42nd anniversary of MLK execution by establishment exposes "An Act of State"

Author Topic: 42nd anniversary of MLK execution by establishment exposes "An Act of State"  (Read 22544 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
At the 41th 42nd anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King

Conclusive evidence finally reveals that

This was "An Act of State"

MLK Jr.'s famous speech "Why I oppose the War in Vietnam" was spoken one year to the day before he got gunned down walking outside his motel room. Lyndon Johnson's highest priority was to increase the Military Industrial Complex (That is why he killed JFK). There is no doubt that Lyndon Johnson's COINTELPRO did try and influence MLK to commit suicide.

COINTELPRO: FBI's War On Black America **(HIGH QUALITY)**

54 min - Mar 26, 2007 -  (11 ratings)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3729458480013375211

There is new evidence about Lyndon Johnson's CIA, FBI, and military being at the scene of the crime.  Watch this new documentary about Lyndon Johnson (Democrat), COINTELPRO, FBI, and CIA's influence in the conspired assassination of a true American Pro-Constitution Hero:

Death In Memphis - The Mysterious Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.

45 min - Aug 26, 2007 -  (13 ratings)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1193721205257426261

As this seems to be the most logical conclusion, what does that mean for the other Democrats that praise Lyndon Johnson and cover up his war crimes and assassinations of JFK, RFK, MLK, and Malcolm X?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Friday, April 4, 2008
http://theconspiracyzone1.blogspot.com/
WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO MARTIN LUTHER KING?

Tha assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, John Kennedy and Robert Kennedy were all master minded by the same powerful illuminati faction.

These murders are so closely related, that one assassin might have been involved in both the MLK and JFK killings. The lead tramp (BELOW LEFT) pictured here

was arrested and released with no offical record of that arrest the day of the Kennedy assassination has been identified at Charles Rodgers. (See our report: The three tramps and the assassination of John Kennedy). He was also known as "Montoya" and might also be known as "Frenchy". An eyewitness present at the murder scene of Dr. King provided the following sketch (BELOW) of the man who fired the fatal shot at Dr. King.The picture has a stunning resemblance to Charles Rodgers. We''ll get to that in a bit. For now though, let's look at the big picture surrounding King's murder.

The illuminai faced several dangers in 1968. While President Johnson had cooperated fully with their desires in Viet Nam and in other parts of the world, he had not met their requirements in other areas. He had gone too far in appeasing the blacks and had shown some signs of giving in to the young people in America in early 1968. Through threats to expose his role in covering up the truth about the JFK assassination or personal threats to the safety of his family, the Group forced his withdrawal from the 1968 election race. Their plan now was to install Richard Nixon as president at all costs.

Robert Kennedy and Dr. King posed real threats to this plan. Dr. King was beginning a movement in the direction of a coalition with Malcom X followers and other black militant groups. He was speaking out against the Viet Nam war. His influence might help defeat Nixon at the polls. So the illuminati created an environment in which he could be assassinated by his arch enemies.

On April 4, 1968, while standing on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel, Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated.

The official story is that a single man, James Earl Ray, was staying at a rooming house located at 422 South Main Street.

In the back of this rooming house was a shared bathroom with a window that looked out onto the swimming pool of the Lorraine Motel.

According to the government, James Earl Ray shot Dr. Martin Luther King from that window. There is, needless to say, no physical evidence to prove this charge. James Earl Ray spent his life in prison based solely on a coerced confession which he immediately retracted. None of the ballistics tests, which were performed on the rifle James Earl Ray allegedly used, were able to link that rifle to the actual bullet that killed Dr. Martin Luther King. Dr. King's family does not think James Earl Ray was the killer, and recently won a civil court case proving there was a conspiracy.

Now, thanks to writer Ted Wilburn, in a story which follows, new evidence has surfaced to prove that the government and the media have been lying to the public about the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King.

Just moments after Dr. Martin Luther King was killed by a sniper's bullet, a photographer took the below picture. Dr. King lies on the balcony floor. The witnesses are all pointing in the direction the fatal shot was fired from. There is no confusion among the witnesses as to where the source of the shot was. They are not confused by echoes. There is no uncertainty. All three witnesses are pointing in exactly the same direction. The men with Dr. king were Jesse Jackson, Hosea Williams and Rev. Ralph Abernathy. The man who took this infamous photo is James Louw.

The official story is that these men are pointing at the bathroom window in the rear of the rooming house from which James Earl Ray is supposed to have fired a gunshot.

But is that where the witnesses are pointing?

As part of the research, Ted Wilburn went back to the Lorraine Motel, to the very spot where Martin Luther King was shot, and took a photograph of the crime scene location that shows a great deal of the surroundings.

A line has been drawn from the rooming house window back to the balcony on which the pointing witnesses were photographed. Note the end of the line near the fire extinguisher and the intersection of the line with the top of the pale blue door.

Using the fire extinguisher and the top of the door as landmarks, a line is drawn on a detail of the photo taken just moment after the shooting, indicating the direction back to the window of the rooming house.

As can be seen, NONE of the witnesses are pointing towards the window of the rooming house at 422 South Main Street!

Note the small green circle marking the corner of the roof right above where Dr. King was killed.

The evidence in the photo taken just moments after the assassination is unequivocal. The claim that the witnesses are pointing to the rooming house where James Earl Ray was staying is a complete fabrication. The gunfire came from another direction high above the bathroom window which is the Gattis penthouse. That is where the fatal shot was fired.

