CATO Institute Cheye Calvo explores the money behind SWAT TEAMS

Author Topic: CATO Institute Cheye Calvo explores the money behind SWAT TEAMS  (Read 8790 times)

Offline A Who

• 12.160Mhz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPv_1YpqWQ This is why so many people are getting "SWAT TEAMED".
"Build A Great Tomorrow, Hear My Words Today."

http://snardfarker.ning.com/profile/Awho

Offline EchelonMonitor

• Infowars Ning Network--upload your photos for posting in the forum
Re: CATO Institute Cheye Calvo explores the money behind SWAT TEAMS
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:03:26 AM »
Alex needs to see this.

Mayor Cheye Calvo who was SWAT-teamed:  "They do no investigation--they didn't even google my name to find out who lived there--they shoot first and ask questions later."

"The worse crime that happened in my town last year was this raid on my house by the county swat team."

"They were looking for money and they got all excited when they found an envelope of garage sale money, until they found out it was only $68."

He says SWAT teams are federally-sponsored criminal gangs who's primary goal is to steal your property and your money.

He got nation's first SWAT oversight law passed in Maryland.

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:16:46 AM »
Not sure what his deal is -- I'd like to have him on the show so he can explain what happened.

As for the SWAT teams, yeah get him on about that. Those damned things need to be disbanded...

"Men in black ski masks!"

Offline EchelonMonitor

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:22:14 AM »
Not sure what his deal is -- I'd like to have him on the show so he can explain what happened.

As for the SWAT teams, yeah get him on about that. Those damned things need to be disbanded...

Drug dealers choose random houses who's occupants are gone in the day for their FedEx drug deliveries, then pick them up off the front porch.

One was identified before it was dropped off and after it was, the county swat-teamed the house.  They didn't check to see who lived there first--the town Mayor.  SWAT broke in and killed the mayor's two dogs before ransacking the house.

The same thing happens all the time--over 700 SWAT raids per year in that county, he found out--all without oversight and with payoffs from the FEDs for the number of raids, arrests and drugs seized, until he got the nation's first SWAT oversight law passed in Maryland.

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 04:24:57 AM »
Ah, that must have been tramatizing. What is it with killing dogs... police sure seem to like destroying people's property.

He makes a very important point at the end: "The SWAT teams are funding themselves with the confiscated drug money."

Definately get him on, if only for the publicity for the new law -- but his story is one worth hearing.

Offline EchelonMonitor

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 04:32:11 AM »
Yeah, he would be a good guest.

Other states need to pass SWAT oversight laws similar to Marylands.

It's incredible the amount of crime the government commits against the people of the USA.

Mike Philbin

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 04:43:52 AM »
Harrowing news report about this No-Knock raid from back in 2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVVos3fYGlI

Offline GUS

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 06:07:59 AM »
One of the effects, if not one of the main reasons for the war on drugs, was the development of a police state infrastructure. Now that most of the elements are in place, who do you think it will be used on? It's mostly been practice up until now. A way will be found to demonize and criminalize large portions of the American people so their population control mechanisms can get to work. The demonization is already going on all around us. The lists are getting longer.