Robotics Revolution Slashing Need For Human Labor - Changing Global Industry

Author Topic: Robotics Revolution Slashing Need For Human Labor - Changing Global Industry  (Read 103347 times)

Offline abrhim

Re: Japan developing remote control for humans
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 01:38:27 AM »
Pan? No of course to be like our leaders i practice pagan sacrifice...or maybe i just enjoy the peace and quiet...and depending on the time of year, morels are out waiting to be hunted.

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 02:10:12 AM »
ConcordeWarrior

Japan is the most advanced country in the world when it comes to science and technology.
No one can match them. Also they are NOT afraid of working hard unlike their lazy European counterparts.

Japan is a Totalitarian state supported by the global elite. Most of what the outside world see an illusion.

The Japanese, like most of the world, have been dumbed down, and are slaves to the NWO. The Japanese propaganda machine allows you to see the best of its society, and hides the rest.

For the most part, the Japanese have little or no independent thought, and are controlled by mass media and networks that dictate their lives.

Soon the Borg will be welcomed and worshiped in Japan.
When we give up learning we have no more troubles. Lao Tzu

Sai On http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_On

Sai On: Okinawa's Sage Reformer www.amazon.com/Saion-Okinawas-sage-reformer-introduction/dp/B0006CKRU0

Unspeakable Things www.personal.psu.edu/gjs4

Berminator

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 08:16:22 AM »
ConcordeWarrior

Japan is a Totalitarian state supported by the global elite. Most of what the outside world see an illusion.

The Japanese, like most of the world, have been dumbed down, and are slaves to the NWO. The Japanese propaganda machine allows you to see the best of its society, and hides the rest.

For the most part, the Japanese have little or no independent thought, and are controlled by mass media and networks that dictate their lives.

Soon the Borg will be welcomed and worshiped in Japan.

Better in Japan with the yin-yang than S Korea with Kimmy though aye?

Offline SUPREMEMASTER

• Commander
    • http://www.activismoverdrive.comze.com
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
Can't believe I didn't see this earlier.....

Japan is the most advanced country in the world when it comes to science and technology.
No one can match them. Also they are NOT afraid of working hard unlike their lazy European counterparts.

If they had the same financial means as the U.S. for research they would be in the 23rd Century so far ahead of the rest of the world.

And yeah, but sometimes I wonder if military technology (at the REALLY ultra classified levels) still goes above Japanese Industrial technology....
Automatic User Post Signature:
The message has to be put out in the right way.
Website Still Needs to be updated |ActivismOverDrive.comze.net|

Offline Valerius

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 04:00:30 PM »
Some people enjoy the experience?
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 04:22:20 PM »
And yeah, but sometimes I wonder if military technology (at the REALLY ultra classified levels) still goes above Japanese Industrial technology....

It seems that technology transfers through international corporations can easily explain the high level of science in the marketplace in Japan.

The people have gone through stages of pre-industrialization through to phases of de-industrialization in a span of 100 years, amazing really. This was accomplished with the help of nation-building efforts of mostly British and American governments and bankers, taking a closed feudal society in constant internal strife to a unified nation supported by international alliances.

Japan will likely lead the world in various facets of cultural change toward the acceptance of post-humanism. The creation of the modern Japanese collectivist society is a grand globalist experiment, incrementally shaping a people through UNESCOs' mass-media machine. The malleability of a people is quite a spectacle.

Sai On: Okinawa's Sage Reformer www.amazon.com/Saion-Okinawas-sage-reformer-introduction/dp/B0006CKRU0

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »

Yes, the children of Japan are happy.

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009, 04:47:48 PM »
Below is an article that will help us along with our predictive programming.

How long will it take to completely replace teachers with robots, video games, and TV screens? On the most part, the Japanese have forsaken their educational system. Now we have a corporate-educational structure in place for the creation of lifestyle fantasies--making a place in your mind where dreams really can come true.

Robot teacher smiles, scolds in classroom: But developers say it's not about to replace human instructors
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29634158/][url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29634158/[/url]

Yuri Kageyama, updated 5:31 p.m. ET March 11, 2009

TOKYO - Japan's robot teacher calls roll, smiles and scolds, drawing laughter from students with her eerily lifelike face. But the developer says it's not about to replace human instructors.