This is how this location looks today. Notice how a tall green wall was erected to block the view of the penthouse so tourists to the scene can't figure out they have been lied to.

The FBI and J. Edgar Hoover had become a vital part of the global elite by 1968. Hoover had no love for King and was harrassing him in several ways. The illuminists undoubtedly let Hoover know that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have King out of the way before the election campaigns really warmed up. They also passed the word along to some of the groups who were out to murder King that the crime would probably not be stopped. Fletcher Prouty has described this approach in some detail.[1] The net result of these actions was the assassination of Dr. King by a group of wealthy white bigots who employed two of the intelligence community's own expert assassins. One of these men, Frenchy, had fired shots at JFK. The other, Jack Youngblood, was a soldier of fortune and CIA contract killer. They recruited James Earl Ray and set him up as a patsy.

The FBI removed King's protection in Memphis and after the assassination they took the case out of the hands of the local police to control and suppress the evidence of conspiracy. Hoover did not know exactly who was going to assassinate King or where. He did not know in advance who the patsy was supposed to be. The best evidence in support of this is that from April to June 1968 the identity of the patsy was a mystery, first unidentified, then identified as Eric Starvo Galt, then as Raymond Sneyd, and finally as James Earl Ray. If Hoover had been in on the plan, Ray's identity would probably have been revealed immediately. In fact, the scenario might have been similar to the JFK case, with Ray being killed in a shoot-out.

After Ray was identified and arrested in London, Hoover and the Justice Department had to manufacture some evidence to get Ray back to the U.S. They had no qualms about bribing one witness, Charlie Stevens, to do this. They forced him to say he had seen Ray. Then a new problem arose. Ray began telling the truth to his lawyer and a writer, William Bradford Huie. He almost revealed Frenchy's true identity. The Power Control Group, led by J. Edgar Hoover, solved this problem by getting rid of Ray's lawyer, Arthur Hanes, and they hired Percy Foreman to keep Ray quiet. They also were forced to pay off or frighten off author Huie who had by then become convinced Ray was telling him the truth. Huie had found several witnesses who had seen Ray and Frenchy together.

The following sequence is the most likely scenario in Dr. King's killing, although it is possible the rolls of Youngblood and Frenchy were reversed and it was Frenchy who fired the fatal shot.

The group got Foreman to talk Ray into pleading guilty and Huie to retract his conspiracy talk and publish an article and a book claiming Ray was the lone assassin. Ever since Ray was put away for 99 years, the FBI and the Power Control Group have been hard at work covering up the truth, bribing or influencing judges who have heard Ray's appeals for a trial, publishing disinformation like Gerold Franck's book, An American Assassin, suppressing evidence, and placing key witnesses in psychiatric wards. It is still going on. They have killed at least one reporter, Louis Lomax -- who was getting too close to the truth. The local D.A., Phil Canale, was brought into the conspiracy along with Percy Foreman, Judge Battle, Fred Vinson (who extradited Ray, using Stevens' false affidavit), and local authorities who committed Grace Walden Stevens to a mental institution because she knew Charlie had been dead drunk and saw nothing.

The mechanics of the assassination are as follows: Youngblood and Frenchy recruited Ray in Montreal for smuggling drugs into the U.S. from Mexico and Canada. They recruited him in the assassination plan in such a way as to make him believe they were smuggling guns to Cuba.

Frenchy (Ray knew him as Raoul) set up Ray as a patsy by planting evidence with Ray's prints on it near the fake firing point. He persuaded Ray to rent a room opposite Dr. King's motel, to buy a rifle with telescopic sight, and a white Mustang, and park the Mustang outside the rooming house to wait for Frenchy to come out. Youngblood stationed himself near the Gaddis penthouse. where Frenchy was located. When King came out on his balcony, Youngblood killed him with one shot fired at a downward angle. Frenchy ran from his perch overlooking King's balcony. He made plenty of noise to attract attention, and dropped a bag full of items with Ray's prints on them in front of an amusement parlor next door to the rooming house.

Frenchy must have had some anxious moments then because Ray had driven the Mustang to a gas station a few blocks away to have a low tire pumped up. Three witnesses remember his being there. When Ray returned, not yet knowing what had happened, Frenchy told him to drive away toward the edge of town where Frenchy got out of the back seat. Ray drove on to Atlanta with the intention of meeting Frenchy there.

Meanwhile, Youngblood mingled with the crowd under King's balcony and then faded away. A false trail was created by another member of the team who drove away in a second white Mustang and then created a fake auto chase on the police band radio. Youngblood was tracked down by various reporters in early 1976 and began negotiating to tell his story for a very high price. Meanwhile, judge after judge and court after court keep turning down Bernard Fensterwald and James Cesar, Ray's new lawyers, who appealed for a new trial until Ray's death in prison in 1998.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
New Documentary:

Evidence of Revision Part 6:

Lyndon Johnson used Operation Mongoose to Kill MLK

Evidence of Revision is one of the most provocative no nonsense documentary series in existence on what really is going on in America.

The first 5 installments examine MK Ultra, government cults, government assassinations of US citizens, etc.

This one goes into MLK and the history of controlled and government sponsored race hatred in america.

Take note of how the US alienated a group of people based on race and then attempted genocide on them (of course this issue stemmed from 400 years of slavery/apartheid, but the continued government collusion is important).

I am particularly shocked at the dehumanization in America and how now the police state is being built up to deem any race or person a threat to national security and engage in similar conduct.

