***THE MAIN BOARDS - Welcome to the Prison Planet Educational Forum and Library*** > General Discussion for the Prison Planet Educational Forum and Library

Alan Watt and NWO Controlled Vegetarianism

<< < (10/13) > >>

vCFy7W3SFb:
Too Much Meat and Dairy Causes Cancer

Recent research by the University of Oxford has shown that eating meat and dairy products may increase the risk of prostate cancer. Diets high in meat, especially red and processed meat, raises levels of a hormone called Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) which promotes cell growth – cancer is a disease where cell growth has become uncontrollable without drastic action, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

The research, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, showed that men with high blood levels of IGF-1 had a 40% higher chance of developing prostate cancer. This hormone, although essential for growth, can also inhibit the death of cells which have come to the end of their natural life cycle.

Dr Andrew Roddam who lead the research admitted that the extent of its effect is still unclear, but studies so far have shown that levels are up to 15% higher in people who consume lots of meat and dairy products. He also said that there is a need to identify risk factors for prostate cancer, especially those which can be targeted by therapy and/or lifestyle changes.

“Now we know this factor is associated with the disease we can start to examine how diet and lifestyle factors can affect its levels and whether changes could reduce a man’s risk.” Dr Andrew Roddam, 2008.

Although the studies looked at prostate cancer, all forms of cancer could be affected, as they are all caused by malfunctioning cell growth in the body. Prostate cancer proves fatal in approximately 30% of cases, and every year more than 34,000 UK men are diagnosed with it.

“While there are established risk factors associated with prostate cancer of age, family history, and ethnicity, there are no clear data on modifiable risk factors.” Dr Lesley Walker, Cancer Research UK. More research is needed, however, before this can be translated into useful advice for men on which foods may need to be modified in their diet.”

A couple of months ago we were reminded of the increased colon cancer risk when consuming high amounts of processed meat. Red meat, and possibly dairy too, are certainly not healthy when consumed in large quantities. Some red meat is healthy, as it is a great source of iron and protein, but when eaten in excess, it can lead to far greater problems. As with all dietary advice, moderation is the key. Avoid processed meats, and limit red meat to once or twice a week. Consume more chicken, fish and vegetable options for a well balanced diet.
http://www.motleyhealth.com/articles/2008/10/too-much-meat-and-dairy-causes-cancer.html

Why meat and dairy causes human diseases
Jump to Comments

Scientists may have discovered the reason why consuming red meat and dairy leads to diseases such as heart disease and cancer.

Prof Ajit Varki of the University of California explained in an article in the Telegraph that human beings are the only animals (including our close relatives chimpanzees and other primates) not to produce Neu5Gc (N-glycolylneuraminic acid), a sialic acid which plays an important role in our bodies to regulate our immune responses. Instead, we have a very similar molecule called Neu5Ac.

When we eat meat and milk, the Neu5Gc becomes absorbed in to our tissues and our bodies react to it as a foreign object. Tests have revealed that many people carry antibodies that react to Neu5Gc which could trigger damaging inflammation. Chronic inflammation is linked to cancer. There is also evidence to suggest Neu5Gc is linked to heart dieases, arthitis, diabetes and asthma.

This is not the first time Prof Varki has studied Neu5Gc. Following a study in 2003, where he tested on himself and colleagues rather than inflicting this potentially dangerous substance on others, he said that “it is conceivable that gradual Neu5Gc incorporation into the cells of the body over a lifetime, with subsequent binding of the circulating antibodies against Neu5Gc (the immune response), could contribute to the inflammatory processes involved in various diseases.”

Several other studies have linked red meat and dairy to a variety of human diseases, but usually relating only to the high content of saturated fats in animal products. Although the link between Neu5Gc and diseases still needs further research, it certainly sounds plausible at this stage.
http://ethicaleating.org.uk/2008/07/09/meatcauseshumandiseases/

The China Study - Animal protein (meat and dairy) causes cancer
Posted Aug 24 08 6:39pm

Watch this very interesting video (of which you will find the link below), in which Professor T. Colin Campbell PhD talks about the China Study and his research about the effect of animal protein - meat and dairy - on cancer.