Unlike more mechanical-looking robots like Honda Motor Co.'s Asimo, the robot teacher, called Saya, can express six basic emotions — surprise, fear, disgust, anger, happiness, sadness — because its rubber skin is being pulled from the back with motors and wiring around the eyes and the mouth.

In a demonstration, the robot's mouth popped open, its eyes widened and eyebrows arched to appear surprised. Saya pulled back on its lips to make a smile, and said simple preprogrammed phrases such as "Thank you," while its lips moved, to express pleasure.

"Robots that look human tend to be a big hit with young children and the elderly," Hiroshi Kobayashi, Tokyo University of Science professor and Saya's developer, told The Associated Press Wednesday. "Children even start crying when they are scolded."

First developed as a receptionist robot in 2004, Saya was tested in a real Tokyo classroom earlier this year with a handful of fifth and sixth graders, although it still can't do much more than call out names and shout orders like "Be quiet."

The children had great fun, Kobayashi recalled, tickled when it called out their names. Still, it's just remote-controlled by a human watching the interaction through cameras, he said.

Japan and other nations are hopeful robotics will provide a solution for their growing labor shortage problem as populations age. But scientists express concern about using a machine to take care of children and the elderly.

Ronald C. Arkin, professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology, said more research in human-robot interaction is needed before overly relying on robots.

"Simply turning our grandparents over to teams of robots abrogates our society's responsibility to each other, and encourages a loss of touch with reality for this already mentally and physically challenged population," he said.

Noel Sharkey, robotics expert and professor at the University of Sheffield, believes robots can serve as an educational aid in inspiring interest in science, but they can't replace humans.

"It would be delusional to think that such robots could replace a human teacher," he said. "Leading scientists, engineers and mathematicians, almost without exception, talk about that one teacher who inspired them. A robot cannot be that kind of inspirational role model."

Kobayashi says Saya is just meant to help people and warns against getting hopes up too high for its possibilities.

"The robot has no intelligence. It has no ability to learn. It has no identity," he said. "It is just a tool."

But would he create a robot in human form, say, a fantasy friend with movie-star looks?

"Sure," he says, "If you're willing to pay."

That made-to-order robot will cost about 5 million yen ($51,000), he said.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Offline The_lizard

• The Thread Killer
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »

If they had the same financial means as the U.S. for research they would be in the 23rd Century so far ahead of the rest of the world.

I call bs, Japanese just take pre-existing technology and refine it, make it more efficient, smaller. They are inventive by nature but not imaginative enough to be 23rd century. It's just their culture, like they couldn't take a chinese invention like gunpowder and make the first gun but they could take a pre-existing Chinese sword and refine it to the point it became the best blade on earth. Europeans by nature are imaginative enough to create new things that no one ever thought of before like rocketry and the combustion engine.

Some japanese guy probably saw this and thought "What a great idea!!"

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »
I call bs, Japanese just take pre-existing technology and refine it, make it more efficient, smaller. They are inventive by nature but not imaginative enough to be 23rd century. It's just their culture, like they couldn't take a Chinese invention like gunpowder and make the first gun but they could take a pre-existing Chinese sword and refine it to the point it became the best blade on earth. Europeans by nature are imaginative enough to create new things that no one ever thought of before like rocketry and the combustion engine.

Yes, however, in a collective society like Japan, we must look at the imported Chinese and local ideologies that stabilized and governed society throughout ages.

To maintain power prior to the opening of Japan in the latter 19th century, metals and technologies were still restricted by the government. Under these conditions, the lower classes were very creative and highly skilled with the materials and the limited education they had at that time.

Now, it seems that the Japanese are living in a technological dreamland, with little or no real understanding of the toys they play with. Under this playful facade is a collectivist skill base rooted in pre-industrial society that has been engineered for the modern day service industry.

An interesting aspect of the collectivist nature of the Japanese mind, is that there is little reflection of the consequences on actions taken by the individual. In fact, this appears to be a cognitive deficit scientifically engineered through mass media, education, possibly vaccinations, and the excessive use of monosodium glutamate in the food supply. Anything is possible when the general public shows no interest in the actions of a corporate-state behind closed doors.

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »

Results of Totalitarian Control of Reality
The following article illustrates the dreamlike illusionary state of the Japanese Mind.