So when you see the images of people being victimized imagine that to be you or a family member.

The documentary also exposes the government's assassinations of people who protest illegal wars. MLK's anti-war stand is what made him a target by the Private Federal Reserve owners and LBJ.  So when anyone protests the illegal wars, take note of how the Federal Reserve sets up these assassinations to avoid obvious patsy CoIntelPro projects.

"First they came for the communists, but I was not a communist so I did not speak up..."

www.mininova.org/tor/1584698

Mike Philbin

LBJ was a one...

JFK and MLK?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
LBJ was a one...

JFK and MLK?

LBJ loved America didn't he?

JFK

MLK

RFK

Malcolm X

Gulf of Tonkin

USS Liberty

What a great man!

Offline _CREATIONIST_

• 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB.

JFK

MLK

RFK

Malcolm X

Gulf of Tonkin

USS Liberty

What a great man!

good god, that man was evil. Ive already spread the word, I took your posts and pasted it on another forum to spread the message.
" In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." - General Robert E. Lee

Offline Hardware 952

MLK Assassinated 41 Years Ago Today
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
I thank and admire you Dr. King for your courage, determination, and foresight from so many years ago. Your legacy is still loved, enjoyed, and learned by millions if not billions around the globe to this day. I regard you in the highest honor. May the true conspirators of your untimely demise receive their full Judgement on that Great Day. Thank you to your family also for having the courage and honesty try to expose those treacherous beings who took you from us much too soon.  And thank you to you all for reading this. Keep up the good fight.

Your friend,

Hardware 952
Don't believe me. Don't believe anyone. Go look for yourself.

Mike Philbin

I took your posts and pasted it on another forum to spread the message.

I hope you didn't post it on the "Kill dissidents who are spreading a nasty rumour that LBJ wasn't a nice president" forum.

Offline _CREATIONIST_

• 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB.
I hope you didn't post it on the "Kill dissidents who are spreading a nasty rumour that LBJ wasn't a nice president" forum.

lol
" In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." - General Robert E. Lee

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Look into the Clinton/LBJ connections - very f-d up.

Hey Obama... you have some serious cancer in your administration, but you already know, you appointed them.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

The sermon which I am preaching this morning in a sense is not the usual kind of sermon, but it is a sermon and an important subject, nevertheless, because the issue that I will be discussing today is one of the most controversial issues confronting our nation. I'm using as a subject from which to preach, "Why I Am Opposed to the War in Vietnam."

Now, let me make it clear in the beginning, that I see this war as an unjust, evil, and futile war. I preach to you today on the war in Vietnam because my conscience leaves me with no other choice. The time has come for America to hear the truth about this tragic war. In international conflicts, the truth is hard to come by because most nations are deceived about themselves. Rationalizations and the incessant search for scapegoats are the psychological cataracts that blind us to our sins. But the day has passed for superficial patriotism. He who lives with untruth lives in spiritual slavery. Freedom is still the bonus we receive for knowing the truth. "Ye shall know the truth," says Jesus, "and the truth shall set you free." Now, I've chosen to preach about the war in Vietnam because I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality. There comes a time when silence becomes betrayal.

The truth of these words is beyond doubt, but the mission to which they call us is a most difficult one. Even when pressed by the demands of inner truth, men do not easily assume the task of opposing their government's policy, especially in time of war. Nor does the human spirit move without great difficulty against all the apathy of conformist thought within one's own bosom and in the surrounding world. Moreover, when the issues at hand seem as perplexing, as they often do in the case of this dreadful conflict, we're always on the verge of being mesmerized by uncertainty. But we must move on. Some of us who have already begun to break the silence of the night have found that the calling to speak is often a vocation of agony. But we must speak. We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. And we must rejoice as well, for in all our history there has never been such a monumental dissent during a war, by the American people.

Polls reveal that almost fifteen million Americans explicitly oppose the war in Vietnam. Additional millions cannot bring themselves around to support it. And even those millions who do support the war [are] half-hearted, confused, and doubt-ridden. This reveals that millions have chosen to move beyond the prophesying of smooth patriotism, to the high grounds of firm dissent, based upon the mandates of conscience and the reading of history. Now, of course, one of the difficulties in speaking out today grows the fact that there are those who are seeking to equate dissent with disloyalty. It's a dark day in our nation when high-level authorities will seek to use every method to silence dissent. But something is happening, and people are not going to be silenced. The truth must be told, and I say that those who are seeking to make it appear that anyone who opposes the war in Vietnam is a fool or a traitor or an enemy of our soldiers is a person that has taken a stand against the best in our tradition.

Yes, we must stand, and we must speak. [tape skip]...have moved to break the betrayal of my own silences and to speak from the burnings of my own heart, as I have called for radical departures from the destruction of Vietnam. Many persons have questioned me about the wisdom of my path. At the heart of their concerns, this query has often loomed large and loud: "Why are you speaking about the war, Dr. King? Why are you joining the voices of dissent?" Peace and civil rights don't mix, they say. And so this morning, I speak to you on this issue, because I am determined to take the Gospel seriously. And I come this morning to my pulpit to make a passionate plea to my beloved nation.

This sermon is not addressed to Hanoi, or to the National Liberation Front. It is not addressed to China or to Russia. Nor is it an attempt to overlook the ambiguity of the total situation and the need for a collective solution to the tragedy of Vietnam. Nor is it an attempt to make North Vietnam or the National Liberation Front paragons of virtue, nor to overlook the role they must play in a successful resolution of the problem. This morning, however, I wish not to speak with Hanoi and the National Liberation Front, but rather to my fellow Americans, who bear the greatest responsibility, and entered a conflict that has exacted a heavy price on both continents.