Celebrated Cornell professor T. Colin Campbell discusses his decades of NIH-funded research which show that meat and dairy promote cancer growth and a plant-based (vegan) diet can prevent and even reverse cancer. Covers the Oxford-Cornell-China Study which the New York Times called "the Grand Prix of epidemiological studies."

Summary of the China study

Casein (the protein found in all dairy) is the most significant carcinogen we consume. Our intake should never be more than 10 % of our total daily food intake. By changing the amount of protein in your diet, you can turn on and off cancer growth. Animal protein has a much bigger impact than animal fats.

Dairy consumption is the biggest predictor of for instance prostate cancer.

Plant-based foods are healthier than animal-based foods. All this scientific information is available. Why don’t we hear about it? Who is controlling the agenda? Not the big companies, who pay for only about 5% of all the research. No, the government, who decides what research to spend its money on.

I hope you will watch the video (although it takes 50 minutes). Watching this information can help you to prevent serious diseases. And if you are seriously ill, it might help you ....

Professor T. Colin Campbell PhD -- Animal protein (meat and dairy) causes cancer
http://www.wellsphere.com/raw-food-article/the-china-study-animal-protein-meat-and-dairy-causes-cancer/139626

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1308977765978236346
Professor T. Colin Campbell PhD -- Animal protein (meat and dairy) causes cancer

and about 1,000 other articles you should also ignore

RoadRunner:

--- Quote from: vCFy7W3SFb on July 01, 2009, 10:42:34 pm ---Too Much Meat and Dairy Causes Cancer

Recent research by the University of Oxford has shown that eating meat and dairy products may increase the risk of prostate cancer. Diets high in meat, especially red and processed meat, raises levels of a hormone called Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) which promotes cell growth – cancer is a disease where cell growth has become uncontrollable without drastic action, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

.... more

--- End quote ---

1) this article is specifically mentioning red meat, where as you generalized all meat is a demon to ones health. also, in a previous post before we got into this debate, in this same thread, i had mentioned the dangers of excessive red meat consumption, so my argument against your claim was addressed against the generalization of all meat being bad for your health, not a specific type of meat

2) i agree that excessive dairy product eating is bad for your health, but i specifically said in my address to your demonization of dairy and meat, that any unbalanced diet is poor for your health, including the vegan

sorry but i dont feel "totally destroyed"

Mr Grinch:

--- Quote ---Dr Andrew Roddam who lead the research admitted that the extent of its effect is still unclear, but studies so far have shown that levels are up to 15% higher in people who consume lots of meat and dairy products.
===========
Celebrated Cornell professor T. Colin Campbell discusses his decades of NIH-funded research which show that meat and dairy promote cancer growth and a plant-based (vegan) diet can prevent and even reverse cancer. Covers the Oxford-Cornell-China Study which the New York Times called "the Grand Prix of epidemiological studies."

--- End quote ---

This is the same foundation owned taught and educated, "university system" that is behind the whole monstrosity.

vCFy7W3SFb:

--- Quote from: RoadRunner on July 01, 2009, 10:58:05 pm ---1) this article is specifically mentioning red meat, where as you generalized all meat is a demon to ones health. also, in a previous post before we got into this debate, in this same thread, i had mentioned the dangers of excessive red meat consumption, so my argument against your claim was addressed against the generalization of all meat being bad for your health, not a specific type of meat

2) i agree that excessive dairy product eating is bad for your health, but i specifically said in my address to your demonization of dairy and meat, that any unbalanced diet is poor for your health, including the vegan

sorry but i dont feel "totally destroyed"

--- End quote ---

well when you put it that way i mis-judged your position on meat dairy but they healthiest is zero meat/dairy and that's a fact.

RoadRunner:

--- Quote from: vCFy7W3SFb on July 01, 2009, 11:05:52 pm ---well when you put it that way i mis-judged your position on meat dairy but they healthiest is zero meat/dairy and that's a fact.

--- End quote ---

okay doke, maybe ill try it out sometime

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version