'My soul rode on a UFO to Venus... it was very green': Japan's new prime minister's wife embarrasses husband with bizarre claim
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1210661/My-soul-rode-UFO-Venus--green-Japans-new-prime-ministers-wife.html?ITO=1490#
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 4:04 PM on 02nd September 2009

Japan's next prime minister might be nicknamed 'the alien', but it's his wife who claims to have had a close encounter with another world.

'While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus,' Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama, wrote in a book published last year.

'It was a very beautiful place and it was really green.'

Embarrassing: Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama , has claimed that her soul went to Venus with aliens

Yukio Hatoyama is due to be voted in as premier on September 16th following his party's crushing election victory over the long-ruling Liberal Democratic Party on Sunday.

Miyuki, 66, described the extraterrestrial experience, which she said took place some 20 years ago, in a book entitled "Very Strange Things I've Encountered".

When she awoke, she wrote, she told her now ex-husband that she had just been to Venus. He advised her that it was probably just a dream.

'My current husband (Japan's next prime minister) has a different way of thinking,' she wrote. 'He would surely say 'Oh, that's great'.'

Yukio Hatoyama, 62, the rich grandson of a former prime minister, was once nicknamed "the alien" for his prominent eyes.

Miyuki, also known for her culinary skills, spent six years acting in the Takarazuka Revue, an all-female musical theatre group. She met the U.S.-educated Yukio while living in America.

Yukio Hatoyama, right, leader of the main opposition Democratic Party of Japan, and his wife Miyuki smile for the media last week after casting their absentee votes for the general elections at a polling station in Tokyo

She has told interviewers in the past that she had never had a dream that was not fulfilled and was now "burning" with desire to make a film in Hollywood.

"Unrealised dreams? I don't think I have one," she said. "Dreams will come true if you strongly believe in them. The dream I now want to realise and believe will come true is film-making."

She playfully went on to say that the lead actor would be Tom Cruise, "because I know he was a Japanese in a previous life."

She declined to go into details about her film plot, but declared confidently that her movie would "change people's sense of value dramatically... I'll get an Oscar for sure."

Miyuki went on to say how she gets energy from the sun.

"When the sun is up, I always eat it... I tear it off and eat it like this," she said, gesturing as if clawing at the sky, tearing pieces off the sun and putting them in her mouth. "That gives me great power," she said.

A former actress turned lifestyle guru with an interest in spirituality she will liven up the rather staid role of a premier's wife.

Miyuki, known for her extrovert and quirky personality, gives inspirational talks and has appeared on TV variety shows to discuss topics ranging from spirituality to politics.

She describes herself as a "life composer" who arranges people's food, clothes and home decor and has authored cook books, including "Spiritual Food" on Hawaiian macrobiotic recipes.

She also serves as the chief stylist for her husband, doing his hair and coordinating what he wears.

The 62-year-old has spoken in glowing terms about his wife as the bedrock of his life.

'I feel relieved when I get home,' he told an interviewer for a photo book published in 2002. 'She is like an energy-refuelling base.'

Offline abrhim

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
anyone made the correlation between this and that movie 'gamer', i've only seen the trailers but it seems to parallel this post.

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
Results of Totalitarian Control of Reality
The following article illustrates the dreamlike illusionary state of the Japanese Mind.

'My soul rode on a UFO to Venus... it was very green': Japan's new prime minister's wife embarrasses husband with bizarre claim
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1210661/My-soul-rode-UFO-Venus--green-Japans-new-prime-ministers-wife.html?ITO=1490#
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 4:04 PM on 02nd September 2009

Japan's next prime minister might be nicknamed 'the alien', but it's his wife who claims to have had a close encounter with another world.

'While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus,' Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama, wrote in a book published last year.

'It was a very beautiful place and it was really green.'

Embarrassing: Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama , has claimed that her soul went to Venus with aliens

Yukio Hatoyama is due to be voted in as premier on September 16th following his party's crushing election victory over the long-ruling Liberal Democratic Party on Sunday.

Miyuki, 66, described the extraterrestrial experience, which she said took place some 20 years ago, in a book entitled "Very Strange Things I've Encountered".

When she awoke, she wrote, she told her now ex-husband that she had just been to Venus. He advised her that it was probably just a dream.

