, 2006 11:34 a.m. EST

Ted Kennedy Wants Windmills Killed

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/27/113830.shtml

Self-proclaimed alternative energy proponent Sen. Ted Kennedy has strongly opposed an environmentally friendly "wind farm” off the coast of Massachusetts – and now it appears Kennedy will have his way.

A proposal before Congress would limit the construction of wind turbines and most likely doom plans for the Cape Wind Project, the nation’s first offshore wind farm. [Editor’s Note: Read the book that first exposed Sen. Kennedy’s hypocrisy -- Go Here Now.]

Story Continues Below

"This is a dire moment for us,” declared Mark Rodgers, a Cape Wind Associates spokesman, who said the proposal "would be totally fatal” for the project.

The Cape Wind Project would erect 130 windmills in Nantucket Sound and could provide three-fourths of the power needed by Cape Cod and nearby islands, which is now largely supplied by coal-fired plants.

But Rep. Don Young, R-Alaska, chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, has called for a ban on all wind turbines within 1.5 nautical miles of shipping and ferry lanes, The Washington Post reports.

Young cited research in Britain suggesting that the wind turbines’ huge blades could interfere with shipboard radar, and he singled out the Cape Wind site – close to sea routes between the Cape and the islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard – as especially unsafe.

Cape Wind officials call Young’s concerns a "pretext” for killing the project, according to the Post, and point out that in 2003 a contractor for the Army Corps of Engineers stated that the wind farm "is not expected to create negative impacts to navigational safety.”

But the project had a powerful enemy in Sen. Kennedy, who has voiced strong support for alternative energy projects – as long as they are not in his backyard.

In his book "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy,” author Peter Schweizer first disclosed: "Senator Kennedy has introduced dozens of pieces of legislation over the years to encourage the development of solar, hydrogen, and wind as alternatives to oil and coal.”

Why, then, would Kennedy oppose the Cape Wind Project?

"The wind turbines would be built in Nantucket Sound, about six miles off the coast from the Kennedy compound in Hyannis,” Schweizer explains.

"The problem was not aesthetic; the Kennedys wouldn’t be able to actually see the turbines from their home. Instead Robert Kennedy Jr., who had been beating the drum for alternative sources of energy for more than a decade, complained that the project would be built in one of the family’s favorite sailing and yachting areas.”

Sen. Kennedy publicly called for further study of the project – but "privately, he tried to get the study canceled,” Schweizer writes.

The federal Minerals Management Service is expected to issue a final verdict on the project early next year.

Nathanael Greene, a senior policy analyst at the Natural Resources Defense Council, told the Post: "This is sort of backdoor politics at its worst, for the worst possible reasons.”

Wouldn't want to ruin his view, now would we?

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
Ted Kennedy Offered to Help Soviets Sabotage Reagan's Efforts
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2009, 08:36:11 pm »
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/kgb-letter-details-kennedy-offer-to-ussr

Letter Details Kennedy Offer To USSR

This letter which details Senator Edward Kennedy’s offer to help the Soviet Union defeat Reagan’s efforts to build up the nuclear deterrent in Europe was unearthed by a Times of London reporter in the 1990s after the KGB files were opened.

It got little or no attention, however, until the publication of Paul Kengor’s book "The Crusader – Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism."

But even then the actual text of the letter (which is in the book’s appendix pp 317-320) has gotten short shrift:

TEXT OF KGB LETTER ON SENATOR TED KENNEDY

Special Importance
    Committee on State Security of the USSR
    14.05. 1983 No. 1029 Ch/OV
    Moscow

Regarding Senator Kennedy’s request to the General Secretary of the Communist Party Comrade Y.V. Andropov

Comrade Y.V. Andropov

On 9-10 May of this year, Senator Edward Kennedy’s close friend and trusted confidant J. Tunney was in Moscow. The senator charged Tunney to convey the following message, through confidential contacts, to the General Secretary of the Center Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Y. Andropov.