Now, since I am a preacher by calling, I suppose it is not surprising that I have seven major reasons for bringing Vietnam into the field of my moral vision.

There is...a very obvious and almost facile connection between the war in Vietnam and the struggle I and others have been waging in America.

A few years ago there was a shining moment in that struggle. It seemed that there was a real promise of hope for the poor, both black and white, through the Poverty Program. There were experiments, hopes, and new beginnings. Then came the build-up in Vietnam. And I watched the program broken as if it was some idle political plaything of a society gone mad on war. And I knew that America would never invest the necessary funds or energies in rehabilitation of its poor so long as adventures like Vietnam continued to draw men and skills and money, like some demonic, destructive suction tube.

And you may not know it, my friends, but it is estimated that we spend $500,000 to kill each enemy soldier, while we spend only fifty-three dollars for each person classified as poor, and much of that fifty-three dollars goes for salaries to people that are not poor. So I was increasingly compelled to see the war as an enemy of the poor, and attack it as such.

Perhaps the more tragic recognition of reality took place when it became clear to me that the war was doing far more than devastating the hope of the poor at home. It was sending their sons, and their brothers, and their husbands to fight and die in extraordinarily high proportion relative to the rest of the population. We were taking the black young men who had been crippled by society and sending them eight thousand miles away to guarantee liberties in Southeast Asia which they had not found in Southwest Georgia and East Harlem. So we have been repeatedly faced with a cruel irony of watching Negro and white boys on TV screens as they kill and die together for a nation that has been unable to seat them together in the same school room. So we watch them in brutal solidarity, burning the huts of a poor village. But we realize that they would hardly live on the same block in Chicago or Atlanta. Now, I could not be silent in the face of such cruel manipulation of the poor.

My third reason moves to an even deeper level of awareness, for it grows out of my experience in the ghettos of the North over the last three years--especially the last three summers. As I have walked among the desperate, rejected, and angry young men, I have told them that Molotov cocktails and rifles would not solve their problems. I have tried to offer them my deepest compassion while maintaining my conviction that social change comes most meaningfully through non-violent action; for they ask and write me, "So what about Vietnam?" They ask if our nation wasn't using massive doses of violence to solve its problems to bring about the changes it wanted. Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without first having spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today: my own government.

For the sake of those boys, for the sake of this government, for the sake of the hundreds of thousands trembling under our violence I cannot be silent.

Been a lot of applauding over the last few years. They applauded our total movement; they've applauded me. America and most of its newspapers applauded me in Montgomery. And I stood before thousands of Negroes getting ready to riot when my home was bombed and said, we can't do it this way. They applauded us in the sit-in movement--we non-violently decided to sit in at lunch counters. The applauded us on the Freedom Rides when we accepted blows without retaliation. They praised us in Albany and Birmingham and Selma, Alabama. Oh, the press was so noble in its applause, and so noble in its praise when I was saying, Be non-violent toward Bull Connor;when I was saying, Be non-violent toward [Selma, Alabama segregationist sheriff] Jim Clark. There's something strangely inconsistent about a nation and a press that will praise you when you say, Be non-violent toward Jim Clark, but will curse and damn you when you say, "Be non-violent toward little brown Vietnamese children. There's something wrong with that press!

As if the weight of such a commitment to the life and health of America were not enough, another burden of responsibility was placed upon me in 1964. And I cannot forget that the Nobel Peace Prize was not just something taking place, but it was a commission--a commission to work harder than I had ever worked before for the brotherhood of Man. This is a calling that takes me beyond national allegiances. But even if it were not present, I would yet have to live with the meaning of my commitment to the ministry of Jesus Christ. To me, the relationship of this ministry to the making of peace is so obvious that I sometimes marvel at those who ask me why I am speaking against the war. Could it be that they do not know that the Good News was meant for all men, for communists and capitalists, for their children and ours, for black and white, for revolutionary and conservative. Have they forgotten that my ministry is in obedience to the One who loved His enemies so fully that he died for them? What, then, can I say to the Vietcong, or to Castro, or to Mao, as a faithful minister to Jesus Christ? Can I threaten them with death, or must I not share with them my life? Finally, I must be true to my conviction that I share with all men the calling to be the son of the Living God. Beyond the calling of race or nation or creed is this vocation of sonship and brotherhood. And because I believe that the Father is deeply concerned, especially for His suffering and helpless and outcast children, I come today to speak for them. And as I ponder the madness of Vietnam and search within myself for ways to understand and respond in compassion, my mind goes constantly to the people of that peninsula. I speak not now of the soldiers of each side, not of the military government of Saigon, but simply of the people who have been under the curse of war for almost three continuous decades now. I think of them, too, because it is clear to me that there will be no meaningful solution until some attempt is made to know these people and hear their broken cries.

Now, let me tell you the truth about it. They must see Americans as strange liberators.