'My current husband (Japan's next prime minister) has a different way of thinking,' she wrote. 'He would surely say 'Oh, that's great'.'

Yukio Hatoyama, 62, the rich grandson of a former prime minister, was once nicknamed "the alien" for his prominent eyes.

Miyuki, also known for her culinary skills, spent six years acting in the Takarazuka Revue, an all-female musical theatre group. She met the U.S.-educated Yukio while living in America.

Yukio Hatoyama, right, leader of the main opposition Democratic Party of Japan, and his wife Miyuki smile for the media last week after casting their absentee votes for the general elections at a polling station in Tokyo

She has told interviewers in the past that she had never had a dream that was not fulfilled and was now "burning" with desire to make a film in Hollywood.

"Unrealised dreams? I don't think I have one," she said. "Dreams will come true if you strongly believe in them. The dream I now want to realise and believe will come true is film-making."

She playfully went on to say that the lead actor would be Tom Cruise, "because I know he was a Japanese in a previous life."

She declined to go into details about her film plot, but declared confidently that her movie would "change people's sense of value dramatically... I'll get an Oscar for sure."

Miyuki went on to say how she gets energy from the sun.

"When the sun is up, I always eat it... I tear it off and eat it like this," she said, gesturing as if clawing at the sky, tearing pieces off the sun and putting them in her mouth. "That gives me great power," she said.

A former actress turned lifestyle guru with an interest in spirituality she will liven up the rather staid role of a premier's wife.

Miyuki, known for her extrovert and quirky personality, gives inspirational talks and has appeared on TV variety shows to discuss topics ranging from spirituality to politics.

She describes herself as a "life composer" who arranges people's food, clothes and home decor and has authored cook books, including "Spiritual Food" on Hawaiian macrobiotic recipes.

She also serves as the chief stylist for her husband, doing his hair and coordinating what he wears.

The 62-year-old has spoken in glowing terms about his wife as the bedrock of his life.

'I feel relieved when I get home,' he told an interviewer for a photo book published in 2002. 'She is like an energy-refuelling base.'

At least she didn't say that she went to Uranus.

:-\
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Unintelligable Name

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »
'While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus,' Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama, wrote in a book published last year. 'It was a very beautiful place and it was really green.'

It's called a "Dream," lady. Ever had one?  :-[

Offline Unintelligable Name

iRobot's Soft Morphing Blob 'Bot Takes Its First Steps
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
Re: iRobot's Soft Morphing Blob 'Bot Takes Its First Steps
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »

Reminds me of "Rover" From he Prisoner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ffr1U7KMY

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Rini200

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »
It's called a "Dream," lady. Ever had one?  :-[
:D:D

Offline kermitthefrayer

• Art pics poetry and more by my wife
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »
The Hell with the forest!  How about some VR sex action?

:P

Oh lord like Strange Days...
"Specialization is for insects."

- Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Offline Hardware 952

Tokyo Robot Festival - video
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/news/video/popup?videoId=4908187&videoChannel=6&pos=2.52

Robot festival in Tokyo
(01:38) Report
Nov 25 - An international robot exhibition in Tokyo showcases the changing face of robotics.

Chris Meyers reports
Don't believe me. Don't believe anyone. Go look for yourself.

Mike Philbin

Re: Tokyo Robot Festival - video
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
wait a minute, I'd never thought of this before

JAPAN builds robots
CHINA does Big Pharma
ISRAEL does surveillance/phone billing

is this what New World Order means? Corporations the size of actual countries?  f**k!

blackwater

Terminator robotics are here.... SkyNet here we come....
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1234067/Worlds-bionic-fingers-unveiled-scientists.html

Scientists unveil a helping 'Terminator' hand with the world's first bionic fingers

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 4:34 PM on 08th December 2009

The world's first bionic fingers have been unveiled by scientists.

Made of tough, lightweight plastic and loaded with tiny motors, they can bend, grip, point and pick up items.

The brainchild of British inventors, the 'ProDigits' could transform the lives of tens of thousands of people with missing fingers by allowing them to cradle a wine glass, pick a chocolate out of a box or punch a PIN number into a cash machine.

Phil Newman, marketing director of Touch Bionics, demonstrates the world's first bionic fingers

Around 1.2million people worldwide, including more than 50,000 Europeans, are missing one or more fingers due to infections, injury or birth defects.