Senator Kennedy, like other rational people, is very troubled by the current state of Soviet-American relations. Events are developing such that this relationship coupled with the general state of global affairs will make the situation even more dangerous. The main reason for this is Reagan’s belligerence, and his firm commitment to deploy new American middle range nuclear weapons within Western Europe.

According to Kennedy, the current threat is due to the President’s refusal to engage any modification on his politics. He feels that his domestic standing has been strengthened because of the well publicized improvement of the economy: inflation has been greatly reduced, production levels are increasing as is overall business activity. For these reasons, interest rates will continue to decline. The White House has portrayed this in the media as the "success of Reaganomics."

Naturally, not everything in the province of economics has gone according to Reagan’s plan. A few well known economists and members of financial circles, particularly from the north-eastern states, foresee certain hidden tendencies that many bring about a new economic crisis in the USA. This could bring about the fall of the presidential campaign of 1984, which would benefit the Democratic party. Nevertheless, there are no secure assurances this will indeed develop.

The only real threats to Reagan are problems of war and peace and Soviet-American relations. These issues, according to the senator, will without a doubt become the most important of the election campaign. The movement advocating a freeze on nuclear arsenals of both countries continues to gain strength in the United States. The movement is also willing to accept preparations, particularly from Kennedy, for its continued growth. In political and influential circles of the country, including within Congress, the resistence to growing military expenditures is gaining strength.

However, according to Kennedy, the opposition to Reagan is still very weak. Reagan’s adversaries are divided and the presentations they make are not fully effective. Meanwhile, Reagan has the capabilities to effectively counter any propaganda. In order to neutralize criticism that the talks between the USA and the USSR are non-constructive, Reagan will grandiose, but subjectively propagandistic. At the same time, Soviet officials who speak about disarmament will be quoted out of context, silenced or groundlessly and whimsically discounted. Although arguments and statements by officials of the USSR do appear in the press, it is important to note the majority of Americans do not read serious newspapers or periodicals.

Kennedy believes that, given the current state of affairs, and in the interest of peace, it would be prudent and timely to undertake the following steps to counter the militaristic politics of Reagan and his campaign to psychologically burden the American people. In this regard, he offers the following proposals to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union Y.V. Andropov:

1. Kennedy asks Y.V. Andropov to consider inviting the senator to Moscow for a personal meeting in July of this year. The main purpose of the meeting, according to the senator, would be to arm Soviet officials with explanations regarding problems of nuclear disarmament so they may be better prepared and more convincing during appearances in the USA. He would also like to inform you that he has planned a trip through Western Europe, where he anticipates meeting England’s Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and French President Mitterand in which he will exchange similar ideas regarding the same issues.

If his proposals would be accepted in principle, Kennedy would send his representative to Moscow to resolve questions regarding organizing such a visit.

Kennedy thinks the benefits of a meeting with Y.V.Andropov will be enhanced if he could also invite one of the well known Republican senators, for example, Mark Hatfield. Such a meeting will have a strong impact on American and political circles in the USA (In March of 1982, Hatfield and Kennedy proposed a project to freeze the nuclear arsenals of the USA and USSR and pblished a book on the theme as well.)

2. Kennedy believes that in order to influence Americans it would be important to organize in August-September of this year, televised interviews with Y.V. Andropov in the USA. A direct appeal by the General Secretary to the American people will, without a doubt, attact a great deal of attention and interest in the country. The senator is convinced this would receive the maximum resonance in so far as television is the most effective method of mass media and information.

If the proposal is recognized as worthy, then Kennedy and his friends will bring about suitable steps to have representatives of the largest television companies in the USA contact Y.V. Andropov for an invitation to Moscow for the interview. Specifically, the president of the board of directors of ABC, Elton Raul and television columnists Walter Cronkite or Barbara Walters could visit Moscow. The senator underlined the importance that this initiative should be seen as coming from the American side.

Furthermore, with the same purpose in mind, a series of televised interviews in the USA with lower level Soviet officials, particularly from the military would be organized. They would also have an opportunity to appeal directly to the American people about the peaceful intentions of the USSR, with their own arguments about maintaining a true balance of power between the USSR and the USA in military term. This issue is quickly being distorted by Reagan’s administration.