Do you realize that the Vietnamese people proclaimed their own independence in 1945 after a combined French and Japanese occupation. And incidentally, this was before the Communist revolution in China. They were led by Ho Chi Minh. And this is a little-known fact, and these people declared themselves independent in 1945. They quoted our Declaration of Independence in their document of freedom, and yet our government refused to recognize them. President Truman said they were not ready for independence. So we fell victim as a nation at that time of the same deadly arrogance that has poisoned the international situation for all of these years. France then set out to reconquer its former colony. And they fought eight long, hard, brutal years trying to re-conquer Vietnam. You know who helped France? It was the United States of America. It came to the point that we were meeting more than eighty percent of the war costs. And even when France started despairing of its reckless action, we did not. And in 1954, a conference was called at Geneva, and an agreement was reached, because France had been defeated at Dien Bien Phu. But even after that, and after the Geneva Accord, we did not stop. We must face the sad fact that our government sought, in a real sense, to sabotage the Geneva Accord. Well, after the French were defeated, it looked as if independence and land reform would come through the Geneva agreement. But instead the United States came and started supporting a man named Diem who turned out to be one of the most ruthless dictators in the history of the world. He set out to silence all opposition. People were brutally murdered because they raised their voices against the brutal policies of Diem. And the peasants watched and cringed as Diem ruthlessly rooted out all opposition. The peasants watched as all this was presided over by United States influence and by increasing numbers of United States troops who came to help quell the insurgency that Diem's methods had aroused. When Diem was overthrown, they may have been happy, but the long line of military dictatorships seemed to offer no real change, especially in terms of their need for land and peace. And who are we supporting in Vietnam today? It's a man by the name of general Ky [Air Vice Marshal Nguyen Cao Ky] who fought with the French against his own people, and who said on one occasion that the greatest hero of his life is Hitler. This is who we are supporting in Vietnam today. Oh, our government and the press generally won't tell us these things, but God told me to tell you this morning. The truth must be told.

The only change came from America as we increased our troop commitments in support of governments which were singularly corrupt, inept, and without popular support and all the while the people read our leaflets and received regular promises of peace and democracy and land reform. Now they languish under our bombs and consider us, not their fellow Vietnamese, the real enemy. They move sadly and apathetically as we herd them off the land of their fathers into concentration camps, where minimal social needs are rarely met. They know they must move or be destroyed by our bombs. So they go, primarily women, and children and the aged. They watch as we poison their water, as we kill a million acres of their crops. They must weep as the bulldozers roar through their areas preparing to destroy the precious trees. They wander into the towns and see thousands of thousands of the children, homeless, without clothes, running in packs on the streets like animals. They see the children degraded by our soldiers as they beg for food. They see the children selling their sisters to our soldiers, soliciting for their mothers. We have destroyed their two most cherished institutions: the family and the village. We have destroyed their land and their crops. We have cooperated in the crushing of the nation's only noncommunist revolutionary political force, the United Buddhist Church. This is a role our nation has taken, the role of those who make peaceful revolutions impossible but refusing to give up the privileges and the pleasures that comes from the immense profits of overseas investments. I'm convinced that if we are to get on the right side of the world revolution, we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin the shift from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, militarism and economic exploitation are incapable of being conquered.

A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question the fairness and justice of many of our present policies. On the one hand, we are called to play the Good Samaritan on life's roadside, but that will be only an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho Road must be changed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed as they make their journey on life's highway. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. A true revolution of values will soon look uneasily on the glaring contrast of poverty and wealth with righteous indignation. It will look across the seas and see individual capitalists of the West investing huge sums of money in Asia, Africa, and South America, only to take the profits out with no concern for the social betterment of the countries, and say, "This is not just." It will look at our alliance with the landed gentry of Latin America and say, "This is not just." The Western arrogance of feeling that it has everything to teach others and nothing to learn from them is not just. A true revolution of values will lay hands on the world order and say of war, "This way of settling differences is not just." This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into the veins of peoples normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice, and love. A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.

Oh, my friends, if there is any one thing that we must see today is that these are revolutionary times. All over the globe men are revolting against old systems of exploitation and oppression, and out of the wounds of a frail world, new systems of justice and equality are being born.

The shirtless and barefoot people of the land are rising up as never before. The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. They are saying, unconsciously, as we say in one of our freedom songs, "Ain't gonna let nobody turn me around!" It is a sad fact that because of comfort, complacency, a morbid fear of communism, our proneness to adjust to injustice, the Western nations that initiated so much of the revolutionary spirit of the modern world have now become the arch anti-revolutionaries. This has driven many to feel that only Marxism has a revolutionary spirit. Therefore, communism is a judgment against our failure to make democracy real and follow through on the revolutions that we initiated. Our only hope today lies in our ability to recapture the revolutionary spirit and go out into a sometimes hostile world declaring eternal hostility to poverty, racism, and militarism. With this powerful commitment we shall boldly challenge the status quo, we shall boldly challenge unjust mores, and thereby speed up the day when "every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the rough places shall be made plain, and the crooked places straight. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together."

A genuine revolution of values means in the final analysis that our loyalties must become ecumenical rather than sectional. Every nation must now develop an overriding loyalty to mankind as a whole in order to preserve the best in their individual societies. This call for a worldwide fellowship that lifts neighborly concern beyond one's tribe, race, class, and nation is in reality a call for an all-embracing, unconditional love for all men. This oft misunderstood and misinterpreted concept, so readily dismissed by the Nietzsches of the world as a weak and cowardly force, has now become an absolute necessity for the survival of mankind. And when I speak of love I'm not speaking of some sentimental and weak response. I am speaking of that force which all of the great religions have seen as the supreme unifying principle of life. Love is somehow the key that unlocks the door which leads to ultimate reality. This Hindu-Muslim-Christian-Jewish-Buddhist belief about ultimate reality is beautifully summed up in the first epistle of John: "Let us love one another, for God is love. And every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us and his love is perfected in us."