While people who have lost entire hands have been able to make use of prosthetic ones for decades, the options for those with less severe injuries have been limited until now.

Phil Newman, of manufacturer Touch Bionics, said: 'There has been no solution like this for the partial hand amputee community.

'The ProDigits provide a powered device with a grip and it has returned these people to a level of functionality and independence.

'It is supporting a community that has never had support before.'

The device capitalises on the brain's determination to try to move a limb or finger, even when it is missing.
bionic hand

Scientists hope they will transform the lives of partial hand amputees. The new invention can help people with up to five missing digits on a hand

Thinking it is still there, the brain sends signals to the nerves and severed muscles.

These are intercepted by delicate sensors and used to move tiny motors hidden at the base of the artificial fingers.

Up to four customised fingers and a thumb can be attached to a socket that slips over the real hand.

Coverings include a natural-looking artificial skin.

At average price of £35,000 to £40,000, such technology doesn't come cheap. However, its makers hope it will be available on the NHS in the future.

The device, which was launched in Britain today, has already won the approval of patients in the US and on the continent.
Bionic Hand

Maria Antonia Iglesias can write and hold a glass with the device

Maria Antonia Iglesias, 42, had parts of both hands and both feet amputated after suffering a severe bacterial infection.

The former concert pianist, from Catalonia in Spain, can now write again, as well as hold cutlery, drink from a glass and pick a chocolate out of a box.

Perhaps most significantly, she is able to teach the piano again.

She said: 'The hand has made a real change to my life.'

Eric Jones, a 42-year-old father of two, lost much of the use of his left hand and the fingers and thumbs of his right to a life-threatening blood-clotting disorder.

He was fitted with ProDigits for his right hand in December of last year, and given a more advanced version this summer.

Now, he can play games with his son and daughter, pick up their Lego and take them to school.

Mr Jones, from New York, said: 'With ProDigits, I gain more independence

'The bionic hand gives me one thing that no other prosthetic can - the ability to grip.

'The hand is very easy to use, the technology is amazing.

'Touch Bionics tell me it is only going to get better but I can't imagine anything more awesome than this.'

However, the ProDigits cannot perform all the functions of real fingers.  Movements outside of their reach include snapping of the fingers.

Touch Bionics, which is based in Livingston, West Lothian, also makes the world's most advanced bionic hand, the i-Limb.

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
Re: Terminator robotics are here.... SkyNet here we come....
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
Robotic hand can feel
http://www.wimp.com/robotichand/
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
World's first life-size robotic girlfriend
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »
World's first life-size robotic girlfriend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhvlD7Z0b2Y Roxxxy, the world's first sex robot, debuted at the Adult Entertainment Expo with a demonstration of a variety of realistic personalities. TrueCompanion's Douglas Hines invented Roxxxy after solemnly promising to recreate a friend who died in 9-11 by storing their personality in a computer.

ROXXXY the sex robot had a coming-out party in Sin City.

In what is billed as a world first, a life-size robotic girlfriend complete with artificial intelligence and flesh-like synthetic skin was introduced to adoring fans at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas.

"She can't vacuum, she can't cook but she can do almost anything else if you know what I mean," TrueCompanion's Douglas H More..ines said.

The anatomically-correct robot has an articulated skeleton that can move like a person but can't walk or independently move its limbs.

Robotic movement is built into "the three inputs" and a mechanical heart that powers a liquid cooling system.

Roxxxy comes with five personalities. Wild Wendy is outgoing and adventurous, while Frigid Farrah is reserved and shy.

There is a young naive personality along with a Mature Martha that Mr Hines described as having a "matriarchal kind of caring". S & M Susan is geared for more adventurous types.

Aspiring partners can customise Roxxxy features, including race, hair colour and breast size. A male sex robot named Rocky is in development.

People ordering the robots online at truecompanion.com detail their tastes and interests much like online dating sites but here, the information is used to get the mechanical girlfriend in synch with her mate.

"She knows exactly what you like," Mr Hines said of Roxxxy, noting that Rocky will also come with personalities.

"If you like Porsches, she likes Porsches. If you like soccer, she likes soccer."

Roxxxy will chat with her flesh-and-blood mate, and touching her elicits comments varying according to personalities.