Kennedy asked to convey that this appeal to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union is his effort to contribute a strong proposal that would root out the threat of nuclear war, and to improve Soviet-American relations, so that they define the safety of the world. Kennedy is very impressed with the activities of Y.V. Andropov and other Soviet leaders, who expressed their commitment to heal international affairs, and improve mutal understandings between peoples.

The senator underscored that he eagerly awaits a reply to his appeal, the answer to which may be delivered through Tunney.

Having conveyed Kennedy’s appeal to the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Tunney also explained that Senator Kennedy has in the last few years actively made appearances to reduce the threat of war. Because he formally refused to partake in the election campaign of 1984, his speeches would be taken without prejudice as they are not tied to any campaign promises. Tunney remarked that the senator wants to run for president in 1988. At that time, he will be 56 and his personal problems, which could hinder his standing, will be resolved (Kennedy has just completed a divorce and plans to remarry in the near future). Taken together, Kennedy does not discount that during the 1984 campaign, the Democratic Party may officially turn to him to lead the fight against the Republicans and elect their candidate president. This would explain why he is convinced that none of the candidates today have a real chance at defeating Reagan.

We await instructions.

President of the committee
    V. Chebrikov

Lest we forget in our grief.

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2009, 09:22:55 pm »
Wouldn't want to ruin his view, now would we?

I like what Tarpley says about windmills--they have set our society back 500 years.

The new ones only cost $150,000 a piece.

Offline xereau

• Thread Killer
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2009, 09:30:21 pm »
Found this today on StumbleUpon:

There once was a Senator from Mass
who was searchin around for a Lass;
He lucked out and found it;
He f**ked up and drowned it.
And That was the end of HIS ass!
Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex. --  Frank Zappa

Offline larsonstdoc

Re: Ted Kennedy Offered to Help Soviets Sabotage Reagan's Efforts
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2009, 09:35:25 pm »

Nice find, Monkeypox.  This is the true Ted Kennedy---enemy of the States and friend of Communism.

Offline erehwon

Ted Kennedy: "the whole thing is going to fall apart"
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2009, 10:07:20 pm »
I guess I'm supposed to say something about Ted Kennedy's passing. The only thing that comes to mind is that he indeed got to skip out of the party without paying his portion of the check. From Peggy Noonan's WSJ piece a few years ago, A Separate Peace:

Do people fear the wheels are coming off the trolley? Is this fear widespread? A few weeks ago I was reading Christopher Lawford's lovely, candid and affectionate remembrance of growing up in a particular time and place with a particular family, the Kennedys, circa roughly 1950-2000. It's called "Symptoms of Withdrawal." At the end he quotes his Uncle Teddy. Christopher, Ted Kennedy and a few family members had gathered one night and were having a drink in Mr. Lawford's mother's apartment in Manhattan. Teddy was expansive. If he hadn't gone into politics he would have been an opera singer, he told them, and visited small Italian villages and had pasta every day for lunch. "Singing at la Scala in front of three thousand people throwing flowers at you. Then going out for dinner and having more pasta." Everyone was laughing. Then, writes Mr. Lawford, Teddy "took a long, slow gulp of his vodka and tonic, thought for a moment, and changed tack. 'I'm glad I'm not going to be around when you guys are my age.' I asked him why, and he said, 'Because when you guys are my age, the whole thing is going to fall apart.' "

Mr. Lawford continued, "The statement hung there, suspended in the realm of 'maybe we shouldn't go there.' Nobody wanted to touch it. After a few moments of heavy silence, my uncle moved on."

Lawford thought his uncle might be referring to their family--that it might "fall apart." But reading, one gets the strong impression Teddy Kennedy was not talking about his family but about . . . the whole ball of wax, the impossible nature of everything, the realities so daunting it seems the very system is off the tracks.

And--forgive me--I thought: If even Teddy knows . . .