Let me say finally that I oppose the war in Vietnam because...

I love America.

I speak out against this war, not in anger, but with anxiety and sorrow in my heart, and, above all, with a passionate desire to see our beloved country stand as the moral example of the world. I speak out against this war because I am disappointed with America.

And there can be no great disappointment where there is not great love.

I am disappointed with our failure to deal positively and forthrightly with the triple evils of racism, economic exploitation, and militarism. We are presently moving down a dead-end road that can lead to national disaster. America has strayed to the far country of racism and militarism. The home that all too many Americans left was solidly structured idealistically; its pillars were solidly grounded in the insights of our Judeo-Christian heritage. All men are made in the image of God. All men are bothers. All men are created equal. Every man is an heir to a legacy of dignity and worth.

Every man has rights that are neither conferred by, nor derived from the State--they are God-given.

Out of one blood, God made all men to dwell upon the face of the earth. What a marvelous foundation for any home! What a glorious and healthy place to inhabit. But America's strayed away, and this unnatural excursion has brought only confusion and bewilderment. It has left hearts aching with guilt and minds distorted with irrationality.

It is time for all people of conscience to call upon America to come back home. Come home, America. Omar Khayyam is right: "The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on."

I call on Washington today. 

I call on every man and woman of good will all over America today.

I call on the young men of America who must make a choice today to take a stand on this issue.

Tomorrow may be too late.

The book may close.

And don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine, messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world.

God has a way of standing before the nations with judgment, and it seems that I can hear God saying to America, "You're too arrogant! And if you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and I'll place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name. Be still and know that I'm God."

Now it isn't easy to stand up for truth and for justice. Sometimes it means being frustrated. When you tell the truth and take a stand, sometimes it means that you will walk the streets with a burdened heart. Sometimes it means losing a job...means being abused and scorned. It may mean having a seven, eight year old child asking a daddy, "Why do you have to go to jail so much?" And I've long since learned that to be a follower to the Jesus Christ means taking up the cross. And my bible tells me that Good Friday comes before Easter. Before the crown we wear, there is the cross that we must bear. Let us bear it--bear it for truth, bear it for justice, and bear it for peace. Let us go out this morning with that determination. And I have not lost faith. I'm not in despair, because I know that there is a moral order. I haven't lost faith, because the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. I can still sing "We Shall Overcome" because Carlyle was right: "No lie can live forever." We shall overcome because William Cullen Bryant was right: "Truth pressed to earth will rise again." We shall overcome because James Russell Lowell was right: "Truth forever on the scaffold, wrong forever on the throne." Yet, that scaffold sways the future. We shall overcome because the bible is right: "You shall reap what you sow." With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our world into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to speed up the day when justice will roll down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream. With this faith we will be able to speed up the day when the lion and the lamb will lie down together, and every man will sit under his own vine and fig tree, and none shall be afraid because the words of the Lord have spoken it. With this faith we will be able to speed up the day when all over the world we will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we're free at last!" With this faith, we'll sing it as we're getting ready to sing it now. Men will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. And nations will not rise up against nations, neither shall they study war anymore. And I don't know about you, I ain't gonna study war no more.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
"A Time Comes When Silence Is Betrayal".
http://www.911truth.ie/emails/101120/107.html
DATE: Wed, 26 Apr 2006

"Before the victory's won, some would be misunderstood and called bad names and dismissed as rabble rousers and agitators, but we shall overcome. And I tell you why: We shall overcome because the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice".

-----

These words are just as relevant today as when Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. first spoke them 39 years ago. At first glance they might be overlooked as just a simple protest against the war in Vietnam, but the relevance of this entire speech to the modern world we live in today, particularly issues like the truth of 9/11, can be heard in almost every inspiring point made. MLK mentions how "conformist thought" can end up preventing people from challenging their government sufficiently, especially in times of war, and how those who do speak out often then find it a "vocation of agony" because the current political climate deems it controversial or unpatriotic - nevertheless he says, "We must speak".

Although the speech is full of great parallels, that line alone - "A time comes when silence is betrayal" - is extremely poignant, because in the context of not questioning 9/11, in the face of overwhelming evidence that it should be questioned, that silence is a betrayal. It’s a betrayal not just to ourselves but to all the past generations who fought and died so that we may live in freedom, that silence is a betrayal to all the future generations who will inherit the world we leave them, and if we don’t question 9/11 that silence is a betrayal to all those who perished in the attacks and in the subsequent wars that 9/11 has disgustingly been used as currency to justify.

But for this silence to be a betrayal, whether it’s because of denial, forced circumstance, or just plain fear to speak out, the person not speaking out has to already know the facts and understand full well that they’re not doing the right thing. So, for the vast majority of uniformed people their silence can’t be described as a betrayal, because like the majority of people in the 9/11 truth movement - who also initially believed the official story - their silence most likely stems from being nave, innocent, and ignorant to the facts.

That same understanding though can’t be applied to those in charge of the mainstream media who should be informing the uninformed masses, and whose silence is in effect a full betrayal - because they undoubtedly know that the official explanation, when critically analyzed, is the most outrageous and massively improbable conspiracy theory of them all. It is also beyond doubt there are many honest journalists and editors in the mainstream media who want desperately to break their silence, but have been prevented by "higher-ups".