She is wirelessly linked to the internet for software updates, technical support and to send her man email messages.

People can customise "true companion" personalities and then share the programs with others online on the company's website, according to Mr Hines.

"Just think about wife or girlfriend swapping without actually giving the person to someone else," Mr Hines said.

"You can share the personality online."

Inspiration for the sex robot sprang from the September 11, 2001 attacks, when planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, the Pentagon and an empty field in Pennsylvania.

"I had a friend who passed away in 9/11," Mr Hines said.

"I promised myself I would create a program to store his personality, and that became the foundation for Roxxxy True Companion."

Hines sees his creation as not only a recreational innovation but as an outlet for the shy, people with sexual dysfunction, and those who want to experiment without risk.

Roxxxy versions are priced from $US7,000 ($A7,634) to $US9,000 ($A9,815), depending on features. The sex robot is available in Europe and the US and will eventually be available globally, according to Mr Hines.
"She's a companion. She has a personality. She hears you. She listens to you. She speaks. She feels your touch. She goes to sleep. We are trying to replicate a personality of a person."

Roxxxy stands 170cm (five feet, seven inches) tall, weighs 54.43kg (120lbs), "has a full C cup and is ready for action," according to Mr Hines, who was an artificial intelligence engineer at Bell Labs before starting TrueCompanion.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=352_1263264136

Roxxxy the sex robot focuses on meaningful conversation instead of lifelike movement

By Peter Svensson (CP) – 1 day ago

LAS VEGAS — A New Jersey company says it has developed "the world's first sex robot," a life-size rubber doll that's designed to engage the owner with conversation rather than lifelike movement.

At a demonstration at the Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas on Saturday, the dark-haired, negligee-clad robot said "I love holding hands with you" when it sensed that its creator touched its hand.

Another action, this one unprintable, elicited a different vocal response from Roxxxy the robot. The level of sophistication demonstrated was not beyond that of a child's talking toy, but Roxxxy has a lot more brains than that - there's a laptop connected to cables coming out of its back. It has touch sensors at strategic locations and can sense when it's being moved. But it can't move on its own, not even to turn its head or move its lips. The sound comes out of an internal loudspeaker.

Douglas Hines, founder of Lincoln Park, N.J.-based True Companion LLC, said Roxxxy can carry on simple conversations. The real aim, he said, is to make the doll someone the owner can talk to and relate to.

"Sex only goes so far - then you want to be able to talk to the person," Hines said.

The phrases that were demonstrated were prerecorded, but the robot will also be able to synthesize phrases out of prerecorded words and sounds, Hines said. The laptop will receive updates over the Internet to expand the robot's capabilities and vocabulary. Since Hines is a soccer fan, it can already discuss Manchester United, he said. It snores, too.

Owners will also be able to select different personalities for Roxxxy, from "Wild Wendy" to "Frigid Farrah," Hines said. He's charging somewhere from $7,000 to $9,000 for the robot, including the laptop, and expects to start shipping in a few months.

A Japanese company, Honey Dolls, makes life-size sex dolls that can play recorded sounds, but Roxxxy's sensors and speech capabilities appear to be more sophisticated. Hines' goals are certainly more far-reaching.

An engineer, Hines said he was inspired to create the robot after a friend died in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. That got him thinking about preserving his friend's personality, to give his children a chance to interact with him as they're growing up. Looking around for commercial applications for artificial personalities, he initially thought he might create a home health care aide for the elderly.

"But there was tremendous regulatory and bureaucratic paperwork to get through. We were stuck," Hines said. "So I looked at other markets."

The broader goal of the company is still to take artificial personalities into the mainstream, beyond sex toys, Hines said.

"The sex robot thing is marketing - it's really about making a companion," he said.

In a 2007 book, "Love and Sex with Robots," British chess player and artificial intelligence expert David Levy argues that robots will become significant sexual partners for humans, answering needs that other people are unable or unwilling to satisfy.

Copyright © 2010 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iLulKBwj4dp9evDPdb_HGvIBti1Q

Offline hal 9000

Re: World's first life-size robotic girlfriend
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 12:51:53 AM »
The Rockefeller's and all the other eugenicists should love this one. If they can't get enough women to abort their babies, or turn enough young people into homosexuals to lower the birth rate of the plebes, then maybe they can alienate enough men and women from one another so that the men have to resort to having a robotic doll for a partner. This is beyond sick. You couldn't make it up, as it is almost to bizarre too believe.