I think there's a real good chance "the whole thing is going to fall apart" in just the next few years.

I'm really curious to know just how old Teddy was when he said that.

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2009/08/post-for-thursday.html

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »

Nice find, Monkeypox.  This is the true Ted Kennedy---enemy of the States and friend of Communism.

He was a total scumbag.  40 years in the Senate, and what did he really accomplish?

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Angry Patriot

« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2009, 10:30:59 pm »
Ly'in Kennedy, Leonid Brezhnev, KGB
Ted Kennedy: Collaborator or Soviet agent?

By John Burtis

Sunday, November 5, 2006

There has been a flurry in the press lately concerning the alleged letters written by Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) and first carried to Leonid Brezhnev and later to Yuri Andropov.

The initial one, written in 1979, was an offer to work with the Soviets and against then President Jimmy Carter, who, in Mr. Kennedy's estimation, was working a bit too hard in thwarting the USSR's goals in their wild and woolly Afghanistan adventure.

The missive was also to be used to further the senior Massachusetts senator's budding presidential aspirations and against those of Mr. Carter's in 1980, by demonstrating another less unsettling and more liberally appealing way to handle the détente seeking Soviets. An opening the Soviets would then answer in kind.

According to the hand copied documents Vasily Mitrohkin secreted out when he defected to Great Britain in 1992, Kennedy felt that, "…it was his duty to take action himself, which could force the Carter administration to act to de-escalate the crisis.” In other words, he saw his duty to assist our Cold War enemy.

And by a reduction in American pressure on the USSR, Senator Kennedy's actions would aid and abet the monstrous activities the Soviets were routinely taking in their brutal occupation of the Afghanis, where they routinely practiced the slash and burn, mass murders, and torture - the rumors of which the effete left wing is so quick to turn their laser like gaze on our military for the slightest perceived infraction today. Those acts Mr. Kennedy can be seen sweepingly supporting for his own political aggrandizement when he goes to bat for the communists.

I can well recall that the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan was a far more disturbing enterprise than those pathetic photos issued from Abu Ghraib, where a giddy female is shown holding a leash attached to a dog collar on a hooded Muslim man. The latter had the benighted albeit progressive Senator up in arms for months on end with the aid of his fellow Massachusetts traveler - the toothy, folderol bawling Winter Soldier and slanderous VVAW aficionado, John Kerry, who has never passed up a chance to belittle the soldiers he takes to heart nor to steal a beat on America. The former was, of course, overlooked by all the old Democratic senators and the drive-by media as it existed in the early 1980s, while they made hay for months over the diminutive scale of the Abu Ghraib capers when compared to the USSR's standards of behavior.

The second letter was said to be written by Senator Kennedy and sent to Soviet General Secretary Yuri Andropov, via the head of the KGB, after being delivered by Senator John Tunney (D-CA), an old Kennedy pal and a charter member of the anti-war crowd, who also delivered the previous letter to Comrade Brezhnev on one of his 15 trips to Moscow at the liberal lion's behest.

The latter communique, a copy of which was obtained by Herbert Romerstein , a Cold War researcher and author, from a Moscow contact with access to the KGB files, which are now closed again to outside access, may be found in Paul Kengor's new book, The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism.

This latter recitation to Mr. Andropov, according to Lee Edwards of the Heritage Foundation, "…speaks to the degree of opposition and lack of understanding liberals like Kennedy had toward Regan's policies.”

So, Ted Kennedy is seen writing first to Mr. Brezhnev attempting to undermine Jimmy Carter while assisting the Soviets in their Afghan adventure as well as feathering his own political nest, while his second letter to the blood drenched former head of the KGB is one expressing animosity and dissatisfaction with a sitting President while aiding them in their propaganda war.

In the CNS News article Mr. Romerstein puts it best, when he ‘cautions against viewing Kennedy as an agent for the Soviets. Instead, it is appropriate to label him a "collaborationist” who sought out Soviet contacts to advance his own interests, not theirs.'