So, it is up to those fighting for 9/11 truth to not only do the job of the media and inform the uninformed, but to also help those who are in denial - or who feel forced or intimidated - to break their betrayal of silence by making it socially acceptable to publicly question the previously unquestionable official account of 9/11. We must do that by establishing a credible, factual, and moral high ground which welcomes honest debate, and encourages individual research. Charlie Sheen’s inspiring efforts are a shining example of this approach as he has concentrated on a few key issues that make people think, and asks people to look at the information for themselves, draw their own conclusions, and debate.

Like the Charlie Sheen inspired "Challenge Me on the Facts" slogan for the 9/11 truth movement, a similar Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. inspired "Silence is Betrayal" slogan would make a great, simple, and thought provoking comment for anyone still convinced by the official story who can’t understand why questioning 9/11 should be so important to them.

www.911blogger.com
Martin Luther King - A Time to Break Silence - April 4th 1967
(10mb MP3)

-----

'No lie can live forever.'

There's a little song that we sing in our movement down in the South. I don't know if you've heard it. It has become the theme song: "We shall overcome. We shall overcome. Deep in my heart, I do believe, we shall overcome." You know, I've joined hands so often with students and others behind jail bars singing it, "We shall overcome."

Sometimes we've had tears in our eyes when we joined together to sing it, but we still decided to sing it, "We shall overcome." Oh, before this victory's won, some will have to get thrown in jail some more, but we shall overcome.

Don't worry about us. Before the victory's won, some of us will lose jobs, but we shall overcome. Before the victory's won, even some will have to face physical death.

But if physical death is the price that some must pay to free their children from a permanent psychological death, then nothing shall be more redemptive. We shall overcome. Before the victory's won, some would be misunderstood and called bad names and dismissed as rabble rousers and agitators, but we shall overcome.

And I tell you why: We shall overcome because the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice. We shall overcome because Carlisle is right, "No lie can live forever."

We shall overcome because William Cullen Bryant is right:
"Truth crushed to earth will rise again."

http://www.pipeline.com/~rgibson/overcomehistory.html

"Give Us the Ballot,"
Address at the Prayer Pilgrimage for Freedom
17 May 1957
Washington, D.C.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/publications/speeches/Give_us_the_ballot.html

There is something in our faith that says evil may so shape events, that Caesar will occupy the palace and Christ the cross (That's right), but one day that same Christ will rise up and split history into a.d. and b.c. (Yes), so that even the life of Caesar must be dated by his name. (Yes)

There is something in this universe (Yes, Yes) which justifies Carlyle in saying: "No lie can live forever." (All right) There is something in this universe which justifies William Cullen Bryant in saying: "Truth crushed to earth will rise again." (Yes. All right) There is something in this universe (Watch yourself) which justifies James Russell Lowell in saying:

Truth forever on the scaffold,

Wrong forever on the throne. (Oh yeah)

Yet that scaffold sways the future,

And behind the dim unknown

Stands God (All right), within the shadow,

Keeping watch above His own. (Yeah, yes)

Go out with that faith today. (All right, Yes) Go back to your homes in the Southland to that faith, with that faith today. Go back to Philadelphia, to New York, to Detroit and Chicago with that faith today (That's right): that the universe is on our side in the struggle. (Sure is, Yes) Stand up for justice. (Yes)

Sometimes it gets hard, but it is always difficult to get out of Egypt, for the Red Sea always stands before you with discouraging dimensions. (Yes) And even after you've crossed the Red Sea, you have to move through a wilderness with prodigious hilltops of evil (Yes) and gigantic mountains of opposition. (Yes) But I say to you this afternoon: Keep moving. (Go on ahead) Let nothing slow you up. (Go on ahead) Move on with dignity and honor and respectability. (Yes)

I realize that it will cause restless nights sometimes. It might cause losing a job; it will cause suffering and sacrifice. (That's right) It might even cause physical death for some. But if physical death is the price that some must pay (Yes sir) to free their children from a permanent life of psychological death (Yes, sir), then nothing can be more Christian. (Yes sir) Keep going today. (Yes sir) Keep moving amid every obstacle. (Yes sir) Keep moving amid every mountain of opposition. (Yes, sir, Yeah) If you will do that with dignity (Say it), when the history books are written in the future, the historians will have to look back and say, "There lived a great people. (Yes sir, Yes) A people with ‘fleecy locks and black complexion (Yes),’ but a people who injected new meaning into the veins of civilization; a people which stood up with dignity and honor and saved Western civilization in her darkest hour (Yes); a people that gave new integrity and a new dimension of love to our civilization." (Yeah, Look out) When that happens, "the morning stars will sing together, (Yes, sir) and the sons of God will shout for joy." (Yes sir, All right) [applause] (Yes, That’s wonderful, All right)

-----

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

kushfiend

+1

Excellent research Sane, jaw dropping evidence.  If people actually take the time to read 2 pages, a whole new level of the New World Order will be exposed!  LBJ = the real mastermind, or the Dick Cheney, of his day.

Ridiculous cover up of MLK assassination is retarded.  Why haven't people questioned this shit?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
+1

Excellent research Sane, jaw dropping evidence.  If people actually take the time to read 2 pages, a whole new level of the New World Order will be exposed!  LBJ = the real mastermind, or the Dick Cheney, of his day.

Ridiculous cover up of MLK assassination is retarded.  Why haven't people questioned this shit?