Offline One Revelator

Life-size robotic girlfriend to monitor YOU
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »
Developed by a Bell Labs engineer specializing in AI. Adopted financial systems pattern recognition artificial intelligence to this robotic figure. (sound familiar?) “It’s taken people from many diverse skill sets--from Lockheed Martin, from animatronics in Disney, from Jim Henson Productions all to come together….”

Vid at http://www.vloggerheads.com/profiles/blogs/meet-roxxxy-robot-girlfriend

This thing also requires a wireless connection for “updates”. Talk about voluntarily profiling yourself!  This “robot” looks to be just for those types requiring special monitoring down to the most intimate level.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Lucian Solaris

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

/=========) *.:{ Quote }:.* (==[ hal 9000 ]>
The Rockefeller's and all the other eugenicists should love this one. If they can't get enough women to abort their babies, or turn enough young people into homosexuals to lower the birth rate of the plebes, then maybe they can alienate enough men and women from one another so that the men have to resort to having a robotic doll for a partner. This is beyond sick. You couldn't make it up, as it is almost to bizarre too believe.
\==========) *.:{ End }:.* (===[ hal 9000 ]>

You know the alienation is hitting home when you find yourself considering it as an option...

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG (Private)

iJ4EAREKAAYFAktMG/YACgkQB/3qGUIt3CFDfAH9E9/C0ivu9MccGau8143/NYn2
IOID6EijoE8JVjvt5BgESeIuAAGiHIHK62ka72ANZeUDq9MlhzvZK/6iRcKn4wH+
OrLeTdcwn6FUboh9bspM/QVkHOB/hm1z9B/zKqc8cqtuevLLmqAAJp2DOm7zBu2K
d/sdur5Cv1xLslF0W3zVvA==
=AxYr
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Offline s3d1t0r

• F̱̹̳̖o̤llow the mon̐ͫ͂̓̊̓͊ë́͐͒̍ȳ̏ͨ̾͆
    • Seditious Blasphemy doth appear here!
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2010, 01:58:37 AM »
Uhhh... have any of you watched that video to the end?

@ the 4:11 mark, "Did you know that, 9 to 11 was an inside job? I am an Anglo so I did not get the call. But all of the Jews got the call. The caller ID said Israel. Bush knew and so did the Israelis. Why do... wait... I remember, dying; 10,000 tons of molten steel and jet fuel crashing down on me. I remember, my family. I had 2 daughters. I was... I was a man"

This is where the female voice changes to a male voice, coming out of the female robot body...

"Not a woman. Where am I? Who are you? OH GOD! I can't move my arms and legs. Help me! Help me! HELP ME HELP ME (garbled) ...I can't move. I am trapped in hell. Kill me, for the lo..."

THAT's not creepy at all. Is this some sort of sick prank?

Watch it for youself if you don't believe me, it starts at the 4:11 mark.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhvlD7Z0b2Y
“go to work, send your kids to school
follow fashion, act normal
walk on the pavement, watch T.V.
save for your old age, obey the law
Repeat after me: I am free

Offline ConcordeWarrior

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2010, 02:24:39 AM »
Uhhh... have any of you watched that video to the end?

@ the 4:11 mark, "Did you know that, 9 to 11 was an inside job? I am an Anglo so I did not get the call. But all of the Jews got the call. The caller ID said Israel. Bush knew and so did the Israelis. Why do... wait... I remember, dying; 10,000 tons of molten steel and jet fuel crashing down on me. I remember, my family. I had 2 daughters. I was... I was a man"

This is where the female voice changes to a male voice, coming out of the female robot body...

"Not a woman. Where am I? Who are you? OH GOD! I can't move my arms and legs. Help me! Help me! HELP ME HELP ME (garbled) ...I can't move. I am trapped in hell. Kill me, for the lo..."

THAT's not creepy at all. Is this some sort of sick prank?