Think a moment or two about the messages sent to the Soviets by Senator Kennedy, the clear violations of the Logan Act, his communicating with our enemies to advance his political aims, and then remember that he is a ranking Democrat, who will play a key role in the new Democratic government, if it is elected on Tuesday.

And then recall the crass insensate hilarity of his slavish sidekick, John Kerry, and his recent attack on the intelligence on our all-volunteer military – a group which, in the aggregate, possesses a superior intelligence and far greater accomplishments than the embroidered skirt-chasing and camera- hogging junior senator.

Yes, in light of this, there is a real choice in this upcoming election.

It is between Democratic dirty tricks; outing gay Congressmen; propagating the endless Mark Foley "scandal”; crude jokes designed to denigrate our soldiers; a shamelessly slanted liberal press who feeds us lie upon lie to skew our judgment; the registering of the dead, felons, and illegals by the thousands to steal the ballot box and the outcome; new committee chairmen who will do their damnedest to subvert the government, destroy our President, and our way of life; and those who have conspired with inimical foreign governments to subvert the will of the American people and their duly elected leadership, versus a less than perfect Republican Party.

While I'm no fan of the puerile shivering weakness of the Republican Senate leadership, nor do I agree with Mr. Bush's border stance when coupled with the war on terror and Islamist fascism, I can in no way support the hate filled new Democratic movement whose only unifying force is a common abhorrence exhibited toward George Bush and the war, and whose supporting pillars of "wisdom” are lies, innuendo, sleight of hand, and open sedition.

The actions of the two senators from Massachusetts show the new Democratic Party in a microcosm by illustrating what these two misshapen moral dwarves in leadership positions have already performed – open disdain for America, haughty laughing derision directed at our troops, and a clear willingness to work with our sworn enemies ( to our detriment and against the very tenets of the Constitution they swore to uphold).

Vote Tuesday for the deliverance of the United States of America from the claws of these vapid, insidious and artfully camouflaged wretches.

While they wave their bloody shirts, they conspire with the bandit nations sworn to destroy us.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/burtis110506.htm
"The most important lesson of History is that nobody ever learns History's lesson"

Aldous Huxley

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2009, 11:09:21 pm »
Ly'in Kennedy, Leonid Brezhnev, KGB
Ted Kennedy: Collaborator or Soviet agent?

By John Burtis

Sunday, November 5, 2006

There has been a flurry in the press lately concerning the alleged letters written by Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) and first carried to Leonid Brezhnev and later to Yuri Andropov.

The initial one, written in 1979, was an offer to work with the Soviets and against then President Jimmy Carter, who, in Mr. Kennedy's estimation, was working a bit too hard in thwarting the USSR's goals in their wild and woolly Afghanistan adventure.

The missive was also to be used to further the senior Massachusetts senator's budding presidential aspirations and against those of Mr. Carter's in 1980, by demonstrating another less unsettling and more liberally appealing way to handle the détente seeking Soviets. An opening the Soviets would then answer in kind.

According to the hand copied documents Vasily Mitrohkin secreted out when he defected to Great Britain in 1992, Kennedy felt that, "…it was his duty to take action himself, which could force the Carter administration to act to de-escalate the crisis.” In other words, he saw his duty to assist our Cold War enemy.

And by a reduction in American pressure on the USSR, Senator Kennedy's actions would aid and abet the monstrous activities the Soviets were routinely taking in their brutal occupation of the Afghanis, where they routinely practiced the slash and burn, mass murders, and torture - the rumors of which the effete left wing is so quick to turn their laser like gaze on our military for the slightest perceived infraction today. Those acts Mr. Kennedy can be seen sweepingly supporting for his own political aggrandizement when he goes to bat for the communists.