The entire King family believes that James Earl Ray had nothing to do with the murder of Dr. King.  A day before Ray's appeal with the new evidence, he died.  What a coincidence.

Offline Revolt426

Fortunately for us, they cannot assassinate an idea.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline SuzakaDusk

From my local newspaper :
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/apr/04/new-look-at-tragedy-41-years-later/

Home Local Greater Memphis
It knocked me back,' says Hooks about photo after King's murder
Though chilled by the images, locals glad they have surfaced
By Michael Lollar (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Saturday, April 4, 2009

The photographs became obscure parts of a magazine archive in 1968, unpublished until Friday when they reminded the country of the man and the murder that transformed the civil rights movement in America.

A dozen photographs by LIFE magazine photographer Henry Groskinsky were discovered in the magazine's archives and posted on the LIFE Web site, reminding the world of the sniper attack that killed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Henry Groskinsky/Time Life Pictures/Getty Images

Theatrice Bailey, brother of the Lorraine Motel's owner, sweeps blood from the balcony where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was shot April 4, 1968.
STORY TOOLS
E-mail story
iPod friendly
Printer friendly
RELATED STORIES
Photos of aftermath of MLK killing languished for 41 years
Related Links
LIFE magazine: Never-before-published photos from Memphis, April 4, 1968
More Greater Memphis
Jeremiah Wright remains firm in support of Obama
Hyter's baritone embodied power of Mississippi River
500 local FedEx workers laid off
 Share and Enjoy [?]
     A series of more famous photographs had been used the morning after King's death, especially those of the men who surrounded King on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel. In that famous photo, most of King's entourage stood pointing to the boarding house across Mulberry Street where the sniper had hidden.

Groskinsky had been in Alabama when he learned of King's death and rushed with a reporter to Memphis. He arrived that night, and his after-the-fact photos captured the brother of the motel owner in the most graphic of the photos. They remind the world that King, a national hero with a national holiday, was a mortal with a mortal wound. Theatrice Bailey is photographed sweeping King's blood from the balcony and, later, scraping drying blood from the concrete.

"It knocked me back. It upset me," said Benjamin L. Hooks, the retired national chairman of the NAACP, who said he looked through the photographs online Friday. His family had owned Hooks Brothers Photographers, and he had worked with his father from age 12 until he was drafted into the Army at 18.

Hooks said Groskinsky's photographs were among many that went unpublished when a photo editor selected only four or five of hundreds of photographs shot.

"I'm glad they were not destroyed," said Hooks, who said the photographs now are part of a history that includes Hooks himself in King's motel room after the shooting. Hooks had been at a bar association meeting at the old Claridge Hotel when he learned King had been shot. When he rushed to the Lorraine Motel, he joined King's entourage.

"In the photograph we were sitting around discussing what had happened." As they recalled King's life, they were sometimes able to laugh, but, "We also cried."

King had often said he was fearful, but not afraid of being killed.

"Those of us who had worked closely with Dr. King for so many years looked for him to be killed. I had been with him so many times when he had been threatened," said Hooks.

Months before the shooting, he had persuaded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference to appoint Rev. Ralph Abernathy as first vice president with automatic succession rights.

"He was preparing for his death," Hooks said.

National Civil Rights Museum president Beverly Robertson said the photographs "were moving, but also chilling." Robertson said the museum is looking into acquiring the photos or using them on loan as part of its story of civil and human rights.

In Boca Raton, Fla., Groskinsky told The Associated Press that he was glad his photographs, none of which had been used, finally are "seeing the light of day." He said he no longer owns the photos, but is glad they are "a part of history. Unfortunately, it was a sad part of history."

-- Michael Lollar: 529-2793

Local King events

Saturday

9-9:45 a.m. Southern Christian Leadership Conference March from Martin Luther King Jr. Labor Center, 555 Beale, to the National Civil Rights Museum. Guest speakers will talk in the museum's courtyard afterward.

10:30-11:15 a.m. Founders Park dedication on the museum plaza between South Main and Mulberry, with a special salute to museum founders and sanitation workers.

11:45 a.m. Neighborhood cleanup, with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the AFSCME and volunteers targeting blighted neighborhoods in Downtown and South Memphis.

5-6:15 p.m. Candlelight vigil in the Civil Rights Museum courtyard. Performance by Philander Smith College Choir, wreath-laying, litany of remembrance and guest speakers.

Sunday

5:30 p.m. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Symphony and Musical. New Sardis Baptist Church, 7739 E. Holmes. Admission: $10. Sponsored by Rainbow/Push Coalition and The Beloved Community.

Words can not describe how I feel, I am exiled in the UK away from my husband and babies and I so much love and miss them, I am heartbroken about my ordeal. I am so upset and overwhelmed by it all. I am not taking anything for my depression. I'm trying to hang in there, but it is hard.

deconstructmyhouse

JFK

MLK

RFK

Malcolm X

Gulf of Tonkin

USS Liberty

What a great man!

not to mention picking up his beagle by the ears and laughing...
that freaked me out when i was a little girl

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
William Pepper - An Act of State The Execution of MLK
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8419499993878733310
2:17:39  - 3 years ago

Evidence.of.Revision...Part.6...MLK
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2596003995912605454
1:26:14  - 1 year ago

Offline happyJoy

• I'M the cat!
Bump!

The truth is all there is.

"How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look?"
(Redemption Song - Bob Marley)
Another bucket of blood under the bridge, you learn to love bridges and never look down. - HST