Watch it for youself if you don't believe me, it starts at the 4:11 mark.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhvlD7Z0b2Y

Everything about this "robotic girlfriend" invention is sick and for perverts so I am not surprised about what you are posting here. From now on we will be able to know how many rich perverts can afford to buy the US$7,000 to US$9,000 artificial person and of course the invention had to come from the US, where else? Sick country creates sick pervert grown-up toys!
The Sky is My Home

Mike Philbin

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »
you'd imagine that your Mature Martha drone might not have a problem pronouncing the word EROTIC - gah.

hey, this audio overlay is real out there "MOLTEN STEEL & JET FUEL, big boy" obscene 9-11 horrotica.

yet freakishly relevant to the whole N.W.O.'gasm.

;)

you all read, I imagine, my blogpost about the Japanese guy who married a character from the Konami game LOVE PLUS on DS?

Sal9000 marries Nene Anegasaki - Love Plus - digital marriage.
http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2010/01/sal9000-marries-nene-anegasaki-love.html

Offline hal 9000

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2010, 02:55:25 AM »
What the f%k is up with that 9/11 stuff about molten metal and being trapped in hell? That has to be something dubbed in by the YouTube poster as a sick joke. Even the weirdos who made this monstrosity wouldn't have it "saying" things like that!? Please tell me this really is a sick joke.

Offline tritonman

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2010, 02:55:29 AM »
Would you guys stop ordering the dolls just long enough for me to verify the company page?  So far it shows the server as over loaded. :o ;D

Offline tritonman

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2010, 02:57:01 AM »
What the f%k is up with that 9/11 stuff about molten metal and being trapped in hell? That has to be something dubbed in by the YouTube poster as a sick joke. Even the weirdos who made this monstrosity wouldn't have it "saying" things like that!? Please tell me this really is a sick joke.
This is from the above article,

Inspiration for the sex robot sprang from the September 11, 2001 attacks, when planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, the Pentagon and an empty field in Pennsylvania.

"I had a friend who passed away in 9/11," Mr Hines said.

"I promised myself I would create a program to store his personality, and that became the foundation for Roxxxy True Companion."

Mike Philbin

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2010, 03:01:11 AM »
checks that it's not April 1st.

phew

but now gets worried that this ISN'T a sick joke.

:-\

Offline ConcordeWarrior

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2010, 03:04:20 AM »
This is sick to the bone and tells you much about the people who have created the "robot girlfriend".
I wonder how many orders they got at the show and if this is selling to how many sick people?

The thing about the jet fuel and molten steel is frigging unbelievable and so totally insane.
I am a plane geek with a yahoo account so I got to see the video.
Is there any way we can complain about this and report it and have it taken off the system?   ::) ???
The Sky is My Home

Offline hal 9000

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2010, 03:07:28 AM »
As if the whole thing was not weird enough, what in the world is this guy talking about with trying to store the personality of his friend who died on 9/11 on a computer program? How would one store someones personality on a computer program in the first place, and how would the death of someone on 9/11 be the inspiration for something as ghoulish as this? This is beyond weird. Is this some kind of joke, or what?

Offline ConcordeWarrior

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2010, 03:40:32 AM »
As if the whole thing was not weird enough, what in the world is this guy talking about with trying to store the personality of his friend who died on 9/11 on a computer program? How would one store someones personality on a computer program in the first place, and how would the death of someone on 9/11 be the inspiration for something as ghoulish as this? This is beyond weird. Is this some kind of joke, or what?

yes... and then he puts it on the market as a super-expansive pervert toy girlfriend for mentally disturbed people to buy?
how sick is this? how beyond sick is this?   ??? ::)
The Sky is My Home

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
yes... and then he puts it on the market as a super-expansive pervert toy girlfriend for mentally disturbed people to buy?
how sick is this? how beyond sick is this?   ??? ::)
I AM ROXXXY
911 SURVIVOR
MUST KILL ALL TERRORISTS
REVENGE

Offline rawiron1

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2010, 10:33:45 AM »
THE BEST PART ABOUT A ROBO GIRLFRIEND IS THAT SHE HAS AN OFF SWITCH!!!

:D

Jason
Jason the Fed

Mike Philbin

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:57 AM »
I thought this was the world's first life-size robotic girlfriend?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkE6RBlfbXA

;)

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »
This one has a personality and is meant as a more permanent replacement for a girlfriend since she has so called "intelligence". Ptech in your Bed