I can well recall that the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan was a far more disturbing enterprise than those pathetic photos issued from Abu Ghraib, where a giddy female is shown holding a leash attached to a dog collar on a hooded Muslim man. The latter had the benighted albeit progressive Senator up in arms for months on end with the aid of his fellow Massachusetts traveler - the toothy, folderol bawling Winter Soldier and slanderous VVAW aficionado, John Kerry, who has never passed up a chance to belittle the soldiers he takes to heart nor to steal a beat on America. The former was, of course, overlooked by all the old Democratic senators and the drive-by media as it existed in the early 1980s, while they made hay for months over the diminutive scale of the Abu Ghraib capers when compared to the USSR's standards of behavior.

The second letter was said to be written by Senator Kennedy and sent to Soviet General Secretary Yuri Andropov, via the head of the KGB, after being delivered by Senator John Tunney (D-CA), an old Kennedy pal and a charter member of the anti-war crowd, who also delivered the previous letter to Comrade Brezhnev on one of his 15 trips to Moscow at the liberal lion's behest.

The latter communique, a copy of which was obtained by Herbert Romerstein , a Cold War researcher and author, from a Moscow contact with access to the KGB files, which are now closed again to outside access, may be found in Paul Kengor's new book, The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism.

This latter recitation to Mr. Andropov, according to Lee Edwards of the Heritage Foundation, "…speaks to the degree of opposition and lack of understanding liberals like Kennedy had toward Regan's policies.”

So, Ted Kennedy is seen writing first to Mr. Brezhnev attempting to undermine Jimmy Carter while assisting the Soviets in their Afghan adventure as well as feathering his own political nest, while his second letter to the blood drenched former head of the KGB is one expressing animosity and dissatisfaction with a sitting President while aiding them in their propaganda war.

In the CNS News article Mr. Romerstein puts it best, when he ‘cautions against viewing Kennedy as an agent for the Soviets. Instead, it is appropriate to label him a "collaborationist” who sought out Soviet contacts to advance his own interests, not theirs.'

Think a moment or two about the messages sent to the Soviets by Senator Kennedy, the clear violations of the Logan Act, his communicating with our enemies to advance his political aims, and then remember that he is a ranking Democrat, who will play a key role in the new Democratic government, if it is elected on Tuesday.

And then recall the crass insensate hilarity of his slavish sidekick, John Kerry, and his recent attack on the intelligence on our all-volunteer military – a group which, in the aggregate, possesses a superior intelligence and far greater accomplishments than the embroidered skirt-chasing and camera- hogging junior senator.

Yes, in light of this, there is a real choice in this upcoming election.

It is between Democratic dirty tricks; outing gay Congressmen; propagating the endless Mark Foley "scandal”; crude jokes designed to denigrate our soldiers; a shamelessly slanted liberal press who feeds us lie upon lie to skew our judgment; the registering of the dead, felons, and illegals by the thousands to steal the ballot box and the outcome; new committee chairmen who will do their damnedest to subvert the government, destroy our President, and our way of life; and those who have conspired with inimical foreign governments to subvert the will of the American people and their duly elected leadership, versus a less than perfect Republican Party.

While I'm no fan of the puerile shivering weakness of the Republican Senate leadership, nor do I agree with Mr. Bush's border stance when coupled with the war on terror and Islamist fascism, I can in no way support the hate filled new Democratic movement whose only unifying force is a common abhorrence exhibited toward George Bush and the war, and whose supporting pillars of "wisdom” are lies, innuendo, sleight of hand, and open sedition.

The actions of the two senators from Massachusetts show the new Democratic Party in a microcosm by illustrating what these two misshapen moral dwarves in leadership positions have already performed – open disdain for America, haughty laughing derision directed at our troops, and a clear willingness to work with our sworn enemies ( to our detriment and against the very tenets of the Constitution they swore to uphold).

Vote Tuesday for the deliverance of the United States of America from the claws of these vapid, insidious and artfully camouflaged wretches.

While they wave their bloody shirts, they conspire with the bandit nations sworn to destroy us.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/burtis110506.htm

Comrade Kennedy, Liberal hero.

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheCaliKid

« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2009, 02:39:15 am »
He was a total scumbag.  40 years in the Senate, and what did he really accomplish?

Make that 47. Nearly half a century, and what did the people get out of it?